thought this was preety COOL >>>

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish started the topic in Sunday, 2 Mar 2014 at 9:58pm

some familiar faces towards the end, zayv raisin' the arm, even ol' one eye, 'n BoB Mc. but mainly rasta man, surfin' with over 30 years of moves.

enjoy,

hey, wasn't it a sweet weekend. :0

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Sunday, 2 Mar 2014 at 10:00pm

Bump.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 2 Mar 2014 at 10:10pm

Not so keen on the toon but worth the price of admission just for that cutty at the end. Style belies power.

A sweet weekend? Sitting here on the Goldy, two days into a trip and I've had enough. Heat, humidity and crowds bring out the misanthrope in me.

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Sunday, 2 Mar 2014 at 11:36pm

stu, toughen up princess. Lil' bit o sweat, n, humidty won't kill ya, will actually make ya healthy, drink lotsa clean water n detox man. Crowds ? head down to Wommin or Fagotinis. Sweet open ocean.

purrrrfect down 'ere...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 3 Mar 2014 at 7:24am

It's me Oirish blood, Sid. Runs too thick for this climate, makes we wanna do...nasty things. Surfed Wommin on Saturday, 3-4 foot and just two of us out. A temporary reprieve. Got up at 4:30 this morning, ran through Coolangatta, out to the tip of Snapper thinking I'd have it to myself, or at least have it uncrowded. Wrong. Could see dots running down each beach track in the weak light. And out by the keyhole a horde of surfers moving in unison like a battalion of the People's Army. Arms swinging, hips gyrating, each move done with intent. Just to limber up and surf 2 foot Snapper?

The wind was also up early and snaring a wave was hard. I drifted down the bank and got a few. Watched a guy on a short, black-railed board get barrelled just outside of Greenmount and hoot himself when he came out. Flicked off near me and I said something about the wave of the day. "Birthday barrell!" he said back so I wished him all the best. We both smiled and that's enough to hold the dark thoughts at bay a while.