COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 10:13am
freeride76 wrote:

Shorto, I accept there were a lot of people out on the streets yesterday.

Genuinely curious as to what you think the outcome might be?

Were there any political demands being made?

Im not a fan of protest in generally i think they are generally pointless, but i wouldn't underestimate these protest it clearly not the same people as before its clearly not solely an anti lockdown/anti vax fringe type crowd anymore, it seems more just people concerned about the future and just standing up and saying we have done what's needed but this is where the line is drawn, we dont ever want to go back to a time where government be it state or federal have that much control over our life's

I also dont think most people really want division in our society and different rules between vaxed and un vaxed, to be honest i was for that view before as i think that view was important to push people to get vaccinated, but now with such high vax rates is that whole mindset really going to do anyone any good?

So maybe there is no demand as such, but i think it's important that a line is drawn and people say enough is enough, we aren't doing that again.

Let's be real it got pretty bad for a while there especially in Victoria we were truly living under a police state, things did go too far.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 10:19am
indo-dreaming wrote:

Yes, finally a comment from @info I totally agree with!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 10:34am

"different rules between vaxed and un vaxed,"
I've just seen a video of Scumo from about 7 years ago banging on about the benefits of vaccines and saying how the no jab / no entry policy was essential. And this was in the context of childcare centres and much less lethal viruses.
Seems like different rules for the vaxed and unvaxed people was a very successful policy those days.
Scumo has changed his tune and is trying to appeal to the idiot mob (while also demanding no unvaxed people attend his press conference). What a phoney.
Personally I couldn't give a flying fuck about the feelings of un-vaxed people, and this doesn't just apply to Covid. Governments should never make laws to protect the wilfully ignorant at the expense of others doing the right thing.
All the state premiers are staring down the anti-science idiots, because they have to pick up the pieces if things go pear-shaped. Scumo on the other hand is "understanding their feelings" and wants the unvaxed to be able to go to cafes and put front line hospitality staff at risk. The man is a complete (redacted to protect the precious RWNJs)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 10:48am
gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 10:55am
indo-dreaming wrote:
freeride76 wrote:

Shorto, I accept there were a lot of people out on the streets yesterday.

Genuinely curious as to what you think the outcome might be?

Were there any political demands being made?

Im not a fan of protest in generally i think they are generally pointless, but i wouldn't underestimate these protest it clearly not the same people as before its clearly not solely an anti lockdown/anti vax fringe type crowd anymore, it seems more just people concerned about the future and just standing up and saying we have done what's needed but this is where the line is drawn, we dont ever want to go back to a time where government be it state or federal have that much control over our life's

I also dont think most people really want division in our society and different rules between vaxed and un vaxed, to be honest i was for that view before as i think that view was important to push people to get vaccinated, but now with such high vax rates is that whole mindset really going to do anyone any good?

So maybe there is no demand as such, but i think it's important that a line is drawn and people say enough is enough, we aren't doing that again.

Let's be real it got pretty bad for a while there especially in Victoria we were truly living under a police state, things did go too far.

Except for cashless welfare cards, right?

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 11:01am

A lot of these protesters would be the result of LNP education policies. We can all thank Howard, Abbott et al for the dumbing down of Australia. Every year it's like "lets cut funding for education, again. No one will ever notice..."

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 11:04am

"...not the same people as before its clearly not solely an anti lockdown/anti vax fringe type crowd anymore, it seems more just people concerned about the future and just standing up and saying we have done what's needed but this is where the line is drawn, we dont ever want to go back to a time where government be it state or federal have that much control over our life's..."

yep, clearly different crew... different issues...

yes the nutters are still there, but they aren't the main element, despite the media and bullshitters on here trying to paint it that way...

ironically, I think it's being anti bullshit that is uniting these people... on so many fronts! ...the curtain has been pulled back, and people aren't liking what we've seen...

the number estimates are ridiculous, from both sides... the media clearly trying to talk it down (whilst constantly revising figues up) and the parricipants clearly caught up un the moment...

200 000 nah

but if there was only 3000 people in that crowd at the melbournes protest... i'll eat vicvocals bullshit laden underpants...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=463107735175984&id=100043213...

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 11:32am

Freeride the general stance was for pro choice re vaccines and an end to lockdowns, which all circle around these Emergency Declarations.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 11:58am

Police opened fire on anti-lockdown protesters in the Dutch city of Rotterdam Friday ahead of demonstrations in several European cities against new Covid restrictions. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/police-netherlands-open-fire-covid-lo...

campbell's picture
campbell's picture
campbell Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 12:15pm
Supafreak wrote:

No jab no job https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-21/fears-covid-vaccine-mandate-to-le...

As if the neck tattoo doesnt make her employment prospects hard enough....
Am I to assume if you quit your job due to refusal to be vaccinated you will be allowed on the dole? Not much has been said about this upcoming quandary but I imagine they think they will be able too?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 12:18pm
Supafreak wrote:

Police opened fire on anti-lockdown protesters in the Dutch city of Rotterdam Friday ahead of demonstrations in several European cities against new Covid restrictions. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/police-netherlands-open-fire-covid-lo...

There will be a few on here cheering that news….assuming no convicted child rapists were shot. They cannot tolerate that kind of injustice.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 12:22pm
campbell wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

No jab no job https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-21/fears-covid-vaccine-mandate-to-le...

As if the neck tattoo doesnt make her employment prospects hard enough....
Am I to assume if you quit your job due to refusal to be vaccinated you will be allowed on the dole? Not much has been said about this upcoming quandary but I imagine they think they will be able too?

They will do that. The sooner the better.

It's the same as saying no kids at kindy unless they have had their shot.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 12:24pm
gragagan wrote:

A lot of these protesters would be the result of LNP education policies. We can all thank Howard, Abbott et al for the dumbing down of Australia. Every year it's like "lets cut funding for education, again. No one will ever notice..."

Responsibility to educate kids comes from the parents tbh. If kids are uneducated it's not the school or govts fault.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 12:45pm

Just had my 3rd shot. 2x AZ and now Pfizer.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 12:48pm

RK after a long teaching career I disagree. Parents have a basic responsibility but in terms of providing the skills and knowledge necessary to function in a complex society, schools are a hugely important factor.
One of the core problems is that with current resources and the conservative forces acting on them, schools can only do an adequate job by emphasising two undesirable characteristics; conformity and compliance. While most students are probably not seriously influenced by this, the ones at either end of the spectrum are. So we end up with a cohort willing, without question, to do exactly what is expected of them and another cohort who rebel against everything without any effort to analyse anything beyond their, frequently unenlightened, self interest. Schools need to loosen up their structures and let go.of the control of what, when and how students learn. This cannot be done with current funding, staffing or while one of the key expectations from parents and society more broadly is that they keep adolescents locked up for 6-7 hours a day on a rigid timetable.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 12:48pm
Roadkill wrote:

@roadkill , how many months since last AZ ?

Patrick0710's picture
Patrick0710's picture
Patrick0710 Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 12:49pm

Hey Indo Dreaming

When you say ‘more power and control to Dan’ what are you referring to?

Cheers.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 12:58pm
Supafreak wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

4 months since last AZ. I still have to get a booster in the future.

3 x shots gives me the same cover as most get from 2…I take immunosuppressant drugs so have to have 3 x and a booster.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 1:04pm
blindboy wrote:

RK after a long teaching career I disagree. Parents have a basic responsibility but in terms of providing the skills and knowledge necessary to function in a complex society, schools are a hugely important factor.
One of the core problems is that with current resources and the conservative forces acting on them, schools can only do an adequate job by emphasising two undesirable characteristics; conformity and compliance. While most students are probably not seriously influenced by this, the ones at either end of the spectrum are. So we end up with a cohort willing, without question, to do exactly what is expected of them and another cohort who rebel against everything without any effort to analyse anything beyond their, frequently unenlightened, self interest. Schools need to loosen up their structures and let go.of the control of what, when and how students learn. This cannot be done with current funding, staffing or while one of the key expectations from parents and society more broadly is that they keep adolescents locked up for 6-7 hours a day on a rigid timetable.

You will have more first hand knowledge than me, no doubt.
I still think parents hold the greater responsibility to teach skills and knowledge for their kids to function in society. Schools no doubt have a role but imo, it is the lesser role.
That said..kids with crappy parents will repeat the cycle unless some intervention occurs. More funding towards identifying this is probably warranted.
It must be depressing as a teacher to see the future you know some kids have.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 1:07pm
Roadkill wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

4 months since last AZ. I still have to get a booster in the future.

3 x shots gives me the same cover as most get from 2…I take immunosuppressant drugs so have to have 3 x and a booster.

Thanks for reply , a mate who had liver transplant a few years ago just got his 3rd Pfizer, he’s on a cocktail of drugs

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 1:21pm
Blowin wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

There will be a few on here cheering that news….assuming no convicted child rapists were shot. They cannot tolerate that kind of injustice.

I can only think of one person on here cheering when the cops when they open fire on rioters. Indo Dreaming would be stoked when he heard the news. He'd even consider 17 year old Dutch vigilantes squeezing off a few rounds from a military grade weapons a good thing too.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 1:42pm
Vic Local wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

I can only think of one person on here cheering when the cops when they open fire on rioters. Indo Dreaming would be stoked when he heard the news. He'd even consider 17 year old Dutch vigilantes squeezing off a few rounds from a military grade weapons a good thing too.

Stoked would be overdoing it, but it does seem it was justified.

"Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb told reporters about police officers "felt it necessary to draw their weapons to defend themselves" more than once after protesters tore through the city's central shopping district, setting fires in their wake."

People have the right to protest peacefully but once you start getting violent and smashing shit up and burning shit down and looting, it doesn't matter what the protest that turns to a riot is about, your asking to cop at least tear gas, rubber bullets and possibly more.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 1:44pm
Roadkill wrote:
gragagan wrote:

Responsibility to educate kids comes from the parents tbh. If kids are uneducated it's not the school or govts fault.

It's clearly just a dumb arse comment, especially seeing half the protesters had finished school by that era, but not surprising all his comments are trash.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 1:53pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
gragagan wrote:

It's clearly just a dumb arse comment, especially seeing half the protesters had finished school by that era, but not surprising all his comments are trash.

I’m guessing..you're in the….it’s a schools responsibility to educate my kids camp.

I guess it makes it easier to blame others when things go wrong. We are, wether we like it or not, a product of our upbringing.
BTW..my comment was about funding…not the age of the protestors. Who can we blame for your inability to clearly understand posts and what they are reflecting on?.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 1:53pm
Patrick0710 wrote:

Hey Indo Dreaming

When you say ‘more power and control to Dan’ what are you referring to?

Cheers.

Exactly that

Heres the major changes.

The major proposals include:

-Giving the premier the power to declare a pandemic
-Allowing that pandemic status to be extended for up to three months at a time without a maximum time period
-Providing the health minister the power to make pandemic orders
-Allowing for prison sentences of up to two years for people who knowingly breach a health order and cause serious health risks to another individual
-A person who fails to comply with a health order and knows that could cause a health risk to others can be fined up to $90,500, while businesses face fines of up to $452,500 for breaching the rules

Dan doesnt need more power, he is a power hungry nutter that cant be trusted, we had some of the strictest lockdowns in Australia and the longest lockdown in the world.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:02pm
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
gragagan wrote:

I’m guessing..you're in the….it’s a schools responsibility to educate my kids camp.

I guess it makes it easier to blame others when things go wrong. We are, wether we like it or not, a product of our upbringing.
BTW..my comment was about funding…not the age of the protestors. Who can we blame for your inability to clearly understand posts and what they are reflecting on?.

I wasn't talking about your comment, i was talking about this

"gragagan wrote:

It's just political tripe.

Half the people at these protest had already finished school and these protest have nothing to do with so called education of people.

Just because others share a different opinion to the protest doesnt make the protestors uneducated, they are people with different concerns.

And the concerns are quite reasonable, for over a year we have basically lived under a police state.

BTW. Im not in either camp, i think its both parent and school's responsibility to educate, and educate means a lot more than what you learn at school, some of the most educated people on paper, have little understanding of the world outside of their bubbles.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:02pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
gragagan wrote:

I wasn't talking about your comment, i was talking about this

"gragagan wrote:

It's just political tripe.

Half the people at these protest had already finished school and these protest have nothing to do with so called education of people.

Just because others share a different opinion to the protest doesnt make the protestors uneducated, they are people with different concerns.

And the concerns are quite reasonable, for over a year we have basically lived under a police state.

Ok..thanks for clarifying. Confusing to me..thus my reply. My bad.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:04pm

Indo, so a "police state" ? Do you ever stop to consider that such irresponsible and completely inaccurate language might have consequences (beyond the immediate impact of you losing all credibility in any reasonable discussion) such as inciting people to violence? Good luck with your quest for complete freedumb.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:05pm

“ Schools need to loosen up their structures and let go.of the control of what, when and how students learn.”

Agree to a certain extent but it would certainly be an interesting experiment.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:28pm
blindboy wrote:

Indo, so a "police state" ? Do you ever stop to consider that such irresponsible and completely inaccurate language might have consequences (beyond the immediate impact of you losing all credibility in any reasonable discussion) such as inciting people to violence? Good luck with your quest for complete freedumb.

"A police state describes a state where its government institutions exercise an extreme level of control over civil society and liberties. There is typically little or no distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive, and the deployment of internal security and police forces play a heightened role in governance. A police state is a characteristic of authoritarian, totalitarianism or illiberal regimes (contrary to a liberal democratic regime)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_state

During lockdowns, people lost their right to travel freely often restricted by a few kilometres, even in some cases lost the right to work, visit friends and family, even do activity's like fishing and golf.

Even from day one other states had far greater freedoms we had the heaviest restrictions.

There was cases where Dan barred media from because he didn't like the message they would send.

Just a few media examples:

"Thick blue line: Victoria builds the country’s biggest police force" (very recent article)

Victoria has become one of the most heavily policed states in Australia after a two decade-long law and order rivalry between the ALP and Coalition helped build the country’s largest law enforcement organisation.

The state’s war on crime has seen spending on police, courts and prisons grow at double or triple the rate of other states and territories over the past decade, with Victoria now arresting and jailing people at levels not seen since the 19th century."

more: https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/thick-blue-line-victoria-bui...

"Why I was right about Victoria's police state"
https://www.afr.com/politics/why-i-was-right-about-victoria-s-police-sta...

"Beyond the police state to COVID-safe: life after lockdown will need a novel approach"https://theconversation.com/beyond-the-police-state-to-covid-safe-life-a...

"The moments where Victoria looks like a police state https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/the-moments-where-victoria-loo...{

Reality is we have been living in a police state for over a year, hence the pushback from protestors.

Patrick0710's picture
Patrick0710's picture
Patrick0710 Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:25pm

Thanks Indo.

Who do you think should have the power to declare a pandemic? I've heard protestors say they believe the CHO, the Minister and the Premier would declare a pandemic even if there wasn't one.

And what do you think the punishment should be for breaching a public health order? I think it's currently about $20K.

Thanks.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:27pm

I just think things should be left as they are or at the very least not be rushed through like they are.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:39pm

Thanks for proving my point with the quotes from your links, Indo. Do you really believe that being the most heavily policed state in Australia puts Victoria in the same category as Myanmar, Belarus, Russia etc? In police states people get arrested and jailed without trial simply for dissenting from government policy.
Newspapers and web sites get shut down, political opponents of the government are banned from standing for election. Anything like that happened in Victoria lately? Or are you just spouting inflammatory bullshit?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:46pm

Hey Indo, do the other Premiers have similar powers to the ones Dan wants? Are there any checks and balances on the Vic. powers and how do the other States compare? Do you think the power should be in the hands of the un-elected CHO or the elected executive govt. to make public health orders?
Appreciate your input. Interesting discussion.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:46pm

Heres the major changes. Indo dreaming in lower case. My comments in CAPS.

The major proposals include:

-Giving the premier the power to declare a pandemic. CURRENT LAW ALLOWS PREMIER TO DECLARE STATE OF EMERGENCY GIVING CHO POWER TO IMPLEMENT RULES.SAME SAME JUST SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT.
-Allowing that pandemic status to be extended for up to three months at a time without a maximum time period. HOW IS THIS A PROBLEM WHEN A PANDEMIC IS HAPPENING?
-Providing the health minister the power to make pandemic orders. TAKING THAT ROLE AWAY FROM THE UNELECTED CHO. THIS IS WHAT THE MOB ACTUALLY WANTED
-Allowing for prison sentences of up to two years for people who knowingly breach a health order and cause serious health risks to another individual THIS RULE IS FOR THE BIGGEST ARSEHOLES IN THE COUNTRY. IE THOSE WHO HAVE A VIRUS AND KNOWINGLY BREACH LAWS SPREADING IT TO OTHERS WHICH RESULTS IN SERIOUS HEALTH RISKS (EG ICU VISITS AND UP TO DEATH). HOW IS THIS A PROBLEM?.
-A person who fails to comply with a health order and knows that could cause a health risk to others can be fined up to $90,500, while businesses face fines of up to $452,500 for breaching the rules. AGAIN, ANOTHER RULE FOR THE COMPLETE ARSEHOLES. IE FOR PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT ANYONE ELSE BUT THEMSELVES AND PUT OTHER PEOPLE IN DANGER. HOW IS THIS A PROBLEM?
So to sum up the things that ID is scared about, it's two fold. 1 elected politicians having more responsibility and accountability and 2 punishments for arseholes for their shithead behaviour.
The sky won't fall in when/if the bill passes. You won't even notice anything unless there's a pandemic.

Patrick0710's picture
Patrick0710's picture
Patrick0710 Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 2:49pm

Thanks Indo. It's interesting, leaving things as they are means leaving the powers in the hands of the CHO, which was a big part of the outrage. And now it's switched because some people think we were locked down not because of our Covid numbers but because Dan got some sort of kick out of it.

And considering the Bill has been drafted and redrafted for nearly a year, the comments about it being 'rushed' I find interesting as well.

Let's see what the Libs do. It's pretty easy to ride the outrage for political points but having promised to scrap it, what legislation are they going to create in its place, who will have the power, what will the fines be etc etc. Never a dull moment in Melbourne town!

Anyway, thanks for the chat. Hope you get a few wherever you are.

Cheers.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 3:08pm
brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 3:28pm

OK RK , how about an MP's daughter being attacked....Andy is a friend of mine and has helped us so much in fighting to stop development at Bells Beach.....he has got shit all the time happening to him and his family , as he's in the Animal Rights Justice Party....

Roadkill wrote:

More lovely stuff from the anti vaxers.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-21/qld-coronavirus-covid-yvette-dath...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 3:32pm

"Let's see what the Libs do. It's pretty easy to ride the outrage for political points but having promised to scrap it, what legislation are they going to create in its place, who will have the power, what will the fines be etc etc"
The Libs in Vic don't do solutions, they just do outrage. They sook when restrictions are introduced and sook when they are eased. They've undermined the public health message at every opportunity, and then they have the gaul to pretend their policies wouldn't have lethal consequences. In the last two years they haven't come up with a single positive idea to help fight Covid 19. not a single positive idea. Let that sink in folks. Riding the outrage train is all they've got. And given that their shit poll position keeps on getting worse, more and more Victorians think that Dan Andrews is a much better option than the bloke who dines with mobsters for donations.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm

Ah Roadkill stop falling for it!! It’s all bullshit to create division. Of course it was those dangerous ‘anti vaxxers’ Wake up you are under the media spell.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 4:01pm
shortenism wrote:

Ah Roadkill stop falling for it!! It’s all bullshit to create division. Of course it was those dangerous ‘anti vaxxers’ Wake up you are under the media spell.

bit disappointed you didn't tell Roadkill to do his own resurch and call him a sheeple.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 4:07pm

Article from October 2021 JERUSALEM — Israel on Sunday introduced new rules for determining coronavirus vaccination status, making a booster shot a requirement for full inoculation and vaccination passports.

After pioneering booster shots for everyone 12 and older, Israel is believed to be the first country to condition the validity of vaccination passports on having received a booster.

The country said it would soon cancel the vaccination passports of more than a million people, mainly those who are eligible for, but have not yet received, a third vaccination shot.

To be considered fully vaccinated in Israel people must meet one of the following criteria: be 12 or older and have received a booster shot at least a week ago; be within six months of having received a second vaccination shot; or be within six months of having tested positive for Covid-19. The booster shots are Pfizer vaccinations, by far the most commonly administered in Israel.

In Israel, a Green Pass — a digital or paper vaccination certificate — is required for entry to public spaces, including restaurants, hotels, clubs, cultural venues and large private gatherings. Unvaccinated people can only gain entry with a proof of a negative rapid test carried out at an authorized test station, which is valid for 24 hours, or a negative PCR test valid for 72 hours.

The change in policy came after Israeli health officials and experts identified a significant waning of immunity in people five or six months after their second Pfizer dose and after studies indicated the effectiveness of the booster shot in preventing severe disease as Israel battled a fourth wave brought on by the highly infectious Delta variant this summer.
There are signs that the fourth wave is being contained. The daily average of infections has dropped by about 54 percent over the last two weeks and the number of severe cases among the hospitalized is decreasing.

“Now is the time to be strict about the Green Pass, be cautious and not become complacent,” Prime Minister Naftali Bennett of Israel said late Saturday. An early advocate of the third dose, Mr. Bennett said it saved lives and allowed the economy to remain open. Israel initially led the world with its rapid vaccine rollout and, with a population of just over 9 million, is one of the most vaccinated societies. Since the government made boosters available in August, starting with older age groups, and quickly expanding to the younger ones, more than 3.4 million people have received a third dose. People who recovered from Covid-19 more than six months ago are now required to get at least one shot.

Demand for a third dose increased in recent days as the deadline for the validity of people’s vaccination passports approached. A rush of people trying to download a new Green Pass caused the Health Ministry’s phone application to crash temporarily on Sunday, so the ministry announced that expired Green Passes would remain valid for a few more days. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/03/world/israel-covid-booster.html Is this the way Australia will go come winter next year ? Will those not getting a booster be banned from work and venues ? Even though progress has been made in treatments will boosters become mandatory if cases rise ? I don’t expect anyone to have the answers to these questions. https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-first-time-since-september-key-covid-m...

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 4:05pm

Neil A. first man in the moon spelt backwards A lien. The little things in front of your face that go unnoticed.. Still reckon COVID ‘certificate of vaccination ID’ is batshit conspiracy? Hahaha it’s so obvious now it’s almost unbelievable...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 4:40pm
brutus wrote:

OK RK , how about an MP's daughter being attacked....Andy is a friend of mine and has helped us so much in fighting to stop development at Bells Beach.....he has got shit all the time happening to him and his family , as he's in the Animal Rights Justice Party....

Roadkill wrote:

More lovely stuff from the anti vaxers.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-21/qld-coronavirus-covid-yvette-dath...

2 sides to every story. Was Andy’s daughter defacing public property?

https://7news.com.au/politics/vic-mp-reveals-daughter-attacked-c-4618179

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 4:40pm

Boobytrap spelt backwards.

It is the little things.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 5:03pm

Btw Brutus, Violence is never the answer. No one ever deserves any form of violence or intimidation ever.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 5:16pm

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 5:29pm

Wild ei nez

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 5:41pm

Got to love a politician who stands by his words and principles.

Where do we find one?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 5:54pm

Nice find Fliplid,
Call me crazy, but this looks like Scumo is seriously chasing the anti-vax vote despite his pro vax agenda a few year back. It's like the PM has seen the same polling I know of, that says approximately 7% of the population is stridently anti-vax and it's a vote changer.
He's going to have to work that dog whistle pretty hard like that turd Dutton. The Spud managed to use the word "segregation" about half a dozen times in one interview. Did ya hear that one blowin and shortenism? Cause I picked up Dutton's little buzz word that should only be audible to the anti-vax nutters.