COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 11:41am

Just for the record, I am 100% in support of mandatory vacations for everyone.
If anyone refuses they should be forced :)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 11:44am
gragagan wrote:

Just for the record, I am 100% in support of mandatory vacations for everyone.
If anyone refuses they should be forced :)

Not enough.

They should be canceled and publicly shamed on social media and then humiliated in the town square of the nearest capital. Then they should be executed at dawn with their friends and loved ones made to publicly denounce them or face the same fate.

All in the name of health and safety obviously.

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 11:47am

Vacations are the best
As long as everyone doesn't take theirs here...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 11:54am

Blowin and blindboy have been blocked from commenting for 48 hours.

Stop the personal attacks, will ya? We're all sick of it.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 11:56am

@swellnet , are the red circles warning signs that comments are about to be deleted ? & bly, yes you did mention the duplex and blowin did take the piss out of you for it .

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 11:59am

Ha I was wondering about the little symbol that appeared all of a sudden. Good idea. Might help to tone things down a bit

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 11:57am
Supafreak wrote:

@swellnet , are the red circles warning signs that comments are about to be deleted ? & bly, yes you did mention the duplex and blowin did take the piss out of you for it .

It means that person has been temporarily blocked from commenting, until they stop being naughty.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 11:58am
thermalben wrote:

Blowin and blindboy have been blocked from commenting for 48 hours.

Stop the personal attacks, will ya? We're all sick of it.

Good move , temporary ban might stop this .

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:05pm

The naughty corner was never an effective consequence for my kids' misbehaviour, so I doubt it will work. Still, it might be refreshing to read some new perspectives.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:11pm

For clarification: by temporarily banning people from commenting, we're not taking sides with anyone, nor are we putting forth an opinion on the topic.

We are merely putting out a small fire, before it develops into a raging inferno, so we can fucking get on with our work. It's Friday afternoon and I have a bunch of meetings to prepare for. And everyone else here has shit to do too.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:12pm
overthefalls wrote:

The naughty corner was never an effective consequence for my kids' misbehaviour, so I doubt it will work. Still, it might be refreshing to read some new perspectives.

Maybe double the cost of subscription for every temporary ban ? Hip pocket might pull them up lol

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:27pm

I really hope this new varient doesn’t evolve into what scientists are fearing and that’s more resistance to the vaccine and fasting spreading . We have already witnessed this with delta . The vaccine was designed for the original varient and has not been as effective with delta ( still good though ) Another concern is the secret contracts ( apparently ) with Pfizer , again apparently , have a clause that if a cure is found the contracts remain . So if the vaccines have little effect on this new strain are we still locked into these expensive contracts ? Early treatment now more than ever is needed and the focus needs to shift . Or is this just a headline grabbing news story with nothing to worry about ?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:40pm

BB and blowin got yellow cards. What did I miss?

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:43pm

Supafreak, I agree that there needs to be a shift in focus, especially now that most are vaccinated. I think there should also be a focus on preventative measures and early treatments.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:48pm

"Blowin and blindboy have been blocked from commenting for 48 hours."

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:54pm

Supafreak yeah contracts ..

Lots of shady stuff going on.
Bribes etc

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/100553958

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/global-
development/2021/sep/10/pfizer-accused-of-holding-brazil-to-ransom-over-vaccine-contract-demands

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2...

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:54pm

"Blowin and blindboy have been blocked from commenting for 48 hours.

Stop the personal attacks, will ya? We're all sick of it."

Just another bandaid unfortunately but better than nothing. Look who's at the pointy end of another intervention and I'm not referring to BB. Is anyone on here genuinely surprised? What about this for a radical idea (for free), cut Blowin off for six months and watch what happens to the various forum threads. The loss of his genuine contributions will pale into insignificance when compared the loss of the constant, blatant, unrelenting baiting, abuse and agro IMO.

With all due respect Ben, but it's kinda hard to take you seriously when you (or Stu) consistently get on here and complain about having to waste your time controlling abusive threads that 9 times out of 10 involve you know who.

Good luck either way. Keep up the great content & forecasts. Much appreciated.

P.S. Double vaxxed with AZ by the way (no issues) and will have no problems fronting up for any booster requirements so long as the science recommends it. Cheers.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 1:05pm

@saltyone , that first link was a bewdy , the last part had Pfizer promising to donate 1 billion doses in 2021 2022 , they might be useless by then if they ever get around to it .

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 1:24pm

Yep, there's no doubt about it; when it comes to ethics, Pfizer has a poor reputation. However, using that as an argument against the vaccine's efficacy is an exercise in clutching at straws.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 1:44pm
udo wrote:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/3kvgL9JCLTYh/

WTF? Comparing the vaccine rollout in remote Aboriginal communities to genocide? I shouldn't be surprised, however, as the source of this video is Bitchute, a platform for far-right wing commentary and conspiracy theories. Imagine if the NT government did absolutely nothing to reduce the spread of covid in Aboriginal communities. That would also invite hysterical cries of genocide. It's a classic case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. As noted by an Aboriginal health care worker the other day, using the plight of disadvantaged Aboriginal communities to promote your warped political agenda is shameful.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 2:06pm
overthefalls wrote:
udo wrote:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/3kvgL9JCLTYh/

WTF? Comparing the vaccine rollout in remote Aboriginal communities to genocide? I shouldn't be surprised, however, as the source of this video is Bitchute, a platform for far-right wing commentary and conspiracy theories. Imagine if the NT government did absolutely nothing to reduce the spread of covid in Aboriginal communities. That would also invite hysterical cries of genocide. It's a classic case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. As noted by an Aboriginal health care worker the other day, using the plight of disadvantaged Aboriginal communities to promote your warped political agenda is shameful.

100%.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 2:30pm

OK, In the light of the yellow cards being handed out I'd just like to send my best wishes to Indo Dreaming, Sypkan, Hutchy, blowin, and burleigh. I reckon all three of you guys are top blokes, and in the immortal words of the great Jeff Fenech, "I love use all"

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 2:41pm

The new SA variant in the news is reported as initially coming from someone with HIV / AIDS. I'm not sure if this makes it harder to treat or similarly. Anyone have any ideas.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 2:53pm

My brother-in-law, who is a doctor, predicted this would happen. He advised that we should just get used to living with covid, as more variants are likely in the future. I wonder if that also means that new vaccines will have to be developed. I hope not.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:03pm

Yellow cards handed out. Has my support Ben. I’m not a big fan of the abuse and declarative nonsense.

Received an email during the week, the usual spam stuff. Claims include that only the pure bloods would survive, pure bloods defined as anyone who hasn’t been vaccinated; claims that all mRNA vaccines would leave the vaccinated with damaged cells which would see them all get cancer; claims that 82.5% of all women who were vaccinated during pregnancy lost their baby; claims that Dr Borody found a 3 pronged treatment that cures Covid (even he only claimed any efficacy if they got onto them early, real early - even then his 3 pronged treatment hasn’t been able to be duplicated in any clinical studies anywhere); made the usual claims about nobody anywhere having been able to identify a covid virus.

Was quite a mouthful actually. Thanks colonelhogan, like Schultz, you know nothing.

But it was entertaining to read up on what the latest fear campaign going around Facebook et al was up to. Always, so much fear!

I recommend not ‘doing your own research’ on it.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:07pm
Rabbits68 wrote:

Just another bandaid unfortunately but better than nothing. Look who's at the pointy end of another intervention and I'm not referring to BB. Is anyone on here genuinely surprised? What about this for a radical idea (for free), cut Blowin off for six months and watch what happens to the various forum threads. The loss of his genuine contributions will pale into insignificance when compared the loss of the constant, blatant, unrelenting baiting, abuse and agro IMO.

With all due respect Ben, but it's kinda hard to take you seriously when you (or Stu) consistently get on here and complain about having to waste your time controlling abusive threads that 9 times out of 10 involve you know who.

For real SN crew. Is it cos you know him personally, or he writes pieces here occasionally? There is no way his, I'm the alpha male, hear me roar bluster, isn't keeping people away from these forums.

His superiority complex, combined with total lack of self awareness, continues to amaze.

Enjoy watching, and seething from sidelines, blowin.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:11pm

People "doing their own research" in a field that is way outside their area of expertise is how we came up with the word "resurch".

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:23pm
Hiccups wrote:
Rabbits68 wrote:

For real SN crew. Is it cos you know him personally, or he writes pieces here occasionally? There is no way his, I'm the alpha male, hear me roar bluster, isn't keeping people away from these forums.

His superiority complex, combined with total lack of self awareness, continues to amaze.

Enjoy watching, and seething from sidelines, blowin.

I honestly thought you were talking about Blind Boy until you said Blowin.

Swellnet mods are pretty lenient and let a lot go, the problem seems more when it gets in an endless back and forth pattern.

It should be noted the history and debates gone bad between Blowin and Blindboy goes back a very long time, would have to be over a decade now.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:27pm

"It should be noted the history and debates gone bad between Blowin and Blindboy goes back a very long time, would have to be over a decade now."
It's not just BB and blowin. blowin is the loosest canon here. He's accused me of condoning pedos and threatened to bash me on a few occasions.
If I was the Swellnet owners I'd turn his 48 hour sin bin into a red card. And wouldn't he sook about cancel culture then.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:27pm
Vic Local wrote:

OK, In the light of the yellow cards being handed out I'd just like to send my best wishes to Indo Dreaming, Sypkan, Hutchy, blowin, and burleigh. I reckon all three of you guys are top blokes, and in the immortal words of the great Jeff Fenech, "I love use all"

My fav Aussie boxer quote

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:30pm

Agreed, Indo.

john_c's picture
john_c's picture
john_c Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:35pm
batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:36pm
overthefalls wrote:

People "doing their own research" in a field that is way outside their area of expertise is how we came up with the word "resurch".

Yep. Doing ‘research’ requires familiarity with what the word means. Suspending all critical faculties, being blindly unaware of confirmation bias, swallowing whole the most absurd claims and being profoundly ignorant of even the most basic underlying concepts of a subject matter - this isn’t research.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:38pm

Hiccups, your statement that "There is no way his, I'm the alpha male, hear me roar bluster, isn't keeping people away from these forums" hits the nail on the head. My girlfriend got scared away when he told her to go back to Newtown with all the other feminists, and called her a "benchong" who needed to be "bitch-slapped", just because she commented on the hypermasculinity of some surfers. To be honest, I think he's an intelligent, articulate commentator who can be very entertaining at times, but he crosses the line too often.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:40pm

interesting political alignments seem to determine what some see as 'naughty' forum behaviour...

anyone that thinks blindboy (in his various forms...) doesn't give as good as he gets, frankly, is deluding themselves...

same goes for facto...

although cunstance b gibson has got a gerbil in her girdle about certain behaviours... one just thinks to oneself... 'are you fucking serious?!!'

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:41pm
overthefalls wrote:

Hiccups, your statement that "There is no way his, I'm the alpha male, hear me roar bluster, isn't keeping people away from these forums" hits the nail on the head. My girlfriend got scared away when he told her to go back to Newtown with all the other feminists, and called her a "benchong" who needed to be "bitch-slapped", just because she commented on the hypermasculinity of some surfers. To be honest, I think he's an intelligent, articulate commentator who can be very entertaining at times, but he crosses the line too often.

Ooft. Did he actually say that? Shit human.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:43pm
sypkan wrote:

interesting political alignments seem to determine what some see as 'naughty' forum behaviour...

anyone that thinks blindboy (in his various forms...) doesn't give as good as he gets, frankly, is deluding themselves...

same goes for facto...

although cunstance b gibson has got a gerbil in her girdle about certain behaviours... one just thinks to oneself... 'are you fucking serious?!!'

If you think that BB would keep people away from engaging in conversation here the same way blowin does, then your bias is showing.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:51pm
Vic Local wrote:

"It should be noted the history and debates gone bad between Blowin and Blindboy goes back a very long time, would have to be over a decade now."
It's not just BB and blowin. blowin is the loosest canon here. He's accused me of condoning pedos and threatened to bash me on a few occasions.
If I was the Swellnet owners I'd turn his 48 hour sin bin into a red card. And wouldn't he sook about cancel culture then.

well if you didn't constantly make such ridiculous unfounded accusations against him (and others), maybe he wouldn't be so inclined to up the ante in the ridiculous so much...

I think you guys just don't get how he operates... which kinda shows some of you aren't as smart as you think you are... which kinda shows you up to be really dumb when you start calling him dumb and stupid... mr. kruger...

and it ain't just you!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:52pm
Hiccups wrote:
sypkan wrote:

same goes for facto...

If you think that BB would keep people away from engaging in conversation here the same way blowin does, then your bias is showing.

Yep bias goes both ways, you might view Blowin in a certain light but there is many others that view Blind Boy or others in the same light.

One thing that can be said about both Blowin and Blind boy though both can also engage in proper conversation, which many others can not or don't seem interested in doing so.

Patrick0710's picture
Patrick0710's picture
Patrick0710 Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:53pm

"The Czech government has declared a 30-day state of emergency and introduced new Covid restrictions today amid record cases. The state of emergency will come into effect tomorrow, Christmas markets will be banned and it will be forbidden to drink alcohol in public places, the health minister, Adam Vojtěch, said."

Victoria fascist POLICE state!!!!

Oh, wait ...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:54pm
Hiccups wrote:
sypkan wrote:

same goes for facto...

dunno about that mate...

blindboy has scared many a commenter away

(not to mention some quality threads... ie. climate change)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm
overthefalls wrote:

Yep, there's no doubt about it; when it comes to ethics, Pfizer has a poor reputation. However, using that as an argument against the vaccine's efficacy is an exercise in clutching at straws.

There has been a drop in efficiency against the delta varient , not a huge difference but a difference nonetheless , no clutching at straws https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/how-are-covid-vaccines-faring-... The concern with scientists is the 50 mutations, 32 in the spike protein which potentially will make it easier to get around the immune system. The UK has already banned flights from SA and other areas meanwhile Scumo says he’s not concerned and we know he wouldn’t lie . Our flights will continue between SA . https://www.9news.com.au/world/south-africa-coronavirus-variant-everythi...

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 4:19pm

Next round of propaganda in-coming re South African variant. Keeping things in a perpetual cycle of 'problem-reaction-solution'.

Take your masks off and smell the bullshit.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 4:47pm
shortenism wrote:

Next round of propaganda in-coming re South African variant. Keeping things in a perpetual cycle of 'problem-reaction-solution'.

Take your masks off and smell the bullshit.

I sincerely hope it’s nothing more than BS

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 8:17pm

Nailed it @shorty. Masks....blinkers....etc etc...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 8:24pm

Smirko hasn’t got to much right this pandemic, he’d better get this call right .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 9:14pm

Israel gets first case of new varient , 2 other possible cases, all 3 were vaccinated. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-detects-first-case-of-new-highly-mu...

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 9:15pm

"There's a new variant"
"What's it called?"
"Nu"
"Yes, I know it's new, but what's it called?"
"It's called the nu variant"
"It must have a name!"
"Yes, it's nu"
"I know it's new, but what's it called?"
etc ...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 9:47pm

5 times more infective than delta ? Better start building some quarantine camps like queensland.