wellymon's picture
wellymon started the topic in Friday, 15 Apr 2016 at 10:28am
wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 15 Apr 2016 at 10:28am

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Friday, 15 Apr 2016 at 11:50am

Saw that earlier, some one in the comments mentioned being destroyed by the sheer beauty if nature while in the US pacific NW forests, while tripping. I get that.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Tuesday, 19 Apr 2016 at 10:33am

happy bicyle day fellow psychonauts.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Friday, 22 Apr 2016 at 10:05am

Wellymon, you might be interested in Aldous Huxley's 'Doors of Perception', experimenting with mescaline.

One of the interesting things about the brain is not just what it picks up from the external environment, but what it filters out, which is much the greater. LSD and other tripping, and the 'sense of oneness' that is commonly referenced, suggest that possibly our brains are doing the absolute least that they are capable of, and with a little chemical help can unlock vastly enhanced capabilities.

Our current conservative approach to drugs generally, borne of a largely christian desire to self-discipline and sucking it up rather than playing with a little bit of fire every now and then, means that there is almost no public research into 'thought/brain enhancement through drugs'. It could well be the future of mankind that many professions will have regular chemical enhancers for problem solving jobs, creative pursuits and much more.

I'd like my politicians to be on psychedelics. Fark knows, it couldn't lead to worse outcomes.

Do a google on DMT (dimethyltriptamine) and you will read some freaky shit there. We have absolutely no perspective to say whether the stuff going down in trips is false or reality, our current 'reality' is completely moderated by drugs, just self-created ones.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 22 Apr 2016 at 10:37am

This is wonderful.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Friday, 22 Apr 2016 at 10:50am

I believe that as we age the brain constrains its neural pathways in order to become highly efficient at tasks we undertake. some of those tasks are inherent needs related to our survival and other are tasks related to education as part of living in a society/controlled environment. we block a lot of stuff out because its irrelevant to achieving those tasks in the most efficient manner. in a way similar to what happens with your physical body whereby you get really efficient at things you do often, sometimes even at the expense/detriment of other physical movements. adaption constrains flexibility and thereby potential loss of opportunity.

used for the right reasons drugs are good. we use drugs everyday to treat illness. deciphering what beneficial and what is harmful is the tricky part and where controlled use is important.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 22 Apr 2016 at 11:28am

I don't have any philosophical problem with drugs and agree that they can help actually improve mental health in the right circumstances but there are two huge issues that need to be taken seriously. The first is the uncertainty about the nature of the substance being consumed. The option of pharmaceutical grade substances is only rarely available and anything obtained illegally has to be suspect as to its actual composition. The second is the environment in which the substance is consumed. Numerous people have thoroughly dissolved their egos by accidentally killing themselves while on hallucinogens. Combine these two factors and you have reason to be extremely cautious in your psychedelic adventures.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 22 Apr 2016 at 11:33am

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 5:39pm

Have you tried it udo ?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 5:52pm
Spuddups's picture
Spuddups's picture
Spuddups Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 7:10pm

Fark that's hilarious. (The 50s housewife LSD trip) I reckon the world would be a better place if everyone took a trip at least once in their life.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 8:07pm

Amen to that Spuddups. Certainly would help spread a bit capacity for introspection.