2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 10:04am

When govts are formed on swings of +/- 5% or less every Murdoch rag lie counts.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 10:38am
indo-dreaming wrote:
sypkan wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Disagree re Murdoch however, his papers along with Costello's 9 set the narrative....

for who?

I barely know anyone that reads or listens to this shit anymore... and those I know that do, consune it with 'oh bloody murdoch' eye...

yes there are the old boys and the conservative faithful, but these people will more than likely vote conservative anyway, hence murdoch's mythical 'influence' has no influence...

I'm not saying there is no influence at all, but it is the same conservative versus progressive influence game any country's politicians must work within...

the mythical murdoch influence is a self affirming prophecy pushed by those on the left because they are basically losing at everything, and have been for a decade or two... it's 9/10ths therapeutic - 1/10th influence...

and besides, as I said, every semi functioning democracy has media filling this role, the challenge is having good policy and politicians to win this fight, ...same as it ever was...

when the left reflexively resort to murdoch for every argument that isn't going their way, it just gives the impression of weakness and incompetence

good therapy for the party faithful... but it ain't winning any arguments...

or winning over any potential swinging voters...

it has the opposite effect...

Yep completely nailed it, reality is it's not 1981 its not 1991 or even 2001, its 2021.

Most people now don't rely on getting their news from news papers or TV, they get their news through all kinds of sources and these sources have never been more diverse than right now.

As we know a large number of people get their news online these days and if you want to get your news online via Murdoch press most sites you need to pay, and like Sypkan pointed out its the older people more likely to vote conservative that are going to subscribe to paywalled murdoch press or watch TV news anyway..

Im quite happy to consume Murdoch news, id much rather read the Australians take on something than the ABC's, but the reality is i consume ABC news because its free and also free of adverts etc

Anyway here is where Australians get their news online, again more diverse than ever and pretty evenly split between narratives.

well, Im pretty surprised abc.com tops that list... really surprised... by a significant 20% margin...

does that not give them significant power to shape the narrative?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 10:41am
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
sypkan wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Disagree re Murdoch however, his papers along with Costello's 9 set the narrative....

for who?

I barely know anyone that reads or listens to this shit anymore... and those I know that do, consune it with 'oh bloody murdoch' eye...

yes there are the old boys and the conservative faithful, but these people will more than likely vote conservative anyway, hence murdoch's mythical 'influence' has no influence...

I'm not saying there is no influence at all, but it is the same conservative versus progressive influence game any country's politicians must work within...

the mythical murdoch influence is a self affirming prophecy pushed by those on the left because they are basically losing at everything, and have been for a decade or two... it's 9/10ths therapeutic - 1/10th influence...

and besides, as I said, every semi functioning democracy has media filling this role, the challenge is having good policy and politicians to win this fight, ...same as it ever was...

when the left reflexively resort to murdoch for every argument that isn't going their way, it just gives the impression of weakness and incompetence

good therapy for the party faithful... but it ain't winning any arguments...

or winning over any potential swinging voters...

it has the opposite effect...

Yep completely nailed it, reality is it's not 1981 its not 1991 or even 2001, its 2021.

Most people now don't rely on getting their news from news papers or TV, they get their news through all kinds of sources and these sources have never been more diverse than right now.

As we know a large number of people get their news online these days and if you want to get your news online via Murdoch press most sites you need to pay, and like Sypkan pointed out its the older people more likely to vote conservative that are going to subscribe to paywalled murdoch press or watch TV news anyway..

Im quite happy to consume Murdoch news, id much rather read the Australians take on something than the ABC's, but the reality is i consume ABC news because its free and also free of adverts etc

Anyway here is where Australians get their news online, again more diverse than ever and pretty evenly split between narratives.

The list you provided just strengthens my argument I believe.
The majority of sites are either Newscorp or 9 Entertainment. The pod cast I added makes clear how they set narrative that other news sites pick up.
Anyway agree to disagree.... ☮️

If thats what you're seeing then yep i think we definitely need to just agree to disagree.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 10:44am
sypkan wrote:

well, Im pretty surprised abc.com tops that list... really surprised... by a significant 20% margin...

does that not give them significant power to shape the narrative?

Exactly what i was thinking, especially when you consider three different factors

-Online space
-Radio
-TV

Much of it all covers a large demographic too like Triple J for instance is very political and targets a younger audience.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 10:53am

..and didn't this work out well!

Screen-Shot-2021-12-30-at-10-49-44-am
how to check the screen size of desktop

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 10:58am

...and this turned out even worse.
Screen-Shot-2021-12-30-at-10-56-25-am

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 11:03am

Then there are all attack stories. If your family tragedy ever ends up on the front page of the Daily Scumraker, as mine did, you will find out how low Murdoch's pack of mongrels really are. There is political bullshit and influence and then there is parasitically feeding on those in deep grief, distorting the facts to suit their views and the publication of irrelevant personal details.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 11:05am

if you attribute tony abbott winning that election to a front page preaching to the converted, rather than the internal shitfuckery of the labor party at the time and a pretty pissed bunch of k rudd lovers...

well, there's no hope for you...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 11:13am
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
sypkan wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Disagree re Murdoch however, his papers along with Costello's 9 set the narrative....

for who?

I barely know anyone that reads or listens to this shit anymore... and those I know that do, consune it with 'oh bloody murdoch' eye...

yes there are the old boys and the conservative faithful, but these people will more than likely vote conservative anyway, hence murdoch's mythical 'influence' has no influence...

I'm not saying there is no influence at all, but it is the same conservative versus progressive influence game any country's politicians must work within...

the mythical murdoch influence is a self affirming prophecy pushed by those on the left because they are basically losing at everything, and have been for a decade or two... it's 9/10ths therapeutic - 1/10th influence...

and besides, as I said, every semi functioning democracy has media filling this role, the challenge is having good policy and politicians to win this fight, ...same as it ever was...

when the left reflexively resort to murdoch for every argument that isn't going their way, it just gives the impression of weakness and incompetence

good therapy for the party faithful... but it ain't winning any arguments...

or winning over any potential swinging voters...

it has the opposite effect...

Yep completely nailed it, reality is it's not 1981 its not 1991 or even 2001, its 2021.

Most people now don't rely on getting their news from news papers or TV, they get their news through all kinds of sources and these sources have never been more diverse than right now.

As we know a large number of people get their news online these days and if you want to get your news online via Murdoch press most sites you need to pay, and like Sypkan pointed out its the older people more likely to vote conservative that are going to subscribe to paywalled murdoch press or watch TV news anyway..

Im quite happy to consume Murdoch news, id much rather read the Australians take on something than the ABC's, but the reality is i consume ABC news because its free and also free of adverts etc

Anyway here is where Australians get their news online, again more diverse than ever and pretty evenly split between narratives.

The list you provided just strengthens my argument I believe.
The majority of sites are either Newscorp or 9 Entertainment. The pod cast I added makes clear how they set narrative that other news sites pick up.
Anyway agree to disagree.... ☮️

If thats what you're seeing then yep i think we definitely need to just agree to disagree.

Leave out international sites and ABC vast majority Newscorp and 9. And if you take the into account that ABC tends to report what is in print media, then case is strengthened.
Did you watch podcast which breaks down how this happens... ???

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 11:16am

Just as thick as ever then Syppy? The point is the complete bias. The link is below, see if you can find anything comparable supporting a Labor politician.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Australian+Daily+Telegraph+front+pages+of+poli...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 11:48am

interesting episode at the drum the other week, pretty much dedicated to the labor's new talking point... 'the liar from the shire'

complete with bernard keane and his new book about scott morrison, with lies, lies, lies, lies lies, etc. written all over the cover...

I forget thd rest of the guests, but it was the usual stacked drum panel, with one old chook ex liberal there - one assumes to give some balance...

anyway, from my perspective painting morrison as a liar should have been a walk in the park... a job that does itself... but that just didn't happen...

I mean morrison was portrayed as a liar, with a heap of examples... but one of their biggest gotcha moments - where morrison was supposedly blatantly lying about wanting to knock off turnball as leader - was just totally dismantled and disproven by the old chook liberal who was actually in the party room at the time

now, Im not meaning to play some tit for tat game here, but my point is, as was the crucial point made by old chook liberal... that media make all sorts of assumptions to fill in the gaps of what they cannot possibly know. and that gap flling is loaded with bias and agenda... that's political reporting... but both sides do it - as hard and and as feasable as they believe it can be possibly pushed...

as I said, for me proving morrison is 'the liar from the shire' should be easy... but that episode failed miserably... and I gotta say journalists have failed miserably generally to do so... they especially did that week (a few weeks ago) when labor and certain journalists were going hard to morrison's face with this theme. but when they confronted him, they seemed ill equipped with backup and good examples and just fell to pieces

now I know norrison is a shyster and a trickster with language, but I must say the journalists came off looking rather pathetic and inadequate that week, when they seemed to have nowhere to go after shamelessly confronting morrison with this term 'the liar from the shire'...

Im not saying that is not true, Im not really saying anything, other than both sides of politics play this perception shaping game hard...

and from what I can see, one side is either woefully inadequate at it... too chicken to play it hard... or too influenced by their own perception shaping to actually see what's going on...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 11:44am
blindboy wrote:

Just as thick as ever then Syppy? The point is the complete bias. The link is below, see if you can find anything comparable supporting a Labor politician.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Australian+Daily+Telegraph+front+pages+of+poli...

first post of the morning... and straight into the insults...

you, are fucking unbelievable!!!

fuckwit

an unbelievable unbelievably biased fuckwit...

your opinion on anything is essentially worthless

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 11:50am

You know nothing of the real dynamic. Murdoch couldn't give a rats about who is in power as long as they follow the most extreme version of neoliberalism. His agenda is to maximise profit and power for his organisation by minimising government regulation in any relevant area (just about everything). He has used that power over many decades to undermine efforts to address climate change and most other environmental issues, to reduce welfare benefits, to drive down wages, to destroy unions and remove the basic rights of workers.
Aaah poor syppy! Why not try getting your facts right making sense and writing coherently?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 11:59am
sypkan wrote:
blindboy wrote:

Just as thick as ever then Syppy? The point is the complete bias. The link is below, see if you can find anything comparable supporting a Labor politician.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Australian+Daily+Telegraph+front+pages+of+poli...

first post of the morning... and straight into the insults...

you, are fucking unbelievable!!!

fuckwit

an unbelievable unbelievably biased fuckwit...

your opinion on anything is essentially worthless

I wouldn’t take it to heart mate. He’s literally wrong about everything so it’s actually a big vote of confidence in someone if Blindboy thinks he’s smarter than them.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 12:01pm
blindboy wrote:

You know nothing of the real dynamic. Murdoch couldn't give a rats about who is in power as long as they follow the most extreme version of neoliberalism. His agenda is to maximise profit and power for his organisation by minimising government regulation in any relevant area (just about everything). He has used that power over many decades to undermine efforts to address climate change and most other environmental issues, to reduce welfare benefits, to drive down wages, to destroy unions and remove the basic rights of workers.
Aaah poor syppy! Why not try getting your facts right making sense and writing coherently?

that's all pretty obvious actually champ

as I have been saying, murdoch is just fufilling his role for his brand of politics...

you on the other hand... are just a twisted little man that deludes himself as some grand arbitrar of all truth...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 12:08pm
Blowin wrote:
sypkan wrote:
blindboy wrote:

Just as thick as ever then Syppy? The point is the complete bias. The link is below, see if you can find anything comparable supporting a Labor politician.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Australian+Daily+Telegraph+front+pages+of+poli...

first post of the morning... and straight into the insults...

you, are fucking unbelievable!!!

fuckwit

an unbelievable unbelievably biased fuckwit...

your opinion on anything is essentially worthless

I wouldn’t take it to heart mate. He’s literally wrong about everything so it’s actually a big vote of confidence in someone if Blindboy thinks he’s smarter than them.

yep, the grand arbitrar that is inherently wrong...

the grand weathervane of all things wrong

can't we use him for gambling or stock market or something?

such a wasted talent

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 12:09pm
Blowin wrote:
sypkan wrote:
blindboy wrote:

Just as thick as ever then Syppy? The point is the complete bias. The link is below, see if you can find anything comparable supporting a Labor politician.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Australian+Daily+Telegraph+front+pages+of+poli...

first post of the morning... and straight into the insults...

you, are fucking unbelievable!!!

fuckwit

an unbelievable unbelievably biased fuckwit...

your opinion on anything is essentially worthless

I wouldn’t take it to heart mate. He’s literally wrong about everything so it’s actually a big vote of confidence in someone if Blindboy thinks he’s smarter than them.

yep, the grand arbitrar that is inherently wrong...

the grand weathervane of all things wrong

can't we use him for gambling or stock market or something?

such a wasted talent

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 12:09pm
Blowin wrote:
sypkan wrote:
blindboy wrote:

Just as thick as ever then Syppy? The point is the complete bias. The link is below, see if you can find anything comparable supporting a Labor politician.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Australian+Daily+Telegraph+front+pages+of+poli...

first post of the morning... and straight into the insults...

you, are fucking unbelievable!!!

fuckwit

an unbelievable unbelievably biased fuckwit...

your opinion on anything is essentially worthless

I wouldn’t take it to heart mate. He’s literally wrong about everything so it’s actually a big vote of confidence in someone if Blindboy thinks he’s smarter than them.

yep, the grand arbitrar that is inherently wrong...

the grand weathervane of all things wrong

can't we use him for gambling or stock market or something?

such a wasted talent

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 12:10pm
Blowin wrote:
sypkan wrote:
blindboy wrote:

Just as thick as ever then Syppy? The point is the complete bias. The link is below, see if you can find anything comparable supporting a Labor politician.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Australian+Daily+Telegraph+front+pages+of+poli...

first post of the morning... and straight into the insults...

you, are fucking unbelievable!!!

fuckwit

an unbelievable unbelievably biased fuckwit...

your opinion on anything is essentially worthless

I wouldn’t take it to heart mate. He’s literally wrong about everything so it’s actually a big vote of confidence in someone if Blindboy thinks he’s smarter than them.

yep, the grand arbitrar that is inherently wrong...

the grand weathervane of all things wrong

can't we use him for gambling or stock market or something?

such a wasted talent

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 12:16pm

Five in a row syppy! Is that a record? I know you don't have much to say but posting the same thing four times is a bit sad.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 12:20pm

nah, what is sad... is that is all you have got...

computer malfunction

go hard deluded one

'winning'

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 12:44pm

Sypkan reporting from his room full of mirrors

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 3:30pm

Is this the kind of thing you are thinking of Guy?
8-BFE4-A33-96-BD-4-F3-C-9-A7-F-87-F334-A597-DD

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 3:41pm

https://m.

Canberra bubble...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 4:03pm
andy-mac wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aE2gnql0oJ8

Canberra bubble...

I got banned from commenting on articles in The Age for describing David Crowe (chief political reporter) chief political apologist for the corrupt Morrison govt about 6 months ago. Nothing he says isn’t already provided to him by Morrison’s spin doctors.

The Age which falsely claims to be fiercely independent on its masthead is just a shell of the world standard newspaper it once was. Infotainment at best.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 4:06pm
GuySmiley wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aE2gnql0oJ8

Canberra bubble...

I got banned from commenting on articles in The Age for describing David Crowe (chief political reporter) chief political apologist for the corrupt Morrison govt about 6 months ago. Nothing he says isn’t already provided to him by Morrison’s spin doctors.

The Age which falsely claims to be fiercely independent on its masthead is just a shell of the world standard newspaper it once was. Infotainment at best.

Yep, The Age and the SMH have joined in on The Tabloidisation Of Everything.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 4:22pm

I never pictured Syp like the comic book guy.

I kinda thought he'd be a good lookin' rooster ageing like a fine cognac.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 4:28pm
GuySmiley wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aE2gnql0oJ8

Canberra bubble...

I got banned from commenting on articles in The Age for describing David Crowe (chief political reporter) chief political apologist for the corrupt Morrison govt about 6 months ago. Nothing he says isn’t already provided to him by Morrison’s spin doctors.

The Age which falsely claims to be fiercely independent on its masthead is just a shell of the world standard newspaper it once was. Infotainment at best.

Costello's 9 Entertainment group ..
Nuff said... ಠ_ಠ

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 4:46pm

Technically, I think a room full of mirrors is pitch black unlike the Hendrix track, just expressing a little frustration at sypkan’s comments that’s all nothing more nothing more ....
https://m.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:19pm
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
sypkan wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Disagree re Murdoch however, his papers along with Costello's 9 set the narrative....

for who?

I barely know anyone that reads or listens to this shit anymore... and those I know that do, consune it with 'oh bloody murdoch' eye...

yes there are the old boys and the conservative faithful, but these people will more than likely vote conservative anyway, hence murdoch's mythical 'influence' has no influence...

I'm not saying there is no influence at all, but it is the same conservative versus progressive influence game any country's politicians must work within...

the mythical murdoch influence is a self affirming prophecy pushed by those on the left because they are basically losing at everything, and have been for a decade or two... it's 9/10ths therapeutic - 1/10th influence...

and besides, as I said, every semi functioning democracy has media filling this role, the challenge is having good policy and politicians to win this fight, ...same as it ever was...

when the left reflexively resort to murdoch for every argument that isn't going their way, it just gives the impression of weakness and incompetence

good therapy for the party faithful... but it ain't winning any arguments...

or winning over any potential swinging voters...

it has the opposite effect...

Yep completely nailed it, reality is it's not 1981 its not 1991 or even 2001, its 2021.

Most people now don't rely on getting their news from news papers or TV, they get their news through all kinds of sources and these sources have never been more diverse than right now.

As we know a large number of people get their news online these days and if you want to get your news online via Murdoch press most sites you need to pay, and like Sypkan pointed out its the older people more likely to vote conservative that are going to subscribe to paywalled murdoch press or watch TV news anyway..

Im quite happy to consume Murdoch news, id much rather read the Australians take on something than the ABC's, but the reality is i consume ABC news because its free and also free of adverts etc

Anyway here is where Australians get their news online, again more diverse than ever and pretty evenly split between narratives.

The list you provided just strengthens my argument I believe.
The majority of sites are either Newscorp or 9 Entertainment. The pod cast I added makes clear how they set narrative that other news sites pick up.
Anyway agree to disagree.... ☮️

If thats what you're seeing then yep i think we definitely need to just agree to disagree.

Leave out international sites and ABC vast majority Newscorp and 9. And if you take the into account that ABC tends to report what is in print media, then case is strengthened.
Did you watch podcast which breaks down how this happens... ???

Okay lets look at the top 10, in the top six you have four left leaning media organisations that favour labor, ABC, SMH, The Age, The Guardian (roughly 222,000)

Then you have news.com & 9 news, 7 news im assuming you will think they favour LNP but god its a bit of stretch anyway, then AFR (roughly 187,000)

Daily mail UK & BBC are international media so not as relevant (one right one left)

Then you have a few Murdoch owed sites pretty much all paywalled mind you, Herald sun, The Australian, Perth daily, daily telegraph (all up about 38,000)

So currently looking at

Left=222,000
Right=225,000

Then you have

Some odd ones Finance Yahoo & The New Daily, not sure what way they lean?

at 18,19,20 you have three international news outlets, but all left leaning

Looks pretty even too me and pretty diverse too.

We have never ever had as diverse media landscape as now.

Personally i think the ABC is the most powerful media organisation in Australia and clearly leans left and favours Labor, biggest numbers online, decent TV numbers, and a huge radio network, more of concern is Triple J that is Australian wide and basically grooms teens to become lefties. (lets not even talk about the schooling system)

Kind of funny how you think ABC only rehash news stories though.

I tried to watch the Michael West thing, but honestly i can't stand him most of his stuff is pretty much fake news, he just plays to a narrative that he knows lefties will lap up, companies supposably not paying tax, Murdoch controlling everything, all that type of stuff.

If it was 1981 or 1991 or 2001 then you might have a point as it was only TV,Radio, Newspaper information was pretty limited a narrative much easier to control, but not these days.

And has the change in media diversity changed the political landscape?

No LNP have been in power from memory 8 years now, and the longest Labor run Hawk-Keating was in a time where media landscape was not very diverse and easily manipulated (i dont know who owned what back then, but just saying)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:24pm

BTW. I think people overstate the influence of media on people, the media and polls try to influence people but just look at Brexit, Trump. even Scomo being re-elected just to mention a few very big moments.

In all cases the media wanted to paint one narrative of what was going to happen and influence what was going to happen but got it totally wrong in all cases.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:30pm

. 5-AA8474-B-2-B84-4-F60-A4-D9-090-A88-DC3430

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:34pm

Ok, agree The Guardian could be classed as 'left' leaning. SMH and Age, no longer even close... ABC, maybe Laura Tingle but they seem to tow govt line in most things I think out of fear of further funding cuts. Open knowledge libs/ Murdoch want it privatised.
MW fake news regarding companies not paying tax??? Mmm ok.
Are you ok with multi nationals minimising/ eliminating their tax as they exploit out resources? So ok for big business to pay no tax while PAYE workers have to pay their required amount?
Hardly fake news, if was he would be sitting in court for defamation a long time ago..

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:35pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

BTW. I think people overstate the influence of media on people, the media and polls try to influence people but just look at Brexit, Trump. even Scomo being re-elected just to mention a few very big moments.

In all cases the media wanted to paint one narrative of what was going to happen and influence what was going to happen but got it totally wrong in all cases.

Yeah there's no proof that advertising or propaganda or anything like that works.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:35pm

Just watched scumo's press conference for 5 minutes. Now there's a bloke who packs absolutely no ideas, no commitments, no policies, and no plans into an endless, meaningless waffle. And yet he has perfected the art of making it sound like he's saying something really important.
If you think I'm wrong, turn down the sound and read the captions out loud. That man has absolutely nothing to say and uses thousands of words to say it!!

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 5:48pm
Vic Local wrote:

Just watched scumo's press conference for 5 minutes. Now there's a bloke who packs absolutely no ideas, no commitments, no policies, and no plans into an endless, meaningless waffle. And yet he has perfected the art of making it sound like he's saying something really important.
If you think I'm wrong, turn down the sound and read the captions out loud. That man has absolutely nothing to say and uses thousands of words to say it!!

I don't think too many would argue with you on that one VL. It would be one of the very few things I actually agree with you on.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 6:36pm

hehe , absolutely

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 6:54pm
tubeshooter wrote:

hehe , absolutely

Classic!!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 7:06pm

Yes we can all have a damn fine laugh at blowin and sypkan but their shit does have consequences. Cookers just torched old Parliament House and some Qanon fuckstick just murdered 5 in Colorado. It starts with online abuse and in some cases it ends up in violence.
blowin has threatened to bash people on this site. Maybe it's time the SN crew gave him another little holiday?

Oops wrong thread. disregard.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 7:17pm
Vic Local wrote:

Yes we can all have a damn fine laugh at blowin and sypkan but their shit does have consequences. Cookers just torched old Parliament House and some Qanon fuckstick just murdered 5 in Colorado. It starts with online abuse and in some cases it ends up in violence.
blowin has threatened to bash people on this site. Maybe it's time the SN crew gave him another little holiday?

Oops wrong thread. disregard.

so who was it that just torched old parliment house brains?

white supremacists?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:03pm
andy-mac wrote:

Ok, agree The Guardian could be classed as 'left' leaning. SMH and Age, no longer even close... ABC, maybe Laura Tingle but they seem to tow govt line in most things I think out of fear of further funding cuts. Open knowledge libs/ Murdoch want it privatised.
MW fake news regarding companies not paying tax??? Mmm ok.
Are you ok with multi nationals minimising/ eliminating their tax as they exploit out resources? So ok for big business to pay no tax while PAYE workers have to pay their required amount?
Hardly fake news, if was he would be sitting in court for defamation a long time ago..

We will never agree on what a news site/media company is i find it ridiculous that 9 or 7 are thought as of right leaning in any way or in favour of the LNP but I'm only labelling them as such because people like you think they are. (basically not worth arguing over)

So we have to take a neutral source like media bias check to make the call, unfortunately they don't list channel 7 or 9 but list.

The Age (left centre, but pretty far towards left) https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-age-australia/

SMH (left centre, but quite far towards centre)https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-sydney-morning-herald/

The whole companies not paying tax thing is misleading, it's way more complicated than people like Michael want to make out, most companies despite trying to reduce their tax pay huge amounts of tax and other payments and contribute billions to the economy, yeah sure there is years when some run at a loss so pay no tax or pay to much tax one year so dont need to pay the next etc.

It's not limited to Australia, happens everywhere Elon Musk for instance has been targeted by many on tax issues including high profile people, despite paying the most individual tax in history 12 billion.

You just can't keep some people happy you never will it's just life.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:04pm
sypkan wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

Yes we can all have a damn fine laugh at blowin and sypkan but their shit does have consequences. Cookers just torched old Parliament House and some Qanon fuckstick just murdered 5 in Colorado. It starts with online abuse and in some cases it ends up in violence.
blowin has threatened to bash people on this site. Maybe it's time the SN crew gave him another little holiday?

Oops wrong thread. disregard.

so who was it that just torched old parliment house brains?

white supremacists?

given the note from the Sovereign Citizens movement on the Old Parliament House, I'd say it was the Sov Cits cookers.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:16pm
sypkan wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

Yes we can all have a damn fine laugh at blowin and sypkan but their shit does have consequences. Cookers just torched old Parliament House and some Qanon fuckstick just murdered 5 in Colorado. It starts with online abuse and in some cases it ends up in violence.
blowin has threatened to bash people on this site. Maybe it's time the SN crew gave him another little holiday?

Oops wrong thread. disregard.

so who was it that just torched old parliment house brains?

white supremacists?

Far from it, seems it caught on fire from some indigenous traditional smoking ceremony near the doors from those tent embassy crew.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-30/act-protesters-set-old-parliament...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:35pm

Hey ID you might want to publish an apology to the First Nations activists who didn't have anything to do with the fire and condemned the actions of those who lit it..
https://www.smh.com.au/national/act/protesters-set-fire-to-old-parliamen...
This is about accountability champ. You can correct the record and apologise for the crap you've just posted or forever be known as a bullshit artist.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:41pm

hey VL you might want to look at those videos...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:42pm

bahahahahahaha

wrong

again....

how do you do it?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 30 Dec 2021 at 8:53pm

Sure they are First Nation sov cit cookers in the vid, but that doesn't mean they were acting with the support of the tent embassy people (like ID said). The Tent Embassy people are seriously pissed at those cooked fuckwits who started the fire. Those are the facts.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 6:58am

Scooter lying again ..
The good Christian cannot help himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/31/covid-rapid-antig...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 9:19am

ha ha VL's reaction is complete Gold almost like someone doing satire of VL taking the piss.

I saw the SMH article hence how i came across the instagram post that clearly show's a planed event, and lots of other incriminating evidence, pretty much a shut and closed case other than if it was an accident or if there was some intent at all.

It's clearly all the same group and cause,, it's just a classic case of when shit goes wrong people want to distance themselves from things and start saying it's not us it's them, we weren't involved.

BTW. from the article, all class as per usual.

"However, Greens senator Lidia Thorpe, the party’s first Indigenous representative, tweeted in support, writing: “Seems like the colonial system is burning down. Happy New Year everyone. #AlwayswasAlwayswillBeAboriginalLand.”"

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 31 Dec 2021 at 9:36am

Whatever ID. It's well known that the anti-vaxxers / sov cits have made big inroads into the indigenous communities. The reason for this is two fold. 1. Distrust of govt and 2. Penticostal fuckwit preachers filling vulnerable people's heads with absolute crap. Old Parliament House was plastered with sov-cit posters just before the fire.
The Tent Embassy distanced themselves from the fire in no uncertain terms. Lydia Thorpe is a liability for the Greens.
Those who started the fire are just anti-vax / sov cit scumbags. Just because they are the same colour as the tent embassy people, doesn't make them the same mob.