middleton cam

oldman's picture
oldman started the topic in Monday, 20 May 2013 at 8:37am

Can we get the middleton cam back to panning as far the point.
It always used to. Just helps a little on decision making.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 20 May 2013 at 9:05am

OK, I'll add it back in. I removed it a few weeks back when the Point aspect was salted up; in the interim I've been trying some new positions (ie pulled back) but there's a pesky stobie pole in the middle of the screen as well as the power lines, which wreck the view.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 20 May 2013 at 9:20am

BTW, if you need some help with you decision making, let me assist: Middleton is still a shithouse wave.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 20 May 2013 at 9:53am

and for those from other states......a stobie pole = a power pole

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Monday, 20 May 2013 at 10:12am

Ha ha ha - spot on Ben. What was that quote from the one and only WCT contest there - 2 worst waves in the world are Middleton point and Middleton bay. Ha - so true.

It's the only place I know where a good forecast doesn't mean squat - with Yorkes/West Coast all you need is a half decent forecast and you know you will score - even with the best forecast possible Middleton is always hit and miss - it's usually at it's best when least expected....soooo reliant on the planets aligning - not only do you need a good swell but you need the right swell (peaky but powerful). Then you need the winds to be light (unless NW) and some sort of bank. Oh and also you need the right part of the tide. Then you might get a few rides on something other than a 9ft mal.

Only thing going for it is that is breaks almost every day...

oldman's picture
oldman's picture
oldman Monday, 20 May 2013 at 10:33am

yeah thanks Ben.
We all know its a weak wave, but if you cant travel its all we got.
If i can get a view past the point I can gauge whether a few spots around goolwa will be on.
After 40 years of looking at middleton you get a good idea of what else will be working better thats all.