SE Qld 3 day lockdown

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Saturday, 31 Jul 2021 at 10:51am

Just announced, from 4pm today.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 31 Jul 2021 at 10:52am

Will be interesting to see if the 'go hard, go early' approach works as well as it did in Vic.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 31 Jul 2021 at 12:56pm

Not sure where they’re coming from but numbers around here have swelled considerably. Plenty of Covid refugees are bolting from lockdowns I reckon.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Saturday, 31 Jul 2021 at 2:33pm

Like Thomas Edison once said......
"Where the fuck are all these moths coming from"

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 31 Jul 2021 at 6:44pm

Pretty busy on the roads around Ballina/Byron today, big contrast to last weekend.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 31 Jul 2021 at 8:24pm

I took the opportunity with the fresh N'ly winds to start the flathead season.
and managed to find some solitude on the river.

3 just legal fish, let 'em all go.

If I'd kept all three would have had a decent feed.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 5 Aug 2021 at 6:28pm

Just saw the news about Victoria going into its 6th lockdown , it’s going to be a long year ahead . I really sympathise with the people of Victoria , it must be mentally exhausting by now.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 5 Aug 2021 at 6:36pm

totally. this is really dragging on now.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 5 Aug 2021 at 6:44pm

@freeride , don’t know if you saw this from yesterday on a different thread , they seem confident in their decision but why tempt fate ? And how necessary is it in this current situation ? Tweed has only had 3 cases and they were all returning Australian’s that quarantined in Sydney, we have never had it in the community which has a large elderly percentage . https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-04/liverpool-hospital-junior-doctors...

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Thursday, 5 Aug 2021 at 8:26pm

Newcastle in lockdown…. traces in the sewerage at Bonny Hills…. It’s doing a road trip up the coast. Head slap.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 2:11pm
freeride76 wrote:

totally. this is really dragging on now.

Our hard state wide lock down worked.
Check my rant in the other thread

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 2:39pm
Distracted wrote:

Newcastle in lockdown…. traces in the sewerage at Bonny Hills…. It’s doing a road trip up the coast. Head slap.

Probably all from that Fck wit who left Syd lockdown and went to Byron (and surrounds) and didn’t use any qr code check ins as he didn’t want to be traced. Only reason they found out he had it and was in Byron was because he got so sick he had to go to hospital. Selfish prick.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 3:16pm

You honestly think he’s the only one?

You’re legally allowed to go anywhere in the state to visit your holiday house, or relocate or to visit open house sales or house auctions etc etc

No point blaming the grubs who do exactly what the government plans for them to do ….which is to spread the virus whilst pretending there’s a lockdown.

Just talking to my neighbour and he told me about another grub who moved from Sydney to his holiday house here, some narc called the cops to check they weren’t active in the community and the cops never did a thing. No one gives a fuck. That’s the second person I’ve heard who’s moved here in the last week.

Part of the strategy.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 4:45pm
Blowin wrote:

Surfing saves me.
Literally. Things get weird without it.

Blowin wrote:

No point blaming the grubs who do exactly what the government plans for them to do ….which is to spread the virus whilst pretending there’s a lockdown.

Go have a surf mate.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 4:51pm

Its on - Lockdown Far Nth Coast from 6pm !

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 5:04pm

Byron Shire, Richmond Valley, Lismore and Ballina Shire LGAs.

Not Tweed though (can't be far off, surely).

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 5:13pm

If your feeling a little stressed go to Spotify and put on “ Men from Earth” by the Ozark mountain daredevils and chill on the song list.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 5:17pm

You honestly don’t think it is the LNP strategy?

Living with Covid has been the strategy for a while now but the community refused to consider it , so they went about it by stealth.

Why do you think there’s no secure quarantine system after 18 months? Why do you think Gladys was so slow to lock down? Why do you think there’s all these loopholes which allow people to travel throughout the state during the faux lockdown? What do you think was going to happen when a casualised and financially insecure workforce was told they couldn’t go to work and then drag the chain allocating benefits?

It’s called plausible deniability. The shoulder shrug and claim to be unlucky after the entire thing was built to fail. Blame the population when they act the way they were conditioned to act.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 5:29pm

Lockdown might work in your favour Freeride. Use your time well. Abandon Sol and become a Mex comp vampire. Post your reports here on Swellnet.

The Night of the Living Outsider.

You’re within cooee of the beach anyway hey?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 5:41pm

Heard reports that old mate was sick for 8 days, gave it to his kids.

Didn’t believe in COVID until he couldn’t breathe and called an ambulance.

Good one dickhead.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 5:43pm
Blowin wrote:

Lockdown might work in your favour Freeride. Use your time well. Abandon Sol and become a Mex comp vampire. Post your reports here on Swellnet.

yeah, no change for me.

Daughter doing HSC is the drama.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 5:57pm

At least all these Covid outbreaks and lockdowns are happening at the right time, big shipments of vaccines will be arriving in the next month or two and these outbreaks and lockdowns will help ensure people are keen to get vaccinated and most older people should already have at least their first shot many their second.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 6:52pm
Craig wrote:

Heard reports that old mate was sick for 8 days, gave it to his kids.

Didn’t believe in COVID until he couldn’t breathe and called an ambulance.

Good one dickhead.

How do you know these details?

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 6:53pm

I’d say he read this?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 6:58pm

Yeah. Not sure if can totally trust but..

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 7:20pm

A bit more official.
Sounds like a true cunt.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-09/nsw-covid-byron-bay-into-lockdown...

Earlier today, Dr Chant advised anyone in the affected LGAs to immediately isolate and get tested if they began to exhibit even the mildest of symptoms.

"Unfortunately this gentleman was infectious in the community for a while," she said.

"He had symptoms for several days, so we are quite concerned and want to see the [testing] numbers increase in that area and we will be monitoring that closely."

Man 'didn't use QR codes'
The Byron Shire mayor Michael Lyon said the man had travelled to Byron Bay after spending time in Sydney with his wife who had COVID-19.

Cr Lyon said the man had not been cooperative with police and health authorities, who were attempting to carry out contact tracing for the region.

"He travelled from Sydney with two kids, staying up here in Byron, been out and about a fair amount in the time — it's disappointing," he said.

"We're going through trying to list all exposure sites and work out where he's been, and he hasn't been signing in and using QR codes, any of that.

"It's been very difficult for police and health authorities to track down where he's been, it's ridiculous, you have to wonder what people are thinking when it comes to a situation like this."

Cr Lyon said the behaviour was unacceptable.

"He's been evasive from all accounts, in terms of the questioning, so there is some form of suspicion as to the reasons he's being evasive with questions, we don't know at this stage but it's disappointing," he said.

"When it happens because someone is complacent or negligent it's unacceptable, it's worse than stupidity, when you just don't give a sh*t, that's next level for me."

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 7:25pm

Ball

Bag

What a ballbag

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 7:33pm

Drug run.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 7:45pm

we've always been one entitled Sydney dickhead away from a lockdown.

and I mean no disrespect to Sydney people, you know the animal I mean.

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:49pm
freeride76 wrote:
Blowin wrote:

yeah, no change for me.

I feel for anyone in NSW doing HSC right now Steve. My partners daughter is doing it and she’s struggling with all the constant changes due to covid etc.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 11:02pm

South Brizzie MASS Pfizer Hub - Ages16-59 (Strictly 20 point Cyborg upgrade entry)

&list=PL3ZQ5CpNulQmBBLq5JXlh0V7qLPkdQEDd&index=1

Qld Masks mandated until Xmas.
https://www.afr.com/politics/qld-moving-closer-to-end-of-lockdown-202108...
Note that NSW & Vic also have Masks at the ready...could be an East Coast cover up!

Will Mask shortage see shitty masks making a comeback...
March 2020 & the World was already mental...this was all fucked up from day one!
(Hottie Spottie) Angela introduces her Fancy Misinformation Mantra (Who knew!)
+ Yanks had already busted our missing Loo Paper Myth! (Can't believe this!)
Aussies apparently clear the shelves of Dunny Paper for their Face Masks.

Make that everyone...

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 6:40pm

Blowin,

You really think the State Gov would want Covid to take hold? It is an interesting take.

I am not in NSW so I don't have first hand experience. But I would think that all governments would prefer everyone to keep on living and keep on working and keep on spending. Each and every one of us is a revenue stream.
Why would any government knowingly erode their revenue base?

I am sure it is more complex than that but I am interested in why you think a Government would chose to go that way?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 6:55pm
donweather wrote:
freeride76 wrote:
Blowin wrote:

yeah, no change for me.

I feel for anyone in NSW doing HSC right now Steve. My partners daughter is doing it and she’s struggling with all the constant changes due to covid etc.

yeah, its ah, stressful times Don.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 7:35pm
Cacadajy wrote:

Blowin,

You really think the State Gov would want Covid to take hold? It is an interesting take.

I am not in NSW so I don't have first hand experience. But I would think that all governments would prefer everyone to keep on living and keep on working and keep on spending. Each and every one of us is a revenue stream.
Why would any government knowingly erode their revenue base?

I am sure it is more complex than that but I am interested in why you think a Government would chose to go that way?

I don't buy it either.

However it would help fast track opening of borders at least to certain countries or vaccinated people.

Also ensures highest take up of vaccines as possible, even with these outbreaks it would be helping vaccine take up, getting rid of AZ supplies and plenty of Pfizer arriving soon.

Seeing a friend from Europe being able to travel to Nicaragua, Maldives, Mexico on three seperate surf trips during Covid, is starting to make me think being Covid free is more of a curse than a blessing.

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 7:46pm

Indo, I see the push to vaccinate angle but surely that is just a product of the very fluid situation. It can't be a tactic or a planned thing.
I just don't see what is happening in NSW being a manipulated or contrived thing from any angle. It makes no sense to me but I have been wrong before, once if I remember correctly.

Where in Europe is your globetrotting mate from?

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 9:43pm

Australian govt signed a deal with vax companies ages ago. ( before new strains etc etc)
Nsw has biggest population in country.
They gotta distribute it all. Do the deal. Blackmail seems to be their go to.
Then move to next “phase”.

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Wednesday, 11 Aug 2021 at 9:57pm

Sooo what is your point?
The Government and Pharma companies have "colluded" together to supply a vaccine to the people of Australia??? Shit really?? I smell conspireblackmailcollusionism.

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Thursday, 12 Aug 2021 at 2:04pm

The NSW government handling of the initial delta outbreak was a stuff up but their current management is a total debacle.

Advise everyone to go out and get tested but now test results are back in 3 to 7 days unless you’re an essential worker. In the mean time the virus could have spread as people can’t afford to sit around and wait for results. There is no government hand out while you wait for test results.
If suppression is the new strategy they needed to have a plan on how it was to be implemented and not rely on lockdowns. Critical to get those rapid turnaround tests happening asap.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 1:31pm

Relax. Your betters are in charge of the situation.

https://twitter.com/JodiMcKayMP/status/1291255203698601985?s=20

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 2:20pm

On the subject of masks , I posted this on another thread last week , support local businesses they say , buy made in Australia they say ….. unless it’s cheaper elsewhere https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-20/australian-mask-manufacturer-dump...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 2:45pm

What a disgrace.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 4:03pm

Just spoke to a mate who lives on the highway near Sussex and they reckon that the road is packed with tourist crew ( caravans, boats , roof toppers etc ) heading South. Reckons it’s been dead for weeks but this arvo is chockers.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 6:05pm

amazing how quick they come back....same here.....

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 6:28pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 6:46pm

@fliplid , best laugh I’ve had for awhile

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 7:30pm

Would be even funnier if it wasn't true

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 13 Aug 2021 at 7:34pm
Fliplid wrote:

Would be even funnier if it wasn't true

Unfortunately your right

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 16 Aug 2021 at 9:51pm

Qld Govt new Super spread Warning during NSW record infectious outbreak.
Only the most highly infectious 1 Vax Dose Frontline can enter Qld.

Table of Infectious person days /10,000
Unvaxed ( 21.39 / 10,000 ) 00% These are least infectious frontline & are banned from entering Qld .

Qld Govt exempt entry to infectious vaccinated Frontline to Catch'n'spread Covid easier to patients.
These Frontline workers knowingly make themselves more infectious to be rewarded Qld entry.
All know most Oz Lockdowns began with single Dose Frontline Workers ...including a Qld Nurse breach!

Qld Mandate entry to the most highly infectious incubating Frontline in Oz.
Pfizer wk1 ( 26.24 / 10,000 ) +10% (Also more vulnerable to Flu) + (3x infectious during Outbreak)
Pfizer wk2 ( 38.60 / 10,000 ) +57%
Pfizer wk3 ( 28.26 / 10,000 ) +28% > AZ wk3 ( 25.10 / 10,000 ) +16%

March: After 1 dose nurse breach-Media push Qld > World 1st Govt to Mandate a Fully vaxed frontline.
Emergency Covid ward still does Mandate Full doses but all other Hospital health was revoked. No / Vax.

16th Aug : Qld Mandate 1 dose for new interstate Frontline to fill in State Aged Care
16th Sept : Qld Deadline for Mandated Qld wide 1 dose for State Age Care Frontline
Local staff refused the Vax + o/s Mutant Ban so 1 dose Southerners have gotta fill our needs.
Note Teachers are not welcome...only "1 dose Vax State Aged care" are permitted!

tbb has seen that local Aged Care border workers are being knocked back (Without 1 dose Vax Proof)
Also note that Qld Health acknowledge "Incubation period" in PDF reviews...so can't deny risky Policy

Qldurrz are just saying not to read too much into Mandated Entry...it's a Political Power Play.
Our Govt are simply meeting their immediate needs by advantaging southerners under stress.

It's wrong to Mandate Health Worker Vax entry to a State where Health Workers aren't required to vax!
Qldurr apologizes to those being rejected into our state under this corrupt duress.

Horas's picture
Horas's picture
Horas Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 12:35am

Roll up,roll up ,roll up get your jab and you will be free,you will be freeeeeeeee says they.
Not so according to the demented midget dictator from the west.McClown decrees that even with 80 % vaccinations that lockdowns and border restrictions will stay.The hideous beast in NSW seems to be making similar noises.
But,but,but McClown says the national cabinet (another story there ) agreed on this. No doubt , led by that Commo Psycopath in Victoria,this is true.They are no longer pretending.These tyrants enjoy playing with your lives as a cat does with a mouse.All this for something with a survival rate well over 99 % .
Let's have a look at Queen cane toad Palace-chooks' fiefdom.
QLD - 18 months
- 7 deaths from 1886 'cases '
= 0.37 %
And they have died WITH it not FROM it.Huge difference.
No -one has died directly from this
You have to be already dying to die from this.
The rest of OZ and the world for that matter has the same percentages.
The Government and MSM lie to you every day.
EVERY.SINGLE.FUCKEN.DAY. They lie to you
And people STILL believe what they are fed.
This is well past insanity now
There is pure evil at work.

Horas's picture
Horas's picture
Horas Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 12:32am

" The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it "
George Orwell