COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 1:10pm

Rosa Klebb goes for the booster booster.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1485397125001539585

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 1:11pm
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/fourth-covid-vaccine-shot-fo...

The anti vax clowns often cite Israel...now it is not in favor of their bias, I'm guessing they no longer will look to Israel.

You do realise in the article that it states it being not very effective for omicron? Its a useless headline if it means nothing for the new strain. https://www.israel21c.org/israel-finds-4th-vaccine-dose-not-as-effective...

omicron, is 1 strain.
so it doesn't devalue it's worth.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 1:13pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

The problem with boosters is there effectiveness fade in a few months, so you have to keep getting boasters.

Does anyone really want to keep doing this for possibly the rest of their life's? (especially if younger and not even a high risk group)

And for those that have already had Omicron and barely got sick when only double vaxed is there really any point to get boosters?

Getting a vaccination once or twice is fine, but getting one every few months for god knows how long is very different thing..

Like it or not there is a lot of unknowns on the long term effect of booster after booster.

Personally id much rather get it when im forced too for travel etc, and then if im older and a higher risk group.

I don't think anyone wants to keep getting boosters, I don't.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 1:24pm

Neil deGrasse Tyson...

right wing nut job!!

rogan is dangerous giving conspiraxy theorist nuters like that a platform... and that is why rogan should be shut down!

blah blah blah...

you tube you tube you tube...

resurch...

idiot

stupid stupid stupid

rant rant some more...

degrasse is a white supremacist

(vicvocal take the afternoon off... we've got it covered)

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 1:23pm
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/fourth-covid-vaccine-shot-fo...

The anti vax clowns often cite Israel...now it is not in favor of their bias, I'm guessing they no longer will look to Israel.

You do realise in the article that it states it being not very effective for omicron? Its a useless headline if it means nothing for the new strain. https://www.israel21c.org/israel-finds-4th-vaccine-dose-not-as-effective...

omicron, is 1 strain.
so it doesn't devalue it's worth.

really?

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o108

“There is a general feeling among vaccine experts globally that we should wait, especially in the context of such a rapidly evolving omicron wave...."

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 1:39pm

"The problem with boosters is there effectiveness fade in a few months, so you have to keep getting boasters."

exactly, comes across as terriby desperate... and that's being as kind as possible...

"Does anyone really want to keep doing this for possibly the rest of their life's? (especially if younger and not even a high risk group)"

no, definitely not, and not only because of the the inconvenience and ridiculousness of the concept...

"And for those that have already had Omicron and barely got sick when only double vaxed is there really any point to get boosters?"

why would you? ...seriously?

"Getting a vaccination once or twice is fine, but getting one every few months for god knows how long is very different thing.."

yep, the vast vast majority are on board with sensible vaccines... but when you have to change the definition of a vaccine, and issue them 3-4 monthly to fulfill your agenda... people have a right to ask questions and push back... only the dumbest and most compromised of the public wouldn't...

"Like it or not there is a lot of unknowns on the long term effect of booster after booster."

huge unknown

most people know it makes no sense at all

it's a big pharma / desperate pollitician hamster wheel

that very more than likely does more harm than good...

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 1:41pm
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 1:45pm

2 hours ago Samantha Maiden dropped an almighty bucket of shit on Scumo and Co re their RATs bullshit. Anyone who votes for those LNP arseholes after this, simply isn't paying attention.
https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/leaked-whatsapp-messages-put-h...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 2:44pm

Surprise surprise, Morrison caught lying again......

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 2:49pm
andy-mac wrote:

Surprise surprise, Morrison caught lying again......

And it's not just a little white lie. This is a gigantic lie where he blames the people he's just fucked over for not ordering RATs.
What an absolute flog. Corrupt, incompetent, and a complete arsehole.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 2:56pm
Vic Local wrote:

2 hours ago Samantha Maiden dropped an almighty bucket of shit on Scumo and Co re their RATs bullshit. Anyone who votes for those LNP arseholes after this, simply isn't paying attention.
https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/leaked-whatsapp-messages-put-h...

That is the retailers fault...they had confirmed orders abd now won't supply outstanding orders.
How is that Morrisons fault?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 3:02pm
Vic Local wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Surprise surprise, Morrison caught lying again......

And it's not just a little white lie. This is a gigantic lie where he blames the people he's just fucked over for not ordering RATs.
What an absolute flog. Corrupt, incompetent, and a complete arsehole.

And that is being nice!!!!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 3:13pm
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/fourth-covid-vaccine-shot-fo...

The anti vax clowns often cite Israel...now it is not in favor of their bias, I'm guessing they no longer will look to Israel.

You do realise in the article that it states it being not very effective for omicron? Its a useless headline if it means nothing for the new strain. https://www.israel21c.org/israel-finds-4th-vaccine-dose-not-as-effective...

omicron, is 1 strain.
so it doesn't devalue it's worth.

Omicron is now the dominant strain world wide and will out compete all other strains, even new strains are most likely to develop from Omicron because to compete they need to be as contagious as Omicron.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 3:22pm
sypkan wrote:

"The problem with boosters is there effectiveness fade in a few months, so you have to keep getting boasters."

exactly, comes across as terriby desperate... and that's being as kind as possible...

"Does anyone really want to keep doing this for possibly the rest of their life's? (especially if younger and not even a high risk group)"

no, definitely not, and not only because of the the inconvenience and ridiculousness of the concept...

"And for those that have already had Omicron and barely got sick when only double vaxed is there really any point to get boosters?"

why would you? ...seriously?

"Getting a vaccination once or twice is fine, but getting one every few months for god knows how long is very different thing.."

yep, the vast vast majority are on board with sensible vaccines... but when you have to change the definition of a vaccine, and issue them 3-4 monthly to fulfill your agenda... people have a right to ask questions and push back... only the dumbest and most compromised of the public wouldn't...

"Like it or not there is a lot of unknowns on the long term effect of booster after booster."

huge unknown

most people know it makes no sense at all

it's a big pharma / desperate pollitician hamster wheel

that very more than likely does more harm than good...

It's hard to not be skeptical it's the perfect business model, the whole world is your market and you dont just sell the product once or twice, but sell it every few months with only a few competitors.

And then off course there is the new market for kids.

Even if they could develop a once in your life vaccine now, would they really want too?

It's quite scary.

You know they could make light globes last for 100 years even a hundred years ago, but to do so doesnt make very good business sense, so it's really not a stretch.

https://interestingengineering.com/everlasting-lightbulbs-exist-ed

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 3:27pm

Omicron isn't the sign of the end of this pandemic, contrary to what the anti vaxxers keep saying.

It has been shown to be more mild, but is wildy more infectious so in some ways has hit our health systems harder.

Omicron is also not the end of mutations, and there's no guarantee future variants will be more or less deadly, or continue to evade our vaccinations or previously acquired immunity.

It's not nearly as simple as the Swellnet brains trust of Burleigh, BD and Blowin keep bleating about. Listen to experts in the field, they'll know how to correctly interpret this information and provide you with the right level of details.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavir...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 3:57pm
Stok wrote:

Omicron isn't the sign of the end of this pandemic, contrary to what the anti vaxxers keep saying.

It has been shown to be more mild, but is wildy more infectious so in some ways has hit our health systems harder.

Omicron is also not the end of mutations, and there's no guarantee future variants will be more or less deadly, or continue to evade our vaccinations or previously acquired immunity.

It's not nearly as simple as the Swellnet brains trust of Burleigh, BD and Blowin keep bleating about. Listen to experts in the field, they'll know how to correctly interpret this information and provide you with the right level of details.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavir...

Sorry but its in NO WAY an anti vaxer view point to think Omicron is sign of the end of this pandemic or at least a positive sign of change from a pandemic to more of an endemic and something we can live with like many strains of the flue, it's a view shared by many experts in the field.

But off course not all experts agree, they rarely do especially when looking into the future..

Omicron is defiantly not the last variant and nobody can predict if future variants will be more or less deadly, but all future variants to be a real concern need to be able to spread as fast or at a faster rate to compete with Omicron.

Most expect its unlikely that a completely separate more deadly strain will pop up and that future strains are more likely to branch off from the Omicron strain, which has already happened BA.2 (opposed to Omicron which is BA.1) but so far doesn't seem too much different to Omicron.

Heres a good read on it from a decent source

"Omicron optimism and shift from pandemic to endemic"

"When discussing the pandemic’s end, several experts said it’s likely that Omicron’s high infectivity, coupled with vaccination and past infection, will result in some type of immunity to the virus becoming common around the globe. That could lead to a transition from the pandemic’s seemingly unending state of emergency to what will likely be a long, uncomfortable coexistence with SARS-CoV-2."

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2022/01/optimism-on-omicron-shift...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 3:59pm

Listening to the paid experts from all around the country sooking about people not taking up boosters is music to my ears.

The fine lining of trying to tell you your first two did fuck all and they knew it all along with purchasing enough jabs to vaccinate the Australian population 8 x over

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 4:12pm

So Novavax got approved. Hadn't seen that. Well that's good!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 4:11pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/fourth-covid-vaccine-shot-fo...

The anti vax clowns often cite Israel...now it is not in favor of their bias, I'm guessing they no longer will look to Israel.

You do realise in the article that it states it being not very effective for omicron? Its a useless headline if it means nothing for the new strain. https://www.israel21c.org/israel-finds-4th-vaccine-dose-not-as-effective...

omicron, is 1 strain.
so it doesn't devalue it's worth.

Omicron is now the dominant strain world wide and will out compete all other strains, even new strains are most likely to develop from Omicron because to compete they need to be as contagious as Omicron.

complete garbage, Dr indo-dreaming.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 4:18pm

Rubbish Stok

Anti vaxxers long held stance has been that this virus will be here forever and that these fast tracked vaccines with their semi shit efficacy ain’t worth it

You are the one in fairy land thinking this is not endemic

The day you admit this virus is here forever is the day you join them

I can’t believe the corner you’ve painted yourself into either...

Matilda0213's picture
Matilda0213's picture
Matilda0213 Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 4:52pm
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/fourth-covid-vaccine-shot-fo...

The anti vax clowns often cite Israel...now it is not in favor of their bias, I'm guessing they no longer will look to Israel.

You do realise in the article that it states it being not very effective for omicron? Its a useless headline if it means nothing for the new strain. https://www.israel21c.org/israel-finds-4th-vaccine-dose-not-as-effective...

omicron, is 1 strain.
so it doesn't devalue it's worth.

Omicron is now the dominant strain world wide and will out compete all other strains, even new strains are most likely to develop from Omicron because to compete they need to be as contagious as Omicron.

complete garbage, Dr indo-dreaming.

So you think everybody in Australia has Alpha or Delta?

The real Donald Trump's picture
The real Donald Trump's picture
The real Donald... Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 4:55pm
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/fourth-covid-vaccine-shot-fo...

The anti vax clowns often cite Israel...now it is not in favor of their bias, I'm guessing they no longer will look to Israel.

Thats what they said about the 3rd shot, and the second, and the first.

(Remember if you get vaccinated you won't catch covid.)

Turkey is lining up for the 5th shot. Or maybe that should be turkeys lining up for their 5th shot.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 4:55pm
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/fourth-covid-vaccine-shot-fo...

The anti vax clowns often cite Israel...now it is not in favor of their bias, I'm guessing they no longer will look to Israel.

You do realise in the article that it states it being not very effective for omicron? Its a useless headline if it means nothing for the new strain. https://www.israel21c.org/israel-finds-4th-vaccine-dose-not-as-effective...

omicron, is 1 strain.
so it doesn't devalue it's worth.

Omicron is now the dominant strain world wide and will out compete all other strains, even new strains are most likely to develop from Omicron because to compete they need to be as contagious as Omicron.

complete garbage, Dr indo-dreaming.

So you think everybody in Australia has Alpha or Delta?

I don’t know what everybody in Australia has. Do you?

The real Donald Trump's picture
The real Donald Trump's picture
The real Donald... Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 4:58pm

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:02pm
aaron61 wrote:

Rosa Klebb goes for the booster booster.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1485397125001539585

Fck it why don’t we all just hook up to a walking intravenous and just have it constantly pumped through our veins!!

Matilda0213's picture
Matilda0213's picture
Matilda0213 Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:07pm
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/fourth-covid-vaccine-shot-fo...

The anti vax clowns often cite Israel...now it is not in favor of their bias, I'm guessing they no longer will look to Israel.

You do realise in the article that it states it being not very effective for omicron? Its a useless headline if it means nothing for the new strain. https://www.israel21c.org/israel-finds-4th-vaccine-dose-not-as-effective...

omicron, is 1 strain.
so it doesn't devalue it's worth.

Omicron is now the dominant strain world wide and will out compete all other strains, even new strains are most likely to develop from Omicron because to compete they need to be as contagious as Omicron.

complete garbage, Dr indo-dreaming.

So you think everybody in Australia has Alpha or Delta?

I don’t know what everybody in Australia has. Do you?

Well I figured that would a given with the health professionals conceding it is a large majority of Omicron and a small percentage of Delta which is being out competed by Omicron.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:12pm

NZ prime minister making close contacts isolate for 24 days. Hahaha what experts though this through?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10430013/amp/Omicron-2022-Jacin...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:14pm
donweather wrote:
aaron61 wrote:

Rosa Klebb goes for the booster booster.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1485397125001539585

Fck it why don’t we all just hook up to a walking intravenous and just have it constantly pumped through our veins!!

This shit will continue until everyone says enough is enough. It was never going to stop at 2, just like it’s never going to stop at 3.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:36pm
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/fourth-covid-vaccine-shot-fo...

The anti vax clowns often cite Israel...now it is not in favor of their bias, I'm guessing they no longer will look to Israel.

You do realise in the article that it states it being not very effective for omicron? Its a useless headline if it means nothing for the new strain. https://www.israel21c.org/israel-finds-4th-vaccine-dose-not-as-effective...

omicron, is 1 strain.
so it doesn't devalue it's worth.

Omicron is now the dominant strain pretty much world wide and will out compete all other strains, even new strains are most likely to develop from Omicron because to compete they need to be as contagious as Omicron.

complete garbage, Dr indo-dreaming.

So you think everybody in Australia has Alpha or Delta?

I don’t know what everybody in Australia has. Do you?

Most countries that got Omicron in December are now at well over 95% Omicron cases, as you can see from this graph Omicron(pinky purple) is by far the most dominant variant, the tiny shade of lighter pink towards the top is the 2nd strain of Omicron. (green Delta, other colours variants of Wuhan strain)

Australia is said to have only 6% Delta now the rest is Omicron, USA now only 2% Delta, UK is now only 1% Delta.

I dont know if its 100% yet on if it will completely wipe Delta out, but i think most expect it will.

BTW. Don't bother apologising i wont take it personally.


https://covariants.org/per-country

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:30pm
shoredump wrote:

Rubbish Stok

Anti vaxxers long held stance has been that this virus will be here forever and that these fast tracked vaccines with their semi shit efficacy ain’t worth it

You are the one in fairy land thinking this is not endemic

The day you admit this virus is here forever is the day you join them

I can’t believe the corner you’ve painted yourself into either...

Yep it's here forever, but it's an innate skill of the anti vaxxer to believe that as long as they keep reminding themselves of how mild it is, they don't need to actually follow any health advice. They're collectively re-assuring themselves, constantly how mild Omicron is and how the experts are wrong, and how there's nothing to worry about. Life is great, our immune systems are built to tackle anything and all you have to do is put your faith in what they say on Bitchute.

Meanwhile there's storeis of an unvaccintaed pregnant woman being in a coma due to covid, leading to her delivering a stillborn baby.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:33pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Sorry but its in NO WAY an anti vaxer view point to think Omicron is sign of the end of this pandemic or at least a positive sign of change from a pandemic to more of an endemic and something we can live with like many strains of the flue, it's a view shared by many experts in the field.

yeah agreed, what I've seen is it's positive but cautious optimise is more appropriate, rather than 'fuck it, it's 'Omicold' now'

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:34pm

Stok, i'm curious as to what you consider an 'antivaxxer' to be and who on here is 'anti vax'?? You throw the term around liberally so would appreciate some clarification on it if that's possible??

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:44pm
bluediamond wrote:

Stok, i'm curious as to what you consider an 'antivaxxer' to be and who on here is 'anti vax'?? You throw the term around liberally so would appreciate some clarification on it if that's possible??

yeh, I'd like to know that too...

for an 'academic' he throws around some pretty dumb and simplistic arguments...

must be in economics

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:45pm

@indo , when I listened to the Doherty podcast the other day they were saying omicron is only 25% less virulent than delta. Other reports I’ve read from the UK said up to 80% less virulent. Again different scientists saying different things . At least they are saying its less even if they don’t agree on how much less . They were also saying in icu 60% was omicron and 40% delta . I was surprised at that until they explained that if you are in icu you have most likely been in hospital for a long time already so delta was still a bigger % say 3 weeks ago than what it is now .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 5:51pm
Roadkill wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

2 hours ago Samantha Maiden dropped an almighty bucket of shit on Scumo and Co re their RATs bullshit. Anyone who votes for those LNP arseholes after this, simply isn't paying attention.
https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/leaked-whatsapp-messages-put-h...

That is the retailers fault...they had confirmed orders abd now won't supply outstanding orders.
How is that Morrisons fault?

yep, i loathe to encourage roadkill, but this article is based on conjecture and gossip and nothing else...

from news.com. no less... 'biased' mr murdoch.... if roles were reversed, one eyed shouty man would reject it on that alone...

Im happy to be proven wrong, but atm, its just retailers ditching their clients orders to fill a bigger more lucrative order...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:04pm

@sypkan, same with Roadkill. I asked him the same, and got radio silence on that one too. If you're gonna categorise people, it'd be nice to understand your reasoning fellas.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:09pm

They don’t have a reason, only what their dictator premier has told them to think.

Good boys. Here’s a booster

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:11pm
bluediamond wrote:

@sypkan, same with Roadkill. I asked him the same, and got radio silence on that one too. If you're gonna categorise people, it'd be nice to understand your reasoning fellas.

I will never answer you, bd. You always demand someone answers you but never answer questions yourself. So go and get fucked. :)

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:16pm

Ouch Roady! I thought we were online friends.
I take that as a no. :-(

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:18pm
bluediamond wrote:

Ouch Roady! I thought we were online friends.
I take that as a no. :-(

You can take that as, I will offer and give you the same courtesy you give. Do unto others and all.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:19pm

I didn't think asking someone who constantly labelled people 'antivax' in a derogatory way what 'antivax' meant would be an issue.
Must have struck a nerve there!!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:20pm

Ahhhh i remember. Roadkill, ask him a question, he'll answer with a question!! Then when you don't answer his question on top of your question, he loses his shit. Righto mate.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:25pm

Hey BD, I would define an “anti-vaxxer” as someone who zealously criticises vaccinations and actively encourages others to adopt the same stance, especially by promoting dubious claims about the efficacy and safety of vaccinations. Just because you’re unvaccinated doesn’t mean you’re an “anti-vaxxer”; there are some people who decide not to get vaccinated and they just keep it to themselves. For obvious reasons, you don’t hear much about these people. For example, there are people who have had all of their routine childhood vaccinations, but decide that the covid vaccine is not for them. Unfortunately, the term “anti-vaxxer” is used quite loosely, which has resulted in the unfair stigmatisation of those who quietly make the personal and private decision to not get vaccinated. Personally, I think that if you are able to do so, then you should get vaccinated, but you shouldn’t have to do it. What irritates are the unvaccinated minority who ridicule the vaccinated majority and make false claims about vaccines. Live and let live, I say!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:24pm
Stok wrote:

Omicron isn't the sign of the end of this pandemic, contrary to what the anti vaxxers keep saying.

It has been shown to be more mild, but is wildy more infectious so in some ways has hit our health systems harder.

Omicron is also not the end of mutations, and there's no guarantee future variants will be more or less deadly, or continue to evade our vaccinations or previously acquired immunity.

It's not nearly as simple as the Swellnet brains trust of Burleigh, BD and Blowin keep bleating about. Listen to experts in the field, they'll know how to correctly interpret this information and provide you with the right level of details.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavir...

I admire your dedication to remaining a chickenshit softcock bloke. You stay strong….urrr, I mean….Stay weak bloke!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:28pm
overthefalls wrote:

Hey BD, I would define an “anti-vaxxer” as someone who zealously criticises vaccinations and actively encourages others to adopt the same stance, especially by promoting dubious claims about the efficacy and safety of vaccinations. Just because you’re unvaccinated doesn’t mean you’re an “anti-vaxxer”; there are some people who decide not to get vaccinated and they just keep it to themselves. For obvious reasons, you don’t hear much about these people. For example, there are people who have had all of their routine childhood vaccinations, but decide that the covid vaccine is not for them. Unfortunately, the term “anti-vaxxer” is used quite loosely, which has resulted in the unfair stigmatisation of those who quietly make the personal and private decision to not get vaccinated. Personally, I think that if you are able to do so, then you should get vaccinated, but you shouldn’t have to do it. What irritates are the unvaccinated minority who ridicule the vaccinated majority and make false claims about vaccines. Live and let live, I say!

A bloody great and respectful answer from someone who i genuinely enjoy reading their posts. Over the falls, i know we have differing opinions on vaccination, but i read your posts and i get information that makes me consider things differently. I can't remember you using the term 'antivaxxer' and if you do, it's sparingly and probably warranted.
Cheers for again for a reasoned response. This is the way forward. I'd think it would be best for some to think before they start throwing generalised and derogatory names at those they disagree with, considering especially, most of those are already vaccinated!! Cheers.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:32pm
The real Donald Trump wrote:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is fake news!

When I stated the above facts I was corrected by a shouty chickenshit who said that the individual’s natural bodily defences meant nothing and only being hyper vaccinated can save us all from drowning in a sea of covid faeces!

NSW Health should be canceled with Joe Rogan as they are undoubtedly both Trumpists and we’re probably first into the speaker’s chamber in the January 6 coup insurgency terrorist attack which was worse than that time the Challenger space shuttle crashed into the Pentagon and set off Fat Boy!!

gromfull's picture
gromfull's picture
gromfull Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:35pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Matilda0213 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/middle-east/fourth-covid-vaccine-shot-fo...

The anti vax clowns often cite Israel...now it is not in favor of their bias, I'm guessing they no longer will look to Israel.

You do realise in the article that it states it being not very effective for omicron? Its a useless headline if it means nothing for the new strain. https://www.israel21c.org/israel-finds-4th-vaccine-dose-not-as-effective...

omicron, is 1 strain.
so it doesn't devalue it's worth.

Omicron is now the dominant strain pretty much world wide and will out compete all other strains, even new strains are most likely to develop from Omicron because to compete they need to be as contagious as Omicron.

complete garbage, Dr indo-dreaming.

So you think everybody in Australia has Alpha or Delta?

I don’t know what everybody in Australia has. Do you?

Most countries that got Omicron in December are now at well over 95% Omicron cases, as you can see from this graph Omicron(pinky purple) is by far the most dominant variant, the tiny shade of lighter pink towards the top is the 2nd strain of Omicron. (green Delta, other colours variants of Wuhan strain)

Australia is said to have only 6% Delta now the rest is Omicron, USA now only 2% Delta, UK is now only 1% Delta.

I dont know if its 100% yet on if it will completely wipe Delta out, but i think most expect it will.

BTW. Don't bother apologising i wont take it personally.


https://covariants.org/per-country

only 1 problem with those stats, how does anyone know what variant they have, and how do we know they are telling the truth about what percentage of what variant is out there, because they certainly dont inform you of which variant you have tested positive too, they wont even tell your doctor, who i asked when i did test positive, second test still positive still no idea as to what dodgy shit i have. but fuck does it really matter.
lets go back to the more deadly strains before everyone was forced to have the jab, over 70% of people who tested positive had zero or mild symptoms, made a full recovery and moved on in life
so if 70% of people would have made a full recovery with those zero to mild symptoms then the vaccine was of no benefit, now those that are in the vulnerable group contract it, is the vaccine helping them, that to me is the only stat worth talking about because the majority of people will make a full recovery anyway.
Ive been saying that in my group for over a year, but we are forced coerced , belittled for stating the bloody obvious,

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:39pm

Yeah was wondering if i,we,us could have alpha,delta n omni all at the same time?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:40pm
Stok wrote:
shoredump wrote:

Rubbish Stok

Anti vaxxers long held stance has been that this virus will be here forever and that these fast tracked vaccines with their semi shit efficacy ain’t worth it

You are the one in fairy land thinking this is not endemic

The day you admit this virus is here forever is the day you join them

I can’t believe the corner you’ve painted yourself into either...

Yep it's here forever, but it's an innate skill of the anti vaxxer to believe that as long as they keep reminding themselves of how mild it is, they don't need to actually follow any health advice. They're collectively re-assuring themselves, constantly how mild Omicron is and how the experts are wrong, and how there's nothing to worry about. Life is great, our immune systems are built to tackle anything and all you have to do is put your faith in what they say on Bitchute.

Meanwhile there's storeis of an unvaccintaed pregnant woman being in a coma due to covid, leading to her delivering a stillborn baby.

Too true Stok!

You keep true to your hypothetical lab staged experimental outcomes and continue to ignore those shouty people with their “real world “ data which only accounts for the lived experience of potentially two million Australians and tens of millions of people around the world!

I’m placing complete trust in your textbook determination that the Omicold is a deadly killer which is lulling everyone into a false sense of security before it strikes like Jason the psychopath in the Hallowe’en movies!

You’re the only voice of reason bloke! Tell everyone how mild it isn’t!

You’ll have to speak up but bloke, I can’t hear you over the rustling tissue sound of millions of people having a light dose of the sniffles.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 6:57pm
Supafreak wrote:

@indo , when I listened to the Doherty podcast the other day they were saying omicron is only 25% less virulent than delta. Other reports I’ve read from the UK said up to 80% less virulent. Again different scientists saying different things . At least they are saying its less even if they don’t agree on how much less . They were also saying in icu 60% was omicron and 40% delta . I was surprised at that until they explained that if you are in icu you have most likely been in hospital for a long time already so delta was still a bigger % say 3 weeks ago than what it is now .

It's pretty clear it's way less severe just by the huge number of cases and the very low amount of deaths compared to cases and the average hospitalisation rate that averages much shorter than Delta.

In Australia you could say a lot of it is because of our high vax rate, but even when you look at South Africa with a very low vax rate(only 25% fully vaxed) the case's to deaths and hospitalisations are super low, much different to Delta wave that had a large number of deaths with a smaller wave.

I like visuals and now the wave is pretty much over in SA you can get a very good idea from the graphs and lets remember that the infection rate would be much much higher because of limited testing, deaths as we know would be lower if anything because a lot of people would have died with Covid rather than from it.