COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 9:53am

Ok Sanguine (and Blindboy) let’s move on from the pulse oximeter. I raised it to highlight a point of the difficulty of interpreting evidence.
On the one hand there are those that say “there is no evidence Ivermectin works” and cite meta-analyses, peer reviewed articles and the Cochrane review.
However, all of those show very clearly that the pulse oximeter has no benefit on outcomes.
Yet the pulse oximeter continues to be used billions of times a day in anaesthetics, surgery and ICU around the world.
Everything has got pro’s and con’s, gotta keep an open mind about everything.
Maybe just maybe the pulse oximeter is not as useful as you think and maybe just maybe Ivermectin actually works!

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 10:06am

Some humour .

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 10:20am

".....maybe just maybe Ivermectin actually works!

So given the extreme difficulty of obtaining absolutely definitive data on the issue, we should ignore the best quality evidence we have? Ha ha. That's beyond ridiculous and out there into irresponsible. I had a look for some substantive evidence to back up my claims and discovered two things. The amount of bullshit and poor quality analysis of this issue is endless and make it difficult to find genuine research or even authoritative reporting. Second there are a shit load of sites selling on line ivermectin. I suggested before that supafreak might have some interest in that market. You can draw your own conclusion from the fact that he didn't answer. No offence tyler, but what about you?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 11:52am

Now there’s a conspiracy, Tyler Durdan and Supafreak have a warehouse full of ivermectin and stand to make millions. What a scoop for swellnet , blindboy is on it . Ok I will fess up blindboy, you got me .

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 11:56am

Well what is your real motivation? You've been asked a few times now but never answer. Just a deluded freedom loving guy doing his bit for the betterment of mankind?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 12:01pm

Yes you got me again , your very good.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 12:07pm

So you admit you are deluded? I admire your honesty.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 12:18pm
blindboy wrote:

So you admit you are deluded? I admire your honesty.

Thank you

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 12:24pm

So no more ivermectin nonsense?

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 12:28pm

Oh dear Blindboy. No we should not ignore the best quality evidence we have but millions of anaesthetists and Intensivists are doing just that on a daily basis when they use the pulse oximeter are they not?
Hopefully by that example you can see that evidence is complex.
I'm not 100% sure if Ivermectin works against Covid. This website https://ivmmeta.com gives it a 1 in 200billion likelihood of having no effect. Maybe that's over stating it but who knows?
Interpret the evidence any way you want but keep an open mind, it way just work

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 12:29pm

“So no more ivermectin nonsense?”

Gawd…..I think you’ve forgotten you’re not a school teacher anymore BB.

How’s the language? I’d like to be there when he speaks to an adult like that in real life.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 12:30pm

Do you want some more nonsense ? ok but you may have to wait a bit . https://www.monash.edu/discovery-institute/news-and-events/news/2021-art...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 12:40pm

Glad to wait Supa. There are a lot of trials planned so let's continue the discussion when there is some new data. We have pretty much covered all the existing stuff.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 12:45pm

Keep posting whatever and whenever you like, Superfreak. BB is just trying to silence you anyway he can. His opinions are not required when you have something you’d like to add.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 12:56pm

Maybe you can have a closer look at the link Tyler has put up in particular the part in brackets at top of page ( BBC , GMK response , Elgazzar ) I understand you have trouble finding links but a simple click on this part in brackets above will lead you there . There is alot of information on Tyler’s link and should give you something to read if your open to it .

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 1:28pm

tyler it is hard to believe you are serious when you provide a link with a 1% credibility rating.

https://www.scamdoc.com/view/535335

I will get back to it Supafreak

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 1:40pm

'Freedom Day' for NSW... hahaha far out... Note the language. But what freedoms really. I mean its a long way from the 'freedom' as we once knew it. Anyone else notice you are now effectively living in the communist china. All over a common cold... Mind blowing they pulled this off so easily.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 1:42pm

Sharing vital Data opens Vic up to obvious truths...but we're all better off knowing than not!
tbb promised to equally salute heat of the moment data...Solid & gutsy Health advice Vic!
https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-update-victoria-7-october-2021
https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-update-victoria-23-september-2021

Vic Cases % 28th Sept- 5th Oct > (Vic Hospitals nearest companion data *23rd Sept - 5th Oct)
Unvaxed Cases 78% > Hospitalized *81% > 66%
1 dose- Cases 15% > Hospitalized *15% > 27%
Full Vax - Cases 7% > Hospitalized *3% > 7%

Crew can judge who's on a spreading spree & who's racing to Hospital
Just keep in mind, that shift in No Vax < > Vax beds is off the charts! (Essentially #1 Newsworthy!)
Health Directive will likely mandate 30% freedom be stripped from Vaxerz and rewarded to unvaxed.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 1:53pm

tbb. your links do not conatin the data you quote. As my underestanding is that NSW is the only state that is publishing this data you need to provide a link to an authoritative source.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 1:58pm

This is the NSW data from a comparable stage in that outbreak
Screen-Shot-2021-10-11-at-1-55-59-pm
goodwill visalia

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 3:01pm

"I’d like to be there when he speaks to an adult like that in real life"

Over the years with all the issues around climate change and so on I have said that sort of thing to many adults. There's not much sense beating around the bush when people are completely wrong and, given that I have had more opportunity than many to study that type of issue, I consider it a community service to be quite explicit. So far no-one has ever done much more than look a bit surprised, but I suppose one day I might strike someone on the wrong end of a six pack who wants to take a swing. Happy to take my chances in that regard.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 3:28pm

So you’re basically Sheldon Cooper if Sheldon Cooper was on the wrong side of the truth on most issues?

How do people react when you contemptuously correct them after they contradict some of your beliefs such as when you claimed that a 50 million strong population wouldn’t have a detrimental affect on the Australian environment?

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 3:32pm

BB - not related to this thread but it relates to your views .

You said I was wrong when I said the headline about the tax havens would last weeks and probably days .

I saw them for 2 days but I thought I would check with you . How many days did you see them on the news ?

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 3:38pm

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 3:54pm

Who's Sheldon Cooper?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 4:05pm

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 4:38pm

So it's some sort of American sitcom? Never really got into them, their cartoons are funny though.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 8:21pm

The good old BBC part of the TNI debunks ivermectin , very interesting video by Dr John Campbell , particularly the last minute .

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 8:43pm

Great vid Supafreak. Amazing. "The BBC is quoting unpublished evidence".
Well waddya know. Trust your media. Trust your gubberment. All will be fine.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 9:00pm

Give us a break! Supafreak you are a mine of misinformation. I could go through the video point by point but having done that for all you other sources it is getting a bit tedious. Let's just go with one example of the "thinking" here.

Old mate complains about the BBC referring to studies that have been withdrawn when the point of the article is to explain how ivermectin has been promoted as a treatment for Covid. Note the use of the past tense. The BBC is addressing past influences...which clearly include the withdrawn study. I'd put money on old mate never having been in a properly organised debate in his life, with logic like that he would have reduced the oppositon to hysterical laughter. Fuck me, it sort of surprises me that this kind of material exists. It surprises me even more that so many lack the basic skills to see it for what it is.....pure shit.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 11 Oct 2021 at 9:12pm

Stop talking nonsense blindboy

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 6:44am

Ha ha!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 8:15am

Bogan Australis is doing us all proud..12am and NSW dicks have to rush to the pubs, get haircuts and go stupid. It’s been such a hard lockdown sacrifice for the snowflakes…lead by Perrottet who had to get photos at the pub chugging down beer. Pretty funny stuff.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 8:31am

Hilarious stuff Roadkill, but a lot of workers and small businesses have really suffered during the lockdown so there is some gravel amongst the snow.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 8:35am
Roadkill wrote:

Bogan Australis is doing us all proud..12am and NSW dicks have to rush to the pubs, get haircuts and go stupid. It’s been such a hard lockdown sacrifice for the snowflakes…lead by Perrottet who had to get photos at the pub chugging down beer. Pretty funny stuff.

You moved to Australia because it’s better than NZ. You were not invited here. Australians have a drinking culture. You don’t like it…..back to Hobbit land cuz. People are done living your fear fantasy. They want to be free not hiding like soft cock chicken shits.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 8:39am

"Australians have a drinking culture"

I'm not sure that is something to be proud of

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 8:46am

Triggeredsnowflakeeveryoneheknowshasaterriblediseaseblowin. Typical, the biggest bogan in here has to comment on what he has nfi about. It doesn't surprise me he has no clue about the movement of Australians moving to NZ with their kids for work…movement is both ways Snowflakeblowin…there is a pretty good AUS ex pat community in NZ.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 8:48am

But hey…don’t let that stop your hate and anger.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 8:58am
Roadkill wrote:

30+ years ago I lived in Rose Bay and there were 2 sisters that were survivors from Nazi Germany who lived above us. Both had numbers tattooed on their wrists. Really nice people with a really sad history of family members murdered and gassed to death. They would come down and have a sunday BBQ with us a couple of times a year…once they opened up and told us their story. I always remember that story and afternoon with them when I hear others whinge and moan about how tough life in lockdown is.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 9:41am
san Guine wrote:

It’s a fact of history. Be proud or don’t, you can’t alter historical fact. I’m not saying it’s the best thing ever but it’s certainly not the worst. Would you rather we had a culture of eating our enemies or cutting the sex organs out of women?

It’s Australian culture though. Alcohol was literally currency at the birth of modern Australia.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 9:50am
Roadkill wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

30+ years ago I lived in Rose Bay and there were 2 sisters that were survivors from Nazi Germany who lived above us. Both had numbers tattooed on their wrists. Really nice people with a really sad history of family members murdered and gassed to death. They would come down and have a sunday BBQ with us a couple of times a year…once they opened up and told us their story. I always remember that story and afternoon with them when I hear others whinge and moan about how tough life in lockdown is.

And how do you think the persecution against those women began genius?

BTW….you want to talk about triggered snowflakes?

A bunch of double vaccinated crew who’ve been in lockdowns for months celebrate their release with a few beers in a pub- still socially distancing- and some soft cock chicken shit who lives 2000kms away has a whinge because he thinks he’ll catch the virus despite him being double vaccinated and the survival rate being 99.58%.

How much of a soft cock chicken shit can you be bloke!?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 9:52am

To get back on topic. The evidence is in common sense, and a bit of incentivisation, have won the day Autralia wide. We are heading to 90% vaccination rate amongst adults and surveys shows only around 9% of the population are convinced anti-vaxxers, and yes we wish them luck with that choice. They will almost certainly need it. Ivermectin use is below any possible statistical measurement so time to let it all go I would think. No-one left to persuade. We know most of the posters questioning the need for the vaccine are already vaccinated but is there anyone here who isn't? Maybe not. Similarly with ivermectin. Has anyone actually used it or stuck some in the medicine cabinet just in case or has it all just been ideologically driven hypocrisy?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 9:53am
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

And how do you think the persecution against those women began genius?

You really are a fucking low class idiot…you are comparing covid lockdowns to nazi Germany.
I didn’t think you could take your argument lower than previously, but you have. Congrats.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 9:57am

There is good with a few more freedoms….families being able to get into old age homes and see elderly family. Elderly who have been doing the right thing are getting out and about, I heard about a sewing group who had their first meet up yesterday after such a long time without…local CWA are meeting again and baking cakes to sell for charity…hopefully a bit of loneliness is lessened fir many.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 10:07am

Just so you guys are aware, when talking to most Western Australian, were pretty happy for the state border to remain closed.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 10:12am
soggydog wrote:

Just so you guys are aware, when talking to most Western Australian, were pretty happy for the state border to remain closed.

QLD is the same.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 11:37am
Blowin wrote:
san Guine wrote:

It’s a fact of history. Be proud or don’t, you can’t alter historical fact. I’m not saying it’s the best thing ever but it’s certainly not the worst. Would you rather we had a culture of eating our enemies or cutting the sex organs out of women?

It’s Australian culture though. Alcohol was literally currency at the birth of modern Australia.

Is drinking culture? I guess it is when you compare it to cannibalism and genital mutilation. That would be a false equivalence.

But as a byproduct of 'your' perceived culture we get an ED full of trauma every Friday and Saturday nights, domestic violence, chronic liver disease leading to portal hypertension and ascites etc.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 11:57am

"To get back on topic. The evidence is in common sense, and a bit of incentivisation, have won the day Autralia wide. We are heading to 90% vaccination rate amongst adults and surveys shows only around 9% of the population are convinced anti-vaxxers, and yes we wish them luck with that choice. They will almost certainly need it. Ivermectin use is below any possible statistical measurement so time to let it all go..."

I hope you are referring to yourself there... time to let it go...

because this conversation isn't going anywhere, ...especially while the vaccines produce such average results... and there's been such phenomenal turnaround in places like india and indonesia without them...

" ..would think. No-one left to persuade. We know most of the posters questioning the need for the vaccine are already vaccinated but is there anyone here who isn't? Maybe not. Similarly with ivermectin. Has anyone actually used it or stuck some in the medicine cabinet just in case or has it all just been ideologically driven hypocrisy?"

'...idelogically driven hypocrisy?'

what a funny little man you are

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 12:06pm
blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021 at 12:11pm

"India lacks an authoritative estimate of the death toll from the COVID-19 pandemic. We report excess mortality estimates from three different data sources from the pandemic’s start through June 2021. First, extrapolation of state-level civil registration from seven states suggests 3.4 million excess deaths..............The conclusion is that between 3.4 and 4.7 million more people died in that pandemic period than would have been predicted. That's up to 10 times higher than the Indian government's official death toll of 414,482. "
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/20/1018438334/indias-p...

The stats don't look so good when they are based on real data.

Indonesia has administered 150 million doses of vaccine which would be half the population if they were single doses. Additionally both the case numbers and deaths are both considered unreliable.

So are you vaccinated? Have you used or stockpiled ivermectin?

More Unreliable Disinformation!