Goofy Guts or Natural Guts?

jaffa1949's picture
jaffa1949 started the topic in Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010 at 6:32am

I was drifting through old posts on Pacific island breaks and I saw that a body boarder was tired of island with predominantly left handers, hence the question are some BBers goofy guts ( like goofy foot) prefering left handers and some natural guts.
I posted about the term backside barrel (and what that implied) here on swellnet, does forehand and backhand barrel apply?
BTW my thought on surf vehicles of all types is; they can't do anything by themselves it's the clown using them across all categories

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010 at 6:57am

Jaf,

After 30 years of shortboarding I've recently acquired a kneelo. There's a few ledgey reefbreaks near where I live and I've always been curious about how kneelos go in the square stuff. So far I've had about half a dozen sessions on it and backside and frontside just don't seem to matter. Admittedly I'm not that great but can't imagine it would ever matter.

On a sidenote: all the kneelos I've met in the surf have been great. You know how Kombi drivers all acknowledge each other on the road? If there's another kneelo in the water when I paddle out it's straight up and say g'day.

jaffa1949's picture
jaffa1949's picture
jaffa1949 Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010 at 10:58am

Yep that's true a true band of almost ignored brothers, short boarders pigdogging and BBers dropkneeing are pale imitations of where our knee brothers can go, having opened up those spot to those who saw.
BBers would do well to search back to the Hawaiian paipo riders of the 50s and 60s