Idea for Swellnet

OllieB's picture
OllieB started the topic in Monday, 25 Sep 2017 at 5:00pm

How about a buy/sell second-hand surfboard section of the website?

Improve personal trust rating by successful sales/purchases

Being a surfer, I know I'm always on the lookout.

Thoughts?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 6:44pm

Sorry, I don't wanna be James Brown or Johnny Farnham (more like) here...

BUT...

what happened to my signature, fellas??

'Cos I never removed it?!

Well...?

Please explain.

(Alex Jones be damned!)

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 7:02pm

'So Herc, anymore stalking of commenters, targeting people off topic etc, and you get banned. Feel free to come back with a juvenile response - please, be my guest.'

OMG!

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 7:25pm

'And share a story'

I've got some good stories about twin fins in heavy barrels and stuff. And there was this Richo guy... plus, there's some good vids. Craike and co got pitted off their heads on some old twinnies...

crg's picture
crg's picture
crg Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 8:36pm

I vaguely recall this thread started as a request for a second hand board market...so if anyone has either an AB or Murray Bourton shaped 6 channel single fin for sale let me know...cheers!

As you were protagonists...

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 9:39pm

'I vaguely recall this thread started as a request for a second hand board market'

Yeh!!! Bloody hell!!! Who started all that juvenile, needy, and totally off topic, stalking me stuff!!! And, why pick on this purely surfing thread to derail and troll!!

Against the tide, I'll try... no, no, I will bring it back on topic too!!! Stuff the off topic trolls!!! The Murray Bourton facebook page has some interesting looking boards, deals, bargain prices.

Stuff the trolls!!!

lukas's picture
lukas's picture
lukas Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 11:37pm

well, well, well.............just another 3 very dry holes in the ground........... yep some pick here, i pick there, then we all go pick, pick, pick. most of us will then, think about it all........ & go .... hang on a second,.... who are you ? & who the fuck am i ? most of us will come to the same conclusion. we are all just surfers, good folk, that love the Ocean........ yes humans that will stand behind it, back it up & take the dramas on, whilst always movin forward. oh yep this little black duck is fully aware of the the people that i have upset..... but there was always, a fair reason why i decided on this particular angel. ( this won't change ). reminding us all to be real, whilst doing your best to be nice, fair & honest. to be a human that looks after, not just themselves, but Everyone & Everything around them. it really is that simple. shit, it's hard at times... to implement, but if ya have a real Australian go, other real people will look after ya. this black duck, like so many other real folk, don't intend on running away & hiding. this would be , not very nice, not really fair & fuckin dishonest. Not Australian.

lukas's picture
lukas's picture
lukas Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 11:55pm

i reckon your abit of a legend herc, don't change mate.
cheers.

lukas's picture
lukas's picture
lukas Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 12:10am

oh blowin... like in the wind... ssssshhhh

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 6:38am

Here'e an idea for Swellnet, Swellnet For Same Sex. org. You've got the infrastructure, the governments got the cash, bingo!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 8:56am

SB - we have removed dynamic signatures, and have asked our devs to disable the functionality from the website. Simply, we were getting too many email complaints from people who thought Swellnet were hacking into their computer. So I'm just removing any more potential headaches (read: extra work at my end).

The Danasoft signature widget was briefly amusing in the early 2000's (from their website: "The Danasoft sign is a fun widget that you can add to your Myspace layouts and Myspace backgrounds") - but it's a little naff these days.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 9:37am

@Ben - One idea I've seen in other forums is a time limit to edit comments. Disqus do it and also news.com

Pretty sure its usually about 6 or 7 minutes although I've got no idea how much mucking around this would be to implement.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 10:18am

a time limit to edit comments? but what if i'm on a two-week bender?

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 11:31am

You'll be able to take a stroll down memory lane once you're done then chook!

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 10:46am

Second hand boards you reckon? On topic!!! God save the topic!!!

Na, lukas, whatever, no need to change. Like I said, you honestly think these two called any shots where and when it counted? Well, they didn't. Never saw them once, never even heard of them once. What ever turns them on. Power to the people. Well, sort of. I'm fine, better than most if they're not on the regime. Be carefull who's your references!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 3:26pm

@crg,

You looking for a rider or a collector? Cos I'm selling an AB Hot Stuff soon. Six channel 5'10" Thruster.

crg's picture
crg's picture
crg Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 3:32pm

@stunet
Thanks for the reply.
I've got some thrusters already.
I'm actually after a 6 channel single fin by AB...proving to be VERY hard to find!
Cheers.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 3:53pm

Add a single finbox if they havent got glass ons ?

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 28 Sep 2017 at 5:38pm

"SB - we have removed dynamic signatures, and have asked our devs to disable the functionality from the website. Simply, we were getting too many email complaints from people who thought Swellnet were hacking into their computer. So I'm just removing any more potential headaches (read: extra work at my end).

The Danasoft signature widget was briefly amusing in the early 2000's (from their website: "The Danasoft sign is a fun widget that you can add to your Myspace layouts and Myspace backgrounds") - but it's a little naff these days."

Naff? Like Client Liason 'naff'?

Doggo, Oi Doggo, what was your thread called again? Über Alles something or other?

Roger that.

Over and out.

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Friday, 29 Sep 2017 at 11:36am

Having a time limit to edit is Crap . Writing from a small smartphone is not easy and errors can be made .
The easiest way to proof read the post is to post it then read it .
Not everyone has the ease of a screen big enough to type neatly .
Why would you Ask for that feature when its sucks ?

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Friday, 29 Sep 2017 at 12:11pm

I don't mind it but I have to admit I'm pretty shit at using my smart phone too. I correct most of my errors after I re-read the post when its up as well.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 29 Sep 2017 at 1:17pm

Same..if i didn't edit my post, people wouldn't be able to read them, but i don't have a problem with the post being locked after 10-15 minutes or whatever.

I personally don't think or see a problem with people changing post here, only really see people delete a post (to a .) , which is fair enough.

All i want is a block button.

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Saturday, 30 Sep 2017 at 11:25am

Would be more work for staff if posts locked making more requests for staff help .
to have no edit timer is the best considering all options imo .

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Friday, 29 Sep 2017 at 11:41pm

Swillnut staff members not working has been an issue for some time. Even at an early age, swillnut staff members ceased working at all. If swillnut staff members would even work a little, harden up even just a little bit, it would help things. Working staff members has even been shown to regrow hair.

Never mind, just try and sleep now quivering little swillnuts, one eye on the grimy screens, sweaty, trembling little fingers searching for magic buttons, endless, terrified emails on alert. Try and sleep, little swillnuts.

tworules's picture
tworules's picture
tworules Saturday, 30 Sep 2017 at 8:53am

apply the ointment

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 6:41pm

FWIW... i am somewhat new to SwellNet (coupla months?) and am a Seppo. (lol, i love that term.. accurate - not of ME of course, but of my country nowadays.) My first foray into a surf forum is a site in SeppoLand. You should see the hatred and venom there. It is so bad i almost had second thoughts about surfing. All a buncha cyber-localism from anonymous, ya know? SwellNet has been a bit of fresh air for me. You lot disagree and the venom surfaces at times, but this site is so much better than my previous experiences. That is why i am on here, even though i live so far away. So, thanx, SwellNet lot. Keep chattin cuz i've much to learn.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 6:54pm

Seppo is just abbreviated rhyming slang. Septic tank = yank.

Not derogatory in and of itself. Like anything it’s all about the delivery, context and intent.

Welcome aboard.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 7:01pm

And septic tank doubles down for the ones that are full of shit.