udo started the topic in Friday, 11 Dec 2015 at 3:36pm

Could be an interesting day ?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 11 Dec 2015 at 3:37pm

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Friday, 11 Dec 2015 at 5:14pm

I just hope Floyd , Blindly,Broccoli,Talking Turds & the rest turn up.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 11 Dec 2015 at 5:33pm

I bet you do, Nicky, ya old hombre.

Posted the event up here under your profile yet?

www.gayredneckcentral.com

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 11 Dec 2015 at 7:48pm

Can't buy a white sheet within miles of Cronulla. Sold out days ago.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Friday, 11 Dec 2015 at 7:56pm
nick3 wrote:

I just hope Floyd , Blindly,Broccoli,Talking Turds & the rest turn up.

Oh yeah? And why's that? Ya got ya posse of Shire hardmen all primed up to beat the war drums and get hectic have ya?

Fully sick mate!

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Saturday, 12 Dec 2015 at 10:03am

see you down at the.... Babakiueria

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Saturday, 12 Dec 2015 at 6:31pm

Plenty of white sheets. How was it that the anti Racist rent a crowd caused the trouble.
Blindly don't talk about Cronulla because you don't live there.
Broccoli I don't need anyone. As I am anti gang. Not like the dickheads who turned up with mask's and caused shit.

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Saturday, 12 Dec 2015 at 6:33pm

Talking turds go home and stop playing with your little weenier.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 12 Dec 2015 at 6:40pm
blindboy wrote:

Can't buy a white sheet within miles of Cronulla. Sold out days ago.

Haha BB Gold.
Probably no holes for the eyes ! That's why.......

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 12 Dec 2015 at 7:08pm

40 fucktards... Thats all there was... Just 40 odd flag draped Bogans chanting words with less than 3 syllables , words like STRAYA!!!!....

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/12/nick-folkes-barbec...

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Saturday, 12 Dec 2015 at 8:33pm
Sheepdog wrote:

40 fucktards... Thats all there was... Just 40 odd flag draped Bogans chanting words with less than 3 syllables , words like STRAYA!!!!....

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/12/nick-folkes-barbec...

So Nick3 has 39 mates. Wow. Who'd a thunk it?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 12 Dec 2015 at 9:38pm

Apparently the crackling was to die for......

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Sunday, 13 Dec 2015 at 3:24pm

Weren't the 40 Fucktards the bogans who had face coverings carrying on like gutless pea brains.
I think you find the other group were very well behaved. We in Cronulla don't want people like them causing shit that has nothing to with them as they don't live here.
Who are the brain dead retards the trouble makers or the ones having a quite barbecue.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 13 Dec 2015 at 3:47pm

Yeah the "quite" BBQ wasn't designed to stir shit at all!

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Sunday, 13 Dec 2015 at 6:58pm

Hi Broccoli that is 39 more mates then you have.
You should of come as you might have the right to say something.
Just like climate change you don't really understand the subject without looking at the physical facts.
The facts on the day was the only bigots were the rent a crowd gutless wonders.

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Sunday, 13 Dec 2015 at 7:12pm

Andy are you brain dead. Who caused the trouble?
The tool squeezers who turned up with Mask's ( now if that doesn't say fuckwit, losers trouble makers ).
So they turned up save us from the violent bogans. If they didn't turn up no problems.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 13 Dec 2015 at 7:33pm

I'll probably get smashed for this but I kind of agree with you there Nick. From what I read, the organisers complied with the court orders, they didn't break any laws and were quite within their rights to have a peaceful BBQ. The people looking for trouble were the mask wearers and proved that with their disrespect for the law and the contempt they held for the police who were just doing their job. They probably could have chosen a different date though. I think there's a lot to be said on both camps.

I think the media should be held to account. They mentioned several times 'heavily tattooed me with cut-off flannelette shirts' as if they are something to be feared. WTF? I think the media were really let down and left clutching at straws so they had to resort to this cheap journalism in the absence of anything of substance to report.

I think people have moved on since that day ten years ago and I think people are a little more circumspect as a result of this. While I don't agree with their bigotry I think there's nothing wrong with loving your country and taking pride in the values it was built on. I live in a foreign country and wouldn't dare (and couldn't anyway) impose my values on them. In fact, if I had nothing to offer I'd be booted out of here lickety-split. I have to live and work within the contraints of their system. If I don't like it then I am free to leave.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 13 Dec 2015 at 8:31pm

I watched that on the news zen and agree that the behaviour of the counter protestors was appalling and counter productive. The appropriate response to the whole issue was to ignore it. I mean a bunch of blokes gathered around a bbq making racist remarks? Sounds like an average Saturday arvo in Sydney.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 13 Dec 2015 at 9:11pm
nick3 wrote:

Andy are you brain dead. Who caused the trouble?
The tool squeezers who turned up with Mask's ( now if that doesn't say fuckwit, losers trouble makers ).
So they turned up save us from the violent bogans. If they didn't turn up no problems.

Nick if I were brain dead I'd be in Cronulla either having a non-halal barbecue or putting on a mask and making a cock of myself.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Sunday, 13 Dec 2015 at 9:40pm

Fair comment zen, I think you have got it right. Given the issue, the masked people are gutless and questionable in their actions. I suggest Nick is right, the masked buggers were not from Cronulla. Let's hope we can move on from this. It is hoped that Muslims groups also agree.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 9:01am

Here's a Muslim lady saying exactly what ive been thinking they are more scared of radical Muslims than the rest of us-
http://go.clarionproject.org/numbers-full-film/

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 7:11am
blindboy wrote:

I watched that on the news zen and agree that the behaviour of the counter protestors was appalling and counter productive. The appropriate response to the whole issue was to ignore it. I mean a bunch of blokes gathered around a bbq making racist remarks? Sounds like an average Saturday arvo in Sydney.

Totally agree BB

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 9:28am

@groudswell…after hearing the local Grand Mufti and his response to the paris attacks, one does not get the feeling that Muslims are either scared of radical Muslims or that there is a concerted effort to prevent radicalisation.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 11:04am

Got a link Tones?

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 11:35am

Anyone remember those really radical Christian groups that were trying to kill each other , for decades , they were called protestants and catholics . in Nth Ireland ?

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 12:04pm

@ylocal ... Not sure if you followed this but initially it did cause 'confusion'. http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/paris-attacks-grand-mufti-of-australia-dr-ibra...
Granted he clarified his points but a bit of a slip up. What seems to be coming out of this, is a concentrated analysis of the effects of this whole issue as opposed to the cause. Granted the effects are not good and it brings the worms out but if one analyses the cause of Cronulla then maybe it should not have been allowed to get that far. There was a lot more to this than a couple of life guards getting belted. I think that was just the match to lite the tinder. By no means is the reaction condoned nor have I have implied that.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 2:23pm

here we go again ....... nothing like sweeping generalisations of the nuff nuffs.

Tones you need to seriously reflect on your last two comments here .... Your use of the word "seems" ... its a weasel word Tones that allows you to make a grand statement as a follow on ... I don't have the grand answer, too complex for me and my pea brain but I do know we have more in common with the vast vast majority of Australians of the Muslim faith than we don't. Generalisations like your 9.28 comment are poorly informed and your 12.04 comment are only echoing comments made by some of our low life shit stained shock jocks. Thought you were better than that Tones so jump in the sea.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 2:22pm

@sharkman ... yeah a good link ... all extremes are dangerous, as someone recently said about gun violence in America, barring 9/11 more Americans have been killed by right wing extremists in the US than by terrorists by a massive factor.

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 6:14pm

You'd have to think the ladies in the links below are doing a better job of spreading the values of liberalism and freedom, than a bunch of blokes provocatively barbecuing a pig on the beach in Cronulla. Of course they've got a right to say and cook what they like, and frankly a pig on the spit sounds delicious, but bigotry ain't gonna win this battle of ideas.

It's a long journey and we're behind the efforts of the Saudis to spread Wahabism, but these chicks getting in the water in the Middle East, is the kind of thing that will get us there - quaint though it is by comparison at this stage.

http://wavesoffreedom.org/

Surfeistan 2015

Iran Surfing

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 6:17pm
nick3 wrote:

Talking turds go home and stop playing with your little weenier.

PROJECTION, thy name is (lil) Nicky.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 1:35pm

Looking at some of the females in attendance at the barbie, and what was on offer foodwise, I'm sure there's a line in there somewhere. Oi!

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 7:04pm

@benski...I trust you are suggesting we should not 'spread Wahhabism' ? Good luck to the girls....brave.

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 7:32pm

Yes of course. What I meant was that the Saudis have a solid head start in the spread of ideas through their active efforts to spread that interpretation of Islam (which I understand is a major factor in the rise of the Taliban, al Qaida and daesh). We need to counter that by spreading values of liberalism and freedom, which despite the beliefs of many are compatible with Islam.

It's my view that us fighting in the middle east won't do much more than perpetuate war and fabricate cultural divisions that don't need to be there. Education and cultural exchange is the way to go in this one I think. It will take decades to achieve and many innocent people will die along the way but ongoing bombing and war will just embed the differences and many innocent people will die that way too. Not much optimism here.

Actually, I do wonder if ironically the growth in renewable energy could pull the focus of the world away from the middle east and render the region less influential on world affairs. Thank god for climate change :-)

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 8:39pm

Ahh, Benski now that's a twist - renewables will fix the worlds problems ! Middle East is a bit off target to Cronulla but if the blokes of lakemba tried surfing (like the girls) then geez, I'm sure it would have been different. This may take more than decades. A good friend of mine son is about to marry a Muslim girl. He had to change his religion to Muslim. The Muslim family had been here in Aus for over twenty years. Very strict. Caused big divisions on both sides. Not he same as a catholic boy marrying a Jewish girl !

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Monday, 14 Dec 2015 at 9:36pm

I dunno mate I have two good mates who had to convert to Catholicism cos of their wife's religion. No one cared but one of them has to go to church every week now. Not the same cultural differences but wouldn't happen in northern Ireland!

As for renewables, tongue in cheek for sure but it will be interesting to watch as the world turns its economic attention away from the region.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 5:01am
tonybarber wrote:

@ylocal ... N. There was a lot more to this than a couple of life guards getting belted. I think that was just the match to lite the tinder. By no means is the reaction condoned nor have I have implied that.

True. I lived in Cronulla those years, mind you i was out partying in kings cross when the riots were going on but there was a strong history of Lebanese and other "Colour gangs" gangster tryhards of ethnic background coming to Cronulla to rob, stab and cause havoc in Cronulla way before the lifeguard incident. If you were alone on a train, pretty often "wogs" probably Lebanese background would try to roll you.
But ive had worse situations in Wollongong with white bogan trash.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 10:25am

what role is played by plain old localism?
the dominant beach culture in australia for many years was localism....angry locals have been beating up and chasing away non-locals -- regardless of race, creed or colour -- for decades.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 11:40am

chook wrote:

what role is played by plain old localism? the dominant beach culture in australia for many years was localism....angry locals have been beating up and chasing away non-locals -- regardless of race, creed or colour -- for decades.

Yep, bang on Chook. After the initial riots I heard a funny interview with Kathy Lette, who co-wrote Puberty Blues and was raised at Cronulla. Something along the lines of: "So some Middle Eastern boys were calling white girls sluts and whores? That's what the surfers called us for years!"

Also, as Cronulla Police said after the riots there's more violence on Saturday night at Northies then anything race related. Only it's drunken 'white on white' so it doesn't get headlines.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 1:47pm

Hang stu…re Puberty Blues, firstly not all (60s) surfers called their chics 'sluts' or 'whores'. Thats a bit of a generalisation. But as you know, there was hell of a lot more to this then punching up a couple of lifeg. Geez back in the 60s surfers and lifeguards were punching each other up mainly due to board registrations and restrictions. (BB would know about this).
On Northies, sure there were many a fight with the media right into this when the Sharkie players were involved. If you remember there were charges laid. Is that racism or alcohol ?
Where else was it where a stream of cars driving thru suburbs smashing up other cars and people and not just in Cronulla, if you remember.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 2:09pm

tonybarber wrote:

Hang stu…re Puberty Blues, firstly not all (60s) surfers called their chics 'sluts' or 'whores'. Thats a bit of a generalisation. But as you know, there was hell of a lot more to this then punching up a couple of lifeg. Geez back in the 60s surfers and lifeguards were punching each other up mainly due to board registrations and restrictions. (BB would know about this). On Northies, sure there were many a fight with the media right into this when the Sharkie players were involved. If you remember there were charges laid. Is that racism or alcohol ? Where else was it where a stream of cars driving thru suburbs smashing up other cars and people and not just in Cronulla, if you remember.

...and not all Middle Eastern youth call girls those names.

What exactly is your point?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 2:29pm

mighty fine work there stu

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 3:02pm
stunet wrote:

What exactly is your point?

Re: Tony Barber, EXACTAMUNDO

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 5:32pm

@stunet…the point was that using a teenage comment from the 60s and fights between pissed blokes at Northies was nothing like what happened at Cronulla. As you may know, there was a lot more than a few words at chics that fuelled this reaction. Granted the reaction was over the top but so also what happened just after. There is a sense that you are ignoring the initial causes of this event.
My Lebanese mechanic advises me 'never to look at second cars sold in Bankstown area'. Take that anyway you wish.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 5:45pm
stunet wrote:

Also, as Cronulla Police said after the riots there's more violence on Saturday night at Northies then anything race related. Only it's drunken 'white on white' so it doesn't get headlines.

What would be interesting to find out from the Police force is what action they have taken since then to disrupt violent Lebanese gangs in the Cronulla region.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 5:46pm

tonybarber wrote:

@stunet…the point was that using a teenage comment from the 60s and fights between pissed blokes at Northies was nothing like what happened at Cronulla. As you may know, there was a lot more than a few words at chics that fuelled this reaction. Granted the reaction was over the top but so also what happened just after. There is a sense that you are ignoring the initial causes of this event. My Lebanese mechanic advises me 'never to look at second cars sold in Bankstown area'. Take that anyway you wish.

Jeez mate...I'm from Cronulla. I know more about what went on before, during, and after the riots then anything gleaned through the media. So just what are these so-called "initial causes" you speak of? In twenty-something years of living and surfing there I didn't see anything that bad happen. I wasn't the subject of racial abuse and no-one around me was either. That's not to say it didn't happen, people have said shit went on and I guess I believe them, but things need to be kept in proportion here. 

On the other hand, what I saw at the riots was just racism looking for a higher purpose. Nothing else. And now people like you, who I gather wasn't there, nor have any experience of Cronulla beforehand, are using it to fit your own ends.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 6:20pm

@stunet…we had bad problems with the Lebanese for many months when down at Gunnamatta well prior to the life guard incident. You may have been lucky and missed it - fair enough. But we did have a car load of the Muslim blokes coming down and causing problems - simple. Truthfully, a bloke died from this. There is a perception that the Muslim blokes were purely the victims - well victims on both sides unfortunately. Yes, I was not that Cronulla at the riots but got hit elsewhere. As you know this flowed over to other suburbs.
Also, we need to remember what happened after the riot with the car load from Lakemba trashing several suburbs - it was on for young and old. If you look at this thread, no one is supporting the shit stirrers and neither am I.
Maybe this might just turn out to be a simple - rocker versus surfie duel. We have to wait and see.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 8:46pm

Did 5500 people turn out for those rocker/ surfy fights ?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 9:10pm

sometimes i think there is some other parallel universe thing happening on these forums

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 9:18pm
floyd wrote:

sometimes i think there is some other parallel universe thing happening on these forums

Damned someone noticed.

Oh well time for a reboot I guess...

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Tuesday, 15 Dec 2015 at 9:18pm

No ... A few knuckles got into it but nothing like Cronulla. Hence aiming to make a distinction between Cronulla and the 60s. Very different. But, when the car brigade from Lakemba came through - it was on for young and old.