COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 10:42am

I’ve been trying to find statistics on children currently hospitalised from covid in Australia, done the search on government websites but come up blank. Anyone know where I can find this information ? Thanks in advance.

synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 10:46am
burleigh wrote:

Toadkill seems to be bleeding from his Vagina this morning.

does it make you feel good to post offensive shit like this? are you 12 years old? if not, should know better, if you are 12, you should still know better

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 10:47am

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 10:49am
synchrodogcal wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Toadkill seems to be bleeding from his Vagina this morning.

does it make you feel good to post offensive shit like this? are you 12 years old? if not, should know better, if you are 12, you should still know better

If this offends you, you should consider therapy.

And please, don’t ever read VicLocals posts, you’ll have a heart attack

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 10:53am

Roadkill and boosterboys wet dream. Social distance measuring sticks

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 10:59am

I think it was Craig who outlined the numbers a year or more ago. Easier to do with just one dominant strain, not so easy now.
It's fairly simple. Take a sample size of 1000 people. If 90% are vaccinated, that means there are 900 vaccinated to 100 unvaccinated.
Assume the vaccine offers 75% 'protection'.
The resulting expected hospital admissions would be: 225 vaccinated, and 100 unvaccinated.
So a total of 325. Compared to 1000 if no one was vaccinated.
Also if everyone was vaccinated the number would still be 250.
This is a very simplified version, there's a lot more involved but this gives some basic numbers. The 75% was based on Alpha / Delta, it's only 20 or 30% for Omicron apparently.
The vaccine isn't perfect, nobody ever said it was. It just reduces the chances of hospitalisation and spreading it, ie; if you do happen to catch it, there's less chance of you getting sick enough to go to hospital, and there's less chance of you passing it on to your parents / grandparents etc.
ps the government is a bunch of useless c.nts

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:13am

Ramp that number up to a realistic number of infections and that difference (225-250) becomes the difference between the hospital system coping and chaos.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:14am

Who are the spreaders of fake news and what can be done to stop them? New Research

"In newly published research, we found that it’s not conservatives in general who tend to promote false information, but rather a smaller subset of them who also share two psychological traits: low levels of conscientiousness and an appetite for chaos.”

“…..our research makes clear that anyone trying to reach LCCs needs to experiment with interventions that go beyond fact-checking. We believe the onus falls primarily on social media companies. There is plenty of evidence that a user’s personality and political ideology can be inferred based on their social media activity. If these companies can identify LCCs, that means they can also be proactive in making sure LCCs are presented with reliable information, and not with falsities.”

Worth saying again

“We believe the onus falls primarily on social media companies.”

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/01/14/we-found-the-one-group...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:34am
blindboy wrote:

Who are the spreaders of fake news and what can be done to stop them? New Research

"In newly published research, we found that it’s not conservatives in general who tend to promote false information, but rather a smaller subset of them who also share two psychological traits: low levels of conscientiousness and an appetite for chaos.”

“…..our research makes clear that anyone trying to reach LCCs needs to experiment with interventions that go beyond fact-checking. We believe the onus falls primarily on social media companies. There is plenty of evidence that a user’s personality and political ideology can be inferred based on their social media activity. If these companies can identify LCCs, that means they can also be proactive in making sure LCCs are presented with reliable information, and not with falsities.”

Worth saying again

Pretty funny article, implying fake news is only shared by the right???

Implying this in itself is fake news.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:40am

Try reading the link.

"Our findings suggest it is misguided to assign blame for misinformation to the political right broadly — indeed, doing so risks increasing polarization. Instead, it would be more productive for researchers, social media platforms, politicians and members of the media to focus their efforts on low-conscientiousness conservatives (LCCs for short) in particular. "

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:51am
gragagan wrote:

I think it was Craig who outlined the numbers a year or more ago. Easier to do with just one dominant strain, not so easy now.
It's fairly simple. Take a sample size of 1000 people. If 90% are vaccinated, that means there are 900 vaccinated to 100 unvaccinated.
The resulting expected hospital admissions would be: 225 vaccinated, and 100 unvaccinated.
This is a very simplified version, there's a lot more involved but this gives some basic numbers. The 75% was based on Alpha / Delta, it's only 20 or 30% for Omicron apparently.
The vaccine isn't perfect, nobody ever said it was. It just reduces the chances of hospitalisation and spreading it, ie; if you do happen to catch it, there's less chance of you getting sick enough to go to hospital, and there's less chance of you passing it on to your parents / grandparents etc.

Not even close.

For a start the hospitalisation rate of the unvaccinated is utterly tiny. This NSW has about 20 genuine unvaccinated Covid cases in ICU out of millions of unvaccinated people.

The efficacy of the vaccines you quote is pure fantasy. As stated multiple times, using myself as an example, the vaccine reduces the absolute chance of me being hospitalised from covid from 0.002% to 0.001%.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:55am
blindboy wrote:

Worth saying again

Sicko Blindboy has spread more lies, misinformation and bullshit about Covid than anyone else on this thread.

He’s a shit posting machine.

Remember when he was claiming that kids were being mass hospitalised in the US , then the CDC admitted the children’s statistics for covid were utter lies. Too bad everyone already knew but Sicko was adamant that kids be injected with the toxic jabs!

He posted a couple of days ago that it’s still not confirmed If Omicold is mild or not…..lololol.

Remember when I showed repeatedly that the hospitalisation rates for covid were trash , using his own links no less, and he said I was anti-science and couldn’t read statistics? Lol. How’d that turn out Sicko? Yeah…..you were caught out being a lying shit bag again bloke.

He’s told so many lies that it’d take days to list them all.

2020 called Sicko…..it wants its fear mongering back!

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:53am
Blowin wrote:
gragagan wrote:

Not even close.

For a start the hospitalisation rate of the unvaccinated is utterly tiny. This NSW has about 20 genuine unvaccinated Covid cases in ICU out of millions of unvaccinated people.

The efficacy of the vaccines you quote is pure fantasy. As stated multiple times, using myself as an example, the vaccine reduces the absolute chance of me being hospitalised from covid from 0.002% to 0.001%.

So you’re twice as likely?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:54am

Hey VicLocal, here are todays deaths from NSW & QLD

NSW - 20 deaths - 14 fully vaccinated
QLD -3 deaths, 1 fully vaccinated, 2 had a single dose

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:55am
etarip wrote:
Blowin wrote:
gragagan wrote:

Not even close.

2 x 0?

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:57am
burleigh wrote:
etarip wrote:
Blowin wrote:
gragagan wrote:

Not even close.

2 x 0?

Box of hammers

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 11:58am
Blowin wrote:
gragagan wrote:

Not even close.

You were never tested, never confirmed with covid, so you as an example is bs.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 12:07pm
etarip wrote:
Blowin wrote:
gragagan wrote:

Not even close.

In relative theoretical terms , yes.

The vaccine reduction for someone , using myself as an example , is the equivalent of buying two lotto tickets instead of one when the chances of winning are 975338 to 1.

You could tell someone truthfully enough that you have double the chance of success, but that chance of success is still ridiculously small. So small and theoretical in nature as to be statistically insignificant. Literally.

If you are an older, vulnerable person with multiple comorbidities then you should get vaccinated without question. Younger and healthier…..it should be up to you as the efficacy is tiny.

If you’re the type of shit bag who bleats about mandatory vaccination and medical apartheid being something that a civilised society should consider, then you really need a solid kick in the pants and thrown into the stocks to be pelted with fruit until you realise what an evil fascist piece of shit you really have become….or maybe always were!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 12:04pm
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:
gragagan wrote:

Not even close.

You were never tested, never confirmed with covid, so you as an example is bs.

It’s an example, shit bag. It’s not dependent on me getting the virus.

Who knows? Maybe I haven’t had it and maybe I’ll be that extremely unlucky healthy 49 year old who dies from covid? There’s about a 99.995% it won’t happen….but it could.

These are the honest statistics. If they are not scary enough for you I’m sure you will lie to make the story seems more catastrophic …..as you’ve been doing for two years.

PANIC!!!!!!!

Get your two hundredth booster bloke!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 12:30pm

Ha ha he's back Swellnet's very own LCC and lover of chaos. Not to mention chief narcissist. It's all about Blowie!

"Who knows? Maybe I haven’t had it and maybe I’ll be that extremely unlucky healthy 49 year old who dies from covid? There’s about a 99.995% it won’t happen….but it could."

Oh and in NSW there are 192 cases in ICU today. It has been running at about 50% unvaccinated so that would be somewhere around 100. Only out by a factor of 5. Probably better than your long term average but still deliberately ,misleading and toxic. You are one sick motherfucker!

synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 12:31pm
burleigh wrote:

If this offends you, you should consider therapy.

And please, don’t ever read VicLocals posts, you’ll have a heart attack

if, calling out petty name calling and casual misogyny means I need therapy, then sign me up buddy

if you’re trying to change minds on an issue by using these tactics then you’ve already failed

and yep, well aware you’re not the only one stooping to those levels itt.

a bunch of gorillas in the zoo slinging turds at each other probably have more insight than some of ‘debaters’ in here

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 12:37pm
blindboy wrote:

Oh and in NSW there are 192 cases in ICU today. It has been running at about 50% unvaccinated so that would be somewhere around 100. Only out by a factor of 5. Probably better than your long term average but still deliberately ,misleading and toxic. You are one sick motherfucker!

For someone who wants exact stats you have very loosely thrown this in here (50%)
Got any proof? As the death rates for the last three days (at least) would show otherwise

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 12:48pm
blindboy wrote:

Ha ha he's back Swellnet's very own LCC and lover of chaos. Not to mention chief narcissist. It's all about Blowie!

"Who knows? Maybe I haven’t had it and maybe I’ll be that extremely unlucky healthy 49 year old who dies from covid? There’s about a 99.995% it won’t happen….but it could."

Sure bloke. But you are again pretending that the ICU rates aren’t just reports of how many people have tested positive to covid within a certain time frame, irrespective of the reason for being hospitalised.

I’ll gift you your guess that 50% are unvaccinated and grant the reality of 75% of reported ICU cases not having covid as the reason for hospitalisation.

PANIC!!!!!!

This makes about 25 unvaccinated people out of millions of unvaccinated people requiring hospitalisation for covid.

Of course only the extremely unhealthy, aged or unlucky end up in ICU from covid whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated, so how many of those unvaccinated in ICU would have ended up there regardless if they’d been vaccinated ?

Possibly all of them.

But don’t let that stop your lies Sicko!

Lie bloke lie!

It’s what you’re good at!

I reckon Scummo should put you in prison for creating civil disorder and inciting panic in the population.

Serious question Sicko….Why do you consciously lie and bullshit to make this situation seem much worse than it really is? I understand that the media gets clicks and the politicians get power but what do you get?

Sicko sadistic thrills you old beast.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 12:59pm
blindboy wrote:

Ramp that number up to a realistic number of infections and that difference (225-250) becomes the difference between the hospital system coping and chaos.

Here’s an example of how sick you are , Sicko.

You must have immediately realised* that his numbers showing 100% hospitalisation rates for the unvaccinated were incorrect, yet you deliberately chose to not correct him as it played to your fantasy horror story that the unvaccinated are all likely to end up in hospital with covid.

Of course the actual, real current hospital rate for the healthy unvaccinated is currently sitting at about 0.001%.

But that doesn’t suit your sick need to make the virus appear deadly, deadly , deadly to everyone and anyone. Does it Sicko?

So you pretended not to see his mistake , which is lying through omission. It is the very definition of misleading and toxic. How do you look at yourself in the mirror bloke? I’d wager there’s a world of squinting going on when you look at your reflection and try to see someone with a hint of integrity bloke.

I think you might be a congenital liar, Sicko.

You certainly have zero qualms lying to support your fantasies.

* OK….maybe you are stupid enough to not have realised the glaring error in his thinking and calculations. Though I doubt it. I think you’re just a sicko, Sicko.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 1:32pm

burleigh if you have NSW data for the past 3 days put it up. All the data I have seen up to about the 10th is around 50%

"It's fairly simple. Take a sample size of 1000 people. If 90% are vaccinated, that means there are 900 vaccinated to 100 unvaccinated.
The resulting expected hospital admissions would be: 225 vaccinated, and 100 unvaccinated."
I assume the sample was intended to represent cases. It is the only way it makes any sense.

The rest of Blowin's dummy spit is just unsubstantiated nonsense. The assertion that 75% of ICU patients with covid are there for other reasons is just one example of our resident LCC's taste for fake news and another example of the kind of crap that the owners should be fact checking and removing. Low conscientiousness?

"Conscientiousness is the personality trait of being careful, or diligent. ... People who score low on conscientiousness tend to be laid back, less goal-oriented, and less driven by success; they also are more likely to engage in antisocial and criminal behavior."

Worth saying again

“We believe the onus(for dealing with fake news) falls primarily on social media companies.”

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 1:30pm
blindboy wrote:

burleigh if you have NSW data for the past 3 days put it up. All the data I have seen up to about the 10th is around 50%

"It's fairly simple. Take a sample size of 1000 people. If 90% are vaccinated, that means there are 900 vaccinated to 100 unvaccinated.
The resulting expected hospital admissions would be: 225 vaccinated, and 100 unvaccinated."
I assume the sample was intended to represent cases. It is the only way it makes any sense.

The rest of Blowin's dummy spit is just unsubstantiated nonsense. The assertion that 75% of ICU patients with covid are there for other reasons is just one example of our resident LCC's taste for fake news and another example of the kind of crap that the owners should be fact checking and removing.

Worth saying again

“We believe the onus(for dealing with fake news) falls primarily on social media companies.”

90% is not correct, Australia is around 78% fully vaccinated.

I have posted NSW deaths (jabbed/un jabbed) already. It’s not even close to 50%

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 1:42pm
blindboy wrote:

The rest of Blowin's dummy spit is just unsubstantiated nonsense. The assertion that 75% of ICU patients with covid are there for other reasons is just one example of our resident LCC's taste for fake news and another example of the kind of crap that the owners should be fact checking and removing. Low conscientiousness?

"Conscientiousness is the personality trait of being careful, or diligent. ... People who score low on conscientiousness tend to be laid back, less goal-oriented, and less driven by success; they also are more likely to engage in antisocial and criminal behavior."

Worth saying again

So you’ve made unsubstantiated allegations that my approximations aren’t correct, despite having zero evidence to the contrary and open public admissions by the NSW Health minister which corroborate the truth that hospitalisation rates with covid do not represent actual covid numbers requiring hospitalisation.

And then you extrapolate your fundamental bullshit out into a farcical rubbish generalised theory which contains no more truth than your original bullshit.

And then you use these lies and bullshit as leverage to try and force the Swellnet crew to de platform me…..despite you having produced multiple lies on this very page on this very day.

You’re not all there are you Sicko?

Time to call it a day old bloke, you are looking like an obvious lying shit bag to anyone who can read.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 1:44pm

Mate ffs, you make the allegations you put up your sources. Otherwise it's just your usual brain farts. And yeh just so we are clear I would be thrilled if they fucked you off. You're a hazard to public health and a loudmouth bully who tries to shut down discussion by being obnoxious and dragging it down to your level of insult and abuse.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 1:49pm

I can see some red circles coming

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 1:55pm
blindboy wrote:

Mate ffs, you make the allegations you put up your sources. Otherwise it's just your usual brain farts.

Everything you say is literally made up rubbish which , if we are lucky, you attempt to mitigate with your usual “ this suggests “ as your only bow to the overwhelming weight of facts which show your poorly crafted lies as crude attempts to persuade others towards your doomsday fantasies.

Seriously bloke….fuck off. You’ve been trying to scare people witless for two years and now that the reality of the virus is apparent to just about everyone, you can’t give up your sadistic need to incite panic.

You’re a liability to our community bloke. It’s one thing to be cautious and err on the side of safety out of good faith but you e shown at every opportunity that you have no regard for balanced thought or neutral risk assessment. Everything you say is negative and designed to incite fear in the mind of the vulnerable.

You’re a fucken pest. You have been shouting fire in a crowded theatre for so long that you don’t even realise that the movie is over and everyone else has calmly left the room.

You’re nothing but a shrill old panic merchant.

“Kids are dying from Covid ! The virus is an indiscriminate killer ! It’s hunting the unvaccinated! It’s a pandemic of the unvaccinated! “

How many lies have you shouted into the void only to quietly pretend they never happened when they are disproved time and time again? I’m calling dozens. Dozens of lies you simply try to walk away from and distract with a fresh round of bullshit and lies. At this point you’re basically Scott Morrison.

Take your shit elsewhere Chicken Little.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 2:17pm

My concern has always been the politicians letting it rip and hoping the health system will cope....you guys can argue about vac and anti-vax all day...and never will there be any compromise , in fact the opposite happens...
Reality check...we here on the Surf Coast have had no PCR tests for a week , no antigen tests , and the people who were PCR tested 2 weeks to to a week ago , still haven't got their results as the system buckled under the workload. It 's like a ghost town here shops and cafes shut because of lack of staff and no testing available any where!
Health workers who have to wear PPE gear ( have a family member working in emergency) wearing nappies/hydrating and eating before they don their gear as it, takes too long to get in and out of their PPE .
The system is in severe overload as Covid hospitalizations increase , which is still getting worse by the day.......the numbers are a lot less than the actual figures being quoted as nobody I know anymore does the QR , as there is no way to get tested......I have a guy who works for me who's partner works as an ICU nurse in the Royal Melbourne childrens ward....he got pinged but still could not get any testing done as only staff at the hospital can get tested and not family members as there is not enough tests available and the PCR labs have maxed out......

try reading todays article and wonder why health staff are not allowed to talk to the media....

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/i-don-t-think-people-underst...

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 2:30pm
blindboy wrote:

Mate ffs, you make the allegations you put up your sources. Otherwise it's just your usual brain farts. And yeh just so we are clear I would be thrilled if they fucked you off. You're a hazard to public health and a loudmouth bully who tries to shut down discussion by being obnoxious and dragging it down to your level of insult and abuse.

Bit rich mate, you are perpetually trying to shutdown discussion that doesnt align with your POV...no less than two days ago:

“ If anyone has hard data relevant to that put it up. If not, stop rabbiting on about irrelevancies. We know what to do. Get vaccinated, get boosted, wear a mask, avoid crowds in doors. And for the fuckwits who refuse to get vaccinated, the sensible behaviour of the vast majority will probably ensure there is a hospital bed available for you or your family member, when needed.” - blindboy

"You’re not at school now bb, stop demanding people do what you say, this is a surfing website forum. Not a doctors convention.

"If people want to talk about things you deem irrelevant then they are free to do so.
If you don’t like it don’t read it. Simple.

"You don’t run the joint mate." - Goofyfoot

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 2:32pm

Brutus I have two family members working in ICUs and the last time I posted here about them the response from some here was “it’s their job”. Where does that attitude even come from??

Heard in last day 75% of those in icu in Victoria atm aren’t vaccinated!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 2:50pm

GS , it's really sad to see once Australia had an incredible attribute called mateship...we looked after others helped each other even if we had different political ideology's.....

Who really cares about the what's really going on in our society anymore , people here just flaunting their ego's / insults... he said she said blah blah blah.....the vulnerable Australians are eating shit on every level which includes poverty and in this case people with underlying health conditions that are suffering from Covid.

We now have enough people around us with Covid ,and hospitals overrun with patients , what ever happened to us?

Our Pollies have so much to answer for , but we fight amongst each other over trivial shit , while we the people watch in disbelief at the continual Political smoke and mirrors which tries to distract us from the reality...this could have all been avoided ......

GS keep telling your stories , I dare anyone to try and trivialize our health workers the double shifts and the increasing workload....whether they are Vaxxed or not ...who cares, how can we help that should be the question?

GuySmiley wrote:

Brutus I have two family members working in ICUs and the last time I posted here about them the response from some here was “it’s their job”. Where does that attitude even come from??

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 2:56pm

@brutus , did the guys partner that works in ICU at RCH give any indication of how many children are on the ward ? Very hard to find statistics on hospitalised children from covid. The age article paints a brutal picture and when it says worse case scenario would be to allow asymptomatic staff to work I was thinking why wouldn’t you let staff who aren’t vaccinated but test negative to work ? or at least staff that were infected and recovered before vaccines were available .

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 3:22pm

Hi Supafreak....just called my mate and his partner was there..in the last 6 mths there has been 4 kids in ICU , all had underlying health conditions....none at present....but she says the situation is getting so bad in the Hospitals everybody is really worried , as numbers are increasing and health workers with symptoms are increasing...if you have a fever when you arrive at Emergency they send you home...a patient nearly died last week from a heart attack sitting in his car telling the nurses outside of emergency about chest pains , shortness of breath....go home you have covid......luckily a paramedic , double checked him and yes he was having a heart attack and they save him....WTF , is this Australia or some 3rd World country??

Supafreak wrote:

@brutus , did the guys partner that works in ICU at RCH give any indication of how many children are on the ward ? Very hard to find statistics on hospitalised children from covid. The age article paints a brutal picture and when it says worse case scenario would be to allow asymptomatic staff to work I was thinking why wouldn’t you let staff who aren’t vaccinated but test negative to work ? or at least staff that were infected and recovered before vaccines were available .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 3:45pm
GuySmiley wrote:

Pretty sure you are referring to my previous comments Guy. But for some reason you’ve decided to edit my opinion to suit yourself. I made damn sure that there was no ambiguity about the appreciation I held for health workers. I’ll restate it here in order to circumvent any possible disingenuous repurposing of my comments.

The part you took out of context was that health workers always seem to be under pressure. I have friends who are nurses and even previous to covid they were overworked and had shifts which most would find unfathomable. But…it’s the career they chose. I used to work consecutive 13.5 day fortnights and often times it was in 45 degrees plus wearing full PPE and doing extremely hard manual labour. That was my choice just as health workers make their choices. Society needs all to do their part. Whether we need gas from remote regions , health care workers or a plumber to Wade through faeces on a 2AM Sunday morning call out.

It does not diminish the respect or appreciation held for each occupation to accept that some careers do it harder than others.

Anyway, enough of debarbing your comment.

I honestly don’t get your point. Is it that you think the Victorian nurse’s overall workload which has been increased by an extremely marginal factor by people choosing to avoid vaccination means that the state deserves the right to force people into a medical procedure ( the jab ) ?

You do realise that the few ICU beds occupied by the unvaccinated may have found the same people in ICU whether they were vaccinated or not due to their vulnerable status? You do realise that the number of ICU beds occupied by the unvaccinated is utterly dwarfed by the ICU beds occupied by those whose other lifestyle choices such as poor diet, laziness and bad personal habits , but that these other people face no public ire from those such as yourseof?

You ever stopped to wonder how it is that you’re so incensed with those who place minor pressure on ICU beds whilst you simultaneously remain unfazed by the major impact on ICU beds by those whose other decisions led them to be there?

I think you’ve bought into a manufactured division within society brought about by politics. It’s no different from those who resent the “ bludgers” on the dole due to being taught how to think by politically biased news channels.

The people who choose to remain unvaccinated are not a threat to those who are vaccinated. The people who choose to remain unvaccinated are an extremely minor burden on the health system and this is born out by absolute numbers in daily statistics. Any burden on the health system by the unvaccinated is ridiculously minor when compared to eating too much sugar and this is true for any metric you can think of from A and E visits, to general wards beds to ICU. I’m talking right now ….today . Where is the media attack on the other lifestyle choices which are filling the 90% of ICU beds not occupied by patients who happen to test positive to covid.

I’m trying to bring peace to the community by showing the hateful and bitter divisionists amongst us in their true colours. So what if someone chooses to not get vaccinated? In truth it hardly affects anything and anyone and the alternative is to deny people the autonomy over their own body.

You aren’t that guy, Guy. I think you’re a kind and respectful person. Why can’t you appreciate that others have issues with the vaccines? It doesn’t even matter whether you agree with their reasons but that you respect their ability to retain right over their own lives.

If there was a true and disproportionate jeopardy shown to the vaccinated by the unvaccinated then I’d probably agree with pressure being brought to bear on vaccination status, but there isn’t. It’s just not true.

Where’s the public condemnation of the political class who’ve allowed the public health system to become so easily imperiled especially after TWO FUCKEN YEARS of virus threat? How did an otherwise kind Australian public be convinced to turn inwards and attack other innocent members of society as a distraction from the corruption and incompetence of our political class ?

That’s not you Guy. You’re smarter and kinder than that. The people who’ve elected to remain unvaccinated are not the enemy and they’re not the problem. They’re not uniformly stupid , uneducated and worthless. They’re just Aussies with a different take on their lives as is their right.

By focusing your hate on the tiny minority of unvaccinated you are allowing those responsible for the mess of the public health system to convince you of an alternative scapegoat.

If this is the worst outcome of the pandemic then we are laughing. It’s sad but inevitable that people die from disease and thankfully the numbers of deceased are not existential. About the same as a bad flu year. So what if there’s a few less items on shelves at Coles and some businesses are understaffed ? It’s like a pandemic lite. Take away the media bullshit and the situation is not bad at all , everything considered. It’s entirely possible to leave your house and be unaware of the DOOM and CATASTROPHE the media would have you believe has been visited upon us.

Don’t go to the dark side !

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 3:45pm

@brutus. thanks for replying and calling your mate . Good to hear no kids currently in that particular RCH . In the age article I was questioning to myself on why aren’t doctors and nurses allowed to comment on current circumstances? It’s bizarre , remember in the beginning of the pandemic the horror scenes coming from Italy ? Media used those images over and over again . When I was in hospital around new year’s, talking to a nurse about how concerned my mate was as he’s a liver transplant survivor and on a cocktail of drugs plus had 3 Pfizer shots in 4 months. His concern was Lismore hospital only had about 100 bed capacity for covid patients and tweed if they do take covid patients eventually only have 10 ventilators . The nurse said the Gold Coast hospitals would be taking any overflow patients. Some lovely nurses at tweed but you could see some of the younger less experienced were clearly stressed , probably from double shifts .

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 3:53pm

So in NSW , 420 deaths were unvaccinated, 96 had the Jab.....A tarot card reader, who is anti-vax , been on life support till yesterday since Xmas....."“It is as we feared,” Dr Chris Ingall, from the hospital’s medical staff council, told the publication.

“We are seeing an almost exclusively unvaccinated population in the hospital and exclusively unvaccinated in the intensive care ward at this point."

udo wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/as-we-feared-antivaxxers-f...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:03pm
udo wrote:

Good on you Udo, sink the boot into those bludgers bloke. You should see if A Current Affair is hiring.

Seriously Udo, you’re better than this mate. Despite the hyperbolic headlines….6 people in ICU in Byron . it’s got the usual “ bludgers rorting the system!” tropes used to inflame the Daily Telegraph crowd. FFS ….they even quoted ICU bed costs.

I honestly can’t see much difference between your link and a Today Tonight push for the Indue Dole card at Byron. Same vibe.

People need to recognise this situation for what it is ….a politically opportunistic attempt to create public divisions and hate for a useful distraction by our cuntish political class.

What do you think the two minutes of hate organised against Djokovic is all about ? There’s not even any nuance or pretence. It’s just a rallying cry for the brain dead conservative fuckwits out there who fell for the lifters and leaners dribble.

Same vibe…. https://junkee.com/a-current-affair-asked-if-unemployed-women-should-be-...

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:02pm

SF , it is very disturbing that Politicians have tried to shut down Health workers commenting as I think the reality of the health workers Covid narrative would be at odds with all the political bullshit we are being fed , especially as we are in an election year.

Shit check out the Lismore article UDO just posted.....people who are just saying ah it's just a cold/influenza etc , need to get out there and live what's really happening.......put aside our differences and support our health workers......it's getting worse by the day.....even if you have an argument that , if you ate properly and exercised there would/could be less.......

The reality is there are a lot of vulnerable people in our community , we just don't / can't abandon them!!!

Supafreak wrote:

@brutus. thanks for replying and calling your mate . Good to hear no kids currently in that particular RCH . In the age article I was questioning to myself on why aren’t doctors and nurses allowed to comment on current circumstances? It’s bizarre , remember in the beginning of the pandemic the horror scenes coming from Italy ? Media used those images over and over again . When I was in hospital around new year’s, talking to a nurse about how concerned my mate was as he’s a liver transplant survivor and on a cocktail of drugs plus had 3 Pfizer shots in 4 months. His concern was Lismore hospital only had about 100 bed capacity for covid patients and tweed if they do take covid patients eventually only have 10 ventilators . The nurse said the Gold Coast hospitals would be taking any overflow patients. Some lovely nurses at tweed but you could see some of the younger less experienced were clearly stressed , probably from double shifts .

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:19pm

Excellent post Blowin, very well articulated above, the actual reality of the situation.

Brutus, on mateship, in case you missed it, all of Australia just stayed home for 2 years for their mates working in health. What you are experiencing now is the band aid ripping off. We and our mates working in health will get to the other side of this. We got the vaccine remember, the reason we waited so long.

Can I ask what the big deal is with pausing ELECTIVE surgery to manage the surge?
From someone who can’t afford private health insurance, it sounds like the privileged elite want the rest of the country to endure lock downs and medical mandates so they can continue with their privileged medical care.
Where’s the mateship now?
I’d suggest it’s your turn to have a go at helping, go on, can you do 6 months?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:11pm

Blowin how can you criticize Udo , all he did was post an article....don't shoot the messenger , try discrediting the articles facts , by posting why the article doesn't stack up ?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:13pm
brutus wrote:

So in NSW , 420 deaths were unvaccinated, 96 had the Jab.....A tarot card reader, who is anti-vax , been on life support till yesterday since Xmas....."“It is as we feared,” Dr Chris Ingall, from the hospital’s medical staff council, told the publication.

“We are seeing an almost exclusively unvaccinated population in the hospital and exclusively unvaccinated in the intensive care ward at this point."

udo wrote:

They have pulled the death numbers from the beginning of the pandemic (before the vax) to scare people with unvax deaths.

Wow

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:19pm

shoredump...easy for you to say , our mates in the Health services will get to the other side...it's getting worse for them , patients who are in elective surgery are suffering as there are less resources

Talking about the rich elite is just another way of saying politicians who all have private health...
It's not about me or any individual , its about helping where you can.....one way was get vaccinated , obey the lockdown rules ....

shoredump wrote:

Excellent post Blowin, very well articulated the actual reality of the situation.

Brutus, on mateship, in case you missed it, all of Australia just stayed home for 2 years for their mates working in health. What you are experiencing now is the band aid ripping off. We and our mates working in health will get to the other side of this. We got the vaccine remember, the reason we waited so long.

Can ask what the big deal is with pausing ELECTIVE surgery to manage the surge?
From someone who can’t afford private health insurance, it sounds like the privileged elite want the rest of the country to endure lock downs and medical mandates so they can continue with their privileged medical care.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:21pm

Burleigh , I am totally prepared to look at the facts that support your opinion....I just copied what was written in the article Udo posted....so please post your info?

burleigh wrote:
brutus wrote:

udo wrote:

They have pulled the death numbers from the beginning of the pandemic (before the vax) to scare people with unvax deaths.

Wow

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:31pm
brutus wrote:

shoredump...easy for you to say , our mates in the Health services will get to the other side...it's getting worse for them , patients who are in elective surgery are suffering as there are less resources

Talking about the rich elite is just another way of saying politicians who all have private health...
It's not about me or any individual , its about helping where you can.....one way was get vaccinated , obey the lockdown rules ....

shoredump wrote:

Excellent post Blowin, very well articulated the actual reality of the situation.

Can ask what the big deal is with pausing ELECTIVE surgery to manage the surge?

It is easy for me to say that Brutus because I’ve always had to work ridiculously long shifts and suffer as I’m not able to get elective surgery.

I’m leading by example mate

I’m not talking about politicians I’m talking about the privileged half who have private health cover. Why are they mandating medical procedures on people who clearly don’t want them just so they can keep their elite health in order

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:36pm

shoredump...it has also been made clear to me that as I have some pretty problematic health issues that restrict what I can and can't do.

we have been all had to change our lifestyles , here's a repost from my Dr in Sept looks pretty spot on for one of the Worlds top cancer surgeons..

I asked is it safe for me to travel?

"Not a lot is understood about it yet and it is not a treat .....as yet........ like Delta.

It contains many mutations associated with increased infection rates and may be able to avoid antibody detection.

This means your current antibodies against COVID-19 from vaccination may not be unable to detect the C.1.2 variant. Theoretically then your immune system will be fighting it for the first time. Potentially we could be back at square one where we don't have immunity to it. This concept was also thought about Delta and it has not been the case in Israel and the UK where vaccination rates are about 70% or more. Whilst infection rates are high in the UK and Israel the hospitalisations are still low so vaccination seems to be helping.

However, in saying that we know there will be many mutations to come so it's not unexpected. The numbers with C.1.2 are still small........ unlike Delta which is out of control. Only time will tell if it will become the dominant strain or remain in small numbers.

To confuse things more the Lambda variant which was first found in Peru is now moving across South Africa is more of a concern than the C.1.2 as research has shown it can resist the antibodies induced from vaccination!!!!!!!

I think being vaccinated will still give immunity and our only chance to avoid getting really sick, hospitalised and dying if we get infected. Other treatments such as hydroxychloroquine (used to treat SLE) , Ivermectin, Azithromycin (antibiotic), Zinc, Vitamin C, etc have all be spoken about to have effects in improving outcomes and recovery of ICU patients but they are not approved by the TGA as treatments.

Most importantly, keeping a distance from people especially those melbournites, wearing a N95 mask, hand washing and avoiding people outside your circle is the way to go because you don't want to get it as you wont know which way the dice is going to roll.

Hopefully in 6 months world vaccination rates will be better and travel would be safer. In the ideal situation everyone should be vaccinated first and then allowed to travel to prevent super strains from developing but no one wants to wait for that so we will all pay the consequences of the actions of many non-believers.

Hope this is helpful.

So I stayed home , listened to the Doc...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:44pm

Don’t flatter yourself blowin very rarely if ever read anything you have to say these days and frankly I have absolutely no joy in saying that. What once was always a good read is now a sinking pile of predictability. Have a good one mate.