2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 3:30pm

Is this the kind of thing you are thinking of Guy?
8-BFE4-A33-96-BD-4-F3-C-9-A7-F-87-F334-A597-DD

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 3:41pm

https://m.

Canberra bubble...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 4:03pm
andy-mac wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aE2gnql0oJ8

Canberra bubble...

I got banned from commenting on articles in The Age for describing David Crowe (chief political reporter) chief political apologist for the corrupt Morrison govt about 6 months ago. Nothing he says isn’t already provided to him by Morrison’s spin doctors.

The Age which falsely claims to be fiercely independent on its masthead is just a shell of the world standard newspaper it once was. Infotainment at best.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 4:06pm
GuySmiley wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Canberra bubble...

I got banned from commenting on articles in The Age for describing David Crowe (chief political reporter) chief political apologist for the corrupt Morrison govt about 6 months ago. Nothing he says isn’t already provided to him by Morrison’s spin doctors.

The Age which falsely claims to be fiercely independent on its masthead is just a shell of the world standard newspaper it once was. Infotainment at best.

Yep, The Age and the SMH have joined in on The Tabloidisation Of Everything.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 4:22pm

I never pictured Syp like the comic book guy.

I kinda thought he'd be a good lookin' rooster ageing like a fine cognac.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 4:28pm
GuySmiley wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Canberra bubble...

Costello's 9 Entertainment group ..
Nuff said... ಠ_ಠ

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 4:46pm

Technically, I think a room full of mirrors is pitch black unlike the Hendrix track, just expressing a little frustration at sypkan’s comments that’s all nothing more nothing more ....
https://m.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:19pm
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
sypkan wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Disagree re Murdoch however, his papers along with Costello's 9 set the narrative....

for who?

I barely know anyone that reads or listens to this shit anymore... and those I know that do, consune it with 'oh bloody murdoch' eye...

yes there are the old boys and the conservative faithful, but these people will more than likely vote conservative anyway, hence murdoch's mythical 'influence' has no influence...

I'm not saying there is no influence at all, but it is the same conservative versus progressive influence game any country's politicians must work within...

the mythical murdoch influence is a self affirming prophecy pushed by those on the left because they are basically losing at everything, and have been for a decade or two... it's 9/10ths therapeutic - 1/10th influence...

and besides, as I said, every semi functioning democracy has media filling this role, the challenge is having good policy and politicians to win this fight, ...same as it ever was...

when the left reflexively resort to murdoch for every argument that isn't going their way, it just gives the impression of weakness and incompetence

good therapy for the party faithful... but it ain't winning any arguments...

or winning over any potential swinging voters...

it has the opposite effect...

Yep completely nailed it, reality is it's not 1981 its not 1991 or even 2001, its 2021.

Most people now don't rely on getting their news from news papers or TV, they get their news through all kinds of sources and these sources have never been more diverse than right now.

As we know a large number of people get their news online these days and if you want to get your news online via Murdoch press most sites you need to pay, and like Sypkan pointed out its the older people more likely to vote conservative that are going to subscribe to paywalled murdoch press or watch TV news anyway..

Im quite happy to consume Murdoch news, id much rather read the Australians take on something than the ABC's, but the reality is i consume ABC news because its free and also free of adverts etc

Anyway here is where Australians get their news online, again more diverse than ever and pretty evenly split between narratives.

The list you provided just strengthens my argument I believe.
The majority of sites are either Newscorp or 9 Entertainment. The pod cast I added makes clear how they set narrative that other news sites pick up.
Anyway agree to disagree.... ☮️

If thats what you're seeing then yep i think we definitely need to just agree to disagree.

Leave out international sites and ABC vast majority Newscorp and 9. And if you take the into account that ABC tends to report what is in print media, then case is strengthened.
Did you watch podcast which breaks down how this happens... ???

Okay lets look at the top 10, in the top six you have four left leaning media organisations that favour labor, ABC, SMH, The Age, The Guardian (roughly 222,000)

Then you have news.com & 9 news, 7 news im assuming you will think they favour LNP but god its a bit of stretch anyway, then AFR (roughly 187,000)

Daily mail UK & BBC are international media so not as relevant (one right one left)

Then you have a few Murdoch owed sites pretty much all paywalled mind you, Herald sun, The Australian, Perth daily, daily telegraph (all up about 38,000)

So currently looking at

Left=222,000
Right=225,000

Then you have

Some odd ones Finance Yahoo & The New Daily, not sure what way they lean?

at 18,19,20 you have three international news outlets, but all left leaning

Looks pretty even too me and pretty diverse too.

We have never ever had as diverse media landscape as now.

Personally i think the ABC is the most powerful media organisation in Australia and clearly leans left and favours Labor, biggest numbers online, decent TV numbers, and a huge radio network, more of concern is Triple J that is Australian wide and basically grooms teens to become lefties. (lets not even talk about the schooling system)

Kind of funny how you think ABC only rehash news stories though.

I tried to watch the Michael West thing, but honestly i can't stand him most of his stuff is pretty much fake news, he just plays to a narrative that he knows lefties will lap up, companies supposably not paying tax, Murdoch controlling everything, all that type of stuff.

If it was 1981 or 1991 or 2001 then you might have a point as it was only TV,Radio, Newspaper information was pretty limited a narrative much easier to control, but not these days.

And has the change in media diversity changed the political landscape?

No LNP have been in power from memory 8 years now, and the longest Labor run Hawk-Keating was in a time where media landscape was not very diverse and easily manipulated (i dont know who owned what back then, but just saying)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:24pm

BTW. I think people overstate the influence of media on people, the media and polls try to influence people but just look at Brexit, Trump. even Scomo being re-elected just to mention a few very big moments.

In all cases the media wanted to paint one narrative of what was going to happen and influence what was going to happen but got it totally wrong in all cases.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:30pm

. 5-AA8474-B-2-B84-4-F60-A4-D9-090-A88-DC3430

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:34pm

Ok, agree The Guardian could be classed as 'left' leaning. SMH and Age, no longer even close... ABC, maybe Laura Tingle but they seem to tow govt line in most things I think out of fear of further funding cuts. Open knowledge libs/ Murdoch want it privatised.
MW fake news regarding companies not paying tax??? Mmm ok.
Are you ok with multi nationals minimising/ eliminating their tax as they exploit out resources? So ok for big business to pay no tax while PAYE workers have to pay their required amount?
Hardly fake news, if was he would be sitting in court for defamation a long time ago..

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:35pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

BTW. I think people overstate the influence of media on people, the media and polls try to influence people but just look at Brexit, Trump. even Scomo being re-elected just to mention a few very big moments.

In all cases the media wanted to paint one narrative of what was going to happen and influence what was going to happen but got it totally wrong in all cases.

Yeah there's no proof that advertising or propaganda or anything like that works.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:35pm

Just watched scumo's press conference for 5 minutes. Now there's a bloke who packs absolutely no ideas, no commitments, no policies, and no plans into an endless, meaningless waffle. And yet he has perfected the art of making it sound like he's saying something really important.
If you think I'm wrong, turn down the sound and read the captions out loud. That man has absolutely nothing to say and uses thousands of words to say it!!

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:48pm
Vic Local wrote:

Just watched scumo's press conference for 5 minutes. Now there's a bloke who packs absolutely no ideas, no commitments, no policies, and no plans into an endless, meaningless waffle. And yet he has perfected the art of making it sound like he's saying something really important.
If you think I'm wrong, turn down the sound and read the captions out loud. That man has absolutely nothing to say and uses thousands of words to say it!!

I don't think too many would argue with you on that one VL. It would be one of the very few things I actually agree with you on.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 6:36pm

hehe , absolutely

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 6:54pm
tubeshooter wrote:

hehe , absolutely

Classic!!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 7:06pm

Yes we can all have a damn fine laugh at blowin and sypkan but their shit does have consequences. Cookers just torched old Parliament House and some Qanon fuckstick just murdered 5 in Colorado. It starts with online abuse and in some cases it ends up in violence.
blowin has threatened to bash people on this site. Maybe it's time the SN crew gave him another little holiday?

Oops wrong thread. disregard.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 7:17pm
Vic Local wrote:

Yes we can all have a damn fine laugh at blowin and sypkan but their shit does have consequences. Cookers just torched old Parliament House and some Qanon fuckstick just murdered 5 in Colorado. It starts with online abuse and in some cases it ends up in violence.
blowin has threatened to bash people on this site. Maybe it's time the SN crew gave him another little holiday?

so who was it that just torched old parliment house brains?

white supremacists?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:03pm
andy-mac wrote:

Ok, agree The Guardian could be classed as 'left' leaning. SMH and Age, no longer even close... ABC, maybe Laura Tingle but they seem to tow govt line in most things I think out of fear of further funding cuts. Open knowledge libs/ Murdoch want it privatised.
MW fake news regarding companies not paying tax??? Mmm ok.
Are you ok with multi nationals minimising/ eliminating their tax as they exploit out resources? So ok for big business to pay no tax while PAYE workers have to pay their required amount?
Hardly fake news, if was he would be sitting in court for defamation a long time ago..

We will never agree on what a news site/media company is i find it ridiculous that 9 or 7 are thought as of right leaning in any way or in favour of the LNP but I'm only labelling them as such because people like you think they are. (basically not worth arguing over)

So we have to take a neutral source like media bias check to make the call, unfortunately they don't list channel 7 or 9 but list.

The Age (left centre, but pretty far towards left) https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-age-australia/

SMH (left centre, but quite far towards centre)https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-sydney-morning-herald/

The whole companies not paying tax thing is misleading, it's way more complicated than people like Michael want to make out, most companies despite trying to reduce their tax pay huge amounts of tax and other payments and contribute billions to the economy, yeah sure there is years when some run at a loss so pay no tax or pay to much tax one year so dont need to pay the next etc.

It's not limited to Australia, happens everywhere Elon Musk for instance has been targeted by many on tax issues including high profile people, despite paying the most individual tax in history 12 billion.

You just can't keep some people happy you never will it's just life.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:04pm
sypkan wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

white supremacists?

given the note from the Sovereign Citizens movement on the Old Parliament House, I'd say it was the Sov Cits cookers.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:16pm
sypkan wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

white supremacists?

Far from it, seems it caught on fire from some indigenous traditional smoking ceremony near the doors from those tent embassy crew.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-30/act-protesters-set-old-parliament...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:35pm

Hey ID you might want to publish an apology to the First Nations activists who didn't have anything to do with the fire and condemned the actions of those who lit it..
https://www.smh.com.au/national/act/protesters-set-fire-to-old-parliamen...
This is about accountability champ. You can correct the record and apologise for the crap you've just posted or forever be known as a bullshit artist.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:41pm

hey VL you might want to look at those videos...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:42pm

bahahahahahaha

wrong

again....

how do you do it?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:53pm

Sure they are First Nation sov cit cookers in the vid, but that doesn't mean they were acting with the support of the tent embassy people (like ID said). The Tent Embassy people are seriously pissed at those cooked fuckwits who started the fire. Those are the facts.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 6:58am

Scooter lying again ..
The good Christian cannot help himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/31/covid-rapid-antig...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 9:19am

ha ha VL's reaction is complete Gold almost like someone doing satire of VL taking the piss.

I saw the SMH article hence how i came across the instagram post that clearly show's a planed event, and lots of other incriminating evidence, pretty much a shut and closed case other than if it was an accident or if there was some intent at all.

It's clearly all the same group and cause,, it's just a classic case of when shit goes wrong people want to distance themselves from things and start saying it's not us it's them, we weren't involved.

BTW. from the article, all class as per usual.

"However, Greens senator Lidia Thorpe, the party’s first Indigenous representative, tweeted in support, writing: “Seems like the colonial system is burning down. Happy New Year everyone. #AlwayswasAlwayswillBeAboriginalLand.”"

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 9:36am

Whatever ID. It's well known that the anti-vaxxers / sov cits have made big inroads into the indigenous communities. The reason for this is two fold. 1. Distrust of govt and 2. Penticostal fuckwit preachers filling vulnerable people's heads with absolute crap. Old Parliament House was plastered with sov-cit posters just before the fire.
The Tent Embassy distanced themselves from the fire in no uncertain terms. Lydia Thorpe is a liability for the Greens.
Those who started the fire are just anti-vax / sov cit scumbags. Just because they are the same colour as the tent embassy people, doesn't make them the same mob.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 9:50am

Okay now it's indigenous Anti vaxers and even somehow Pentecostals preachers, are they also far right white supremest???

Serious question do you think these things up yourself or do you get these other ideas from some obscure far left website?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 10:04am

Seriously ID, you can't be that stupid.
The anti-everything mob comes from a wide range of demographics and causes. White Nationalists have been actively recruiting for their cause within this mob. Penticostal preachers are known anti-vaxxers who believe God will protect them. Indigenous people are attracted to the anti-everything mob too. The wellness industry are onboard too. This doesn't mean all those attracted to these wacky causes share the exact same ideology. Fair dinkum mate, you're sounding a little unhinged.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 10:21am

Ha ha I'm sounding unhinged...god you cant be serious you are sounding like a conspiracy theorist nut case, trying to somehow link all these out there elements to things with zero evidence.

It's almost certainly exactly as it appears and all the evidence points too, a small group of Aboriginal activist got a bit carried away and shit caught on fire during a smoking ceremony. (ancient or intentional is unknown, although they did spray paint out security cameras which is a bit suss)

If you click on this instagram post that is clearly advertising the event you can see profiles of key people associated with it all tagged in the post, click on their profiles and check out their profiles, i can see zero Anti lockdown/Anti Vax type post they are all just post and narratives around indigenous issues mostly this issue as you would expect, the closest is one sign that says freedom but it seems to be in relation to freedom in an Indigenous sense their is even a video that take a closer look at the sign which is just held by some you indigenous kids other signs next to it is unity etc, on the same profile there is even a video filmed doing shit in the area we they have their tents set up.

I also dug a little deeper and looked at some of the people commenting post and still no anti vaxer type crowd.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 11:15am

Wow ID. So I’m the conspiracy theorist but the Sov cit nutters burning down the old Parliament House aren’t. Seriously mate. Have you started in the piss early?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 4:29pm

Where's the evidence they are into any conspiracy theories?

Where's the evidence they are anti vax/anti lockdown crowd????

You just like to label anyone who you don't agree with as this or that often with zero evidence to discredit people (as does the media)

None of the videos or social media accounts show they are into anti vax stuff or driven by anti vax stuff, it's all about Indigenous issues.

News now also showing it was clearly no accident.

And missed this video but seems they actually tried to do the same thing last week.

It's actually a little sad as Bruce jr has actually had a few decent out of the box things to say in the past like this video. https://www.facebook.com/BruceShillingsworthJnr/videos/199776827904785

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 4:25pm
Vic Local wrote:

The anti-everything mob comes from a wide range of demographics and causes. White Nationalists have been actively recruiting for their cause within this mob. Penticostal preachers are known anti-vaxxers who believe God will protect them. Indigenous people are attracted to the anti-everything mob too. The wellness industry are onboard too. This doesn't mean all those attracted to these wacky causes share the exact same ideology. Fair dinkum mate, you're sounding a little unhinged.

Good that you've finally acknowledged that not all of these protest mobs are "right wing" - you were pushing that one for a while.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 4:32pm
AndyM wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

Good that you've finally acknowledged that not all of these protest mobs are "right wing" - you were pushing that one for a while.

Rubbish AndyM.
I never said anything of the sort. A good proportion of the anti-everything mob are right wingers, but I never said all of them were.
What is clear is all the main string pullers are right wing opportunists like Monica Smit, Avi the Wife Basher, Craig Kelly, Bernie Finn, Pentecostal preachers etc. There's also a bunch of right wing fascists actively recruiting members for their shit cause at the protests.
Stop making shit up Andy M

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 4:42pm

Nah, you pushed for ages that all these anti-vax protesters were "right wing", even when people pointed out that the whole anti vax thing has long been a left thing and largely continues to be.
The way you suggest that there would be no protests without so-called right wing leaders is pretty silly.
Suits your narrative though.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 4:52pm

"the whole anti vax thing has long been a left thing and largely continues to be."
AndyM, that's blowin level bullshit right there. Sure there's a few mung-bean eating hippies at those rallies but that movement is being organised and funded by alt-right scumbags. there's a reason why no Labor or Green politicians are speaking at or supporting that mob at all. Meanwhile the speakers and organisers are all right wing scum. One Nation, Palmer, Kelly, Reclaim Australia, Yemini the wife basher, Sky News After Dark, Alan Jones etc etc etc.
Here's a little challenge for you champ. Name a left wing person who has spoken at, encouraged, funded, or supported the anti-everything mob, and I might take you seriously.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 4:59pm

I’m not talking about individuals at a rally, I’m talking about abroad long-term movement.
All the anti-vaxxers that I see are socially progressive wellness bozos.
They have been anti-vax protests of different sorts for a long time without any prompting by the right wing.
Not saying that the right wing aren’t jumping in and co-opting it at this late stage.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 5:13pm

"They have been anti-vax protests of different sorts for a long time without any prompting by the right wing."
This is true, Those protests typically involved a dozen or so complete muppets that were easily written off as anti-science cranks. The recent anti-everything mob are very much a product of the alt-right. It's organised by the right, funded by the nutter right, promoted on hard right wing media, and the rallies attract a very right wing crowd, including right wing fascists.. Yes there still may be a few die-hard dopey anti-vax hippies, but they are very small in numbers compared to the rest of the mob.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 5:23pm
AndyM wrote:

I’m not talking about individuals at a rally, I’m talking about abroad long-term movement.
They have been anti-vax protests of different sorts for a long time without any prompting by the right wing.
Not saying that the right wing aren’t jumping in and co-opting it at this late stage.

I'll say it. Most are right wing - didn't see the extreme left greens at the marches. Did see Clive Palmers united party with humpty craig Kelly dumpty, saw Pauline Hanson, Peta Credlin. Saw Fox news, Paul Murray, Alan Jones all throw their weight behind the anti vax protests. Just because a bunch of "patriots" go and buy and wear brand new high viz' shirts doesn't make them "left wing".

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 5:40pm

“ ... Sure there's a few mung-bean eating hippies ...”

Mmmm, mung beans

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 6:15pm

There is no doubt the anti vax movement traditionally has been a new age, wellness type thing, traditionally the realm of mostly misguided mothers that believe anything they read on facebook is true.

Since Covid hit it's impossible to categorise who is or isn't anti covid vax or anti lockdowns, anti mandates, anti whatever and it's all not black and white either many pro vax people are anti mandates or anti lockdowns or anti covid vax for children or whatever, there now really is 100 shades of grey especially when talking vaccine mandates or covid vax for children.

I will admit right wing media has taken ownership and fuelled a lot of these narratives and numbers of subscribers to Sky news and Avi etc have sky rocketed, but it's doesn't mean those people are Ant Vaxers often just anti lockdown, anti mandates etc

I mean Trump was big on pushing to get Covid vaccines created as fast as possible, it more the right arent so into having governments run their life's that's more a left thing (socialism and communism being the extreme) off course their is exceptions with anarchists types etc

Yeah sure a lot of those on the left aren't openly anti vax as they would become targets of being cancelled, but you can bet there is many and then there is people that identify as left wing and are openly against much of it, Joe Rogan & Russell Brand for instance and im sure that Aussie chef that surfs isn't right wing either.

And there was talk about anti vaxers in the Greens etc early on (paywalled but you get the idea)
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=TAWEB_WRE1...

Another article https://unherd.com/2021/03/the-dangerous-naivety-of-green-anti-vaxxers/

There is some examples of clearly left leaning people even in the forums that are very anti vax like Blue Diamond for instance.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 6:19pm

BTW. this deserves a seperate post, the big difference about being openly anti vax or anti lockdown or anti mandates for someone on the right and left be it famous or even just an everyday person is:

Right: You will be accepted for your view no matter pro vax or anti vax, or what ever mix of beliefs you have.

Left: You risk being cancelled especially if a politician or famous, even if you're an everyday person you risk being cancelled and judged and now even a stigma you are part of the right wing mob.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 6:19pm

Nice bland white bread post there info my reading of the protests is that it’s the permanent angry among us that are doing it ie men over 50 adverse to any change or reason

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 6:33pm
Sheepdog wrote:
AndyM wrote:

I'll say it. Most are right wing - didn't see the extreme left greens at the marches. Did see Clive Palmers united party with humpty craig Kelly dumpty, saw Pauline Hanson, Peta Credlin. Saw Fox news, Paul Murray, Alan Jones all throw their weight behind the anti vax protests. Just because a bunch of "patriots" go and buy and wear brand new high viz' shirts doesn't make them "left wing".

You and Vic can talk about selected individuals at a few rallies but I am talking about the overall concept that anti-vaxxers are right wing.
It’s just not true.
The maybe tens of thousands of anti-vaxxed in Northern New South Wales are definitely not right wing.

Again I accept that right wing elements have co-opted this issue.

Apart from that I actually got a warm and fuzzy tingly feeling when Vic and I almost agreed.
To hear the shrillness go out of his voice for a second was a beautiful thing.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 6:38pm

“Left: You risk being cancelled especially if a politician or famous, even if you're an everyday person you risk being cancelled and judged and now even a stigma you are part of the right wing mob”

All the anti-vaxxers I have seen (and there are thousands of them) couldn’t give a shit about being tarnished with the right wing brush.
They are too deeply invested in their ideology and too deeply committed to the tribe.
I think they find it extremely easy to distance themselves at least in their own heads from grogans like Pauline Hanson and Craig Kelly.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 6:39pm

There's a reason why lefties shun anti-vaxxers. We generally don't tolerate anti-science opinions that are dangerous to everyone's health. That type of selfish and profoundly stupid individualism is very much a right wing thing.
Being a fuckwit does have consequences. I'd suggest the left has less tolerance for arseholes who think their right to refuse a vaccine or not isolate when required, at the expense of other people, doesn't come with consequences.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 6:52pm
GuySmiley wrote:

Nice bland white bread post there info my reading of the protests is that it’s the permanent angry among us that are doing it ie men over 50 adverse to any change or reason

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/disaffected-and-mad-as-hell-p...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 6:58pm
GuySmiley wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/disaffected-and-mad-as-hell-p...

Yeah…nah.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 7:09pm
GuySmiley wrote:

You obviously missed the time-lapse videos ive shared of crowds at protest, one from Brisbane was mostly women if anything, i noticed the protest after the lockdowns ended were real mixed lots of younger people and people of all ages even skin colours, the latter anti lockdown legislation ones(like vid below) tend to be an older demographic i guess more political, but still pretty much an even split between men and women, and im not sure what right wing people are suppose to look like but they look like everyday people to me.