All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 7:12pm

These guys don’t know their bible….but even they could watch the very historical chosen and learn that the past is the past, …..it’s who you are today….this very day …that matters to God…..the greatest miracle on earth is not healing the blind…the lame…the leper….it’s healing the human soul….transforming a person from who they were to who they are now ….and will become. That there is the miracle…and really it’s Gods whole reason for being interested in what He started…and …the people He desires to be with in eternity.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 7:42pm

Westbro, bro. The good lord had his way with Taylor Hawkins- https://www.godhatesfags.com/

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 8:31pm

Roadkill , not sure if you truly understand that we have due process , that works out who or what is innocent or guilty....you know it's about charges being laid by the police whether, then you go to court and a judge pronounces , not guilty or guilty....I don't have all the facts , but the fact that he resigned bad has done great harm to his Church seems to indicate where there is smoke there is fire......no hiding here or I would not have brought it up...maybe you could do some investigating and see what facts you can find??

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yeah, seem to have is being non-judgemental, as it's not been proven in a court of law or by independent investigators.....I think that you seem to have judged me based on what actual verified facts ?

“Not surprised to see this end in tears and that Brian and his dad seem to have succumbed to temptation of the flesh”

A delusional religious apologist description…..seem to have

Brutus, hiding behind not proven in court.

So, you don’t think it happened?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 8:46pm

Udo , you seem fixated on forums and especially stalking me , LOL , which is a bit sad , but when I read some of your surfboard comments /drivel and constant attacks on me ....it's really sad...you bring up a surf story hohum , trying to embarrass and discredit me (as usual) on subject that's a little bit different when we are talking about a pretty serious subject about clergymen/pastors/church founders destroying their own credibility and hurting 100's of thousands of people who believed in them...

so when you try and destroy my credibility or lack of.... by saying ,"How very Fucking Born Again of You

........are you trolling me again?

udo wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yeah, seem to have is being non-judgemental, as it's not been proven in a court of law or by independent investigators.....I think that you seem to have judged me based on what actual verified facts ?

“Not surprised to see this end in tears and that Brian and his dad seem to have succumbed to temptation of the flesh”

Brutus not proven in Court....
https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/83791
How very Fucking Born Again of You

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 8:58pm

Optimist....yeah it's sometimes hard for people who criticize you to understand where you are coming from when they have little or no knowledge of what they are talking about in relation to being born again Christian.....that's what forums do....you can have a completely unfounded opinion based on a lack of knowledge and or facts.....but they get to say it anyhow as they are anonymous and there are no consequences to silly trolling comments...then there are others who seem genuinely open to conversation.....UDo once made a comment/joke about a Minister needing a new altar boy as he kept splitting his current one.... I pulled him up on it as not being funny as there was some serious shit going down in Diocese of Ballarat....where altar boys had suicided because of of the paedophile priests etc.......ever since he's trolled and stalked me.....,that's his problem....really sad sometimes the forums and the people who seem to live here....
But I do enjoy our conversations exchanges and there are also a few others who show respect....we will continue on.....

Optimist wrote:

These guys don’t know their bible….but even they could watch the very historical chosen and learn that the past is the past, …..it’s who you are today….this very day …that matters to God…..the greatest miracle on earth is not healing the blind…the lame…the leper….it’s healing the human soul….transforming a person from who they were to who they are now ….and will become. That there is the miracle…and really it’s Gods whole reason for being interested in what He started…and …the people He desires to be with in eternity.

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 9:01pm

Does God exist if there are no humans?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 9:32pm
views from the cockpit wrote:

Off course not…because god is nothing more than made up stuff. God is as real as the tooth fairy.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 6:26am
brutus wrote:

Roadkill , not sure if you truly understand that we have due process , that works out who or what is innocent or guilty....you know it's about charges being laid by the police whether, then you go to court and a judge pronounces , not guilty or guilty....I don't have all the facts , but the fact that he resigned bad has done great harm to his Church seems to indicate where there is smoke there is fire......no hiding here or I would not have brought it up...maybe you could do some investigating and see what facts you can find??

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

brutus…didn’t happen, no conviction, thus no proof. Nothing to see here.

Also brutus…the bible, no proof needed. Hallelujah, it’s a miracle.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 8:03am

yes

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 8:13am

yes something did happen as the non independent internal reviews were enough for Brian to resign ...wait did you even read the article?

The Bible, there is ample proof ...have you read it?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 11:36am
brutus wrote:

yes something did happen as the non independent internal reviews were enough for Brian to resign ...wait did you even read the article?

The old piece of shit pedo didn’t resign, brutus. The son sacked him. You really struggle to see clearly through your happy clapping eyes.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 11:43am
brutus wrote:

yes

Religion and god is a belief, if there are no humans and god still exists who is believing in god? Nothing can’t believe in something. Animals don’t have the ability to believe. What is doing the believing?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 12:28pm

we are talking about Brian here , who resigned because of an investigation into his behaviour with women!

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

The old piece of shit pedo didn’t resign, brutus. The son sacked him. You really struggle to see clearly through your happy clapping eyes.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 12:30pm

you are quite a philosopher RK.....anything can exist without humans..

do you have any beliefs?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yes

Religion and god is a belief, if there are no humans and god still exists who is believing in god? Nothing can’t believe in something. Animals don’t have the ability to believe. What is doing the believing?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 12:50pm
brutus wrote:

do you have any beliefs?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yes

Not anything can exist without humans,. Many natural things can exists without humans. However something that humans believe, can not exist without humans. IE, religion and gods and made up stuff. It is impossible.

You didn't answer the question, brutus. How can god exist without the very thing that made it, promoted it and believed it, exist if that very thing is no more?

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 2:10pm

God exists and the Bible is the Gospel proving its accuracy .

Genisis 19

18“Oh no, my lord!” Lot begged. 19“You have been so gracious to me and saved my life, and you have shown such great kindness. But I cannot go to the mountains. Disaster would catch up to me there, and I would soon die. 20See, there is a small village nearby. Please let me go there instead; don’t you see how small it is? Then my life will be saved.”

21“All right,” the angel said, “I will grant your request. I will not destroy the little village. 22But hurry! Escape to it, for I can do nothing until you arrive there.”

23Lot reached the village just as the sun was rising over the horizon. 24Then the LORD rained down fire and burning sulfur from the sky on Sodom and Gomorrah. 25He utterly destroyed them, along with the other cities and villages of the plain, wiping out all the people and every bit of vegetation. 26But Lot’s wife looked back as she was following behind him, and she turned into a pillar of salt.

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 2:14pm

33So that night they got him drunk with wine, and the older daughter went in and had intercourse with her father. He was unaware of her lying down or getting up again.

34The next morning the older daughter said to her younger sister, “I had sex with our father last night. Let’s get him drunk with wine again tonight, and you go in and have sex with him. That way we will preserve our family line through our father.” 35So that night they got him drunk with wine again, and the younger daughter went in and had intercourse with him. As before, he was unaware of her lying down or getting up again.

36As a result, both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their own father. 37When the older daughter gave birth to a son, she named him Moab.b He became the ancestor of the nation now known as the Moabites. 38When the younger daughter gave birth to a son, she named him Ben-ammi.c He became the ancestor of the nation now known as the Ammonites.

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 3:17pm

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 3:29pm

Roadkill , lets have an even discussion what do you believe in?

In the beginning there was God and he made everything...he's called the creator.

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

do you have any beliefs?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yes

Not anything can exist without humans,. Many natural things can exists without humans. However something that humans believe, can not exist without humans. IE, religion and gods and made up stuff. It is impossible.

You didn't answer the question, brutus. How can god exist without the very thing that made it, promoted it and believed it, exist if that very thing is no more?

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 4:04pm

I think he’s saying that man created God not the other way around. Preposterous I know.

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 4:21pm

In the beginning there was a god who created another god who created the universe in the dark when there was no sun. He said let there a few planets and then let there be light and there was light. How good is that there was no light before and he made the earth in the dark.
Ofcoarse there was no time before that as time was only relevant to the sun, before that there was no time.
He then created man in his own image even though he is invisible. He spoke to people who were called priests and prophets who these days would be called schizophrenics but they wrote down the rules of the universe as told to them by god.
God in old days performed a lot more stunts than he does now, if someone these days was saying they are the messiah they would be put in a mental ward and labelled as having a god delusion.
Back then they were praised and worshiped.
This is what's wrong with the system today, Jesus might be alive and kicking today but medicated to the gills and stuck in some psych ward.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 4:34pm
brutus wrote:

In the beginning there was God and he made everything...he's called the creator.

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

do you have any beliefs?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yes

we are having a discussion, brutus, although you seem to be avoiding answering my question.

I believe everyone should be able to believe whatever they want...you can believe in god, aliens or the tooth fairy. I was dragged to church from birth until I was 16 or so(sunday school and the main). as soon as I was able to make my own choices I was gone. I realized the whole thing was based on taught thinking and relied on people not questioning what was told...blind unquestioning belief is what religion requires to grow.

Now, perhaps you could do the decent thing and answer the following question...Just for discussion and all.

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 4:47pm

The Hawaiians firstly believed captain Cook was a god and worshiped him. Within a few months they realized he was an asshole and cooked him up and ate him.

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 4:56pm

My sister went on some tour and told me years ago that she visited the site where Captain Cook was killed and cooked.According to historians he was not eaten,only Cooked?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 6:57pm

Roadkill so what do you believe in, if your upbringing turned you away from what you call religion ??

I still answer you with God can and did exist before humans , he created humans. That's my belief , based on what i have studies and learnt and what personal experiences have shown me. God created humans , as his children !

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

do you have any beliefs?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yes

we are having a discussion, brutus, although you seem to be avoiding answering my question.

I believe everyone should be able to believe whatever they want...you can believe in god, aliens or the tooth fairy. I was dragged to church from birth until I was 16 or so(sunday school and the main). as soon as I was able to make my own choices I was gone. I realized the whole thing was based on taught thinking and relied on people not questioning what was told...blind unquestioning belief is what religion requires to grow.

Now, perhaps you could do the decent thing and answer the following question...Just for discussion and all.

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 7:19pm

All those aboriginal paintings from 60 000 years ago are fake! They are put there to test our faith in the world that is only 6000 years old as proved by the bible also known as the Gospel. The proof is right in the title. It wouldn't be called Gospel if it wasn't true.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 7:25pm
brutus wrote:

Roadkill so what do you believe in, if your upbringing turned you away from what you call religion ??

I still answer you with God can and did exist before humans , he created humans. That's my belief , based on what i have studies and learnt and what personal experiences have shown me. God created humans , as his children !

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

do you have any beliefs?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yes

Forget it, brutus. You can’t talk about discussion if you can’t answer. You are so indoctrinated you lack the ability to debate….when you have to say anything other than your usual rote learned bible preaching garbage. You are just like optimist…a couple of religious parrots with very little ability to think for yourselves.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 8:01pm

haha so you can't answer what you belive in...nothing?

or ...???

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

do you have any beliefs?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yes

Forget it, brutus. You can’t talk about discussion if you can’t answer. You are so indoctrinated you lack the ability to debate….when you have to say anything other than your usual rote learned bible preaching garbage. You are just like optimist…a couple of religious parrots with very little ability to think for yourselves.

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 8:16pm

I'd say he believes in science which is ridiculous as science says there were dinosaurs 3 million years ago and paintings from aborigines from 60 000 years ago. Carbon dating showing the earths age as 4.5 billion years old.
The bible says the earth is only 6000 years old so science is a load of crap.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 8:07pm
brutus wrote:

or ...???

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

do you have any beliefs?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yes

Go back to your christian circle jerk with optimist. It’s really all you can manage. Because, you really lack a brain to think with.

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 9:37pm

More from genesis 19
1That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground. 2“My lords,” he said, “come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again.”

“Oh no,” they replied. “We’ll just spend the night out here in the city square.”

3But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate. 4But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. 5They shouted to Lot, “Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!”

6So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him. 7“Please, my brothers,” he begged, “don’t do such a wicked thing. 8Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection.”

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 9:54pm

Crazy hey. Why would they be saving someone who’s willing to give up his virgin daughters.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 10:00pm

33-F753-C1-659-B-44-BC-B1-E8-2010110682-F2

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Friday, 1 Apr 2022 at 10:15pm

We be stardust transformed into meat.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 7:57am

Pope say sorry- move on- nothing to see here- except for the graves- https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/01/world/pope-apology-indigenous-canada/...

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 8:19am

Roadkill , I ask a simple civil question , "what do you believe in?" You don't seem to be able to understand the answer I give you....then accuse and insult , I have no brain,Huh?

Roadkill it would make it easier if you could simply answer , what do you believe in , as you know what I believe in. I might be able to understand your question better if I knew where you were coming from in your beliefs ?

I mean you could be Agnostic , atheist ...???

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

or ...???

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

do you have any beliefs?

Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

yes

Go back to your christian circle jerk with optimist. It’s really all you can manage. Because, you really lack a brain to think with.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 8:29am

suchas , yes very sad , as exactly the same things happened in Australia .....colonial powers raped/massacred and tried genocide on Australia's indigenous peoples......probably better to discuss this on the other forum...the necessity of reparation for historic injustices

suchas wrote:

Pope say sorry- move on- nothing to see here- except for the graves- https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/01/world/pope-apology-indigenous-canada/...

Cockee's picture
Cockee's picture
Cockee Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 8:54am

Bugger-off seeds with your miserable crude unfunny memes.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 8:59am

No

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 9:25am
Cockee wrote:

The truth hurts for some.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 10:51am

Nothing wrong with a spirited discussion on religion , which is why balance started this thread. But just being a weird troll or picking on histories most passive visitor who claimed to be the son of God is a bit low.
The earths history is in layers, the earth itself is quite old but the civilisations are several and the current one not very old. This is also verified by using one of many population growth algorithms which also work backwards in time,…but at the end of the day, the belief in a higher power and designer is a mix of observation and faith. Not all of our quite relevant questions can be answered with the limited info we have. I have quite a few myself that I would like the chief to answer but, He comes back with “ Become as a child”…in other words, my ways and thoughts are higher than yours so like a good kid, just trust dad to sort it…

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 11:21am

Troll? Meme asks many questions really about what is written in the books within The Book. In my mind it proves it’s written by man. As mankind’s knowledge has increased about our world and universe makes the bible obsolete as it’s plainly wrong in so many ways. Weird troll? The bible is weird.
Look at Lot as mentioned above. Later he goes on to sleep with his daughters. Oh that’s right his daughters got him drunk and slept with him. Poor old innocent Lot. Was it then the offspring went onto start different nations or something? Is this supposed to be metaphorical? Fucken pretty weird metaphor for the book of god. Lot is as sinful as the Sodomites. Why would anyone try to make sense of this nonsense. And I’m not making fun of Jesus. He was obviously a righteous dude. But the Messiah. Yeah nah. Interesting you said Optimist “ passive visitor WHO claimed to be the son of god” I thought it was without doubt for you lot

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 11:28am

Roadkill , so what is your truth.....not sure why you can't answer simple questions?

Roadkill wrote:
Cockee wrote:

The truth hurts for some.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 11:34am

Seeds , so when you say ," Meme asks many questions really about what is written in the books within The Book. In. my mind it proves it’s written by man. As mankind’s knowledge has increased about our world and universe makes the bible obsolete as it’s plainly wrong in so many ways. "
So man's current knowledge has surpassed the Bible's teachings , do you really believe that the World is a better place because of technology?

seeds wrote:

Troll? Meme asks many questions really about what is written in the books within The Book. In. my mind it proves it’s written by man. As mankind’s knowledge has increased about our world and universe makes the bible obsolete as it’s plainly wrong in so many ways. Weird troll? The bible is weird
Look at Lot as mentioned above. Later he goes on to sleep with his daughters. Oh that’s right his daughters got him drunk and slept with him. Poor old innocent Lot. Was it then the offspring went onto start different nations or something? Is this supposed to be metaphorical? Fucken pretty weird metaphor for the book of god. Lot is as sinful as the Sodomites. Why would anyone try to make sense of this nonsense. And I’m not making fun of Jesus. He was obviously a righteous dude. But the Messiah. Yeah nah. Interesting you said Optimist “ passive visitor WHO claimed to be the son of god” I thought it was without doubt for you lot

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 11:46am

No I don’t but that has nothing to do with what I said does it.
Brutus I’ve had no religion in my life from birth. Why do I pretty much have the same morals as in the Ten Commandments. Because it’s inherent in man. Our communal species developed these ideals through evolution as it is a requirement to prosper as a species. Communities need rules don’t you think? Nothing to do with God

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 1:18pm

Seeds , do you have any idea where the morals you talk about came from?

I have studied the evolution of man and how man has worshipped higher Godlike entities , so they have a supernatural God to answer to, as these Gods make the rules that man live by.

The bible and especially the Gospels which Jesus preached , set the bar for human behaviour and this became the right and wrong that civilizations followed.

seeds wrote:

No I don’t but that has nothing to do with what I said does it.
Brutus I’ve had no religion in my life from birth. Why do I pretty much have the same morals as in the Ten Commandments. Because it’s inherent in man. Our communal species developed these ideals through evolution as it is a requirement to prosper as a species. Communities need rules don’t you think? Nothing to do with God

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 1:18pm

The bible is a historical book …it’s actually a book of books that spans back many thousands of years. One of the most important things to remember is that it DOES NOT sugar coat all the bad things that it’s historical characters and their relatives did or got up to. Many of the characters are bad characters that people tried to help and reform. Many of the good characters did bad things they were sorry for just like many of us do today. Your reference to Lot (abrahams nephew) and his inbred grand children is interesting as they became fierce enemies of abrahams future people Israel and probably the reason that story was included as it shows the root of the problem pardon the pun. The bible is either teaching those interested in what came behind or what’s coming ahead depending on where in history you were born.
It’s a great book of smaller books and not compulsory reading but worth it as it has so many life lessons especially when Jesus comes on the scene.
It’s also why Brutus and I harp on about the free download Chosen series. The sets and the acting and the characters really show you the history of the time it is so well done.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 1:26pm

Stained glass windows keep the cold outside
While the hypocrites hide inside
With the lies of statues in their minds
Where the Christian religion made them blind
Where they hide
And prey to the God of a bitch spelled backwards is dog
Not for one race, one creed, one world
But for money
Effective
Absurd
Do you pray to the Holy Ghost when you suck your host
Do you read who's dead in the Irish Post
Do you give away the cash you can't afford
On bended knees and pray to lord
Fat pig priest
Sanctimonious smiles
He takes the money
You take the lies
This is religion and Jesus Christ
This is religion cheaply priced
This is bibles full of libel
This is sin in eternal hymn
This is what they've done
This is your religion
The apostles were eleven
Now there's a sod in Heaven
This is religion
There's a liar on the altar
The sermon never falter
This is religion
Your religion

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 1:47pm

Udo, there was none of that with me….no priests , no preachers, no books ,no buildings, it was just me and God and I didn’t choose Him….He chose me….and…in everyones life He will tap everyone on the shoulder at some point and that is the defining moment….yeh or nah…it as simple as that…..but….even if you said nah and change your mind….he’s there for you…..Luke 15 : 11

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 2 Apr 2022 at 1:49pm

Cheers.