Are the swellnet forums turning to crap????

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming started the topic in Wednesday, 9 Dec 2020 at 6:59am

Fitzroy-21 made a good point in the other thread. (cut & pasted below)

"Years ago, we used to all post quite freely on here with opinions and thoughts on some great discussions. There would be some great piss takes, laughter and occasionally things would need to be reigned in if it got a little heated. It was just that, opinions and thoughts. Didn’t hurt anyone, gave an insight into differences and views you may not have previously considered.

Lately it has just become a toxic shit show. The amount of times I have written out a post to then just delete it, shut the lap top and walk away because I just couldn’t be fucked with the stupidity. There a now a couple of posters that have just ruined the whole culture of the place. The fact is, these posters are not just ordinary, run of the mill vanilla fuckwits, they are A-grade top shelf fuckwits. Swellnets self-appointed sheriffs.

I can only imagine what would have happened if old mate Wellymon had bought up the subject of bigfoot/sasquatch these days."

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 7:22am

Imagine if you could get barrelled Indo, how much better those early days would of been...

Hahah just kidding, they sound like amazing times. Pretty envious of you actually

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 8:31am

Ha ha yeah back hand im shit, forehand though its a strength, go figure...well its no surprise really i can go all year back home without going left,.

vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 8:03am

Forum is remind of old russian proverb

Bear, wolf and man all shit in forest. Only man wipe bottom on pine cone.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 8:28am

@Herc

Only edited my comment my little one line snipe at the end because Zen begged me (twice) and i have a lot of respect for Zen as do most here because while he has an opinion on things and doesnt always agree, he can do it in a very civil manner.

And obviously it wasnt a dig at your wife, if she was a member here id never say anything like that, but im sure she is not a member here because if she was im sure she would be kicking your arse real hard.

Anyway I'm sure she is a lovely lady, my wife has quite a few Philippine friends, always amazing people, always hard workers too.

Sadly though they always have one thing in common sadly they marry old ugly farts twice their age that go shopping for mail order brides because no other women in their right mind would touch them, highly doubt you are the rare exception, you never talk about the Philippines.

Anyway IMHO give us mixed marriage guys a bad name.

Yeah i clicked the link as was interested to see the context of the comment, ad yeah the vibe was all good, it was basically just a nice comment nothing more.

Anyway yeah, you can see how toxicity breeds toxicity in these forums and we know the two fuckwits that stir up shit trying to incite toxcitys, don't we.

This thread was like ants to honey for both of them.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 9:15am

You got the twice bit right Indo, dunno about begged though- politely suggested I would say.

Anyway mate, it was poor form regardless. Families are off limits unless it's something positive or constructive.

boogiefever's picture
boogiefever's picture
boogiefever Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 9:18am

I find this whole thread offensive and want to take it further..... Do any of you boomers have Allan Jones's phone number???? ACA and Tracey Grimshaw is going to 'out' all of you ....

D-Rex's picture
D-Rex's picture
D-Rex Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 9:25am

You are a nasty piece of work, indo! Confronting blacktivists like MB with a real black person's perspective is too much - please stop, his rose-coloured glasses are fogging-up!

boogiefever's picture
boogiefever's picture
boogiefever Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 9:32am

Indo writes.... 'See this is crap im talking about' then proceeds to lecture us all on the beliefs we should have. Your post is condescending dribble. Memes exist because a picture can say more than your irrelevant thousand words. Nobody got time to read your novels on life and if you dont like what others say then scroll on....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 9:35am

@Zen

It's not about his wife, comment was aimed at him not his wife, it's about the type of guy he clearly is, yeah its a low blow but the guy plays dirty, its shit i don't want to get involved in, but I'm also human i will bite if continually stirred up.

Anyway for anyone reading what did i say? this is what i ended my indo thing with, can't remember exact wording but was something like this. (not toned down)

"Maybe if you hadnt gone shopping for a Philippine mail order bride and had a real relationship with an Indo girl and learnt the language, you could also get the waves in Indo i do"

I see others here with the same issue Blowin for instance getting endlessly trolled by someone, hence he even changed his name for a while for some relief, but changed back when it was clear who he was.

The guidelines of the forum are clearly getting broken but dont get enforced.

2. Don't create social chaos. If we ask you to cut out some shit you're doing, do as we say.

6. No personal attacks against other users. Make your point without making things personal or insulting other people, even people who don't visit this website

Anyway im going to go do some shit and get offline, hopefully get a wave this arvo, if the wind plays fair.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 9:39am

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 9:41am

Hey noddy ever thunked what you have to say about all the topics you mistakenly think you’re informed on is just as offensive or toxic as a personal attack?

Go do some resurch on Google you might find a video on it, you know your favourite source for deep researching complex issues like indigenous affairs or climate.

You know having reread your low life comments on Herc’s link I have changed my mind. I was thinking you had mellowed but no you’re still the same pig ignorant arsehole with too much to say you’ve always been.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 10:18am

So Guy i answered your questions and showed you many aspects i have changed my mind on, completely proving you are wrong.

So again what have you changed your mind on?

Edit: keep it simple for you, one question at a time.

BTW. My source and views on indigenous issues are from indigenous people like Jacinta price, Anthony dillion, Warren Mundine etc, i listen to what they have to say from interviews, articles, social media and yes YouTube, i then also use personal experience and observation, and decide what makes sense and what doesn't.

And yes Youtube is a good source to get the views of someone like Jacinta price, because rather than a few lines or one page article, i can listen to her talk on issues for literally hours, only other avenues are books or actually going to see her speak. (but these are often recorded for youtube)

As for me not being informed, when you say that you are saying the same thing about the indigenous people i mention above.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 10:22am

My experience on these forums varies between having a dry steamer on a cold morning when the surf's pumping to that feeling you get when you pull a sock on and a thread gets caught in a toe nail to watching your favourite board go on the rocks after the leggie you know you should've replaced ages ago finally snaps in overhead waves.

To be fair that hasn't changed that much over the years but maybe that's because I don't bother with threads/topics that turn into schoolyard squabbles any more.

Just turn right over to the TV page.

ringmaster's picture
ringmaster's picture
ringmaster Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 10:29am

'Just turn right over to the TV page'.

Really??

I prefer to try to catch the deluge in a paper cup.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 10:32am

ringmaster

yeah definitely feels like that some days

Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne's picture
Michael Bourne Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 11:19am

And the real dream, the nightmare always comes out to play. Here you are, indoblown, insulting my wife again... and again... and again... labelling her to your heart's content. And why not, here's your nice safe, gutless, hidden platform to go for it with the full support of the wink, wink, nudge nudge, swillnut surf boyz. Stupe's boyz.

Nothing out of the ordinary here but. Because its your deepest smarmy, slimy truths, your deepest weird, sick fucker beliefs getting free reign. This, that you dodge again, as you revel in your 'masterplan'.

Benner also called it out:

'Hmmm..

Let's replace "burqa or niqab" with "biniki", the location from the "Dandenong markets" to "Bondi Beach", and let's switch stereotypes - Australian wife/husband, muslim bloke watching from the side.

Let's then see how this woman interacts with you (and how her husband reacts) after you "accidentally bump into her".

C'mon ID.. really? Why do you need to see how they react following fake body contact? What would it tell you that you wouldn't otherwise get from asking them a question?'

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico/307178?page=63

Its disturbing to have made so clear by you, that you view innocent couples just wanting a day out, as objects of your experiment, your playthings, just because you feel like it. And that whilst holding and championing this smarmy, slimy, stereotypical racist, misogynist, racist crap in your mind:

'Dreamon said, and recently stated that he is still planning this fucked up shit below.

'BTW. i saw a women at the market in Dandenong the other day with a burqua or maybe it was a Niqab it was kind of in-between couldn't see her face though, i was waiting for my missus so did a bit of people watching with her, to be honest she didn't look oppressed like the full black robe ones I've seen in Indonesia that look like servants of the men, actually looked the opposite in this case she had her little middle eastern guy following her around and from the body language she looked like she was wearing the pants so to speak.

It was quite crowded and was thinking maybe i will accidentally go bump into her and say sorry etc and see if she will interact with me and see the reaction of her husband, but by that time my missus had finished.'

You can spit out slimy, shitty lies to their faces without batting an eyelid. And honestly think, that if you told the truth, word for word, of your real thoughts and beliefs, your sick plan, that the inocent couple, 'playthings' to you, would love to get to know you better. FFS swillnut 101. And, yes, there's plenty of hidden, gutless, chickenshit, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, tone abbott surfee rats all too ready to jump on the slimy, smarmy, ss swillnut 'culcha' craft.

Likewise you lie your guts out about 'context', as you again waded down, and revelled in the path of your true beliefs.

'I dont agree Floyd I'm sure there is many many many true indigenous people that feel as i do and think it's a joke that some white fella thinks he is indigenous because their great great grandmother was indigenous, id sure feel that way if i was a true indigenous person'

And then out it burst... like a pussy, slimy, bursting boil...

'I can't believe nobody came up with the old line.

"It doesn't matter how much milk you put in coffee it's still coffee"

Which well is not true at some point it just becomes coffee flavour milk.'

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico/352734?page=1

Its 2020, swillnut surfee culcha... sinkin' the boots, settin' the tone, all protected and smarmy, again... and again... and again...

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 12:13pm

Hi Indo , just wondering also if you changed your mind about Dark Emu after I posted the "finds in Western Vic " of a 6000 yr old aboriginal settlement with , well, farming and permanent abodes?
there has been an evolution on the forums , originally there were conversations . then opinions of people became so precious , that dissent grew and then the personal attacks started , then people dug in on their opinions and stopped listening , and though by denigrating the other person it would somehow strengthen their argument , now we see a fragmented forum where personal insults seem to be on the rise , and the real issues of the day are just conduits to more personal abuse , so really why bother arguing unless the forums are just for venting?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 2:36pm

pretty funny a thread about too much toxic shit giving, has turned into who's got the biggest indo pioneer wheelhouse knob

it's almost like toxic masculinity is real...

personally I'm a bit jealous of all the experiences above

though, not overly jealous of a guy that's travelled nearly all of indo and barely got a backhand barrel...

or a guy that scored bali heydays and barely pulled a turn...

jokes

still much gold to be had in indo now, it's just different...

and, I hate to bat for indod because it kind of, you know, cancels me... but he has to be one of, if not, the most ethical genuine operator in indo... in all the right ways... right in the midst of a spot displaying some of the worst forms of western decadence...

that at least deserves great respect... kopi susu aside... not that that little word blurt bothered me...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 3:17pm

and, just quietly, just to balance things out, I have great respect for what mb does too, wc and other stuff...

well some of it...

the man is worthy of a movie

many indo operators also movie worthy too, ...for the good, the bad, and the ugly...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 2:44pm

...having second thoughts about that last comment, some guys just don't need other people blowing their anal winds...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 3:02pm

Hi Brutus

I did give a reply last time you asked cut and pasted below

"Nobody disputes many aspects of Dark Emu, i dont think anyone has every disputed fish traps or basic stone huts?

No one has every said the whole book is fiction, what people dispute is certain aspects or claims made that have no evidence to back them up or take a line from a journal and interpret it in some manner that its obviously not written in and try to join dots based on nothing more than a wishful imagination or actually worse ignore opposing views of recorded history.

The whole Dark Emu debunked website is full of articles clearly debunking many things, much of which i really can't see how anyone can even argue with them, like just showing you the original text that his ideas are based on. (in one case something he claims is not even in the book at all)

Anything related to history or science should be scrutinised sorting fact from fiction, or at the very least being clear what is a theory and what is actually known as supported with proper evidence, but unfortunately these days things like politics can gets in the way i guess."

Anyway here is what Brutus is talking about (link he shared last time)

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/more-ancient-wonders-reveale...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 9:36pm

Thanks Sypkan, I'm generally happy with how things have gone and although i put in most of the capital it's not my business (i just get a cut from bookings like a travel agent), so i dont have full say just give suggestions and guidance but dont push things, there is actually lots of things i have really wanted to do that would benefit the community more and the environment, but i can only make suggestions and its hard for them to understand the importance as have a different mindset to us, but its kind of a step by step thing.

BTW. On the coffee thing, as I've said a thousands times, its not my saying, it's something those arguing against the idea of importance of ancestry for Identity often say, surprised people have never heard it before i said it.

Just to show you quick google and it comes up.

Comedy skit from an Indigenous comedian 1:50

And this

Even Get up & SBS (tea instead of Coffee though)

I stick by the idea that ancestry is important, just because your great grandmother was a black African but all relatives since are Asian Chinese, doesn't make you Black African no matter how much you want it to be true, in my mind and many others you are Chinese asian with some African ancestry in the mix.

That this is a controversial or offending view, i guess is a sign of how weird the world has become in regard to identity politics etc

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 12 Dec 2020 at 3:21pm

and that is the beauty of it indo...

the 'otonomi'

amongst other things...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 11:52am

Ahh just the forum I was hoping to find, and how ironic who started it.
Anyway this question is for the swellnet team, and I feel uneasy asking it because you guys have been great to me, publishing photos and videos, as well as pointing me to great waves. I have alot of respect for what you do.
However, yesterday a thread of mine was shut down and id like to know why? The only reason I can think of is that indo and blowin broke the rules firstly by indo naming people without permission, then blowin telling two people on here to end their lives (there's a court case in the waiting if they did). So assuming these are the reasons, why was the thread shut down but the perpetrators allowed to remain on the site. From an outside point of view it seems that they are protected by a different set of rules to most others on here.
Would love swellnet to clear this up for future forum etiquette.
Also apologies to SN and other readers not involved for my poor choice of language yesterday. I broke the rules and don't mind if I get banned for it. Not the right way to make a point.
Cheers swellnet.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 11:59am

Seriously mate, why are you pursuing this?

You wrote privately, and we responded privately. It's hard to see this as anything else but an attempt at provocation.

Here's some advice: Take some time out of the Swellnet forums. Divest yourself of the need to express opinion on here. It's healthy.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 12:03pm

Fair enough Stu but that doesn't answer the question. I reckon a few crew would be wondering the same. Time out no worries but you're having a go at the wrong person.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 12:14pm

A) Maybe "a few crew would be wondering the same", but no-one has reached out to us, nor mentioned it on here.

B) You don't know who else we've spoken to.

Thing is, it seems to me you want to live in an echo chamber surrounded by people who share your own beliefs and values. That's fine, but if that's the case then go spend more time on social media and stop trying to enforce your blinkered worldview on others.

And before you respond, no, I don't agree with everything posted on here. It's a big, wide world with all manner of viewpoints, some of them reinforce my own beliefs, some I can stop and learn from, and some I can even laugh at (g'day Shorty!).

Try and exist within it rather than take command over it.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm
bluediamond wrote:

However, yesterday a thread of mine was shut down and id like to know why?

To copy the email I sent last night:

"Threads can easily be reopened. I’m trying to find the easiest, quickest solution for a section of the website that contributes $0 revenue and generates 95% of our headaches. Whilst on the road."

So, the first point: Threads can easily be reopened. Yep, we can. But, why? A cursory glance shows that the initial topic - a deserving one, at that - has run its course, and the dialogue of the last few weeks has shown it's been a pretty toxic conversation. If you think there's more to add to the conversation, then we'll reopen it. But, I remain skeptical it's worthwhile.

As for the second point: the reason the thread was closed was to shut off the oxygen supply to a number of people contributing to the argument. I could have left the thread open, but the conversation would have likely continued on and on, and I wasn't prepared to give up last night's episode of Better Homes and Gardens, just so I could monitor the Swellnet forums for infractions.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 12:39pm

No worries. Have lost people to suicide. I don't think that can be glossed over.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 12:59pm

Agreed.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 1:22pm

Is the SN forum turning to crap?
TBH, there's a bunch of posters who use Swellnet to spread racism, ridiculous conspiracy theories, and covid misinformation on a regular basis.
I don't expect to change any of these fool's minds by calling out their bullshit. It just needs to be done so impressionable people don't get sucked down that miserable rabbit hole.

"The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!" Professor Brian Cox.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 1:39pm

Don't know, I've been reading for years but only started posting things here and there recently. One thing I do know is that this forum has an extraordinary volume of personal insults and offensive language.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 1:50pm
flollo wrote:

Don't know, I've been reading for years but only started posting things here and there recently. One thing I do know is that this forum has an extraordinary volume of personal insults and offensive language.

The forums are a very small part of the Swellnet site.

On the Swellnet front page you'll see dozens of fresh articles every week - way more than new forum topics - where the discussion is insightful and respectful, yet robust and challenging.

There's nowhere like it for surfers, anywhere else on the internet.

Yeah, the forums are a pain in the arse at times. But, to remove them would shift the website's dynamic to an editorial platform where Swellnet is wholly in charge of the narrative.

By having the forums, we allow all surfers - whether they subscribe or not - to bring up topics for discussion that might otherwise slip under the net. Be them related to surfing or not, there's been a whole stack of fantastic threads over the years.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 2:34pm

It's beyond me how someone can post calling for someone to end their life and can remain a member. Banter and insults and swearing and a few verbal brawls is one thing...wanting someone to die...more than once, and to still be here reflects on swellnet as much as the person making the posts.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 2:49pm

I didn't see any posts of that nature, I just bulk deleted a whole bunch of arguments spread over fifty or so posts. So, it's difficult to comment on an individual post without context, as much as it's also difficult to comment on other posts I have been made aware of from other posters - threatening violence - without relevant context.

If you see a post that you think needs to be reported, then screenshot it and send it through, and we'll look into it. We'll also look at building some functionality along the lines of 'report this post' into the site, which will assist.

Otherwise, if it's OK with everyone else, it'd be great if I could get back to work. Got a bit on at the mo'.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 3:14pm

Sigh.

So much work to do this afternoon, and here I am, debating on the internet.

Constance B Gibson wrote:

"Pupkin has a long history that we take into account. In the past we've sent email explanations either saying why we will or why we have terminated his account."

Erm, how can I put this...

NO.

No emails. AT ALL.

Facebook Messenger chat? Yes.

Are suggesting that by messaging you, but not emailing, and so somehow that makes the point null and void?

I'm looking at it all now.

Talk of banning?

NO..

OK, I've gone through our private messages too, and yes, there HAS talk of banning.

I'd rather not echo Scott Morrison and leak personal messages, but far out mate, you're making a public accusation about me and my website - under your seventh consecutive alias - that is demonstrably false.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 3:19pm

Facto there is people here who are clearly here to have discussions or even civil debates, but they are human and occasionally their emotions get the better of them. (im including myself in this category, but im also including people like Blue Diamond, and Brutus too, Brutus is actually pretty good, rarely loses his cool)

Then there is a minority who are clearly here to just cause chaos and somehow believe anyone with a different view to them is some enemy that needs attacking.

I think most will agree you fall into that second category.

Anyway i better go do some work.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 3:33pm

Holy hypocrisy…..a page of pearl clutching concerns about the mental health of fellow Swellnet commenters written by a bunch of blokes who make a career out of slandering and defaming other commenters.

I haven’t seen anything that contradictory since , well , since yesterday when the same bloke posted a link about how white people need to be silent and opinionless “allies” of black activists and then ten minutes later posted a link about how Martin Luther King- the most highly visible and venerated black activist in human history- was wrong, didn’t know what the fuck he was talking about and everything he said needs binning.

BTW ….how long since you’ve actually questioned the orthodoxy that is thrown up in the corporate media? From where I sit it’s all “orange man bad, run and hide it’s the death plague, debating mass immigration driven Ponzi growth is racist”. Every talking point is well at home on The Project….so much for questioning the official narrative.

Even the anti-Scomo stuff is available on most MSM these days. Barracking for your favourite team in the Neoliberal Cup of ALP/ LNP duopoly is hardly standing up to the establishment.

Anyway….as you were gents. Back to hand wringing over how traumatised you all are from the dangerous hate speech you’ve all been exposed to on here. Then five minutes later you can all resume piling on and cyber bullying the shit out of someone you disagree with.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 3:30pm

I vote for Hutch as the SN moderator.

you know it makes sense.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 3:49pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

The comment i said "im no expert" was in relation to a personal attack on a photo of Blowins physic.

Blowin put up a picture of his psychic???!!!

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 3:52pm

Physique?

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 4:34pm
synchrodogcal wrote:

for mine there seemed to a correlation between the pandemic kicking off and the posting quality, ahem, dipping.

the extra angst people were feeling seemed to translate into their posting and otherwise reasonably sane and rational people started going a bit rah rah

I suspect there is a lot in that synchro. Being stuck inside for long hours can certainly lead to madness. Doesn’t explain those periods where we were not locked down, but coming out of lockdown is just as weird, to me, as going into lockdown.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 4:38pm

Ha ha yes Physique not psychic.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 4:57pm

"Holy hypocrisy…..a page of pearl clutching concerns about the mental health of fellow Swellnet commenters written by a bunch of blokes who make a career out of slandering and defaming other commenters.

I haven’t seen anything that contradictory since , well , since yesterday when the same bloke posted a link about how white people need to be silent and opinionless “allies” of black activists and then ten minutes later posted a link about how Martin Luther King- the most highly visible and venerated black activist in human history- was wrong, didn’t know what the fuck he was talking about and everything he said needs binning.

BTW ….how long since you’ve actually questioned the orthodoxy that is thrown up in the corporate media? From where I sit it’s all “orange man bad, run and hide it’s the death plague, debating mass immigration driven Ponzi growth is racist”. Every talking point is well at home on The Project….so much for questioning the official narrative.

Even the anti-Scomo stuff is available on most MSM these days. Barracking for your favourite team in the Neoliberal Cup of ALP/ LNP duopoly is hardly standing up to the establishment.

Anyway….as you were gents. Back to hand wringing over how traumatised you all are from the dangerous hate speech you’ve all been exposed to on here. Then five minutes later you can all resume piling on and cyber bullying the shit out of someone you disagree with."

holy hypocrisy indeed!

such much in there one could break down...

but let's not... just yeh that!

...all of that!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 4:58pm

Creepy sidekick?

In the pursuit of knowledge why don’t we just see how long we can go without the slander, lying accusations about someone’s character, snide remarks and loaded comments towards others?

First to cave announces themselves as piss weak. Heads up….half clever attempts to sneak one in will be easily recognised.

Start….now.

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 5:07pm

I say its pretty much the same half dozen guys on every forum topic on here and
they just have a world of knowledge on every subject and slander each other.
Sometimes its funny sometimes just rubbish but can be amusing when im bored.

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 5:20pm

Dont drink maybe I should so I can understand what your on about CBG.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 5:39pm

Until some hourly/daily contributors here (1) get suspended / permanently banned by SN; or (2) everyone else ignores them denying them the oxygen they desperately crave; and/or (3) they get bored and do the world a favour and go away forum topics especially those dealing with cultural wars issues, will always be a huge stinking steaming pile of crap .... as proven by years of SN archives.

Reading the comments above from today I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry, talk about lack of self awareness, anyway good luck SN Team you do a great job, be bold in your decision making. Speaking of which didn't someone "named" today previously threatened to drive all the way to SA to settle a score? Strike two?

Adios amigas

Fraser G's picture
Fraser G's picture
Fraser G Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 5:39pm

Mental

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 5:39pm

Jeez, Ben , if you're pressed for time, realise that first post from me was from last year. Referring to Pupkin being disappeared.

Yeah, I know. Here's the original quote, which Stu wrote in May last year:

https://www.swellnet.com/comment/669756#comment-669756

So, to your rhetorical question "Talk of banning? NO.."

Was there (private) talk of banning after the Pupkin episode? No, but there was the year before, and it'd also been discussed back in 2017 too. Kinda get sick of repeating myself.