COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:08pm

I knew it roadkill is a cyclist..

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:09pm

You are so out of touch, judgemental and brain dead for a capitalist air b&b events guy. Pretty sure I know the type of "events" you participate in.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:12pm

I’ll be there with my family and extended brothers and sisters. Fk these tyrannical psychopaths!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:19pm

there'll be plenty to protest in 2 weeks if they want to, because your list is pathetic and dismissive, and far from exhaustive

you never get past labor talking points...

are you on the payroll?

are you a labor member?

not that it matters... just curious what could possibly produce such a sheltered, self centred, narrow minded view of the world...

"Some of you clowns might even get out the credit card and give the wife basher a few bucks so he can fight the next cause (one he doesn't give a flying fuck about) on your behalf."

never ever ever ever considered it... ever... but now considering how much of an issue you make of it... it might be a good investment...

nice work champ...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:18pm

"I knew it roadkill is a cyclist.."

haha... had to chuckle at that one...

anongst other things...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:26pm

"I’ll be there with my family and extended brothers and sisters. Fk these tyrannical psychopaths!"
Haaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaa.
Exactly like I said in the previous post. You're there for the social aspect hanging around with other unhinged cooked knobs. What will you be wearing shortenism: Fancy dress, Roman theme, or will you be going with the Aussie flag upside down or a Red Ensign?
I'm tipping you don't have the faintest idea why there's a need for a pandemic bill, what's in it, and what it, replaces,
But go ahead shortenism. You go girl. Join that rally. KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL.
After Meddick's daughter was bashed last night the middle ground has shifted so thoroughly. Scumo knows it, so he's come out with furrowed brow condemning the actions of the thug. Bit late Scumo, we all remember you saying you understand the mob's frustration yesterday.
KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL.

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:30pm

A Band Apart? Bande à part?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:37pm
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:38pm
Constance B Gibson wrote:

Sooooooo, Shortenism (cool name, brother...how'd you come up with it again?), id, Sepp, Fitzy, Burleigh, & Bloke-in will all be there!

Yew!

Wait...you are all actually in Melbourne, yes? Victoria, at least?

That could be a bit awkward. Half of them would be marching with the People's Front of Judea, while the others are under the Judean People's Front banner.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:44pm

Hutchy's not the mesiah, he's just a very naughty boy.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 7:07pm

Even Russell is onto it

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 7:22pm
Vic Local wrote:

"I’ll be there with my family and extended brothers and sisters. Fk these tyrannical psychopaths!"
Haaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaa.
Exactly like I said in the previous post. You're there for the social aspect hanging around with other unhinged cooked knobs. What will you be wearing shortenism: Fancy dress, Roman theme, or will you be going with the Aussie flag upside down or a Red Ensign?
I'm tipping you don't have the faintest idea why there's a need for a pandemic bill, what's in it, and what it, replaces,
But go ahead shortenism. You go girl. Join that rally. KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL KILL THE BILL.
After Meddick's daughter was bashed last night the middle ground has shifted so thoroughly. Scumo knows it, so he's come out with furrowed brow condemning the actions of the thug. Bit late Scumo, we all remember you saying you understand the mob's frustration yesterday.

Andy Meddicks daughter was not bashed. The police report is available for you to see. But to summarise. She was spray painting, got into an argument with someone, she threw the can first, then it got thrown back at her.

Youve been had again by political spinsters Vic. Time to hang up the boots son, youre looking like a fool.

Keep a look out for me a tomorrows protests.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 7:30pm

You forgot to mention the attacker was chasing her down the street and she needed to take refuge in a bar.
"Keep a look out for me a tomorrows protests."
What will you be wearing?" Please be a medieval suit of armour. Please be a medieval suit of armour. Please be a medieval suit of armour. KILL THE BILL (clang) KILL THE BILL (clang) KILL THE BILL (clang)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 7:35pm
burleigh wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

Haaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaa.

Andy Meddicks daughter was not bashed. The police report is available for you to see. But to summarise. She was spray painting, got into an argument with someone, she threw the can first, then it got thrown back at her.

Youve been had again by political spinsters Vic. Time to hang up the boots son, youre looking like a fool.

Keep a look out for me a tomorrows protests.

True that

"In a statement, Victoria Police confirmed they were investigating an incident in Fitzroy on Thursday night.

“Investigators have been told a 25-year-old woman was spray painting over a poster on Smith St when she was approached by an unknown man about 11pm,” police said.

“The pair had an argument before the woman threw the spray can towards the man as she attempted to leave the scene.

“The man followed the woman and threw the spray can, which struck her on the back of the head.

“The man left the scene as staff from a nearby venue rendered assistance to the woman before she attended hospital for treatment to minor injuries.”

The investigation is ongoing."

So obviously spray painting over an anti bill poster, she missed and he didnt.

BTW. God her father is a nutter.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 8:08pm

"Youve been had again by political spinsters Vic. Time to hang up the boots son, youre looking like a fool."

bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

how many times, can a guy who sees himself as some sort authority... on 'calling out bullshit' ...amongst a heap of other things... be wrong in a 48 hour period?

seriously vicvocal, you are breaking some amazing new ground...

it really is time to give it away... or call the record books...

don't waste such talent

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 8:11pm

I really am surprised some of your bretheran haven't told you to pull your head in...

you are a bloody embarrassment!

not to mention so so so counter-productive...

you're self destructing one man band clown show

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 8:19pm
sypkan wrote:

I really am surprised some of your bretheran haven't told you to pull your head in...

you are a bloody embarrassment!

not to mention so so so counter-productive...

you're self destructing one man band clown show

0681-B501-8-F22-469-B-98-AD-AEAE26045-E04

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 8:47pm

I put this up a few posts before but think it got lost in the banter . FDA wants 55 years to process FOIA request over vaccine data . https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-pr... Does the excuse of being understaffed really cut it ?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 8:56pm

Can I do a quick straw poll here blokes. I'm interested in what your ideal outcome for the pandemic bill is?
1. Kill it dead or
2. Change it so it still functions just with more safeguards?
3. And if you do want it buried, would you be happy with a government having no legal framework to deal with a pandemic.
4. If you want a legal framework what sort of oversight would you like?

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 9:11pm

But it should be a federal gov thing, applying to the whole of the country equally. It'll never happen though.
If it was implemented by Scomo, would the anti-vax protesters still be acting the same? Or is it just that the 'right' in Victoria don't like being told what to do by a Labor gov?

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 9:13pm

Kill it dead and bury it.

The Australian population has upheld its end of the bargain by getting sufficiently vaccinated.

It's now the government's turn to uphold its end of the bargain by giving us back our freedom and way of life.

There is not more need for any emergency powers. No more mandatory vaccination or controls or restrictions over unvaccinated people.

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 9:13pm

"Several key senators have called on the federal government to override state and territory mandates, with some threatening to withhold support for government legislation if the Prime Minister doesn’t step in."

“I didn’t sign up to play political games,” Senator Rennick said. “But I’m not going to have people being coerced into getting a vaccine.”

"Mr Morrison said on Thursday the government’s position was that vaccines should only be mandatory in “very specific circumstances."

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/a-hill-i-ll-die-on-senate-headac...

Not sure what to make of this but with getting on for 90% double vaxxed Senator Rennick and co. seem a bit slow off the mark to me. Scomo wriggling out of this one gonna be a good watch tho I guess. No talk of Senator Rennick's merry band blocking supply, but if it's a hill to die on?Who's the Governor General again?

Shame that article doesn't mention what power the Fed Govt would rely on to overide State Govt vaccine mandates.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 9:23pm

5. don't really give a shit... let the lawyers sort it out... the real issue is dan andrews totally corrupted government and its litany of fuck ups - which vicvical cannot get through his thick skull...

a litany of fuck ups despite having the most heavy handed approach in all of australia...

an absolute shambles

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 9:25pm

Nah not in Melbourne thank fk.! But if I was within VIC who wouldn’t be there! I’ll be in another state and ‘I hope you die in a nasty car crash Premier’ or ‘I’ll take a shot... Of vitamin D’ will be my to’s.. they may need some refining yet..

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 9:26pm

gragagan. I agree with you re more oversight but a Federal government declaring a pandemic right across the country simply wouldn't work. Let's say the next pandemic is a tropical thing. Tassie gets the same rules as Cairns. Problematic?
"Kill it dead and bury it:" gsco And what happens during the next pandemic or a potential fourth wave like the one Germany is experiencing? You're basically arguing for a situation where a government has no legal framework to implement public health initiatives during a pandemic. A government couldn't even insist infectious people isolate. Kinda big consequences there.
5. don't really give a shit. OK sypkan, so nothing sensible to say and certainly no solutions. Just anger. You'd go well at the rallies. Be amongst fellow travellers having a sook and not solving anything.

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 9:28pm

So what does the bill actually change? I'm in NSW so doesn't apply, but I'm pretty sure nsw gov has basically the same powers.
I'm assuming that if it doesn't go through, the gov can still call for lockdowns? This bill just lays down who is responsible for calling the lockdowns etc during a future pandemic? Which means it won't change anything about mask mandates, lockdown rules etc.

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 9:35pm
Vic Local wrote:

gragagan. I agree with you re more oversight but a Federal government declaring a pandemic right across the country simply wouldn't work. Let's say the next pandemic is a tropical thing. Tassie gets the same rules as Cairns. Problematic?
"Kill it dead and bury it:" gsco And what happens during the next pandemic or a potential fourth wave like the one Germany is experiencing? You're basically arguing for a situation where a government has no legal framework to implement public health initiatives during a pandemic. A government couldn't even insist infectious people isolate. Kinda big consequences there.
5. don't really give a shit. OK sypkan, so nothing sensible to say and certainly no solutions. Just anger. You'd go well at the rallies. Be amongst fellow travellers having a sook and not solving anything.

Isolated lockdowns for specific regions where covid is active / spreading. No need to lock down regions where there is zero cases; and lock down harder where it's actively spreading.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 9:47pm

These are good questions Vic but it’s bigger than the bill in vic.. We’re witnessing a complete meltdown of the political system as we know it on a global level. Never has there been more questions, more trust issues, more evidence of manipulation, more distraction and uncertainty.

It’s not just the pandemic that’s a fiasco, there are so many questions and not many answers. Look at Gladys.. she gets pulled mid conspiring shit fkery on the ppl of NSW for shit fkery on the ppl of NSW on an unrelated topic.. it’s systemic corruption just like Pfizer is systemic corruption.

Govt can’t accept donations, they can’t have career politicians it needs to be made of various layers of debate and resolution. I’m sure there’s been a 1000 PhDs on political systems and the ultimate model.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 9:58pm
gragagan wrote:

So what does the bill actually change? I'm in NSW so doesn't apply, but I'm pretty sure nsw gov has basically the same powers.
I'm assuming that if it doesn't go through, the gov can still call for lockdowns? This bill just lays down who is responsible for calling the lockdowns etc during a future pandemic? Which means it won't change anything about mask mandates, lockdown rules etc.

gragagan: The bill would replace the current state of emergency laws that have needed to be extended multiple times during this pandemic. Those laws expire in mid December and they allow the CHO to bring in laws like mask wearing, lockdowns, etc. The new laws put that decision with the premier and health minister and have more oversight provisions than NSW. If those laws do not pass parliament there would be no legal framework to implement public health measures during the remainder of this pandemic or the next. I think the govt could possibly invoke a state of disaster provision but that's the nuclear option.
The big difference between the two states is the NSW opposition and tabloid media in Sydney haven't whipped up the mob. In Victoria, ignorance and anger have been weaponised. Hence the mob in the street.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 10:02pm

"Isolated lockdowns for specific regions where covid is active / spreading. No need to lock down regions where there is zero cases; and lock down harder where it's actively spreading."
There's 2 huge problems with the Feds having the responsibility to declare a pandemic and introduce laws to combat it 1. It not consistent with the constitution (s51) and 2. the states would still need to implement the health and policing initiatives. There's no chain of command or funding arrangements to do that.

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 10:31pm

Fair enough. Agree with the mob being whipped up in vic too.
Also I reckon these 'mobs' would have to be the reason covid has spread in vic the way it has during lockdowns. Can't really see them following health protocols, or getting vaccinated, or being too keen on isolating and getting tested early if they start to show symptoms. To them that would be "obeying dictator dan"

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 10:47pm

You've got a lot right there gragagan. There's known clusters coming out of these protests, and it's a fair assumption plenty of unknown clusters too. That mob aren't into testing, mask wearing, care for their fellow citizens etc.
The Libs polling has collapsed in Victoria recently. 58:42. Just released. They got smashed last election and have gone back even further. They are a rabble and more and more people can spot it.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 11:34pm

mate Im not angry at all, I m just suffering pure disbelief at what viccos have had to put up with... and are willing to put up with...

I know you viccos have a conservative steak... (not politically) ... but geez...

". If those laws do not pass parliament there would be no legal framework to implement public health measures during the remainder of this pandemic or the next. I think the govt could possibly invoke a state of disaster provision but that's the nuclear option."

so big deal... if they don't pass it, its back to the old ones... which as you've seen on here, is perfectly reasonable, and even more desirable for most (normal) people...

"The big difference between the two states is the NSW opposition and tabloid media in Sydney haven't whipped up the mob. In Victoria, ignorance and anger have been weaponised. Hence the mob in the street."

dude, you've got to get out of that bubble, did you ever think for a minute its because nsw crew are generally happy with how it was all managed?

because despite a few stuff ups, ...your worst predictions and wishes... and way more laxed and balanced measures than vicco... things turned out alright... good even, they even came out of lockdown with some pretty good numbers and looking quite competent... despite your doomsday predictions and worst of wishes... meanwhile... vicco did exactly what you predicted nsw would do... (wrongly... again!!!... seriously... how do you do it?!) ...vicco opened up with numbers rising, and hospitals filling up... which according to you... is the sort of incompetent, uncaring, shitfuckery, only a nsw liberal government would possibly do....

you are fucking hilarious

truly are...

and back off on the vic labor talking points mate, ...aside from being the usual deflecting, blame shifting, woe always us, murdoch is the devil, labor excuses bullshit... its just incredibly tedious... and your repitition of them is painful...

and... it doesn't fix ANY of labor's many problems... across your state and federally... which is the real problem, and quite frustrating for some of us, who would love to be able to vote labor again...

it's also looking rather pathetic.. really rather pathetic... how many federal cycles are we into now, with the same lame excuses trotted out... again... and again... ?

its weak as piss

sorry, but that's how it comes across

just lettin you know... because Im actually here to help...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 11:35pm

"so big deal... if they don't pass, its back to the old ones... which as you've seen on here, is perfectly reasonable, and even more desirable for most people..."
OMG. It's only back to the old laws if they are extended and don't the LNP and the mob in the street hate those laws because the CHO too much power (according to them).
The LNP are a joke in Victoria. They've gone hard chasing the nutter vote and have lost the middle ground. 58:42 against a government which is in it's third term. ouch.
Their rank and file is filled with hard core religious fundamentalists, alt right nutters, and branch stackers. They went back to the bloke who got absolutely flogged at the last election, dined with organised crime figures to get donations, and their "rising star" got shit-faced and smashed his political career into a house.
About the only state the LNP isn't a rabble in is Tasmania. And then there's Scumo. The slogan bogan. The marketing guy who fucked up the vaccine rollout and didn't build any fit for purpose quarantine facilities. The guy Macron called a liar. The guy who cuddled up to Trump. The guy who never disciplines any of his corrupt politicians. The worst PM ever, even worse than Abbott.
God help us, if that corrupt phoney gets re-elected.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 2:14am

they you go... again!!!

back on the deflection, none of that changes the fact vicco labor are a joke

actually... quite a bit applies to vicco labor too!!!

I'll let you in on a little secret, SA lnp aren't really a 'rabble'... I thought they were worse than a rabble... appeared totally useless in opposition... but SA labor were there so long... and got so comfortable... the dodgyness seeped in... (sounds familiar...) ...and they got voted out... dickhead marshall and his band of incompetents were given a run because the stench was so bad elsewhere...

and you know what... to just about everyone's surprise... they've done alright... still couldn't clean up the perversions of families SA / DCP and some other dodgyness that labor left behind.. but still have done surprisingly alright...

maybe the same could happen in vicco... I dunno... i doubt it, your lnp opposition seems a special brand of below ordinary... but so did SA's!!

so don't be scared viccos... dandrews and co. basically need a bullett up the bum... I doubt it will happen... but it might not be all bad if it does...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 7:36am

I reckon there is a certain cohort in our community who a perennially angry (PA) about something.

It doesn’t matter what the issue is - Covid restrictions, political correctness, council bin collection night or the one issue that causes talkback radio switchboards to melt everytime it’s discussed: cyclists riding on the roads and, and they don’t even pay rego mate, fuck me I’m angry.

It used to be radio shock jocks had this chook feeding frenzy domain to themselves but laterally social media algorithms allow the PA to chase their confected grievances so far up their own arses it truly becomes the dark web. Witness some of the youtoob links that get posted here.

Crass politicians also like whipping up the PA for cynical electoral reasons these days adding to the burden us in the silent majority must carry ...... don’t get started mate about the fucking bikes on our roads, just don’t ....

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 8:39am

GS, nobody does moral panics to fire up the PAs like conservatives do.
A shock jock on 6PR in WA called Howard Sattler developed the template. He did this by massively exaggerating Aboriginal youth gangs in Perth. crime, crime, more crime. Ignore white people committing crime, it was only the aboriginals that were causing the problem. Sattler increased his audience and the sponsors to his show were car and home security companies. Ka-ching.
Those were pre-internet days, and Sattler's influence was limited to how far the radio signal would travel.
Today's moral panics typically come in two forms. 1. Issues so minor they barely rate a mention. eg inclusive toilet signs at the PMs office or gender studies at university. 2. Giant global conspiracies like the dreaded teaching of "critical Race Theory" or "the great replacement" or the Dan Andrews dictatorship. And don't get me started on his links with China on the Belt and Road. Both get kicked along online.
The thing about moral panics is they take the heat off conservative politicians who are corrupt as fuck.
When Dutton starts banging on about vaccine segregation on The Today Show, the Permanently Angry people scream about that instead of discussing how fucking corrupt the federal government is.
Moral panics: good for the bank balance. Good to keep people distracted.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 9:41am
gsco wrote:

Kill it dead and bury it.

The Australian population has upheld its end of the bargain by getting sufficiently vaccinated.

It's now the government's turn to uphold its end of the bargain by giving us back our freedom and way of life.

There is not more need for any emergency powers. No more mandatory vaccination or controls or restrictions over unvaccinated people.

Agree it's basically not needed.

Melbourne became the most lock downed city on earth without it and people want to provide more power and control to Dan?

You would have to have rocks in your head, if you want to live a life in a police state where everything is controlled by corrupt politicians like Dan, buy a one way ticket to North Korea.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 9:56am

more deflection

carry on... champs...

chumps...

leave you to it

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 9:48am

"Agree it's basically not needed."

exactly

and that's the top and bottom of the whole issue

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 9:56am

"It's basically not needed".
Wow.
So you'd rather have the current situation where the CHO makes the big decisions rather than an elected offical and the state of emergency gets extended on a month to month basis. This is the mob's timeline.
A month ago:. We don't want medical bureaucrats making big decisions, they should be done by elected representatives.
3 weeks ago: Dan Andrews introduces a bill that would curtail the power of the CHO and make elected politicians accountable for those decision.
2 Weeks ago: It's a power grab by Dictator Dan.
Today. We want the old rules where the CHO makes the decisions.
You blokes are so confused it's scary.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 10:03am

the tar / brush relatiinship continues...

as does the inability to listen / learn...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 10:08am

good at division though...

must be the maths skills

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 10:12am

No seriously sypkan, tell us exactly how governments would deal with the current and future pandemic if there's no legal framework to implement rules to protect public health.
Until the anti-pandemic bill mob can come up with a solution to this problem, they are nothing but a noisy bunch with no answers.
What's your solution mate, because from where I'm seated it looks like you're gunning for a situation where governments can't legally introduce public health measures during a pandemic. Have you thought about the consequences of that?
I'm listening, but all I'm hearing is blah blah blah, I don't like it.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 10:41am

"how governments would deal with the current...pandemic"

The current pandemic is coming to an end. Sure there's a "4th wave" in Europe but it appears that hospitalisation and death rates are only on a concerning increase again for the unvaccinated. Australia is well vaccinated. There's no more need for emergency powers, particularly more stronger powers. It is now one's own responsibility and decision to get vaccinated and one is accountable to oneself for this decision.

"how governments would deal with...future pandemics"

You seem to be implying that if something doesn't get railroaded and rushed in and passed immediately today then we will never ever ever be able to have provisions in place never ever ever again.

But there is no stopping future governments from drafting new emergency powers at a future date with the benefit of hindsight and a more sane environment and when doing so is not so on the nose of the Australian people.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 10:55am

"The current pandemic is coming to an end."
We hope that's true gsco but we don't know it's true.
When this pandemic hit, the only laws the government could rely on was state of emergency laws which kept on getting rolled over. Wouldn't it be better to have fit for purpose pandemic laws on the shelf with solid checks and balances ready to go just in case? Personally I reckon governments need to do more un-sexy prep work for emergencies eg order fire fighting planes. Shame the LNP and Murdoch have politicised everything re pandemic laws and got the PA set fired up.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 2:17pm

Father in law had the 2nd jab on Thursday. He’s currently fucked up and unable to get out of bed.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 2:23pm

The one man epidemic of adverse reations rolls on. FYI Stu asked yesterday that we leave family out of these discussions.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 2:38pm
blindboy wrote:

The one man epidemic of adverse reations rolls on. FYI Stu asked yesterday that we leave family out of these discussions.

Does that include your daughter ?