Embarrassing songs that you love.

seeds's picture
seeds started the topic in Tuesday, 29 Mar 2022 at 9:00pm

No judgment as that has crept into my last music thread. Now come on we all have songs we love that aren’t in are usual I’m so cool playlist.

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 10:19pm

Feeling nostalgic, now......... growin up in SF when i did, my mom would shoo us outside to play. She'd say "it's a beautiful day, go outside." (It coulda been raining and she would say that.) The rule was to be home before the streetlights went on. I was usually at Ocean Beach, but would travel all over The City. As young as 8 years old. I would ride my bike over the Golden Gate Bridge and go to the flea market in Sausalito. Never told my parents where i'd been. (They prob didn't always wanna know, lol.) For a coupla years, my crew and I would break in to the SF Zoo by climbing the fence where the water buffalo lived. We'd dart from tree to tree thru it's pen and get to the zoo and just drink beer and watch the animals sleep. (The ones who weren't housed at night.) We had no idea til much later how dangerous water buffalos are. This one was well fed and lazy. Kids today growin up in The City seemingly can't do any of the stuff i got to do, and if a group of teens were caught in the zoo at night, there'd be arrests, i'm pretty sure. Oh well. That thing about You Can't Go Home (Frost?) is true for me, cuz home doesn't exist anymore and my City is completely different.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 8 Apr 2022 at 12:34am

Crew dedicate this '70's spunky track to seeds...all are hooked on yer embarrassing forum.

tbb can vouch that this was an Official Top 10 Embarrassing song of the era. (That's good right!)
Mushed up all the Macho Men's moustaches.
{Warning!}
Song may still hold appeal with today's sensitive new age millennial audience...being serious!

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 8 Apr 2022 at 5:43am

Nice TBB. Don’t mind that at all. Made (re)famous by Toyota. It actually gets a run a bit on a commercial radio station here.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 8 Apr 2022 at 5:46am

Great story Wax24.
Blackers good to here there are some drive ins going

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 8 Apr 2022 at 7:39am
zenagain wrote:

Was I mistaken Indo or didn't you once say Desperately Seeking Susan was your favourite movie?

Ha ha i think ive seen it, but i cant remember it.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 8 Apr 2022 at 7:41am

Another cheesy classic, a mate knew every lyric it was impressive.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Friday, 8 Apr 2022 at 8:52am
indo-dreaming wrote:

Surprised no one has one has posted a Madonna song yet.

Got a favourite???

I think this is mine.

holiday.
it's one of the great pop songs of all time.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Friday, 8 Apr 2022 at 8:58am
wax24 wrote:

Feeling nostalgic, now......... growin up in SF when i did, my mom would shoo us outside to play. She'd say "it's a beautiful day, go outside." (It coulda been raining and she would say that.) The rule was to be home before the streetlights went on. I was usually at Ocean Beach, but would travel all over The City. As young as 8 years old. I would ride my bike over the Golden Gate Bridge and go to the flea market in Sausalito. Never told my parents where i'd been. (They prob didn't always wanna know, lol.) For a coupla years, my crew and I would break in to the SF Zoo by climbing the fence where the water buffalo lived. We'd dart from tree to tree thru it's pen and get to the zoo and just drink beer and watch the animals sleep. (The ones who weren't housed at night.) We had no idea til much later how dangerous water buffalos are. This one was well fed and lazy. Kids today growin up in The City seemingly can't do any of the stuff i got to do, and if a group of teens were caught in the zoo at night, there'd be arrests, i'm pretty sure. Oh well. That thing about You Can't Go Home (Frost?) is true for me, cuz home doesn't exist anymore and my City is completely different.

wax...have you read Rachel Kushner's "the hard crowd"? the story of her teen years in SF.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/01/18/the-hard-crowd

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 8 Apr 2022 at 10:05am

Great track TB above and way cool story Wax. My good mate here is from Silcon Valley/San Jose but moved to Santa Cruz. Full Cali surf grom to this day.

Here's an oldy that I rarely skip when it comes on-

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 8 Apr 2022 at 4:24pm

Chopper reviews Neville Bartos' CD collection.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 10:36am

Ain't no coming back from this...surefire way to blow yer cred!
{ Death 2 Disco } Spent a lifetime tryin' to argue this shit hot dance tune is not Disco.
Big Fat Liar...busted! ( tbb will load both Trippy dance Vidz as YouTube keeps blanking this track.)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 11:10am

Nice TBB. I love it. Spotted Rosie Perez in that first one

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 1:08pm

Not just for the music

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 5:40pm

Hey Zen. San Jose in the 70s and 80s (and a century leading up to that) was a farming community. Fruits and vegatables. Prunes, apricots, grapes, hops, avocados..... it was mostly orchards. It was a little surreal to watch it become Silicon Valley. Now, it is larger and more populated than The City.

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 5:41pm

Thanx for the link Chook. I didn't have time to check it out last nite but just did. I wonder if the world is getting worse or memories just select toward the gentle?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 7:04pm
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 7:08pm
groundswell wrote:

Not just for the music

On that note..

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 7:13pm

I’ve always liked that one Sheepdog

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 7:24pm
seeds wrote:

I’ve always liked that one Sheepdog

Yeah its corny but heart stirring. The aussie version imo is "my island home" by warumpi band. But I'm in no way "embarrassed" saying I love that song

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 7:29pm

Ha classic that’s on my YouTube drinking favourites list too. Legend

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 8:30am

First song i remember liking as a kid, played it non stop.

First time I've listened too it in forever, there is actually some nice little lead licks from Ace, not over done.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 6:33pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

First song i remember liking as a kid, played it non stop.

First time I've listened too it in forever, there is actually some nice little lead licks from Ace, not over done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhIsAZO5gl0

I actually dug the b side to that

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 7:54pm

This Aussie band mixes Tang with bubbles to conjure up a gooey schweppervescence sound.
tbb don't care...tastes great & sounds quite tingly as well...crew will get all up ended with this track!

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:02pm

That is quite the cocktail and truly embarrassing TBB

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:01pm

What about this beauty

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:31pm
seeds wrote:

What about this beauty
https://youtu.be/lqZEp4Fb6qw

Technically a great song hahahahahaha... Try singing it. It's bloody hard

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:44pm

Singing any song is technically and socially unacceptable if I’m singing

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:39pm
seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:50pm

Reminds me of solo travels in the Republic. Every night at a local with all my new friends for the night. I wish Aussie pubs were as socially and communally connective in the evening as it is over there.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:53pm

I'm an old dude. Seeds. Aussie pubs used to be great. But. Pokies and the death of live music, noise complaints, prices, banning of smoking and violence have sterilised aussie pubs

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 11:11pm

I’m hearing ya. Over there local boys come to play for a couple of pints and all generations come along. I got to say I’m talking 1999. Know idea about now. Hope it’s still the same. Loved the lock ins on a Sunday with a couple of QLD Irish mates who were living in Waterford. Everything closes for religious reasons. Mates said don’t worry. Knock on the door. We get let in and the place is packed. Lot of these joints are basements and 400 years old and there isn’t a window to speak of. No idea of the time of day or night when you’re in there

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 12:07am

Driving home tonight and this came on. Remembered to chuck this one up.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 7:17am
Sheepdog wrote:

I'm an old dude. Seeds. Aussie pubs used to be great. But. Pokies and the death of live music, noise complaints, prices, banning of smoking and violence have sterilised aussie pubs

Agree with most of that but the banning of smoking has been a huge positive.

It's so much better now waking the next morning and not stinking of stale cigarette smoke, and as a non smoker all the passive smoke couldn't have been good.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 4:41pm

Maybe this one isn't overly daggy as such not exactly top 40, but just not a band id otherwise get into, but i really love this song for some reason.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 4:58pm

That's not an embarrassing song Indo...this one is pretty embarrassing with a very cheesy video

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 5:04pm

Ha ha yeah that one is, but thats another song i do love, just love her voice.

I didn't realise i love so much daggy music, although ive got nothing on Zen :D

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 5:17pm

Argh here's another now this is proper.

You can get away with liking their peak period stuff especially if you mention Brian Wilson and Pet Sounds, blah blah blah, im a cool hipster, but washed up late 80s beach boys is total cringe, yet i still cant help but like it.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 5:29pm

That reminds me of one of Tom Cruises best movies, cant remember the name but he was a trickster bar tender with Brian something, the Aussie actor. Its in that video clip a few times, but cant think of the name.
I even bought the soundtrack, it was all time.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 5:30pm

Cocktail

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 5:37pm

That's the one and its Brian Brown i think.

Here's another embarrassing one:

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 6:02pm

mickseq's picture
mickseq's picture
mickseq Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 7:55pm

mystery Girl

mickseq's picture
mickseq's picture
mickseq Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 7:56pm

Nessun Dorma

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 8:02pm

2-B7-CD537-73-CD-4466-BA16-6-EC91-FC2-F00-C

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 8:05pm

Any history Mick behind why you like those? Especially Luciano

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 8:42pm

Good choice Mick.

Check this doco out Seeds. It’s brilliant. Saw it on the big screen. A great insight to a monumental concert event.

“Three Tenors - From Caracalla to the World”

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 9:01pm

Might of been called “Three Tenors. Voices for Eternity”. Anyway, same concert documented. Incredible.

mickseq's picture
mickseq's picture
mickseq Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 10:50pm
seeds wrote:

Any history Mick behind why you like those? Especially Luciano

Not really anything that would interest anyone here I think.

Hope you enjoyed them.

jwithay's picture
jwithay's picture
jwithay Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 3:19pm

Heard this blasting out of the comms tent at an mtb event last weekend, definitely an embarrassing fav, this one

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 8:29pm

I want to confess….

Still a catchy tune.