COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:51pm

Think Ill get a rashie made up with the phrase printed-
"Melbournite- keep safe keep your distance"
Might get a few more set waves :-)

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:57pm

Now and then it is good to pull back and look at the big picture and realise just how much worse off we would have been had we followed the policies suggested by our resident band of LCC anti-social fuckwits.
Current US deaths 873,000. Current Australian deaths 2666.
No doubt the fuckwits will claim this had nothing to with our use of lockdowns, ttq, masking and higher vaccination levels....but the reality is simple; had we gone down the path of the US, based on population size and very similar age distribution, our deaths would almost certainly have reached somewhere around 80,000.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 4:57pm
GuySmiley wrote:

Don’t flatter yourself blowin very rarely if ever read anything you have to say these days and frankly I have absolutely no joy in saying that. What once was always a good read is now a sinking pile of predictability. Have a good one mate.

.... and no I wasn’t referring to / thinking of you in my original post above and yes I remember what you said about respect for nurses

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 5:15pm

BB , I am amazed you claim to have once been a teacher. Where are your communication skills in trying deliver your message?
the constant insults and belittling of people who have different views and education to you I find quite astounding to the point where you are and have become quite antagonistic and disrespectful in your constant insults...can't we all just back off on the personal shit , and try to stay rational and logical?

blindboy wrote:

Now and then it is good to pull back and look at the big picture and realise just how much worse off we would have been had we followed the policies suggested by our resident band of LCC anti-social fuckwits.
No doubt the fuckwits will claim this had nothing to with our use of lockdowns, ttq, masking and higher vaccination levels....but the reality is simple; had we gone down the path of the US, based on population size and very similar age distribution, our deaths would almost certainly have reached somewhere around 80,000.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 5:25pm
Blowin wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

Brutus I have two family members working in ICUs and the last time I posted here about them the response from some here was “it’s their job”. Where does that attitude even come from??

Heard in last day 75% of those in icu in Victoria atm aren’t vaccinated!

Pretty sure you are referring to my previous comments Guy. But for some reason you’ve decided to edit my opinion to suit yourself. I made damn sure that there was no ambiguity about the appreciation I held for health workers. I’ll restate it here in order to circumvent any possible disingenuous repurposing of my comments.

The part you took out of context was that health workers always seem to be under pressure. I have friends who are nurses and even previous to covid they were overworked and had shifts which most would find unfathomable. But…it’s the career they chose. I used to work consecutive 13.5 day fortnights and often times it was in 45 degrees plus wearing full PPE and doing extremely hard manual labour. That was my choice just as health workers make their choices. Society needs all to do their part. Whether we need gas from remote regions , health care workers or a plumber to Wade through faeces on a 2AM Sunday morning call out.

It does not diminish the respect or appreciation held for each occupation to accept that some careers do it harder than others.

Anyway, enough of debarbing your comment.

I honestly don’t get your point. Is it that you think the Victorian nurse’s overall workload which has been increased by an extremely marginal factor by people choosing to avoid vaccination means that the state deserves the right to force people into a medical procedure ( the jab ) ?

You do realise that the few ICU beds occupied by the unvaccinated may have found the same people in ICU whether they were vaccinated or not due to their vulnerable status? You do realise that the number of ICU beds occupied by the unvaccinated is utterly dwarfed by the ICU beds occupied by those whose other lifestyle choices such as poor diet, laziness and bad personal habits , but that these other people face no public ire from those such as yourseof?

You ever stopped to wonder how it is that you’re so incensed with those who place minor pressure on ICU beds whilst you simultaneously remain unfazed by the major impact on ICU beds by those whose other decisions led them to be there?

I think you’ve bought into a manufactured division within society brought about by politics. It’s no different from those who resent the “ bludgers” on the dole due to being taught how to think by politically biased news channels.

The people who choose to remain unvaccinated are not a threat to those who are vaccinated. The people who choose to remain unvaccinated are an extremely minor burden on the health system and this is born out by absolute numbers in daily statistics. Any burden on the health system by the unvaccinated is ridiculously minor when compared to eating too much sugar and this is true for any metric you can think of from A and E visits, to general wards beds to ICU. I’m talking right now ….today . Where is the media attack on the other lifestyle choices which are filling the 90% of ICU beds not occupied by patients who happen to test positive to covid.

I’m trying to bring peace to the community by showing the hateful and bitter divisionists amongst us in their true colours. So what if someone chooses to not get vaccinated? In truth it hardly affects anything and anyone and the alternative is to deny people the autonomy over their own body.

You aren’t that guy, Guy. I think you’re a kind and respectful person. Why can’t you appreciate that others have issues with the vaccines? It doesn’t even matter whether you agree with their reasons but that you respect their ability to retain right over their own lives.

If there was a true and disproportionate jeopardy shown to the vaccinated by the unvaccinated then I’d probably agree with pressure being brought to bear on vaccination status, but there isn’t. It’s just not true.

Where’s the public condemnation of the political class who’ve allowed the public health system to become so easily imperiled especially after TWO FUCKEN YEARS of virus threat? How did an otherwise kind Australian public be convinced to turn inwards and attack other innocent members of society as a distraction from the corruption and incompetence of our political class ?

That’s not you Guy. You’re smarter and kinder than that. The people who’ve elected to remain unvaccinated are not the enemy and they’re not the problem. They’re not uniformly stupid , uneducated and worthless. They’re just Aussies with a different take on their lives as is their right.

By focusing your hate on the tiny minority of unvaccinated you are allowing those responsible for the mess of the public health system to convince you of an alternative scapegoat.

If this is the worst outcome of the pandemic then we are laughing. It’s sad but inevitable that people die from disease and thankfully the numbers of deceased are not existential. About the same as a bad flu year. So what if there’s a few less items on shelves at Coles and some businesses are understaffed ? It’s like a pandemic lite. Take away the media bullshit and the situation is not bad at all , everything considered. It’s entirely possible to leave your house and be unaware of the DOOM and CATASTROPHE the media would have you believe has been visited upon us.

Don’t go to the dark side !

“I’m trying to bring peace to the community by showing the hateful and bitter divisionists amongst us in their true colours.”

How could anyone think otherwise.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 5:27pm

Antagonistic being the key word Brutus, they’re the ones that usually get the boot from this website. Pretty sure the whole post was baseless too, I’ve not seen anyone on here he is describing

Roadkill that’s exactly what he’s doing, you on the other hand are also constantly trying to antagonise and divide

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 5:31pm
shoredump wrote:

Antagonistic being the key word Brutus, they’re the ones that usually get the boot from this website. Pretty sure the whole post was baseless too, I’ve not seen anyone on here he is describing

Roadkill that’s exactly what he’s doing, you on the other hand are also constantly trying to antagonise and divide

No surprise you take that lane…as is expected.

Blowin, is the most hateful and bitter divisionists amongst us.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 5:44pm

This forum is out of control language and insult wise imo, zero moderation. You can say whatever you want to people, re sexual choice, race, words you never hear anymore in everyday use.
Wouldn't surprise me if someone doesn't take legal action against SN for peoples details and drag them into court, happens on social media.
Just cause you use some dodgy name doesn't mean you can't get found out.
Be careful Ben and co, if you are going to have a forum and let it run loose cause you don't have time for it, might in for a shock.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 5:43pm

brutus, I call it as I see it, as I did during my teaching career. We are adults here so it is expressed more bluntly, but part of a teacher's role is to make it clear to kids when their behaviour is unacceptable.....acting like dickheads, if you like. There are numerous people on this site who have a long history of posting deliberate toxic misinformation about public health measures. Lack of education might be an excuse first time around but after that it is wilful ignorance, which is unforgiveable on these issues. Antagonistic? Yeh well why not? When the pricks throw out insults that they would never use face to face I throw them back with added sauce. That's Swellchan for you....a sewer of bullshit, misinformation, hostility and insults......but apparently it makes a decent quid for the owner. If you are so easily offended, stay away is my advice.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 5:49pm

"That's Swellchan for you....a sewer of bullshit, misinformation, hostility and insults......"

And that's just Blindboy - you should read some of the stuff other people write.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 5:50pm

Some of you guys need to check your xenophobic tendencies. That’s why a pro vaccine individual like me goes into bat for anti vaxxers. Just chill, people are allowed to be different...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 5:59pm

NoVax…game, set, match…Australia.

Gooooone.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:05pm

Embarrassing day to be a true blue Aussie

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:10pm
Roadkill wrote:

Gooooone.

Maybe you can sleep with the bedside light off tonight now that the big bad bogeyman has been kicked out?

Door still double bolted of course.

Serious question- Do you ever read a headline and ponder if there might be an ulterior motive behind it or do you just immediately parrot the latest trending outrage?

Nothing against parrots. I had a pet parrot once. It was extremely obese. Unfortunately, it died and and though I was initially sad , I’ve got to admit that it was like a weight had lifted from my shoulder.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:09pm

This may come back to bite Australia on the backside . Politics and sport are never a good mix .

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:10pm

I guess that is the end of Kelly's career too.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:11pm
brutus wrote:

try reading todays article and wonder why health staff are not allowed to talk to the media....

Just on this, because I just don’t want to comment on so much that has gone down here, it has been standard for decades in the public service and pretty much any reasonable sized business that employees are not allowed to talk to the media about the business/dept they work in.

Every public servant from 1980s onwards would, or should, know that. Any bank employee, any big mining employee, probably the guy at the local coffee shop isn’t allowed to comment to the media about the business they work for. Many have been sacked for it and the industrial courts uphold the sackings. A woman who wrote under a pseudonym on social media got found out (she was careless) and she was sacked from the Federal public service.

There’s nothing untoward in it, it was around for literally decades before the pandemic. A major part of the reason why I have always written under a pseudonym.

Having said that, I have read numerous columns from doctors and nurses in the msm all under the sobriquet ‘anonymous’!

Just saying.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:17pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Gooooone.

Maybe you can sleep with the bedside light off tonight now that the big bad bogeyman has been kicked out?

Serious question- Do you ever read a headline and ponder if there might be an ulterior motive behind it or do you just immediately parrot the latest trending outrage?

Nothing against parrots. I had a pet parrot once. It was extremely obese. Unfortunately, it died and and though I was initially sad , I’ve got to admit that it was like a weight had lifted from my shoulder.

Yeah, that time you said “I’m trying to bring peace to the community”

You just can’t not post bitter and angry and divisive.

Peace to you, Mother Teresa.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:15pm
Supafreak wrote:

This may come back to bite Australia on the backside . Politics and sport are never a good mix .

The hideous part of this whole episode is the demonstration of how reckless Scummo can be with his sociopathic dictates in pursuit of political advantage.

The eyes of the whole world on him and Scummo is baring his teeth at a tennis player invited into the country to whack balls over a net for “ threatening civil disorder “ for fuck’s sake.

Scummo has no floor to how low he will stoop.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:17pm

BB , so you treat people on these forums who disagree or don't have your education , like the kids you taught when their behaviour is, in your eyes , unacceptable....so you really have no interest in having a civil debate , as you feel you have the right to stoop to the same behaviour as "the dickheads" as you call them....doesn't that the make you the same in lowering your self to insulting behaviour?

I am no offended at all , just a bit stunned by all the bullshit that goes back and forth , especially when it comes from people who should know better......this whole post is about Covid overload forecaster.....which is in our faces at the moment.....

I personally don't really care who thinks they are right or wrong...but I do care about the current reality of our health system , the vulnerable and the consequences of bad political judgement which has created our current crisis!

blindboy wrote:

brutus, I call it as I see it, as I did during my teaching career. We are adults here so it is expressed more bluntly, but part of a teacher's role is to make it clear to kids when their behaviour is unacceptable.....acting like dickheads, if you like. There are numerous people on this site who have a long history of posting deliberate toxic misinformation about public health measures. Lack of education might be an excuse first time around but after that it is wilful ignorance, which is unforgiveable on these issues. Antagonistic? Yeh well why not? When the pricks throw out insults that they would never use face to face I throw them back with added sauce. That's Swellchan for you....a sewer of bullshit, misinformation, hostility and insults......but apparently it makes a decent quid for the owner. If you are so easily offended, stay away is my advice.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:22pm

I was hoping the Swellnet reset was going to happen organicaly on this forum.
Instead we have a continuatin of Burliegh's bullshit, Blowin's diatribes and Blindboy's zealotism.
Time to shut down this thread Ben and Stu.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:26pm
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Gooooone.

Peace to you,Mother Teresa.

Mother Theresa?

Bloke, if you’d said some of the things to me in real life instead of on here, such as taking the piss out of my Mum being hospitalised and relentlessly claiming I lied about it, you’d need to be strapped to the roof of the attending ambulance because they’d never fit you in the back with that Penny farthing hanging half way out of your arse.

Apart from that I’m an extremely fair minded and even tempered individual who is dismayed at the attempts of yourself, and people like you, to alienate and expel an otherwise innocent section of our community just because they reserve the right to determine whether or not they need a vaccine that doesn’t prevent infection and does extremely little to prevent sickness and death in the majority of people.

Particularly when their decision doesn’t affect you in any genuine manner.

About 3% of ICU beds in NSW are occupied by unvaccinated people. You worry about not enough ICU beds …..give Scummo a call. I’ve got a solid feeling that you helped vote him in bloke. So it’s YOUR fault.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:23pm
mattlock wrote:

Instead we have a continuatin of Burliegh's bullshit, Blowin's diatribes and Blindboy's zealotism.

Or…you could switch off your computer and go away.

Everyone would win!

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:26pm

I was hoping the Swellnet reset would happen on this forum. A forlorn hope it appears.
Instead we have Burliegh's bullshit, Blowin's diatribes and Blindboy's zeolotism.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:27pm

It would be better for me if you did.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:28pm

And everyone else.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:31pm
mattlock wrote:

I’m with you mattlock . No light is shed here, but plenty of heat.

Yeah, I could turn my computer off, or go to other sites where I might learn something (I have and I did), or better still Blowin could shut down 2 or 3 of his computers and leave it to those who are interested in a diversity of views.

Shut this one down Ben. It’s a steaming pile of merde.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:35pm

You Blowin, are the most toxic contributer on Swellnet.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:39pm
mattlock wrote:

I was hoping the Swellnet reset would happen on this forum. A forlorn hope it appears.
Instead we have Burliegh's bullshit, Blowin's diatribes and Blindboy's zeolotism.

No point , it will just start on another thread , its the topic on ( nearly ) everyone’s mind , why would you shut it down ? There has been good exchanges and some that just go over the top . People on both sides are angry, some come here to vent their frustrations. Let them vent , live and let live.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:45pm
batfink wrote:
mattlock wrote:

Yeah, I could turn my computer off, or go to other sites where I might learn something (I have and I did), or better still Blowin could shut down 2 or 3 of his computers and leave it to those who are interested in a diversity of views.

For sure bloke. You’re so interested in a “diversity of views” that you want the views which divert from your own shut down.

You’re the merde bloke. But you’re not steaming, you’re dull and congealed. Even as dung you’re uninteresting.

Next time you visit other sites to learn, you should try to learn how to avoid being boring. Big mountain for you to climb there bloke. Challenge yourself!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:43pm
mattlock wrote:

And you’re a nonentity.

Swellnet is entertainment and you’re as entertaining as stale Black and Gold bran flakes.

Tell your ( non existent) story walking bloke.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:00pm
blindboy wrote:

"but the reality is simple; had we gone down the path of the US, based on population size and very similar age distribution, our deaths would almost certainly have reached somewhere around 80,000"

You should really have a look into the respective health metrics of both nations before making false assumptions such as these. Where does 80,000 come from? How was that extrapolated. Age distribution the only comparable metric now? Not likely BB. America is ranked within the top 10 of the most unhealthy nations in the world across a variety of health measures, particularly obesity and obesity related illness/disease. Plenty of peer reviewed literature on the “obesity epidemic in America”. Perfect storm. You demand critical thinking from others, yet here is a bleedingly obvious case of apples and oranges that you fail to account for as you pull numbers out of thin air.

Another recent quote from you:

“There are numerous people on this site who have a long history of posting deliberate toxic misinformation about public health measures.”

What was misinformation last year, is now the known truth, as we know it. Information is evolving constantly; what we knew last week is different to what we know now, what we knew last year…and so on. Policy and health measures are constantly in flux, truths are being shown to be half truths or a misinterpretation. Give crew a break, people are doing their best to keep up.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:44pm

Yeah sure there is a lot of pointless back and forth in this thread, but it's easy to skim over, there is also plenty of good discussion in this thread too.

BTW. Blowin is a bit over the top in this thread, but he is not even close to the most toxic contributor.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:44pm

So with novax deported, does this mean all the movie stars that keep on arriving will be going through the same bullshit? I guarantee they won’t all be jabbed, or not enough political points in clean smiling white people?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:46pm
burleigh wrote:
brutus wrote:

So in NSW , 420 deaths were unvaccinated, 96 had the Jab.....A tarot card reader, who is anti-vax , been on life support till yesterday since Xmas....."“It is as we feared,” Dr Chris Ingall, from the hospital’s medical staff council, told the publication.

“We are seeing an almost exclusively unvaccinated population in the hospital and exclusively unvaccinated in the intensive care ward at this point."

udo wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/as-we-feared-antivaxxers-f...

They have pulled the death numbers from the beginning of the pandemic (before the vax) to scare people with unvax deaths.

Wow

Hey Burleigh. I think you spelt "I was wrong, vaccinated people are much less likely to die of covid. Sorry for spreading absolute bullshit" incorrectly.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:48pm
Blowin wrote:
batfink wrote:
mattlock wrote:

For sure bloke. You’re so interested in a “diversity of views” that you want the views which divert from your own shut down.

You’re the merde bloke. But you’re not steaming, you’re dull and congealed. Even as dung you’re uninteresting.

Next time you visit other sites to learn, you should try to learn how to avoid being boring. Big mountain for you to climb there bloke. Challenge yourself!

I feel blowin is much more popular here than RK, Blindboy & Vic.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:48pm

So there it is Blowin....SN is entertainment for you , so that's really while you come here to entertain yourself .....makes sense , so nothing you say here is serious or true...it's all about Blowin been entertained.....!

Blowin wrote:
mattlock wrote:

And you’re a nonentity.

Swellnet is entertainment and you’re as entertaining as stale Black and Gold bran flakes.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 6:54pm
Blowin wrote:
mattlock wrote:

And you’re a nonentity.

You're about as entertaining and toxic as a fart in an elevator blowin.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:14pm

BH 30% of Australian adults are obese. The figure is about 40% in the US. The 80,000 is based on Australia's population of 25 million being a tenth of the US 250 million. They have had 873000 deaths so I divided by 10 and yes, allowed for the health difference.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:15pm

Good to see Mother Teresa spreading the peace with numerous others,

Who knows the story of the frog and the scorpion?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:20pm
blindboy wrote:

BH 30% of Australian adults are obese. The figure is about 40% in the US. The 80,000 is based on Australia's population of 25 million being a tenth of the US 250 million. They have had 873000 deaths so I divided by 10 and yes, allowed for the health difference.

So what’s the explanation for countries with low deaths, low vaccination and no real lockdowns and terrible health systems ?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:19pm
Vic Local wrote:
burleigh wrote:
brutus wrote:

So in NSW , 420 deaths were unvaccinated, 96 had the Jab.....A tarot card reader, who is anti-vax , been on life support till yesterday since Xmas....."“It is as we feared,” Dr Chris Ingall, from the hospital’s medical staff council, told the publication.

“We are seeing an almost exclusively unvaccinated population in the hospital and exclusively unvaccinated in the intensive care ward at this point."

udo wrote:

They have pulled the death numbers from the beginning of the pandemic (before the vax) to scare people with unvax deaths.

Wow

Hey Burleigh. I think you spelt "I was wrong, vaccinated people are much less likely to die of covid. Sorry for spreading absolute bullshit" incorrectly.

You see todays stats in NSW? I posted it for you earlier

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:22pm

"So what’s the explanation for countries with low deaths, low vaccination and no real lockdowns ?"
Give me an example and I will have a look. I suspect diferent countries have a variety of different factors.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:22pm
Roadkill wrote:

This is my favourite part Toadkill

“We predicted this, we said there would be a tsunami here, everyone predicted it would sweep through the pockets of the unvaccinated.”

Fear fear fear. Jab jab jab

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:29pm

Systems going into meltdown , so lets talk about stats and who's right or wrong, so bloody sad and a waste of time and energy......Meltdown in the USA health system sound familiar...??

America's hospitals and health systems are seeing rapid increases in inpatient and ICU admissions as the Omicron wave of COVID-19 sweeps the nation. With more than 55 million total cases to date in our country and a heartbreaking 800,000 deaths and counting, hospital teams are pressed beyond belief.

As they respond, America's hospitals and other facilities have not been spared the supply chain challenges that many faced leading up to the holidays. One less visible but very serious aspect of our service should concern everyone: making sure we have the necessary workforce to care for patients.

Millions of American workers have either quit or changed jobs in recent months. It's been called the Great Resignation or the Big Quit, and it is affecting many employers, including the healthcare field.

Data is painting a dire situation for hospitals. A recent survey suggests that one in five healthcare workers has left their job since the start of the pandemic. In addition, the Bureau of Labor Statistics found that hospital employment decreased by almost 100,000 from February 2020 to September 2021.
https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/second-opinions/96681?xid=nl_mpt_DH...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:32pm
burleigh wrote:
Vic Local wrote:
burleigh wrote:
brutus wrote:

udo wrote:

Wow

You see todays stats in NSW? I posted it for you earlier

Yes I have seen the NSW statistics today YOU ABSOLUTE MORON. 20 deaths. 70% were vaccinated 30% weren't. Given the percentage of people unvaccinated (and given unvaccinated people are much more likely to be very young, it's obvious to anyone without shit for brains that unvaccinated people are very much overrepresented in the death stats.
Hey Burleigh, it takes a very special brand of stupid to take a staunch position on a subject and then point to evidence that contradicts that position.
You're a very special person burleigh. but not in a good way.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:35pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

This is my favourite part Toadkill

“We predicted this, we said there would be a tsunami here, everyone predicted it would sweep through the pockets of the unvaccinated.”

Fear fear fear. Jab jab jab

You are so stupid burleigh.
I suppose the doctors in this article are part of some grand conspiracy?

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:37pm
Roadkill wrote:

Good to see Mother Teresa spreading the peace with numerous others,

Who knows the story of the frog and the scorpion?

Just wanna say an unreserved apology for yesterdays rant to you Roadkill. I was pretty hammered watching the cricket and definitely let my emotions get the better of me. Might not agree with you or how you go about things. No need to talk to someone i don't know like that. Sorry.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 16 Jan 2022 at 7:40pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Gooooone.

Peace to you,Mother Teresa.

Mother Theresa?

Bloke, if you’d said some of the things to me in real life instead of on here, such as taking the piss out of my Mum being hospitalised and relentlessly claiming I lied about it, you’d need to be strapped to the roof of the attending ambulance because they’d never fit you in the back with that Penny farthing hanging half way out of your arse.

Apart from that I’m an extremely fair minded and even tempered individual who is dismayed at the attempts of yourself, and people like you, to alienate and expel an otherwise innocent section of our community just because they reserve the right to determine whether or not they need a vaccine that doesn’t prevent infection and does extremely little to prevent sickness and death in the majority of people.

Particularly when their decision doesn’t affect you in any genuine manner.

About 3% of ICU beds in NSW are occupied by unvaccinated people. You worry about not enough ICU beds …..give Scummo a call. I’ve got a solid feeling that you helped vote him in bloke. So it’s YOUR fault.

Making stuff up again to suit yourself and your pity party.