Mainstream Media Vs the culture of resuuuuurch.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond started the topic in Wednesday, 23 Feb 2022 at 4:39pm

Just browsing the online shitrag that is News.com today and came across this article on the Queen and how it was portrayed she was using Ivermectin, when according to the article she wasn't. Note the language used..particularly the use of the word 'dangerous'.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/channel-9-apolo...
Then i looked up an article about Ivermectin pre Covid and found this one...
https://www.isglobal.org/en/healthisglobal/-/custom-blog-portlet/ivermec...
Note the line: "Because of its excellent safety profile and broad spectrum of activity, ivermectin is catalogued by the World Health Organisation as an essential medicine and is regarded by many as a "magic bullet" for global health."
Alot of talk on these forums lately is about trusting the science, listening to the experts, most of which use the big media giants as their platforms to broadcast information. If you choose to question what is pumped out adnauseum to you these days you're labelled a tin foil hatter, a conspiracy theorist and accused of posting misinformation.
I just wonder what other peoples thoughts are on the media narrative as opposed to doing your own research. I once trusted the media alot more, however in this day and age, when we have soooo much information available at the touch of a keypad, some false, some verifiable, it's hard to trust the media when you can easily catch them out in blatant lies, or at the very least, misleading the public as shown above.
Anyway, that's my thoughts. Wondering on others. Just gonna read, not going to chirp in on this one.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 5:42pm

We did tell you.

We told you not to be a freak and to treat fellow Australians as humans instead of reducing them into jabbed / unjabbed apartheid because it made no sense and was against the right way to treat people. We told you that not only was it morally wrong but that it served no practical purpose.

We were right but you still acted like a proper piece of human garbage just when we should have been supporting each other. . Showed your true colours at a time when you were tested and you were found to be lacking. Worse …you allowed yourself to be turned on others when you were threatened with the confected boogieman of an overhyped influenza.

Now you’re doubling down instead of taking a step back and accepting your mistakes and admitting your poor behaviour. Sorry bloke, you’re not the type of person I’d want anyone I care about to have anything to do with. You’re a disgrace.

Eagerly gobbling down Scomo’s lies amd throwing your fellow Australians to the wolves. Get back under the rock you crawled out from under.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 5:42pm
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

We did tell you.

We told you not to be a freak and to treat fellow Australians as humans instead of reducing them into jabbed / unjabbed apartheid because it made no sense and was against the right way to treat people. We told you that not only was it morally wrong but that i5bserved no practical purpose.

We were right but you still acted like a proper piece of human garbage just when we should have been supporting each other. . Showed your true colours at a time when you were tested.

Now you’re doubling down instead of taking a step back and accepting your mistakes and admitting your poor behaviour. Sorry bloke, you’re not the type of person I’d want anyone I care about to have anything to do with. You’re a disgrace.

Eagerly gobbling down Scomo’s lies amd throwing your fellow Australians to the wolves. Get back under the rock you crawled out from under.

You knew nothing…you simply spouted your uneducated bias. Zero fact ever giving and lies told daily. Shit, even when you were directed to verified facts you ignored them. A clown then and a clown still.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 5:46pm

The entire covid thread is still there. We parsed the truth from the sea of lies. You were too stupid , too proudly ignorant and too stimulated by the opportunity to unleash your worst self to hesitate and take stock of what was actually unfolding. Everyday you peddled lies and dismissed any attempt to correct your fear-addled blindness.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 5:49pm

I’m still laughing at Stu calling you out yesterday…and your acquiesced response…like a bully/teachers pet…all mouthy in the playground but the teacher/Stu looks down and you prove you are nothing of substance. The bully got spanked.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 5:55pm

Toadkill the quadruple jabbed bloke that cried for weeks how sick he was after catching covid.

To think after your ordeal that you still believe the vaccine works is just astounding. I guess you’re a different type of special.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 5:56pm

This is a good clip DSDS , Dr Jay &others gave good advice early in the pandemic but king fauci ridiculed them and made them out to be kooks . King fauci had way to much influence and power , soon he rides off into the sunset.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 5:59pm
burleigh wrote:

Toadkill the quadruple jabbed bloke that cried for weeks how sick he was after catching covid.

To think after your ordeal that you still believe the vaccine works is just astounding. I guess you’re a different type of special.

burleigh, I don’t expect you to ever acknowledge reality or how things change as more info comes into the public domain…it’s all a conspiracy to you.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 6:06pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:

burleigh, I don’t expect you to ever acknowledge reality or how things change as more info comes into the public domain…it’s all a conspiracy to you.

I’ve been acknowledging reality since this scandemic started. You’re head is too far into the sand the even realise.

The shit you believed and still do is frightening. You are so manipulated by the TV screen it’s sad.

From your mum in the cafe to sooking for weeks how sick you were catching the virus being 4 x jabbed. Haha you really are a tool……. A cheap Bunnings tool that you use once then throw into the corner because you realise it’s useless

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 6:11pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:

I’ve been acknowledging reality since this scandemic started. You’re head is too far into the sand the even realise.

The shit you believed and still do is frightening. You are so manipulated by the TV screen it’s sad.

From your mum in the cafe to sooking for weeks how sick you were catching the virus being 4 x jabbed. Haha you really are a tool……. A cheap Bunnings tool that you use once then throw into the corner because you realise it’s useless

What do I still believe, burleigh?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 6:13pm

I believe this thread will be lucky to see the light of day

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:05pm

Lest we forget.

Here is Dr John Campbell back in October 2021 setting out some consistent and frustrating contrasts between recommendations and advice from the CDC and UK goverment advice on vaccine mandates and recent research available at the time.

Authorities enthusiasm for vaccines knew no bounds. Natural immunity was downplayed, under studied and given little place in public health policy. Hardly good practice for experts trained in understanding immune responses.

A flawed health narrative with quite massive consequences that has been very slow to change.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:22pm

I think you guys are a bit unfair to roadkill, his position has changed considerably, albeit subtley...

and he did face this whole thing under totally different circumstances, that we cannot truly appreciate

having said that, I still think he's a miserable fuck, who exercises the most tedious and relentness of gibes... ones that totally miss the mark, because his precoceived ideas are so unimaginative and stubborn he often just embarrasses himself

but I do appreciate how he has developed his perspective, ...same with others, not sure if it was frog or bonza, who started out as pretty much your SOP anti-vaxxer bagger... but then got wise to what was going on well early, and started asking some good questions with good links...

stok on the other hand... well, what can you say...

bit of a shame some of the more moronic dogmatic commentators had to drop out, I'd really love to hear their perspectives and justifications now...

but then again... the conversation seems more productive without them...

dogma... such a drag...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:21pm

Campbell is a nurse, not sure how he gets Dr? Is it an academic title only? Or maybe he did a Dr of Naturopathy over the internet?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:37pm
Roadkill wrote:

Campbell is a nurse, not sure how he gets Dr? Is it an academic title only? Or maybe he did a Dr of Naturopathy over the internet?

Campbell received a diploma in nursing from the University of London and Bachelor of Science in biology from the Open University. He subsequently earned a Master of Science in health science from the University of Lancaster and a Ph.D. in nursing education from the University of Bolton.[8] The doctorate was awarded in 2013 for work on developing teaching methods using digital media such as online videos.[8]

DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:58pm
Roadkill wrote:

I’m still laughing at Stu calling you out yesterday…and your acquiesced response…like a bully/teachers pet…all mouthy in the playground but the teacher/Stu looks down and you prove you are nothing of substance. The bully got spanked.

Hardly. Unlike utter clowns such as yourself, I just have a bit of respect for Stu and when I disagree with him I’ll discuss things, even when he’s getting patronising.

Stu still likes to believe that there wasnt systemic lying by our politicians and institutions, yet he was the first to tell you he only got vaccinated in order to prevent possible spread of infection from himself to his kids. He believed the institutional lie that the vaccines prevented transmission. I’m not sure how long it’ll take him- a smarter bloke than most - to reconcile the truth , but I don’t reckon muppets like yourself will ever get there Roadkill. In fact you seem determined to remain ignorant.

Despite the revisionists who seem strangely drawn towards defending the authorities who lied to them, the truth will come out and the notions such as …”No one ever believed that vaccines prevented transmission “ will resurface in all their filthy shame.

In fact most people came to realise that , despite institutional claims otherwise, the virus DID discriminate. That people weren’t all equally susceptible to getting sick enough to require hospitalisation and that they posed virtually zero risk of contributing to an overwhelmed health system*. People knew, either intuitively or through anecdotal account, that it basically only the extremely sick, vulnerable or very old who ever suffered more than flu like symptoms. The data always bore this truth but authorities and doom fetish Henny Pennys always muddied these truths to create exaggerated fear.

The only reason most Australians got vaccinated was because of the institutional lie that vaccines prevent transmission. A social pressure campaign was created which declared that you should get vaccinated to protect the rest of society. This was obvious a lie the whole time. As shown, the authorities knew this full well to be a lie at the time but they had motivations beyond public health concerns and so lie they did.

Here’s one of Swellnet’s perpetual clowns doing his bit to spread the anti-social filth that “only sociopaths don’t get vaccinated to protect society”.
Here’s Hiccups doing his usual Useful Idiot routine :

*Of course now we are post peak covid hysteria it’s also provably obvious that the health system is fucked and has always been overwhelmed, and that the overhyped covid flu only genuinely placed a minuscule amount of added pressure on the health system apart from all the bureaucratic bullshit such as firing unvaccinated health staff, segregated Covid units and quarantining uninfected and completely healthy ‘ Close contacts’ amongst hospital staff.

Now the hospitals are still as overwhelmed and dysfunctional as ever but the government only has themselves to blame now the ‘filthy unvaccinated’ aren’t liable to blame and so the issue becomes a non event once more. Same as it ever was. Story goes cold as crew wait hours and hours in A and E. Government free pours millions more immigrants into the health system and renders it even more utterly inadequate but now the “Overworked and tired nurses “ trope isn’t working in the government’s favour so it’s dropped like a hot pie.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:53pm
Supafreak wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Campbell received a diploma in nursing from the University of London and Bachelor of Science in biology from the Open University. He subsequently earned a Master of Science in health science from the University of Lancaster and a Ph.D. in nursing education from the University of Bolton.[8] The doctorate was awarded in 2013 for work on developing teaching methods using digital media such as online videos.[8]

Ok. Thanks…so not a Dr of medicine. A Dr of using digital media.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:55pm

Speaking of Stu, does swellnet qualify as Mainstream Media? All the owners views on Covid, lockdowns and mandates have aligned. No alternative voice was offered. That would constitute as controlling the narrative of the website would it not? Equate to a form of MSM?
Which is fine, but should be taken into consideration everytime Stu makes comment on these covid threads, or any threads as to the motive of his posts.
Also, speaking of nurses. McGowan shut down the state for months, stopped me and many others from working for refusing to bend over for his jabs, and said it was all for the sake of our health. The health of our people comes first.
Fast forward to now, with the state recording a profit of 6billion bucks over the last year, the same clown refuses to give nurses who are completely overworked a pay rise, even when they are begging for it. There's been weekly strikes, yet no budge from the government. The police too. So where's the concern for peoples health if there's no health care workers, or completely overworked health care workers, while the government sits on 6billion bucks.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:57pm
Roadkill wrote:

Hardly. Unlike utter clowns such as yourself, I just have a bit of respect for Stu and when I disagree with him I’ll discuss things, even when he’s getting patronising.

Stu still likes to believe that there wasnt systemic lying by our politicians and institutions, yet he was the first to tell you he only got vaccinated in order to prevent possible spread of infection from himself to his kids. He believed the institutional lie that the vaccines prevented transmission. I’m not sure how long it’ll take him- a smarter bloke than most - to reconcile the truth , but I don’t reckon muppets like yourself will ever get there Roadkill. In fact you seem determined to remain ignorant.

Despite the revisionists who seem strangely drawn towards defending the authorities who lied to them, the truth will come out and the notions such as …”No one ever believed that vaccines prevented transmission “ will resurface in all their filthy shame.

In fact most people came to realise that , despite institutional claims otherwise, the virus DID discriminate. That people weren’t all equally susceptible to getting sick enough to require hospitalisation and that they posed virtually zero risk of contributing to an overwhelmed health system*. People knew, either intuitively or through anecdotal account, that it basically only the extremely sick, vulnerable or very old who ever suffered more than flu like symptoms. The data always bore this truth but authorities and doom fetish Henny Pennys always muddied these truths to create exaggerated fear.

The only reason most Australians got vaccinated was because of the institutional lie that vaccines prevent transmission. A social pressure campaign was created which declared that yo7 should get vaccinated to protect the rest of society. This was obvious a lie the whole time. The authorities knew it but they had motivations beyond public health concerns and so lie they did.

Here’s one of Swellnet’s perpetual clowns doing his bit to spread the anti-social filth that “only sociopaths don’t get vaccinated to protect society”.
Here’s Hiccups doing his usual Useful Idiot routine :

*Of course now we are post peak covid hysteria it’s also provably obvious that the health system is fucked and has always been overwhelmed, and that the overhyped covid flu only genuinely placed a minuscule amount of added pressure on the health system apart from all the bureaucratic bullshit such as firing unvaccinated health staff, segregated Covid units and quarantining uninfected and completely healthy ‘ Close contacts’ amongst hospital staff.

Now the hospitals are still as overwhelmed and dysfunctional as ever but the government only has themselves to blame now the ‘filthy unvaccinated’ aren’t liable to blame and so the issue becomes a non event once more. Same as it ever was. Story goes cold as crew wait hours and hours in A and E. Government free pours millions more immigrants into the health system and renders it even more utterly inadequate but now the “Overworked and tired nurses “ trope isn’t working in the government’s favour so it’s dropped like a hot pie.

I don’t think you have any real idea what Stu believes, just like you have nfi what I believe.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 8:06pm

Stu is a very level headed bloke and any notion of him toeing an MSM line or a Swellnet editorial mandate is beyond farce. He says his opinion. I don’t always agree with it but I’d doubt that he ever arrived at his perspectives without an open mind, rational thought and good intentions.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 8:13pm

Way off the mark there BD.

I started that COVID thread at the very beginning of the pandemic to track, run primitive scenarios on the exponential increases in cases, possible threat to the health system. Nothing more nothing less and it evolved as we saw.

That thread ran through the whole pandemic, with all views left there to be seen, plain and simple. Commentators could have said if should have been shut down from either sides of the fence.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 8:19pm
bluediamond wrote:

Speaking of Stu, does swellnet qualify as Mainstream Media? All the owners views on Covid, lockdowns and mandates have aligned. No alternative voice was offered. That would constitute as controlling the narrative of the website would it not? Equate to a form of MSM?
Which is fine, but should be taken into consideration everytime Stu makes comment on these covid threads, or any threads as to the motive of his posts. .

What was my view on COVID, BD?

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 8:29pm
sypkan wrote:

I, ...same with others, not sure if it was frog or bonza, who started out as pretty much your SOP anti-vaxxer bagger... but then got wise to what was going on well early, and started asking some good questions with good links...

I think I was pretty careful to not call out anti covid vax as anti vaxx as I saw them from-the very start as complete different things .I still do. I don’t believe I ever called out or harassed anyone for questioning covid vaccine on here. My record is on the thread so happy to be corrected. I came out pretty early to give shortenism his due on this issue. As I have said previously my patience ran out about august -oct last year. I have discussed this recently with Andym and others so my position is clear on this whole issue.
Btw that tablet article eas good thanks syp. Actually It was blue diamond that introduced me to tablet when he posted the Norman doidge articles. Thanks heaps BD.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 8:40pm

At my work the policy was get vaccinated or resign into back then a terrible job market. Been working here 30 years, one income household, had covid already? No matter. Vax or resign. Pretty extreme.

The policy was not set by zealots. It was set by a group of managers who had more or less been bullied into making it by health experts, political leaders and the media. They were pinned to the wall by what-ifs.

What if someone was not vaxxed and spread it to 50 people and 10 died? Imagine the guilt and bad PR.... That sort of outcome seemed a bit of a real possibility at our state of knowledge of the virus in the early to mid 2020s.

Now by mid 2021 we knew a lot more and Israeli research and other studies had shown vaccination to be useful but not a transmission deadend. The serious illness outcome were by then known to be rare and treatment had advanced a lot. Vax rates were already high and so the overload the health system concern was less.

But this maximum pressure to vax message rolled on into 2022.

A soup of group think, madness of crowds, agendas and even "do-gooding" fighting the reeeeesuuuuurch until they looked foolish.

I am vaxxed and not anti Vax but I am anti unjustifiable extreme health and lockdown policies that ignore or are slow to adjust to new knowledge.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 8:48pm

I think supa has been outstanding from the beginning on this whole issue. I’m not saying I agree with him but that’s not the point ,he has always been steadfast with reasonable questions. I’ve enjoyed his contributions. He’s made me search and question so many times.. lost days on here ya bastard

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 8:55pm

stu, ridiculing and belittling those who questioned the narrative (you even questioned me using the term narrative) was a part of it. I recall you being a supporter of lockdowns, stay at homes and acceptance of the vaccines. (hardly level headed as stated above and quite often condescending to anyone that doesn't agree with your views)
@craig, have thought you've been pretty moderate in it, sorry. Guilty by association and your input with data was appreciated.
Ben also been a complete smartarse if you brought up an alternative opinion. Now as the real truth of these vaccines continues to be uncovered. No admission of ever being wrong or maybe having had the wool pulled over your eyes. As for swellnet not being a MSM outlet. Well, it was a question. Not so much an accusation, but i think a fair question. What constitutes mainstream media and does SN fit into that category? @

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 8:58pm

cheers @bonza. That article was very articulate.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 12:52am
bonza wrote:

I think supa has been outstanding from the beginning on this whole issue. I’m not saying I agree with him but that’s not the point ,he has always been steadfast with reasonable questions. I’ve enjoyed his contributions. He’s made me search and question so many times.. lost days on here ya bastard

yep, especially considering some of the outraeous name calling and baggings he received, always maintained a level head ...considering...

I know he could come across a bit ivermectin nutty, but i totally got his standpoint knowing of his experience in indo, and seeing the research he uncovered, re. the US government handing the shit out secretly etc.

and, I don't really do shout outs... but a massive one has to go to tbb, asolutely all over it regarding the research, and calling the big call well before even the (credible) renegade researchers went there.

I feel guilty not engaging in all of his posts due to lacking energy required, his effort being so impressive, but when you did, there were great links and classic humour

well ahead of 'the curve' you might say

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 7:21am
sypkan wrote:
bonza wrote:

yep, especially considering some of the outraeous name calling and baggings he received, always maintained a level head ...considering...

I know he could come across a bit ivermectin nutty, but i totally got his standpoint knowing of his experience in indo, and seeing the research he uncovered, re. the US government handing the shit out secretly etc.

and, I don't really do shout outs... but a massive one has to go to tbb, asolutely all over it regarding the research, and calling the big call well before even the (credible) renegade researchers went there.

I feel guilty not engaging in all of his posts due to lacking energy required, his effort being so impressive, but when you did, there were great links and classic humour

well ahead of 'the curve' you might say

Her Majesty Liz got it right when she said, some recollections may vary.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 7:53am

The CDC director just got COVID. She got the new bivalent booster a month ago. https://sensiblemed.substack.com/p/the-cdc-director-just-got-covid-she This White House is too cozy with Pfizer. They spend too much time talking to Pfizer and too little time talking to experts in evidence-based medicine. Sadly, their internal expertise does not seem to include medicine, evidence, or health policy.

Probably their biggest failure is that they picked the wrong people to run the show. They picked political loyalists, and not the best scientific minds.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 8:05am

BD,

I largely kept out of all matters concerning lockdowns, though I did write a Flyer maintaining that humans are social animals and need to mingle (for which I copped abuse for reckless messaging).

I only use condescension when people first first use aggression and/or patronise me or other commenters.

I got vaccinated because I have two kids who are immuno-compromised.

You accused me of having blood on my hands and it's only by the grace of Ben you're still commenting here.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 9:31am

@bonza , thanks for not necessarily agreeing with me but keeping an open mind and questioning what was going on . @sypkan , you also kept a open mind and I enjoyed our discussions around the origins of covid . TBB was well ahead of the curve in some area’s . He would post things that I would read about months later in the media . I’d love to have a beer and a BBQ with him one day , he has a classic sense of humour.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 10:12am

Many people are suffering from long covid, the long term effects are still vague at best, many, many good people have died prematurely. I bet they and their loved ones would have a completely different perspective and understanding on this whole issue than the gloating back slapping anti authority conspiracy cultists here.
I will always believe that everything that happened was done in good faith by mostly well intended good people trying to do the best in an unprecedented situation. IT was what it was, the world has moved on. So what happened to all the new world order, police state forever, immune system destroying death jab crap you heroes were on about. I guess you must have been ....wrong. Ha Ha. Cheers.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 10:57am

old dog, below is a copy and paste from my first post on this thread. Not conspiracy stuff. More valid concerns about bad policy and the results of a surprising resistance by those with control over policy to new research that did not fit the established group think narrative. I also make some simple suggestions on how it could be done better next time.

"As this thread notes, the pandemic has shown very clearly to many how many politicians, experts and media organisations step smoothly and conscience free into propaganda mode often for what is judged the greater good.

Want very high vaccination rates?

Use excess fear stories and words, sweeping generalisations, sidesteps around awkward but valid research, cancelling, destroy the messenger etc. to herd the " sheep" into the pen.

This time, more than ever before, there has been lasting credibility damage done to experts and research.

I am pro vaccination but almost cringe when I hear the words "medical expert" and "epidemiologist" now. That is a terrible outcome but an own goal.

If they simply had:
- shifted the vaccination goal lower to say 70 to 80%
- protected the vulnerable
- trusted the public a bit more
- looked clear eyed at the data showing covid was not by any means a deadly disease to most

they would never of had to go full fear, full lockdown and full mandate."

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 10:55am
frog wrote:

old dog, below is a copy and paste from my first post on this thread. Not really conspiracy stuff. More valid concerns about bad policy and a surprising resistance to new research that did not fit the group think narrative.

"As this thread notes, the pandemic has shown very clearly to many how many politicians, experts and media organisations step smoothly and conscience free into propaganda mode often for what is judged the greater good.

Use excess fear stories and words, sweeping generalisations, sidesteps around awkward but valid research, cancelling, destroy the messenger etc. to herd the " sheep" into the pen.

This time, more than ever before, there has been lasting credibility damage done to experts and research.

I am pro vaccination but almost cringe when I hear the words "medical expert" and "epidemiologist" now. That is a terrible outcome but an own goal.

If they simply had:
- looked clear eyed at the data showing covid was not by any means a deadly disease to most

frog, it’s easy to say this now….hindsight is a wonderful thing…often used by those with a bias to jump up and down and scream, ad nauseam, we told ya.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:00am

.”So what happened to all the new world order, police state forever, immune system destroying death jab crap you heroes were on about. “

The authoritarianism introduced under the fraudulent excuse of a health emergency has never left. It’s not receded. If anything it’s become more mainstream and obvious.

Prior to covid the concept of censorship was rightfully despised by all and sundry. It was considered a retrograde human error that we’d become enlightened enough as a community to move beyond. Covid was used to usher in and normalise the new move towards censorship that now targets any ideological movement considered unpalatable by authorities. Censorship is widespread and growing. Authorities no longer hide their motivations to silence speech and ideas they find threatening.

The notion of authoritarianism which gained confidence and momentum u der the covid narrative is also beginning to express itself in a range of other ways. The state surveillance and tracking regime was massively enlarged to the point where state sanctioned personal surveillance is accepted as normal where before it would have been condemned. The thin end of the wedge is soon to be expanded to tracking and surveillance under the guise of Carbon tracking and accountability. This concept would never have been allowed traction by society prior to the covid fraud. Soon you will have carbon tracking attached to your living standards. At first they will be voluntary….just like vaccination.

Life pre covid to life post covid are inherently different in many subtle and not so subtle ways. For the most part the seeds sown are lying dormant. People are being given time to adjust to the changes and to forget how their lives were before. Big changes are afoot with or without your consent.

You probably don’t think your life has changed due to the covid fraud. You probably think that the 10% real inflation which is eating away at living standards has nothing to do with it.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:04am
Roadkill wrote:
frog wrote:

old dog, below is a copy and paste from my first post on this thread. Not really conspiracy stuff. More valid concerns about bad policy and a surprising resistance to new research that did not fit the group think narrative.

If they simply had:

frog, it’s easy to say this now….hindsight is a wonderful thing…often used by those with a bias to jump up and down and scream, ad nauseam, we told ya.

Sorry but the whole “ hindsight is 20/20 “trope is just another lie used to excuse malevolence. The Great Barrington declaration has now been recognised as the path we should have taken. At the time there was a coordinated and cynical campaign to dismiss that expert opinion as kooky conspiracy perpetrated by sociopaths and idiots.

People knew the correct way to respond to covid but their voices were marginalised, slandered , suppressed and censored.

Corruption won the day.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:09am

Hindsight is true for the early days. We had a huge amount of uncertainty. But by about August 2021 there was enough solid research information around - we could all by then see Sweden's experience with limited control working okay and huge sample size Israeli studies were by then available - to start to make shifts in policy from fairly strong foundations. These seemed to actively resisted or ignored by many in positions of influence.

Fortunately, Omicron came through and steamrolled through making the firmly established policies look foolish. The science did not shift the approach - lived experience by millions did it.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:09am
Roadkill wrote:
frog wrote:

If they simply had:

Sorry but the whole “ hindsight is 20/20 “trope is just another lie used to excuse malevolence. The Great Barrington declaration has now been recognised as the path we should have taken. At the time there was a coordinated and cynical campaign to dismiss that expert opinion as kooky conspiracy perpetrated by sociopaths and idiots.

People knew the correct way to respond to covid but their voices were marginalised, slandered , suppressed and censored.

Corruption won the day.

blowin is a balanced reasoned bloke that sees the whole picture…said no one ever.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:18am
frog wrote:

Hindsight is true for the early days. We had a huge amount of uncertainty. But by about August 2021 there was enough solid research information around - we could all by then see Sweden's experience with limited control working okay and huge sample size Israeli studies were by then available - to start to make shifts in policy from fairly strong foundations. These seemed to actively resisted or ignored by many in positions of influence.

Fortunately, Omicron came through and steamrolled through making the firmly established policies look foolish. The science did not shift the approach - lived experience by millions did it.

Omicron ended up being a gift…it could have gone the other way also. The Spanish flu in 1918 also showed what the virus should do over time and luckily it did that, but again, it could have gone the other way.

As OD has said… most of what was done was done in good faith. And now we can accept and acknowledge mistakes were made. Again, it could have gone the other way.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:21am

.”So what happened to all the new world order, police state forever, immune system destroying death jab crap you heroes were on about. “

The authoritarianism introduced under the fraudulent excuse of a health emergency has never left. It’s not receded. If anything it’s become more mainstream and obvious.

Prior to covid the concept of censorship was rightfully despised by all and sundry. It was considered a retrograde human error that we’d become enlightened enough as a community to move beyond. Covid was used to usher in and normalise the new move towards censorship that now targets any ideological movement considered unpalatable by authorities. Censorship is widespread and growing. Authorities no longer hide their motivations to silence speech and ideas they find threatening.

The notion of authoritarianism which gained confidence and momentum u der the covid narrative is also beginning to express itself in a range of other ways. The state surveillance and tracking regime was massively enlarged to the point where state sanctioned personal surveillance is accepted as normal where before it would have been condemned. The thin end of the wedge is soon to be expanded to tracking and surveillance under the guise of Carbon tracking and accountability. This concept would never have been allowed traction by society prior to the covid fraud. Soon you will have carbon tracking attached to your living standards. At first they will be voluntary….just like vaccination.

Life pre covid to life post covid are inherently different in many subtle and not so subtle ways. For the most part the seeds sown are lying dormant. People are being given time to adjust to the changes and to forget how their lives were before. Big changes are afoot with or without your consent.

You probably don’t think your life has changed due to the covid fraud. You probably think that the 10% real inflation which is eating away at living standards has nothing to do with it.

“ Life pre covid to life post covid are inherently different in many subtle and not so subtle ways. For the most part the seeds sown are lying dormant. People are being given time to adjust to the changes and to forget how their lives were before. Big changes are afoot with or without your consent.”

what are the big changes that are afoot, blowin?

DudeSweetDudeSweet Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:23am
frog wrote:

Nope. The true severity of covid was known within the first few months of 2020. It was known that the virus was hardly a threat to anyone except the extremely vulnerable. There was never justification for the extreme overreactions. Lockdowns etc were inexcusable. The severity of the virus was exaggerated from day one. It was a sheep in wolf’s clothing. Opportunity for change, profit and control was created with the idea of the virus, they did not result as a consequence of the virus.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:34am
Roadkill wrote:

The authoritarianism introduced under the fraudulent excuse of a health emergency has never left. It’s not receded. If anything it’s become more mainstream and obvious. Carbon credits will be the

“ Life pre covid to life post covid are inherently different in many subtle and not so subtle ways. For the most part the seeds sown are lying dormant. People are being given time to adjust to the changes and to forget how their lives were before. Big changes are afoot with or without your consent.”

The main one is personal carbon tracking and accountability .General governmental and authoritarian intrusion into your lifestyle and suppression of freedoms is another. Carbon credits will be the main one. Backstory justification for that is being constructed now. None of this is a secret. It’s being sold as voluntary and virtuous….just like getting vaccinated and house arrest lockdowns. And just like house arrest lockdowns , those who are making the rules will not be confined by the rules they make. They’ll do what they want, when they want.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:40am
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:44am
Roadkill wrote:

The authoritarianism introduced under the fraudulent excuse of a health emergency has never left. It’s not receded. If anything it’s become more mainstream and obvious. Carbon credits will be the

The main one is personal carbon tracking and accountability .General governmental and authoritarian intrusion into your lifestyle and suppression of freedoms is another. Carbon credits will be the main one. Backstory justification for that is being constructed now. None of this is a secret. It’s being sold as voluntary and virtuous….just like getting vaccinated and house arrest lockdowns. And just like house arrest lockdowns , those who are making the rules will not be confined by the rules they make. They’ll do what they want, when they want.

Could you get any more general in your conspiracy theory? I don’t think so.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:46am

Omicron was very convenient. Let’s put it that way.
Easy to blame the new guy however as Blowin said covid was only ever a threat to the half dead. Just like a flu or any other virus. This was known very early on but blurred by censorship and misinformation.

Governments knew what they were doing from the beginning.

They were set vaccination targets by any means possible.

Covid deaths were heavily inflated to suit the narrative, we still don’t know the numbers at actual covid deaths vs “with” covid deaths.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:53am

There was no science driving any of the covid response for all of 2020 and 2021 simply because there was no data to base it on.

The response was purely unjustified fear based hysterical herd behaviour combined with highly effective public relations, advertising and marketing usage use of the media by the vaccine companies, as they do in just going about their normal day-to-day business.

We are only starting to get enough data now for actual “science” to start taking place. What it’s showing is that all of 2020 and 2021 was a gigantic mistake: covid is not a threat, the response was unnecessary, the vaccines are not much better than a placebo are are not required anyway.

This has nothing to do with hindsight. There were highly intelligent, educated, experienced, respected, high-standing, moderate people saying this from the very start, but their previous lifetime of intelligent opinion and valuable contribution to society was completely discredited and their reputations shattered in one fell swoop, simply by trying to voice an intelligent opinion.

There is no justification for how these people were treated and for ignoring their viewpoint and instead deciding to go with the most extreme hysterical fear based response.

These people are now only starting to have the courage to speak out again now that the actual data is beginning to be there and allow some actual science to start taking place.

The whole covid episode is one of the biggest disgraces to humanity I have ever witnessed.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 11:57am

Remember the propaganda videos from China with people falling dead in the street?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 12:15pm
udo wrote:

From the U.S.
https://www.self.com/story/why-is-nobody-getting-updated-covid-booster

The bottom line: Now is the time to get your COVID-19 booster (and flu shot), which will help keep you and those around you safe, Dr. Russo says. Getting boosted, if you’re eligible, truly is a civic duty, Dr. Javaid adds: “We are all in this together, and we need to think about [boosters] as community service.” ……. Maybe the low % of uptake for the new booster is more down to people no longer trusting the ‘ experts ‘

DudeSweetDudeSweet Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 12:47pm

One of the main outcomes from covid is the way the concept of Wrongthink was formalised. For the past fifty years or so, post communism threat, th3 West has seen endless debates on infinite topics but dissent was always permitted. The Health Emergency was used to usher in the official disallowing of incorrect thought. Society was seeded with the idea that aggressive social pressure be applied to errant thinking citizens. People were institutionally and systemically encouraged to openly ostracise, persecute and discriminate against people guilty of Wrongthink.

This urge to ignore humanity and expel someone from society at the behest of authority is potentially the most powerful force created and unleashed during the covid Fraud.

It’s only a matter of time before this technique is used again to subjugate dissent against authority. There’s been no backlash against its deplorable use against innocent civilians during the last few years and no lessons have been learnt.

People wonder why I’m still intrigued and alarmed by the covid era. It’s not because of some flu-like virus, my interest is now in assessing exactly what occurred during that time, what it all means and how it bodes for the future.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 3:38pm

Yep, well said. It’s exactly what happened.