Mainstream Media Vs the culture of resuuuuurch.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond started the topic in Wednesday, 23 Feb 2022 at 4:39pm

Just browsing the online shitrag that is News.com today and came across this article on the Queen and how it was portrayed she was using Ivermectin, when according to the article she wasn't. Note the language used..particularly the use of the word 'dangerous'.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/channel-9-apolo...
Then i looked up an article about Ivermectin pre Covid and found this one...
https://www.isglobal.org/en/healthisglobal/-/custom-blog-portlet/ivermec...
Note the line: "Because of its excellent safety profile and broad spectrum of activity, ivermectin is catalogued by the World Health Organisation as an essential medicine and is regarded by many as a "magic bullet" for global health."
Alot of talk on these forums lately is about trusting the science, listening to the experts, most of which use the big media giants as their platforms to broadcast information. If you choose to question what is pumped out adnauseum to you these days you're labelled a tin foil hatter, a conspiracy theorist and accused of posting misinformation.
I just wonder what other peoples thoughts are on the media narrative as opposed to doing your own research. I once trusted the media alot more, however in this day and age, when we have soooo much information available at the touch of a keypad, some false, some verifiable, it's hard to trust the media when you can easily catch them out in blatant lies, or at the very least, misleading the public as shown above.
Anyway, that's my thoughts. Wondering on others. Just gonna read, not going to chirp in on this one.

wally's picture
wally's picture
wally Sunday, 30 Oct 2022 at 12:19pm

Looking at figures at July 2022
Sweden - deaths per million people - 1849
Australia - deaths per million people - 406

Difference per million = 1443

So, crudely comparing Australia with the Swedish approach
1443 by 25.7 (millions) = 37085 less deaths

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 30 Oct 2022 at 1:38pm

Who would've thought roadkill still spends every waking hour on here abusing people. Decries violence but happy to anonymously dish out abuse online. Would love the opportunity to hear what youve got to say to my face anonymous nobody.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 30 Oct 2022 at 2:24pm
bluediamond wrote:

Who would've thought roadkill still spends every waking hour on here abusing people. Decries violence but happy to anonymously dish out abuse online. Would love the opportunity to hear what youve got to say to my face anonymous nobody.

I would say the same to your face as I say to you in here.
Seriously are you so precious still that words upset you so much?

You are happy to post bs non facts then I will call them as such.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Sunday, 30 Oct 2022 at 4:20pm

Frog- An important thing to remember is that the unnecessary amd unprecedented lockdowns weren’t just criminally impactful through their direct effects on people losing days of their lives under house arrest and removed from the people, places and things they love. Lockdowns were also the justification for the hundreds of billions of money injected into the economy by the central bank and government. These hundreds of billions of dollars aren’t just now making the vast majority of Australians much poorer through the inflation of everyday items, it added literally hundreds of thousands of dollars to the price of every home in Australia. This means that entire demographics of Australia-predominantly the younger who stood absolutely nothing to gain from a lockdown- now have to commit extra decades of their lives in indentured servitude to debt in order to pay a massively enlarged mortgage than required to purchase a simile house previous to the lockdown justified stimulus.

That’s thousands of hours of life spent at work to service debt from the brief , unnecessary and criminally negligent lockdowns. For every you g Australian who wants to buy a house under their own steam.

Don’t even get me started on the fact that this lockdown stimulus was created through debt by the government and now needs austerity Tobermory repaid. Austerity is of course the forsaking of other services such as health, education and welfare.

Lockdowns,…..the gift that just keeps on taking.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Sunday, 30 Oct 2022 at 6:51pm

Exactly DSDS. Summarised by the cost/risk benefit which is what we pay our politicians to do. Holding them account for those decisions is what any solid democratic institutions expect.
“We’ve all moved on” argument!? fucking spare me. Entrenched inequality hello!
I just spent an hour in a car park with a septuagenarian for agumtree board buy. Bloody legend of a bloke. Forever grateful. Deep down the conspiracy hole brought on by -and I’m paraphrasing here -from the covid experience. And if he is reading this I’m not judging his opinions at all.That’s not my point. But can the dogmatic get it.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 30 Oct 2022 at 9:34pm
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

I would say the same to your face as I say to you in here.
Seriously are you so precious still that words upset you so much?
You are happy to post bs non facts then I will call them as such.

No. Instead of writing a reasoned and rationed response, you decided to make it personal and name call without provocation or you even being mentioned. It's your modus operandi.
I have absolutely no doubt you would be too weak to speak like that to my face, you're a proven online troll that's 100percent on here to create conflict and not to partake in any meaningful discussion. Put your name to your posts before you start throwing out insults if you truly would stand by your insulting. You won't. You'll do your usual little one or two line sniper attack, yet contribute nothing to the conversation. I still can't recall anything of substance you've ever posted on here....oh except your mum in the cafe scenario where every unvaxed person was a murederer.. HA! yeah hindsight hey.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 10:55am
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 10:56am

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 12:56pm

Right on Sypkan, The only ones pushing to "move on" are the ones that caused the division in the first place and the bed wetters that ate it up.

Because i chose to not take the experiment i STILL can't travel to USA or Indonesia (without an exemption)

I will never forget what they did to people around the world who made a personal medical choice.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 3:05pm
sypkan wrote:

begging forgiveness now...

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/10/covid-response-forgive...

The positive I see is that such an article full of "we got it wrong in many ways" is in the mainstream. Side-stepping the forgiveness angle, the tone of the article is that the writer accepts that it is self evident across the majority of the population that mistakes were made and should not be repeated.

- "These precautions were totally misguided. "
- "To take an example close to my own work, there is an emerging (if not universal) consensus that schools in the U.S. were closed for too long:"
- "The health risks of in-school spread were relatively low, whereas the costs to students’ well-being and educational progress were high. The latest figures on learning loss are alarming. "
- "Outdoor transmission was vanishingly rare."
- "Because I thought schools should reopen and argued that kids as a group were not at high risk, I was called a “teacher killer” and a “génocidaire.” It wasn’t pleasant, "

Blame is one thing but widespread recognition that it should be "never again " to unjustifiable extreme lockdowns and other mandates is more important.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 4:03pm
udo wrote:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-01/qld-covid-parkinsons-disease-rese...

I think it best we reserve comments on this until the data is reviewed by some naturopaths, internet nutritionists, TikTok dancing health experts, Dr blowins and some Professor burleighs.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 4:41pm
Roadkill wrote:
udo wrote:

I think it best we reserve comments on this until the data is reviewed by some naturopaths, internet nutritionists, TikTok dancing health experts, Dr blowins and some Professor burleighs.

You’re only a few hours up the coast bloke. You want me to shoot up and we can discuss things further? It’s no problem on my end. We could find a nice quiet spot away from the public gaze and you can tell me how much of an evil sociopathic virus spreader I am. You can go summarise two years worth of describing me as a “lying piece of shit”. Go into detail about how you think that people like me should’ve been excluded from society, the health system and left unemployable because we chose not to get multiple useless injections.

Let me know Bloke….until you do how about keeping your slanderous evil rubbish to yourself?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 5:24pm
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
udo wrote:

You’re only a few hours up the coast bloke. You want me to shoot up and we can discuss things further? It’s no problem on my end. We could find a nice quiet spot away from the public gaze and you can tell me how much of an evil sociopathic virus spreader I am. You can go summarise two years worth of describing me as a “lying piece of shit”. Go into detail about how you think that people like me should’ve been excluded from society, the health system and left unemployable because we chose not to get multiple useless injections.

Let me know Bloke….until you do how about keeping your slanderous evil rubbish to yourself?

Sure, meet ya on Burleigh Point lookout Saturday at 9am. I will come up after my surf. Best place would be on the undercover seating area.

Somehow I don’t think you will show as you are so full of internet tough guy shit. But you just offered and I accept the meet.

Over to you now, bloke.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 5:28pm
Roadkill wrote:
udo wrote:

Are you butt hurt because I made burleigh a professor and you only made Dr?

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 7:35pm
Roadkill wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
udo wrote:

Sure, meet ya on Burleigh Point lookout Saturday at 9am. I will come up after my surf. Best place would be on the undercover seating area.

Somehow I don’t think you will show as you are so full of internet tough guy shit. But you just offered and I accept the meet.

Over to you now, bloke.

Ben could you get a camera fixed on Burleigh lookout Saturday 9am TIA

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 7:55pm

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:00pm

More like Tyson (Blowin) vs Mr Burns (Roadkill)

We could have a swellnet charity boxing match for mens mental health.

I'll box Stok.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:17pm
burleigh wrote:

I'll box Stok.

That’s actually a good idea , an organised boxing ( or bitch slapping ) event with money raised going to mental health charity or a homeless organisation. I would glady pay if the card has the chaps mentioned involved .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:20pm

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:20pm

Cool. We will confirm as the day approaches.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:29pm

Cool. We will confirm as the day approaches.

What do you mean? It’s confirmed. I’ll be there. Seems like you are walking it back and getting ready to make some sort of excuse.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:30pm

Poisonous jab.
Definition for anyone dropped on their head at birth...

poisonous
/ˈpɔɪzənəs/
adjective
(of a substance or plant) causing or capable of causing death or illness if taken into the body.
"poisonous chemicals"
Jab, pretty self explanatory.
And here's a classification of the Covid Vaccine. Classed as a Source 4 Poison.
https://www.wa.gov.au/system/files/2021-09/Authorisation-to-supply-or-ad...
So yes, poisonous jab.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 9:45pm
Supafreak wrote:
burleigh wrote:

I'll box Stok.

That’s actually a good idea , an organised boxing ( or bitch slapping ) event with money raised going to mental health charity or a homeless organisation. I would glady pay if the card has the chaps mentioned involved .

+1
Who’s reffing?
I can supply
With FR doing a gonzo review and analysis.
All time :)

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 10:54pm
AndyM wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
burleigh wrote:

I'll box Stok.

+1
Who’s reffing?
I can supply
With FR doing a gonzo review and analysis.
All time :)

Not sure if either of them should risk further brain damage……..in the interests of mental health and all.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 11:19pm

Blowin again making tough guy threats online. This is the third or fourth time I have read threats of violence directed at people from him, including myself, threatened to come down to Victoria to make his point in person. I gave him my home address and said just knock on the door and introduce yourself. Still waiting.
He's been kicked off this site a number of times, the last time he and Vic Local both got banned. VicLocal never returned, but Blowin was back, using the fake identity he created DSDS, a whole fake character at one stage, even worked up a back story, or as the wannabe Steve Shearer John Dory.
It always becomes abusive with him, doesn't bother me, but think many would avoid posting on this site where they can get called dumb cunt, ghey or have violent threats directed against them by this serial abuser.
Not my website, not my business, just an observation. Waiting for the inevitable abusive blowback. Bring it.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 1:02am

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 7:26am

Jeez...

I don't care if it's ironic, satirical, deliberately over-the-top, or whatever, threats of violence, implied or otherwise, including talk about "catching up" with people, aren't on. Just fucking stop it. Walk away. Keyboard problems don't exist outside your front door.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 7:47am
adam12 wrote:

Blowin again making tough guy threats online. This is the third or fourth time I have read threats of violence directed at people from him, including myself, threatened to come down to Victoria to make his point in person. I gave him my home address and said just knock on the door and introduce yourself. Still waiting.
He's been kicked off this site a number of times, the last time he and Vic Local both got banned. VicLocal never returned, but Blowin was back, using the fake identity he created DSDS, a whole fake character at one stage, even worked up a back story, or as the wannabe Steve Shearer John Dory.
It always becomes abusive with him, doesn't bother me, but think many would avoid posting on this site where they can get called dumb cunt, ghey or have violent threats directed against them by this serial abuser.
Not my website, not my business, just an observation. Waiting for the inevitable abusive blowback. Bring it.

Using a carriage service to make threats is illegal in Aus. Blowin ain’t alone in threatening posts. BD made an implied one in this thread a page back. They will keep happening while those who make the threats are allowed to remain active on SN.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 10:15am

When I was a grommet there was this older surfer getting around who’s main claim to fame, apart from riding heinously ugly home made twinnies, was his habit of appearing in the lineup every month or so sporting either a black eye, a swollen face or other such bruising. At first we weren’t sure what was going on. Was he involved in some high risk occupation which led to regular injury?

Nope. After trying to suppress grommet cheekiness long enough to engage with him, we discovered that his injuries were from getting routinely hit at one of the local watering holes. This seemed strange to us as he came across as annoying but mostly harmless.

Either way he soon became known by all and sundry as Punching Bag.

On further interrogation Punching Bag was soon telling stories of local bullies and thugs who’d menace innocent people going about their business. We weren’t sure one way or another but we knew plenty of crew who frequented these establishments and they weren’t regularly sporting black eyes.

Soon enough we came of age and visited these establishments ourselves. Sure enough, there was Punching Bag. Though it turns out that Punching Bag hadn’t been telling the utmost truth of what was going down when he was set upon by these uncontrollably violent thugs. Turns out that Punching Bag was a serial pest of the highest order. In front of our eyes he’d morph from uninteresting generic patron into an insufferable clown after only a drink or two.

He would hector, harangue, provoke and insult anyone he chose to focus upon. It didn’t matter if you were young, old, pissed, sober , alone , in a group or even with your family. Punching Bag would pick arguments when people were casually playing pool. He’d humbug someone’s wife about the way she parked her car at the shops. He’d accuse people of stealing money he’d drop on the floor. It wasn’t all harmless dribble, Punching Bag often got vulgar and hurtful, trying his best to find the weakness in his chosen target’s reluctance to react. Punching Bag felt no hesitation to mention his perspectives on the lives, relationships and intimate aspects of those under his gaze.

Punching Bag was a menace and no amount of trying to placate or ignore him would succeed. Wasn’t long before we witnessed our first bit of Anti-Punching Bag “violence”. He’d been hassling a builder about getting him to look at a job at his place….for over an hour. The builder was trying to relax at peace and Punching Bag kept on and on. At him and at him. Eventually the builder quietly told him to fuck off. Punching Bag didn’t even acknowledge this and kept on and on. The builder left the bar and went over to the pokies. Punching Bag followed and kept at him. Finally it was obvious to all what was going to happen. Obvious to everyone except Punching Bag it seems. The nice guy builder snapped and pushed Punching Bag in the chest so he fell over in the plush carpet.

This elicited a laugh from most. However Punching Bag wasn’t seeing th3 funny side of it and started screaming about how he’d been viciously assaulted and how the town and everyone in int were horrible, because a man couldn’t even go for a quiet drink without thugs attacking him.

Despite being basically unharmed, Punching Bag started on about how violence was the domain of the low and the uneducated. He said violence was ruining society. The builder just walked out when Punching Bag started on about calling the police.

This pattern of Punching Bag harassing someone into retribution repeated itself over and over again. Everytime we’d see Punching Bag sporting his ugly, misshapen Twinfin and a fresh shiner we’d casually ask what had happened. Everytime Punching Bag explained the story he was absolved of all responsibility and was the innocent victim of a hyper violent society.

I’ve known people who’ve suffered resulting from violence, including seemingly innocuous punches which have brained someone into permanent disability and even death. I don’t think violence is something you should engage in lightly. But some people only understand punch in the face. The Punching Bags of this world mistakenly believe that anything up to the point of violence is forgivable and even acceptable. They think that even the foulest words and deeds don’t justify physical retribution. They are the ones judging their own behaviour and allocating an appropriate sentence even as they enrage, embarrass , slander and belittle at will.
Punching Bag only had one off switch to stop him from inflicting himself upon someone. Of course people could simply walk away after their good time has been ruined. They could let Punching Bag be free to continue his day after making them or their loved ones feel like a piece of crap.
Or ….Punching Bag could face the consequences of his actions.

I stopped finding Punching Bag’s bruises interesting after I’d seen him go to work on his unshakable dickhead routine too many times. After a while I started thinking “ Ha…got what you deserved again mate”

Anyway….I’m not threatening violence. If I find someone thinking they can say things like my Mum being hospitalised was a lie , or they think stalking someone around the internet to insult and harangue them is entertaining, or they make it their mission to character assassinate someone out of spite, then I’ll offer them the chance to express these needs in person.
It’s up to them how to respond. The world is not, and should not be a safe space for passsive aggressive clowns to feel free to insult others to the degree of their own satisfaction. Newton’s third law…every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

You want to get online and bleat that unvaccinated people should be excluded from emergency health care then you should expect that your demands for real world harm to be visited upon others may one day come back at you in a manner you may not enjoy. You want to shadow someone as they visit a site seeking entertainment and relentlessly insult them as though the words are powerless as soon as you’ve typed them, then why be surprised if someone on the receiving end has a different opinion of appropriate response?

BTW….as if I’m getting in my car and driving hours, burning hundreds of dollars worth of diesel to meet some seedy old MAMIL in a shed in Queensland. Get real bloke. You honestly believe I give a rat’s arse enough to get off the lounge in response to your rubbish? Please bloke. Sort your shit out.

“Threatening on a carriage service “…. Lolol

JB1's picture
JB1's picture
JB1 Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 10:16am

Yawn.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 10:23am

Oh dear, this is embarassing.

This is what i gleaned from that:

'yep violence is ok, as long as it's justifyable in my view. An eye for an eye. Some people just need a punch or two. Not a bad one, you know, don't want to really hurt them, but they might get hurt, it's their fault you know, some people really do deserve it.'

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 10:25am

fucken nailed it blowin, live and let live

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 10:24am

Censorship and Suppression of Covid-19 Heterodoxy: Tactics and Counter-Tactics ……….it’s a long read . https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11024-022-09479-4

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 10:36am

For possible outcomes from middle aged men behaving like arsehole tough guys with fragile egos, see the recent stories on this sight regarding the death of Chris Davidson. The dude in goal is feeling really good about winning eh?…….Blowin and Roadkill.

Indo yearned to meet and confront guy smiley recently too…….as retarded as 99% of his posts

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 10:37am

Particularly giggled at “MAMIL toe”

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=MAMIL

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 10:54am

Wow. Classic journal paper Supa. One for the ages.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 11:27am
Supafreak wrote:

Censorship and Suppression of Covid-19 Heterodoxy: Tactics and Counter-Tactics ……….it’s a long read . https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11024-022-09479-4

Not to put too finer point on it, but this is a qualatative paper based on the perceptions of 13 respondents.
'The questions focused on the respondents’ stance towards COVID-19 that was seen as controversial, events they experienced due to their stance, the implications of these events for their professional and personal lives, and their responses to these events.'

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 11:40am

Irony is blowin crying about insults.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 11:57am
soggydog wrote:

For possible outcomes from middle aged men behaving like arsehole tough guys with fragile egos, see the recent stories on this sight regarding the death of Chris Davidson. The dude in goal is feeling really good about winning eh?…….Blowin and Roadkill.

Indo yearned to meet and confront guy smiley recently too…….as retarded as 99% of his posts

Had nothing to do with violence though, its just more about accountably for ones actions, im sure if you had your own serial pest following you around that even surfed in your area, you'd also want to know who he is and have the opportunity to pull him up.

Guy hides behind the fact i dont know who he is to troll me and act in a way he would never act in the real world towards myself, as I'm sure if he acted the same in real life he would be like old punching bag in Blowins story, that BTW was a great story and with a moral to the story.

I just dont get why people act like this online, if you dont agree with someone fine, either ignore them or debate their views, but really what do you get out of following them around mocking them and not even engaging in any type of meaningful discussion???

It's basically bullying the aim is to either try to silence them or trigger a reaction and they blow up and get banned.

The irony is those that act like this are often the ones who claim to me morally superior and for diversity(which should mean diversity of opinion too), but act more like fascist wanting any view they dont agree with silenced and extremely intolerable of any views that dont align with theirs or oppose theirs.

I mean seriously i swear some people live in bubbles here, from some of the things i read and reactions people take..

BTW. Retarded isn't a great word too use, your lucky you aren't Blowin or Hiccups would come down hard on you telling you how backwards your are, he's another one that adds zero to any conversation .and just drops in once every two weeks, throws out one line mocking others stirs up shit then is gone until next time, but again try's to take on some persona of being morally superior to others, i mean seriously...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 11:57am

Free Blowin. He def adds a lot to these forums. Roadkill, doesn't add anything of value IMO. He antagonises people constantly, then sooks when they bite.

Retard should never be used as an insult, that's worse than an anonymous threat.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 12:11pm
Supafreak wrote:

Frightening stuff faced by some medical professionals who voiced views and gave information outside the main narrative- systematic, targeted and orchestrated campaigns from many angles and levels to silence and often harm them:

"when it comes to COVID-related knowledge, the censorship tactics used against dissenters are extreme and unprecedented in their intensiveness and extensiveness, with scientific journals, and academic and medical institutions taking an active and involved part in censoring critical voices."

"what our respondents describe goes way beyond censorship, and includes a wide range of suppression methods intended to destroy their reputations and careers"

"Most of them are leading figures: researchers and doctors who prior to the COVID-19 era had a respectable status, with many publications in the scientific literature, some of them with books and hundreds of publications, some headed academic or medical departments, some of them were editors of medical journals, and some had won significant awards. Nevertheless, as our findings show, they were not protected from censorship, nor from the suppression and defamation campaign launched against them."

"The third prominent difference found in our study is the significant role played by media organizations during the COVID pandemic, and especially tech information companies, in censoring contrary positions."

Any advocates of the "lets move on, mistakes made were all due to good intentions and just the fog of war" happy with that sort of stuff?

If so, skim read the paper and read some of the details of events that occurred to the individuals and think again.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 2:45pm

I see @info is attempting to rewrite history again just like he did about a year ago when late on a Saturday night he very clearly threatened to drive all the way to SA to sort out Uplift only to delete the post nice an early the following morning. All this was followed up by the usual online whinging to @stu about being trolled blah blah. If my memory serves me correctly it was this "blow up" that got Uplift banned and the 10 minute edit function introduced (certainly it was around it anyways).

The thing is we are all entitled to our opinions and kudos to @info for being perhaps the only resident right (far) wing ideologue who praises Hanson, Trump, his beloved LNP political parties and assorted hanger-ons. Free country and all. But where it goes to custard in my book is where opinion and fact are confused and where the same misrepresentation of the facts are presented year after year. So if there are no shared facts there can be no sensible discussion. Simple concept, hopefully.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 4:04pm
san Guine wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Not to put too finer point on it, but this is a qualatative paper based on the perceptions of 13 respondents.
'The questions focused on the respondents’ stance towards COVID-19 that was seen as controversial, events they experienced due to their stance, the implications of these events for their professional and personal lives, and their responses to these events.'

That was a good pickup.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 4:49pm
GuySmiley wrote:

I see @info is attempting to rewrite history again just like he did about a year ago when late on a Saturday night he very clearly threatened to drive all the way to SA to sort out Uplift only to delete the post nice an early the following morning. All this was followed up by the usual online whinging to @stu about being trolled blah blah. If my memory serves me correctly it was this "blow up" that got Uplift banned and the 10 minute edit function introduced (certainly it was around it anyways).

The thing is we are all entitled to our opinions and kudos to @info for being perhaps the only resident right (far) wing ideologue who praises Hanson, Trump, his beloved LNP political parties and assorted hanger-ons. Free country and all. But where it goes to custard in my book is where opinion and fact are confused and where the same misrepresentation of the facts are presented year after year. So if there are no shared facts there can be no sensible discussion. Simple concept, hopefully.

Obviously i dont expect you too take ownership of your unprovoked random trolling because you are clearly a person of weak character, hence why you are so cagey.

Obviously you have some weird idea that i got Herc banned and want some payback of some kind, well Herc has nothing to do with me, bringing him up every time i call your behaviour out is completely pathetic.

Its been said before anyone with half a brain knows why Herc was banned it wasn't one incident it was a very very long running history of just being abusive and causing chaos, and while only Admin and him know the exact history, it did seem like he went missing for periods after his blow ups which many of us assumed means he was either told to take a break or banned before, it's safe to assume he had many chances...

Im sure i recall admin even addressed you on the reasons why he was banned im sure they even said it wasn't because of one incident.

Anyway, yes i did say some stupid things in the moment of very heated discussion, and yes i then deleted my post not long after as regretted the things i said, I've owned that.

Most people understand that somebody blowing up in a heated moment and then regretting it happens, and also understand that its very different to a long running pattern of behaviour attacking others simple because you dont share their views.

The problem you have is you desperately want my voice silenced and me cancelled and you thought you had hit the jackpot when i blew up that night.

Personally im not a fascist like you, so i dont aim to have people banned, if i dont agree with people i just ignore them or challenge their views.

BTW. Im a fan of many conservatives but I've been pretty clear I'm not really a fan of Trump or even Hanson, yeah sure i enjoyed the left melting down over Trump and the entertainment factor when he was president and i was surprised on how well he did as president until Covid where he really dropped the ball, but i only mentioned it yesterday how i think he is dangerous, and im hoping he doesn't run in 2024 and Ron DeSantis does.

Regarding Hanson as ive said many times, i agree with some things she says and strongly disagree with her on many things too, but yeah the positive aspect i really respect about her and ive been vocal about is her battler spirit, she is tougher than anyone in Australian politics over the last 30 years, and she has done it in a male dominated space, if she wasn't a conservative she would be praised by many for her strength as a women even feminist would praise her.

Yes this is an opinion, but id like to hear who is still in Aust politics and who you think is tougher? and why?

Regarding what you believe are facts, look i really dont care if you agree with me or not, im happy for you to dispute and challenge the things i say, but the problem is most of the time i dont think you can, plus you clearly think you are above others like me, the typical white collar city leftist, so just resort to lazy trolling or mocking instead.

JB1's picture
JB1's picture
JB1 Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 5:03pm

Yawn.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 6:50pm

Brian Martin is a quack.. The paper won’t hold much weight given his background along with SG’s pick up.

https://www.swellnet.com/comment/742964#comment-742964

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 8:29pm

Bring back Big Lifty

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 8:49pm

Hear Hear!! @SS