indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming started the topic in Saturday, 15 Apr 2023 at 1:16pm

What you need to see

What the BBC want you to only see.

And everything

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 15 Apr 2023 at 1:22pm

Well its been roughly 6 months now since Elon bought twitter(27 Oct 22) and while it's been an eventful ride and far from smooth, twitters still not dead yet, so about time he got his own thread.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Saturday, 15 Apr 2023 at 11:09pm

+ Tesla share price fully recovered after Dec-ish slump, production capacity well ahead of the competition, strong financial results. Space X, Starlink, + more…People make some money in life and buy themselves fancy cars, clothes, watches…This guy bought himself Twitter. He can do whatever he wants with it. Love him or hate him it’s fucking impressive.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 16 Apr 2023 at 8:12am

The body language break down was interesting

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Monday, 17 Apr 2023 at 12:18pm

BBC is quite expert on misinformation:

https://johnpilger.com/articles/war-by-media-and-the-triumph-of-propaganda

and with the script already written deep in the bowels of MI6, a bit rusty / lazy on research and interview techniques.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 3:03pm

Like him or not, Elon is a visionary and a polarising figure…

Not sure tucker is a visionary. Certainly polarising tho… seems to want to explore and tackle subjects and influential personalities - and pose questions that go beyond the run of the mill narratives.

Are good ideas always compatible and functional with good intent ? ;)

- Everything works in theory…

https://m.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 11:01am

4-CCA4-BA5-C5-E4-4829-B66-C-43339-E409-A8-E

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 1:22pm

The SpaceX Rocket blowing up is no surprise, i remember in his podcast i think maybe with Joe Rogan, he says his method for his rockets is to just build them almost expecting them to blow up, then learns from the mistakes, does it again blows up another one, learns more, until he gets it right, i think he said he expects to blow up quite a few before he gets it right

I remember thinking fark thats kind of insane but also in another way makes a lot of sense a practical way to fast track things, but i guess you can do that kind of thing when you have the money he does.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 4:32pm

Apparently the rocket performed well (considering it was blasted by masses of debris) but the launch pad of concrete disintegrated due to the force and lack of a flame diverter spraying debris possibly destroying a few engines, wrecking on ground infrastructure and tilting the launch path.

The massive dust cloud was not normal A huge hole was dug by the force.

Cost cutting? Restraints due to high water table? Elon's random streak (oops, I seem to have bought that damn twitter thingo )?.

The launch could have been much worse. On ground explosion or tilted rocket shooting off destroying some local town were possible outcomes given the launch pad destruction.

Hard to fix base apparently - on marshland.

Elon is an extreme risk taker....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 5:30pm

Interesting

You would actually think that if you had the money it wouldnt be that hard to build a rocket to get into space, considerinhg USA and Russia were doing it 60 years ago and even walked on the moon over 50 years ago

Its crazy when you think about it how far ahead they (Nasa or whatever) must have been at that stage.

Makes you think that those UFO type things reported by military pilot's really could be very high tech military USA drones.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 6:03pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 6:40pm

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 7:44pm

That Westall sighting is certainly hard to discredit.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 7:54pm

Yeh, something definitely happened. Lotsa people saw something. But some of the eyewitness accounts of it landing and stuff are just kiddy hysteria imaginings.
Occam's razor.. I guess probably some military thing, a US base was the closest thing to it, and un-labelled military turned up within minutes...testing some sorta thing. I used to think maybe it was a projection, testing whether they could fool an enemy. Cool mystery : )
(one teacher took photos, and had her camera taken by an army guy)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 8:00pm

Wonder if the film was processed? If there are photos locked away?

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 8:08pm

Yeh, it's a full thing. Someone here probably knows someone who knows someone who was there..
Archives were stolen, news was fed a compulsory weather balloon story, army planes flew over (pilots can't be found), kids were told collectively nothing happened, adults were told to be silent about it.. unless it was the greatest case of mass hysteria ever.. dunno.
There's a good doco about it (Westall '66: a suburban ufo story - looks like it might be on apple tv) and it makes you feel for the people who were kids at the time. They don't really care what it was, just want it acknowledged it was something..
...anyway, sorry to distract from the elon thread..

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 23 Apr 2023 at 10:17pm

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Monday, 24 Apr 2023 at 9:23am
thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 24 Apr 2023 at 4:45pm

Net increase in Twitter Blue subscriptions since the cut-off last Friday is.......

https://www.mi-3.com.au/24-04-2023/twitters-blue-ticks-flip-bird-subscri...

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Monday, 24 Apr 2023 at 5:11pm

Twitter is an awful platform. I still don’t understand why would Elon get involved in something like that. I don’t see it ever making money.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 24 Apr 2023 at 6:11pm

@flollo , what don’t you like so much about Twitter ? I find it really interesting with a wide variety of topics locally and from around the world . It certainly does have a huge amount of nutcases and such but it’s pretty easy to navigate around that . I only follow about 140 people and very occasionally add to that amount . It’s funny having people copy and paste what trumps saying on his platform , he’s getting more and more out there. Understand you not liking it just curious what exactly it is you don’t like .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 24 Apr 2023 at 6:37pm
flollo wrote:

Twitter is an awful platform. I still don’t understand why would Elon get involved in something like that. I don’t see it ever making money.

Elon has admitted many times he is addicted to twitter, i really think he bought it because he loves it so much and wanted to make it what he believes it should be, probably like if Kelly was one of the richest people in the world, he would probably buy the WSL and keep on competing.

I personally dont get into it either, but i havent really tried and dont want to get addicted to it anyway.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 24 Apr 2023 at 7:15pm

Trump is really peddling this stuff and no doubt his supporters believe him .

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Monday, 24 Apr 2023 at 8:10pm

hooleee f'n whaa.....

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023 at 9:33am

Watched a video of a guy walking around the Space X launch site. Concrete debris everywhere. Chunks thrown hundreds of metres.

Damaged infrastructure like post cyclone or earthquake. Employees wandering aimlessly daunted by the the damage and no idea where to start to fix it.

Major set back to both bread and butter satellite launches and Moon and Mars ambitions.

Biggest rocket ever with thin launch pad and no flame diverter.

Foreseeable.

carpetman's picture
carpetman's picture
carpetman Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023 at 10:33am

The Boca Chica launch site is for exclusive use of starship. So no impact to satellite launches.

From my reading they had proposed pad protection infrastructure but that would mean delaying the launch a number of months.

They’re not in the storage solutions business. If the rockets are ready they send them up.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023 at 11:02am

Ok. One less worry for Elon's big brain.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023 at 6:59pm
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023 at 11:55pm

… from Elon’s big brain ;)

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/hQSevuaOf6M

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 12 May 2023 at 4:30pm

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 12 May 2023 at 8:50pm

;)

https://m.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 13 May 2023 at 5:30am

https://www.theverge.com/2023/5/12/23721107/twitter-ceo-linda-yaccarino-.... Twitter’s new CEO is Linda Yaccarino, a longtime ad exec for NBCU / Linda Yaccarino previously worked as the chairman of global advertising and partnerships at NBCUniversal.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 15 May 2023 at 6:30pm

https://www.theverge.com/2023/5/12/23721106/tesla-china-recall-regen-bra... Tesla forced to ‘recall’ 1.1 million vehicles in China to address braking problems

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Monday, 15 May 2023 at 6:39pm

Only a software update from play store i think

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 15 May 2023 at 6:47pm

It’s not unusual for car manufacturers to have recalls that can be fixed with a computer update . 1.1 million is a large number though. I find it weird that they don’t discover these glitches until after they have released millions of cars .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023 at 11:06am

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 20 Sep 2023 at 5:08am

Elon Musk: Social media platform X, formerly Twitter, could go behind paywall https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-66850821?fbclid=IwAR2vHMcCWreyMj4U9S...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 20 Sep 2023 at 8:18am

I love Elon but i don't know, it now really does seem like he is trying to destroy twitter.

Much of the early thing's made sense cutting staff and cost, making it a fairer platform for all users etc but then IMHO he should have let it settle and made slow change.

But this rebrand as X to me isnt a good move and neither is this move.

But fk who am i to say how to run a big business like that.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Wednesday, 20 Sep 2023 at 10:11am

That’s never stopped you before, Indo. Carry on..

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 20 Sep 2023 at 12:24pm
blackers wrote:

That’s never stopped you before, Indo. Carry on..

Where have i told or suggested how others run their business?

Ive only pointed out that his business moves early, cutting cost and diversifying income streams made sense.

This is the first time ive said, that to me it doesn't seem a good business move.