blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 11:11am
Vic Local wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Vic Local wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

And Tame needs to out the caller, until then it's just an accusation.

I think it's called "keeping your powder dry"

It is unverified mud slinging, surely if she wants to make claims in the forum she did, she needs to back them up.

The allegations have of course gone to an "investigation" stage, which we all know with Scumo's mob is a place where the truth goes to die. This is what they do when they want to bury facts. It happened with the Brittany Higgins incident big time. They buried the story just before the 2019 election.
I'm tipping Higgins and Tame won't be letting that happen again. My gut feel is they will be throwing some major shade on the LNP just prior to the election to inflict maximum damage on a party that has done nothing to protect women. The LNP scumbags have been massively backgrounding them and their families, and attacked these two on social media. Shutting them up is going to be difficult.

It would be sad if she went 100% Labour mouthpiece and LNP attack dog.
I get the feeling she might push too hard and sideline herself for a positive role she could play.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 11:12am
adam12 wrote:

She's getting good advice.
Naming the person was not necessary and would have shifted the focus to that person and away from the issue they are prosecuting.
She knows what she is doing.

I think she is getting one sided Labour advice..which is not always the best advice.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 11:30am
Roadkill wrote:
adam12 wrote:

Naming the person was not necessary and would have shifted the focus to that person and away from the issue they are prosecuting.

I think she is getting one sided Labour advice..which is not always the best advice.

What Tame is doing is targeting men who have been involved in excusing, denying, covering up, and minimising sexual abuse. She's also been targeting politicians who offer cynical words and no action.
And she doesn't miss.
Higgins also experienced the toxic shitfuckery in the LNP and she doesn't miss either.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 11:42am
Vic Local wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
adam12 wrote:

What Tame is doing is targeting men who have been involved in excusing, denying, covering up, and minimising sexual abuse. She's also been targeting politicians who offer cynical words and no action.
And she doesn't miss.
Higgins also experienced the toxic shitfuckery in the LNP and she doesn't miss either.

I know what she is doing..but to effect change, in that archaic system won't always happen with a sledgehammer.

I know you hate the LNP..but wake up, the Labour party is no better. And would be doing the same as the LNP is now.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 11:44am

My 2 daughters and their mates all think Tame, is the best thing ever. They all talk about what she is doing. I am 100% a supporter of her.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 11:45am

I think it is Lucy Turnbull that is advising her (and therefore Malcolm). Not Labor, but not really Liberal either.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 11:50am

I hope she knows what she's doing and everything she has now said is 100% factually watertight.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 12:04pm

'I think it is Lucy Turnbull that is advising her (and therefore Malcolm). Not Labor, but not really Liberal either."

i hope so, because she's looking pretty much labor minion right now...

it's interesting how feral malcolm has gone, I don't neccesarily disagree with him, but he looked a bit foolish the other night on 7.30 with his submarine stance...

hard to know what he actually wants, and which party he supports... he's looking all personal gripe atm

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 12:08pm
sypkan wrote:

'I think it is Lucy Turnbull that is advising her (and therefore Malcolm). Not Labor, but not really Liberal either."

it's interesting how feral malcolm has gone, I don't neccesarily disagree with him, but he looked a bit foolish the other night on 7.30 with his submarine stance...

hard to know what he actually wants, and which party he supports... he's looking all personal gripe atm

labor will chew her up and use her for their own gains..anyone that thinks they have genuine care and a desire to do all she wants is kidding themselves.

Politicians are politicians...no matter what party they are in.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 12:42pm

If the Turnbulls are advising her, she is being used to get Morrison due to sour grapes and if she’s on the Labor team she is being used to get Morrison for political gain..….I hope neither are true. I hope she is her own person but we must know who phoned her…you can’t make a govt. trashing accusation like that and not say who , as it shows a serious character flaw.

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 12:51pm
Optimist wrote:

If the Turnbulls are advising her, she is being used to get Morrison due to sour grapes and if she’s on the Labor team she is being used to get Morrison for political gain..….I hope neither are true. I hope she is her own person but we must know who phoned her…you can’t make a govt. trashing accusation like that and not say who , as it shows a serious character flaw.

Sounds like she got an anonymous threatening phone call. Which means she doesn't know who called her.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 12:52pm

Interesting to observe the speculation regarding Grace Tame’s character unfolding on here.

Full credit to her for continuing to have the courage to throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

If I was to speculate myself, I would suggest there’s a few worried pigeons on here.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 12:58pm

She couldn’t possibly have her own agenda, a worthy one at that, could she. She mustn’t be able to think for herself hey? Someone must be manipulating her hey? Have some of you not heard what she is saying? What she’s railing against? It’s attitudes like yours for fuck sake

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 1:03pm

Re some of the comments in here, good on Tame. As seeds has pointed out, she's her own women, a very strong and motivated one at that and wouldn't be taking cues from others.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 1:10pm
seeds wrote:

She couldn’t possibly have her own agenda, a worthy one at that, could she. She mustn’t be able to think for herself hey? Someone must be manipulating her hey? Have some of you not heard what she is saying? What she’s railing against? It’s attitudes like yours for fuck sake

There's a group of men, and a fair few crumb maidens who just can't handle a young women spectacularly holding older men to account. You can belittle Tame, you can bully her online, you can try and shut her up, but she's not going to stop and I for one think that's just awesome.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 1:16pm

one can support what she is doing whilst still having a suspicious mind as to other's motivations you know....

I support her 100%, whoever is backing her only good can come from this

that doesn't stop the cynical machinations operating in the background though

everything is so partisan and professional now... so bloody stage managed - as we can see... if she gets too close to albo and co. it will just cheapen what she seeks to achieve...

and tbh, anyone with any objectivity, knows labor has a closet full of skeletons too, some former members have already said so

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 1:31pm

Anyone else see the contradictions in Optimist’s demands for answers from the victim of sexual assault while spending previous days defending legislation design to discriminate against gay and trans kids while remaining totally silent about Brian Houston legal case about hiding his father’s sexual assault of al least one boy?

.... and Jeebus wept

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 1:36pm

LNP not proceeding with the bill in the Senate, withdrawn from debate today, no time next week. Won't be passed into law. Huge win for Labor. Albo and Tony Burke totally schooling the hapless LNP half-wits in wedge politics.
The Australian Christian Lobby demanded the bill be withdrawn once they lost the right to discriminate against trans students, true motives revealed. Five Libs crossed the floor to get the Labor amendments up. So Scomos two major planks for this term, this legislation and the Federal Icac, both not achieved.
I don't vote Labor, despite how it may appear to some here, but I prefer them to the LNP partly because they at least are professional in the Parliament.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 1:40pm

Nobody’s questioning her character, she did win Australian of the year for good reason. I just hope she isn’t being manipulated by old pollies because the “ my best mate albo” thing was just weird. If anybody was up to his neck in the goings on in Parliament House it would be albo who has been there forever. I think he’s only ever had one job as a bank teller for a year and all the rest of his career right there in the stinky old big house. Perhaps he should have helped clean parliament sexual issues up earlier seeing as he’s an old local.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 1:57pm

“you can’t make a govt. trashing accusation like that and not say who , as it shows a serious character flaw.”

“Nobody’s questioning her character, she did win Australian of the year for good reason.”

As slimey and as transparent as always Optimist.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 1:58pm

@ Optimist
You’ve been manipulated by an invisible man in the sky since you had a good (bad) trip brought on by a 3 day fast when you were young. Most of us are made of more metal than that. Just like Grace Tame.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 2:05pm

I stand corrected, I meant judgment flaw….she knows who made that call and she should tell the public who and where it was from…it’s a pretty important issue.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 2:11pm

Seano on point as usual:

A post shared by Sean Doherty (@seano888)

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 2:19pm

Art imitates life

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 2:34pm
Optimist wrote:

I stand corrected, I meant judgment flaw….she knows who made that call and she should tell the public who and where it was from…it’s a pretty important issue.

Oh now she’s got terrible judgment. What she has is a learnt strength from the recovery from the horrible things she suffered. You’re the one with terrible judgement. Ask your brother!!!!!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 2:31pm
Optimist wrote:

Farrrrrk me optimist, ya just don't get it do you.
Tame spent her teenage years being raped and being told what to do and when to do it by men. She's not taking that shit anymore. Grace will be releasing that info (or not) when she wants to (or not). You're not her boss champ and you don't get to tell her what to do.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 2:37pm
stunet wrote:

Seano on point as usual:

View this post on Instagram                      

A post shared by Sean Doherty (@seano888)

<script async="" height="" src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js" width="1px"></script>

This is so good...so true also.

politics is broken/hijacked

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 2:43pm

Absolutely cooked.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 3:02pm

You guys would be good at twister.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 3:13pm
sypkan wrote:

AND THEN

one can support what she is doing whilst still having a suspicious mind as to other's motivations you know....

I support her 100%, whoever is backing her only good can come from this

sypkan if your job was to hunt down criminals in the bush in reverse one would think you could be labelled a "back tracker"
Oh wait ........!!!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 3:33pm

mate she is still totally looking labor minion right now... until something changes...

isn't albo her mate or bro or something?

so, whether it's malcolm's maniplations... or labor's labours... it is still good what she's doing... just less effective...

no backtrack there, just the harsh realities of a polished, professional, and terribly cynical, contemporay politics...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 3:38pm

sypkan is just doing his bit of LNP damage control because Grace Tame is tearing strips off Scumo.
The LNP male scumbags have bullied women, covered up rapes, reduced funding for domestic violence services, and basically done nothing for women. The LNP women are just crumb maidens. The LNP is taking an absolute beating in the polls because women have had a gutful of these turds and are abandoning them.
sypkan's "I support her message but she's an ALP / Turnbull stooge" is pretty pathetic. She's going after your mob sypkan because their treatment of women has been fucking disgraceful.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 4:01pm

It's not just the men VL. That Michaelia Cash is a nasty piece of work.

Cockee's picture
Cockee's picture
Cockee Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 4:20pm

VicBitter with his usual balanced view still can't acknowledge that the ALP is riddled with corruption. Dan on the news last night giving all the obvious signals of lying through his teeth when asked about the red shirts scandal - looking anywhere but at the questioner, blank arrogant stare, deflecting blame, etc etc.
BTW You and Grace related Vic? Both come across as miserable and unpleasant personalities.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 4:39pm

Oh give it a rest Cockee, you're just being a clown.
I'm happy the red shirts scandal is hurting labor. I'm also pissed off the Liberal Party did the exact same thing in Eastern Melbourne and there's no consequences for Sukkar, Andrew, and their crooked crew. You only worry about ALP corruption. You couldn't give a shit about LNP corruption which is huge and getting worse. They've literally pissed away billions of our tax dollars to their crooked mates.
There's absolutely no consequences for corruption in the LNP, At least the ALP get rid of a few of their rotten apples.
And of course your shitful mob aren't bringing in an ICAC. Rotten to the core.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 6:22pm
Cockee wrote:

VicBitter with his usual balanced view still can't acknowledge that the ALP is riddled with corruption. Dan on the news last night giving all the obvious signals of lying through his teeth when asked about the red shirts scandal - looking anywhere but at the questioner, blank arrogant stare, deflecting blame, etc etc.
BTW You and Grace related Vic? Both come across as miserable and unpleasant personalities.

100%

But according to VL Dictator dan's shit don't stink.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 6:29pm

not my mob brick boy, just countering some of your truly ridiculous bias...

someone is pissing in her ear, I truly hope it isn't albo and co. because this reckoning is long long overdue, it's the wider boozy culture around parliment house that stinks as much as smelly scomo

but you are not interested in that, too inconvenient...

scomo has to go down if half of the innuendo is true, ... a gone finished go down... not a lazy wander to the back bench go down....

I just think the whole thing is most interesting... the leaking, the turdball, and the prepping and priming of the ladies...

that's either one hell of a concerted campaign

or everyone hates scomo, including some from within

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 6:47pm
sypkan wrote:

not my mob brick boy, just countering some of your truly ridiculous bias...

someone is pissing in her ear, I truly hope it isn't albo and co. because this reckoning is long long overdue, it's the wider boozy culture around parliment house that stinks as much as smelly scomo

but you are not interested in that, too inconvenient...

scomo has to go down if half of the innuendo is true, ... a gone finished go down... not a lazy wander to the back bench go down....

I just think the whole thing is most interesting... the leaking, the turdball, and the prepping and priming of the ladies...

that's either one hell of a concerted campaign

or everyone hates scomo, including some from within

Unlike you champ, when it comes to ridiculous bias, I don't want democratically elected leaders violently overthrown, even when the govt has become a corrupt and incompetent joke like the federal LNP.
Here's the thing sypkan, you crack the shits whenever I criticise scumbag conservatives for their racism corruption, misogyny, and homophobic behaviour. Meanwhile you don't even bat an eyelid when the violent rhetoric flows thick and fast from your side. What was that again about ridiculous bias?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 6:56pm

"Here's the thing sypkan, you crack the shits whenever I criticise scumbag conservatives for their racism corruption, misogyny, and homophobic behaviour. Meanwhile you don't even bat an eyelid when the violent rhetoric flows thick and fast from your side. What was that again about ridiculous bias?"

ermmmm, nah not really...

I largely ignore it, because your gauges are broken, your perspective is warped, you are broken...

I only get involved when you are flat out bullshitting

which is often

like now

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 6:58pm

His side?

Which side would that be?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 7:06pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Cockee wrote:

100%

you know the worst thing about having a federal ICAC?

it will totally miss this clown

...and the vic opposition are too useless to hold him to account...

https://www.crikey.com.au/2020/06/17/remembering-the-red-shirts-scandal-...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 7:14pm
sypkan wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Cockee wrote:

100%

you know the worst thing about having a federal ICAC?

it will totally miss this clown

...and the vic opposition are too useless to hold him to account...

https://www.crikey.com.au/2020/06/17/remembering-the-red-shirts-scandal-...

Oh please guys.
The red shirts scandal has rightfully claimed scalps and the ALP have purged the crooks caught up in the rorting.
Meanwhile the Libs branch stacking in Melbourne, which was exactly the same as the red shirts affair was covered up and ignored. The MPs involved Sukkar and Andrew suffered no consequences. Tell me again which is the bigger problem. The mob who hold their own to account, or the mob that protect their own when corruption occurs? I sure as shit know which side are worse.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 7:27pm

Sypkan, the whole thing is very interesting indeed. So much theatre and no good actors….like the home and away ads ….but no one in parliament or the media or aus of the year would get a job even there….very poor thespians indeed.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 8:13pm

We are now in mid February and the election needs to be held by May 21st. We are all well aware of what the LNP stand for with Scummo at the helm and what they bring, or what for a better word, don’t bring, for the Australian public.

My question is, who is Albo? What exactly does he stand for and what is he and the ALP bringing to the table for Australia? Other than the standard opposition slogans and rebuttal, he hasn’t exactly put himself out there and selling himself and his party from what I can see.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 8:42pm

"My question is, who is Albo? What exactly does he stand for and what is he and the ALP bringing to the table for Australia? Other than the standard opposition slogans and rebuttal, he hasn’t exactly put himself out there and selling himself and his party from what I can see."

'...what is he and the ALP bringing to the table for Australia? '

'you can't possibly vote for that other guy'

and,

'we're gonna ventilate all your schools... we will assess every single classroom, door, ...and will be cutting six inches cut off the bottom of it, ...with an elaborate fan system (a fan) being placed in the opposite corner... based on computer modelling...'

that's about it

should do the trick though...

almost certainly definitely... sadly...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 8:48pm

should all be ready by 2028...

for the most impotent of impotent variants Chi... that will be known a Psi...

because you know... Chi and Xi...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 8:56pm

There's a reason why most people don't know what Albo stands for. There's an old saying in politics: "When you political opponents are shooting themselves in the foot, don't interrupt them."
And the LNP have been shooting themselves in the foot ever since Albo took over. Every fucking week they've had a corruption scandal, an incompetent minister fucking up, there's internal hate flowing, and wall-to-wall shitfuckery. Then there's all the basic shit these clowns are failing to do. Why would any opposition leader take the attention off that shitshow?
Albo will become better known during the campaign, Voters will also understand that Scumo isn't going to improve. He was bad in 2019. He's much worse in 2022, and voters will be wondering how crap he will be in 2025.
The thing about Scumo is, he's middle management at best. There's no great intellect there. He's a retail politician who doesn't do "detail". The fiasco in aged care is the result of a lazy PM and a minister not on top of his brief. People will be asking how bad shit will get under these clowns in the next three years.
They are gone, people are fed up, and they know things will only get worse. They won't be getting a mandate for more corruption and more incompetence. Swinging voters aren't going to fall for the "death taxers" and "China wants a Labor Govt" fear campaigns again. And that's all the LNP have got. They can't stand on their record and say "give us another go because we are a good government. "

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 9:01pm

I didn't believe you last time Vic and I even predicted a coalition win. This time around, I wholeheartedly concur. You're pretty much spot on.

Just hope they can really make a difference.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 9:03pm

"When you political opponents are shooting themselves in the foot, don't interrupt them."

and hasn't that little philosophy been fully embraced by labor...

for 2 election cycles already...

of 'unloseable elections'...

third time lucky... a stopped clock....

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 10 Feb 2022 at 9:19pm

sykpan perennially demanding of others what he impotently can’t bring himself to do.