Mainstream Media Vs the culture of resuuuuurch.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond started the topic in Wednesday, 23 Feb 2022 at 4:39pm

Just browsing the online shitrag that is News.com today and came across this article on the Queen and how it was portrayed she was using Ivermectin, when according to the article she wasn't. Note the language used..particularly the use of the word 'dangerous'.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/channel-9-apolo...
Then i looked up an article about Ivermectin pre Covid and found this one...
https://www.isglobal.org/en/healthisglobal/-/custom-blog-portlet/ivermec...
Note the line: "Because of its excellent safety profile and broad spectrum of activity, ivermectin is catalogued by the World Health Organisation as an essential medicine and is regarded by many as a "magic bullet" for global health."
Alot of talk on these forums lately is about trusting the science, listening to the experts, most of which use the big media giants as their platforms to broadcast information. If you choose to question what is pumped out adnauseum to you these days you're labelled a tin foil hatter, a conspiracy theorist and accused of posting misinformation.
I just wonder what other peoples thoughts are on the media narrative as opposed to doing your own research. I once trusted the media alot more, however in this day and age, when we have soooo much information available at the touch of a keypad, some false, some verifiable, it's hard to trust the media when you can easily catch them out in blatant lies, or at the very least, misleading the public as shown above.
Anyway, that's my thoughts. Wondering on others. Just gonna read, not going to chirp in on this one.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 2:57pm

BD you're such a rabid conspiracy theorist it'd be a waste of time engaging with you.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 3:14pm

Fair enough mate. No need to be like that. Thought it was a fairly straight forward questiion w a straight forward answer.
Funny, i asked Stok the same question and haven't seen him on this thread since.
Surprised with how much you have to say lately on the topic you've suddenly decided to be quiet. Quite a simple quest considering youre so critical of where others get their beliefs and information from.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 3:33pm
bluediamond wrote:

Fair enough mate. No need to be like that. Thought it was a fairly straight forward questiion w a straight forward answer.
Funny, i asked Stok the same question and haven't seen him on this thread since.
Surprised with how much you have to say lately on the topic you've suddenly decided to be quiet. Quite a simple quest considering youre so critical of where others get their beliefs and information from.

Very straight forward. Stok, AndyM and co are very narcissistic when asked questions they don’t want to answer and quickly turn it onto you.
Stok, the man 110% for science and everything related to covid vaccines refuses to answer if his kids were vaccinated which was part of his science.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 4:15pm
burleigh wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Very straight forward. Stok, AndyM and co are very narcissistic when asked questions they don’t want to answer and quickly turn it onto you.
Stok, the man 110% for science and everything related to covid vaccines refuses to answer if his kids were vaccinated which was part of his science.

“when asked questions they don’t want to answer and quickly turn it onto you”
Who does that remind us of?..oh yeah you, burleighKaren.
So often demands others answer questions yet never answers a question.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 5:49pm
bluediamond wrote:

Sorry mate, you and Burls are just too rigid, too ideologically driven.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 6:27pm

Im just tryimg to follow the science mate. But every time i do it leads me to a multi billion dollar criminal company that wont allow you, me or even the worlds leadimg scientists to analyse and debate the production and testing of the vaccine. Well not for 75years. Well apart from the heavily redacted versions they were forced to reveal. If that makes me rigid and you open minded on the matter, fair play to ya. Its hard seeing the forest from the trees down these rabbit holes. Im just curious as to what vaccinre science it is that youre privvy to, as im sure you have done some research on it to be happy to 'settle for the science"

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 6:42pm
bluediamond wrote:

Im just tryimg to follow the science mate. But every time i do it leads me to a multi billion dollar criminal company that wont allow you, me or even the worlds leadimg scientists to analyse and debate the production and testing of the vaccine. Well not for 75years. Well apart from the heavily redacted versions they were forced to reveal. If that makes me rigid and you open minded on the matter, fair play to ya. Its hard seeing the forest from the trees down these rabbit holes. Im just curious as to what vaccinre science it is that youre privvy to, as im sure you have done some research on it to be happy to 'settle for the science"

Ha ha..funny stuff.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 6:47pm
AndyM wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Sorry mate, you and Burls are just too rigid, too ideologically driven.

I can agree on science like “wearing a hat is sun protection”
I can’t agree on silence like “covid vaccines and sage and effective. Trust us” then the entire world catches covid after getting jabbed 23 times.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 8:07pm

Don't kid yourself, you can't even agree that a polio vaccination is a good idea.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 8:16pm
AndyM wrote:

Don't kid yourself, you can't even agree that a polio vaccination is a good idea.

Here’s the Narcissistic. Didn’t take long

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 8:35pm

If you think that's narcissism then you really are too far gone.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 9:32pm

If theres anything positive about this forum, its the possibility to educate each other and share ideas. All im asking is which science regarding the vaccine is the one youre happy to settle on and where did you get that info from Andy M. I would have thought this would be a perfect opportunity to educate as im completely in the dark about what science you have put your trust in.
If thats beyond answering, im a little baffled considering all your posts discrediting anyone who questions the vaccines potential for injury.
Have heard of 2 heart attacks in the last two days in my circle of friends. One my age, survived, the other, 50s, dead. Just saw his wife on the beach, he was healthy, lifting boxes and boom. Over. Coincidence. Maybe. But an increase by 15% or so of deaths in oz in last 3months as well as similar figures in europe and uk, a huge portion of them heart related, surely, questions should be askef, and it shoukdnt b a taboo subject.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 9:48pm

BD I'm not talking about THE vaccine, you're fixated.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 11:44pm

800 Fully brewed 4x super strained VIPs just waiting for the signal to invade our shore!
PM ALBO : "We decide which VIP WR Covid Tsunami wipes out Sydney Harbour!"
https://www.baiscopelk.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/The-Eight-Hundred-...
"Luv the smell of Mass Vax in the mornin'!" (Cough!)
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/cruise-ship-with-estimated-800-covid...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 9:22am
san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 9:24am
bluediamond wrote:

If theres anything positive about this forum, its the possibility to educate each other and share ideas. All im asking is which science regarding the vaccine is the one youre happy to settle on and where did you get that info from Andy M. I would have thought this would be a perfect opportunity to educate as im completely in the dark about what science you have put your trust in.
If thats beyond answering, im a little baffled considering all your posts discrediting anyone who questions the vaccines potential for injury.
Have heard of 2 heart attacks in the last two days in my circle of friends. One my age, survived, the other, 50s, dead. Just saw his wife on the beach, he was healthy, lifting boxes and boom. Over. Coincidence. Maybe. But an increase by 15% or so of deaths in oz in last 3months as well as similar figures in europe and uk, a huge portion of them heart related, surely, questions should be askef, and it shoukdnt b a taboo subject.

FYI, have a look at standardised death rates from the ABS
"All jurisdictions recorded an increase in death registrations in 2021. This follows lower death counts in 2020, after the introduction of public health measures to limit the spread of COVID-19"
https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/people/population/deaths-australia/lat...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 9:49am

But, but, but The Vax!

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 10:11am

@ bluediamond, you seem to assume that any heart related deaths are caused by the vaccine and not from covid itself. Heart problems have always been the biggest cause of death around the world, many people have underlying heart problems they are unaware of and having covid could put extra stress on their cardiovascular system pushing them over the edge. If you want real science, did you check out the link udo posted a few pages ago from the independent sage group listing all the covid myths. Dozens of professors, doctors and virus experts who are not being paid or beholden to anyone but just trying to counter all the misinformation online. If you were to ring any university in the world and talk to the professors who have spent their lives studying in this field they would all tell you the exact opposite to what burleigh and co are preaching here. Surely you can't possibly believe they are all either lying or being coerced to toe the line.
Why listen to wellness bloggers and unqualified nobodies on inst and facebook who are making a living from their blogging.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 10:17am

Maybe people just like trying to be the suppository of all wisdom, it's much cooler.
Being an epistemological hipster is in fashion.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 10:32am

Absolute gold! :)

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 10:43am

Hilarious, that is why science is so important, it is not one mans opinion but the sum total of all mankind's knowledge up until this point in time.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 10:45am

BD has a valid point that's interesting to watch people in here dodge and prance around.

The reality with covid is you can find reputable, valid, peer-reviewed, published "science" to support whatever view of covid, lockdowns, vaccines, etc, that you want.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 10:50am
old-dog wrote:

@ bluediamond, you seem to assume that any heart related deaths are caused by the vaccine and not from covid itself. Heart problems have always been the biggest cause of death around the world, many people have underlying heart problems they are unaware of and having covid could put extra stress on their cardiovascular system pushing them over the edge. If you want real science, did you check out the link udo posted a few pages ago from the independent sage group listing all the covid myths. Dozens of professors, doctors and virus experts who are not being paid or beholden to anyone but just trying to counter all the misinformation online. If you were to ring any university in the world and talk to the professors who have spent their lives studying in this field they would all tell you the exact opposite to what burleigh and co are preaching here. Surely you can't possibly believe they are all either lying or being coerced to toe the line.
Why listen to wellness bloggers and unqualified nobodies on inst and facebook who are making a living from their blogging.

No sir, they didn’t have heart related problems from the vaccine, it was covid.
But they were vaccinated against covid….. nah it was covid. Don’t ask questions.

Just like covid caused the huge rise in myocarditis, it definitely wasn’t the vaccine it was covid that they were vaccinated against but still caught and then it damaged their heart.

You fools

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 10:56am

After all Andy Ms smug little posts, still no clear answer on a very simple question ( one would assume).considering you're so condescending and self assured, why cant you tell me ANYTHING about the science behind the vaccine that youre so vigorously defending?
Old dog, if yiu read my post, i state its possibly a coincidence, but surely requires a deeper dive. And if you have links from all those independent docs and scientists that reveal the information Andy M cant provide from above, id really love to see it.
@sanguine cheers for that link. It doesnt include 2022 and the 3-6month time period, that myself and mamy others are concerned about. Even the bloody UK government are starting to voice serious concerns about the jab and are trying to encourage a measured and less divisive approach to discussing it and the data coming out. And on that note, if i ever post links now, its only government or scientific data, or if its a "wellness" vlog, iys someone whos put more time in than me to analyze and present that data using their platform as a medium. As usual on here though, its the person and not the actual content that gets feathered and tarred.
By the way, that was 3heartattacks in 2 days, not 2. I found out about another mates dad who had one. Its a very small community down here. Think Hastings point size. Coincidence? Sure

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 11:19am
bluediamond wrote:

After all Andy Ms smug little posts, still no clear answer on a very simple question ( one would assume).considering you're so condescending and self assured, why cant you tell me ANYTHING about the science behind the vaccine that youre so vigorously defending?
Old dog, if yiu read my post, i state its possibly a coincidence, but surely requires a deeper dive. And if you have links from all those independent docs and scientists that reveal the information Andy M cant provide from above, id really love to see it.
@sanguine cheers for that link. It doesnt include 2022 and the 3-6month time period, that myself and mamy others are concerned about. Even the bloody UK government are starting to voice serious concerns about the jab and are trying to encourage a measured and less divisive approach to discussing it and the data coming out. And on that note, if i ever post links now, its only government or scientific data, or if its a "wellness" vlog, iys someone whos put more time in than me to analyze and present that data using their platform as a medium. As usual on here though, its the person and not the actual content that gets feathered and tarred.
By the way, that was 3heartattacks in 2 days, not 2. I found out about another mates dad who had one. Its a very small community down here. Think Hastings point size. Coincidence? Sure

It’s not a coincidence BD, we all know that.

It’s sad that the same gritters would rather keep defending their original stance than admitting that maybe they got it wrong.

Roadkill is that person but he still can’t bring himself to admit it he was coerced and manipulated.

The jab is poison, they can blame covid, yet these same people dying/heart attacks but as the tools keep banging on about here is that 95% of the population took the poison.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 11:23am
gsco wrote:

BD has a valid point that's interesting to watch people in here dodge and prance around.

The reality with covid is you can find reputable, valid, peer-reviewed, published "science" to support whatever view of covid, lockdowns, vaccines, etc, that you want.

I’ve said explicitly before that Covid is different, there are a lot more areas open to discussion, mainly media and politics. .
It’s when this gets extrapolated to justify any number of silly conspiracy theories that the “prancing” stops.
Sometimes you’re not entitled to your opinion - some things are just not up for debate.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 11:28am

I note from this ABS data for Jan-July 2022 that:
1. COVID deaths are at 6651
2. Cancer, dementia and diabetes deaths are up
3. Respiratory deaths (excludingCOVID) are steady
4. Ischaemic heart disease, ie. heart attacks, are also steady.

I suggest BD that your anecdotal evidence has little or no validity, no offence intended.
https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/causes-death/provisional-mortal...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 11:38am
bluediamond wrote:

BD as you are so keen to have simple questions answered, here is one for you.

Medical science proves a person has a greater chance of having heart issues from covid than from the vaccine.

You would have to agree with that really easy and fact proven statement?

Just a yes will suffice.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 11:43am
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Medical science proves a person has a greater chance of having heart issues from covid than from the vaccine.

Just a yes will suffice.

The same people that were vaccinated against Covid? Lol you really are a special human

Firstly, how do you know it wasn’t from the vaccine?
Secondly, if it was from covid (very doubtful) why didn’t the vaccine work?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 11:42am

That boy’s as sharp as a bowling ball.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 11:44am
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Just a yes will suffice.

The same people that were vaccinated against Covid? Lol you really are a special human

Clown 1. Didn’t answer the question. No surprise.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 11:47am

pretty sure i heard yesterday the uk no longer recommends mrna vaccines for young males

it was a snippet I scrolled through

but it seems there's definitely people now asking questions

people with 'authority' that is

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 11:56am

Plenty of countries don’t recommend the mRNA covid vaccine’s for certain age groups.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 12:04pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Just a yes will suffice.

Clown 1. Didn’t answer the question. No
surprise.

I though my reply was an answer. I’ll make it more simple for you.
The answer is NO

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 12:10pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Just a yes will suffice.

surprise.

The answer is NO

Then you are wrong. The science proves you are wrong.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 12:16pm

Paging Soggydog......

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 12:28pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Just a yes will suffice.

surprise.

The answer is NO

I’ll ask again:

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 1:02pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Just a yes will suffice.

surprise.

The answer is NO

I’ll ask again:

I don’t know it wasn’t from the vaccine, just like you don’t know it was. However, the current science proves there is a greater chance of having heart issues from COVID over the vaccine.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 1:10pm

Before anyone loses their shit this is a parody account, problems at Twitter continue as even though Elon says you must write parody next to your name if that’s the case , it doesn’t always happen . https://twitter.com/drjgerrardcho/status/1590877849300643841?s=46&t=_ABictBDRPBkKA1SaP_h5g

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 1:20pm
Supafreak wrote:

Plenty of countries don’t recommend the mRNA covid vaccine’s for certain age groups.

I dont know why anyone would get an mrna vaccine... the writing has been on the wall for a long time...

oh that's right, you couldn't see the writing... because of 'science' and shit...

anyway, just get the aztrazeneka, shut up the tut tut-ers, and get on with life...

50 million whinging poms cannot be wrong

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 1:22pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Just a yes will suffice.

surprise.

The answer is NO

I’ll ask again:

I don’t know it wasn’t from the vaccine, just like you don’t know it was. However, the current science proves there is a greater chance of having heart issues from COVID over the vaccine.

They have a brand new foreign substance in their veins known to cause heart issues and blood clots die of heart disease but also have covid (or had covid in the last 2 weeks) they are classed as a covid death not a death from the vaccine.

Surely you know this

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 1:30pm

@sanguine. Here's the UK data. Pretty sure similar numbers for europe too. Oz cardiac numbers lower but death rate still unususlly high from other diseases? That should be concerning.
Thanks for the link. Always enjoy your reasoned and educational posts. Alot easier to take on new information when its discussed in a civil way. Cheers
https://www.bmj.com/content/379/bmj.o2659

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 2:43pm

Roadkill you’ve been screaming that the science is clear that you’re more likely to get myocarditis from covid than the vaccine.

What tests are being carried out the determine that someone diagnosed with myocarditis is 100% from covid and not the vaccine?

Until you can prove that, covid sounds like an easy scapegoat for the poison causing major heart issues.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 2:51pm
burleigh wrote:

Roadkill you’ve been screaming that the science is clear that you’re more likely to get myocarditis from covid than the vaccine.

What tests are being carried out the determine that someone diagnosed with myocarditis is 100% from covid and not the vaccine?

Until you can prove that, covid sounds like an easy scapegoat for the poison causing major heart issues.

Well, kinda like your blaming the vax for everything? However, there is more evidence problems are caused from covid than the vaccine.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 2:53pm

I think bluediamond is avoiding the civil simple question he was asked.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 3:10pm

Looks like a reputable, balanced and reasonable link Udo.
Especially considering that, according to to U.S. News & World Report 2021-2022 Best Hospitals, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) has been ranked as the number two hospital for cancer care in the nation.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 3:16pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Well, kinda like your blaming the vax for everything? However, there is more evidence problems are caused from covid than the vaccine.

Im not blaming the vax on everything. But it does cause myocarditis. So if the experts want to say Covid causes more myocarditis than the vax you think it would be easily proven seeming that 95% of the population have had a vaccine.

And if it genuinely is from Covid, are they saying the vaccine didn't stop it?

It just doesn't add up.

1 + 1 doesn't equal 7

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 12 Nov 2022 at 3:26pm
AndyM wrote:

Looks like a reputable, balanced and reasonable link Udo.
Especially considering that, according to to U.S. News & World Report 2021-2022 Best Hospitals, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) has been ranked as the number two hospital for cancer care in the nation.

uh huh. Something we can agree on there AndyM. It's a reputable site that publishes reputable articles.
From that first link in the paper:
Conclusions
Based on passive surveillance reporting in the US, the risk of myocarditis after receiving mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines was increased across multiple age and sex strata and was highest after the second vaccination dose in adolescent males and young men. This risk should be considered in the context of the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination.