Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 20 Dec 2023 at 12:36pm

?si=-tF8OQOn5I8tRrNO

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 20 Dec 2023 at 8:34pm

https://m.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 21 Dec 2023 at 8:33am

Charges laid in the alleged firebombing- interesting observations made about the 33min mark-

?si=Gig5cg2KCoBaWYA5

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12887035/amp/friendlyjordies-fi...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 21 Dec 2023 at 8:42am
suchas wrote:

Charges laid in the alleged firebombing- interesting observations made about the 33min mark- https://youtu.be/PF1-1CNggQA?si=Gig5cg2KCoBaWYA5

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12887035/amp/friendlyjordies-fi...

I'm sure Bruz not involved in any way ...

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 21 Dec 2023 at 9:51am

Final submissions today- https://www.youtube.com/live/LzHUV5c9PEE?si=XLKTGyLHtpKCdRad

A summary here- with comments of interest by the judge on Tues - he has already issued takedown orders to Google.

https://www.crikey.com.au/2023/12/20/bruce-lehrmann-defamation-trial-use...

“Contempt!
The judge closed out Tuesday with this little nugget: his staff have been collecting social media posts that ignored his warnings to punters to not publish abusive things about witnesses (“disgraceful”, he called them), and he’s going to be coming for them. Could be a festival of contempt charges.“

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 23 Dec 2023 at 12:18pm

?si=ZC97_7V5x-i6CAvn

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 23 Dec 2023 at 12:21pm

Reading recent comments by the judge in the summations it doesn’t look good for Lehrmann. My opinion of course.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Saturday, 23 Dec 2023 at 4:56pm

One thing I don't agree with is that Network Ten and Lisa Wilkinson saying they are protected by qualified privilege, because they argue the story was a matter of such public importance.

Lisa just wanted her Logie and the judicial process could take a back seat.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 23 Dec 2023 at 5:11pm

I wonder if a Judge will put a Freeze on Brittany Higgins Assets ....Thats what Linda Reynolds is seeking ATM.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Saturday, 23 Dec 2023 at 5:21pm

Would not be surprised udo, maybe before rulings are made on this case.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 23 Dec 2023 at 6:28pm

I listened to pretty much all of Fiona Brown’s (Higgins boss) testimony , basically it went like this “I can’t remember or recall “ except of course for the questions where she needed to defend her own actions or that of her political masters and then her memory recovered and she was able to answer the questions put to her succinctly.

It came a little unhinged for her when the lawyers could remind her of the content of her The Australian major feature article and her apparent memory loss before his honour.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 23 Dec 2023 at 10:56pm

the first check for albo's bureau of misinformation is...

albo

seriously, how can they peddle such bullshit?

once again... who and where are the fuckin advisors?

disgusting

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 23 Dec 2023 at 11:53pm
sypkan wrote:

the first check for albo's bureau of misinformation is...

albo

https://twitter.com/AlboIsPM/status/1738338302217113749

seriously, how can they peddle such bullshit?

once again... who and where are the fuckin advisors?

disgusting

@Sypkan
Do the kids these days have a word for someone that gets outraged by a twitter parody account?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 24 Dec 2023 at 2:45am

I think they call it do-unt...

yes Im a do-unt

they got me

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 24 Dec 2023 at 9:09am

@Sypkan,
Pretty funny. Done it myself. Makes you feel like a bit of a dill
There's a guy on twitter who calls himself Liam Nissan, after the car, who tweets insults at MAGAs who then insult and abuse him back thinking he is the actor Liam Neeson, telling him how shit his movies are and what a shit actor he is. Even other celebrities, like Kevin Sorbo who played Hercules years ago on TV, and a few GOP politicians, have been sucked into thinking he is the actor. (@theliamnissan)
But you get bonus points because your guy was outed by media watch last March.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 24 Dec 2023 at 11:00am
sypkan wrote:

yes Im a do-unt

they got me

Suck(er)an

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Sunday, 24 Dec 2023 at 11:40am
GuySmiley wrote:
sypkan wrote:

yes Im a do-unt

they got me

Suck(er)an

GuySmiley. Hi, How are you ?

I’m a donut, opening at one end of the alimentary canal and a tighter one at the other end.

All the best for Xmas and New Year, great engaging with you all year. AW

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Sunday, 24 Dec 2023 at 2:57pm

Antarctic Davis Station runway shelved after $19 million spent on consultants and advice

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-23/antarctic-runway-shelved-after-19...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 24 Dec 2023 at 7:56pm
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 25 Dec 2023 at 3:04pm

Howzat! Miracle of Xmas Catch of the Day saves the day & Mum's face!
We all see those impossible Bucket Hat Big Bash Catches...gotta be pure Arse or wot!

[Factcheck] Slack arse Aussies are born to save the day without knowing shit about it.

Local Pros Mum / tbb / son score shaded BBQ table in middle of Burleigh Beach Park...(Impossible!)

Xmas Day Cricket match in full swing...we're just chillin' not remotely interested in Game...

Aussie 6th sense kicks in...6 & out shot is headed for Mum's face...
Can still see the wide eyed - open mouth faces on player's faces...OMG! We're fuckin' dead meat!

Still cemented to BBQ set...as lazy as ya like tbb plucks the high speed projectile from the sky...
As if ball was a Big Yellow Moon in imaginary Earth size Glove...perfectly snug fit...a Xmas miracle!

Everyone in park goes off...bullshit...no way...tbb saves the day...never knew shit about it.
But Wait!

Soon as tbb caught the ball in 'left' hand...
Instinctively parried into right - back-hand fast & hard to Stump Grom who equally knew shit...
Grom equally plucks ball from thin air from fully squared chuck speed return...like a boss...

Wasted Oz Hodad teams with interstellar Sub Continental Grom...2 out on the trot ...who's next!

Family & Dullard Park Life come alive & be like....WTF!

Howzat! tbb shouted & bagged Oz Capt + Grom' Vice Capt for Boxing Day Test...All said Aye!

Aussie Catch of the day...was pure fuckin' arse...way it's gonna stay till Next Xmas Day!
Little Ripper...tbb's turn to wear the bucket hat for the big day...bloody grouse fit it is...Luv Straya!
Sharing the Miracle of Xmas...Sprinkling Silly Seasoning over the crew...havago ya mugs!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 8:03pm

Don't know much about this guy.
Thoughts?

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 8:56am

Zeihan is very smart and good at big picture analysis. He is over confident in his own genius and opinions and very US centric in his views.

That makes some of his sweeping predictions too certain in an uncertain world.

But his views in this vid are pretty much what we all know anyway. Not sure about his sub prime x 5 comment. But we do have a real estate bubble.

Will it pop?

Germany has just shown house prices can plunge even when supply is tight - an arguement saying prices cannot go down when there has been an under build has just been proven wrong in the real world.

Bad economy means housing slump.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 9:35am

""But his views in this vid are pretty much what we all know anyway. Not sure about his sub prime x 5 comment. But we do have a real estate bubble.""

Thanks for post Frog.
That was comment was thinking of. I've thought we are in a bubble for years, but now not so sure at least one that will pop, especially in coastal desirable places to live.
Still reckon Howard/ Costello wasted mining boom, but hey better economic management etc ..

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 9:54am

Germany supposedly has a housing shortage and high immigration (lots of refugees) like Australia, but when the economy goes to shit, it shows house prices can plunge even with these demand supply dynamics in place:

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/german-home-prices-fall-record-10...(Reuters),economy%2C%20data%20on%20Friday%20showed.

So Zeihan's prediction on our economy is the one to ponder.

He has spoken about the feet of clay in the German economy (cheap energy from Russia ending due to US pressure and sanctions, demographics - skilled workers retiring, China targeting its high end manufacturing, green energy not going well at all, etc.) and that is playing out as predicted.

Australia's raw materials and agriculture exports are more sustainable than Germany's situation but the self imposed constraints on this through regulation and NIMBY are strangling it. Plus China is not so keen on building empty cities using massive amount of our iron ore anymore.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 10:54am

Frog
Enjoying your posts .
Andy - Howard and Costello did waste only SOME of the mining boom that's still happening and STILL getting wasted .

Not surprised to hear Germany Home prices ARE falling .

Economies have cycles that go down and up and home prices don't , usually , react too much , unless Unemployment is rife .

Germany is having social problems due to immigration .

Germans are leaving , so this decline in home prices , might not turn , when the German Economy recovers .

edit

German women are now unable to go outside , in their cities , on New Years eve .

edit 2

Frog , a great reminder vid below for everyone , how commentators , somehow , don't know the basics .

If the Oil market is 100m b/d , the price is X .

If the Saudi's remove 1m b/d from the market , tomorrow , the price of oil won't pop Up 1% , tomorrow .

Probably 15-20% .

Equilibrium goes to disequilibrium , overnight .

Don't change TAX rates on Australian property , overnight !!!!

Simple and basic stuff .

edit important

When any market moves into Disequilibrium , WATCH OUT .
They can , and if really provoked , turn WILD !

Will tear the whole world to pieces , IF they can .

No Humans can deal with them , then .

Just batten down the hatches , lock the doors and just wait till the market settles back down .

They ALL , always do .

They are usually good animals and we then all remember , again , to NOT provoke them .

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 10:30am

Low inventory (houses currently on market) does not equal undersupply (total housing that could be sold). The two are often treated the same by commentators implying a firm floor under the market in a "tight supply" - low inventory on market - situation. Germany right now is showing shows this is not so.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 12 Jan 2024 at 11:50pm

Australia, after America:

He's spot on about the value-adding, or lack thereof. One day we'll do it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 17 Jan 2024 at 12:37pm

They caught one of the guys sending the mass texts using Aus post and linkt as covers. Steals info… steals bank details …they got all his electronics and evidence…robbing people en mass….and what do we do….let him go on bail.
Probably out shopping now for new gear.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Wednesday, 17 Jan 2024 at 4:17pm

Insanity - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-17/public-private-catholic-school-ed...

And for what outcome? Average education at the best of times.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 3:47pm

Linda Reynolds has doubled down in her bid to freeze Brittany Higgins’ assets, after the former Liberal staffer used some of her $2.4m taxpayer-funded compensation payout to move to France.

Senator Reynolds has now taken further action and has sought French legal advice on whether an Australian ruling could be enforced there.

“I’m considering my position and awaiting advice from French counsel on my right to enforce an Australian judgment against assets in France,” Senator Reynolds said, declining to comment further.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 4:49pm

What’s with Labor’s new digital I.D. Plan only voluntary they say….until you want to do anything…
Just so happens that the EU also have a new digital ID plan which rolls every piece of your life and all your information including bank details into one central data base….nothing to hack there eh….
Also just so happens that klaus schwab the world economic forum founder came up with this idea…..nothing to see here though…..Albo in charge of Australia??
Doesn’t look like it or smell like it.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:02pm

You made me have a look through the submissions, here is the QLD Civil Liberties' one:

https://www.digitalidentity.gov.au/sites/default/files/2023-11/queenslan...

points 7-12 yowza

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:30pm

submissions can be viewed here, from many different perspectives

https://www.digitalidentity.gov.au/have-your-say/2023-digital-id-bill-an...

if you wish, read a few and form your own opinion

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Tuesday, 23 Jan 2024 at 2:26pm

Scomo gone- to a US corporate job. WSL multitasker?
Can't wait for guidance from his book-
"In May, it was revealed Mr Morrison – a devout Pentecostal Christian had clinched a book deal with a US-based Christian publishing company.

Mr Morrison will release his book – Plans for Your Good, “A Prime Minister’s testimony of God’s faithfulness” in May, with a foreword by former US vice president Mike Pence. "

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 29 Jan 2024 at 2:41am

11 Jan 2024 NSW CHO
"There's a significant risk that you'll acquire Covid, particularly in indoor places!"
"If you have to go out then wear a Mask!"

25 Jan 2024 NSW Health Order/s (Guidance on wearing Face Masks)
Unvaxed / Not up to date are at Higher Risk of Covid!
Community transmission remains high across NSW.(Higher than Winter as high as 2022)

#1 Rule { Please Be Kind & Considerate of someones choice of wearing a Mask! }
Unvaxed / Not up to date Boosted are at higher risk in high risk settings!
Wear a Mask if you need to leave Home...Consider wearing masks in crowded areas!

Whole of NSW are constantly advised to don a Mask leaving Home in Crowds = Oz Day!
Why risk being fined by breaching a Health order at Peak Covid...
Be absolutely careless & rude to board a NSW City train without Masks / Eye Protection etc.
Bullet proof Vaxed are stupid & selfish enough to do that & never get fined...unvaxed not so!

NSW Police stop train to question a group of Non Vaxed Covid Safe 'Masked Commuters'!
Choose...(All following were published as news!)

Served a { Rail Infringement Notice } for Offensive Behaviour!
Served an { Infringement notice } for Offensive Behaviour on Public Transport
Served an { Infringement Notice } for Intimidation
Served a { Public Safety Order }
Fined for Offensive Behaviour
Individually Issued { Move a on Order }

Sewell : "They have searched us one at a time and said if we didn't comply they were going to arrest all of us!"

Police : "Group were heard sharing 'Anti Vax' comments in St Peters Park!"
Establishing that whole world know...that only 'Masked commuters' were targeted by cops.
All Vaxed unmasked commuters were in breach but let off coz their shit don't stink!
Just sharing how totally fucked up that would play out in court...Judge would say Wot?

NSW Premier criticized unvaxed commuters for donning Masks / Eye Protection in transit.
Premier called the cops to hold up the only clear Covid compliant commuters on NSW Oz day transport!

Damned if they don Masks > Damned if they remove Masks.
If same unxaxed group removed masks they're > breaching NSW Covid Safe Mask Order
No Vaxed Aussies would blink an eye...Bloody typically selfish unvaxed they'd say!

tbb has no issue with Health Order issuing Masks for crowded Oz day commuter trains!
Nor sitting alongside unvaxed whateva group of coloured Masks / Eyewear at peak Covid!

Do have a major problem with Premier's mass breach threat of his own Covid safe order!
NSW Premier threatens to unmask unvaxed Covid strain over NSW Transit Network...
Pretty sure he's gonna be charged...along the lines of Tokyo Subway Sarin assassin!
With NSW Health order being Active then NSW Premier is Public Enemy #1.

NSW Premier was already heralded as #1 spreader of his recent record long Covid Wave...

PM never dons Mask at Vax Clinics & Flys out next day > Breaching 2 wk incubation. #1risk!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11006121/Anthony-Albanese-not-w...

Anti Covid Safe PM/NSW Premier threaten to unmask unvaxed commuters mid Covid Crisis.
Reckons that'll make 'em look like Fools...tbb agrees on that much!
Which Covid Health Expert still gives a shit to advise against breaching NSW Health Order!
None! Not one Covid expert gives a fuckin' shit!

NSW CHO warns of new mutant Neo Nazi Covid strain lurking in NSW Subways! (Cough!)
Wonder if that's embarrassing enough!

No! Ya don't gotta laugh coz it's sick...our leaders are fuckin' insane Anti Covid Safe maniacs!
Just make up shit as they go...that's not gonna help our record Oz Record Health Crisis!
Stop beating yer chests & sproutin' bully shit...grow a brain & get with the plan.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 4:46pm

More from that extreme left conspiracy theory commie!!

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 5:09pm
Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 5:17pm

Hard to be a wombman if ya ain’t got a womb…..funny world ain’t it….

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 5:33pm

R.I.P curl

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 5:50pm

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 6:21pm

Hard not to be a cockwomble if ya ain’t got a brain capable of independent thinking……funny world ain’t it….

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 6:23pm

you are such a wanker!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 6:29pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

Burn your boardies!

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/boycott-threats-turn-to-...

what a time to be alive

Wonder who had that marketing idea brain fart?
Vissla secret employee plant?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 6:52pm

Good on you sippy, what’s rowan dean’s view of this issue? Wait, don’t tell me as I’m guessing he’s all over it

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 31 Jan 2024 at 7:00pm

by any stretch of the imagination it was a dumb marketing move

I'm of the old school pauline menzcer camp, where pro women surfers shouldn't need to be hot to get a decent sponsorship...

but of the current women's crop I cannot think of any that don't scrub up alright, when they want to...

with bethney hamilton being an obviously pretty girl...

but not only that, she charges... with one fucking arm! ...as a result of a shark attack...

a hot chick, charges on a shortboard, has one arm from a shark bite, and still wins contests!

she is hardcore marketing cream...

she gets dropped, for a definitely not pretty, more dude than chick, that rides a fucking mal!

not even gracefully looking at that photos

the dude's a bohemoth, that must have some weird competitive psycho shit going on to even think it's all cool or fair to take on the chicks...

wtf were they thinking?