All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 10:12am
brutus wrote:

miracles from the Bible...https://www.spiritoflifeag.com/how-many-miracles-are-there-in-the-bible/...
Personally , I have spoken before about this before.....At Xmas 2 years ago I was diagnosed with multiple cancer tumours in the same place as the previous 2 times , the only treatment left was hormones and not a very good chance of beating it a 3rd time. By end of April nothing was working and I became very sick ....as the tumours were pushing on my bladder and Bowell system , I couldn't sleep as I was up pissing razor blades for about 3 weeks every 15 mins...it's now end of May....it looked really grim with not long to go....I had a prayer Chain set up by some friends in Hawaii....some serious praying went down........a Dr contacted me for some boards , just happened that I had taken him for a surf at Bells a few years before, he 's a Black Rasta-man who just happened to be the pelvic surgeon in the World working out of Sydney.......so we redid a lot of tests .......and the symptoms improved with anti-biotics.....then when the test came back...every tumour had disappeared and suddenly I had perfect health again.....that's just one of my stories about didging bullets....19 car accidents/Coma's/ going under 2 waves more than 10 times...under 3 waves once , Diabetes II as bad as you can get......there are greater powers at work........My best friend in Hawaii experienced a young person riddled with cancer get wheeled into surgery for the Dr to return 40 mins later to tell family and friends they cut her open and the cancer was gone........having faith that God can achieve anything and that he has everything under control .....my personal experience is that by living the Christian life .....life is easier to understand , forgiveness/humility/looking after those who need it most brings peace/Joy through love........

Hallelujah.…great story. Without faith, I call bs on that. With faith, I would still call bs. I know lifelong Christians that would call bs.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 11:27am

Jesus became world famous after only 3 years from things He did. They were many and supernatural and something only God could do. I have personally experienced and seen the miraculous happen …things unexplainable by any other means….I would share the experiences ….but what would be the point as you guys are hard and not really interested in anything but an argument. …my advice is read the New Testament even for historical reasons and see what you think. After all, the NT. is the biggest selling book on earth.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 11:34am
Optimist wrote:

Jesus became world famous after only 3 years from things He did. They were many and supernatural and something only God could do. I have personally experienced and seen the miraculous happen …things unexplainable by any other means….I would share the experiences ….but what would be the point as you guys are hard and not really interested in anything but an argument. …my advice is read the New Testament even for historical reasons and see what you think. After all, the NT. is the biggest selling book on earth.

Biggest selling book on earth....... that sums up Religion perfectly.

My ugly mate has a super hot girlfriend, thats a miracle. Did god put them together or is he rich?

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 11:40am

World famous? No he was just one of many preachers doing the same thing in a tiny part of the world. He became famous well after his death when everyone had got their fantastical stories straight and then only when a Roman Emperor came on board and made it the official religion. Doesn’t it go something like that in reality?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 11:53am
Optimist wrote:

Humour us, I love miracles. Do tell….

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 11:56am
burleigh wrote:
Optimist wrote:

Biggest selling book on earth....... that sums up Religion perfectly.

My ugly mate has a super hot girlfriend, thats a miracle. Did god put them together or is he rich?

1 of my bosses in Japan had this smoking hot wife, we all got semi drunk, she was a fox on heat…I ended up banging her many times. That was a miracle. Best miracle I have experienced.

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 6:16pm

One definition of a "miracle" is this (pulled from Oxford English Dictionary)...... "a highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment that brings very welcome consequences."
Seems like your story meets criteria, Roadie.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 6:33pm

Imagine being stuck in the clouds with a bunch of happy clappers, Karens and no animals. Fuck that I’ll go to the underground rave instead.
I recon I’ll find the chick from Roadkills story down there too. win/win

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 7:17pm

Billy, gets it right every time.

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 9:09pm

Burleigh, they're all super hot at the Underground Rave, lol

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Saturday, 9 Apr 2022 at 9:31pm

I done did a deal with the devil.Sold my soul,I'm on the dark side.We can talk about that some other time.

I can't stand a majority of the Jesus freaks,born again babblers trying to recruit me and whenever I'd refuse was condemned to Hell.

However,had a interesting experience...
California late 80's.A mate n myself used to get drunk on these benches at a high school track n field/football oval.We were middle upper class White Trash,too young to get into bars but old enough to go to war.
Most nights we'd be on the pickle juice looking for drugs n women.Me mate was a good fighter,he had a good knock out punch n was a quick witted cocky mofo who liked to punch on.
One long night,turning into sunrise we were dumb drunk sitting on the benches when some middle aged,slightly over weight morning jogger wearing a headband n trackies started doing laps of the oval.
Me mate decided to give him a hard time and started humming the 'Rocky' movie theme track everytime he went by us.da da,dana da..... da da
After a couple laps the jogger stopped and said"listen boys,I'm really into the Lord and what you're doing is wrong.Is it o.k. if I pray for you?"
We were like"sure,no worries".
Jogger man grabbed our hand and started saying some prayer and right as he did this an all white pigeon/dove flew up and landed on the railing 3feet away,right in front of our face.It was so close I could've touched it.I watched the white bird sit there and as soon as old mate finished his prayer it flew away.
No birds ever came up close to us on those benches before or after that.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 6:58am

Things not so rosy in Hillsong land. Doves coming home to roost.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Cam we have some violins please?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/brian-houston-claims-wife-bobbie-made-re...

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 12:49pm

Sometimes a whole new slate is a good thing…. hills church might come out a lot better off….hope so as I hear they do some good charity work and if they can get off that prosperity doctrine crap and stick to basics they will enjoy some fresh air and fresh perspective.

SUNDAY MESSAGE….
The Son ( Jesus) is the radiance of Gods glory and the exact representation of His being , sustaining all things by His powerful word. After He had provided purification for sins, He sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Herbrews 1:3 NIV.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 1:34pm

Roadkill .....I suppose ya love ol Billy ..especially the bit, " where I am the devil and I want fuck your mother"........each to their own ?

Roadkill wrote:

Billy, gets it right every time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6f3e09lw7A

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 1:36pm

Roadkill , that's where we started on this epic.....Scomo/Liberals cannot be trusted , LOL!

Roadkill wrote:

Things not so rosy in Hillsong land. Doves coming home to roost.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Cam we have some violins please?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/brian-houston-claims-wife-bobbie-made-re...

jwithay's picture
jwithay's picture
jwithay Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 1:59pm
Optimist wrote:

Sometimes a whole new slate is a good thing…. hills church might come out a lot better off….hope so as I hear they do some good charity work and if they can get off that prosperity doctrine crap and stick to basics they will enjoy some fresh air and fresh perspective.

Forgive my ignorance, but is the prosperity gospel not a core tenet of their entire organisation? If so, why not disband altogether and let the good nature of others/something else fill the vacuum.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 2:16pm

I’ve seen massive changes for the good in churches that had a leadership change and also the reverse when bad leaders took over….life’s a funny thing how we often let the alpha dogs take control because they bark the loudest….same in politics….same in life….human nature I suppose…when we learn to value the quiet achievers and the behind the scenes people more and make them the leaders we will all be better off…

jwithay's picture
jwithay's picture
jwithay Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 2:17pm

Amen to that Optimist.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 2:34pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill .....I suppose ya love ol Billy ..especially the bit, " where I am the devil and I want fuck your mother"........each to their own ?

Roadkill wrote:

That was funny, that is called humour.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 8:37pm

Roadkill , yeah fucking your mother is funny got any good nigger jokes??? How about pedophile jokes and your kids being abosed ???

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 8:40pm

Threads going well lads. Good stuff

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 8:58pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill , yeah fucking your mother is funny got any good nigger jokes??? How about pedophile jokes and your kids being abosed ???

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

Wow

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 9:21pm

Time for some peace brothers.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 10 Apr 2022 at 9:53pm

Brutus this Depicts you in a Peacefull Happy Place

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 7:47am

Udo/Roadkill ....I am so happy , you have no idea about me, except I answer you which keeps your trolling me........it's what people find funny like you and Roadkill.

I come on here to discuss and see how educated some people are and find out where peoples heads are at...yeah I get attacked by most people who come on here which shows a lot of ignorance, lack of education , and morals.......so...

...oh it's just a joke....well there's a thing that called racial/religious vilification.....Roadkill finds it funny his mother being fucked by the Devil....you found it funny telling a joke about splitting Altar boys.......so where does the line start and end...Abbo jokes ( I know a lot) , paedophile jokes well you told one.....religious vilification......well seems appropriate given the MO of people who troll on forums.....so where does it end me not talking or coming onto forums as it's a nest of people who seem to live on SN.......and spruik unfounded insults from their moral low ground.....that's why I chose to leave the forums to others ....religion is a big question in peoples live right now , as it's easy to see what people believe in disintegrating before their eyes.......so I'll have a break till next Sunday have too much positive stuff going on right now and it's Easter which for some of us is a sacred time and for others well it rabbits bearing chocolate eggs!

udo wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkcDI2qjgm4/

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 8:05am
brutus wrote:

Udo/Roadkill ....I am so happy , you have no idea about me, except I answer you which keeps your trolling me........it's what people find funny like you and Roadkill.

I come on here to discuss and see how educated some people are and find out where peoples heads are at...yeah I get attacked by most people who come on here which shows a lot of ignorance, lack of education , and morals.......so...

...oh it's just a joke....well there's a thing that called racial/religious vilification.....Roadkill finds it funny his mother being fucked by the Devil....you found it funny telling a joke about splitting Altar boys.......so where does the line start and end...Abbo jokes ( I know a lot) , paedophile jokes well you told one.....religious vilification......well seems appropriate given the MO of people who troll on forums.....so where does it end me not talking or coming onto forums as it's a nest of people who seem to live on SN.......and spruik unfounded insults from their moral low ground.....that's why I chose to leave the forums to others ....religion is a big question in peoples live right now , as it's easy to see what people believe in disintegrating before their eyes.......so I'll have a break till next Sunday have too much positive stuff going on right now and it's Easter which for some of us is a sacred time and for others well it rabbits bearing chocolate eggs!

udo wrote:

You don’t answer questions, brutus. You copy and paste standard religious answers. I don’t think I have ever read an original thought from you. When you can’t find a standard answer to copy and paste you play the victim and cry about being bullied and trolled.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 8:27am

Roadkill.....I am not complaining about being bullied or being trolled ....just making a statement on the state of play ......the facts I post are cut and pasted as that is what you ask for proof ...so that's what you get and whinge about it when I do it......I mean what do you want from me?
I answer all your questions as well as I can....you can't answer mine as it shows you to be what you are ...a bloke with not too many morals........so be it ,if I remember right you had kids were worried about them being exposed to people who were responsible for gender/gay vilification?
Just wonder if your kids would find it funny their Grandmother could be fucked by the Devil and use the ol Chestnut ' yeah but that's humour?".....
So where does it stop .....where is your moral compass?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

udo wrote:

You don’t answer questions, brutus. You copy and paste standard religious answers. I don’t think I have ever read an original thought from you. When you can’t find a standard answer to copy and paste you play the victim and cry about being bullied and trolled.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 8:42am
udo wrote:

That looks a bit like Billy Connelly.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 8:49am
brutus wrote:

Roadkill.....I am not complaining about being bullied or being trolled ....just making a statement on the state of play ......the facts I post are cut and pasted as that is what you ask for proof ...so that's what you get and whinge about it when I do it......I mean what do you want from me?
I answer all your questions as well as I can....you can't answer mine as it shows you to be what you are ...a bloke with not too many morals........so be it ,if I remember right you had kids were worried about them being exposed to people who were responsible for gender/gay vilification?
Just wonder if your kids would find it funny their Grandmother could be fucked by the Devil and use the ol Chestnut ' yeah but that's humour?".....
So where does it stop .....where is your moral compass?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

udo wrote:

if I remember right you had kids were worried about them being exposed to people who were responsible for gender/gay vilification?

You don’t remember right. In fact, you get fuck all right most of the time.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 9:05am

Billy says fuck a lot- should he be cancelled?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 9:08am

Can we all just cool it?

Round and round, nothing gets resolved. The only certainty is making yourselves more uptight.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 9:23am

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:00am

OK Stu......you can't resolve what we are talking about.........it just seems Ok to vilify here on SN...all I am doing is pointing out if you say something well lets talk about it.....humour jokes.....each to his own.........all good Stu...I'll pull the plug!

stunet wrote:

Can we all just cool it?

Round and round, nothing gets resolved. The only certainty is making yourselves more uptight.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:04am

Brutus upset about the devil rooting someone’s mum, yet keeps forgetting the devil isn’t real.

But hey if my mum chose to root the imaginary fire breather then good luck to her

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:15am
brutus wrote:

OK Stu......you can't resolve what we are talking about.........it just seems Ok to vilify here on SN...all I am doing is pointing out if you say something well lets talk about it.....humour jokes.....each to his own.........all good Stu...I'll pull the plug!

stunet wrote:

Can we all just cool it?

TBH, it ain't you so much, Brutus. Though I don't agree with some of the things you write, I appreciate you do so in good faith.

It's not for me, but I can see people enjoy a good theology stoush, but all punters need to front up with modesty, tolerance, and preferably, some humour. That hasn't necessarily been the case here.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 1:05pm

Hey Brutus Why would God bother to create mankind if he knew the majority of us would end up in hell?
And is there any crazy animals in hell? I want to see a fire breathing Bali monkey stealing the devils pitch fork

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 4:56pm

Has anyone watched the Netflix documentary series Wild Wild Country?

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Wednesday, 13 Apr 2022 at 1:55pm

in case anyone is interested...Theist and Atheist Arguments in Indian Philosophy
-------
Dear Colleague,

You are invited to participate in the next session of the Logic and Religion Webinar Series which will be held on April 14, 2022, at 4pm CET with the topic:

Theist and Atheist Arguments in Indian Philosophy
Speaker: Sachchidanand Mishra (Benares Hindu University, India)
Chair: Agnieszka Rostalska (Ghent University, Belgium)

Please register in advance!
https://www.logicandreligion.com/webinars

Abstract: For a long time, philosophers have been proposing arguments to prove or to deny the existence of God. This attitude can be witnessed in western philosophy as well as in Indian Philosophy. In Indian philosophy, the theist arguments are put forward mainly by the Nyāya Vaiśeṣika school. Only a few arguments are proposed by the Yoga Philosophers. But if there is a debate between the theist and atheist, the onus is on the theist to prove God's existence. The atheist only has to show that the arguments are not capable of proving the existence of God conclusively. This is the dominant attitude in Indian Philosophy. The Cārvāka, the Buddhists, the Jainas, the Sāṅkhyas, and even the Mīmāṁsakas and the Vedāntins have put forward atheist arguments to prove the incapability of the theist arguments in proving the existence of God. In this webinar, I would try to evaluate the arguments from both sides as presented by Indian philosophers.

With best wishes,

Francisco de Assis Mariano
The University of Missouri-Columbia
LARA Secretary

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 13 Apr 2022 at 8:29pm

Any chance this god lady can perform a miracle and change covid back into the common cold as it was known in early 2019?

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Wednesday, 13 Apr 2022 at 9:47pm

No this is women's duty "Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Saviour."
Ephesians 5: 22-23

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 13 Apr 2022 at 10:06pm

06-C16-D17-4-C53-4-F7-D-90-C3-BA2-FBDCFB5-A3

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Wednesday, 13 Apr 2022 at 10:27pm

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness I permit no woman to teach or have authority over a man; rather, she is to remain silent."
1 Timothy 2: 11-12

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 4:15am

Ha Ha …good to see you reading so much bible twisted…Don’t forget you have to place yourself into the era when reading so you can get the context of the verse. Picture yourself right there thousands of years ago and living in those societies. Download the free Chosen App and watch the series free and you will get a historic feel for when the texts were written. Also you can google bible commentary on every verse in the bible now to give a broader view.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 6:02am
Optimist wrote:

Ha Ha …good to see you reading so much bible twisted…Don’t forget you have to place yourself into the era when reading so you can get the context of the verse. Picture yourself right there thousands of years ago and living in those societies. Download the free Chosen App and watch the series free and you will get a historic feel for when the texts were written. Also you can google bible commentary on every verse in the bible now to give a broader view.

So you want everyone to ride very old single fins, no leashes or wetsuits?

I’m placing myself in 2022 where we have realised the bible is just………. A book

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 1:54pm

Just proves the accuracy of the Bible:
"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 4:42pm

You are barking, mate.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 4:54pm

@TwsitedDrifter

Maybe Optimist an confirm, but my understanding is the new testament kind of re writes the rules over old testament, hence why they dont still believe/follow an eye for an eye etc

Not exactly sure why it's all keep though?

Not my thing but at least Christianity has some kind of reform though, Islam and the Korean doesn't.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 5:12pm

If the old bible was wrong where did they get the second one from? when is the third being released?

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Thursday, 14 Apr 2022 at 6:09pm

If Jesus believed in the old testament that's good enough for me.
That is proof of it's accuracy. But his own kind killed him- the Jews, they should be wiped out for what they did to him. Im surprised God hasn't sent down flames from heaven and plagues of locusts to destroy Jewish people.
Yet they control the world and control Hollywood.