Another reason to punch an Anti Vaxxer in the head

Statler's picture
Statler started the topic in Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 8:48pm

Booked to travel the Solomon Islands on 4th January, Family of four. Booked/Paid in August
Got an email and phone call from Solomon Airways Friday 20.12.19 at 3.30pm regarding new travel advisory with measles

"From 28 December 2019 onwards, all non-residents entering the Solomon Islands arriving from measles-affected countries including American Samoa, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, Australia, New Zealand and Philippines (including transit through these countries) will be required to provide certified proof of vaccination against measles at least 14 days prior to their date of arrival. Please note, failure to do so will result in denied entry to the country or deportation. "

The airline advised a blood test, .....Pathology would not get results back in time.
OR get an injection 14 days prior to travel. You Documents will be checked at Brisbane and on arrival in the Solomon's.

Friday 20.12.19 would make it 15 days out luckily I could source a measles vaccine and got a doctors appointment. (Called 10 + chemists and guilted my doctors receptionist for an immediate appointment) At 17.05 4th MMR injected.

I have been vaccinated numerous times with MMR, childhood x 2 plus extra with jobs.

Who over 40 has there vaccination records on hand ? My Doctor searched no records, Hence my fourth MMR

My kids Immunisation Government records, sorted. ....Well done Government.

Missus has record of innoculation 12 years ago and no record of childhood like all +40. ....... MMR x 3

Job for next year a blood report of my immunity to diseases. Printed out ready to go. Free under our world class medical system.

What a clusterfuck

Solomon Islands Immigration Requirements with regards to the control of Measles

(!) IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL PASSENGERS – EFFECTIVE 28 December 2019 NEW MEASLES VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS – Travel Advice from Solomon Islands Ministry of Health and Medical Services

On the 13th of December 2019 as a protective measure to ensure safety to the citizens of Solomon Islands, the Solomon Islands Government announced strict new measles vaccination requirements for all incoming passenger arrivals to the Solomon Islands.

From 14th December 2019 all passengers entering the Solomon Islands are required to complete a new health declaration form regarding immunisation against/exposure to measles. The forms will be made available at Solomon Airlines check-in counters and on board our aircraft.

From 28 December 2019 onwards, all non-residents entering the Solomon Islands arriving from measles-affected countries including American Samoa, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, Australia, New Zealand and Philippines (including transit through these countries) will be required to provide certified proof of vaccination against measles at least 14 days prior to their date of arrival. Please note, failure to do so will result in denied entry to the country or deportation.

From 28 December 2019 onwards, all residents returning to the Solomon Islands from measles affected countries including American Samoa, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, Australia, New Zealand and Philippines (including transit through these countries) will be required to show certified proof of vaccination against measles at least 14 days prior to their date of arrival. Please note failure to provide proof of vaccination will result in being placed into a 21-day quarantine period on arrival in Solomon Islands.

The vaccination requirements do not apply to infants less than 6 months of age, pregnant women or persons carrying documentary evidence of contraindications for measles vaccination, such as immune-deficiency and allergies. A certificate from a doctor is required in these circumstances.

Please monitor this website for further updates.

The Ministry of Health and Medical Services complete advisory note 'Measles Travel Advisory for travellers arriving in Solomon Islands: Protection Against Measles Importation to Solomon Islands' is available here. https://www.flysolomons.com/library/faq/measles-travel-advisory-_-update...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 26 Dec 2019 at 5:43am

Wow, heavy. Thanks for the heads up! 

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Dec 2019 at 9:29am

I don’t understand.

Did the anti-vaxxers create measles ?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 26 Dec 2019 at 4:53pm

Anti vaxers didn't create measles, but they are one of the main reasons for the increase in outbreak in measles all around the world in the last few years, it's a super highly contagious disease, you need a very high percentage of population immunisation rate to have successful heard immunity.

The problem is in developing countries with low education standards, people are even more likely to believe antivaxer propaganda, problem also is in developing countries there can be dodgy vaccine's like was the case in Samoa where nurse's mixed a batch up with muscle relaxant instead of water, two kids died then others were scared to get vaccinations.

And then bang you have the conditions where an outbreak of something like measles can have a serious affect.

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens in Indo my good mate had his first kid vaxinated but something happened in the media about some dodgy vaccines when he had his second child, so she hasn't been vaccinated which is crazy in a country like Indo especially when far from decent medical care.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Dec 2019 at 5:11pm

Not sure what people are worried about ?

Just because some kids died , that’s nothing compared to getting itchy skin for a few days. Crew shouldn’t let non-existent medical training cause them to hesitate when someone is trying to inject a suspicious substance into their veins.

Damn anti-vaxxers ! They need a punch in the face for being afraid to let some clown with a needle poison their kids !

Don’t they know how inconvenient that is for the holidaying family ?

I can’t believe that the remote 3rd world hasn’t been sterilised so urban dad can’t push his grommet into a couple. I bet the selfish fucks still have malaria in the Solomon Islands

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Dec 2019 at 5:19pm

Yeah, vaccinating is pretty lame, it's a plot by big pharma...

"The number of people killed in Samoa's measles outbreak has reached 53, with almost 4,000 cases reported in total.
Health Ministry statistics show that 48 of the dead are children below the age of five."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50625680

"Parents looking for answers on the safety of vaccinations are led astray by fake news, hoaxes, as well as religious and cultural beliefs, and sometimes even threats of violence - which mean diseases once thought eradicated are making a comeback."

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-48585036

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Dec 2019 at 6:27pm

But if they were vaccinated why did they get the measles ?

Don’t get me wrong. I know how effective that disease eradication programs can be . I just don’t get the visceral hate towards those who don’t get the injection themselves. Can’t five year olds get the vaccination ?

And it’s fucking hardcore to blame children’s deaths on people that aren’t vaccinated. To be proudly proclaiming that they should be punched in the head because suburban daddy can’t take his kids to a 3rd world country without their safety being guaranteed is soooooo fucking Sydney* it makes me want to spew.

And all this because suburban daddy has to figure out some paperwork. He isn’t arching up about Samoan kids dying, he’s wanting to punch people in the head because of the inconvenience.

*Sydney isn’t necessarily just a geographical location. It’s as much a state of mind for entitled fucks who think that because the world at home has been paved in front of them ( subsidised by the less fortunate! ) that they should be able to roam the Earth untrammelled by the afflictions of those around them wherever they are.

Sorting paperwork before going overseas......heavy !!! Someone needs knocking out .

PS I commiserate with people experiencing upsets whilst travelling....But that is the nature of travel . Deal with it with your chin up. Sure you’re upset. But the calls to punch people in the face is very , very bad karma. Anyone setting out to a remote location should be treading lightly I reckon.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Dec 2019 at 7:59pm

"But if they were vaccinated why did they get the measles ?"

Please explain?

And I don't hate toddlers for not getting vaccinated, I just have a degree of contempt for the parents.

Statler's picture
Statler's picture
Statler Thursday, 26 Dec 2019 at 9:22pm

You Missed a number of points there Blowin

The vaccination program was to protect the Solomon Island people, not me or my family and I support that it was just rolled out poorly.

Main point Airline sends out email 15 Days out prove you have had a measles vaccine 14 days prior Ive had four and my Doctor said i did not need another but could not provide proof without blood test (one month for results).
So i get another, its a waste of vaccine but now im good to go.

Blowin "I don’t understand.Did the anti-vaxxers create measles ?"

Search yourself mate if you do not understand the world wide problems the Anti Vaxxer movement has created, You obviously lean that way.
As other posters have already said, We vaccinate to protect ourselves and everyone else. If you are not vaccinated you should keep to tourist enclaves that Blowin inhabits.
Blowin "I can’t believe that the remote 3rd world hasn’t been sterilised so urban dad can’t push his grommet into a couple. I bet the selfish fucks still have malaria in the Solomon Islands"

Yes malaria plus the usual indo ones, urban dad, i never liked Blindboys opinions but you take the cake for feculence on these forums. Seek help mate

Blowin " To be proudly proclaiming that they should be punched in the head because suburban daddy can’t take his kids to a 3rd world country without their safety being guaranteed is soooooo fucking Sydney* it makes me want to spew."

Sydney hate it i don't spew I foam dysentry into my 10 yr old big w undies with the thought of ever going there again.
AHH Yeah stand by that punch an anti vaxxer in the head whenever you feel like it, Obviously Blowin is an anti vaxxer and i touch a nerve, comical, makes sense
When did i say safety guaranteed i plan to take my kids places to surf off the map not hipster indo places it may be shit but it wont be full of blowins, Artic is on the list
I have read these forums for a long time picking up useful info from different people and a variety of topics and thought it was time to join and start sharing some stuff glad i started small.

Blowin "And all this because suburban daddy has to figure out some paperwork. "

Toxic mate, no paperwork available for most adults kids have it. Point i was trying to make and people to be aware of moving forward.

Blowin "He isn’t arching up about Samoan kids dying, he’s wanting to punch people in the head because of the inconvenience."

The Title is arching up on Samoan Kids Dying, What inconvenience it was the timeframe champ This must have been the end of the bottle of port or you ran out of coke ?
Blowin "*Sydney isn’t necessarily just a geographical location. It’s as much a state of mind for entitled fucks who think that because the world at home has been paved in front of them ( subsidised by the less fortunate! ) that they should be able to roam the Earth untrammelled by the afflictions of those around them wherever they are.

Oh Blowin how much i would love to be entitled fuck, sadly no, i could have done well as a trust fund baby, would not have wasted a cent.

Blowin "Sorting paperwork before going overseas......heavy !!! Someone needs knocking out "

Enjoy your Journey Blowin, Sounds like life is not good only you can change that

Blowin "PS I commiserate with people experiencing upsets whilst travelling....But that is the nature of travel . Deal with it with your chin up. Sure you’re upset. But the calls to punch people in the face is very , very bad karma."

Water of a ducks back blowin i got my shit sorted as its the nature of life, I will continue to call for the anti vaxxer movement to be punched in the head just like any medical doctor as their choices do kill kids.

Karma does not exist Blowin, sorry to tell you that mate like a parent telling kids santa doesnt exist it hurts, if Karma existed anti vaxxers would die of a new faster form of cancer, pedophiles would spontaneously combust rather than live to 80

Blowin "Anyone setting out to a remote location should be treading lightly I reckon."

WOW THANKS ALMIGHTY TRAVEL GURU TREAD LIGHTLY TREAD LIGHTLY
FFS
Are Dunlop volley OK they are a very light shoe

Well thats my last post here, like the idea of the forum and will continue to take lots of info from it just wont be posting.
Just watch like before from the sidelines better things to do in life.

keano's picture
keano's picture
keano Thursday, 26 Dec 2019 at 10:18pm

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 27 Dec 2019 at 2:51am

Anti vaxxers movement coincides with Oz women's unresolved birthing rites.
Govt dissuades Women seeking suite-home-water-Cesarean births.
Many public Mothers sign up for Private Health then just as soon switch back.
The distrust + Switching is increasing & this obviously interrupts the vaccine shots.

Private Mothers are being fleeced for Extras & switch to Public births Suites.
Again switching straight back after birth to again break vaccine chart cycle.

Despite Govt messaging ...Oz women have highest Cesarean Rate in the World.
Meaning: Oz mothers troubled Birthing inadvertently skips Vaccines by default.
70-100% of Parents have several conflicting Shot Cards. (Whose Fault?)
State/Public/Private baby shot cards differ, resulting in confusion or missed shots.
Health clinics often ignore [+] card & hand out promo Shot Cards with photo front.
Women's craft centres have shot books including photos & odd type set.

There is no Oz-wide Vaccine Card...(The most important affordable tool for trust!)

Same for trendy marine debris cards etc...(Each different, as they're only feel good!)
tbb tracked Global tallies..(Counts twist to page promo). Yes! (re: Heart Smart-Tick!)
You see, by having a corrupted count allows health to on sell stats to who ever!

*Putt Putt / Bowling cards must be regulation or you can't play...(Go figure!)

(Pause)
tbb was a single dad with boy/girl & a Full Deck of these Kookie Shot Cards.
Tried to tick them all thru to teen years Small Pox > Meningococcal b > HPV...
Just these 3 alone cross Primary-High School or Girls not Boys now Boys (Too late!)

Scatterbrain health system is hard to hide...Mum's know the care link is broken.
One step forward & 2 steps back it is.
People know if the cards are different then we lost count & no one's in control.

Anti vaxxers will rise with Women's birthing dissatisfaction & scattered card decks.

One Oz Wide shot card < My Health > cheap- labour / life saving health tool.
Universal shot / Marine debris cards is the ultimate aim....(After we die of course!)
Urgent tracking of Hot Spots to respond / redress & heal people & The Planet.
This is basic science for a trusted dependable Universal Care Computer Map...

Uniting Oz to save the world...will never happen because the internet divides.
Internet destroyed Universal Cartography in 2000 > (Psychedelic Spaghetti Maps)
Big brother is losing the good fight, because uniting the world is not profitable.

silentp's picture
silentp's picture
silentp Friday, 27 Dec 2019 at 6:56pm

I reckon you should pull your head in blowin, you've obviously got a decent IQ but you more often than not come across as just a smartarse sitting behind your keyboard with all the time in the world judging by the amount of your posts.

I don't know statlers situation but hey there's a good chance with family in tow a fair bit of preparations gone into this and it's been jeopardised by the current situation there, maybe his family's only get away for the year?

Yeah and very good point about karma, just as bogus as that santa claus fella

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 27 Dec 2019 at 9:23pm

I know a young lady who is pregnant and experiencing an existential crisis about whether to get her impending child vaccinated. She’s barely an adult herself and isn’t sure who to believe. She’s got reasons to distrust the government from previous experience amongst her family . A young person with the weight of her unborn child in her hands trying to make decisions in a situation where she believes the health of her child is being weighed alongside the health of society as a whole.

That’s who I think of when some clown is demanding that anti-vaxxers be punched in the head . From that point on I have zero regard for their little family holiday irrespective of how long they’ve waited and how hard they’ve planned .

I’m personally of the opinion that vaccinations have saved millions of lives , but when I see first hand someone who is struggling to do the right thing by everyone openly subject to shit such as this, let’s just say I don’t have any sympathy for the bloke saying that young girls should be punched in the head.

As tempting as it is to think of anti-vaxxers as drum circle faux-hippies hopping on the latest instagramable fashion , the reality is that it’s concerned and confused young women who don’t really know what the fuck they are doing or who to believe and only want to to the right thing when put in an extremely stressful position just when they least need more stress.

Statler better hope that Karma isn’t true. And no need to stop posting.....if you put it out there you’ve got to expect to get some back and a headline about punching mothers in the head is certainly putting it out there .

The rest of Statler’s post was informative and probably an ideal heads up for other surfers travelling in that region, but he’d already lost me so I shit over his whole deal......cause I’m a smart arse , no doubt.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 27 Dec 2019 at 9:28pm

Having had a kid in the last 12 months I don’t know how you could live with yourself watching your kid suffering from a preventable illness. Just get them vaccinated, it’s a no brainer for me.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 27 Dec 2019 at 9:53pm

Good on you Goofy - they say that watching a kid struggling with Whooping Cough is one of the most heart-rending things ever.

Hey Blowin, get your young friend to watch this.

Hopefully her "existential crisis" will rapidly dissipate.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 12:30am

Happy new year

bill-poster's picture
bill-poster's picture
bill-poster Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 10:06am

Blowin with another response blown out of all proportion -- doubled down with an explanation that'd only makes sense to idiots who thought Statler 'literally' wanted to punch someone in the head.

For someone who is OK at words you can trip over the most basic of elements. You're like the mujahadeen of Swellnet, making righteous accusations at anyone that doesn't fit your literal view of the world.

Don't bother with another explanation mate. It'd be like talking atheism to ISIS.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 11:08am

Allah Akbar !

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 11:08am

It's unbelievable that we're still having this conversation in the 21st century - maybe it's just the sheer ignorance of how things used to be, and the number of deaths involved in pre-immunization days.

"In the 19th and the first half of the 20th centuries, childhood deaths from many infectious diseases, including measles, diphtheria and poliomyelitis, were common.

Since then vaccines have dramatically reduced the rates of many childhood infections, deaths from vaccine-preventable diseases (VPDs) are now very rare in the developed world and their incidence has fallen sharply in many developing countries over the past 10 - 20 years because of successful immunization programs.

Nevertheless, there are still 2 - 3 million childhood deaths each year, worldwide, from VPDs. "

free pictures for web use

https://www.rcpa.edu.au/Library/Fact-Sheets/Fact-Files/Docs/Immunisation...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 11:15am

Fayk noos, Andy.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 11:18am

Fuggin aye, it's all a fuggin scam by big pharma an' the fuggin guvmint.

Yeah, nah nah, yeah.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 11:20am

Just a heads up....I’m not an anti-vaxxer , I’m just not into the Lynch mob mentality against the confused young women who aren’t sure.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 11:40am

There's nothing to be not sure about, the evidence is crystal clear, there's no space for "aww, gee, I'm a special individual and I'm entitled to my opinion" - there's no argument to be had about this subject.

If you're any sort of friend you'd pass on that link above (from the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia) and also the Youtube vid.

Don't aid and abet this regressive bullshit.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 11:43am
Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 12:00pm

Unlikely, Andy.

I’m not giving medical advice to anyone. That’s their decision to make.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 12:06pm

Cop out.

In any case, it's not "your" advice that your giving, it's the weight of the whole medical and scientific community.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 12:17pm

Well I think of it this way .....I’ve been lucky to be immunised against all kinds of horrible nasties . I actually wish there was a vaccine for more diseases .

But my friends from South Coast got their son vaccinated years ago and all of his limbs became swollen beyond belief and they reckon he screamed in pain for days .

Which story should I tell this future mother do you think ?

Let people make up their own minds unless you want to be blamed when shit goes wrong is my belief.

She’s got advice coming at her from every direction, she doesn’t need me clouding the issue any more.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 12:36pm

"The risks of natural infection outweigh the risks of immunization for every recommended vaccine.
Parents who choose not to vaccinate often do so to avoid risk, but choosing not to vaccinate is the riskier choice."

http://www.immunizeforgood.com/fact-or-fiction/benefits-vs.-risks

And to re-iterate: "there are still 2 - 3 million childhood deaths each year, worldwide, from vaccine preventable diseases."

In reality, the issue is not clouded.

Or, if she wants to consider risk, ask her if she'd be prepared to take her kid to Samoa, current death toll from measles 81 and counting.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 12:53pm

No point trying to convince me , mate. It’s not my decision to make.

I’ve worked with asbestos for years to no ill effect and so have dozens of people I know , whilst my partner’s best friend died from asbestosis after peripheral exposure . You think I should try and convince you that asbestos is safe or unsafe ?

Neither....that’s your decision to make.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 1:26pm

I'm with Andy. It's a bit much to get uppity at a Swellnet commenter on some other person's behalf, but then play the neutral card when you could actually do something positive to help that person.

There's a century of tangible scientific advancements, millions of lives saved, proven again and again, published and verifiable. When people begin reversing that because they can't do the bare minimum of fact-checking, well, I get angry about it too.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 1:53pm

Cool , come on up to Kempsey and punch her in the face then.

Do you want me to hold her arms whilst you beat her to prove my worth or is just supplying her address enough ?

What’s that ? You don’t really think that threatening to punch her in the head is appropriate and it’s not the kind of thing you would advise , encourage or support irrespective of your stance on the issue ? Welcome to my side of the argument.

The only neutral card I’m playing is to recognise that threats of violence against young women isn’t appropriate. And then I’m pilloried because I won’t go down and point my finger into her chest till she gets her kid vaccinated. And then when the slight risk of her child getting fucked up from the vaccination occurs - which it does despite being an inconvenient fact - I can just backpedal and say that I meddled in her business because the crew from Swellnet said it was the right thing to do.

Fuck that....it’s her life , her decision.

I’m just not into someone threatening the violence. Did I overreact on that front ....maybe ? So take me to task for a lack of comprehension . You can stick the rest in your arse.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 1:52pm

WTF?

That post makes no sense whatsover...

Who are you even replying to?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 2:01pm

You and Andy .

You seem to think that I’m defending some position cause I refuse to push an important decision on someone else. I wouldn’t tell you what to do with your family no matter how strongly I felt about something, that’s your decision.

Don’t know why you think it’s neutrality to let her make up her own mind. It’s not my business. I just don’t like the idea of someone saying she deserves a punch in the head because of her doubts over who to believe.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 2:06pm

Swap "punch in the head" for "poke in the in the eye with a blunt stick", or maybe "long walk off a short bridge", would you have gotten so het up?

Because by my reading the commenter was never literally intending to "punch someone in the head", but rather just vent some anger. And I completely sympathise. It's idiotic individualism putting the group's risk at stake.

Anyway, there's no need to race to her defence because there's no man coming from the internet to accost her.

Maybe I'll swap the title out "for get a dog up ya" and just call the whole thread off.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 2:14pm

Blowin I think that's a bullshit position.

Let's say in a few years time you go to the beach with your friend and her new kid.

She wants to let her kid swim in the deeper water by the headland but you know the rip's funnelling out there so you say, hey that's not a good idea, it's pretty risky.
In other words, if the proof is there and the risk is real, why wouldn't you word someone up?
Isn't that what you do if you give a shit?

At least I've tried with my sister, I can say that much.

Ray Shirlaw's picture
Ray Shirlaw's picture
Ray Shirlaw Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 4:27pm

Fair call Andy. "That rip? Oh.....well,its her choice!" Hahaha can't argue with that mate

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 4:54pm

Why are anti vaxxers some how on the nose for denying the science and yet people denying the science on climate change are some how entitled / encouraged to spread their bull shit?

It's the thing today isn't to cherry pick science. Just saying.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 7:27pm

Because vaccination and disease are something that can be 100% proven, you can get two people one not vaccinated and one vaccinated both exposed to the disease and one will get the disease very badly the other might not get the disease or if they do the body will be able to fight it and recover much quicker.

We also know disease is a negative, not much positives about disease again 100% proven.

Also not vaccinating your child effects all the community especially putting at risk those too young to get vaccinations or older people etc again 100% proven.

Climate change is 100 times more complex, we know we are seeing rates of warming increase beyond natural levels and although its highly likely we might be correct in that man is causing this through carbon emissions it's not actually something we can prove without doubt, although unlikely there is still a slight chance we one day may find another reason for warming.

Also we really don't know the effect on global waring the best we have a computer modelling that are far from reliable, also a slight increase in climate is actually beneficial in many ways, this has even been proven with satellite pics showing greening, it's not a coincidence that the majority of the worlds population also live in the tropics, because this is where historically it's been easier for man to thrive as have an abundance of food.

Almost all scientist agree climate change is real, almost all agree it seems man is influencing climate, but when asked if we should be worried or the effects or if this is all a negative the percentage of scientist concerned drops quite fast and varies vastly on what it means for mankind, especially for the slight temp predictions predicted.

Also scepticism about aspects of climate change doesn't necessarily affect anyone else, for instance im skeptical on aspects of climate science that IMHO seem too influenced by money/politics/power but I'm still a supporter of reducing emissions and renewables, id even be happy to have nuclear in my region, something others are not that has put us where we are now with no realistic affordable answer yet to base load energy.

So you can be a climate skeptic but also a supporter of reducing carbon emission at the same time, but ik not sure if you would find an anti vaxer that still vaccinates their children?

All that said I'm only a skeptic, some im speaking from a skeptics view rather than a denier's view.

Statler's picture
Statler's picture
Statler Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 7:18pm

Stunet "Swap "punch in the head" for "poke in the in the eye with a blunt stick", or maybe "long walk off a short bridge", would you have gotten so het up?
Because by my reading the commenter was never literally intending to "punch someone in the head", but rather just vent some anger. And I completely sympathise. It's idiotic individualism putting the group's risk at stake.
Anyway, there's no need to race to her defence because there's no man coming from the internet to accost her.Maybe I'll swap the title out "for get a dog up ya" and just call the whole thread off."

Sounds Good Stu hit the delete button, or change the title to whatever the most bland unoffensive thing you can think of that wont offend anyone's current life or past lives PTSD wont be posting any new topics again.
The message was just to let crew know that it might be worth getting your vaccination history sorted for any unforeseen events in the future , obviously with the rise of anti vaxxers and their enablers this could potentially become an issue with travel in the future, Even though you know your vaccinated when you start looking for proof its hard to find, only way is a blood test and that can take a while. I will be getting one next year for my records.

Great work by the way Stu, Ben TBB
Have a great NY

2019 and people are apoplectic about words the world is going backwards fast, so cool now to be a victim

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 7:32pm

Fuck , mate.

Just keep posting. Don’t let my rants stop you.

They are just words and opinions. No need to shit the bed. Don’t act like a victim if you’re not a fan of that behaviour.

I’m not running home cause of what you said , I’ve put forward my opinion just as you did. Nothing worth martyring yourself over.

Statler's picture
Statler's picture
Statler Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 8:40pm

Blowin i often wondered whether you were a creation of swellnet that some interns were made to post to drive traffic. Surely your not real if you are good luck on your path.

In real life i do not associate with the Anti vaxxers or their enablers, people that are continually claiming to be victims, the drug addicted, drunks, the mentally ill or the general retard that no one wants to associate with. No different online.

Your comments have put you into one or several of the above categories you decide which one, not for me to decide, its your journey.

watching you make the argument about yourself on numerous forums/topics on these forums has become quite inane, your arguments are weak and follow the same pattern(hence whether its an intern script) it always turns back to you being personally offended and becoming apoplectic and blowin being the centre of attention like the petulant child you appear to be.

As a "Surburban dad" looking out over the 5 acres having a quite beer i just realised why am i even still talking to you

Thats right my whole point in posting was just to make sure blowin did not have the last say.

Blowin has to have the last post cannot stop until he feels he wins no post finishes with out blowin having his final say. WATCH HE WILL DO IT,

SO
You win blowin thanks for the insightful posts very helpful the forum thanks you, your a legend "tread lightly on your travels"
No go and pour yourself a port and coke and enjoy the real world
Watching and waiting for people to post on swellnet is a sad existence and very weird

HOO ROO

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 28 Dec 2019 at 9:46pm

Indo, that last post of yours has so much bullshit in it, it would take a very long time to muck out.

Look, I could agree with what you are saying but then we would both be wrong, the point I was making on my original post is I prefer to get my science from scientists with years of university training followed by decades of work in the field and not from some 3rd rate TV presenter or journalist from Murdoch.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Sunday, 29 Dec 2019 at 8:16am

Thank you, Guy!

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Sunday, 29 Dec 2019 at 8:42am

Just read this thread...............Blowin FFS stop drinking and posting............and put out the coffin nail.

PS, 28 to 35 years-ish mean time to Mesothelioma

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 29 Dec 2019 at 9:25am

@Guy 99% of us get our info from the media, media cherry pick and often stretch the truth or even worse.

The major problem though now is how the IPCC has changed how they present things.

"between “baseline scenarios” of the future which describe where the world is headed in the absence of climate policies and “mitigation scenarios” which describe a world where climate policies are put into place. Baseline scenarios are often referred to as “business as usual.”

The rise of the new climate apocalysm can be traced directly to an consequential but little appreciated change in how the IPCC presents its scenarios. The consequences of this change have reverberated through the scientific community, media reporting, policy discussions and civic advocacy."

Good recent article on related topic, quote taken from article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerpielke/2019/12/06/the-incredible-story...

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 29 Dec 2019 at 9:26am

Yeah, fires, drought, water shortages but the main problem is IPCC reporting.
If we can just sort out the reporting then we can figure out how clean coal is going to make this small rise in temperatures beneficial. Yay Indo!

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 29 Dec 2019 at 9:36am

yeah, I don't think shooting the messenger is gunna be very helpful here.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 29 Dec 2019 at 11:41am

"In reality, climate science has not just accurately anticipated unfolding climate change, but has done so consistently for the past 50 years."

Quote from the author in the same article Indo.

Maybe it is a good recent article after all, eh?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 29 Dec 2019 at 11:55am

No Indo, credible independent media do not "cherry pick and often stretch the truth or even worse". They report the facts and opinion pieces are shown as such. Whereas, the Murdoch stable are often found out for blatant cherry picking, stretching the truth, omitting key facts or substituting facts with opinion.

But again, in my original comment I was referring to how individuals, perhaps like yourself, cherry pick science when it comes to climate.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 29 Dec 2019 at 3:10pm

Ha ha sure

And what media is ?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 29 Dec 2019 at 3:14pm

Unicef Pacific Measles Vaccines ( Oct 1- Dec 23 2019 )
Fiji 735,000 / Samoa 265,500 / Vanuatu 80,000 / Solomons 60,860 / Tonga 58,000
+8 other nations Total = 1,254,360 + 13,000 more underway. (Huge effort people!)
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/wpro---documents/dps/outbreaks-a...

Statler(Cheers!) Title is Very GCB...Goldie wouldn't blink twice at that Headline.
Gaurdian: "Measles on the rise. But telling anti-vaxxers they're stupid won't fix it!"
"Crazymothers want you to stop calling them anti-vaxxers!"
'I thought all anti-vaxxers were idiots,then I married one"

US argument is simple...
God paints spots on our kidz to toughen them up so we can smack & shoot them.
Pure Evil Democrats now inject evil sorcerer's brew into our kid'z blood.

Jewish (Anti vaxxers) host is [facebook] ('Religious') Freedom of Expression.
We never endorse misinformation but more importantly-never stop the spread of it!

Qldurrz...Natural Immunity Community
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-28/anti-vax-network-sets-up-own-soci...

Statler raises & shares many important points about vaccines.
All here know of increase from cradle (Booster shots) to grave (Annual Flu shots)

*Despite 3 month advanced booking, you cop a deadline note @ 15 days out.
GP's can be a week's wait + Bloods are a week at best (Most would miss out!)
Hence Statler shares this shocking revelation as a wake up call...(Thanx)

*Health (shot) records are scattered across the decks for each family member
(Note Statler's shot record keeping puts others to shame yet still rightly calls it out?)

Shots mostly pertained to Sick bays or mobile clinics > Now at new suss port'o'call.
Hygiene standards are slipping...Tardy Classrooms now double as Health Wards.
No sink for Hand washing + No Gloves + No Masks is now commonplace in schools
..................................................................................................................................................................
*Chemists only recently listed as Flu Jab centres, tbb & others know little of this.
Why should cheap perfume stores have access to My Health Govt Records

[ATTENTION] (Check further if Pregnant or NT/ACT/Tas)
Chemist Shots:
$20 - Flu
$20 - Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)
$43-60- Whooping Cough-Diphtheria-tetanus
$65- Meningococcal
https://www.guild.org.au/programs/vaccination-services

Read how Chemist vaccines can slip off the radar outside (Employed Health Oath!)
See how innocent letter baits Bully replies as here...splits the health community.
https://ajp.com.au/news/pharmacist-slammed-for-claiming-infant-vaccine-u...
tbb recently relayed the same chemist avenues used to access medical cannabis...

No need for patient records for any of these shots at Chemist Warehouse.
No appointment? No Medicare Card? Slip extra $10 & 'My Health' don't know shit?
Any here still think My Heath is about their 'health'. (Try social credit score).
https://rsvp.chemistwarehouse.com.au/frequently-asked-questions
.................................................................................................................................................................
Anti vaxxers need no more examples than continuous crumbling dodgy system.
tbb listed several reasons for rise of Anti vaxxers..#1 being the half arsed Govts.

Bank [TAP] Licence [FLASH] Welfare [ Vice Club ] Video Card [PASSWORD...#]
Pension [Not Valid Here] Passport [ STAMP ] Medicare [ Out of Date ]
Shot Card [ Last card you need ]...sticking to the script.

Darkside Measles Party { Invite } ...Hell Yeah! Who wouldn't wanna go to that?
https://media1.giphy.com/media/zOvjCwqTDRVjq/source.gif