All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 10:56am

Feel free , to at least try and answer, brutus.

I would love to read what you actually think.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 11:26am

GS ......I'll answer this one...https://raymundtamayo.com/theology/who-translated-the-bible-into-latin-f...

GuySmiley wrote:
Optimist wrote:

Originally, the Old Testament was written in Hebrew and the New Testament in Greek which was the language of the day just as English is now the global language. Everyone spoke Greek and some their own language as well. The bible was then translated into English and obviously in Latin by the romans….

So Hebrew and Greek into Latin by the Romans (who precisely?) and then scholars at the Vatican would have edited/refined (nothing wrong with that) and then into English (again nothing wrong with any of that) but why the insistence on the literal meaning of the written word??

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 11:31am

Roadkill , what doesn't satisfy you about my answer?

it's quite a silly question , like the chicken before the egg , or the egg before the chicken....I believe what is written in Genesis ....God created the Universe and man........so what do you believe happened...a big bang?

Roadkill wrote:

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 11:47am

Flat Earth

Isaiah 40:22 ESV /

It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;
Revelation 7:1 ESV / 843 helpful votes

After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.
Psalm 104:5 ESV / 751 helpful votes

He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved.
Job 26:7 ESV / 721 helpful votes

He stretches out the north over the void and hangs the earth on nothing.
Matthew 4:8 ESV / 711 helpful votes

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
Psalm 93:1 ESV / 703 helpful votes

The Lord reigns; he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed; he has put on strength as his belt. Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.
1 Chronicles 16:30 ESV / 695 helpful votes

Tremble before him, all the earth; yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.
Job 37:18 ESV / 650 helpful votes

Can you, like him, spread out the skies, hard as a cast metal mirror?
Isaiah 11:12 ESV / 588 helpful votes

He will raise a signal for the nations and will assemble the banished of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
1 Samuel 2:8 ESV / 586 helpful votes

He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and on them he has set the world.
Proverbs 8:27 ESV / 526 helpful votes

When he established the heavens, I was there; when he drew a circle on the face of the deep,
Psalm 19:1 ESV / 514 helpful votes

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Isaiah 48:13 ESV / 512 helpful votes

My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together.
Job 37:3 ESV / 482 helpful votes

Under the whole heaven he lets it go, and his lightning to the corners of the earth.
Psalm 96:10 ESV / 475 helpful votes

Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns! Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity.”
Isaiah 45:12 ESV / 448 helpful votes

I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.
Revelation 1:7 ESV / 437 helpful votes

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
Job 28:24 ESV / 434 helpful votes

For he looks to the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.
Psalm 75:3 ESV / 431 helpful votes

When the earth totters, and all its inhabitants, it is I who keep steady its pillars. Selah
Job 9:8 ESV / 420 helpful votes

Who alone stretched out the heavens and trampled the waves of the sea;
Job 9:6 ESV / 414 helpful votes

Who shakes the earth out of its place, and its pillars tremble;
Isaiah 44:24 ESV / 410 helpful votes

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,
Job 38:13 ESV / 408 helpful votes

That it might take hold of the skirts of the earth, and the wicked be shaken out of it?
Job 26:10 ESV / 406 helpful votes

He has inscribed a circle on the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness.
Genesis 1:1-31 ESV / 404 helpful votes

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. ...
Psalm 102:25 ESV / 403 helpful votes

Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.
Job 22:14 ESV / 403 helpful votes

Thick clouds veil him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the vault of heaven.’
Isaiah 45:18 ESV / 384 helpful votes

For thus says the Lord, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited!): “I am the Lord, and there is no other.
Ecclesiastes 1:5 ESV / 384 helpful votes

The sun rises, and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises.
Job 38:4 ESV / 366 helpful votes

“Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
2 Samuel 22:16 ESV / 365 helpful votes

Then the channels of the sea were seen; the foundations of the world were laid bare, at the rebuke of the Lord, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.
Genesis 1:14 ESV / 361 helpful votes

And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years,
Genesis 1:2 ESV / 360 helpful votes

The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
Daniel 4:11 ESV / 350 helpful votes

The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth.
Genesis 7:11 ESV / 350 helpful votes

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.
Ezekiel 10:1 ESV / 347 helpful votes

Then I looked, and behold, on the expanse that was over the heads of the cherubim there appeared above them something like a sapphire, in appearance like a throne.
Matthew 24:29 ESV / 336 helpful votes

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Amos 9:6 ESV / 336 helpful votes

Who builds his upper chambers in the heavens and founds his vault upon the earth; who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out upon the surface of the earth— the Lord is his name.
Isaiah 66:1 ESV / 325 helpful votes

Thus says the Lord: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest?
Psalm 18:15 ESV / 323 helpful votes

Then the channels of the sea were seen, and the foundations of the world were laid bare at your rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of your nostrils.
Genesis 8:2 ESV / 321 helpful votes

The fountains of the deep and the windows of the heavens were closed, the rain from the heavens was restrained,
Revelation 20:8 ESV / 318 helpful votes

And will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.
Habakkuk 3:11 ESV / 309 helpful votes

The sun and moon stood still in their place at the light of your arrows as they sped, at the flash of your glittering spear.
Joshua 10:13 ESV / 296 helpful votes

And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stopped in the midst of heaven and did not hurry to set for about a whole day.
Genesis 1:1 ESV / 288 helpful votes

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
Psalm 148:4 ESV / 286 helpful votes

Praise him, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens!
Genesis 1:6 ESV / 281 helpful votes

And God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”
Ezekiel 1:22-26 ESV / 278 helpful votes

Over the heads of the living creatures there was the likeness of an expanse, shining like awe-inspiring crystal, spread out above their heads. And under the expanse their wings were stretched out straight, one toward another. And each creature had two wings covering its body. And when they went, I heard the sound of their wings like the sound of many waters, like the sound of the Almighty, a sound of tumult like the sound of an army. When they stood still, they let down their wings. And there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads. When they stood still, they let down their wings. And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance.
Isaiah 43:6 ESV / 276 helpful votes

I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth,
Proverbs 8:29 ESV / 273 helpful votes

When he assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out the foundations of the earth,
Genesis 1:20 ESV / 266 helpful votes

And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.”
Daniel 4:10-11 ESV / 259 helpful votes

The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth, and its height was great. The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth.
Psalm 136:6 ESV / 255 helpful votes

To him who spread out the earth above the waters, for his steadfast love endures forever;
Joshua 10:12 ESV / 250 helpful votes

At that time Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, “Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.”
Isaiah 24:18 ESV / 240 helpful votes

He who flees at the sound of the terror shall fall into the pit, and he who climbs out of the pit shall be caught in the snare. For the windows of heaven are opened, and the foundations of the earth tremble.
Jeremiah 51:16 ESV / 237 helpful votes

When he utters his voice there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, and he makes the mist rise from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his storehouses.
Isaiah 38:8 ESV / 236 helpful votes

Behold, I will make the shadow cast by the declining sun on the dial of Ahaz turn back ten steps.” So the sun turned back on the dial the ten steps by which it had declined.
Psalm 19:4-6 ESV / 234 helpful votes

Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat.
Proverbs 30:4 ESV / 230 helpful votes

Who has ascended to heaven and come down? Who has gathered the wind in his fists? Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name? Surely you know!
Psalm 98:3 ESV / 229 helpful votes

He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness to the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
Isaiah 45:22 ESV / 228 helpful votes

“Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
Revelation 6:13 ESV / 227 helpful votes

And the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.
Ezekiel 1:26 ESV / 226 helpful votes

And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance.
Isaiah 42:5 ESV / 226 helpful votes

Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:
Daniel 4:20 ESV / 225 helpful votes

The tree you saw, which grew and became strong, so that its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth,
Isaiah 13:13 ESV / 225 helpful votes

Therefore I will make the heavens tremble, and the earth will be shaken out of its place, at the wrath of the Lord of hosts in the day of his fierce anger.
Psalm 67:7 ESV / 224 helpful votes

God shall bless us; let all the ends of the earth fear him!
Deuteronomy 28:64 ESV / 216 helpful votes

“And the Lord will scatter you among all peoples, from one end of the earth to the other, and there you shall serve other gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your fathers have known.
Genesis 1:9 ESV / 213 helpful votes

And God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear.” And it was so.
Jeremiah 16:19 ESV / 210 helpful votes

O Lord, my strength and my stronghold, my refuge in the day of trouble, to you shall the nations come from the ends of the earth and say: “Our fathers have inherited nothing but lies, worthless things in which there is no profit.
Isaiah 22:18 ESV / 210 helpful votes

And whirl you around and around, and throw you like a ball into a wide land. There you shall die, and there shall be your glorious chariots, you shame of your master's house.
Matthew 24:31 ESV / 205 helpful votes

And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
2 Peter 3:5 ESV / 202 helpful votes

For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God,
John 17:24 ESV / 201 helpful votes

Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
2 Samuel 22:8 ESV / 200 helpful votes

“Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations of the heavens trembled and quaked, because he was angry.
Revelation 4:6 ESV / 199 helpful votes

And before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal. And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind:
Daniel 8:10 ESV / 197 helpful votes

It grew great, even to the host of heaven. And some of the host and some of the stars it threw down to the ground and trampled on them.
Luke 4:5 ESV / 195 helpful votes

And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time,
Psalm 104:2 ESV / 193 helpful votes

Covering yourself with light as with a garment, stretching out the heavens like a tent.
Psalm 59:13 ESV / 192 helpful votes

Consume them in wrath; consume them till they are no more, that they may know that God rules over Jacob to the ends of the earth. Selah
Psalm 19:4 ESV / 190 helpful votes

Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun,
Job 38:7 ESV / 186 helpful votes

When the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
1 Samuel 2:10 ESV / 183 helpful votes

The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces; against them he will thunder in heaven. The Lord will judge the ends of the earth; he will give strength to his king and exalt the power of his anointed.”
Daniel 4:10 ESV / 182 helpful votes

The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth, and its height was great.
Ezekiel 32:7 ESV / 182 helpful votes

When I blot you out, I will cover the heavens and make their stars dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give its light.
Psalm 104:1 ESV / 180 helpful votes

Bless the Lord, O my soul! O Lord my God, you are very great! You are clothed with splendor and majesty,
Job 22:12 ESV / 180 helpful votes

“Is not God high in the heavens? See the highest stars, how lofty they are!
Genesis 1:16 ESV / 179 helpful votes

And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.
Genesis 1:8 ESV / 178 helpful votes

And God called the expanse Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day.
Psalm 61:2 ESV / 177 helpful votes

From the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I,
Daniel 12:3 ESV / 175 helpful votes

And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
Song of Solomon 8:1-14 ESV / 175 helpful votes

Oh that you were like a brother to me who nursed at my mother's breasts! If I found you outside, I would kiss you, and none would despise me. I would lead you and bring you into the house of my mother— she who used to teach me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, the juice of my pomegranate. His left hand is under my head, and his right hand embraces me! I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that you not stir up or awaken love until it pleases. Who is that coming up from the wilderness, leaning on her beloved? Under the apple tree I awakened you. There your mother was in labor with you; there she who bore you was in labor. ...
Psalm 65:5 ESV / 173 helpful votes

By awesome deeds you answer us with righteousness, O God of our salvation, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas;
Genesis 1:10 ESV / 170 helpful votes

God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
Zechariah 1:11 ESV / 168 helpful votes

And they answered the angel of the Lord who was standing among the myrtle trees, and said, ‘We have patrolled the earth, and behold, all the earth remains at rest.’
Jonah 2:6 ESV / 167 helpful votes

At the roots of the mountains. I went down to the land whose bars closed upon me forever; yet you brought up my life from the pit, O Lord my God.
Psalm 150:1 ESV / 167 helpful votes

Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens!
Psalm 136:7 ESV / 165 helpful votes

To him who made the great lights, for his steadfast love endures forever;
Job 38:1 ESV / 164 helpful votes

Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said:
Psalm 96:9 ESV / 162 helpful votes
Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness; tremble before him, all the earth!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 12:14pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill , what doesn't satisfy you about my answer?

it's quite a silly question , like the chicken before the egg , or the egg before the chicken....I believe what is written in Genesis ....God created the Universe and man........so what do you believe happened...a big bang?

Roadkill wrote:

You didn't answer....you obfisicated instead. It is not a silly question really....saying it is silly is just an easy way to ignore answering.

you believe, your god is a belief..thus if you were gone and all other humans were gone....who does the believing? What then gives credibility to god?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 12:25pm

I believe in evolution...further than that, as in where did life/earth begin? I don't know and I can't get my head around the beginings of everything.

Creating something out of nothing...is beyond my comprehension.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 12:40pm

so where did it all start and how?

I am still not sure about your belief question....I think you want me to say," with no humans to believe there can't be a God?.......

Roadkill wrote:

I believe in evolution...further than that, as in where did life/earth begin? I don't know and I can't get my head around the beginings of everything.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 12:46pm
brutus wrote:

I am still not sure about your belief question....I think you want me to say," with no humans to believe there can't be a God?.......

Roadkill wrote:

Well, that is the only answer that can be true...that is why you won't answer it...to answer it is to admit god is nothing but a belief made up by humans.

TBH...it is not a bad thing...it is acknowledging god is only for believers.

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 1:05pm

Groundy that just proves the Earth is flat, there are more verses in the bible as late as Matthew in the new testament saying he saw all corners of the earth on hi hike up a mountain while talking to God.

There are only a few verses saying the Earth is a sphere in fact i cant think of any.
Gravity is a myth The Earth being a sphere is a myth.The bible proves this.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 1:22pm

Roadkill , we all faith in something....and I have faith God was here before man.....what do you have faith in?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

Well, that is the only answer that can be true...that is why you won't answer it...to answer it is to admit god is nothing but a belief made up by humans.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 1:27pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill , we all faith in something....and I have faith God was here before man.....what do you have faith in?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

I believe in evolution and science

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 1:26pm

brutus, imagine if covid had 100% mortality and every human in the world got it and died. The human race was wiped out. Only some animals remain.

Would god create humans again?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 1:34pm

all well and good but my point is why the “godly” emphasis on the written word when clearly “mans” fingerprints are all over it?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 2:27pm

So what does science say about the beginning of the Universe?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

I believe in evolution and science

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 2:29pm

I believe if that happened it would be Gods decision.....but as you would know there is a judgment day coming , when Jesus will return!

Roadkill wrote:

brutus, imagine if covid had 100% mortality and every human in the world got it and died. The human race was wiped out. Only some animals remain.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 2:41pm

faith is belief without reason.

discussing religion with someone who is avowedly not open to reason is a complete and utter waste of time.
as Berkeley said: "think with the learned, speak with the vulgar".

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 3:03pm
chook wrote:

discussing religion with someone who is avowedly not open to reason is a complete and utter waste of time.

brutus proves that. A closed indoctrinated mind...never an individual thought left in his head...same goes for optimist.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 3:07pm
brutus wrote:

I believe if that happened it would be Gods decision.....but as you would know there is a judgment day coming , when Jesus will return!

Roadkill wrote:

"but as you would know there is a judgment day coming , when Jesus will return!"

Nope, that is only for the delusional indoctrinated believers, there is no judgement day coming for the rest of us.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 3:45pm

Chook, even if you are an atheist and do not believe in any God or Gods you must have faith in there being no God/s as you cannot prove there is no God!

chook wrote:

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 4:21pm
brutus wrote:

Chook, even if you are an atheist and do not believe in any God or Gods you must have faith in there being no God/s as you cannot prove there is no God!

brutus, is fight back to beat optimist in the stupidest things said on SN comp

chook wrote:

brutus, is fighting back to beat optimist in the stupidest things said on SN comp

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 4:11pm

Roadkill , sounds like you have been indoctrinated against the idea of being a higher power than man?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

"but as you would know there is a judgment day coming , when Jesus will return!"

Nope, that is only for the delusional indoctrinated believers, there is no judgement day coming for the rest of us.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 4:17pm
brutus wrote:

Thermal Ben......has he raised funds/used his false Christianity in business ?

How many people bought his boards because they thought it was a Christian business , but more importantly how many people did he convert to Christianity , people who believed in him?

thermalben wrote:
brutus wrote:

wow poor bastard he must really be in sad place right now....I wonder what repercussions could come his way?

Repercussions? Can you elaborate?

All fair points.

Just curious though, why would you buy a board from a Christian shaper? I thought most surfers would choose on the merits of their shaping skills, rather than the god they believe in.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 4:22pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill , sounds like you have been indoctrinated against the idea of being a higher power than man?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

What? I have no idea what you mean here?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 4:26pm

Thermalben......if you saw some of the right wing religious Zealots that exist out there......we see them mostly in the USA, they exist here , but not as rad as in the USA......Imagine some gun toting White evangelist who saw Nev....damn red hair and all ...????

thermalben wrote:
brutus wrote:

Thermal Ben......has he raised funds/used his false Christianity in business ?

How many people bought his boards because they thought it was a Christian business , but more importantly how many people did he convert to Christianity , people who believed in him?

thermalben wrote:
brutus wrote:

wow poor bastard he must really be in sad place right now....I wonder what repercussions could come his way?

Repercussions? Can you elaborate?

All fair points.

Just curious though, why would you buy a board from a Christian shaper? I thought most surfers would choose on the merits of their shaping skills, rather than the god they believe in.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 4:28pm

Roadkill , you seem so certain that I have been indoctrinated , from my perspective it looks like you have been indoctrinated against the idea of Higher power than man....called a God!

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:

What? I have no idea what you mean here?

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 4:43pm

Your perspective is off the charts Brutus.
Get some real help…

Emphasis on ‘real’ help ;)
Get outta this matrix you have created…
Get out there and do something other than goin on an ‘all things religion’ thread and trying to hijack it with exclamations of Jesus returning …
That is not ALL things religion ;)

Surely you prefer public meltdowns in an environment where ppl can actually contribute… wait for it…

Feedback.

Oh. That would require listening ;)

But wait - you would rather try dominate everyone with outlandish and insane proclamations of how your version of life and god and the bible is absolute! …It’s getting a bit sad now ;)

But carry on ;);)

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 5:18pm

Your contributions to the conversation and debate Jelly….oh yeh that’s right …nothing….oh and my crazy future monetary theories you mock…better check the price of the Ruble…it’s going up fast...and I wrote that before there was a war….oh gee and China has its own crypto now too and a quantum…perhaps if all the so called bad guys and Europe get together and create a new currency to compete with the US dollar and create a new standard, I may not look like such a silly man after all…..especially if they all go cashless…there’s trouble on the horizon especially for the US…bond market crash?….unavoidable with a man like Biden wrecking the world….deliberate ?…or not?….nah just a conspiracy theory….we will see….now he goes after Putin’s kids as well ….attack the children for the fathers sins?….what about Hunter.?…little Joe…good thing the shoes not on the other foot.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 5:18pm

Even relgious people are agnostic in truth. As nobody really knows whether there is a creator or not. Atheists dont know but they say probably god doesn't exist but are slightly agnostic as they would believe in God if Jesus came back and performed miracles in front of them.
Religious people are agnostic as they dont really know. They might have faith but they dont really know.

No twisted you troll the earth isnt flat and i doubt Jesus will ever come back but if he did he probably would be sent to the psych ward. There are way too many reasons not to believe in God but any atheist would believe in God if there was irrefutable proof or some miracles performed. Strange how there were so many miracles performed 2000-3000 years ago but none now.

Atheists dont believe in one less god than you Brutus you don't believe in thousands of Gods.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 5:30pm

Haha floptimist ;);)
You really can’t help yaself!

Off you go ;) Up ya wormhole ;);)
Weeeeeeeeeee!

And in your words… the almighty flopti ;)

…‘I may not look like such a silly man after all’

Well …we’ll see won’t we ;);)
And it’s not so much about what you may look like - it’s more about what you actually are ;)

A pretender.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 5:36pm

Jelly...thankyou for your concern for my wellbeing , as I am concerned for people's spirituality.

My perspective is a Christian one , whereas yours is not sure?

I have help and am not hijacking the "all things religion thread "....you keep answering and asking questions which I am all too willing to provide, what amazes me is how you like to come on and chit chat/feedback.....so try doing that tell me what you believe in and lets discuss , what's your relgion....mother nature /the Universe/atheist/buddha ???

The sad thing is you don't really offer anything , just criticism....

Jelly Flater wrote:

Your perspective is off the charts Brutus.
Get some real help…

Emphasis on ‘real’ help ;)
Get outta this matrix you have created…
Get out there and do something other than goin on an ‘all things religion’ thread and trying to hijack it with exclamations of Jesus returning …
That is not ALL things religion ;)

Surely you prefer public meltdowns in an environment where ppl can actually contribute… wait for it…

Feedback.

Oh. That would require listening ;)

But wait - you would rather try dominate everyone with outlandish and insane proclamations of how your version of life and god and the bible is absolute! …It’s getting a bit sad now ;)

But carry on ;);)

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 5:46pm

GS , you have to have faith somewhere in your life , so someone like me choses Christianity....OK lets go a little deeper here...." Knowledge in Greek has 2 distinct different meanings. One Gonosis which pertains to intellectual /cognitive knowledge. Ginosko means knowledge thru experience " In true Christian faith you need both.....Gnosis to keep us on the right path and show us the way. Ginosko to validate the journey and deepen the relationship."
I have seen miracles and my personal life is now a lot more peaceful joyful....anger going going gone....so I have faith !!

groundswell wrote:

Even relgious people are agnostic in truth. As nobody really knows whether there is a creator or not. Atheists dont know but they say probably god doesn't exist but are slightly agnostic as they would believe in God if Jesus came back and performed miracles in front of them.
Religious people are agnostic as they dont really know. They might have faith but they dont really know.

No twisted you troll the earth isnt flat and i doubt Jesus will ever come back but if he did he probably would be sent to the psych ward. There are way too many reasons not to believe in God but any atheist would believe in God if there was irrefutable proof or some miracles performed. Strange how there were so many miracles performed 2000-3000 years ago but none now.

Atheists dont believe in one less god than you Brutus you don't believe in thousands of Gods.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 6:07pm

Brutus and flopti I’ve contributed. No doubt…. Offered suggestions and constructive criticism too ;)

Not sure if you can understand that my perspective is a human one. No fancy labels, no identification with particular belief systems or idolisation of imaginary supernatural events or godly powers. I appreciate debate and honest feedback, I encourage openness and a willingness to consider things equally.

The bias you guys possess is dangerous and actually divisive. The sense of imagined authority and perceived divine inspiration is simply obnoxious and supremely fantastical ;)

So… as you tend to repeat ya selves …
Here… a contribution.
In case you missed it first go ;)
Enjoy…

- The obvious and glaring bias from christians makes sense here in the west simply due to cultural imprints. Religious beliefs are born from hearsay and speculation - it is how the individual chooses to align their personal condition with fantastical and other worldly stories from scriptures. The common thread of religion is in the implementation of an ‘insanity blocker’ by believers in order for them to (in their own mind) make sense of their perspective on reality…

Notice how in the instance of ppl such as brutus or floptimist (and many fervent ‘translators’ of religious texts) that there is a self appointed mechanism of supposed superiority and reason. Yet to anyone else it is insanity ;);)

Now, I’m not suggesting straight out insanity - pls do scroll back to the early pages of this thread to get flopti’s version of heaven and revelations etc for a good laugh tho!! I am suggesting, in brutus’ case anyway, that religious belief and interpretation is born from and exhibited through confusion and a perception of ‘life’ that does not align with reality. Hence the heavy reliance on ‘god’ to do the explaining ;)

If I can categorically state something which is not true yet truly believe it beyond all reason and factual evidence and then somehow pretend I am stating facts due to what I’ve read or seen - then that provides a powerful impetus and empowers one to feel more confident and happy about things in general. This can work for anyone bouncing back from hardship - whether it be years of drug abuse or encountering sickness etc or whatever… So, religion can serve a purpose when you are lost. It helps ppl make sense of and understand what they clearly don’t - about themselves personally and the outside world.

Just remember tho. This thread is ALL things religion ;) Strange that it keeps coming back to some Christian soapbox event with wild claims of ‘only jesus… only one god etc’

Christianity has borrowed and plagiarised already existing religious doctrine and pagan celebrations in order to gain/enforce popularity and mainstream acceptance. The historical ‘facts’ of the implementation of Christianity are steeped in genocide, torture, rape, slavery and colonial invasion. These are FACTS. Yet any good ol internet preacher still wishes to bypass this reality and pretend to focus on a book which is simply the greatest fairy tale ever invented. If you wish to take it literally and pretend you have some divinely appropriated take on life then do it - but pls realise it is not the ‘only’ way. The arrogance and posturing and inability to answer questions directly and honestly just reflects how religious ppl are purely dependent on second hand ‘information’ and rely on other sources as a means to do their explaining. It’s a juvenile and flawed way to think you have something profound to offer. Your direct experience of things are a much clearer and useful means of expression. This burns away the falsehood, exaggerations, fantasies and outright lies ;)

It’s no different to car ppl squabbling over Ford and Holden ;);)
I mean, some ppl swear on one - and some are only true to the other…
Some really need that car to get somewhere! Sometimes it gets u there and sometimes it doesn’t ;) Sometimes u get there super quick and sometimes you won’t ever arrive due to the car being faulty or outside conditions that affect it ;)
Sometimes ppl can’t even drive! ;)
Some chose not to and that is their choice too ;)

And some ppl don’t even need cars ;)
Some don’t even want them coz they may use alternate means ;)
Some ppl modify their cars and brands and colours to suit their purpose ;)

Some ppl also realise it’s not about the car or the brand or the colour.
Even if some of those cars seem to be divinely inspired!

But, like religions… they’re man made ;)
Every now and then someone invents a new one too!

And… I’m guessing some people place particular importance or existential value on their ‘car’ …

- I’m also guessing tho… somebody gotta b in the driver’s seat ;)

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 6:09pm

Can you share your Miracles with us Brutus ?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 6:09pm
brutus wrote:

GS , you have to have faith somewhere in your life , so someone like me choses Christianity....OK lets go a little deeper here...." Knowledge in Greek has 2 distinct different meanings. One Gonosis which pertains to intellectual /cognitive knowledge. Ginosko means knowledge thru experience " In true Christian faith you need both.....Gnosis to keep us on the right path and show us the way. Ginosko to validate the journey and deepen the relationship."
I have seen miracles and my personal life is now a lot more peaceful joyful....anger going going gone....so I have faith !!

groundswell wrote:

What are the miracles you have seen, brutus?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 6:19pm

You guys haven’t been paying attention to Brutus posts in the past….he was healed from cancer as was I…terminal mine was…years of my beloved smokes……and jelly …..My mistake…your an angry man with nothin.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 6:22pm
brutus wrote:

Thermalben......if you saw some of the right wing religious Zealots that exist out there......we see them mostly in the USA, they exist here , but not as rad as in the USA......Imagine some gun toting White evangelist who saw Nev....damn red hair and all ...????

thermalben wrote:

"I said I wanted a SINGLE TO DOUBLE concave, Nev, with a SWALLOWTAIL. But you heathen rangas seem to think that these SINGLE concaves with a SQUARETAIL will do the job. You're wrong! I want my money back".

Something along those lines?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 6:59pm

My heroes are Jesus and Al Merrick….one gives the insight and the other receives it to make an art form that inspired many…….both are connected to God most high.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 7:02pm
Optimist wrote:

You guys haven’t been paying attention to Brutus posts in the past….he was healed from cancer as was I…terminal mine was…years of my beloved smokes……and jelly …..My mistake…your an angry man with nothin.

Medical science and a highly trained oncologist and a health system jointly funding treatment costs was responsible for my wife beating cancer. It wasn’t a miracle.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 7:02pm

groundswell wrote:

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 7:04pm

Christians use the health system and medical sciences here in Australia…and leave thanking god…whilst ignoring reality. God has nothing to do with beating cancer.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 7:15pm

Jelly ...when you say ," The obvious and glaring bias from christians makes sense here in the west simply due to cultural imprints. Religious beliefs are born from hearsay and speculation - it is how the individual chooses to align their personal condition with fantastical and other worldly stories from scriptures.".......

well I have posted and can post that the whole premise of your rant is flawed as it's not hearsay and speculation ...there is archaeological proof and also enough proof that Jesus existed ...but you refuse to read/educate yourself on the reality's and the logic.......that some of the greatest intellects/scholars have accepted.......so you seem hellbent on trying to disprove what is accepted as fact.....that's your problem !!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 7:19pm

Thermalben.....nah not at all that's just all shapers,LOL!

Imagine if a Christian white evangelist bought a board off Nev believing he was supporting Christ centred surfboard Co , and then found out he was conned...Mr CWE could think he was the devil and stick a shotgun in Nevs mouth and rid the world of a demon!

thermalben wrote:
brutus wrote:

thermalben wrote:

"I said I wanted a SINGLE TO DOUBLE concave, Nev, with a SWALLOWTAIL. But you heathen rangas seem to think that these SINGLE concaves with a SQUARETAIL will do the job. You're wrong! I want my money back".

Something along those lines?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 7:19pm

Still waiting on these miracles you have witnessed, brutus?

Or are you just spouting bs as usual?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 7:21pm

you know my story , stop trolling!

udo wrote:

Can you share your Miracles with us Brutus ?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 7:29pm

Roadkill , now spouting BS as usual.....really......I was going to answer like I have before.....but no sense talking to you anymore....you have already judged me , and just seem to keep trolling me....with insults and derision...you don't read or listen.....enuff already!

Roadkill wrote:

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 7:32pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill , now spouting BS as usual.....really......I was going to answer like I have before.....but no sense talking to you anymore....you have already judged me , and just seem to keep trolling me....with insults and derision...you don't read or listen.....enuff already!

Roadkill wrote:

So, that is no miracles to show?

No surprise, full of talk…blah blah blah miracle, miracle, miracle. Yada yada yada.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 7:33pm

Brutus you are missing some brain cells ;)

Go back and re read this whole thread ;) I’ve clearly explained I don’t dispute the existence of Jesus …

I have also repeatedly directly challenged and questioned you and flopti’s unfounded assertions, ideas and predictions and asked you to consider if any of it is real. Do you get that ? ;);)

You’re both living off the remnants of long gone events and are trying to educate others on the absolute relevance of this to their lives ! Give us a farkn break ;);)

There is no anger here. You guys are providing nothing other than unhinged interpretations of christian religious ideology and scripture and passing it off as factual. It’s not. Everything is a second/third/fourth/fifth hand account of reality that has been bent, regurgitated, manipulated, repackaged, refined and resold as divine law.

So…
Can you explain the archaeological factual evidence of dinosaurs please and provide the spiritual explanation for the reason that these creatures existed and can you please explain why god created them ?

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 8:10pm

This is something I’ve noticed Brutus saying a lot through this thread. That there is enough evidence that Jesus existed.
No one is suggesting he didn’t exist. He was a historical figure. It’s the ‘Son of God’ bit that’s in question.
People are debating whether (your) God exists or not. Not Jesus

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 8:20pm

Hey Brutus. You asked me a question a coupla days ago, but i haven't been near a computer since then til now. I apologize for delayed response. It is fair enough to say that i "outgrew" Catholicism, i spose. I like all the spiritual stuff and little of the dogma. I would say that what happened with me is that i found the power in the phrase "i don't know." It's very useful across the board, i have found. That sounds flippant, but i am being sincere. With regards to God, i like the way the 12 step programs treat it. Higher Power. Or Power Greater Than Myself. For starters, it's obvious there is a higher power. I can't control wind, weather and tide. And then it promotes my humility (whatever i have scraped together of it that particular day.) Some will try to explain this higher power with scientific jargon and say that wind, weather and tide are all Nature or Science or something like that. Others will try to explain it using spiritual terms and that is when everybody has their horse they are bettin on. (Their God.) I like to leave it at "I don't know." I have found that my levels of tolerance, gratitude, and humility have increased when i can stay in that truth. I have become more interested in When rather than Who. As in, whatever connection can be had with this Power, it can only be had Now. Living in the now is impossible and so it's a lifelong journey, if that makes sense. Surfing is great exercise for those "muscles." But, in the end, whatever one believes is all good with me. Do No Harm is the only caveat. Hope you're well.

damo-b's picture
damo-b's picture
damo-b Thursday, 7 Apr 2022 at 9:49pm

I just wanted to be the 2000 and 1st person to comment. God bless.