Idea for Swellnet

OllieB's picture
OllieB started the topic in Monday, 25 Sep 2017 at 5:00pm

How about a buy/sell second-hand surfboard section of the website?

Improve personal trust rating by successful sales/purchases

Being a surfer, I know I'm always on the lookout.

Thoughts?

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 1:38pm

'ignore'

Major doozie alert!!!

Troll alert!!!

More bullshit!!! Stop 'trying' to stop bullshitting, just stop bullshitting!!! How hard is it for you to stop bullshitting!!!

A new idea, in a womens day or week!!!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 1:43pm

You are a 68 year old man.

Listen to yourself.

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 1:46pm

'ignore'

Endless doozie alert!!!

'Willfull ignorance' stage 3

You are a proven, rampant, major bullshit artist!!! Keep trying!!!

tworules's picture
tworules's picture
tworules Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 1:51pm

what about a shirtless boat trip ------stu

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 1:54pm

I've noticed a fair bit of censorship on here in recent days. Not self-censorship, or self-omission - as has been the case in the past for some of our commenters - or even substantial self-editing to change the content of posts (which I personally believe is poor form), but direct censorship. The stuff I saw didn't strike me as particularly worthy of this, but then I'm not a moderator and this site is not my actual business concern.

If things are deemed harmful to business for whatever reason, through emailed complaints, threatened or actual subscription drop-offs etc, then so be it.

I don't believe this would be the intention of any of the commenters on here, but again, this is a going concern, so I can assume we can all understand this, if not totally agree in what does or doesn't qualify for redaction?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 1:57pm

@ thermalben...please please please give me the ignore button now so i can block that complete and utter wanker Herc.

Im sure there must be some add on or software maybe there is some option already in the platform you already have, please just check tonight incase its just a simple click of some boxes or something.

Herc i really don't want to go over all this again and its not the place for it, but all your knowledge on indigenous issues means nothing to my opinion that it's ridiculous that you can identify as an ethnicity/race when the majority of your bloodline is something other.

You don't have anything scientific to back you up while i do family history, DNA bloodline.

Somebody can identify as an apple if they like, but it doesn't mean i have to accept they are an apple because i know they are not.

They have done studies where they check out peoples DNA and find they have DNA from all kinds of places, if i did the DNA test thing and found out i have DNA going back to Africa (of which we all probably do anyway) personally i think it would be ridiculous for me to then be able to identify as an African.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 1:57pm

Talking-shat-dale enters the fray.

Always lurking.

Pepsi bottle...coca cola glass... I don't give a damn

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 1:58pm

A definition of 'wilful ignorance':

Wilful ignorance is the state and practice of ignoring any sensory input that appears to contradict one's inner model of reality.

Wilful ignorance differs from ordinary “ignorance“ — when someone is simply unaware of something — in that wilfully ignorant people are fully aware of facts, resources and sources, but refuse to acknowledge them. Indeed, calling someone "ignorant" shouldn’t really be a pejorative, but intentional and wilful ignorance is an entirely different matter.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 1:59pm

Causes and treatment of 'wilful ignorance':

Readers should be aware that wilful ignorance is a mechanism that actually protects the brain from becoming unable to function in situations that it just can’t handle.

An individual can never accept its whole own reality being meaningless or making no sense, as that would make it impossible to act towards any goal. Forcing an individual into such a state has psychologically been found to be comparable to the death of the higher developed parts of the brain from an outside perspective.

This means that the morally right way to treat such individuals is not to look down upon, ridicule or attack them, but to help them to be able to accept reality again.

This is most easily accomplished by offering a way to transition without having to give up their own pride and sense of reality, by starting out with the individual's own model of reality, and then slowly walking the way towards actual observed reality by fitting every piece inside of it in a sensible fashion that offers improved abilities to predict the future (which should not be hard, since that is by definition guaranteed).

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:07pm

That sounds like an awfully long way to say that you believe your opinion - as opposed to facts - is correct and if someone refuses to agree then attempt to cow them through insult .

If that fails then condescension and patronisation should do the trick.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:11pm

To me people that call others "wilful ignorant" are just arrogant in thinking their view is right, but others view are wrong.

It's a looking down kind of thing and is common among people who are well educated in a academic sense, learning from a book or someone else is great, but its secondhand information and often based on others opinions or experience.

To me real life experience counts for much more, and personally i try to stick to the topics where i have some real life experience, but this isn't always possible and this is a forum and we all have an opinion and often share it, plus many of these topics there often is no right or wrong and even so called experts disagree.

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:15pm

'I've noticed a fair bit of censorship on here in recent days. Not self-censorship, or self-omission - as has been the case in the past for some of our commenters - or even substantial self-editing to change the content of posts (which I personally believe is poor form)'

One of blownit's constant, favourite techniques, to hide his fuckups, and melt downs, or to try and present himself in a better light after his fuckups and melt downs. Trolls utilize this technique often.

But I like it!

You can stop bullshitting blowie, mate. I know you can... mate, just one day at a time! Just don't answer, just do it... you can do it... mate... baby steps mate!!!

You too dutcher!!! Baby steps mate!! Start by peering out between benner and stupes legs, just one eye a at time... mate!!! No rush, shoot straight back in between em, and have another go tomorrow!!! Mate!!! One eye at a time... mate!!!

blownit and dutchie, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM BABY STEPS!!!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:19pm

I really can't believe this Guy is 68? (old enough to be my father)

I honestly would have thought it was a 17 year old kid.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:19pm

The stupidity of the argument is that Shatner threw the word wilful ignorance out there and then commented on it again under his alter-ego, Dale-Cooper.

Wilfully ignorant? Tactically stupid? Which of those would you call living a fantasy life through multiple pseudonyms in an online forum. It's mental.

Acting like a wise old professor guiding the conversation pulling the strings its a fucking joke.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:23pm

I do agree Gaz maybe I'm wrong but it does seem Shanter, Turkey, Dale-Cooper could just be one or two people.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:27pm

It seems highly likely indo.

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:33pm

Baby step kiddiess!!! Mates!!! You's can do it!!! Mates!!! Carefull now!!! That's enough for today, scurry on back between stupo and benno's legs now! Hold on tight!!!

GOOOOOOOOO TEAM BABY STEPS!!!

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:35pm

Feck me Indo, you reckon 17.......................my 7 year old has more intelligence.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:38pm

"That sounds like an awfully long way to say that you believe your opinion - as opposed to facts - is correct and if someone refuses to agree then attempt to cow them through insult ."

1st, 2nd, & 3rd sentences of my previous post:

Wilful ignorance is the state and practice of ignoring any sensory input that appears to contradict one's inner model of reality.

Wilful ignorance differs from ordinary “ignorance“ — when someone is simply unaware of something — in that wilfully ignorant people are fully aware of facts, resources and sources, but refuse to acknowledge them. Indeed, calling someone "ignorant" shouldn’t really be a pejorative, but intentional and wilful ignorance is an entirely different matter.

Tactical stupidity? Interesting.

Gary, checked the definition of 'psychological projection' from the same site? You'll appreciate the 5th paragraph.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:43pm

"The owls are not what they seem?"

Any complaints, email...I guess?

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:58pm

Just been googling split personality's talking-shat to try and get inside the mind of a catfish mastermind like yourself.

Can you answer me this, do you experience time lapses? Memory troubles?

Wikipedia says about catfish/ Dissociative identity disorder/ split personalities:

"Around half of people with DID have less than 10 identities and most have less than 100; as many as 4,500 have been reported. The average number of identities has increased over the past few decades, from two or three to now an average of approximately 16. However, it is unclear whether this is due to an actual increase in identities, or simply that the psychiatric community has become more accepting of a high number of compartmentalized memory components. The primary identity, which often has the patient's given name, tends to be "passive, dependent, guilty and depressed" with other personalities being more active, aggressive or hostile, and often containing a current time line that lacks childhood memory."

So tell me here Turkey/Shat/Cooper which is which in the passive, dependent, guilty or depressed persona department? I reckon we could probably decipher them if we had a look back through your comments.

Between the users of this forum and google I actually think we could fix you mate! You'd be free! The tyranny of the voices whispering in your ear would be long gone!

What do you say, comrade?

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 2:59pm

On a side note, this place has gone to the dogs.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 3:08pm

When people get on here, get political, but then ostracise people on the same side of politics as themselves then you know they're doing it all wrong.

If persuasion is your game you'd be better off staying silent.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 3:16pm

It's absolutely fucked , Gaz.

Today was cool till the clown rocked up in his little car.

Talking about sharks , surf slang , fishing , surfing , Indo misfortunes.....then this shit.

It's a drag .

And it's hard to get away from.

Go back and check it out if you can stomach it.

All good , all good , then.....insanity.

Not even funny , interesting , well mannered insanity.

Just bitter , weird and juvenile crazy.

I'm so over it.

68 years old....he's going to graduate to adult nappies straight from huggies.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 3:14pm

Call a troll a troll.

Talking-shat does exactly that.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 3:20pm

Whats the point of it all?

Some people just want to watch the place burn.

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 3:29pm

All the herc haters need to chill out and take it all with a grain of salt
Have a laugh
This is the interweb not real life
Sure I might think he's a goat blower too but you never know in REAL life he might be OK, perhaps just a little bit of early onset dementia.
Cheer up everybody crack a cold one and have a laugh
Life's too short to care too deeply about interwebby stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 3:35pm

Yeah , I've tried that NZ and it still works a lot.

Wait till he's talking his shit about you specifically all the time.

Then it's a little less "ha ha "and a bit more " you strange old cunt".

You're right though, he may be ok in real life.

But only if you knew him superficially . Beyond that he'd be that fella you see when you pull up to the beach car park that makes you slam it into reverse....cause he is I N S A N E.

You could be right about that beer too....

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 4:29pm

Oh dear me.

What was that quaint term again?

"Butthurt"?

Thanks IDreaming...or was it Blowfish...? Catfish...? Gary the accountant?

"When people get on here, get political, but then ostracise people on the same side of politics as themselves then you know they're doing it all wrong."

Who is/was that?

Who's who in that zoo?

You may be right though, Stu:

"If persuasion is your game you'd be better off staying silent."

Whatever your game.

Club Silencio!

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 4:30pm

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture

...?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 4:43pm

I "like" Dale-Cooper's 1.58pm definition of "wilfully ignorant".

Its noted how aggrieved some are feeling here about be called out, perhaps poorly, while seemingly being blissfully ignorant of the impact of their words in previous posts. Forum history cannot be rewritten so easily I'm afraid. Words matter and should be used with care especially so when discussing topics known to incite a strong response.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:02pm

You're getting cryptic.

Maybe provide an example of this willful ignorance.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:02pm

I think it seems easy to post as different users, you can even consciously make differences like addressing people differently for example shanter calls me Indy, Dale calls me IDreaming.

But it's really hard to not change writing styles, or words used, the way a post is organised, spelling, grammar etc even just little things like this ...

I mean i could never do it, my spelling grammar and sentences construction is terrible, and i constantly need to edit my post after I've posted as leave out words etc id get caught out the first week.

If i could put money on it, id throw a $100 for a trifecta Dale=Shanter=Turkey

Don't believe me go back and look over and compare all their post.

I use to only think maybe Shanter=Turkey but i really can't help thinking he is also Dale which if I'm right is kind of weird.

Or maybe I'm just wrong and they are very similar in character and writing style etc

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:07pm

Beyond that he'd be that fella you see when you pull up to the beach car park that makes you slam it into reverse....cause he is I N S A N E.

Hey stuper and benno, Ive been fully scoping this married chick out, and I want to smash into her because she's wearing one of those head thingo's, so I can check out her husband's reaction! Can you make that not a fucked up, brain dead, sicko thing to do please!!!

Hey stuper and benno, I was surfing this fucked up wave all day, and a local paddled out, so I went red mist psycho, and 'That was when the madness set in. I looked at the blue sky and the white sand and realty, or unreality, set in. I started to blather, i could not tell you for certain what i was saying but it was lost mans dribble' and then, 'I was standing over Loud Mouth's form bellowing that he was an imposter king presiding over a weak, gay wave, raising my fist for another blow when i realised my hand was broken . Then i heard a lady screaming and i was back in my head, concious of what i'd done , aware of where i was.
Loud Mouth was not cowering , but all fight had left the man. He was submissive but i was not gracious. Thank fuck i did not have a gun cause if i did i would have shot the cunt. The only thing that stopped me from kicking him till he twitched was some chick throwing herself over his prostrate form.
I looked up to see four hundred sets of eyes willing me in gaol. I walked towards the path that led to the carpark, unrepentent, as i approached my car a smiling mother said to her young son "look at that mans face honey! " , i stared at her and tried to fathom what type of person would be so insensitive to anothers situation.Then i told her to "shut the fuck up , mole," and walked to my car.' Can you guys make that all ok, and not a fucked up, brain dead, sicko thing to do please?

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:12pm

Whats more wilfully ignorant than posting about the same topic under multiple names in the same thread, and agreeing with yourself?

Going back through old threads now it just looks psychotic.

If you're gonna have an opinion talking-shat there's no need to bring in a fake cheer squad to back it up. Grow some cojones son it's an anonymous forum you don't need all these imaginary friends to hold your hand!

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:16pm

'Whats more wilfully ignorant than posting about the same topic under multiple names in the same thread, and agreeing with yourself?'

Ignoring the above sicko, brain dead behaviour to save face. Unless you would do and are planning the same?

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:30pm

@indo if I were a bookie I'd be paying out about $1.05 on that bet.

Step into the time machine and read pages 65-67 on whats whats. Dale-cooper bitching about EBA's, Turkey and Shatner laughing away like old salts its an embarrassment. All the same damn person. One big circle wank.

Herc I'm not even entirely sure what that means, but I can assure you I don't make up multiple pseudonyms to bait people in forums all day long.

Who on earth has the time, besides talking-shat?

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:32pm

Sharp as bowling balls...

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:32pm

And dumb as a bag of fucking hammers...

How fucking long??

Fuck sake.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:33pm

OMG

Amasing!

LOL

Gary the forensic accountant!!??

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:34pm

And watch your language!

Or we'll all get banned...again!

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:36pm

Shit. Am I getting messaged again?

No. No. Nooooooooooooooooo!

*click*

THE END

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:37pm

I always thought Shaun and Morris were good value.
Don't spend time reading the political threads here so I haven't read much of Shat's and co.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:46pm

...resisted this for a while but the crap can only continue to a point. Reluctance to intervene can be summed up in one statement: you're grown fucken men.

Yet here we are.

So Herc, anymore stalking of commenters, targeting people off topic etc, and you get banned. Feel free to come back with a juvenile response - please, be my guest.

Shatner, same goes. There was a time, only a few months back, when you brought some entertaining and enlightening stuff to the table, but that all seemingly ended in one post and it's been fire and brimstone ever since. I don't know what's going on in your life to cause that, I hope it's nothing serious, but please keep it away from here.

TT, stop raising Cain. When you're pissing off people on the same side of politics you need a new MO.

Lastly, this is a surfing website. Laugh at that twee comment all you want but if you can't step back once in a while and share a story or maybe just laugh at yourself then start looking for another online home. Last I counted there were 1,359,098 forums on the 'net. Surely one of them will share every single one of your views and reflect them back at you. Go find it.

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:46pm

Well if he is 68 then it's amazing he actually can use technology
He is pretty good at making friends on this site

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 5:47pm

ha ha right on cue.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 6:08pm

Wow, R U OK, SB?

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 10:40pm

I'll let you know Sunday morning.

Actually, no I won't, 'cos I'm going to Indo after that. If Agung doesn't go too wild.

And then I think my subscription runs out.

See youse.