# Bitcoin #

udo's picture
udo started the topic in Wednesday, 15 Nov 2017 at 3:49pm

The Bitcoin graph looks Interesting ! ?

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018 at 12:18pm

Let’s go back in time for a minute. It’s May, 2017, and the Oi Rio Pro is in full swing. A young and exhuberant Filipe Toledo makes a foolish move and is disqualified from the event, and then his action bring on further disqualification from the next event in Fiji. At the time, it felt like the biggest dip in the young Brazilians stellar career. But then something even stranger happened. He went to his home town, and he went surfing 2ft beach breaks for a month solid. Armchair experts like me, and like you, were singing a chorus of why isn’t he practicing at JBay, why isn’t he chasing this or that swell to Teahupoo. It was, at the time, a new low for Filipe. It seemed he was never going to get serious about surfing serious waves. I mean, you won’t be able to draw Shaun Thompson’s lines practicing at home at Ubatuba. It even looked like he had gone grey.
Then, along came JBay, and he dropped “that” performance, and nope, history will not just remember that as the wave of the year. Then he went home again, to practice for the future.
What this ramble is about, what I really want to say, is buy the dip, you magnificent bastards. 2018 is coming, and Shaun Thompson won’t be in your heat.

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018 at 1:06pm

Chase...........a good read.....particularly the last two paragraphs which is essentially what i was alluding to in my posts above. BTC is here to stay....but not as a real world transactable crypto.

https://medium.com/opacity/bitcoin-1537e616a074

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018 at 1:10pm

Bitcoin started the crypto market, its still plays an important part and influences the market generally because its the major pairing on exchanges.

But the crypto market doesn't need bitcoin to survive and in time it's influence will become less and less.

It's never going to be realistically get wide stream adoption by the mainstream as a currency either, even if lighting network lowers price and increases speed, just the fact it's unstable in price and also the huge amounts of electricity it uses is just not sustainable.

And please don't say we can use renewable electricity, its still a huge waste when not needed, its not the future, there are better methods.

IMHO bitcoin is now also one of the worst investments in crypto, lets take a price of 10.5K USD to double your money it needs to hit 21K USD, of which it may do, but it hasn't done yet and would most likest take months to do.

Compare that to many cryptos that double in price quite easily, just since the bigger dip TRX )(yes not everyones favourite) doubled in price, XRP cam close and I'm sure there is plenty of others that have had good gains. (please note drops are irrelevant if you buy low and sell high, although they do give more opportunities)

For mainstream adoption, you need a coin that is stable in price, fast, cheap to use and buy, and sustainable from an environmental view point.

Honestly not sure how that can be done without being centralised in some way though.

But i think crypto is a lot more than just being a payment system it's more about the tech and smart contracts, block chain and the other uses it could be used for.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018 at 1:17pm

BTW. Good news on South korea thing

https://news.bitcoin.com/korean-crypto-exchanges-share-data-with-banks-n...

http://bitcoinist.com/south-korea-legalizes-bitcoin-ban-anon/

IMHO this is good news, regulation legitimises the space and ensures security for the future 100% better than a ban. (and even gets rid of rumours of bans)

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018 at 1:24pm

That is good news Indo. Thanks

the chase's picture
the chase's picture
the chase Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018 at 1:50pm

I would definitely have it in your portfolio. No one can predict crypto. The amount of money i have lost over the last 2 years thinking i know whats best.

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018 at 2:30pm

I have BTC in my portfolio but it's by no means my largest $$ amount. In fact it's a long way down the line now and I have no intention of making huge returns from BTC. Those days on BTC massive gains are gone by a long shot. ALTCOINs is where the massive gains are to be had.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018 at 5:53pm

Anyone know this dude, seen in one of his videos he was down at D-bah going for a surf (or just come in)

His vids aren't too bad, no BS style.

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 at 10:18am

Perth Mint are onto it a crypto back by gold, who would have ever thought of having a currency back by gold. :-) A crypto with underlying fundamentals allowing you to realise the true intrinsic value of said crypto.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 at 12:10pm

A few things you might not have considered.

http://insidestory.org.au/bitcoins-zero-sum-game/

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 at 12:28pm

Interesting article BB and it makes some good points that I have to agree with. And as I keep saying, I do not see BTC as having a real world crypto transactable purpose in the future…another crypto will surpass it and become the norm for day to day transactions. But I also don’t see it (BTC) dieing either. It will kinda be like the USD of fiat….the basis of which all crypto’s will be measured or traded against.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 at 2:40pm

Bitcoin will be worthless in 18 months.

It’ll be a quaint memory in 5 years.

And in twenty years it’ll be nostalgically referred to as the grandfather of the crypto currency that will be utilised by the one world government to enslave the global population just as the British enslaved the Africans with the Hut Tax.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 at 3:51pm

Like I've also mentioned Bitcoin isn't the future of crypto but its not going to die either, there is no such thing as a true value, value is subjective on what people think something is worth and everything is fluid in value..

I have no idea what it will be worth it six months, a year, five years, ten years or whatever.

But one thing is for certain it won't be worth zero even if it crashed and for some reason everyone thought it was all over, people would buy up just incase, i know i would, if they were only $100 id go man I'm buying five or ten just incase, because we know the history so know what is possible, just this factor would push up the price.

People would even buy it just for a novelty or nostalgia factor to say i own a bitcoin etc

Going to be interesting where Lighting network takes things, will it's price improve if its faster and cheaper to use?

Im skeptical it will ever go below $5K in value, but I'm also skeptical it will ever go above $30K too, i think the calls to a million dollars are even more crazy than the calls to zero.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 at 7:16pm

Good luck cobber.

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 at 7:47pm

How is that Blindboy?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 at 9:15pm

Another interesting read "perth mint getting into crypto"?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-24/cryptocurrency-backed-by-gold-b...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 at 9:21pm

Also interesting read Brisbane airport introducing cryptocurrency as payment option (not just Bitcoin) http://newsroom.bne.com.au/brisbane-airport-and-travelbybit-launch-world...

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Thursday, 25 Jan 2018 at 9:21pm

Also prominent UK doctors and London hospitals. Medicalchain

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Friday, 26 Jan 2018 at 7:01am
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Friday, 26 Jan 2018 at 7:15am

Look at Mondeo - anonymous

For value, Ethereum may eventually become a global supercomputer well kinda, it has a way of getting money INTO the system to get something of VALUE out of it.

Again as stated before can be replicated, its true value as it stands for cryptos is that people have put money in. At least if it is backed by physical gold not 'paper' gold you have a value that can be 'cashed in' or grab your bullion on the next run. (if there is one)

Look at last months AUD chart from my time of posting about it...
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=AUD&to=USD&view=1M

Topsy's picture
Topsy's picture
Topsy Friday, 26 Jan 2018 at 6:19pm

https://www.coindesk.com/why-a-39-million-ico-chose-stellar-over-ethereum/
I dont agree with the way they describe ether in this article,but am thinking seriously about getting some XLM

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Jan 2018 at 6:26pm

"We look at ethereum like AOL or Myspace."

What do they view Bitcoin as then?..............pre internet, blue screen with simple block text?

Topsy's picture
Topsy's picture
Topsy Friday, 26 Jan 2018 at 6:27pm

@indo dreaming I have watched a couple of cryptocurrency australias videos and I like him. I took his advice and bought some blockcat and it has done pretty well, his research on that particular project was very good. I like finding people who do good research, it saves heaps of time

Topsy's picture
Topsy's picture
Topsy Friday, 26 Jan 2018 at 7:03pm

@indo dreaming yeah, thats the bit I did not like or agree with. What has captured my interest is that XLM seems to have more traction than other platforms, at this point, as an alternative blockchain to ethereum. Just looking to hedge a bit. If XLM takes off it could be a huge return for a smallish investment. That said I still like cardano more but I already have a good amount of that.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Jan 2018 at 7:28pm

Going to be interesting if this futures thing tomorrow changes Bitcoins patterns, i think it really needs to dip to 8K before it can bounce back past 12K

Topsy's picture
Topsy's picture
Topsy Saturday, 27 Jan 2018 at 6:31pm

The last 3 ether, or ether based transactions that I have made have been lightning fast, I’m talking confirmed in seconds. Have been paying a similar price to recent transactions, so that still needs to drop back quite a bit but an encouraging development none the less.

Topsy's picture
Topsy's picture
Topsy Saturday, 27 Jan 2018 at 6:36pm

Looks like storiqa are going to hit their hardcap, only 670k to go. Did anyone else go in?

Topsy's picture
Topsy's picture
Topsy Saturday, 27 Jan 2018 at 6:42pm

Wepower investment cap set at 0.2 ether, wtf, not sure if it is worth waiting up for but I probably will.

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Saturday, 27 Jan 2018 at 8:32pm

That's just for the first 5 hrs Topsy. Go for Gold after that like everyone else will be doing. My major concern is the limited release of the total number of coins. Massive difference in tokens release to max coin amount. Dilution.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Saturday, 27 Jan 2018 at 8:47pm

Crypto coin pump notifier from google store, for day trading pump and dumps

Topsy's picture
Topsy's picture
Topsy Saturday, 27 Jan 2018 at 10:08pm

@domweather gotta give it a go after the 5 hours but it will be a shitfight. 50K whitelist is way too big. Best chance will be if they dont put a gwei limit in place so it can be set very high. That way you pay a higher price for the transaction and get mined before everyone else. I will be checking on this and will post when I know. If anyone does not know how to do this let me know and I will post instructions here. (It involves modifying the source code of mew so the gwei slider goes to 200 or 500 or whatever instead of 60) If they do set a gwei limit and you go above it the transaction will fail so we need to check first.
I think most of the tokens, the ones sold to vc’s in the presale, are locked for 12 months

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 28 Jan 2018 at 1:04pm

Coincheck Hacked -$660 million Crypto theft !

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 28 Jan 2018 at 2:56pm

I was just reading about that, technically you shouldn't leave your cryptos on the exchange, looks like they might have a little luck though.

https://steemit.com/hack/@dmilliz/coincheck-to-reimburse-clients-who-los...

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Sunday, 28 Jan 2018 at 11:23pm

Gents. Any thoughts on Budbo?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 10:04am

Donweather - Botanix !!!!!!!

Yesssssss !!

I don’t know who should be happier .....us or the millions of people hating their lives due to acne.

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 12:16pm

Yeah saw that this morning Blowin. I've almost quadrupled my money on BOT. Again I'm now in free spin territory.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 12:26pm

Fingers crossed , Don.

This could be just the start of something crazy.

Not a bad start though !

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 1:31pm

I read some very interesting articles on the whole pot stock situation in Canada over the weekend. Not willing to disclose it here.....but lets just say I have always liked more the medicinal MJ stocks as opposed to the recreational MJ stocks. MJ and Pharma is where it's at I believe

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 2:32pm

I’ve been listening Blowin. I really liked your argument for the pot stocks growth a month ago, and I agree DW pharma is the corner of the market to get into. Nice little trading graph there for BOT on the asx. Blowin is this your ace, which others do you like? I’ve got some money to invest soon I’m keen on this.

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 2:44pm

CPH should be the next one to start to rise IMO

They had a little late flurry late last year but have pegged back since then.

Very volatile mind you, compared to BOT

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 2:45pm

You've then got MMJ, MXC and ZLD....but I've never liked these as much as the ones above.....but have bought in nonetheless. These appear even more volatile and less responsive to good news about their stocks.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 4:17pm

Yeah Don, CPH was the company that I bought my first shares in and the company that I was following as I drove across Oz in the post I wrote earlier in this thread ( 2/12/17 ). Got in , got out , then got back in.

I picked those companies on the strength of their boards/ management. Growing the pot is the easy bit . It’s how you place yourself in the market that counts.

The pot industry is going to go nuts worldwide once USA legalises it federally.

The amount of applications that we could have been utilising it in for years but didn’t due to it’s ridiculous illegality is radical . The diversity , efficacy and safety is mind blowing.

And it’s not just the fact that we’ve been denied the advancement of marijuana in its multitude of applications , it’s the fact that we’ve had to endure the shitty , dangerous and expensive substitutes merely in order to prop up existing business and the hollow morality of prohibition.

the chase's picture
the chase's picture
the chase Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 5:34pm

I think the can group is a good buy.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 6:39pm

Im guessing you guys are talking stocks/shares now?

You know stocks and shares don't appeal to me at all, don't know it just seems all to suits and ties and big wigs etc

I think I'm attracted to crypto not just for the money and high returns, but i think i enjoy the buzz of the risk and the big ups and downs in price, and feeling it's new and almost anti establishment.

Topsy's picture
Topsy's picture
Topsy Thursday, 1 Feb 2018 at 6:36pm

Looks like the wepower gas war is on after 5 hours. They imply that there will not be a gwei limit after 5 hours without saying it. I will be checking again and asking questions soon and will post here if anything changes.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 2 Feb 2018 at 5:51pm

Can we call this a crash yet?

Bitcoin= $8,600.00 USD on Binance

No going to check my balance, could be going into the red about now? but I'm not withdrawing anything if it goes to $100 well so be it, I'm up for the the roller coast ride. :D

the chase's picture
the chase's picture
the chase Friday, 2 Feb 2018 at 9:51pm

Weak heads just hold if you believe in the technology behind what you brought and buy more if you got the funds great specials this is when the smart money starts flowing in.

SA Wetdog's picture
SA Wetdog's picture
SA Wetdog Saturday, 3 Feb 2018 at 10:45am

I got into pot stocks on the 2nd of Jan bought cph, mmj and ac8 then the government announcement came a day or 2 later and they all went up, ac8 doubled. I have sold mmj (I don't like the lack of information or company direction the management are giving) and sold cph to top up on ac8. I really think ac8 will be a huge player in time. Have also just bought some medlab, they are about to start trials treating cancer patients in Sydney with there "world first medical marijuana treatment". I also have wattle health, a baby formula company just starting out that will be certified to sell in China soon. On the other hand has anyone invested in lithium? Lepidico is one to look at!

SA Wetdog's picture
SA Wetdog's picture
SA Wetdog Saturday, 3 Feb 2018 at 11:07am

!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 3 Feb 2018 at 12:48pm

I know you will probably ignore this indo but I would sell now while there is still any value to be had. Governments are lining up to shut the trade down and judging by the speed of the drop some of the big holders have dumped their stock and many commentators are calling for zero as the end point of the crash.