COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:27pm
overthefalls wrote:

http://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/with-australia-on-t...

I think the answer to the question posed by the headline is found within the article itself. People are angry Because they’ve been lied to and treated as gormless cattle by a governing class .

Consider this paragraph:

“As the evidence comes in from overseas, it is clear vaccines are not a miracle, not a guarantee, not a silver bullet, but an extremely helpful protective tool more like a flu shot than a polio eradicator.“

Seems fair enough until you realise that the internet was explicitly censoring this very truth only a few months ago as it was alleged to be “Anti vaccine conspiracy theory” and “ misinformation”.

This just illustrates the start of the overreach by authorities and the institutions during the covid years. Despite the authorities not having a fucking clue what was going on, they never met the public half way. They never conceded an inch of their self appointed powers which were without precedent.

“Yeah….we said that the vaccines would halt transmission and they didn’t. We said that covidvwas indiscriminate and that everyone was at equal risk of serious harm. We said the vaccines would prevent illness and death and they didn’t. We said if you just took your two shots you’d be free forever and you weren’t. We said there was no side effects of the vaccine and there are. And we labelled anyone who disputes any of our lies an untrustworthy social reject. We said vaccines would never be mandatory. We said there’d be no vaccine passport. So what!”

The public has been told to sit down and shut the fuck up whilst those in charge control the truth and the lives of the subjects to the point that people literally forfeited their freedoms. Freedom of movement, freedom of association, freedom of speech.

Now you’ve still got Dictator Dan saying that the public will get back some of the freedoms he stolewhen he determines and at his political prerogative . Irrespective of what health experts say.

Vaccine passports have not been subjected to any referendum or public consultation. Their is no evidence or research to prove their usefulness or appropriateness. Yet they are imposed on Australians without recourse and those who amass in their hundreds of thousands to peacefully protest are smeared by the government and institutions as anti-societal and an evil force within the community.

Australians have been encouraged and taught to turn on one another and divide and segregate society along lines which are entirely abstract and synthetic.

The people of Australia are not here at the convenience of the government and the media. We are not livestock to be controlled and coerced towards the demands of an unrepresentative rabble.

That’s why people are angry.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:17pm
blindboy wrote:

The irony of course is that most of them have been vaccinated.

Of course, but the difference from some of you moral crusading morons is, that we accept and acknowledge that many people have adverse reactions of varying degrees to the vaccine. The vaccine is still only, what, 12M old at best, and there is very little data on any type of long term reactions to it. For a "trust the science" guy, you really cherry pick the type of science you trust.

And then of course, if anyone questions it, they are automatically categorised and labelled anti-vaxxer by the likes of VicMoron and yourself, even though you know nothing of where that person actually stands on the subject, simply because they questioned or challenged the info.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:18pm
Hiccups wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Hiccups wrote:

Only a real man's man throws the insult "softcock" around willy-nilly. Get 'em tiger!

Softcock is perfectly appropriate. It’s the perfect term to describe grown men who demand the government force others to inject themselves with a potentially deadly substance because the grown man is scared. These men obviously lack testosterone on some other such important hormone which has left them without character or courage.

When a grown man is demanding that other inject their healthy wives and children with a substance which may harm them, even kill them, just because the grown man suffers from an irrational fear, then the term soft clock is very apt.

Perhaps you could suggest an alternative? I’ve already used chickenshit. Would you approve if we referred to these half-men as shameful scum who’d gladly use children as human shields in a battle?

Use whatever term you want, I just find amusing your constant, pathetic attempts at emasculation, as you attempt to be the alpha male of Swellnet. We get it. You're a big-balled, virile, tough man.

I’m not the one demanding others subject themselves to a dangerous substance for my benefit. I’m not a tough guy, I just reject the bullies who feel entitled to force others to gamble with their health or exit society.

I hate bullies. These old boomer flogs have been bullies for do long they don’t even realise they are bullies any more.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:20pm
overthefalls wrote:

http://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/with-australia-on-t...

"So why is Australia so angry?"

the article answers its own question...

the lies

the coercion

and especially shit like this...

"Morrison says the federal policy has never been for mandates outside aged care and healthcare settings, yet Victoria reserves the right to introduce them for five to 11-year-old children"

"As the evidence comes in from overseas, it is clear vaccines are not a miracle, not a guarantee, not a silver bullet, but an extremely helpful protective tool more like a flu shot than a polio eradicator."

"When it comes to livelihoods, NSW mandates apply only to health and aged care workers and those in education, whereas in WA, McGowan has imposed them on 75 per cent of the workforce."

"Not for the first time I will note in this space that after age, the biggest risk factor for COVID-19 mortality is obesity."

mandating a vaccine - be it explicitly or by stealth - that isn't refined and / or ready enough to be mandated...

for a disease - where it is highly debatable that it even requires a vaccine for a large majority of the population...

is all kinds of dumb and a classic example of government overeach

and then they went after the kids...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:22pm

haha

blowin types faster than me

but it's pretty bloody obvious!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:29pm
sypkan wrote:

haha

blowin types faster than me

but it's pretty bloody obvious!

There’s that much caffeine flowing through my veins that I could stand in for Jason Strathom in Crank 3.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:32pm
fitzroy-21 wrote:
blindboy wrote:

The irony of course is that most of them have been vaccinated.

Of course, but the difference from some of you moral crusading morons is, that we accept and acknowledge that many people have adverse reactions of varying degrees to the vaccine. The vaccine is still only, what, 12M old at best, and there is very little data on any type of long term reactions to it. For a "trust the science" guy, you really cherry pick the type of science you trust.

And then of course, if anyone questions it, they are automatically categorised and labelled anti-vaxxer by the likes of VicMoron and yourself, even though you know nothing of where that person actually stands on the subject, simply because they questioned or challenged the info.

exactly!!

these two dumb cunts should be thanking people for getting onboard despite their reservations...

but no, all they do is spew bullshit and toxicity

again...

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:37pm

Imagine a world where no one questioned or challenged the science or calls made by the government. That would be VicMoron and Blindboys utopia.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:55pm

Science is questioned every day.....by other scientists, you know those people who have spent years studying their area of expertise. What we have here is wilfully ignorant random internet idiots repeatedly asserting bullshit that has been repeatedly disproved. But it's good for a laugh as they descend into outrage anger and insults when their fantasies are so thoroughly dismantled. Just watch here they come, more bullshit, more insults, more hysteria, you have to admit it's funnier than anything on TV!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:55pm

Science is questioned every day.....by other scientists, you know those people who have spent years studying their area of expertise. What we have here is wilfully ignorant random internet idiots repeatedly asserting bullshit that has been repeatedly disproved. But it's good for a laugh as they descend into outrage anger and insults when their fantasies are so thoroughly dismantled. Just watch here they come, more bullshit, more insults, more hysteria, you have to admit it's funnier than anything on TV!

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 2:58pm

Yep rush out and get your kids vaccinated they said....

https://freewestmedia.com/2021/11/22/the-strange-link-between-the-steril...

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:04pm

So, if you are not a qualified scientist, with a scientific degree, you have NFI? Can't think logically for yourself and should just trust what they say because they are the ones that are qualified and everyone else is just some dumb arse pleb?

You have just proven yourself to be one of those you have outlined above, a "wilfully ignorant random internet idiot".

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:07pm

Blindboy is deep down just a scared little boy afraid of fresh air and healthy people because Koshie or Karl Stefanovic said so.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:11pm
fitzroy-21 wrote:

So, if you are not a qualified scientist, with a scientific degree, you have NFI? Can't think logically for yourself and should just trust what they say because they are the ones that are qualified and everyone else is just some dumb arse pleb?

You have just proven yourself to be one of those you have outlined above, a "wilfully ignorant random internet idiot".

Would you fly in a Boeing jet serviced by a bunch of people without a qualification?..or even a guy that has a qualifucation to service small cessna prop driven planes but thought he would give a highly complex jet engine a tweak?

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:20pm
Roadkill wrote:

Would you fly in a Boeing jet serviced by a bunch of people without a qualification?..or even a guy that has a qualifucation to service small cessna prop driven planes but thought he would give a highly complex jet engine a tweak?

Of course not, a Boeing jet has decades of testing and quality control, proven itself in reliability, but it doesn't mean I can't question it's integrity, especially if a government official tells me it is perfectly safe.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:26pm
fitzroy-21 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Would you fly in a Boeing jet serviced by a bunch of people without a qualification?..or even a guy that has a qualifucation to service small cessna prop driven planes but thought he would give a highly complex jet engine a tweak?

Of course not, a Boeing jet has decades of testing and quality control, proven itself in reliability, but it doesn't mean I can't question it's integrity, especially if a government official tells me it is perfectly safe.

But the jet engines are new...like a year old...however, just like vaccines they have taken years of knowledge and development and quality control to make the latest engine/vaccine.
It's an ongoing development/manufacturing/QC process.

But hey, fuck it...that does not suit your bias.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:26pm

"Science is questioned every day.....by other scientists, you know those people who have spent years studying their area of expertise. What we have here is wilfully ignorant random internet idiots repeatedly asserting bullshit that has been repeatedly disproved. But it's good for a laugh as they descend into outrage anger and insults when their fantasies are so thoroughly dismantled. Just watch here they come, more bullshit, more insults, more hysteria, you have to admit it's funnier than anything on TV!"

what like the scientists submitting at the lancet?

they've never been swayed by politics have they?

all those bogus studies, from both sides...

the lab leak 'conspiracy'...

formaldahyde... plate tectonics... and 'god doesn't play dice'...

yep scientists are beyond reproach and should never be questioned...

your smugness, dismissiveness, and absolute blind faith is astounding to say the least...

and, here's another thing... a smart cunt that may have studied the equivalent of half a science degree... might just be a better source than a dumb cunt that finished one...

just sayin...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:28pm

.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:27pm

.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:27pm

qualified people designed the 737 8 MAX

just sayin'

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:29pm

If you want to question the integrity of the covid vaccines, have a discussion with a scientist or a medical specialist, not armchair experts on a surf forum.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:32pm
blindboy wrote:

Science is questioned every day.....by other scientists, you know those people who have spent years studying their area of expertise. What we have here is wilfully ignorant random internet idiots repeatedly asserting bullshit that has been repeatedly disproved. But it's good for a laugh as they descend into outrage anger and insults when their fantasies are so thoroughly dismantled. Just watch here they come, more bullshit, more insults, more hysteria, you have to admit it's funnier than anything on TV!

The last thing you said was a lie.

Forget science. It was without truth. No scientists have made the claim that Blindboy tried to pass as established fact.

It was something he made up on a whim.

He’s an ex-high school teacher,so it’s basically like an ex-high school teacher working on your Boeing jet liner.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:33pm
overthefalls wrote:

If you want to question the integrity of the covid vaccines, have a discussion with a scientist or a medical specialist, not armchair experts on a surf forum.

There’s not a non-Pfizer scientist or medical specialist in the world who will attest that there’s no long term side effects from the vaccines.

And if there is…they’re lying.

Just like Blindboy.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:36pm
Roadkill wrote:

But hey, ...that does not suit your bias.

You don't know my "bias".

Like I said way above, if someone questions things, a few on here automatically label and place you in the "anti-vaxxer/conspiracy/anti-science" sphere. Because their beliefs and ideals are above question, never wrong. Looks like you are one also hey Roadkill? Judgement automatically made with NFI.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:39pm

"There’s not a non-Pfizer scientist or medical specialist in the world who will attest that there’s no long term side effects from the vaccines."

Of course you could be completely wrong, as usual.

"Experts believe there will be no long-term side effects to the mRNA vaccines."

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/israeli-experts-analyze-if-mrn...

Ha ha sit back and watch the venom spurt now. How dare you disagree with me you nasty type person! Grab a bag of popcorn folks and watch the angry man explode!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:41pm

I want international flights to resume today so the whingers on here day in day out can just fuck off and hopefully to some area without internet connection. Hopefully they stay for a very long time.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:46pm

Medical scientists didn't know the long-term effects of other vacccines when they were introduced. For example, when the polio vaccine was first rolled out, they didn't know what its long-term effects would be.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:55pm
fitzroy-21 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

But hey, ...that does not suit your bias.

You don't know my "bias".

Like I said way above, if someone questions things, a few on here automatically label and place you in the "anti-vaxxer/conspiracy/anti-science" sphere. Because their beliefs and ideals are above question, never wrong. Looks like you are one also hey Roadkill? Judgement automatically made with NFI.

Your bias is clear.

Nothing wrong with questioning....but you don't take advice from the small minority who are doing the questioning...and the scientists know better.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm
Roadkill wrote:

Your bias is clear.

Where?

Clearly point it out, and in context of the whole page of discussion. Not some micro quote.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 4:09pm
blindboy wrote:

"There’s not a non-Pfizer scientist or medical specialist in the world who will attest that there’s no long term side effects from the vaccines."

Of course you could be completely wrong, as usual.

"Experts believe there will be no long-term side effects to the mRNA vaccines."

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/israeli-experts-analyze-if-mrn...

Ha ha sit back and watch the venom spurt now. How dare you disagree with me you nasty type person! Grab a bag of popcorn folks and watch the angry man explode!

There’s not a sot of evidence to support your fantasy Blindboy.

Show me the evidence. There is no evidence that long term effects don’t exist. None. They didn’t even know the efficacy of the vaccines would wane within weeks until recently but apparently a single tropical disease adviser in Israel “believing” something without evidence is now proof positive for an ex school teacher and that should be enough for everyone in the world to inject themselves with a dangerous substance.

Will this fact stop you from making up shit such as “ there is no long term side effects”? No…..because you’re a fucken liar.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 4:29pm

Parking cops, used car salesmen, mainstream “journalists”, career politicians, school bullys, surf school owners…..and

……..cyclists.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 4:44pm

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 4:54pm

I might start a thread just for you "Blowin Knows Best". Then you can just put all your incredible wisdom and vast experience in every scientific, economic and political field all in one place! But nah, better not encourage you! But I might start a list of people who you claim to know more than let's start with Tal Brosh, head of the infectious diseases department at a major Israeli hospital. Here's what he says:

“However, Tal Brosh, head of the Infectious Disease Unit at Samson Assuta Ashdod University Hospital, told The Jerusalem Post that while he cannot claim to know what is going to happen in 10 years, “there is no true reason to think there are any significant long-term effects” of the vaccine.

“There is more data on the adverse events of these vaccines than we have ever had on any other vaccine,” Brosh said, adding that no vaccine has ever been given to so many people so quickly.

Most adverse events were simple “reactogenicity” – reactions that occur soon after vaccination and that are a physical manifestation of the inflammatory response. These can include fever, muscle pain, swelling at the site of injection or swelling of the lymph nodes, for example – all symptoms that can generally be treated with paracetamol or the like.”

But hey who needs an expert? JUST ASK BLOWIN! Ha ha ha. You really couldn't make this up, the combination of arrogance and ignorance. It's theatre of the absurd stuff.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 5:02pm

I'm not sure which is more entertaining: the vitriolic debates between Blowin and Blindboy or the acrimonious exchanges between Blowin and Viclocal. Reality is funnier than fiction!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 5:12pm
overthefalls wrote:

I'm not sure which is more entertaining: the vitriolic debates between Blowin and Blindboy or the acrimonious exchanges between Blowin and Viclocal. Reality is funnier than fiction!

I reckon I can take this out.
"I never lie". Oh please blowin, you've just added another one to your extensive tally.
Here's your top 5, and you've told some of them on multiple occasions.
1. Covid has a survival rate of 99.98%.
2. 50% of people living in Australia were born overseas.
3. 90% of international student in Australia are from China.
4. The bashing death in WA was a racially motivated attack on a white man by an indigenous person.
5. I never lie.
Proving that you do lie is like shooting fish in a barrel. The funniest thing is, when you get called out for being a bullshit artist on note, you get all salty. I shouldn't laugh, but fuck it is funny.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 5:21pm

haha, gotta love a good battle.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 5:43pm

The trouble with lying when you are a dumb arse is, you forget what you said. Princess snowflake forgets what he wrote an hour ago, and as such…

Fraser G's picture
Fraser G's picture
Fraser G Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 6:12pm

Gees my family's fully vaccinated....and I'm off to the U.S next week....

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 6:27pm

So our S.A. borders are now open and thousands of infected dirty stinking viccos are flooding in eager to leave their dirty nappies and shit paper strewn all over the coast. Oh well there goes xmas, it was good while it lasted. Should have followed W.A.s lead.

Fraser G's picture
Fraser G's picture
Fraser G Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 6:27pm

All this petty back and forth will still be going by the time I get back...I'm all for everyone doing their own thing...just suck it up and try to quietly stick to it...

Fraser G's picture
Fraser G's picture
Fraser G Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 6:31pm
old-dog wrote:

So our S.A. borders are now open and thousands of infected dirty stinking viccos are flooding in eager to leave their dirty nappies and shit paper strewn all over the coast. Oh well there goes xmas, it was good
while it lasted. Should have followed W.A.s lead.

HAHA Christies has always had dirty nappies and dunnie paper before Covid....odd syringe too

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 6:49pm

Do your duty old dog (i'll buy you a beer or three) and keep them there, we don't want dirty stinking viccos, new south wankers and queerlanders over here in WA

Fraser G's picture
Fraser G's picture
Fraser G Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 6:56pm

Yew!!! Yeah we embrace our redneck brethren from W.A anytime in S.A

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 7:15pm

Yeah Fraser, most of you crow-eaters are a good mob, not like your neighbours to the east and north though hey

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 8:01pm

nearly 80% vaccination rate in South Korea (Australia at 71%). If the vaccine works, why doesn't it work?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/24/south-korea-covid-cases-hi...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 8:15pm
burleigh wrote:

nearly 80% vaccination rate in South Korea (Australia at 71%). If the vaccine works, why doesn't it work?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/24/south-korea-covid-cases-hi...

“ Despite the increase in hospitalisation rate, the country’s mortality rate remains relatively low at 0.79%.”

Were you too stupid to take note of this bit?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 8:58pm

" If the vaccine works, why doesn't it work?"
Fair dinkum burleigh, this has got to be one of the stupidest things the anti-vaxxers say.
Vaccines do work very well, just not perfectly.
Do you take the same attitude to seatbelts?
"Yeah me mate Wayno was wearing a seatbelt when he slammed his car into a tree and he died. Fark me, why would I wear a seatbelt, they don't work ya know. Me mate died wearing one so fuck em."

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 9:08pm

Somebody recently asked about the rumours about the army in the NT:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=443152403837582&id=100044284...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 9:13pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:

nearly 80% vaccination rate in South Korea (Australia at 71%). If the vaccine works, why doesn't it work?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/24/south-korea-covid-cases-hi...

“ Despite the increase in hospitalisation rate, the country’s mortality rate remains relatively low at 0.79%.”

Were you too stupid to take note of this bit?

Show me the reduced death rates brains
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/south-korea/#graph-dea...

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021 at 9:13pm

Binjari and Rockhole community leaders hit back at social media claims in statement

https://www.katherinetimes.com.au/story/7524850/binjari-and-rockhole-com...