Mainstream Media Vs the culture of resuuuuurch.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond started the topic in Wednesday, 23 Feb 2022 at 4:39pm

Just browsing the online shitrag that is News.com today and came across this article on the Queen and how it was portrayed she was using Ivermectin, when according to the article she wasn't. Note the language used..particularly the use of the word 'dangerous'.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/channel-9-apolo...
Then i looked up an article about Ivermectin pre Covid and found this one...
https://www.isglobal.org/en/healthisglobal/-/custom-blog-portlet/ivermec...
Note the line: "Because of its excellent safety profile and broad spectrum of activity, ivermectin is catalogued by the World Health Organisation as an essential medicine and is regarded by many as a "magic bullet" for global health."
Alot of talk on these forums lately is about trusting the science, listening to the experts, most of which use the big media giants as their platforms to broadcast information. If you choose to question what is pumped out adnauseum to you these days you're labelled a tin foil hatter, a conspiracy theorist and accused of posting misinformation.
I just wonder what other peoples thoughts are on the media narrative as opposed to doing your own research. I once trusted the media alot more, however in this day and age, when we have soooo much information available at the touch of a keypad, some false, some verifiable, it's hard to trust the media when you can easily catch them out in blatant lies, or at the very least, misleading the public as shown above.
Anyway, that's my thoughts. Wondering on others. Just gonna read, not going to chirp in on this one.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 1:39pm
burleigh wrote:

But from what i understand you are not getting the 4th or 5th jab that these experts are recommending. Do you not trust these experts anymore?

Or, maybe they don't fall into a recommended group? Note: there are no 'recommendations' for anyone for a 5th booster dose, only for the 4th, as per below:

Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation wrote:

A second booster dose (that is a 4th dose) is recommended for people in the following groups, 3 months after the first booster dose:

- people 50 years or older
- residents aged 16 years and older of an aged care or disability care facility
- people aged 16 years and older who have complex, chronic, or severe medical conditions that increase their risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- people aged 16 years and older with disability with significant or complex health needs, or multiple comorbidities that increase the risk of poor outcome from COVID-19.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/adv...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 1:41pm
AndyM wrote:

"there is nothing we can be absolutely sure about, that we have no monopoly on the truth"

This is the problem with post-modernism or relativism or whatever this fits under.
People use this specious little concept to support the most ridiculous of theories, from pyramids in the Antarctic, to the ability of the body to naturally deal with smallpox or polio, to the possibility of people walking through solid walls.
We need to accept that there are universalities - if we continue with the trend of relativism we end up with (if we haven't already) a society which has lost any common ground from which to start discussions, and this is a big problem for democracy, now and into the future.
If nothing else, it will provide highly fertile ground for demagogues and populists.

Yeah, ol' Carl was talking from the eve of post-modernism.

However, there is a point to accept, it's just that three decades have made it less succinct.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 1:54pm
thermalben wrote:
burleigh wrote:

But from what i understand you are not getting the 4th or 5th jab that these experts are recommending. Do you not trust these experts anymore?

Or, maybe they don't fall into a recommended group? Note: there are no 'recommendations' for anyone for a 5th booster dose, only for the 4th, as per below:

Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation wrote:

A second booster dose (that is a 4th dose) is recommended for people in the following groups, 3 months after the first booster dose:

- people 50 years or older
- residents aged 16 years and older of an aged care or disability care facility
- people aged 16 years and older who have complex, chronic, or severe medical conditions that increase their risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- people aged 16 years and older with disability with significant or complex health needs, or multiple comorbidities that increase the risk of poor outcome from COVID-19.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/adv...

Thanks Ben. 4th dose is also available for people 30 - 49 if they choose to have it. with the media machine in full swing about this new "wave" how long until they recommend the 4th shot for this age group? Plenty of chat from the “experts” about slow uptake of the booster for the booster.

Australia has purchased enough vaccine to vaccinate the population 7 times over.

Also, media everyday about data breaches. What has our wonderful non corrupt government got coming for us?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 1:57pm
burleigh wrote:

Thanks Ben. 4th dose is also available for people 30 - 49 if they choose to have it. with the media machine in full swing about this new "wave" how long until they recommend the 4th shot for this age group?

Even if it's eventually recommended (which is speculation), it's not mandated. So, best not to use one line of reasoning to justify another.

burleigh wrote:

Also, media everyday about data breaches. What has our wonderful non corrupt government got coming for us?

Not sure what you're implying (re: government), but data breaches are an unfortunate by-product of the digital world we live in.

Can you offer an alternative?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 2:10pm
stunet wrote:
AndyM wrote:

"there is nothing we can be absolutely sure about, that we have no monopoly on the truth"

This is the problem with post-modernism or relativism or whatever this fits under.
People use this specious little concept to support the most ridiculous of theories, from pyramids in the Antarctic, to the ability of the body to naturally deal with smallpox or polio, to the possibility of people walking through solid walls.
We need to accept that there are universalities - if we continue with the trend of relativism we end up with (if we haven't already) a society which has lost any common ground from which to start discussions, and this is a big problem for democracy, now and into the future.
If nothing else, it will provide highly fertile ground for demagogues and populists.

Yeah, ol' Carl was talking from the eve of post-modernism.

However, there is a point to accept, it's just that three decades have made it less succinct.

There's definitely a point there, but people using this aphorism to support whatever ideology they choose is a pretty major digression at best and totally disingenuous or delusional at worst.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 2:13pm

@Burls
"Very noticeable that you left out the body naturally dealing with covid and instead used Polio & smallpox. 2 viruses that have not been discussed in this forum."

You specifically said that kids in London should not be vaccinated against polio. I pressed you on this and you were quite clear.
In any case, although I know if makes you uncomfortable because you haven't got a leg to stand on, mentioning those diseases in the context of this thread is totally to the point.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 2:16pm
AndyM wrote:

@Burls
"Very noticeable that you left out the body naturally dealing with covid and instead used Polio & smallpox. 2 viruses that have not been discussed in this forum."

You specifically said that kids in London should not be vaccinated against polio. I pressed you on this and you were quite clear.
In any case, although I know if makes you uncomfortable because you haven't got a leg to stand on, mentioning those diseases in the context of this thread is totally to the point.

Vaccinated from a virus caused by an oral vaccine originally created to stop the virus its now caused. ahhh yeah, now i remember. What's happened in London anyway?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 2:21pm

So best not to vaccinate against polio?
Interesting morals and ethics you've got Burls.
Reckon if you and yours got polio you'd rapidly reconsider.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 2:30pm
AndyM wrote:

So best not to vaccinate against polio?
Interesting morals and ethics you've got Burls.
Reckon if you and yours got polio you'd rapidly reconsider.

There was no polio detected in humans. Just the shit they test.

So I stand firm, I would not vaccinate my child based on that alone.

Isn’t it ironic that big pharma caused the issue though. We had a vaccine that worked already, but they changed it and not polio was back in peoples poo.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 2:36pm
AndyM wrote:

As soon as i read that, all i could see and hear is these lyrics...great song and lyrics.

Yoooouuuuu dooooo noooot haaaave a monopoly on the truuuuuth
Believe everything you read and in twenty years we'll put you behind glass
For all the people to come seeeeeee
They'll be rolling in the aisles
Whatever yoooouuu waaaaaaant
Whatever it is you haven't gooooottt

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 3:27pm

"There was no polio detected in humans. Just the shit they test."

???

Like, you know, shit from humans?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 3:34pm
AndyM wrote:

"There was no polio detected in humans. Just the shit they test."

???

Like, you know, shit from humans?

Could be from absolutely anything. It ain’t just shit going down the toilet. I would think a man like yourself wouldn’t make assumptions like that.

Still yet to acknowledge the oral vaccine that this variant of polio derived from was caused from big pharma????

Did they have an immunity from prosecution for the oral vaccine?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 3:45pm

Yeah you're right, we shouldn't have bothered with a polio vaccine.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 3:48pm

"Still yet to acknowledge the oral vaccine that this variant of polio derived from was caused from big pharma????"

My god, this is a next level silly statement from you Burls.

But in reality "the major driver behind both vaccine-derived and wild polio outbreaks remains under-vaccinated populations"

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/why-has-poli...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 4:10pm
AndyM wrote:

Yeah you're right, we shouldn't have bothered with a polio vaccine.

Idiot. we had one that worked just fine. Big Pharma created a new oral vaccine that has now caused polio to re-surface.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 4:46pm

Might have worked fine in theory but was not suited for mass vax campaigns.

You're all over the place Burls.

Bottom line is, kids should be vaxxed against polio and if vax rates are high enough, effects of the (outdated) oral vaccine are not an issue.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 5:07pm

Also, the Oral Polio Vaccine was better in other ways as well.
In 1962, Cuba began to administer the OPV in nationwide immunization programmes.
OPV had an added benefit that paved the road to eradication. While IPV protected the vaccinated child, it did not stop the poliovirus from spreading between children.

OPV, on the other hand, interrupted the chain of transmission, meaning that this was a powerful vaccine to stop polio outbreaks in their tracks.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 5:27pm
AndyM wrote:

Might have worked fine in theory but was not suited for mass vax campaigns.

You're all over the place Burls.

Bottom line is, kids should be vaxxed against polio and if vax rates are high enough, effects of the (outdated) oral vaccine are not an issue.

So we have to vaccinate our kids to combat another shit vaccine approved by governments?

Sounds like a narcissistic relationship. Except the narcissist have full immunity No matter how bad they treat you.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 5:40pm

No we have to vaccinate our kids against polio.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 5:43pm
AndyM wrote:

*vaccine derived polio

Fixed it for you

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 6:17pm

Oh you dumb fuck.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 6:43pm

Crazy to think this happened in Australia (Victoria) only about 2 years ago, no fishing alone and no swimming even with a mask...crazy days.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 6:46pm

Someone throw burleighKaren a life preserver.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 6:48pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Crazy to think this happened in Australia (Victoria) only about 2 years ago, no fishing alone and no swimming even with a mask...crazy days.

Haha, whoever did that bottom one is a fucking legend, deserves a reward. Didn’t see this before, you made my day info.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 6:50pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 6:54pm

Occasionally I still see a lone driver masked up , or someone walking along an empty street masked up , haven’t seen anyone on a pushy wearing one for awhile.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 7:20pm

I went to a Crowded House concert on Sunday…I saw 1 person with a mask the whole day. I really think everyone is just getting on with life, which is what we all need to do.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 7:37pm
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

*vaccine derived polio

Fixed it for you

Come on mate, think about it.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 7:56pm
Roadkill wrote:

I went to a Crowded House concert on Sunday…I saw 1 person with a mask the whole day. I really think everyone is just getting on with life, which is what we all need to do.

I personally know 3 young families (generational) living in very unstable circumstances over the last 8 months. Forced to relocate / short term rent / move in with parents due to skyrocket housing prices and zero availability rentals. They have seen their childhood regional home and future housing opportunity blow up overnight

They really just want to get on with life.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 8:09pm
garyg1412 wrote:

Alfred I've come to the conclusion that a computer keyboard tends to stop brain cell stimulation past the age of a 10 year old for some. Maybe we can all agree that the term "bedwetters" is better suited to a bit of junior school playground verbal abuse.

Garyg1412. Mate, I’m totally exhausted and I haven’t even written a thing on this topic. Reading this tripe makes me want to take a Bex and have a lie down. Hope you are well. AW

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 9 Nov 2022 at 8:24pm
blackers wrote:

Oh you dumb fuck.

Hahahaha

This thread is amazing

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 1:40am

Midnite Hour comes & goes...no ransom was paid.
2022 : Only 4% of 46% that chose to pay ransom were rewarded with their data return.

Fussy Hackers say Medibank data is hard too tricky to understand...need some more time.
They transfer International Medical procedure codes in place of Medicare codes.
They threaten to release data in drabs & will try to make it look pretty...

By own admission they have altered the data. (It's non official & corrupted = worthless! ( Or is it? )

Medicare will inform those whose data is posted online & offer assist.

AFP : "Be suspicious of unexpected online activity but never click suss links...inform organization!"
"It's considered an offence to access (View) & download (Stolen Data)."

Illegal Comparison : [ All are prohibited from entering own crime scene to retrieve their own data file. ]
The procedure is to inform of your stolen data & report it, but never to access a suss crime scene.
Meaning : The dark web ransom site is equally a crime scene only without the tape & guard.

AFP : "We urge people not to re/publish other's / personal unlawful info!"
"The law will act swiftly against any 'attempting' to criminally exploit or benefit from stolen Data."
Attempting also includes criminal access & downloads required to corrupt data further!

We need a united stance of Govt / Police / Media as one, agreeing to enforce a solid response.
Media have not relayed any data & have committed not to relay stolen data...(Some not all!)
2 examples ( Channel 9 our lips are sealed (vs) Crikey..." What do ya wanna know? ") Yes! That different!
Without a united front the lines get blurred & individual patients will inevitably cross the line.

Delayed corrupted data is illegal to view, download & share.
This is why we can not share even a peep at a small sample, a day after the first data dump.
Examples of Data are simply a series of mixed media fillers that do not fuel the ransom.
Client no : Medicare no : app ||||||||||||| home |||||||||||||| p |||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||| Medi Rep ||||||||||||||||||||
http # @ & ! * # % ~ & ? onion

If there is a fine line...it's the one that we recently drew ourselves...
We often see Media interference to pre judge & corrupt trials & Media edit out live acts of terrorism.
Currently Media are relaying the Hacker's demands but censor the threatening vile act of data ransom.

Vile Hacker's Judgement of Naughty & Good amongst stigmatized patients hints at future evil plans.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhDOqVVXoAAJmOL?format=png&name=large

This also opens up another new layer of self style online victim vigilante.

tbb was startled at how quick this turns to shit...one can already choose any entry level they please.
Medibank : "We verify Data the Criminal has released & will continue to release on the Dark Web!"
itnews : "AFP included Medibank into Operation Guardian suggests (Leaked Data is Genuine!)"
Medibank Patient tweeting that their leaked file was accurate!

So far we can read that the line is approaching fast with admiration of genuine Pro Hackers longevity!
However..this next one threw tbb...this is well off the charts & will likely be in breach of Media ethics!

Crikey : "We logged into the Dark Web site & called dozens of the Patient's numbers...(You did what?)
Many are non operational or don't relate to the patient, but doesn't disprove legitimacy of data!"
"Device ID's of 100's of Staff phones!"
"Hackers / Medibank Emails & texts from original ransom in Oct > 7th Nov (Staff's) Ransom refusal."
{Important!} Company have not confirmed Crikey's rendition! (Mostly as it crosses every line that ever was!)
https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/11/09/medibank-customer-employee-negotiat...

All round thumbs up support for the Hacker sitting pretty with his new Dark Web fan club!
By simply verifying the Hackers attention to detail helpfully ticks the weirdo 'pretty' tag!
Now removes any doubt that the Hacker's data is reliable & can be banked on...surrender to his power!
By running personal commentary on Dark Web Ransom Site only serves to empower the Hacker.

This twitter site also rides that fine line...not sure when the AFP step in to "Tape off their Crime Scene"
Staff negotiate & refuse Hacker then get ransomed...Union / AFP might wanna know about that.

Reckon the line was just crossed...pretty heavy workplace."Tough day at the office luv!" Could say that!
OMG...this is well fucked up already even without the Hackers...no coming back from this...
All visualize the shaking CEO hiding behind his secretary's skirt..."Just tell that big bad man to go away!"

AFP : "Warn Oz citizens not to pay any ransom to cyber criminals!"

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 11:43am

Queenslanders are advised to wear face masks on public transport and healthcare settings from tomorrow..

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 3:25pm
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 3:39pm

They had mask rules on public transport last time I was up there. No one was wearing them. Got on a ferry that had massive signs about having to wear a mask and not even the crew were wearing them, and this was when it was mandatory. Taxis , buses , trains were all the same, drivers and staff.
Except for planes, they were pretty strict on it. But you could sit in a crowded airport without one though.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 3:49pm

Burliegh that is disingenuous. Nothing is being introduced it’s just a suggestion and you would know that.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 3:52pm
seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 3:59pm

That’s one bbq I’d be leaving early.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 4:33pm

Delusional: A belief or altered reality that is persistently held despite evidence to the contrary, generally in reference to a mental disorder.
Narcissism: A disorder in which a person has an inflated sense of self-importance.
Recalcitrant: Having an obstinately uncooperative attitude towards authority or discipline. Often seen in prepubescent males.
Pretentious: Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.
Paranoia: Feeling extremely nervous and worried because you believe people or institutions are out to get you.
Anti-science: A set of attitudes that involve a rejection of science and scientific method.
You don't have to be Sigmund Freud to guess who ticks all the above boxes. Still, I guess nobody is perfect.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 7:25pm
old-dog wrote:

Delusional: A belief or altered reality that is persistently held despite evidence to the contrary, generally in reference to a mental disorder.
Narcissism: A disorder in which a person has an inflated sense of self-importance.
Recalcitrant: Having an obstinately uncooperative attitude towards authority or discipline. Often seen in prepubescent males.
Pretentious: Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.
Paranoia: Feeling extremely nervous and worried because you believe people or institutions are out to get you.
Anti-science: A set of attitudes that involve a rejection of science and scientific method.
You don't have to be Sigmund Freud to guess who ticks all the above boxes. Still, I guess nobody is perfect.

Oh look, olddog has learnt how to copy/paste. Congratulations.

You’re talking about roadkill right?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 8:40pm

Part of the problem is, in certain circles it's fashionable to spout delusional beliefs and to appear to be narcissistic.
Because, like, no one can tell me what to believe, man.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 9:22pm

I’m definitely recalcitrant.
Back to masks though etc in Qld they are only suggesting and that will be of benefit to those that require that extra layer of protection. No mandates.
I work in an industry that involves more vulnerable individuals. Just over a month ago we were mandated to get a third jab. Some colleagues went get fucked it is not necessary with hindsight. A month later it all changed to no longer required and no longer need to mask up. Staff back on roster. Probably the main reason for backflip. Ridiculous. Then a week later 4th wave in media and only suggestion of masking up. The numbskulls that we elect aren’t pushing the envelope anymore. Unless it’s full zombie apocalypse there won’t be any mandates from Qld gov.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 7:36am

A bit of over reaction coming in.
Wear a mask if you want and the rest of us get on with it. Hardly no one on the GC cares much now. I just see people going about their day with little fear or drama.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 11:16am
AndyM wrote:

Part of the problem is, in certain circles it's fashionable to spout delusional beliefs and to appear to be narcissistic.

The other part of the problem is people believing everything they see on the news. Because why would they lie, man?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 11:17am
Roadkill wrote:

Wear a mask if you want and the rest of us get on with it. Hardly no one on the GC cares much now. I just see people going about their day with little fear or drama.

I like your new anti science, anti medical approach. Next you’ll be asking to borrow my tin foil hat

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 12:10pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

I like your new anti science, anti medical approach. Next you’ll be asking to borrow my tin foil hat

Not anti science at all. The science tells that we can get on with life. Hardly no one makes their decisions based off what govt departments or the media tells us.

Omicron and a weakening virus and knowledge about treating covid allows us to now carry on in a more normal way

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 12:24pm
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

The other part of the problem is people believing everything they see on the news. Because why would they lie, man?

Agreed but that ideally wouldn't mean heading off in a panic down some nonsense far-right rabbit hole.
My m.o. is to go with the settled science (whether wrt vax, climate change or that the earth is round), be sceptical of the politicians and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 1:20pm
AndyM wrote:
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

Agreed but that ideally wouldn't mean heading off in a panic down some nonsense far-right rabbit hole.
My m.o. is to go with the settled science (whether wrt vax, climate change or that the earth is round), be sceptical of the politicians and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Care to clarify settled science re the vaccine Andy M and what science exactly regarding the vaccine that you are happy to hitch your wagon to? Which scientists and what science is it that you're happy to settle on??