Mainstream Media Vs the culture of resuuuuurch.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond started the topic in Wednesday, 23 Feb 2022 at 4:39pm

Just browsing the online shitrag that is News.com today and came across this article on the Queen and how it was portrayed she was using Ivermectin, when according to the article she wasn't. Note the language used..particularly the use of the word 'dangerous'.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/channel-9-apolo...
Then i looked up an article about Ivermectin pre Covid and found this one...
https://www.isglobal.org/en/healthisglobal/-/custom-blog-portlet/ivermec...
Note the line: "Because of its excellent safety profile and broad spectrum of activity, ivermectin is catalogued by the World Health Organisation as an essential medicine and is regarded by many as a "magic bullet" for global health."
Alot of talk on these forums lately is about trusting the science, listening to the experts, most of which use the big media giants as their platforms to broadcast information. If you choose to question what is pumped out adnauseum to you these days you're labelled a tin foil hatter, a conspiracy theorist and accused of posting misinformation.
I just wonder what other peoples thoughts are on the media narrative as opposed to doing your own research. I once trusted the media alot more, however in this day and age, when we have soooo much information available at the touch of a keypad, some false, some verifiable, it's hard to trust the media when you can easily catch them out in blatant lies, or at the very least, misleading the public as shown above.
Anyway, that's my thoughts. Wondering on others. Just gonna read, not going to chirp in on this one.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 19 Oct 2022 at 2:29pm
AndyM wrote:
burleigh wrote:

What's your thoughts on this AndyM?

floods in Victoria are bad. SES still require 2 doses of Covid vaccine to volunteer.

With EVERYTHING we now know about Covid and the dodgy vaccine.

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/coronavirus/victorias-vaccine-...

Mate you'e putting forward posts saying someone (presumably the government) is "intentionally flooding out eastern Australia" by means of "geo engineering,"

Beyond absurd.

no i didnt. You've lost it.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 19 Oct 2022 at 2:29pm
udo wrote:

https://www.therealanthonyfaucimovie.com/trailer?sub4=a692b7bdcea043e49f...

Looking forward to watching this tonight.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 19 Oct 2022 at 2:43pm
udo wrote:

Pharmaceutical companies falsified efficacy and bribed their way into legitimacy by corrupt individuals and compromised institutions in order to make billions of dollars profit.

Sure they’ve done it dozens of times before and been caught doing it. But they’d never do it for Covid . It’s too deadly*! Lol

*99.998% survival rate in unvaccinated individuals.

BTW…if you enjoy a bit of irony then it pays to remember that the bloke who started this thread was still saying that we should lock down for covid only a little over a year ago. He sure did his resuuuuuurch!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 19 Oct 2022 at 5:55pm
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:
udo wrote:

Pharmaceutical companies falsified efficacy and bribed their way into legitimacy by corrupt individuals and compromised institutions in order to make billions of dollars profit.

Sure they’ve done it dozens of times before and been caught doing it. But they’d never do it for Covid . It’s too deadly*! Lol

BTW…if you enjoy a bit of irony then it pays to remember that the bloke who started this thread was still saying that we should lock down for covid only a little over a year ago. He sure did his resuuuuuurch!

I’m not understanding you here DSDS , BD started this thread , are you talking about a different thread ?

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Wednesday, 19 Oct 2022 at 6:02pm

If I click on that link a dangerous scam waning comes up from my security.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 19 Oct 2022 at 6:29pm
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 19 Oct 2022 at 6:22pm
old-dog wrote:

If I click on that link a dangerous scam waning comes up from my security.

ohhhhh dangerous. Let me guess............. Microsoft?

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 19 Oct 2022 at 7:09pm
Supafreak wrote:
udo wrote:

I’m not understanding you here DSDS , BD started this thread , are you talking about a different thread ?

Yup. I sure as hell didn't say that!!

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 19 Oct 2022 at 7:37pm
bluediamond wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
udo wrote:

Yup. I sure as hell didn't say that!!

Yep. My mistake. I thought Facto started this thread.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 19 Oct 2022 at 7:43pm
udo wrote:

Not really my thing but i still watch it.

There has been a cluster of pushing the envelope social political type docco's of late.

Just last week "The greatest lie ever sold" was released
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20256556/

And the other month "What is a women"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20256528/

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 9:12am
udo wrote:

Got through half last night before I fell asleep. Incredible viewing no matter your take on the Covid vaccine. It goes much deeper than just Covid.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 9:29am
AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 9:56am

It's a trap!
Look closely at that photo - that's Bill Gates on the right.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 10:22am
frog wrote:

The madness of crowds can make strong patterns that resemble a centrally controlled conspiracy - just like a flock of birds can make amazing shapes. If a handful of influential birds in the flock have a plan that benefits them in some way, that is plausible to the masses, it can quite easily be put into practice creating a pattern that suits them. If fear is in the mix, it becomes even easier.

Cool story.

Plausible, but very, very unlikely.

I love how conspiracy theorists and peoeple who entertain such ideas believe the elites (or just, they/them - not the pronouns, you know, the one's who control us!) operate in harmony, and easily work together in full secrecy to execute plans.

Humans are not birds, they're emotional and egotistical.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 10:25am
AndyM wrote:

It's a trap!

It truly sucks that you try to delegitimise viable concerns with your lizard people contrail rubbish.

Pharmaceutical companies have been lying, bribing and flippantly casting aside morality in pursuit of profits forever. It’s a shame that you have cemented yourself into such an unlikely stance as defending them unconditionally , despite their proven criminality and repeatedly villainous behaviour. You’re better than that.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 10:28am
Stok wrote:
frog wrote:

The madness of crowds can make strong patterns that resemble a centrally controlled conspiracy - just like a flock of birds can make amazing shapes. If a handful of influential birds in the flock have a plan that benefits them in some way, that is plausible to the masses, it can quite easily be put into practice creating a pattern that suits them. If fear is in the mix, it becomes even easier.

Cool story.

I love how conspiracy theorists and peoeple who entertain such ideas believe the elites (or just, they/them - not the pronouns, you know, the one's who control us!) operate in harmony, and easily work together in full secrecy to execute plans.

Full secrecy? You’re fucking kidding right? How many times do you need to be shown video evidence of the CEOs of pharma companies, Presidents and health officials openly lying ? A good percentage of the planet is aware of the theatre and the rest of the planet is aware of the accusations, yet you think this is all unfolding in secret ?

Mind blown.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 10:41am

Where do pig pharma director’s do their apprenticeship ? https://qz.com/1656529/yet-another-fda-commissioner-joins-the-pharmaceut...

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 10:48am
AndyM wrote:

It's a trap!

Haha, that's funny.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 10:54am

Whoa ….what’s with this weirdo, tinfoil hat conspiracy that the FDA could possibly be bribed into accomodating the villainous and immoral pharma corporations ?

That’s pizzagate Qanon stuff!

Next you’ll be telling me that the President of the United States was open to bribery! That’s whacko! What…you think that crew just buy the President by using his son’s art as proxy vehicle to launder the corruption! Crazy, crazy imagination some people have!

https://www.9news.com.au/world/hunter-biden-art-sales-corruption-allegat...

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 10:53am

DSDS

I was generally referring to the underlying theme in this thread that there's a synchronous level of control between all levels of government and media, orchestrated by elites. Which is laughable.

Sure there's been plenty of scandals and corruption, but these are not uncovered through social media or by the likes of individuals who trawl this thread posting their ideas. Also, none of these scandals have shown the multi layered control which apparently is quite easy to pull off.

Anyway - I think you need to understand lying and simply not knowing all the relevant pieces information are different. The 'lies' people keep referring to here are not as black and white as the media present them.

But whatever, you've already decided the world is evil based on your ubiquitous knowledge all of things happening (and that have happened).

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 11:01am

You’re basically saying that it’s not plausible for corruption to permeate multiple levels of government and bureaucracy whilst public scrutiny is upon them. Too much coordinated and illicit behaviour to be viable under scrutiny.

Sure bloke. You taken any notice of the way the entire state of NSW is too to bottom geared towards the grey and black zone legality of developer’s interests? By your accounting such blanket corruption and unethical behaviour isn’t possible. Yet it happens every single minute of every single day.

I think your problem is that you’re wedded to this erroneous and naive belief that coordinated criminality isn’t possible on a large, even an international scale.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 11:05am

“I was generally referring to the underlying theme in this thread that there's a synchronous level of control between all levels of government and media, orchestrated by elites. Which is laughable”

That’s laughably stupid. Who owns the media and why do you think they buy and own loss-making media in the first place? Who do you think controls government appointments? If I told you that Murdoch must first give approval to the appointment of a new LNP leader you’d probably nod enthusiastically in agreement or that it’s Murdoch and his ilk who Shepard the careers of people he thinks are useful ….yet you think that’s the end of it?

WTF?

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 11:07am

I don’t think the world is evil. I think that most people are not evil. But I know that evil people can and do act in collusion and unison in order to further their own interests, just as do people who aren’t evil. Why you think this behaviour is not possible and not reality is beyond me.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 11:20am
Stok wrote:
frog wrote:

Cool story.

Very very unlikey??

Not so. We just saw it if full force with Covid. The flock formed a strong pattern around certain key messages - lockdown is good and a price worth paying, covid very dangerous, vaccines stop transmission, Pfizer good vaccine - AstraZeneca not good, kids need vaccinating despite minimal symptoms, masks are very effective. All of these were given weight, way beyond the kernel of truth in each, taking public policy and political and media messaging into extremes and ignoring new facts as they emerged.

We saw it in full swing with WMD and the Iraq war. We saw it with Nazis in WWII.

We have seen multiple flocks group around other worldwide narratives in the last two years - around crypto hype, NFT hype, Russians did it, woke stuff, cancel culture, oil is evil - EV is good etc. The madness of crowds is everywhere. It happens because humans are emotional and egotistical. Wall Street lives off this.

Behind many of these there are agendas - influential birds and groups of birds guiding the flock to various purposes. Power and money often are the motivators. The influencers don't need to control everything centrally to the extent of say the CCP - but they can still build huge movements and penalize those with alternative views very easily. The media jumps on board many with repeated enthusiasm and cites the experts that suit the narrative and freeze out the rest.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 11:20am
frog wrote:
Stok wrote:
frog wrote:

Cool story.

Very very unlikey??

Not so. We just saw it if full force with Covid. The flock formed a strong pattern around certain key messages - lockdown is good and a price worth paying, covid very dangerous, vaccines stop transmission, Pfizer good vaccine - AstraZeneca not good, kids need vaccinating despite minimal symptoms, masks are very effective. All of these were given weight way beyond the kernel of truth in each taking public policy and political and media messaging into extremes and ignoring new facts as they emerged.

We saw it with WMD and the Iraq war. We saw it with Nazis in WWII

We have seen multiple flocks group around other worldwide narratives in the last two years - around crypto hype, NFT hype, Russians did it, woke stuff cancel culture The madness of crowds is everywhere. It happens because humans are emotional and egotistical.

Behind many of these there are agendas - influential birds and groups of birds guiding the flock to various purposes. Power and money often are the motivators. The influencers don't need to control everything centrally to the extent of say the CCP - but they can still build huge movements and penalize those with alternative views very easily.

It seems Stok doesn’t even know the true reason that MSM media exists at all. He seems to think it exists to keep people objectively informed about events…lol.

I’m sure that’s why Gina Rheinhart tried to buy the SMH ….because her solid gold heart wanted the plebs to be able to make informed political decisions!

Lololol

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 11:28am

Yep DSDS, Murdoch has made a loss from The Australian for decades but does not really mind as it suits his purpose. He bought the Wall St journal because it is an important piper that plays the tune Wall St dances to. If you know the tune before it is played you can invest accordingly a day, a week or a year before the masses do to your benefit.

This is not a theory. I have watched it for over a decade as cycles of doom and gloom stories push down the markets then suddenly, in synchronization, the stories find the silver linings where often not much has really changed and the market moves up. Providing the dominant narrative outweighs the other views by a good ratio it largely calls the shots.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 12:41pm

Isn't that the great thing about internet forums.

Say whatever you want, with whatever level of conviction and surety.

I'm a strong skeptic of people who claim to know what's going on, outside of their life's work (or at least their life's passion/non work related hobby). We're all incredibly weak and futile against the waves upon waves of biased propaganda which gets sent out way. To confidently say you see through it, and are 'sure' of something, or are not spouting theories, to me is a sign of ignorance.

My position on conspiracies, and the title of this thread, is MSM OR doing your own resurch are basically as worthless as each other. I would credit MSM as slightly higher in value than someone with no expertise doing their own research (which is what I assume this forum is made up of - prove me wrong!).

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 12:59pm

It’s not doing your own research to objectively observe the behaviour and outcomes of actions. I’m not sitting in a lab watching test tubes in order to come to the conclusion that the President of the USA, the CEO of Pfizer and the highest officials in the Western sphere’s most powerful medical authorities are lying when they say vaccines prevent transmission of a virus. The truth is in my face every day when vaccinated people catch the virus.

They lied about so many things which are obvious to the most casual observer. To then claim it’s a conspiracy theory because they deny these lies is ridiculous.

If you walk outside and stand under a blazing blue sky whilst someone is telling you it’s raining, would you claim it’s amateur resuuurch and conspiracy theory to question their claim? The only people telling you it’s conspiracy theory are the same people who lied to you in the first place.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 1:16pm

Remember when Joe Biden’s crack addicted son was being paid $50,000 per month by a Ukraine energy company, despite Biden’s son having literally zero knowledge or experience in the energy industry, all whilst Biden was Vice President in charge of dealing contracts in Ukrainian energy companies?

And you were told that any idea of possible bribery or corruption was an unhinged conspiracy theory ?

Are you not seeing a pattern here?

You think only those who are familiar with the energy industry are capable of spotting the potential for corruption in that instance and anyone else is just engaged in amateur resuuurch conspiracy theories?

I honestly don’t get how someone able to string together a sentence is capable of suspending disbelief long enough to conceive this stuff as far out imaginings of tin foil hat wearers. This is all bog standard corruption. It’s only the scale and scope that convinces you that it couldn’t possibly be pedestrian con artistry and criminality.

People accept the big lie purely because of its size.

We are all familiar with the term “Snake oil salesman”. It’s a generic term for someone peddling products of fraudulent benefit. It’s a term that’s been around for hundreds of years. You know which industry Snake Oil salesman belonged ?

The pharmaceutical industry. That’s how long they’ve been peddling con artistry bull shit.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 1:11pm

"The only people telling you it’s conspiracy theory are the same people who lied to you in the first place."

exactly

repeated and amplified by a compliant cohort who bought into it

amd it continues to this very day

unbelievably so

the bullshit still being peddled on the abc is criminal

and they are one of the better more trustworthy of sources

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 1:36pm

the antivax crowd lied more than any govt or pharma company.....from up on their pedestal they now scream lies...we told you so.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 2:05pm

"...I'm a strong skeptic of people who claim to know what's going on, outside of their life's work (or at least their life's passion/non work related hobby). We're all incredibly weak and futile against the waves upon waves of biased propaganda which gets sent out way. To confidently say you see through it, and are 'sure' of something, or are not spouting theories, to me is a sign of ignorance..."

you said it dude!

and you are a shining example of it

which isn't meant as a put down, just an observation. my experience with my professional friends, is they are kinda ignorant wide of their field

people just don't have the time to research everything, and the way information is now 'curated' they are blatantly, shamelessly - nefariously - led astray

fact is, we are all shaped by our experiences... and we all have vested interests... if you're fully bought into the science machine (even casually) you'll defend it to the bitter end... with religious fervour... especially in the current climate...

another fact is, some people are way better at objectivity than others - even amongst professionals

and, some people are good at big picture thinking and patterns, and others are good at attention to detail, there's roles for both...

blowin is fortunate to be semi retired and self funded, and despite being heavily invested in the stocks and real estate, he's shown he's objective enough to criticise and tear down these vested interests, against his own interests - he clearly reads widely, and cares for shit beyond his dome

plenty of his adversaries on here constantly show their bias - whilst constantly calling him biased... they are 'invested' in a different manner... totally invested... they also are prolific readers, but their choice of material is so narrow they have been proven plain ignorant (misled, or ideologues...) ...time and time again...

even when they have identified the need for, and pledged to be more open minded and account for wider perspectives...

blindboy and a few others are prime examples...

his / their sources are just peddling plain bullshit

this isn't a flat out bagging of them, its just how the contemporary world/s have developed

the hunter biden story is the primest of prime examples. if you haven't opened your echo chamber, its still acceptable to believe its all just 'misinformation' of one form or another...

i 'd say that perspective is about to be blown clean out of the water

indisputeably!

but some will still resist... still hang on to what they 'believe' to be true...

such is the modern world

there are countless other examples, easily overlooked, and moved right on along from... if you're not paying attention...

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 1:45pm

Please excuse us from not paying any attention to your opinions Roadkill. You were basically the worst kind of human imaginable during the covid years and your ability to swallow and parrot obvious lies was legendary. This disqualifies you from having any credibility going forward.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 1:46pm
Roadkill wrote:

the antivax crowd lied more than any govt or pharma company.....from up on their pedestal they now scream lies...we told you so.

the thing is roadkill, anyone who wasn't too invested in either camp would agree with you...

however, I expect a better and more ethical standard from your dr. faucci's and cdc's than I do from an instagram lifestyle guru...

too idealistic?

I don't think so

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 2:13pm

I just am yet to see clear evidence of lies. Lies as in real lies. Not inconsistencies in messaging, or gaps in knowledge, or by simply having the wrong spokesperson front the media at the wrong time.

I've seen media outlets report on these inconsistencies in messaging. I've then seen commentators with clear agendas piece together these inconsistencies in messaging, and claim it to be lying. Claiming that the intention for the supposed lies were for greed, control or whatever other evil agenda they dream up. I can see through that BS like it is a clear sheet of glass.

Can someone show me something categorical, which i may have missed, which shows that lying has occurred in a strategic fashion, for reasons that could be consider as 'not for the greater good'?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 2:27pm

the transmission one isn't good enough for you?

really?

I guess you could argue it was ignorance, or 'for the greater good'...

maybe...

but really... the dudes at the top knew...

I even posted an article a good 12 months ago that knew... from a lowly plebian journalist...

and, the vitriol, divisiveness, and righteousness with how that lie was spread was next level...

plus; the mandates: the boosters; the booster's mandates; and the push to vax kids... 5 yo's ffs!

it became criminal... it it wasn't already intially...

the abc is still pushing it!

(in a much meeker, much more considered manner)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 2:30pm

So what category does this fall into ? Is it a lie or simply misleading in its messaging ? Or maybe a gap in knowledge ? Do ya reckon Fauci was allowed to see all the data ? or was he supposed to wait 75 years like everyone else ? https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/553773-fauci-vaccinated-p...

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 2:45pm

It's a fairly simple connotation to make - less viral load, less chance of passing it on. And a (at face value) reasonable claim to make during that time, with the knowledge available.

We're now seeing a concentrated effort from parties to claim that the vaccine did nothing, and that the CDC lied. They seem to be simply pulling statements such as this, and comparing it against vaccine performance against Omicron (which didn't exist mid 2021), even though it was pretty well communicated that the vaccines did not perform as well against Omicron.

Oh, and yes @Sykan, the 'transmission' one isn't good enough for me.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 2:50pm

Nope. Plenty of unashamed lying went on and it’s been put up here too often for you to claim in good faith that you’ve not seen it or that it’s ambiguous. I’m afraid you’re so deep in the rabbit hole that you still think the mandated product- shifting of blanket injecting every person on Earth was done chasing some greater good. When you accept that the vaccines never stopped transmission and that the benefits of the injection for healthy persons was not statistically significant ie not observably beneficial, then you can start to recognise the scope of the fraud.

First you’ve got to admit to yourself the proven fact that 99.998% of unvaccinated people survive the virus. It’s got a lower fatality rate than seasonal flu. The entire edifice of lies is built on you not recognising this truth.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 2:58pm

“Oh, and yes @Sykan, the 'transmission' one isn't good enough for me.”

Huh? That lie was justification for everything. The mandates, the coercion, the delayed lockdowns, the sackings, the travel bans. The institutional discrimination and persecution of innocent people.

Yet the lie that the vaccines prevent transmission is no biggie to you.

It’s like telling you that a fire doesn’t need oxygen. . It’s was a fundamental lie underpinning the whole fraud. And it’s now publicly revealed to be a lie ….and it means nothing to you.

What?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 2:59pm

Nope. Plenty of unashamed lying went on and it’s been put up here too often for you to claim in good faith that you’ve not seen it or that it’s ambiguous. I’m afraid you’re so deep in the rabbit hole that you still think the mandated product- shifting of blanket injecting every person on Earth was done chasing some greater good. When you accept that the vaccines never stopped transmission and that the benefits of the injection for healthy persons was not statistically significant ie not observably beneficial, then you can start to recognise the scope of the fraud.

First you’ve got to admit to yourself the proven fact that 99.998% of unvaccinated people survive the virus. It’s got a lower fatality rate than seasonal flu. The entire edifice of lies is built on you not recognising this truth.

The survival rate is far greater now than in the beginning...that is because over time new treatments are introduced and a greater understanding of how the virus reacts. As time goes on the virus weakens and changes and as such the survival rates will increase....a 12 year old biology student is able to grasp this fact that blowin misses.

blowin again pretending he is an expert after the fact...this clown will never acknowledge how little he knew and how much he dribbled was wrong as he was suckered in by other equally stupid covidiots.

unashamed lying

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:02pm

Also noticed is your language saying “ …the transmission one isn’t enough”.

The transmission ONE ?!? It is a lie. You can’t even bring yourself to say that the lie about the injection preventing transmission was actually a lie. Instead you danced around it to deny it credibility. Fortunately your opinion does not alter the facts.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:09pm

Nope. The survival rate for unvaccinated healthy people was always 99.998%. The only people who ever claimed otherwise were lying in order to make the virus seem scarier. Fraudulent modelling was quoted to provide fraudulent pseudo-scientific basis for the fraudulent covid threat.

Screen shot taken from the Australian Sunrise show at the start of April 2020 . The aim of the lie was to panic the population and make them easier to coerce and control. By April 2020, scientists had months of studying the virus and were well aware of its actual threat. This threat was exaggerated beyond comprehension :

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:09pm

Stok said , “It's a fairly simple connotation to make - less viral load, less chance of passing it on. And a (at face value) reasonable claim to make during that time, with the knowledge available.” ………. With the knowledge available ? So Fauci didn’t know that transmission trials hadn’t been conducted ? WOW ! did he just go , Pfizer says it’s all good no corners cut and that’s good enough for me ? Or did he know that the trials hadn’t been done ? Do you really believe he had no knowledge of what trials had and hadn’t been carried out ?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:05pm
Stok wrote:

I just am yet to see clear evidence of lies. Lies as in real lies. Not inconsistencies in messaging, or gaps in knowledge, or by simply having the wrong spokesperson front the media at the wrong time.

I've seen media outlets report on these inconsistencies in messaging. I've then seen commentators with clear agendas piece together these inconsistencies in messaging, and claim it to be lying. Claiming that the intention for the supposed lies were for greed, control or whatever other evil agenda they dream up. I can see through that BS like it is a clear sheet of glass.

Can someone show me something categorical, which i may have missed, which shows that lying has occurred in a strategic fashion, for reasons that could be consider as 'not for the greater good'?

Yep, would love to have these lies clearly laid out.

With a huge gap in knowledge in a fast changing survival environment assumptions were made based of what should happen...statements were made that are now being re evaluated and deficiencies in statements are being acknowledged.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:08pm

Nope. The survival rate for unvaccinated healthy people was always 99.998%. The only people who ever claimed otherwise were lying in order to make the virus seem scarier.

fuck you really are an idiot...to take the survival rate for unvacinated healthy people and use it to make claims over everyone to suit your bias shows how pathetic your continued stupidity is.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:08pm
Stok wrote:

Agree.

For me, the whole thing has shown how little capacity people have for coping with a complex, chaotic world.

Understand that since modernity the world has always been this way. Nothing is black and white. The most virtuous public benefit can have a dark element. A singular vision may require multiple enablers, each with their own slightly differing vision. People will adopt strange bedmates if working towards the same goal.

The difference here was one of scale and consequence.

This was a fast-moving, largely unprecedented, event, that required a co-ordination unknown outside of war. Rushed pan-national bureaucratic decisions were made amid ever-changing data so the cumbersome infrastructure was never, ever going to be able to respond in a timely manner. Lay this over an atomised, underfunded, clunky media ladscape and you've got the ingredients for mayhem.

The number of times I read people claiming that others were lieing was astonishing. Mostly the charges just didn't add up. They still don't. I can only assume the accusation feels good.

Even now, right here on this page there are people who still, after all these years, don't understand how vaccines work. I've given up second-guessing if that's idiocy or wilful ignorance.

The other thing I learnt is that the people who screamed about lieing, from either side, just aren't worth listening to.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:23pm

Perhaps the most incredible part of all this is the way the lie is still to this very day being played out in China. The covid fraud is still being perpetrated on Chinese society. All these ridiculous claims of “ the situation unfolded so fast, we didn’t have time to react” completely miss the point that the threat was deliberately overplayed from Day One.

Just as the threat is still being overplayed in China right now. Chinese are locked in their homes FFS. Yet somehow some people have the naive notion that “sure, the Chinese might be gullible to fall for that lie but we know better! “

You don’t know better. You’re still believing the lie.

The world isn’t more complicated than it was a hundred years ago when communists starved millions of people. You seem to think that human nature has improved because we have dishwashers and wifi. It hasn’t. Powerful people created a lie and their power sustained that lie. The power of the CCP is still sustaining that lie.

I haven’t given up guessing the thinking behind those who still have residual bullshit resting in their brains even whilst they can objectively and abstractly witness the exact same bullshit they were subjected to still being peddled elsewhere. I reckon it’s naïveté in some and blunt stupidity in others.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:39pm

You have the conviction of a religious man.

Sharing some other qualities too.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:59pm

its not really that complex...

"..."Efficacious” is the term used to describe how effective a treatment is in the artificial situation of a clinical trial with volunteer patients, a group not always representative of the wider population; “effective” is the term used to describe how a treatment works in the real world. The media quickly assumed the two were the same. To them, hearing that a vaccine was “95% efficacious” meant it was practically perfect, which the press repeated over and over.

But what exactly were the vaccines “efficacious” at doing? Stopping viral transmission? Preventing severe illness, or reducing hospitalization, or ICU admissions? Preventing death? Efficacious for how long? And efficacious in whom? In the elderly, who were most vulnerable to death? Without clear definitions and answers to these questions—typical of much of the coverage—Americans only had a limited idea, really, of what these vaccines had been shown to do in the narrow universe of clinical trials, let alone what they’d do when given to the public. In fact, they didn’t receive answers to a single one of these questions.

Moreover, there was still a cloud of mystery surrounding the trials. After pressure mounted in the wake of the AstraZeneca revelation in September, the four major Western vaccine manufacturers finally released their protocols, each over 100 pages long. After the protocols were released, Peter Doshi, an associate editor at the British Medical Journal who does research into drug approval processes and how results are communicated to the public, tried to sound an alarm: “None of the trials currently underway are designed to detect a reduction in any serious outcome such as hospital admissions, use of intensive care, or deaths,” he said.

Only one of the studies, of the Oxford AstraZeneca, looked at whether vaccinated individuals were less likely to transmit virus by doing weekly polymerase chain reaction (PCR) swabbing. Vaccinated people had lower viral loads, were less likely to have a positive COVID test, and were positive for shorter durations—very good news indeed, though not automatically applicable to the other mRNA vaccine studies. So what were these clinical trial studies that showed 95% and 94% efficacy looking at, if not saving lives and viral transmission?

Consider that researchers can set up a study to examine whether a vaccine prevents a person from experiencing any or all of the following events, sometimes called “endpoints”..."

'practically perfect'

as the definition of 'vaccines' goes

the old definition that is... the one before the WHO changed the definition...

its lies