All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 6:35pm

Don’t question it, just pay your wage percentage to the local happy clappers and be saved from the rave party down below.

1st, 2nd or third testament, it doesn’t matter which book she believes in, just pay them

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 6:44pm

Twisted... that is hate speech. Be better than that. Keep your beliefs, but Do No Harm. Don't advocate for the elimination of an entire race/culture. Particularly one that has already endured several attempts and one famously somewhat recently (historically speaking.)

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 7:22pm
wax24 wrote:

Twisted... that is hate speech. Be better than that. Keep your beliefs, but Do No Harm. Don't advocate for the elimination of an entire race/culture. Particularly one that has already endured several attempts and one famously somewhat recently (historically speaking.)

I think twisted might be twisting your arm

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 9:05pm

He just might be....

silentp's picture
silentp's picture
silentp Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 10:30pm
burleigh wrote:

If the old bible was wrong where did they get the second one from? when is the third being released?

surely there not making it up as they go?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 6:58am

Jesus knew He would be rejected by His own now self righteous priesthood...making up extra burdensome rules as they went along ...forgetting like these days the law was made for man and not man for the law.....its the dark side if mankind. The priests were expecting a warrior Romans killing Messiah but got a Prince of peace instead and hated it....The Jewish people were originally the first to have God reveal Himself to them en mass....and for that reason it would be there that he would lay down His life for all the sins of the world..past present and future....He loved this nation.

Good Friday..on the cross.....Luke 23.
32 There were also two others, criminals, led with Him to be put to death. 33 And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on the right hand and the other on the left. 34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”
And they divided His garments and cast lots. 35 And the people stood looking on. But even the rulers with them sneered, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God.”
36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming and offering Him sour wine, 37 and saying, “If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself.”
38 And an inscription also was written over Him in letters of Greek, Latin, and Hebrew:
THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying,“If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”
40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.” 42 Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
44 Now it was about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45 Then the sun was [m]darkened, and the veil of the temple was torn in two. 46 And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’ ” Having said this, He breathed His last.
47 So when the centurion saw what had happened, he glorified God, saying, “Certainly this was a righteous Man!”
48 And the whole crowd who came together to that sight, seeing what had been done, beat their breasts and returned. 49 But all His acquaintances, and the women who followed Him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 7:54am

Optimist..ah Good Friday.....what a day of celebration and worship ....the Son of God dies on the cross for our sins , to show us the way and the meaning of life. , " for this is how God loved the world:he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish and have eternal life." John 3:16 NLT
have a great day and weekend Optimist........now over to the rabids....

Optimist wrote:

Jesus knew He would be rejected by His own now self righteous priesthood...making up extra burdensome rules as they went along ...forgetting like these days the law was made for man and not man for the law.....its the dark side if mankind. The priests were expecting a warrior Romans killing Messiah but got a Prince of peace instead and hated it....The Jewish people were originally the first to have God reveal Himself to them en mass....and for that reason it would be there that he would lay down His life for all the sins of the world..past present and future....He loved this nation.

Good Friday..on the cross.....Luke 23.
32 There were also two others, criminals, led with Him to be put to death. 33 And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on the right hand and the other on the left. 34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”
And they divided His garments and cast lots. 35 And the people stood looking on. But even the rulers with them sneered, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God.”
36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming and offering Him sour wine, 37 and saying, “If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself.”
38 And an inscription also was written over Him in letters of Greek, Latin, and Hebrew:
THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying,“If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”
40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.” 42 Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
44 Now it was about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45 Then the sun was [m]darkened, and the veil of the temple was torn in two. 46 And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’ ” Having said this, He breathed His last.
47 So when the centurion saw what had happened, he glorified God, saying, “Certainly this was a righteous Man!”
48 And the whole crowd who came together to that sight, seeing what had been done, beat their breasts and returned. 49 But all His acquaintances, and the women who followed Him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 7:58am

Death…and comes back to life…it’s like someone made it up.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 8:47am

The miracle that nobody can verify. Sound familiar Brutus?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 10:04am

if only you wanted to read the proof.....

Roadkill wrote:

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 10:07am

funny that I had more than 10 people live thru me beating cancer , who are not Christian and then there are all the miracles that have been recorded....sound familiar ..??

burleigh wrote:

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 10:25am
brutus wrote:

funny that I had more than 10 people live thru me beating cancer , who are not Christian and then there are all the miracles that have been recorded....sound familiar ..??

burleigh wrote:

Look, if only happy clappers beat cancer then you got a point, but 7 out of 10 people beat cancer, brainwashed or not.

Why would your god allow you to have cancer?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 10:38am

haha , the trial and tribulations of life , make us what we are......defines us as to who we are...relative to a higher entity......how good is life!

burleigh wrote:
brutus wrote:

burleigh wrote:

Look, if only happy clappers beat cancer then you got a point, but 7 out of 10 people beat cancer, brainwashed or not.

Why would your god allow you to have cancer?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 10:50am
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

Feel free to provide proof.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 11:06am

here try this....https://reasons.org/explore/blogs/reflections/a-dozen-evidences-for-the-...

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 11:58am
Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

That is not proof.

If there was proof, religion wouldn’t be belief based, it would be evidence based.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 11:59am

Brutus, do believe in Angels?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 12:17pm

of course!

Roadkill wrote:

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 12:22pm

yeah proof is in the eye of the beholder....there is always doubt...History is always changing as new facts come to life...so todays evidence can be tomorrows lie........

It's hard for you to believe as you don't have all the information and life experiences I have had...which becomes faith in something that is on a supernatural /spiritual level.......an all of my life, warts and all , led to the only logical conclusion!

Roadkill wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

That is not proof.

If there was proof, religion wouldn’t be belief based, it would be evidence based.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 12:33pm
brutus wrote:

of course!

Roadkill wrote:

Do you believe in Bunyips? Many Aboriginals say it is a real thing.

95.6 % of PNG are christians…also the majority believe in witches and witch craft. Do you think these witches in PNG real?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 12:35pm
brutus wrote:

yeah proof is in the eye of the beholder....there is always doubt...History is always changing as new facts come to life...so todays evidence can be tomorrows lie........

It's hard for you to believe as you don't have all the information and life experiences I have had...which becomes faith in something that is on a supernatural /spiritual level.......an all of my life, warts and all , led to the only logical conclusion!

Roadkill wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

That is not proof.

So, it is not proof but belief and faith? Without belief and faith…there is nothing for you to believe?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 12:40pm

I saw a possum at my house last night, thought it was dead. I came back 2 hours later in was gone.

Was it God? did she come back as a possum and re-live a moment in history?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 12:40pm

Proof is in the eye of the beholder…

Hahahahahaha!
How good is post-modernist narcissism?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 12:42pm
burleigh wrote:

I saw a possum at my house last night, thought it was dead. I came back 2 hours later in was gone.

Good Lord, it’s the furry resurrection!
You just wait for Sunday, it’ll be a miracle.
Hallelujah!!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 12:44pm

Btw, brutus, . Logic is one thing lacking in everything you post/believe.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:03pm
AndyM wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Good Lord, it’s the furry resurrection!
You just wait for Sunday, it’ll be a miracle.
Hallelujah!!

Can't wait! I may have found my reason to believe,

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:11pm

AndyM , once upon a time there were a group of Australians who were murdered , raped pillaged , dispossessed of their lands and genocide was tried as a way of cleansing them for the new arrivals who had bigger guns....for hundreds of years the proof that these Australians had was they were savages /godless and a blight on australian colonial whitefellas.......and their Country......so I can keep going how history /proof facts change constantly......so proof???

AndyM wrote:

Proof is in the eye of the beholder…

Hahahahahaha!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:12pm

so tell me your logic in what you believe...??

Roadkill wrote:

Btw, brutus, . Logic is one thing lacking in everything you post/believe.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:13pm

so AndyM...are you a post-modernist narcissist?

Hahahahahaha!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:15pm

I'll say it for ya...he coulda been playin possum!

burleigh wrote:

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:16pm

hmm good and evil .now there's a novelty thought!

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

of course!

Roadkill wrote:

95.6 % of PNG are christians…also the majority believe in witches and witch craft. Do you think these witches in PNG real?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:31pm

I've figured it out.

Happy clappers are gaslighters. Make you feel like you're the crazy one by way of confusion around these "miracles"

Miracles must also happen to other mammals right? or are their brains not that far advanced to begin the gaslighting?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:34pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

of course!

Roadkill wrote:

You didn’t answer the question.

Try again please.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:42pm

How about climbing down and answer what Logic do you believe in?

So I will explain..yes there's Good and evil...so in PNG they know there are witches and witchcraft......just as we havethe enemy!

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

of course!

Roadkill wrote:

Try again please.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:52pm

Brutus, do these miracles happen to other mammals? Or lets say a human has the same intelligence as a dolphin, so they will not have the intelligence to comprehend the bible (therefor can not have faith) will these miracles still happen to them? and what happens to them when they die?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 1:50pm
brutus wrote:

So I will explain..yes there's Good and evil...so in PNG they know there are witches and witchcraft......just as we havethe enemy!

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

of course!

Roadkill wrote:

Try again please.

No brutus, I asked you a question, you didn’t answer and then asked me a question, to which you are now telling me to climb down and answer.
Answer the question I asked and then I will give you respect and answer your question.

If you don’t want to participate in a civil discussion where we each ask a polite question and answer with respect and honesty..,

Then you can go and fuck off and I will go back to mocking religion and taking the piss.

The ball is in your court.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 4:00pm

Roadkill , this is not a civil discussion as it just you and burlley throwing shit at me in the hopes I'll trip up somewhere.......your questions are really just baiting , but as you can't answer a simple what do you believe ...at least that gives me some kid of relative background how to understand your baiting...as your questions do no seem to want a positive answer....so if thats what you want...I can fuck off and you can go back to mocking religion and take the piss...that who you are ,not me.......

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

of course!

Roadkill wrote:

Try again please.

No brutus, I asked you a question, you didn’t answer and then asked me a question, to which you are now telling me to climb down and answer.
Answer the question I asked and then I will give you respect and answer your question.

If you don’t want to participate in a civil discussion where we each ask a polite question and answer with respect and honesty..,

Then you can go and fuck off and I will go back to mocking religion and taking the piss.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 4:03pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill , this is not a civil discussion as it just you and burlley throwing shit at me in the hopes I'll trip up somewhere.......your questions are really just baiting , but as you can't answer a simple what do you believe ...at least that gives me some kid of relative background how to understand your baiting...as your questions do no seem to want a positive answer....so if thats what you want...I can fuck off and you can go back to mocking religion and take the piss...that who you are ,not me.......

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

of course!

Roadkill wrote:

Try again please.

If god didn't want us to mock religion why did she create jokes?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Apr 2022 at 5:02pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

of course!

Roadkill wrote:

Try again please.

Thought as much. No surprise.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 10:31am

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 10:54am

No doubt it doubles as a sex toy for the priests when the choir boys aren't around.

udo wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-QzpbOn_M0

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 12:37pm
burleigh wrote:

Brutus, do these miracles happen to other mammals? Or lets say a human has the same intelligence as a dolphin, so they will not have the intelligence to comprehend the bible (therefor can not have faith) will these miracles still happen to them? and what happens to them when they die?

brutus, doesn’t have the ability to think to this level…philosophical thought and the ability to argue is not a strong point. These discussion can be fun and enlightening…if others with differing views join in. Our mate here is a weak closed religious mind with no interest in anything outside his bubble.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 12:43pm
burleigh wrote:

The religious folk I know would say a being has to have conscious.

To which I would say

So if an accident victim is in a vegetative state, we can then assume god wipes his/her hands of them.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 1:06pm

It’s a good question, burleigh. Does god perform miracles on mammals, insects, microbes, bacteria…..where is the cut off to receive a miracle?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 1:28pm

Who the hell calls themselves Burleigh? Imagine calling yourself Pipeline, or Noosa, or Bondi?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 3:05pm

Errr... Maybe it's his surname? I know a Burleigh. I also know a girl named Kirra.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 3:32pm

Roadkill , so ya start with a joke about sex toys for altar boys , so when altar boys are not being raped by priests , they can rape themselves....wow your intelligence shines through and through.......so altar boys want to be raped , and that;s funny for you...gee your intellect and philosophies , or lack of any real substance really must define you as a person.....well I guess in your mind?
If you want to discuss philosophy well bring it on , be nice to see what you actually have faith in , believe in and how you see today compared to the past..??

Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:

brutus, doesn’t have the ability to think to this level…philosophical thought and the ability to argue is not a strong point. These discussion can be fun and enlightening…if others with differing views join in. Our mate here is a weak closed religious mind with no interest in anything outside his bubble.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 5:14pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill , so ya start with a joke about sex toys for altar boys , so when altar boys are not being raped by priests , they can rape themselves....wow your intelligence shines through and through.......so altar boys want to be raped , and that;s funny for you...gee your intellect and philosophies , or lack of any real substance really must define you as a person.....well I guess in your mind?
If you want to discuss philosophy well bring it on , be nice to see what you actually have faith in , believe in and how you see today compared to the past..??

Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Comprehension not one of your strong point, huh.

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Saturday, 16 Apr 2022 at 5:28pm

"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." (Matthew 5:40)
If a person is to rob a Christian like me, they must also give him extra belongings.
Its just the Christian thing to do, do not tell the cops either.