Mainstream Media Vs the culture of resuuuuurch.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond started the topic in Wednesday, 23 Feb 2022 at 4:39pm

Just browsing the online shitrag that is News.com today and came across this article on the Queen and how it was portrayed she was using Ivermectin, when according to the article she wasn't. Note the language used..particularly the use of the word 'dangerous'.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/channel-9-apolo...
Then i looked up an article about Ivermectin pre Covid and found this one...
https://www.isglobal.org/en/healthisglobal/-/custom-blog-portlet/ivermec...
Note the line: "Because of its excellent safety profile and broad spectrum of activity, ivermectin is catalogued by the World Health Organisation as an essential medicine and is regarded by many as a "magic bullet" for global health."
Alot of talk on these forums lately is about trusting the science, listening to the experts, most of which use the big media giants as their platforms to broadcast information. If you choose to question what is pumped out adnauseum to you these days you're labelled a tin foil hatter, a conspiracy theorist and accused of posting misinformation.
I just wonder what other peoples thoughts are on the media narrative as opposed to doing your own research. I once trusted the media alot more, however in this day and age, when we have soooo much information available at the touch of a keypad, some false, some verifiable, it's hard to trust the media when you can easily catch them out in blatant lies, or at the very least, misleading the public as shown above.
Anyway, that's my thoughts. Wondering on others. Just gonna read, not going to chirp in on this one.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:48pm

or 'misleading' I guess...

depending how invested you are

"...rious observers argued that there was reason to consider that COVID may have leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and perhaps even may have been engineered by gain-of-function (GoF) research, in which a natural virus is made more contagious and lethal, ostensibly to see if the scientists can “get ahead” of nature, and to study how it operates in order to make new vaccines or medications, or for biological warfare. GoF is so controversial that in 2014 President Barack Obama put a moratorium on it. In 2017, Drs. Fauci and Francis Collins, then director of the NIH, who had opposed the moratorium, succeeded in having it lifted.

But Fauci asserted that the scientists who were in a position to judge the COVID situation concluded that its origin was natural. The media followed suit, and called those who thought otherwise “conspiracy theorists.” The New York Times, Washington Post, and others called the possibility of a lab leak a “conspiracy theory” that had been “debunked.”

May 11, Fauci appeared in front of a Senate hearing. “The NIH and NIAID categorically has not funded gain-of-function research to be conducted in the Wuhan Institute of Virology,” he said. Yet, in a circumvention of the Obama administration’s 2014 moratorium, and to the disapproval of many in the U.S. scientific community, Fauci’s agency did fund a U.S. company called EcoHealth Alliance, which then facilitated GoF research in collaboration with the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Indeed, from June 2014 to May 2019, Fauci’s agency funded EcoHealth and Peter Daszak—a well-known GoF researcher who subcontracted the grant to the Wuhan lab, where GoF research on bat viruses was conducted and led by Dr. Shi Zhengli—and which wasn’t subject to the U.S. government moratorium.

Dr. Francis Collins, then head of the NIH, had told the House Appropriations Subcommittee that the NIH did not fund GoF in Wuhan. But later, after Fauci reversed his prior claim and said it was possible, Collins also backtracked. “We of course do not have internal insight as to what was going on in the Wuhan Institute of Virology,” he said. Both reversals came only after the plausibility of the lab leak theory started to gain mainstream acceptance, and public pressure mounted.

While Fauci’s denial in the Senate might have been technically accurate, it was misleading: Neither agency directly funded this kind of research, but did do so through a third party. As it turned out, Fauci himself wrote in 2012 that he, like GoF critics, could imagine “an important gain-of-function experiment involving a virus with serious pandemic potential,” whereby “an unlikely but conceivable turn of events” leads to an infection of someone in the lab “and ultimately triggers a pandemic.” Nonetheless, he wrote, for “the resulting knowledge” such research might yield, it was worth the risk.

In June, the question of what Fauci knew and when he knew it came up in his emails, which showed that, although he denied to Congress that his organization funded experiments at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, it had. On Feb 1, 2020, Fauci sent two emails to his staff about a “gain of function” study the NIH had approved, in which he referred to “SARS Gain of Function.” His denial of NIH involvement ultimately proved unconvincing, since funding of it was already part of the NIH committee and grant paper trail. Shi Zhengli, the head of the Wuhan Institute of Virology, co-authored a paper about constructing a superlethal virus, which appeared in Nature Medicine in 2015, and specifically thanked the NIH and EcoHealth for funding her work. A 2017 research article, also with Shi Zhengli as co-author, not only qualifies as GoF research, but “epitomizes” it—and specifically states that it was funded by an NIH-NIAID grant.

All this was important because it was part of the larger story that the public was following. Learning that the agencies and officials charged with leading Americans out of the pandemic in fact had links to a Chinese lab with a history of safety violations, and which also appeared to be involved in dangerous experiments that might be linked to the outbreak in Wuhan, was for many profoundly unsettling.

Meanwhile, the enmeshment between the FDA and pharma was becoming more relevant. In June it was announced that Stephen Hahn, who had led the FDA from Dec. 17, 2019, until Jan. 20, 2021, during which time the agency approved the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, became the chief medical officer of Flagship Pioneering, the venture capital firm that launched Moderna in 2010 and now owns $4 billion of Moderna stock. On June 27, Scott Gottlieb, who headed the FDA before Hahn, joined the board of Pfizer.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/science/articles/needle-points-vaccin...

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:47pm

“The other thing I learnt is that the people who screamed about lieing, from either side, just aren't worth listening to.”

Sure. Cause no one has ever told an untruth to gain power or advantage, and to suspect fraud or falsehood is to believe in evil spirits. Humans only ever do bad things by mistake and through bungling incompetence. Modern world is too open and accounted for bad actors to prevail. Isn’t that the theory?

And if you suspect otherwise, despite endless reams of supporting evidence provided by similar templates being played out throughout modern times , everything from US invading foreign countries, regime change and coups in democracies , even the complete statelessness of the Diego Garcians, , then it’s cause you just can’t cope with a complex chaotic world.

That’s got to be it.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:51pm

that article is full of exposed misleading statements, mistruths, 'gaps in information' ...or... just plain lies...

depending on one's perspective

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 3:58pm

blowin really lacks the ability to see the bigger picture and is simply incapable of acknowledging decisions made at a certain time past as the covid situation changed.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 4:02pm
Roadkill wrote:
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

Nope. Plenty of unashamed lying went on and it’s been put up here too often for you to claim in good faith that you’ve not seen it or that it’s ambiguous. I’m afraid you’re so deep in the rabbit hole that you still think the mandated product- shifting of blanket injecting every person on Earth was done chasing some greater good. When you accept that the vaccines never stopped transmission and that the benefits of the injection for healthy persons was not statistically significant ie not observably beneficial, then you can start to recognise the scope of the fraud.

First you’ve got to admit to yourself the proven fact that 99.998% of unvaccinated people survive the virus. It’s got a lower fatality rate than seasonal flu. The entire edifice of lies is built on you not recognising this truth.

The survival rate is far greater now than in the beginning...that is because over time new treatments are introduced and a greater understanding of how the virus reacts. As time goes on the virus weakens and changes and as such the survival rates will increase....a 12 year old biology student is able to grasp this fact that blowin misses.

blowin again pretending he is an expert after the fact...this clown will never acknowledge how little he knew and how much he dribbled was wrong as he was suckered in by other equally stupid covidiots.

unashamed lying

Let's not forget a huge factor is the variants Omicron is very different to Wuhan and Delta, thank god for Omicron.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 4:10pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Nope. Plenty of unashamed lying went on and it’s been put up here too often for you to claim in good faith that you’ve not seen it or that it’s ambiguous. I’m afraid you’re so deep in the rabbit hole that you still think the mandated product- shifting of blanket injecting every person on Earth was done chasing some greater good. When you accept that the vaccines never stopped transmission and that the benefits of the injection for healthy persons was not statistically significant ie not observably beneficial, then you can start to recognise the scope of the fraud.

First you’ve got to admit to yourself the proven fact that 99.998% of unvaccinated people survive the virus. It’s got a lower fatality rate than seasonal flu. The entire edifice of lies is built on you not recognising this truth.

The survival rate is far greater now than in the beginning...that is because over time new treatments are introduced and a greater understanding of how the virus reacts. As time goes on the virus weakens and changes and as such the survival rates will increase....a 12 year old biology student is able to grasp this fact that blowin misses.

blowin again pretending he is an expert after the fact...this clown will never acknowledge how little he knew and how much he dribbled was wrong as he was suckered in by other equally stupid covidiots.

unashamed lying

Let's not forget a huge factor is the variants Omicron is very different to Wuhan and Delta, thank god for Omicron.

Omicron was a very convenient strain for the big players. Blaming every fuck up on the new guy. the oldest trick in the book.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 4:17pm

“The other thing I learnt is that the people who screamed about lieing, from either side, just aren't worth listening to.”

Sure. Cause no one has ever told an untruth to gain power or advantage, and to suspect fraud or falsehood is to believe in evil spirits. Humans only ever do bad things by mistake and through bungling incompetence. Modern world is too open and accounted for bad actors to prevail. Isn’t that the theory?

And if you suspect otherwise, despite endless reams of supporting evidence provided by similar templates being played out throughout modern times , everything from US invading foreign countries, regime change and coups in democracies , even the complete statelessness of the Diego Garcians, , then it’s cause you just can’t cope with a complex chaotic world.

That’s got to be it.

You forgot 'Amen'.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 4:21pm
Roadkill wrote:

blowin really lacks the ability to see the bigger picture and is simply incapable of acknowledging decisions made at a certain time past as the covid situation changed.

The bloke who believed every bit of bullshit fed to him, still trying to convince others that he’s not dumb as a brick and that THIS TIME he’s got a handle on it.

Funny

Remember when that fella and his sons drove from Sydney to Byron during Sydney lockdown and looked at multiple properties, and the media went absolutely mental, declaring that the New Ultra Infectious Ultra Deadly Delta strain was going to kill vast swathes of the Northern Rivers within days…..and Roadkill came out swinging saying that he should be gaoled and face murder charges ?

And then not one person in the Northern Rivers got the New Ultra Infectious Ultra Deadly Delta strain…..and Roadkill skipped merrily on towards his next highly public face plant into a steaming pile of media shit lies , where he repeated the pattern of swallowing outrageous bullshit and acting as lightning rod for every stupid thing a human has ever been convinced to say by a storm cell of institutional fraud. I remember that vividly.

That was pretty funny but also an eye-opener for how egregiously stupid people can be, and how easily manipulated they are, and how their rapidly their base lack of humanity can rise to the surface and obliterate the mask of civility they hide behind most of their lives.

Ewww

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 4:31pm
stunet wrote:

That’s got to be it.

You forgot 'Amen'.

Your patronisation assumes I’m incorrect. Sure I may use intuition to extend my theories, but they’re always built on objective reality which I constantly review. That’s why I changed perspectives on covid from believing the rubbish about it being existential to recognising an overhyped marketing campaign.

Showing a bit of faith in yourself there fella. No excuse to judge it when others do the same just cause they’re more vociferous in their opinions. I’m still open minded. I just fail to see anything to sway my opinion and much to reinforce it.

You think Covid is still big in China because they don’t get English language newspapers telling them that it’s not a thing anymore?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 4:54pm

'I just fail to see anything to sway my opinion and much to reinforce it.'

Yep you do fail to see it, it seems.

Open those eyes of yours.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 5:04pm

Showing a bit of faith in yourself there fella.

See!

This is it exactly.

Faith in myself? All I know is that I don't know, so I'm open to all manner of possibilities. Unlike you who is open to precisely one.

I do know that people can lie, and I also know that humans are god-awful organisers, especially when operating orders of magnitude above Dunbar's Number.

I lean towards the latter in matters of human co-operation.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 5:10pm

Stok and stunet, what would it take to change your mind? What evidence would you need to see?

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 5:10pm
stunet wrote:

See!

This is it exactly.

Faith in myself? All I know is that I don't know, so I'm open to all manner of possibilities. Unlike you who is open to precisely one.

I do know that people can lie, and I also know that humans are god-awful organisers, especially when operating orders of magnitude above Dunbar's Number.

And this is forever the difference between us. And your stance is as faith based as you believe mine to be.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 5:16pm
stunet wrote:

See!

This is it exactly.

And this is forever the difference between us. And your stance is as faith based as you believe mine to be.

It's as different as theism to atheism, but you believe what you want.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 5:23pm
Supafreak wrote:

Stok said , “It's a fairly simple connotation to make - less viral load, less chance of passing it on. And a (at face value) reasonable claim to make during that time, with the knowledge available.” ………. With the knowledge available ? So Fauci didn’t know that transmission trials hadn’t been conducted ? WOW ! did he just go , Pfizer says it’s all good no corners cut and that’s good enough for me ? Or did he know that the trials hadn’t been done ? Do you really believe he had no knowledge of what trials had and hadn’t been carried out ?

this is the question...

it is inconceivable that fauci and co. didn't know trials had not been done

it is absolutely best case scenario - and absolute negligence - if we accept that those in power did not know...

negligence beyond belief

so, we can take a 'positive' view, and say they did not know... which is grossly grossly incompetent... and should have been treated as such with some form of accountaility / repurcussions when 'evidence' came to light...

there was none

still is none...

or, we can take a 'negative' view, and say they lied for 'the greater good' ... which would have been ok in the initial fog of known unknowns... but should have been revised, amended, walked back as new evidence came to light...

ie. re. transmissability the vaccines are bordering on useless, and are really not appropriate to be forced on whole populations - including pregnant women and 5 yo kids...

but none of that happened...

the powers that be, doubled down again, again, and again... in the most brutual and condescending of manners...

and are still doing so

it is STILL unacceptable to raise these concerns in certain cohorts of polite society

'the narrative' pushes on...

absolutely unbelievable

and just plain offensive that these people are preaching from the high tower of moral superiority

do they think the plebs don't have an internet connection or something?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 6:00pm

So when Fauci makes statements like this …..“When you get vaccinated, you not only protect your own health and that of the family but also you contribute to the community health by preventing the spread of the virus throughout the community,” Fauci said. “In other words, you become a dead end to the virus. And when there are a lot of dead ends around, the virus is not going to go anywhere. And that’s when you get a point that you have a markedly diminished rate of infection in the community.”……..where was he getting his information from ? If no trials were ever done on transmission, how did he come to this conclusion ?

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 6:21pm

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 6:54pm

"....how did he come to this conclusion?"

...by assessing, understanding, and believing in, the original definition of vaccines?

before the WHO needed to change the definition...

'needed'

key word...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 7:01pm
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 7:13pm

report on oz pandemic response out today sounds pretty damning...

'lockdowns too long'

'opportunities squandered'

'lack of transparency'

no shit sherlock...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 7:52pm
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 8:15pm
bluediamond wrote:

HA!!
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-12/pfizer-offers-to-buy-brisbane-com...

Haha. I also heard if you fart into the app it can tell you if you’re full of shit. 100% success rate for all Pfizer employees and health ministers

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 8:22pm
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 9:54pm
burleigh][quote=bluediamond wrote:

HA!!
Haha. I also heard if you fart into the app it can tell you if you’re full of shit. 100% success rate for all Pfizer employees and health ministers

Hahaha. Hilarious!
Very good @Burleigh.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 20 Oct 2022 at 10:28pm
burleigh wrote:

Stok and stunet, what would it take to change your mind? What evidence would you need to see?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I'll have a guess.

I assume it's - What would it take for me to be on the same plane as say yourself Burleigh, or Blowin, on a matter such as the globally orchestrated covid vax scam?

My answer - a lot. Your beliefs, if true, would only be the result of such extreme levels of unethical behaviour across so many areas of our society. I'm talking Government, police, universities, media, court systems, private companies, corporates etc. Also - across differing nations with little or no typical working agreements.

There's a fairly consistent comment which i see - 'how long can they keep up this lie', as more and more supposed 'evidence' is brought to light. Well, If it is all a lie - then the question will be how long will the rats stay on the sinking ship. There'd be a point, pretty early on in the piece, that cracks will show. Communication will begin to falter and messaging across the various levels of leadership would not match. Think about how the CEO's of Pfizer can ensure their messaging is correctly passed down GP's who live in say, outback Australia, or a small town in NZ. Also, people who may be 'in' on the lies at a higher level (but not the top_ might begin to get disgruntled and leave. It may not be going how they want it to. They may be poached by Bill gates to run some other big lie. If the lie is a fanciful as what we're talking about here, then it'll become very hard to recruit credible people back into the lie to replace those leaving - hence it should crumble spectatularly. There should then be a multitude of people from different backgrounds, with actual written evidence (emails, texts etc.) piecing together a clear story that the covid vax was created purely for profit (or whatever) and they were all asked to play their part.

Essentially we should start to see more people than just far right leaning commentators start to bring this evidence to light.

But...

If we are really talking about elites with the level of power you're assuming they have - well, the disgruntled leavers, if they're brave enough to talk, are only going to be ostracised and blacklisted. Painted to the public as failures (becuase these elites control everything right!?) Maybe they'll be killed if they are seen as too credible and not able to be smeared? They're probably all signed up to strict NDA's and confidentiality agreements. In which case - they won't talk. They can't talk.

If we're talking that much power - we come to the point where the general public - will never know the truth. And if that happens, or is happening - nothing could change my mind, because I'll never know the truth.

But, as they ay, the simplest explanation is usually the right one.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 12:56am

"But, as they ay, the simplest explanation is usually the right one."

so it was just the big end science machine wigging out so much about covering their tracks and what the virus could possibly be... that they totally fucked up in their primary role of looking after the public...

yeh I thougt so

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 7:31am

Stok said,

"There'd be a point, pretty early on in the piece, that cracks will show. Communication will begin to falter and messaging across the various levels of leadership would not match."

That is true to a point but early in Covid it was group think, stay on message, stay safe and most of all shout down alternative views as either wrong or disruptive to saving us all by putting out simplistic advice that can be summarised in a handful of sentences.

The sort of middle of the road ABC took on the role with evangelical energy and a sense of pride.

We saw it every night and all day long in those endless press conferences. Lest we forget the political leaders and parade of experts all striving to stay on message and fight off any skeptical views or, worst of all, new facts and research.. We all watched the AMA advise that GPs could lose their jobs if they stepped out of line. Sweden was demonised for using a different approach. It doesn't seem real now to think about how extreme it was. But it happened.

And it continues.

CDC Votes To Add COVID-19 Vaccines To Childhood Immunization Schedule

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/cdc-set-add-covid-19-vaccines-childho...

The narrative is weaker now. There are many more cracks. But 15 people on the CDC can influence millions of guidelines around the worlds in a particular direction when the logic says otherwise.

Rand Paul: "This is the same committee that approved booster vaccines for children despite no evidence that COVID boosters reduce transmission, hospitalization, or death among children. Appalling!"

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 8:13am
burleigh wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

HA!!

Yep and apparently if you talk into the app as well it can tell if you have verbal diarrhoea.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 9:23am
Nick Bone wrote:
gsco wrote:

which is ironic given that covid has now been conclusively proven as a complete hoax...

In what context was it a hoax?

As the response being an overreaction, as covid being nowhere near the threat that it was initially feared to be.

I don't think it was a global conspiracy.

Just a fear based herd behaviour response given the uncertainty and unknowns at the time.

But I would note that anyone pointing this kind of thing out at the time - that the response was overboard and the threat was not really there - were silenced, deleted and labelled as far right wing fascist neo-nazi conspiracy theorists in our left progressive woke cancel culture blind rule-following trust-the-experts milieu...

Yet these people are now being proved as correct...

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 9:47am

&list=TLPQMjAxMDIwMjKAl9C_vzoI4A&index=2

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 10:53am
gsco wrote:

As the response being an overreaction, as covid being nowhere near the threat that it was initially feared to be.

I don't think it was a global conspiracy.

Just a fear based herd behaviour response given the uncertainty and unknowns at the time.

But I would note that anyone pointing this kind of thing out at the time - that the response was overboard and the threat was not really there - were silenced, deleted and labelled as far right wing fascist neo-nazi conspiracy theorists in our left progressive woke cancel culture blind rule-following trust-the-experts milieu...

Yet these people are now being proved as correct...

Whoa...slow down there.

You're close to being correct.

The over hyping you're reffering to, I'd say was mostly due to the 'bad news sells better than good news' effect. The media went into overdrive. Doom and gloom = clicks, subscriptions and readers.

I always remember, very early on in the piece listening to a podcast which had a John Hopkins Doctor on it, who talked about how the death rate would be likely lower than 0.8%. This was going on at the time when the news were reporting about the 150K dead in a few weeks sort of thing. Now, the doctor wasn't downplaying it, as he had a correct grasp of the scale of the situation - a novel virus, with very little known about it, doing a jump from the animal kingdom to humans - is always a potential existential crisis. Also - 0.8% is still an insanely huge number, for a new, highly infectious strain.

(p.s. please don't start with the 99.9999% BS you kooks love referring to - that number is meaningless, and you read it from your propaganda spreading mates only - it's not real).

The ones pointing it out at the time, that covid isn't as bad as everyone is saying, were correctly portraryed, in the rather average movie, don't look up. Except, in reality, the asteroid missed us.

There's also a rather conventient exclusion that some people are taking - the fact that globally we've had so, so many vaccines given to people. Herd exposure to deactivated virus = a better herd response to said virus, which is what we're experiencing now.

To say that the crew against it all from the beginning were right all along is just so, so wrong.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 11:13am

Here’s a recent meta analysis about the fatality rate of covid pre vax and pre delta by the author of the most cited scientific article in history. You can believe his curation of actual scientific data or you can believe Stok.

The authorities and media deliberately overhyped the situation. The genuine threat was known and exaggerated.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.10.11.22280963v1.full

“For context, it was obvious back in 2020 from Diamond Princess, aircraft carriers USS Theodore Roosevelt & several prison studies that the IFR was pretty low. All 3 settings had a “confined population”, and so it was easy to measure IFR directly. About 0.5 – 1% on Diamond Princess – lot of elderly westerners (mean age of pax about 70) with extensive comorbidities. And way lower in other settings (TR and prisons tend to be young populations).

Anyway, these are Ioannidis’s calculations for IFR based on 31 national seroprevalence studies
0.0003% at 0-19 years (3 deaths per million infections)
0.003% at 20-29 years (30 per million)
0.011% at 30-39 years (110 per million)
0.035% at 40-49 years (350 per million)
0.129% at 50-59 years (1,290 per million)
0.501% at 60-69 years. (5,010 per million)
This comes out to 0.035% for those aged 0-59 and 0.095% for those aged 0-69.

So IFR approx trebles for each decade of life. Risk is lower with vaccine. If the vaccine reduces IFR by a factor of 10, it removes 2 decades of risk. Probably very little benefit if fit & healthy & 50.“

Yet months later and healthy people were still getting arrested for eating kebabs on their own in the park and even later again the military was patrolling Western Sydney enforcing house arrest. Victorians were locked in their homes 23 hours per day and night time curfew due to “positive results” from sewage systems.

That’s why it was a hoax. It was the flu treated as the Black Death. It was the equivalent of preventing Australians from entering the ocean for two years because of a handful of shark attacks. And tasering anyone who tried to swim and shooting people at the beach with rubber bullets.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 11:15am

https://m.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 5:15pm

The Americans might have created the virus. They most certainly created the ‘vaccines’ ;);)

- a trojan horse for the Chinese ?

The west has lost control / leverage over China and may have implemented the greatest global control mechanism on a competitor/ threat since the opium wars …

Forget the 30 trillion dollar debt !

In the meantime, since the US has no efficient oil refining capability (and no more oil rich countries left to invade and rape and plunder) they have only weapons and drugs and industrial scale technological manipulation as a raw means of power. These are possibly the most potent currencies at play… but for how long?

You need a lot of oil to move conventional military hardware and a lot more to keep it moving…

There are no electric tanks or missiles or fighter jets as yet… the nuclear powered subs etc can do their part, but the oil supply conundrum and the reliance of western military might on this resource cannot be understated.

So… did covid conveniently slow the global Chinese creep ? I say yes.

It has effectively and cunningly stalled all global growth and scuttled the impending imbalance of power.

Furthermore, it has had a flow on effect of galvanising existing alliances and shoring up already corrupt governments and establishments so that the scale of power and coercion on populations has increased. By design…

It has also placed the ancient art of blaming others at the forefront of political ideologies. It helps if we can fark things up yet lay blame on someone else ;);)

Sure way to never be accountable.

With covid it’s China’s fault and with the Ukraine war it’s Russia! ;)
How convenient.

With the imagined ‘emergency’ powers and the language at the beginning of the pandemic going along the lines of ‘this is a war… we are fighting an unseen enemy etc… the virus doesn’t discriminate… we’re all in this together blah blah’, the authorities have enabled a stunning and most successful PR fear campaign. The people were gaslighted and hoodwinked to galvanise against a common ‘enemy’. ;)

And this technique is now being put to use with the Ukraine crisis.
And… like covid… the majority are all in ;)

So, register your test result from ya lil Chinese plastic virus tester… log on to your imaginary data collecting app with the imaginary info about imaginary health advice stuff. Log in and update ya vax status and ensure you are abiding by the emergency mandates and don’t question anything. There are ‘experts’ doing expert stuff remember.

Also remember tho… there are legal guidelines and requirements that must be adhered to because this is a democracy and your duty is to listen up and accept what you are told ;)
- By the way, the authorities stating and enforcing the rules don’t have to abide by them yet you should accept that.

You should also accept that no government or medical employee will be liable or accountable for any adverse effects from mandated treatments or conditions. This is ‘democracy’…Again ;)

The public is and will continue to be misled. So while we champion free speech and equality and ‘western values’ - be careful to notice the actual real world ‘battle’ for freedom that is supposedly being waged…

Consider the methodology ;)

Coercion and violence. Drugs and weapons.

What do these things mean to human beings ?

- the very opposite of freedom.

heyooh ;)

https://m.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 5:29pm

"The review says that in the response to the pandemic, there were too many times when “government regulations and their enforcement went beyond what was required to control the spread of the virus, even when based on the information available at the time."

https://theconversation.com/australias-covid-response-was-overreach-and-...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 5:43pm

The QLD NSW border closure cost some their lives , meanwhile footy players and movie stars moved around to bring money into the state and keep us entertained . I don’t care what anyone says , the Qld CMO was an evil bitch.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 5:59pm

X2 Supa. I have a special kind of hatred reserved for that woman.

A known anti-monarchist parachuted into the role of Queensland governor with no public consultation. How on earth did that come about? I hope she gets cancer and dies with corona.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 1:23am

the vitriol...

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/science/articles/vaccines-never-preve...

and the truth...

"...on Oct. 10, 2022, a Pfizer spokesperson told the European Parliament that the vaccines had never actually been tested for preventing transmission. While this was presented on social media as “breaking news,” the fact that the vaccines were not tested for this purpose has been documented extensively ever since Pfizer and Moderna received their original Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).

During the Dec. 10, 2020, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) meeting when the first mRNA vaccines were authorized, FDA adviser Dr. Patrick Moore stated, “Pfizer has presented no evidence in its data today that the vaccine has any effect on virus carriage or shedding, which is the fundamental basis for herd immunity.” Despite the data presented for individual efficacy, he continued, “we really, as of right now, do not have any evidence that it will have an impact, social-wide, on the epidemic.” The FDA EUA press release from December 2020 also confirms that there was no “evidence that the vaccine prevents transmission of SARS-COV-2 from person to person.”

Simply put, the reason many people believed the vaccines stopped transmission was because government officials and media outlets across the Western world were either careless with their words or did not tell the truth..."

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 1:36am

"...This effectively undermined the principle of informed consent and has resulted in a scandal affecting millions of people.

It was not until August 2022 that the CDC issued guidance that called for vaccinated and unvaccinated people to no longer be subjected to different testing or quarantine protocols. To justify this change in guidance, the CDC cited the protection provided by previous infection as well as breakthrough infections. Yet studies had already shown by the fall of 2021 that the vaccines did not prevent infection, that natural immunity was at least as protective, that vaccinated people had similar viral loads to unvaccinated people, and that vaccinated people had a role in transmission."

"...Yet studies had already shown by the fall of 2021 that the vaccines did not prevent infection, that natural immunity was at least as protective..."

'natural immunity'... a dirty word for a long long time...

'at least as protective'... ya gotta wonder... all those studies statistics and justifications... did the vaccines actually kerb anything regarding transmission?

or was it all just natural immunity?

...billions of dollars of research,(resuurch?) with the same spurious conclusion...

DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:48am
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 11:41am
frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 1:09pm

Report coverage on the Shergold led review in the media is typically soft.

Mistakes were made. Balance not right. Fog of uncertainty. Lot to be proud of type commentary.

No mention of the harmful and hard fought battle against emerging facts that kept bad policy locked in for way too long.

That does not bode well for the future in terms of not repeating the worst mistakes. At least someone has done a critical review.

But I think billions of people worldwide have quietly formed their own views on extreme mandates and certain expert advice counter to emerging facts / research and will not forget and may not blindly obey next time.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 2:04pm

J honestly never remember hearing anything about the vaccines stopping transmission.

Maybe a bit about how if your symptoms are lighter due to the help of vaccines, there's less chance of passing it on. Sure, some of the wording chosen (at a time when globally there was an urgent push to build immunity) may have shone a more positive light of the likelihood of reducing transmission, but I don't recall any flat out lies.

All I'm seeing now is a concentrated push to start a narrative that there was a big 'lie'. What's the reason for it I wonder....

Perhaps in the anti vax echo chambers there was discussions about natural immunity vs vaccines for reducing transmission, and it just caught wind from there.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 2:09pm
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 2:50pm
Stok wrote:

J honestly never remember hearing anything about the vaccines stopping transmission.

Maybe a bit about how if your symptoms are lighter due to the help of vaccines, there's less chance of passing it on. Sure, some of the wording chosen (at a time when globally there was an urgent push to build immunity) may have shone a more positive light of the likelihood of reducing transmission, but I don't recall any flat out lies.

All I'm seeing now is a concentrated push to start a narrative that there was a big 'lie'. What's the reason for it I wonder....

Perhaps in the anti vax echo chambers there was discussions about natural immunity vs vaccines for reducing transmission, and it just caught wind from there.

Now youre just taking the piss Stok. EVERY single day for months they pushed the lies about stopping transmission and get vaccinated to protect the vulnerable.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 3:06pm

Stok said ;” J honestly never remember hearing anything about the vaccines stopping transmission.

Maybe a bit about how if your symptoms are lighter due to the help of vaccines, there's less chance of passing it on. Sure, some of the wording chosen (at a time when globally there was an urgent push to build immunity) may have shone a more positive light of the likelihood of reducing transmission, but I don't recall any flat out lies.”

Well , you either had your eyes and ears shut for two years or you are lying yourself right now. Are you telling me you don’t recall the conditional proposition which was required for you to be released from house arrest? You were told that you could leave your house and maybe…..maybe….even leave your shire, and perhaps one day your state, if ….IF….90% of people got vaccinated so that we achieved herd immunity. Herd immunity is a lie when vaccination doesn’t prevent transmission. Always was, always will be.

Your disingenuous claims to be bewildered about any perceived lies are ridiculous. Claims that pursuing vindication and truth are weirdo quasi-religious hoodoo are ridiculous. The truth is coming out. It’s not truth seeking as in waiting for the return of Jesus, it’s truth as in simple satisfaction for seeing recognition of fraudulent message being refuted. Facts are overriding the truckloads of lies.

Yes , Stu. Lies mate. Lies.

So many absolute fuckwits on these threads over the years now being exposed. From the cuntish ex-schoolteacher with his lies that children were vulnerable and dying from covid and his lies that catching covid didn’t grant better protection than the vaccines, to the VIC Local and Roadkill fcukwits who wanted unvaccinated excluded from society because they were a threat to others. All of them can go and get rooted. Simple, stupid and mean spirited flogs all of them. Stok still talking shit. Please just close your lips.

Former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia …..obviously another religious nutter conspiracy weirdo. Surely it’s not a matter of people who’ve had enough of two years of propagandised bullshit finally getting some traction with a sensible and truthful accounting of the bullshit? Yes, of course it is.

Watch this and try to keep telling your lies. Every time you are confronted with the truth your lies get harder to maintain.

Vaccine no covid risk reduction in young males ie zero efficacy …plus 1/1000 myocarditis risk….cnts like Blindboy lied about this for years and tried to get dissenting voices silences. Filthy old fascist he is.

Burleigh: Yep. They’re trying to rewrite history already with bullshit like Stok’s is coming out with. Even when you e got the receipts they still try it on. Too much. Covid was a sheep in wolfs clothing used to push pharma profits and destabilise society including normalising overt control techniques. Destroying the economy with “stimulus “ to correct never-necessary lockdowns. Such a deep scope level of fuckery.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 2:51pm
DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 3:43pm

Never forget how it was. People like this weren’t just stupid. They were very often stupid and vicious. The viciousness was originated and fomented by politicians and media. It was institutional. Despicable

Washington Examiner
“Noam Chomsky: Unvaccinated should 'remove themselves from the community,' access to food 'their problem'“

https://news.yahoo.com/noam-chomsky-unvaccinated-remove-themselves-17190...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 5:30pm

The circlejerk continues…today blowin is in full fury and receiving a hand job prompt from burleigh. Tomorrow, maybe blowin reaches around from behind burleigh and returns the favour.

We told ya, we told ya..aaarrrrgh no.