Mainstream Media Vs the culture of resuuuuurch.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond started the topic in Wednesday, 23 Feb 2022 at 4:39pm

Just browsing the online shitrag that is News.com today and came across this article on the Queen and how it was portrayed she was using Ivermectin, when according to the article she wasn't. Note the language used..particularly the use of the word 'dangerous'.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/channel-9-apolo...
Then i looked up an article about Ivermectin pre Covid and found this one...
https://www.isglobal.org/en/healthisglobal/-/custom-blog-portlet/ivermec...
Note the line: "Because of its excellent safety profile and broad spectrum of activity, ivermectin is catalogued by the World Health Organisation as an essential medicine and is regarded by many as a "magic bullet" for global health."
Alot of talk on these forums lately is about trusting the science, listening to the experts, most of which use the big media giants as their platforms to broadcast information. If you choose to question what is pumped out adnauseum to you these days you're labelled a tin foil hatter, a conspiracy theorist and accused of posting misinformation.
I just wonder what other peoples thoughts are on the media narrative as opposed to doing your own research. I once trusted the media alot more, however in this day and age, when we have soooo much information available at the touch of a keypad, some false, some verifiable, it's hard to trust the media when you can easily catch them out in blatant lies, or at the very least, misleading the public as shown above.
Anyway, that's my thoughts. Wondering on others. Just gonna read, not going to chirp in on this one.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 3:15pm
Blowin wrote:

Hey Fagto…

WTF is wrong with you?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 3:17pm

when they eat each other.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 3:18pm

Im mates w a few crew on here as im sure you are. By your reckoning anyone that disagrees with your views can't be your mates and should b hated. Stu, Ben and Craig have all held firm to their beliefs on c19. I respect them as much as anyone because theyre not hysterically jumping down others throats to push theiir views. I only respond to personal attacks w the same back. Otherwise, live and let live. You should try it. And maybe go get a wave.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 3:20pm

Now back to the topic at hand....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 3:21pm

But it’s not just differing opinions is it?

How would you feel if I started posting animal photo after animal photo on this thread as an unapologetic attempt to troll it into the dirt? Would you think we just had respectful differing opinions? That’s the difference when I have different opinions with other Craig etc. They don’t try to shut others down with mean girl bullshit….cause they aren’t shit bags.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 3:39pm

"...They don’t try to shut others down with mean girl bullshit….cause they aren’t shit bags."

to be fair, it's all part of facto's cult indoctrination...

even his guru man noam's not in on it - ffs, he calls it out...

but mean girls is what facto's ilk do...

it's all part of the pact, the inning, the outing, the signalling...

there's no cult, without ceremony and sacrafice

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 3:43pm

Blowin. Uses the slurs of a bigot, yet doesn't think he's the shitbag.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 3:45pm
gsco wrote:

great post Bonza, appreciate you writing it.

Interesting bookshelf Constance. I think Edward Bernays would fit in nicely there.

I like the opening sentences of the John Pilger article:

John Pilger wrote:

Raw propaganda is now the rule in Western democracies, especially the U.S. and Britain.

On matters of war and peace, ministerial deceit is reported as news. Inconvenient facts are censored, demons are nurtured. The model is corporate spin, the currency of the age.

It's fascinating how the government and media propaganda machines have gone from covid straight to Ukraine without stopping for breath.

Was thinking the same re russia and the media gsco.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 3:54pm

Yep. It looks very real now though, no longer just a media propaganda war

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 4:27pm
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 5:07pm
Constance B Gibson wrote:

"Like it’s me posting animal photos on the thread you cry onto..."

Like this, you mean, blokey??

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/489404?page=67

Hahahahahaha. praying nobody will have a look! Goose!

"Im mates w a few crew on here as im sure you are"

Nah, BD, and that's poor ol' Blokey's problem*. THE problem.

Looking for love in all the wrong places.

*Well, don't mention Stuart. Just quietly...

I’m reluctant to ask because I don’t really give a rats about the answer but how da hell did you know blowin posted a pic of a dog in April last year ??

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 5:19pm

I guess we are just lucky BD started this thread, if anyone else had started it instead of Facto posting relevant links he would have trolled the fuck out of it by now in the same way he trolled the other Covid thread yesterday and trolled the Covid Lab leak thread to the point it got shut down, which is real pity because it would have been a great documentation of something that was looked at as a conspiracy theory to something that become an mainstream acceptable theory, and god knows one day we might known more about.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 6:02pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

I guess we are just lucky BD started this thread, if anyone else had started it instead of Facto posting relevant links he would have trolled the fuck out of it by now in the same way he trolled the other Covid thread yesterday and trolled the Covid Lab leak thread to the point it got shut down, which is real pity because it would have been a great documentation of something that was looked at as a conspiracy theory to something that become an mainstream acceptable theory, and god knows one day we might known more about.

Not going to be easy to find the true origin of covid when the NIH releases papers under the freedom of information act and 90% is redacted. What a joke. It hasn’t gone away yet indo and things are starting to heat up . On another note if people don’t like a subject instead of trolling it why not just move on and start your own thread on something that interests yourself ?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 6:14pm
goofyfoot wrote:

I’m reluctant to ask because I don’t really give a rats about the answer but how da hell did you know blowin posted a pic of a dog in April last year ??

It's a sad state of affairs.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 6:34pm
AndyM wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

It's a sad state of affairs.

This is Facto’s milieu. He isn’t interested in covid or anything but rolling in the slander. Take a look at his 35 contributions on the covid thread….not a single mention of the virus. He’s the Trough Queen of Swellnet- lives to delve into filth and faeces..

Trawling back through 200 pages to find a long forgotten dog photo is him at his best AKA muckraking.

That’s what happens when a little boy dreams of being a big swinging dick on the political stage but lack of talent and charisma finds him stalled at the lower end of trades unionism dog’s body in tertiary education. He is then forced to enact his character smear political stylings on an Internet forum. This is Facto’s version of Warcraft for the kid too afraid of loud noises to join the army.

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 7:32pm

Haha Blowin ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 7:43pm

Facto thinks : “Oooh! I’ll post a quote from someone else and people will be impressed!!”

Everyone else thinks : “Facto, ( sigh ) …such an unoriginal, uninspired beige non entity that he still thinks it’s clever quoting others to reference situations he doesn’t have the personality to describe himself. What a useless cnt. “

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 7:44pm

Can’t wait til Swellnet goes Meta-

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 7:45pm

Bloke , you think a clever reference to Freud is rewording “ I know you are but what am I ? “

No one ever accused you of being smart bloke.

Bitchy and superficial : yes, smart : no.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 7:49pm

Lol.

I just remembered that you’d been awarded the title “ Comrade Queef “ due to your self styled “ Antifa Kaos Agent “ fantasy coupled with your limp wristed true self.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 7:59pm

I hardly drink bloke.

That won’t stop you lying about it though hey bloke.

Lying about people is what you do. If only you hadn’t turned out to be such a useless cnt and you could have mixed it up with your shit stained heroes in the halls of local council politics. Not much use for a half baked character assassin outside of politics Queefy old bloke.

Lucky you’ve still got that nine to five pen pushing job so you can bitch about co workers in the lunch room. How’s that working out for you? A beige life of pointless tasks and photocopying TPS reports no cnt will ever read bloke . Lucky you can go home and put on your black out Antifa Agent Kaos gear in your dingy bedroom and reminisce about the good old days spray painting unfunny slogans on street posters.

So it’s not all bad in Comrade Queefy’s life.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 8:19pm

You have to hand it to you blowie still going toe to toe with all and sundry in Swillnet forums since 2am this morning. How many comments in for the day are ya? 50+ or more? Has it changed anything in the slightest?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 8:36pm
GuySmiley wrote:

You have to hand it to you blowie still going toe to toe with all and sundry in Swillnet forums since 2am this morning. How many comments in for the day are ya? 50+ or more? Has it changed anything in the slightest?

Shit yeah.
Another excellent day down. Didn’t get far today due to rain, wind and care duties but had a blast. Couple of walks to the beach. Had a bit of a swim in the rain which is always nice. Enjoyed dragging out a coffee overlooking the ocean. Read a bit more of my book*. Got some important shot done around the house. Had a giggle with a mate. Nothing too adventurous but sometimes those rainy days around the house are the cream. Love the sound on the roof and the garden.
How about you?

*Reading Lord Of the Rings for the first time in thirty plus years. More childish than I recall but still a cracking tale. Tolkien sure went deep when he was dreaming up Middle Earth.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 8:42pm
Supafreak wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Not going to be easy to find the true origin of covid when the NIH releases papers under the freedom of information act and 90% is redacted. What a joke. It hasn’t gone away yet indo and things are starting to heat up . On another note if people don’t like a subject instead of trolling it why not just move on and start your own thread on something that interests yourself ?

Yes Supa. I wrote a post about a year ago questioning the whole timeline of Covid. My thoughts were, if the origin wasn't correct, then the timeline of it might not be correct, and for such a contagious disease, where does that put the spread of it on the actual timeline of events.
Mindblowing that the report can be redacted to that degree.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 8:55pm

@BD , there’s still 1400 pages to come ………. “But the most recent batch of documents, which the NIH sent The Intercept on Tuesday, underscores an ongoing lack of transparency at the agency. Even as members of Congress and scientists call for additional information that could shed light on the origins of the pandemic, 292 of 314 pages — more than 90 percent of the current release — were completely redacted. Besides a big gray rectangle that obscures any meaningful text, the pages show only a date, page number, and the NIAID logo. The remaining pages also contain significant redactions.”
https://theintercept.com/2022/02/20/nih-coronavirus-research-wuhan-redac...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 8:54pm

Bizarre @supa.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 9:07pm
Blowin wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

Shit yeah.
Another excellent day down. Didn’t get far today due to rain, wind and care duties but had a blast. Couple of walks to the beach. Had a bit of a swim in the rain which is always nice. Enjoyed dragging out a coffee overlooking the ocean. Read a bit more of my book*. Got some important shot done around the house. Had a giggle with a mate. Nothing too adventurous but sometimes those rainy days around the house are the cream. Love the sound on the roof and the garden.
How about you?

*Reading Lord Of the Rings for the first time in thirty plus years. More childish than I recall but still a cracking tale. Tolkien sure went deep when he was dreaming up Middle Earth.

Me? Can’t complain .... up late, summer fruits for breakfast, long beach walk & swim, surf, an hr of yoga and out to early seafood dinner

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 9:10pm

Sounds perfect. Good work.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 24 Feb 2022 at 9:14pm
GuySmiley wrote:
Blowin wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

Shit yeah.
How about you?

Me? Can’t complain .... up late, summer fruits for breakfast, long beach walk & swim, surf, an hr of yoga and out to early seafood dinner

Doesn’t anyone work these days…

What an epic day!
Except the up late bit, can’t do that…
Miss the best part of the day

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 27 Feb 2022 at 6:57pm

Interesting article CBG. So many differing opinions, and hard to sort through facts. Will be interesting to see if Russia does halt it's advance from this point forward. Hope so.
On another note, i see that pesky chirpy bloke above got another ban.
No matter the all out verbal attack above busting out the C bomb unprovoked. Anyway, happy days!! The sites a better place without Bloke 'n Boots on it.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 27 Feb 2022 at 7:17pm

Yep. Been feeling pretty heavy for all those crew the last few days. Hard to be stoked on life when this is going on right now.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 1 Mar 2022 at 7:18am

Not really CBG.

Top notch bit of whataboutery.

From memory, you’re usually pretty good at identifying that technique and calling it out.

And illuminative of your Western-centric bias tbh… Do you want a…. (Gasp) Russian historian, Chinese university educated- perspective on the ethnopolitical situation in Ukraine?

Bit of an epic scroll, but jeez this is a good read. More to follow…

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Thursday, 3 Mar 2022 at 8:55pm

Nice work Constance, as usual. Robert Fisk was one of my go-to guys. There was a long time when I didn't believe anything regarding the middle east unless Robert Fisk had verified it, and expounded upon it. He was super-critical of Israel, not because it was filled with Jews but because of the effects of their policies on Palestine and Gaza. He was, and remains, a mensch. I'd be listening to him still if not for his demise.

George Monbiot, have read much from him that I agree with, but if you can't get behind Julian Assange you are a fake journalist. Greste wrote a piece denouncing Assange as a 'non-journalist'. as though there is some clear line between a reporter and a journalist. It remains for me one of the most egregious pieces of opinion I have read, from a man who had not long been freed from a gaol due to western media reporting. Apparently because he hadn't made the magical crossing of the Rubicon from reporter to journalist he was somehow due for his comeuppance. I can't forgive that.

It seems that holding truth to power is only for those who hold the right credentials.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 4 Mar 2022 at 10:28am

'ideological confusion' ...lol

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 4 Mar 2022 at 12:00pm

or, I may have to do nothing...

and the lofty smart arsery will float off into the self pleasuring, but absolute waste of time, abyss

again...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 4 Mar 2022 at 12:01pm

the whole article was a 'lol' actually

talk about behind the curve...

and false equivelance

and a heap of other lofty delusional (deranged) wank

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 4 Mar 2022 at 1:27pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 18 Mar 2022 at 1:42pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 28 Mar 2022 at 6:41pm

CA812132-F3-DE-47-E8-B49-C-62-CEF2-B8-B12-D

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Monday, 28 Mar 2022 at 7:31pm

Man bites dog!great French movie if you're into horror comedies.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 6 Apr 2022 at 1:05pm

So disappointing.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 6 Apr 2022 at 4:43pm

jwithay's picture
jwithay's picture
jwithay Tuesday, 19 Apr 2022 at 10:37pm

Required reading:

https://iranalyst.medium.com/problems-in-australian-journalism-c79573279462

Brilliant article

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Wednesday, 20 Apr 2022 at 8:54am

Excellent article Constance. A pretty good wrap of how mainstream media isn’t doing its job, and probably no longer knows how to do it.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Wednesday, 20 Apr 2022 at 9:20pm

ID isn’t listening, Constance. Too busy cheerleading. Oompah, oompah. La La La.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Thursday, 21 Apr 2022 at 8:39am

Journalists live within invisible electrified guard rails - some self imposed and others that have real consequences.

Step outside these or dig too deep outside the mainstream of acceptable memes and facts set from above by media owners and by TPTB (often unsaid or unwritten - just in the ether) and the shocks begin to guide you back into line.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 21 Apr 2022 at 9:27am

Required reading:

https://iranalyst.medium.com/problems-in-australian-journalism-c79573279462

Excellent article.

https://m.

jwithay's picture
jwithay's picture
jwithay Wednesday, 27 Apr 2022 at 5:44pm

Brilliant read from Ronni Salt, and yet another example of why The Shot is putting out some of the best journalism in oz today.

On the topic of Manufacturing Consent, has any crew seen the Adam Curtis series 'The Century of the Self'? If that doesn't open viewers eyes to the mass manipulation we are all subjected to I don't know what will.