COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 10:43pm

Correction 180,000

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 10:54pm

Yeah Dan Andrew’s really looked after you didn’t he guine? Maybe he looked after you because you are ok with being jabbed by an experimental medicine but he certainly turned his back on anyone who wasn’t ok with it and that was 1000’s.

I’m sure many women say Weinstein really looked after the girls too but for some it was a fkn horror show. Jab me twice then once every 6 months and u can have your job? Sound familiar!?

If ya scared of COVID Dam Andrew’s might just be your hero. But for the rest of us who are looking at this thing sensibly he’s a psychopath that needs to be saved from himself..

I mean cmon if you have friends and one of them behaved like him, tell me you wouldn’t take him off line for a heart to heart?.

Calling these ppl dullards is a direct reflection on you my friend. Getting a bit bitter about the decisions you’ve made of late ei? And don’t start whinging about how busy you’ve been, you’ve had two years to sort ya shit out.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Sunday, 21 Nov 2021 at 11:13pm

Shortenism,

You're right I'm scared.
Not.

Every shift confident in my PPE. Confident in my infection control/hygiene procedures when dealing with COVID patients.
1x weekly saliva test
1x weekly Oronasal PCR

Negative as of 20/11.

Forever vigilant.

Never let my guard down at work.

"On"for an 8 hour shift, nil respite.

This is totally manageable (but super stressful).

Butt out the politicians.

Let the clinicians do their job.

And, if I said something to offend dullards then I humbly apologise. I should not discrimate on the basis of someones' dullardness or otherwise. I am respectful of all types of dullardness, in fact I see dullards as just like normal people.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 9:03am

A90-F1-BE6-89-E4-43-D3-BE47-B89-B6-C17074-D

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 10:32am

Monumental Crowd Control
Downunder surf site blogger laughably claims [ Kill the Bill ] Rally trumps WR Trump inauguration.


https://www.facebook.com/537746691/videos/617345182790205

Streetside Timelapse (Massive)
https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/videos-reveal-scale-of-me...

Well! It was Big enough to make o/s news ... NYT
https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/australia/100000008086651/australia-...

Worldwide
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23worldwidedemonstration

Does the Pandemic no favours for World's biggest liars to incessantly corrupt numbers...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 11:29am

Thank Christ this chicken shit Chunt didn’t have the final say. She wanted curfews and outdoor masks FFS. Lock her up!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/kerry-chant-urged-consistent-lockdow...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 11:42am

Funny how once the footage clearly reveals crowd numbers, the news websites feebly backpedal and revise their numbers. And no one says a thing. Never held accountable for the narrative they push. Also, eerily quiet on here this morning from the usual chest beaters.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 12:06pm

Just reposting this article posted by supafreak. Everyone should read it.

Supafreak wrote:

Excellent article by Australia’s Professor Robert Clancy https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/public-health/2021/10/we-cant-vaccinate-.... And the comments section worth reading also.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 12:32pm

Not excellent Rambling and misleading but hey if you want to waste half an hour of you life.....give it a go.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 12:37pm

OK….who to believe?

Blindboy
A bloke who taught high school kids how to light a Bunsen burner over and over for 30 years

Vs

Robert Clancy
The author is Emeritus Professor of Pathology at the University of Newcastle Medical School. He is a member of the Australian Academy of Science’s COVID-19 Expert Database

Whatever happened to respecting the opinions of experts?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 12:38pm

So blowin wants to lock up Chant because she wanted outdoor masks and curfews, and Andrews because he put everyone in "house arrest".
Do they get a court case Comrade blowin, or is it straight to the salt mines?
Do you have any idea how stupid you sound when you demand politicians and health officers be locked up? Fuck the jails are going to be busy because you'd need to add Gladys, Anna, Scotty, and virtually every single leader on the planet to the list.
Let me sum up your argument. The govment told me I couldn't do sumfink during a pandemic. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH. LOCK 'EM UP. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 12:45pm
blindboy wrote:

Not excellent Rambling and misleading but hey if you want to waste half an hour of you life.....give it a go.

Blindboy- Interesting that you dismiss the educated opinion of an expert on the topic. It reminds me of this post by a bloke called Cromwell* who frequented the Swellnet forums for a while ( taken from the Covid App thread started by Cromwell):

“Cromwell TUESDAY, 21 APR 2020 at 7:46PM
I'm not sure who to blame Indo all I know is that I am appalled at the sheer arrogance of those who refuse to accept that the vast majority of people behave with great integrity in their professional lives. We trust government agencies to install all sorts of infra-structure that badly done could cost lives and they overwhelmingly get it right. We trust doctors to deliver honest and reliable diagnoses. We trust our chilcdren into the care of teachers. Yet every smartarse with a keyboard is happy to cast offensive slurs in whatever direction they like without the slightest evidence. Those managing the app are professional scientists. Their integrity is more heavily scutinised than any other group. Obtaining grants or tenured positions is highly competitive and peer review is a chance for your competitors to find fault. One suggestion of falsified results and you will never be published or hold a position in the sciences again........but hey why not go with your fears or that random dude on Facebook with a (minimally) plausible load of bullshit. FFS people, if you haven't the wit or skills to to separate the bullshit from the truth maybe you should try harder.“

*Cromwell AKA Blindboy

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 12:52pm
Vic Local wrote:

So blowin wants to lock up Chant because she wanted outdoor masks and curfews, and Andrews because he put everyone in "house arrest".
Do they get a court case Comrade blowin, or is it straight to the salt mines?
Do you have any idea how stupid you sound when you demand politicians and health officers be locked up? Fuck the jails are going to be busy because you'd need to add Gladys, Anna, Scotty, and virtually every single leader on the planet to the list.
Let me sum up your argument. The govment told me I couldn't do sumfink during a pandemic. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH. LOCK 'EM UP. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

If I had my way VIC Local ,you’d be sharing a cell with a violently aggressive homosexual rapist in the vein of your mate Rosenbaum. No less than you deserve.

Then again….you don’t possess the basic sense to understand how an entire state being locked indoors for 23 hours per day over a period of 20 months could constitute Ana front to their civil liberties, so I don’t imagine you’d have the ability to realise that the enormous weight bearing down on you as you slept on your stomach and then stabbing pain you felt intruding into your back passage every night was in any way related to your cell mate’s proclivities.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 12:51pm

gotta ask. Is this you blowin?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:08pm
Blowin wrote:

OK….who to believe?

Blindboy
A bloke who taught high school kids how to light a Bunsen burner over and over for 30 years

Vs

Robert Clancy
The author is Emeritus Professor of Pathology at the University of Newcastle Medical School. He is a member of the Australian Academy of Science’s COVID-19 Expert Database

Whatever happened to respecting the opinions of experts?

This is classic hypocrite blowin...now he wants to listen to experts. All the other times when it didn't agree with his bias...it was wtf do expert know.

"Whatever happened to respecting the opinions of experts?"

I really don't think blowin knows just how often he confirms how fucking dumb he really is.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:00pm
san Guine wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/icu-is-full-of-the-unvacci...

You work at a hospital San Guine?

Do tell about all the hundreds of younger healthy people in ICU with covid.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:07pm

A snap poll taken during the Melbourne protest has confirmed, 5, is the average number of famiily and friends that have died from getting vaxxed. 8, is the number of fully vaxxed family and friends currently in ICU.

I see no reason to doubt these figures from the 700k people in attendance.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:18pm
Roadkill wrote:

A snap poll taken during the Melbourne protest has confirmed, 5, is the average number of famiily and friends that have died from getting vaxxed. 8, is the number of fully vaxxed family and friends currently in ICU.

I see no reason to doubt these figures from the 700k people in attendance.

Are you really looking for giggles by parodying those who’ve had loved one’s experience severe health episodes?

Is that who you are?

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:21pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

A snap poll taken during the Melbourne protest has confirmed, 5, is the average number of famiily and friends that have died from getting vaxxed. 8, is the number of fully vaxxed family and friends currently in ICU.

I see no reason to doubt these figures from the 700k people in attendance.

Are you really looking for giggles by parodying those who’ve had loved one’s experience severe health episodes?

Is that who you are?

Says the guy dreaming up prison rape scenarios for people.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:27pm
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:

OK….who to believe?

Blindboy
A bloke who taught high school kids how to light a Bunsen burner over and over for 30 years

Vs

Robert Clancy
The author is Emeritus Professor of Pathology at the University of Newcastle Medical School. He is a member of the Australian Academy of Science’s COVID-19 Expert Database

Whatever happened to respecting the opinions of experts?

This is classic hypocrite blowin...now he wants to listen to experts. All the other times when it didn't agree with his bias...it was wtf do expert know.

"Whatever happened to respecting the opinions of experts?"

I really don't think blowin knows just how often he confirms how fucking dumb he really is.

Well….it’s a high school science teacher directly claiming that a member of the Australian Academy of Science’s Covid 19 expert database on the topic of the Australian Covid 19 situation.

Hate me all you want for pointing out the ridiculousness of the situation but there’s not much else you can say about it. And that’s why Blindboy has gone running for cover ….because he’s stood up and proudly stated “ I, Blindboy the Porkchop, only truly hate two things in this life. The first is amateur gronks disputing expert testimony and the second is when one of the foremost experts in the land dares contradict the utter shit I’m constantly talking about his specific topic of expertise.”.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:31pm

Look the Robert Clancy video is really very useful. He explained in enormous boring detail some research he did many years ago on the immune system in the gut, fascinating stuff if you are that way inclined, then without any attempt at a link, states that a treatment for which there is no evidence is effective against covid. It is like a litmus test for those capable of critical thinking....and those who are unable or unwilling. It would be a useful teaching aid in year 7. Sad to see so many self proclaimed eggspurts failing such a simple test.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:31pm
Hiccups wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

A snap poll taken during the Melbourne protest has confirmed, 5, is the average number of famiily and friends that have died from getting vaxxed. 8, is the number of fully vaxxed family and friends currently in ICU.

I see no reason to doubt these figures from the 700k people in attendance.

Are you really looking for giggles by parodying those who’ve had loved one’s experience severe health episodes?

Is that who you are?

Says the guy dreaming up prison rape scenarios for people.

Yeah, nah. Joking about you getting served in prison isn’t in the same ballpark as routinely accusing others of lying about genuine health crises which occur to the direct relatives of posters. Then doubling down by constant parody of it all.

That’s Roadkill I guess. I’m sure he would have found it a hoot when strangers in the street made jokes about his wife’s cancer and claimed he was lying everytime he mentioned it. Then when someone suggests he should lay off he starts calling them a snowflake victim. That’s who he is….fine.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:35pm
blindboy wrote:

Look the Robert Clancy video is really very useful. He explained in enormous boring detail some research he did many years ago on the immune system in the gut, fascinating stuff if you are that way inclined, then without any attempt at a link, states that a treatment for which there is no evidence is effective against covid. It is like a litmus test for those capable of critical thinking....and those who are unable or unwilling. It would be a useful teaching aid in year 7. Sad to see so many self proclaimed eggspurts failing such a simple test.

Whoa…..did you just double down and claim the Australian Academy of Science’s Covid 19 expert doesn’t know what he’s talking about ……but you do?

!!!!!!

I’ve truly heard it all now.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:38pm
Blowin wrote:
Hiccups wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

A snap poll taken during the Melbourne protest has confirmed, 5, is the average number of famiily and friends that have died from getting vaxxed. 8, is the number of fully vaxxed family and friends currently in ICU.

I see no reason to doubt these figures from the 700k people in attendance.

Are you really looking for giggles by parodying those who’ve had loved one’s experience severe health episodes?

Is that who you are?

Says the guy dreaming up prison rape scenarios for people.

Yeah, nah. Joking about you getting served in prison isn’t in the same ballpark as routinely accusing others of lying about genuine health crises which occur to the direct relatives of posters. Then doubling down by constant parody of it all.

That’s Roadkill I guess. I’m sure he would have found it a hoot when strangers in the street made jokes about his wife’s cancer and claimed he was lying everytime he mentioned it. Then when someone suggests he should lay off he starts calling them a snowflake victim. That’s who he is….fine.

You are a snowflake blowin..you can give it but can't take it.
You wanted posters in this forum to die..you wished they died..so don't cry like a little bitch when you get it given back.
Sook

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:47pm

I suggested they could die after they’d taken the piss out of my mum’s medical emergency. If that’s who you are ….own it,

I thought you were a brave Lycra wearing MAMIL….King of the Road!

Surely owning up to being a disgraceful heartless shitbag who uses the life threatening misfortunes of others as weapons in your ideological crusade is a cake walk for someone like yourself?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:44pm

OK, getting nasty, it's time to follow the sage words of Sir John.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:45pm

Sir John retired more times than ……Blindboy.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:45pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

A snap poll taken during the Melbourne protest has confirmed, 5, is the average number of famiily and friends that have died from getting vaxxed. 8, is the number of fully vaxxed family and friends currently in ICU.

I see no reason to doubt these figures from the 700k people in attendance.

Are you really looking for giggles by parodying those who’ve had loved one’s experience severe health episodes?

Is that who you are?

I take the piss and parody the lies. I have sympathy for genuine cases...the anti vax crowd have hijacked genuine cases for there own selfish cause...the amount of lies told should be called out.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:47pm

Ignore Toots at your own peril:

 

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:49pm

Oh FFS blowin,
It's not blindboy vs Clancy.
Ivermectin has been seriously studied by TGAs across the world as a potential treatment for covid. There's been multiple trails and the drug has not been approved because there is insufficient evidence to show it's effective.
Clancy is very much in the minority and his ex-university says they don't recognise him as an expert in covid research.
It's not blindboy vs Clancy, it's the vast majority of experts vs a person who is not regarded as an expert in this field by his ex-university.
Your expert shopping is quite simply pathetic. Clancy has obviously easily convinced you, but he hasn't convinced the experts who have thoroughly looked at, and rejected, Ivermectin.
But I supposed you'll have a theory about some giant anti-ivermectin conspiracy at play here.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:57pm

Roadkill…That’s not what you do at all.

You repeatedly state that others are lying when they relate their personal stories. You call them bullshitters…..when they tell you about the severe medical emergencies their loved ones go through.

That’s not taking the piss and parodying lies. That’s consciously slandering and disputing the genuine catastrophes which other people have to live through. It’s literally no different from standing in the A and E at the hospital and heckling the relatives of car crash victims as they arrive by ambulance. The only difference is that you think that typing your hateful barrages is somehow different to yelling it out in person.

My Mum being in hospital for her vaccine reaction is as real and as serious as your wife’s cancer but you think you’re somehow exempt from any moral responsibility to be a halfway decent human being because you are one of the lucky people who doesn’t have friends or relatives who’ve suffered from such a serious medical situation. It’s fucked up. I’m not crying into my beer about it but it just makes me think you’re a crook style of person if you come out with shit like that and then double down when it’s obvious that you’ve made a cunt of yourself.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:54pm

Just because somebody is a “medical expert” doesn’t mean that their claims are infallible. Even within the medical establishment, there are disagreements and there are some “experts” who have gone rogue. For example, Dr Peter McCullough is one that comes to mind. It makes it difficult for the average layperson to navigate the competing discourses. Personally, I just trust in the judgement of the majority of medical experts.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 1:59pm

We should all place our trust in the judgement of retired high school science teachers who know “ a bit more than the basics about genetics”.

Lol

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 2:09pm
Blowin wrote:

That’s not what you do at all.

You repeatedly state that others are lying when they relate their personal stories. You call them bullshitters…..when they tell you about the severe medical emergencies their loved ones go through.

That’s not taking the piss and parodying lies. That’s consciously slandering and disputing the genuine catastrophes which other people have to live through. It’s literally no different from standing in the A and E at the hospital and heckling the relatives of car crash victims as they arrive by ambulance. The only difference is that you think that typing your hateful barrages is somehow different to yelling it out in person.

My Mum being in hospital for her vaccine reaction is as real and as serious as your wife’s cancer but you think you’re somehow exempt from any moral responsibility to be a halfway decent human being because you are one of the lucky people who doesn’t have friends or relatives who’ve suffered from such a serious medical situation. It’s fucked up. I’m not crying into my beer about it but it just makes me think you’re a crook style of person if you come out with shit like that and then double down when it’s obvious that you’ve made a cunt of yourself.

Blowin..the professional victim.

You give it..expect it back, you can't hack it blowin. Now your posts are whiny and looking for sympathy and excusing yourself of all your past gutter posts.
I bet you were the little tell tale tit at school...runs off to the teachers and points fingers at others whilst hiding behind the teachers dress.
The standard you carry is pretty obvious.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 2:12pm

"Personally, I just trust in the judgement of the majority of medical experts."
That's just crazy talk overthefalls. What you need to do is have a pre-conceived opinion and then go to google to find an expert who supports your desires.
Part of the equation is to completely ignore all the other expert opinions that don't support your opinions, or accuse those experts of pushing some grand conspiracy.
Oh and on a completely unrelated topic, hi blowin.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 2:13pm
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:

That’s not what you do at all.

You repeatedly state that others are lying when they relate their personal stories. You call them bullshitters…..when they tell you about the severe medical emergencies their loved ones go through.

That’s not taking the piss and parodying lies. That’s consciously slandering and disputing the genuine catastrophes which other people have to live through. It’s literally no different from standing in the A and E at the hospital and heckling the relatives of car crash victims as they arrive by ambulance. The only difference is that you think that typing your hateful barrages is somehow different to yelling it out in person.

My Mum being in hospital for her vaccine reaction is as real and as serious as your wife’s cancer but you think you’re somehow exempt from any moral responsibility to be a halfway decent human being because you are one of the lucky people who doesn’t have friends or relatives who’ve suffered from such a serious medical situation. It’s fucked up. I’m not crying into my beer about it but it just makes me think you’re a crook style of person if you come out with shit like that and then double down when it’s obvious that you’ve made a cunt of yourself.

Blowin..the professional victim.

You give it..expect it back, you can't hack it blowin. Now your posts are whiny and looking for sympathy and excusing yourself of all your past gutter posts.
I bet you were the little tell tale tit at school...runs off to the teachers and points fingers at others whilst hiding behind the teachers dress.
The standard you carry is pretty obvious.

Close but…..it was VIC Local whining and pointing the finger, Blindboy was the matronly school marm and you were the stains on the seat of his soiled underwear.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 2:14pm
Vic Local wrote:

"Personally, I just trust in the judgement of the majority of medical experts."
That's just crazy talk overthefalls. What you need to do is have a pre-conceived opinion and then go to google to find an expert who supports your desires.
Part of the equation is to completely ignore all the other expert opinions that don't support your opinions, or accuse those experts of pushing some grand conspiracy.
Oh and on a completely unrelated topic, hi blowin.

Get your own gags, bloke.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 3:16pm

so if your vaccine works, how come it doesn't work? https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tottie-goldsmith-chantoozies...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 3:19pm
burleigh wrote:

so if your vaccine works, how come it doesn't work? https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tottie-goldsmith-chantoozies...

I does work dopey. It's works very well but it's just not perfect. Only a complete idiot doesn't understand this.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 6:30pm

Given it's the health system overload forecaster, this was eyebrow-raising:

"All regional hospitals except one in Bunbury, south of Perth, are without intensive care units.
"Intensive care units in Perth are in 'bed state black' most of the time," Dr Duncan-Smith said."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/covid19-top-doctors-dire-virus-predict...

yeah I know, everybody's predictions... but that's a lotta WA without an ICU presence.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 6:34pm
overthefalls wrote:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/be-a-goddamn-bloody-adult-lambie...

Lambie at her best. When she was tearing strips off Hanson, you could see the red headed clown on the monitor with a shit eating grin.
Why she was smiling is anyone's guess.
5 LNP Senators crossed the floor to vote against consequences for anti-vaxxers. What a rabble.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 6:57pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

Given it's the health system overload forecaster, this was
"All regional hospitals except one in Bunbury, south of Perth, are without intensive care units.
"Intensive care units in Perth are in 'bed state black' most of the time," Dr Duncan-Smith said."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/covid19-top-doctors-dire-virus-predict...

yeah I know, everybody's predictions... but that's a lotta WA without an ICU presence.

Yeah, heard that too
VJ. Wouldn't want to get too sick out in the regions. Does this mean they just fly intensive care patients to Perth? Seems kind of arse about from a funding and health perspective.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 7:39pm

Blackers, we have family in the midwest, so that was the Plan if Vic went to shite. If we could get there. No ICU though, just heard Gero private hospital has stopped with baby delivery, babies going to Geraldton regional, too.
As far as corona goes, Fiona Stanley has the treatment centre? Thus an ICU for them? Another fam member has been through there recently and described it as at capacity, too. What we have here in Vic regions is actually really, really good. Great medical professionals. Andrew Love are legends.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 8:00pm

Second that re Andrew Love. Absolute saints the lot of them, from volunteers to oncologists. Much of my opinions on covid are formed by putting myself in the shoes of the Andrew Love staff. I had a mate doing chemo / radiology up on Melbourne during the first wave. Stressful for patients and medicos already doing a tough gig. That's why I have zero respect for anti-vaxxers or the let it rip mob.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 8:05pm
Blowin wrote:
san Guine wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/icu-is-full-of-the-unvacci...

You work at a hospital San Guine?

Do tell about all the hundreds of younger healthy people in ICU with covid.

Not hundreds but a quick snapshot as of 2 days ago (my last shift);

5 COVIDs in our COVID ICU, 4 unvaxxed, 1 double vaxxed (but immuno-comp) age range 30-75. Very sick patients. Lots of prone ventilation.
Compare with 10 patients in our clean ICU (which has to be physically separate).

20 other admitted COV patients. 18 unvaxxed, 2 with 1 dose, but with pre-existing co-morbidities. Age range skewed towards under 50's.
The O2 requirements of this cohort are quite astounding, would normally be in MET criteria (medical emergency) but we manage them with very low partial pressure of O2. They have nil exercise tolerance and nil reserve. Their gas excahnge is seriously impaired, with obvious scarring to the lung tissue evident on XR but definitive on CT

But on a good note, there has been a definite drop off in COVID admissions over last 2 weeks, we have been able to close 1 COVID Ward, FYI 85+% Victorians are double vaxxed.

And also, those unvaxxed not requiring a hospital admission, but unwell enough to attend our ED, are being given monoclonal antibodies (but ironically won't have a vaccine)

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 8:06pm

I salute you san Guine. I reckon you front line medicos deserve an amazing break.
Just wish there was some way of identifying you in the lineup. I'd happily give you set of the day.... and the next one as well.
Got a unique board?

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 8:21pm

Ahh so warm and fuzzy VL. Why don’t you reward the said front liners by standing them down for not complying with this ridiculous mandate, 2 years after they have worked through the peak of it unvaccinated with no worries.. Forcing ppl like San Guine to work tirelessly within an inch of his life and then we all need to hear about it!? Oh wait..

And I’d happily fade you on the set of the day VL. When it happens know it is me but we’ll still hi 5 after it and talk about the good old days:)