Climate Change Research

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Wednesday, 25 Apr 2018 at 10:07am

I thought I might again.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 7 Jul 2019 at 7:23pm

Thanks Laurie. Good read.

"The ruthless few aren’t as gormless as some of their spokespeople may appear. They wield formidable institutional leverage, and have built an architecture of industrial growth so vast that it now threatens the foundations of human society. Having accumulated this power, they have absolutely no intention of giving it up, even if it costs us the world".

Who said the dinosaurs were extinct?
T-rexs, I see T-rexs everywhere.

"Don’t exaggerate. The truth is bad enough.”

The truth is that the "Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change issued the unambiguous warning that, while there is still time to prevent worst-case scenarios, the window is closing fast. By 2030, if we’re still on the present trajectory, the climate doomists will have the run of the table."

I have to wonder how many extreme weather events or un-natural occurences or species made extinct need to happen before the Oz government takes some serious actions. Capitalism at the expense of the environment can only continue for so long. Capitalism can adapt.
The political masters take baby steps but should be running the marathon.
Because it makes common sense.
We don't need to burn black stuff to create heat to turn turbines to make power, anymore. Oil as an energy source can be replaced with gas, sustainably produced electricity/batteries, and what seems to make a lot of sense for me is hydrogen.

Direct action is the heart of protest. Make it non- violent and unexpected, or simply en masse, and it can work,

Time will tell. It's Tipping Point time.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 7 Jul 2019 at 11:23pm

While the crew are brewing up Biblical sized Storms...

Mid June/2019...We cross back to the US / SouthWest down Arizona Way...

'Pentecostal Petrolheads are sharing some Southern Hospitality.

"Hey! You city slickers still be looking for that man that made the climate change...
Not another step on my Property!"
Climate Change! We'll give you city geeks some man made Climate Change...

Go round up some Twisters Boyz...Ok! Hit the Gas Ma!
You're more than welcome to a heap'n'helpin' of 'Ma's Homemade Climate Change'.
Howzabout an Haboob in Mad Max sized portions....Let her rip Ma!

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/number-of-dust-storms-predicted-to-incr...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 10:43am

Australia - Summer 2015/16 Gulf Of Carpentaria
"Unprecedented Mangrove Dieback"

Reel 1 (Gulf water edge towards Shore -up close flyover)

Reel 2 (Shoreline looking back out to The Gulf -up close flyover)

June Report Findings: (Climate Change)
Both oldest & youngest trees were killed.
Less riverine(15%) Mostly Coastal (85%)...Within 1km inshore
Summer Low weather Systems produced larger than normal waves(4m) & tides.
Swellnet "Gulf wave hunters" (check)...26/12/2015 + 2/2/2016 + 19/3/2016
As the waves rolled up further the resulting silt suffocated life on extreme low tides.
Note: Not sea rising devastation!(Series of Supercharged Climactic Weather Events)

Qldurr tbb is obligated to link Qld Govt June/2019 reports on Mangrove Madness.
Mangrove dieback in Gulf Of Carpentaria (Assessment &Future Monitoring)
Appendix 1-4 (All Study Papers are free to view ...no log in needed!)
https://publications.qld.gov.au/dataset/mangrove-dieback-gulf-of-carpent...

[ATTENTION] Climactic Events were at the heart of Mangrove Dieback.
However the devastating flow on effect is very much of Global concern.
June 2019 Studies confirms an open secret that many had alluded to.

https://nph.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/nph.15995

News version...
http://www.mygc.com.au/dying-mangrove-forests-releasing-significant-amou...
Methane Emissions from Decomposing Mangroves were 8 x that of healthy species.
Reported figure of 26% of Ecosystem methane flux...(That's a lot!)

Note: State Govts instruct councils to plant more mangroves to detox Estuaries.
Mostly to offset relentless development clearing & kill rates of Mangroves

Consider 1,000 kms (7,400 hectares x 26% Methane emission goes onto Govt Tab)
Now tally up Total Oz Coastline Golf Course dieback...Wow!
Oz is rocketing up the smelly fart charts...

tbb smells another stinky Fed Liberal Govt quango to payola the Top 40!
"Watch mangroves die!" (Grant) Awarded to highest End of Financial Year donor ...?

You can count on a Qldurr to kill off your planet...(a Joke!) Deen Bro's will sort it!

Laurie McGinness's picture
Laurie McGinness Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 10:56am

Yeh tbb so many changes now and people think rising sea level is the only threat to surfing. This might make them think again.
https://www.usf.edu/news/2019/some-atlantic-beaches-to-face-onslaught-of...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 12:00pm

All good stuff but guys do you honestly believe anything really meaningful will be done until it’s too late?

Laurie McGinness Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 12:27pm

Define "too late" Guy. It is already too late to stop significant change over the next hundred years. How many degrees are "too late"? I am optimistic that humans will turn this around but the next decade represents our last chance to avoid catastrophic changes resulting in millions, if not billions, of avoidable deaths, massive extinctions across virtually all habitats causing simplification of existing ecosystems with unpredictable and undesirable long term results, large irreversible sea level rises etc etc etc etc. If governments are not prepared to act, people must!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 12:41pm

Do you think that non- violent egging will halt the white supremacy of climate change ?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 1:10pm

Laurie doing what I do on an individual basis keeps me sane but only if I don't think too hard about the reality. I start each day thinking how can I (just me) do better but I don't look beyond that. Good on you for being optimistic, I admire that, I wish I could also be an optimist but that side of me, dealing with the outside world that is, is a now only a glimmer of what was.

Probably like you, its been a lifelong obsession, admiring and looking after the environment the best I could, after the gold rush, it hasn't got better where it counts, only on the edges, yes its already too late but that change you want this coming decade isn't going to happen, best just make every day and relationship count.

To think of all the billions of planets in the universe, our blue planet is unique in allowing life of such diversity it is mind blowing yet we are doing our best to kill it, just how fucking stupid are we?

Now excuse me I have to go and have another argument with the builder next door who thinks its acceptable to burn green tree stumps he has just dug out of the ground.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 1:21pm

Loz, if you say the next decade represents our last chance to turn things around, then we are indeed rooted.
You're ostensibly talking about climate change, but in reality you're talking about EVERYTHING in our culture.
We might be fortunate enough to deal with the basic causes of climate change but when you talk about dealing with mass extinctions, including our own, we would have to do a 180 degree change in our way of living and our ways of perceiving the earth which sustains us.
Labor gave the electorate the faintest whiff of this last election (I'm talking infinitesimal) and the voters laughed at it and wiped their arses with the ballot papers.
We're not even rearranging deck chairs on the proverbial Titanic, we're still ordering new ones by the dozen.
The existing economic and social power structures and resultant hegemony have the world in a literal death grip and as I've said before they won't be giving that up without the mother of all fights.

Laurie McGinness Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 1:51pm

Maybe, but my optimism is based on the available technology and the economics of energy. The fossil fuel industry have fought longer and harder than the tobacco industry but as in that case, economics will triumph. Once governments realised they were going to be paying out more in health care than they could ever recover from taxes, big tobacco had lost. In the case of climate change, we are now at a similar point and the politicians know it. The issue is to pressure them to act as quickly and purposefully as possible ........ and yes it all helps.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 2:01pm

Yes, but you're back to talking solely about climate change.
I agree with your belief that economics will prevail in that case but we need to change pretty much everything in our society which is, shall we say, a bit of an issue.

Laurie McGinness Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 2:34pm

There are a lot of issues Andy and the world will be a very different place in a couple of hundred years ......... iconic species will be lost, wilderness will be a rare commodity etc but I think climate change and nuclear war are the only existential threats to our species.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 3:12pm

Well, I stand by my comment that although we may get a handle on climate change, the chances of humans being able to turn around catastrophic change within the next decade are nil.
The powers that be either don't see it or are so driven by greed that they don't care.
Our societies just won't change in the next 10 years.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 3:16pm

Andy said ..... "The existing economic and social power structures and resultant hegemony have the world in a literal death grip and as I've said before they won't be giving that up without the mother of all fights".

That's it in a nut shell technological advances or not.

Laurie McGinness Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 3:41pm

Pessimism too quickly lapses into apathy.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 4:03pm

It's not pessimism - I'm optimistic about dealing with climate change.
But why talk nonsense about the broader picture?
I don't think it benefits the discussion.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 4:25pm

Talk about it being too late to halt the destruction of the planet are pure fear mongering . In a few short years the LNP in Australia will be toast and the state of our society-economically and culturally- will provide the undeniable impetus for change that Australia needed.

We just have to bottom out first, unfortunately.

New Zealand is paving the way.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2019/07/challenging-dogma-gdp-populatio...

The link is way more than just the population debate that some refuse to entertain.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 5:19pm

Laurie, I am not and have never been apathetic when it comes to the natural world ok.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 5:13pm

4 corners tonight to see the corruption of water buybacks along the Murray-Darling.

Lucky Country?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 5:20pm

"Talk about it being too late to halt the destruction of the planet are pure fear mongering . In a few short years the LNP in Australia will be toast and the state of our society-economically and culturally- will provide the undeniable impetus for change that Australia needed."

Now that's optimism!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 5:51pm

Whats optimism is Australia being the world leader per capita in household solar insulations already passing 2 million of 9 million households.

Also at current rates being on track to 78% renewables by 2030 https://reneweconomy.com.au/forget-50-australia-on-track-to-reach-78-ren...

Also Australia could possibly end up having the worlds biggest solar farm located in the NT https://www.pv-magazine-australia.com/2019/06/26/pre-assembled-concept-p...

And more good news while everyone has been focused on Adani coal mine, Adani last month connects one of their two new solar farms to the grid https://www.pv-magazine-australia.com/2019/06/07/adani-switches-on-65-mw...

And another of similar size just connected to the grid https://reneweconomy.com.au/clermont-solar-farm-connects-to-the-grid-in-...

And then there is the 100 plus wind farms and more to come

If human influenced climate change is real or not, we might not know for another ten to twenty years, but one thing for certain despite the negative picture many paint, the renewable things is happening.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 6:16pm

Things turn around , Andy.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 9:00pm

Good read blowin.

The sooner the world moves away from being just an 'economy' the better. The bean counters and co. have been counting us AS beans for too long. Not to mention the environment.

I find it kinda heart-warming that NZ is leading the way with the 'happiness budget'. Early days yet as to its success, but can you imagine any of the major parties here in Australia even considering such a concept? Nah me neither.

I thought this was a bit of gold. "Due to a lack of mass immigration, Japan is plagued by a rising standard of living". Oh the irony.

Aaah Indo, for a One Nation voter you sure are sounding like a 'greenie' at heart.
"If human influenced climate change is real or not, we might not know for another ten to twenty years"( umm I thought the science was already in on that one}
and "....one thing for certain despite the negative picture many paint, the renewable things is happening."

Undoubtedly true. Slowly but surely. But one thing is for sure, the changing of where we get our energy from is only part of the bigger problem..

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Jul 2019 at 10:24pm

4 Corners tonight revealed a shocking waste of taxpayers money being spent to benefit foreign owned companies to improve marginal farming land needing even more water from the rivers instead of being used to give the rivers more water.

Corruption on a grand scale.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 1:31am

GuySmiley calls time on grand scale corruption & tbb will 2nd that!
Surely the game is up, this time around!

Corrigan's Waterfront Dispute Part II (Murray River Takeover)
Lib's attack Dog is on strike unless Oz Taxpayers hand over another $40m.
Then increase Liberal Party donations each year like forever or he'll pull the plug!

Barnaby's water buyback hits $5.6b & Oz greatest rivers can't support a Guppie.

Funny how every new crop requires infinitely more water than the previous crop.

It's as if we pay crooks sell our own water back to us at peak prices...(Durr!)
Aussies gonna be working like 10 x forever to pay for Barnaby's kettle of fish.

ABC News
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-08/taxpayers-helping-fund-murray-dar...

ABC 4 Corners
https://iview.abc.net.au/show/four-corners/series/2019/video/NC1903H022S00

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 5:37am

Works in the same fashion as the East coast gas situation, TBB.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 7:06am

One mans corruption is another mans policy working as designed

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 8:10am

"Aaah Indo, for a One Nation voter you sure are sounding like a 'greenie' at heart."

I voted the first time last election for one nation more as a protest vote and like any party i dont agree with all their policies..

But I dont think one nation and many of it voters are not green at heart, obviously many are not too but many farmers and just people who live in regional areas or the bush are actually very green at heart and have a close connection to the land and environment. (Just like us surfers do to the ocean)

Also a big part of one nation policy focus is on securing water for the future.

They are also pro sustainable population growth.

Those two things IMHO are two of the biggest green related problems in Australia today and they are100% certain problems.

Global warming is highly likely another, but in reality its still not 100% confirmed and even then Australia is so insignificant in C20 emissions even if Australia completely vanished from the earth, the difference would be minuscule to the issue.

That said obviously one area One nation is not Green and i dont agree with is the energy policy which is pro low emission coal powered fire stations, to me this is silly, although i support coal mining for the needs of developing countries and production of steel etc and agree with seeing the life cycle of current coal powered power stations run out or at least until they are not needed or lose viability.

IMHO Australia as a developed country should sensibly transition to renewables, there is no good reason not too, even if in 20 years time scientist discover the C20 thing was overdone, renewables are just a sensible way to gain energy especially for Australia with all the sun and wind we have access to, and we have shitloads of land in many areas that is not suitable for other uses but suitable for solar farms and wind farms, many of those in regional areas can also benefit from employment from these facilities as most or all are located in regional areas.

IMHO you can be green and also be pro farming and mining etc it's just about balance and sustainable land use, i think many farmers are actually much more green than many green voters.

BTW. In regard to the environment in general one of the biggest issues for me is the lack of focus on recycling and plastics and it's an area that very few parties or anyone is focussing on or discussing etc

Laurie McGinness Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 8:15am

" Don't Blame Me, I Voted Labor! "

Avoid the rush. Order your t-shirts now.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 9:48am

Given the basis of all money spent in the Murray-Darling was meant to be based on science what the LNP have been doing with budget allocations to return water back to the rivers is corruption on a scale worthy of a Royal Commission.

People argue that it’s not too late with climate but if the LNP can get away with bleeding a river and the money allocated to fix it dry, you know the elected government that is meant to represent the people, just what fucking hope do we have, seriously.

What will it take for good hard working salt of the earth country people to walk away from their corrupt politicians, FFS this is Joyce’s handy work and he was returned with a greater majority.

The National Party only exist now for big corporate agriculture and mining.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 10:33am

Ant's: AEC ... T Shirt Range...

Front: [ I'm with a Non Voter >]
Back : [ Voters breed Hate ]
T Shirt comes pre soaked in Blood 'n'Guts or Runny Egg wash...

{T Shirt is declared as an Unlawful Weapon under Dutto Act}
Authentic { AEC booth breach tracking tag }
Extra Fines & Charges apply to those who read these ASIO terms & conditions.

(Disclaimer) I swear Australia is more free than some other 3rd world Dictatorship.
Vote Yes here... [ ] & heres your [P] T Shirt license...just steer clear of neo nazis.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 11:13am

There was a royal commission.

South Oz held one. The results were a total condemnation of the Murray Darling Basin plan and its implementation.

The Fed govt launched injunctions against it during the proceedings and then proceeded to completely ignore the findings that "Commonwealth officials committed gross maladministration, negligence and unlawful actions".
A million dead fish in the Murray.

It was not an election issue.

Joyce was re-elected with an increased majority.

Will this Four Corners episode be any different in terms of outcome?

Doubtful.

We're up to our nuts in business as usual with snouts in the trough and no change in sight.

Things turn around?

We're on a B-double with the foot to the floor and a snapped brake cable.

Only thing that will turn this around is hurtling off a cliff.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 11:19am

"It's not pessimism - I'm optimistic about dealing with climate change.
But why talk nonsense about the broader picture?
I don't think it benefits the discussion."

Because it doesn't fit with wider agendas?

No space for 'inconvenient truths'?

... whatever it is, they're only fooling themselves, the ipcc reports we're constantly directed to spell it all out...

"Aaah Indo, for a One Nation voter you sure are sounding like a 'greenie' at heart."

He sure is, and he makes a good point about farmers and natiional's/ON voters having a tinge of green. It's the narrative from certain cohorts that's impeeding progress as much as anything else.

Too much bush11 '... you're either with us or against us...' talk...

Nah, we're all in this together, you need to listen to people's concerns and worries...less with the top down bullshit

And, I myself almost gave hanson a vote, purely on the aljazeera thingy, I thought better of it, but almost...

People don't like lies, deceit, manipulations, and meddling from those that shouldn't be meddling....

I find all the climate change gloom and doom post election quite overblown. As indod points out the public is on board and doing it without government.

Many voters voted the soccer mums in purely on climate change.

People didn't reject climate change and the environment this election, they outright rejected labor! Who have a pretty weak and whimsical track record on the issue. And this election didn't even have the courtesy to tell us what they were going to do...

fail fail fail

This week SA banned single use takeaway plastic stuff, ...under a liberal government!!

I think 'the left' - or at least labor, ...actually especially labor - need to realise they don't have a monopoly on the evironment. And social issues for that matter...

their track record just ain't that inspiring...

'Things turn around , Andy."

absolutely!!

things aren't that bad, yes scomo is PM, which is confronting, saddening, and infuriating...

but it could be worse...

It could've been shorten...

Laurie McGinness Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 12:16pm

After 6 years of LNP government their most memorable achievements are to have allowed the greatest ever rort of our tax money while simultaneously creating an unprecedented environmental disaster. See if you can bullshit your way out of those incontrovertible facts.

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 12:51pm

maintain the rage boys, keep that light on the hill burning, there'll be another election in 4 years !☺

Laurie McGinness Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 12:54pm

3 actually.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 1:56pm

There is no light at the end of the tunnel here, unless there is a recession and aspirational Australia get burnt the LNP will be returned to government, the country has changed, on an individual level there are burning bright beacons, collectively we are rooted.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 2:58pm

We are so committed to American style neoliberalism casino capitalism with mega state cronyism now and if the last election couldn't budge the needle then I can't see a course correct for a generation.

Maybe when the kids start to vote.

Laurie McGinness Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 3:05pm

On the other hand, given the lack of judgement and complete disrespect for justice and equity they have shown, there is a good chance that they will end up like Bjelke-Petersen's lot. Out on their arses and in court.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 3:08pm

"This week SA banned single use takeaway plastic stuff, ...under a liberal government!!"

Huh didn't know that, thats the kind of stuff we need to see happen.

The lack of recycling to me is one of the biggest worries and just the high consume and throw a way attitude of society.

Has little or nothing to do with Liberal or Labor either, people who think everything would be dandy under Labor are kidding themselves.

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 3:08pm

you worry me guy, you really want "aspirational australia(ns) "to get burnt? that doesnt seem very nice. sure the lnp are dopes, joyce is a fuckwit (every time i hear him say the murray is like a carpet, it doesnt matter if you take water out at the top i want to shoot him) but pretty much half of australians think the alp are even worse (me included). corruption? maybe a little but mostly they are all just stupid. pink batts, water rights, nbn, every time they try something with our money they fuck it up . maybe you should lighten up on politics, surf more, smoke some dope, repeat after me, john howard wasnt such a bad guy. i reckon you have done your best and your bit politically. everything is going to be ok, i promise!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 3:12pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-06/south-australia-plan-to-ban-singl...

Why is SA more progressive in this area?

I mean they have had that deposit/refund on bottles since at least the 80s

Why haven't the other states adopted it?

Laurie McGinness Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 3:30pm

Blaming Labor for the NBN! Not knowing the length of the Parliamentary term. Keep 'em comin LL, too much fun!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 3:48pm

"you worry me guy, you really want "aspirational australia(ns) "to get burnt? that doesnt seem very nice. sure the lnp are dopes, joyce is a fuckwit (every time i hear him say the murray is like a carpet, it doesnt matter if you take water out at the top i want to shoot him) but pretty much half of australians think the alp are even worse (me included). corruption? maybe a little but mostly they are all just stupid. pink batts, water rights, nbn, every time they try something with our money they fuck it up . maybe you should lighten up on politics, surf more, smoke some dope, repeat after me, john howard wasnt such a bad guy. i reckon you have done your best and your bit politically. everything is going to be ok, i promise!"

I like this lounelizard guy....

...except the john howard bit...

...but then again, on reflection, look at the shit we've had since...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 3:57pm

"Why is SA more progressive in this area?

I mean they have had that deposit/refund on bottles since at least the 80s

Why haven't the other states adopted it?"

SA always has been indod.

Not just environment, first state to give women the vote, decriminalise homesexuality, decriminalise marijuana, always progressive politically.

No nuke waste dump. Renewable energy. Preservation of heritage buildings, parklands, heaps of good stuff...

Its either ironic or incredibly encouraging that such a little state, with such a basket case economy, finds the will and means for so much change...

"Why haven't the other states adopted it?"

Because they listen to coke, who says...

"we'll have to put the price up"

"there's a cost someone will have to incur..."

etc. etc. SA shut that shit down 40 years ago. And now we have some of the wealthiest homeless people in the world...

joking ...kind of...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 3:51pm

"We are so committed to American style neoliberalism casino capitalism with mega state cronyism now and if the last election couldn't budge the needle then I can't see a course correct for a generation.

Maybe when the kids start to vote."

self inflicted freeride

by offering no alternative...

i reckon labor's already fucked themselves over for a generation

unless something big happens

or they find the will to change....

Bahahahahahahahaha....

Laurie McGinness Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 4:04pm

Something big? You mean maybe like $9 billion tax payer dollars delivered to their mates in a cunning scheme that also caused our major inland river system to run dry? Something like that?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 4:07pm

Labor stuffed themselves over by offering something resembling an alternative, Syppo.

Laurie McGinness Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 4:08pm

........ or were you thinking something more like delivering a surplus by gutting health, education and welfare at a time when every economist, not in the direct pay of Lord Moloch. is saying that it is the worst possible thing to do and will almost certainly cause a recession?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 4:28pm

Loz, that's nowhere near big enough, not remotely.