COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 9:15am

Vaccination provides short term protection from symptomic disease - 10 to 20 weeks. But, fortunately protection against severe disease remains much longer.

Vax not so great at limiting transmission - so messaging and policies based on that are weak - BUT is holding up well longer term in protecting population against severe disease.

Omicron protects against delta - not the other way around.

All of this is weirdly fortunate in acting to wind down the pandemic.

Better to get omicron sooner after vax than later.

Anti vax arguing is so yesterday.

99.5% of USA cases now omicron!

Our saviour.

All hail Omicron. Praise be.

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 9:15am
Roadkill wrote:
Meatloaf was anti vaxer, anti masker, anti science, anti public health. He mocked public health orders and used his platform to encourage others to ignore precautions.
Told a journalist, if I die, I die.
Covid 1. Meatloaf 0.[/quote

Using meatloaf as an example is idiotic.
If you can think just a little bit harder on your subject matter you just might realise you’re example is exactly the point what blowin, Burleigh have been trying to get across into your thick head

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 9:56am

Hey Alana_a
burleigh and blowin's main argument is ridiculous though. With or without meatloaf.
Nobody disagrees with their point about being young and healthy helps protect you from covid. That's obvious.
But it's equally obvious that getting vaccinated also helps protect you (and others around you) against covid. These muppets keep screaming "It's poison" and "It doesn't work" every fucking day thinking that repetition actually makes their bullshit truthful.
Until these clowns find a cure for old age and medical bad luck, they should be called out for their dangerous bullshit every single time they spread it.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 10:02am
Alana_a][quote=Roadkill wrote:

Meatloaf was anti vaxer, anti masker, anti science, anti public health. He mocked public health orders and used his platform to encourage others to ignore precautions.

If you can think just a little bit harder on your subject matter you just might realise you’re example is exactly the point what blowin, Burleigh have been trying to get across into your thick head

burleigh. “Fuck the Drs and Nurses, they choose the job, they should stop whinging and suck up.”

burleigh, “old fat people die anyhow.”

burleigh, “it’s a cult.”

burleigh is the last person capable of giving advice.

blowin..is the same level as burleigh.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 10:50am
Vic Local wrote:

Hey Alana_a
burleigh and blowin's main argument is ridiculous though. With or without meatloaf.
Nobody disagrees with their point about being young and healthy helps protect you from covid. That's obvious.
But it's equally obvious that getting vaccinated also helps protect you (and others around you) against covid. These muppets keep screaming "It's poison" and "It doesn't work" every fucking day thinking that repetition actually makes their bullshit truthful.
Until these clowns find a cure for old age and medical bad luck, they should be called out for their dangerous bullshit every single time they spread it.

Being vaccinated clearly is very limited in protecting yourself if at all (remember the CEO of Pfizer saying this) and it does NOT protect the people around you.
You lie, the misinformation you spread is dangerous

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 10:51am
Roadkill][quote=Alana_a wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

burleigh. “Fuck the Drs and Nurses, they choose the job, they should stop whinging and suck up.”

burleigh, “old fat people die anyhow.”

burleigh, “it’s a cult.”

burleigh is the last person capable of giving advice.

blowin..is the same level as burleigh.

Try harder Toadkill, it’s getting embarrassing

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 10:54am
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-omicron-new-variant-threatens-to-...

I’m sure you will have another injection for long covid very soon that doesn’t work Roadkill.
Will that make you feel safe if the premiers jam it down your throat everyday?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:16am

The NSW boss hog leading by example, you can see it in the kids eyes , where’s ya mask dipshit ? Shaking hands ?0-BBAA7-D0-16-F1-45-FB-9-B2-E-D38-E66-FB22-FD
image upload

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:21am

From reading comments on various social media sites , I’d say along with many nurses retiring early or leaving the sector for various reasons, many teachers are also taking this path, some simply taking a year off .

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:22am
Supafreak wrote:

The NSW boss hog leading by example, you can see it in the kids eyes , where’s ya mask dipshit ? Shaking hands ?0-BBAA7-D0-16-F1-45-FB-9-B2-E-D38-E66-FB22-FD
image upload

Such a bad look, you would think these idiots would be a bit smarter.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:31am

Victoria just mandated third dose for all teachers for a virus that is the equivalent of a 2 day cold.
Dictator dan is a fruitloop.

Say goodbye to more teachers you muppet.

Edit: also delivering children size surgical masks to every school and testing twice per week

Home schooling never looked so good.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:33am

"Being vaccinated clearly is very limited in protecting yourself if at all".
Whatever Burleigh, someone who got their degree in immunology from Youtube University.
So when millions of doctors and public health professionals around the world encourage vaccinations, they are clearly wrong and burleigh, the plucky little Queensland resurcher is correct.
Tell us Dr burleigh, what exactly is the point of the massive scheme to vaccinate everyone on the planet for? and why is there such overwhelming support from the medical profession for vaccinations. I'm due for a laugh.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:38am
Vic Local wrote:

Whatever Burleigh, someone who got their degree in immunology from Youtube University.
So when millions of doctors and public health professionals around the world encourage vaccinations, they are clearly wrong and burleigh, the plucky little Queensland resurcher is correct.
Tell us Dr burleigh, what exactly is the point of the massive scheme to vaccinate everyone on the planet for? and why is there such overwhelming support from the medical profession for vaccinations. I'm due for a laugh.

When the CEO of Pfizer publicly says that 2 jabs of his own vaccine does fuck all, you should probably listen to him.
But instead you listen to a power drunk premier that quotes the words “health advice” have you ever seen this “health advice”?

The data from Israel from the 4th dose should also be something you look at dopey.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:46am

Imagine the propaganda to vaccinate kids spread throughout the school and being implemented into learning.

How long until pepper pig or bluey gets a vaccination?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:47am
burleigh wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

When the CEO of Pfizer publicly says that 2 jabs of his own vaccine does fuck all, you should probably listen to him.
But instead you listen to a power drunk premier that quotes the words “health advice” have you ever seen this “health advice”?

The data from Israel from the 4th dose should also be something you look at dopey.

Just more "the vaccine isn't perfect so it's worthless" idiocy from you burleigh.
If you moronic anti-vaxxers had your way, nobody would be vaxxed and we all know how that would end up. Lots of overflowing cemeteries and tens of millions of excess deaths.
Give it a rest you idiot.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:50am
burleigh wrote:

Imagine the propaganda to vaccinate kids spread throughout the school and being implemented into learning.

That's a great idea burleigh. I think I will share that with the producers of Bluey and PP. Imagine an episode where bluey, bingo and the extended family all get jabbed.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 11:55am

Burleigh, you arrogantly accuse pro-vaxxers of belonging to a cult. Yes, it’s a huge cult that consists of the majority of the Australian population who are just trying to do the right thing. You have created somewhat of cult following yourself; loads of crew around my neck of the woods are now reading this thread every day, eagerly awaiting their next instalment of your hilarious drivel, especially your gross misreadings of statistics. You and Robo make a great comedy duo!

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 12:24pm
burleigh wrote:

Being vaccinated clearly is very limited in protecting yourself if at all (remember the CEO of Pfizer saying this) and it does NOT protect the people around you.
You lie, the misinformation you spread is dangerous

Not clear at all matey....well, maybe clear to someone without early highschool or above education?

Also, here's another classic example of anti vax parrots banging on using the same, misunderstood crap day in day out. All vaccines reduce your likihood of getting all symptoms - I.e. there's less chance of you being a sniffling, coughing, wheezing, sneezing mess. So, whilst the official advice is it doesn't entirely provide protection against transmission, a vaccinated person would be less likely to be highly symptomatic, than an anti vaxxer (read: idiot) who would be more likely coughing up a lung.

Guess what spreads high loads of airborne viruses - coughing and sneezing!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 12:33pm
burleigh wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

So when the ceo of pfizer publicly says 2 jabs of his own vaccine with a booster does work (you should probably listen to him)…according to your posted rationale, you do listen too him? Finally, you are getting it.
Or, you are cherry picking to suit a bias. I’m guessing, cherry picking.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 12:45pm
Roadkill wrote:

Anti vaxxers are naturally gifted cherry pickers. They can jumble together the most obscure list of facts, stories and imagination to suit their childish narratives.

It does take some creativity and blind commitment, got to hand them that.

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:04pm

What you criticize in others is often whats wrong with oneself .

The real Donald Trump's picture
The real Donald... Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:07pm
burleigh wrote:

sunday arvo clown world special just for you Burleigh...

oceans11's picture
oceans11's picture
oceans11 Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:11pm

From a different angle , Why is China the only country in the world pressing for zero-covid while the rest of the world is opening up? What do they know that the world's scientist's can't figure out?

The real Donald... Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:15pm

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:21pm
troppo dichotomy wrote:

What you criticize in others is often whats wrong with oneself .

Except for when criticising anti vaxxers, who consume the most deadshit, one sided, emotive and clearly manipulative media sources which do not consult or use qualified experts to back up their insanely wrong opinion pieces.

e.g. Burleigh who shares Reignite Democracy's instagram account. Instead of asking experts about what should be done differently to handle covid, they ask Pauline Hanson or Craig Kelly.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:23pm

As reported hospitalisation rate appears to have rolled over now to find out how fat the tail is.

covid-4
multi hosting

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:23pm
oceans11 wrote:

From a different angle , Why is China the only country in the world pressing for zero-covid while the rest of the world is opening up? What do they know that the world's scientist's can't figure out?

NZ was doing covid free until a few weeks ago….with omicron they have given up as the reality is, no country can keep it out forever.

China can push for covid zero, with a gun that they will use.

What do you think China knows that the world’s scientists can’t figure out?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:23pm

Hey BTW, anyone left on this thread who's NOT an anti vaxxer, might be best to just ignore the Trump fanboi/girl.

I mean, if they're being satirical fair enough....if not I think they may be mentally ill.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:35pm

Anyone want a free TV? Only one channel works and you have to bring it in for repairs every three months but we won’t fix the channels

The real Donald... Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:37pm

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:37pm
Stok wrote:

Hey BTW, anyone left on this thread who's NOT an anti vaxxer, might be best to just ignore the Trump fanboi/girl.

I mean, if they're being satirical fair enough....if not I think they may be mentally ill.

Should do the same with burleigh.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:49pm
overthefalls wrote:

Burleigh, you arrogantly accuse pro-vaxxers of belonging to a cult. Yes, it’s a huge cult that consists of the majority of the Australian population who are just trying to do the right thing. You have created somewhat of cult following yourself; loads of crew around my neck of the woods are now reading this thread every day, eagerly awaiting their next instalment of your hilarious drivel, especially your gross misreadings of statistics. You and Robo make a great comedy duo!

Majority of Australia who are just trying to do the right thing. Haha
Keeping your employment you mean? Or being able to go to the pub?

Your town sounds like a real hoot, must be heaps going on there

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:50pm

Hi gromfull how are you feeling now? What symptoms?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 1:56pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

So when the ceo of pfizer publicly says 2 jabs of his own vaccine with a booster does work (you should probably listen to him)…according to your posted rationale, you do listen too him? Finally, you are getting it.

More lies from the king of spin.

Where does he say that 3 works?

The real Donald... Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 2:11pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 2:25pm

The real Donald... Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 2:37pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 2:41pm
The real Donald... Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 2:48pm

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 3:08pm
burleigh wrote:
overthefalls wrote:

I don’t know anybody who was coerced into getting vaccinated. Everyone I know did it because they wanted to do it, not because they were scared or brainwashed; they were just being sensible and rational. I don’t even have a TV to watch the mainstream “propagandist” news that you so often deride. I just listen to people who actually know what they’re talking about, rather than trawling Instagram, Facebook, Bitchute, etc.

You’re right, Burleigh, there’s not much to do around here, especially when there’s no surf, so thanks for the gift that keeps on giving, i.e. daily laughs from the deranged commentary of a first-class dolt.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 3:52pm
overthefalls wrote:
burleigh wrote:
overthefalls wrote:

I don’t know anybody who was coerced into getting vaccinated. Everyone I know did it because they wanted to do it, not because they were scared or brainwashed; they were just being sensible and rational. I don’t even have a TV to watch the mainstream “propagandist” news that you so often deride. I just listen to people who actually know what they’re talking about, rather than trawling Instagram, Facebook, Bitchute, etc.

You’re right, Burleigh, there’s not much to do around here, especially when there’s no surf, so thanks for the gift that keeps on giving, i.e. daily laughs from the deranged commentary of a first-class dolt.

Did they want to do it to “protect the community”? If so then they were lied to.

But if you don’t ever want to question anything then that’s on you pin cushion

The real Donald... Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 3:55pm

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 4:17pm
burleigh wrote:
overthefalls wrote:
burleigh wrote:
overthefalls wrote:

Did they want to do it to “protect the community”? If so then they were lied to.

Nobody lied to me. Months ago, when my doctor discussed the vaccine with me, he plainly informed me that it would not stop me from getting covid, but it would protect me from severe illness. He was right; I tested positive for covid yesterday after experiencing very mild flu-like symptoms. Had I not got vaccinated, it could have been worse. I feel that I have done my bit to protect the community by staying out of the local hospital. Last time I was there I had to wait five hours to see a doctor.

I, like many others who are vaccinated, have asked many pertinent questions, but none of those questions have been answered by armchair medical experts.

No hard feelings, Burleigh; I have nothing against those who choose to not get vaccinated, but I do get annoyed when they ridicule those of us who do choose to get vaccinated.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 4:17pm

Good place to take your protest , BBC is home of the TNI

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 4:25pm
overthefalls wrote:
burleigh wrote:
overthefalls wrote:
burleigh wrote:
overthefalls wrote:

Nobody lied to me. Months ago, when my doctor discussed the vaccine with me, he plainly informed me that it would not stop me from getting covid, but it would protect me from severe illness. He was right; I tested positive for covid yesterday after experiencing very mild flu-like symptoms. Had I not got vaccinated, it could have been worse. I feel that I have done my bit to protect the community by staying out of the local hospital. Last time I was there I had to wait five hours to see a doctor.

I, like many others who are vaccinated, have asked many pertinent questions, but none of those questions have been answered by armchair medical experts.

No hard feelings, Burleigh; I have nothing against those who choose to not get vaccinated, but I do get annoyed when they ridicule those of us who do choose to get vaccinated.

Haha you’re assuming it has made you less sick, however it’s blind faith as you will never know.

Every unvaxxed person I know that has had covid also had mild flu like symptoms.

You have been brainwashed, no two ways about it.

But good on you for doing as your told. So obedient

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 4:27pm

So a month or two ago the anti-vax /anti lockdown nutters were screaming "Australia has fallen". Now they are saying the "Narrative is collapsing".
I'm wondering what their next three word bullshit slogan is going to be. It can't be something positive. These fucking nutters need to be the victim. It's got to invoke some kind of us against the world idiocy.
I'm going with "Democracy is crumbling" because the wackos will be lucky to get 3% of the vote, and when their lack of popular support becomes obvious, they will need an excuse to keep the grift going.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 4:28pm

So anyone know why the US government has decided that no more Corona Virus deaths are to be reported by hospitals as of February 2? Is it because the numbers aren't scary enough once you take out all the fake deaths??

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 4:36pm
bluediamond wrote:

So anyone know why the US government has decided that no more Corona Virus deaths are to be reported by hospitals as of February 2? Is it because the numbers aren't scary enough once you take out all the fake deaths??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Q5YVqJHz4

BD, I know you've had a few issues lately, so I'm saying this as nicely as possible. Go surfing. There's no joy heading down the road you are travelling. Take a break from this forum because it's not doing you any favours. Take care VL.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 4:39pm

No idea about Biden BD but as this recent photo of Boris shows , he does love a party. A81-D015-F-2296-4856-96-DE-1690138-F98-CE