All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 13 Mar 2022 at 9:48am

Secular agenda or his ungodly unquestioning/able blind faith in the prosperity gospel of his brand of Americanised all signing and all dancing evangelism?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 13 Mar 2022 at 10:11am

GS , secular agenda is not God's agenda...the evangelists in the USA especially the white ones are not Christians.....interesting to note that when Scomo was supposed to be in Hawaii during the bushfires there is a lot of noise around that he was actually in NY at a Hillsong meeting....for me it doesn't matter as he does not represent the true values of Christianity. He is batting for the other side!

GuySmiley wrote:

Secular agenda or his ungodly unquestioning/able blind faith in the prosperity gospel of his brand of Americanised all signing and all dancing evangelism?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 13 Mar 2022 at 10:57am
brutus wrote:

Supafreak , there is a Biblical passage that says , " the devil will come dressed as an Angel of light ,"
Meaning the "enemy" is cunning and is always tempting and controlling people who think they are following God's word....I think Scomo's actions betray his lack of Godliness and actually highlights his secular agenda. He fails the , "What would Jesus do ?" test pretty miserably!

Supafreak wrote:

What’s even sadder is your inability to see Morrison for what he truly is .

Brutus you have done this time and time again, stop thinking you have the authority to judge who is and who isn't a Christian doing this is a completely anti Christian thing to do, its not your place even as a non religious person i know many versus in the bible say not to do this and its only for god to do the judging.

Let's be real politics is about compromise things just aren't black and white in politics.

Im sure people will give me shit for saying this, but i honestly believe as far as politicians go Scomo is a good person and tries to do his best in an extremely hard environment im sure he tries to follow his Christian values but sometimes things just aren't as clear cut as what would Jesus do, whatever decision has to be made you could say, thats not very Christian.

Like i just said in the other thread , as much as i dont agree with Peter Garrets views, the fact he had to compromise so heavily while in politics is the best example of someone who clearly went into politics for all the right reasons but still had to conform and heavily compromise his values.

It's just one of those things, do you play the game and do your best to try to bring what you can, or do you go im not playing because i wont get everything my own way.

Most choose the latter.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 13 Mar 2022 at 11:16am

Look out brutus info is on your case! Bahahaha

The thing about Morrison that makes him a dangerously incompetent knucklehead is that he actually believes his own bullshit as truth, such is his blinded faith in himself. He isn’t alone in this, I believe it’s a feature of many far right religious conservatives in and out of politics.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 13 Mar 2022 at 11:36am
GuySmiley wrote:

Look out brutus info is on your case! Bahahaha

The thing about Morrison that makes him a dangerously incompetent knucklehead is that he actually believes his own bullshit as truth, such is his blinded faith in himself. He isn’t alone in this, I believe it’s a feature of many far right religious conservatives in and out of politics.

Call it what you like but his faith in himself has done him pretty well in life there has only ever been 29 other prime ministers in Australia's history, but a shitload more politicians that wanted to be PM and failed.

And he is the longest serving prime minister since Howard (15 years ago)

And only nine other prime misters in our history have held office longer (by the time the election happens it will eight)

And it's not over until it's over.

Far right for guy= anyone who isn't a marxist.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 13 Mar 2022 at 1:14pm

info santamaria bahahaha

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 14 Mar 2022 at 10:17am

Indo, I am not judging Scomo , merely making observations from a Biblical point of view , about being a Christian is Black and white .
you cannot compromise in being a Christian...and if you do you are not a Christian, Scomo fails miserably when it comes to helping others who are the vulnerable in our society , and he looks after the people who don't really need more money and power at the expense of those hwo are struggling......very clear!
Peter Garret went into politics knowing he would have to compromise his values , and so he did profit off being a politician , but politicians are one of the least respected professions in our current civilization......
indo when you talk about compromising values , that's where the rot starts , how far do you compromise and for who and then why?
you just can't pretend to be something that you are not and that's where all the Promo/marketing /PR is an industry that distorts our reality to the point who or what do you believe anymore......

.I think that's where we are right now as a society living the last days of an unsustainable decadence , as when you create compromise more times than not the haves benefit because of lobbying etc and the need for politicians to retain power every 3-4 years.

indo-dreaming wrote:
brutus wrote:

Supafreak , there is a Biblical passage that says , " the devil will come dressed as an Angel of light ,"
Meaning the "enemy" is cunning and is always tempting and controlling people who think they are following God's word....I think Scomo's actions betray his lack of Godliness and actually highlights his secular agenda. He fails the , "What would Jesus do ?" test pretty miserably!

Supafreak wrote:

What’s even sadder is your inability to see Morrison for what he truly is .

Brutus you have done this time and time again, stop thinking you have the authority to judge who is and who isn't a Christian doing this is a completely anti Christian thing to do, its not your place even as a non religious person i know many versus in the bible say not to do this and its only for god to do the judging.

Let's be real politics is about compromise things just aren't black and white in politics.

Im sure people will give me shit for saying this, but i honestly believe as far as politicians go Scomo is a good person and tries to do his best in an extremely hard environment im sure he tries to follow his Christian values but sometimes things just aren't as clear cut as what would Jesus do, whatever decision has to be made you could say, thats not very Christian.

Like i just said in the other thread , as much as i dont agree with Peter Garrets views, the fact he had to compromise so heavily while in politics is the best example of someone who clearly went into politics for all the right reasons but still had to conform and heavily compromise his values.

It's just one of those things, do you play the game and do your best to try to bring what you can, or do you go im not playing because i wont get everything my own way.

Most choose the latter.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 15 Mar 2022 at 5:12am

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 15 Mar 2022 at 6:49am

Agreed Udo...
1 Timothy 6:5-11
King James Version

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 15 Mar 2022 at 7:32am

Disturbing to say the least

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 7:02am

SUNDAY MESSAGE…The fruit of the spirit Is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness , gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law….
And again….you have heard it said, love your neighbour and hate your enemy…but I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you, that you may be children of your father in heaven. He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous….Jesus.
After the breakup of the Soviet Union, promises were made to Russia from the west…they pretty much break down to, “we will respect your community and way of life and we will not expand our military alliance and weaponry up to your borders.”….we lied….we did not keep that promise because we despised their way of governance and living. Many of us went there for a holiday and and many of my friends were involved in Russian churches that were all very free to do what they wanted and function normally…Putin himself believes in God he says being a committed Russian orthodox person….so why are we fighting against these people???….the answer unfortunately is, there are big bucks in war and the USA is one of the worst offenders. It has products to sell globally and they are not cheap ones. It seems even though there doesn’t need to be a problem they create one to keep the war machine going. You can’t sell stuff without an enemy so an enemy they shall continue to keep…..the bear is now out of his cage and swinging…we could have helped Russia become a great friend and trading partner but we left them to rot and deal with anyone like Iran and China etc etc…we could have eliminated nuclear weapons ourselves but it seems now only Gods intervention will do it….At the end of the day, everyone wants peace and prosperity….except it seems, those on both sides of the pretend war for profit and turf….America was once an amazing family friendly Mum and dad and apple pie place that everyone wanted to be like ….today, it’s fast becoming a Godless fragmented society on a journey to anywhere. ….There is neutral ground between nations…it should be respected and encouraged and the differences between cultures tolerated as everyone stays in their borders and trades peaceful products. If you hate a leader, the people that live there themselves may hate them too and will deal with it in their own time and in their own way…..
Love your enemy…why?…they may just turn out later to be a good friend.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 10:57am

Good morning Optimist , don't forget forgiveness....as we have been forgiven for our sins...I think this is especially relevant in todays world where we seem to be at war with each other .......

War is loss , which creates anger which is the opposite of Jesus's /Gods wishes for his children ,love!
The enemy creates negativity/loss/anger which affects us all emotionally but is not permanent as we can use the enemy's darkness as a trigger point/ catalyst to recognise that we need to change , forgive and affect positive change thru love and forgiveness.

the sins of man that we see everyday in our society is the result of the belief that secular man knows best , and the secular laws are in fact the opposite to Jesus's teachings as you have pointed out with Russia/Ukraine/West....so is the time of the enemy thru secular intervention....or just part of God's plan ??

Optimist wrote:

SUNDAY MESSAGE…The fruit of the spirit Is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness , gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law….
And again….you have heard it said, love your neighbour and hate your enemy…but I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you, that you may be children of your father in heaven. He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous….Jesus.
After the breakup of the Soviet Union, promises were made to Russia from the west…they pretty much break down to, “we will respect your community and way of life and we will not expand our military alliance and weaponry up to your borders.”….we lied….we did not keep that promise because we despised their way of governance and living. Many of us went there for a holiday and and many of my friends were involved in Russian churches that were all very free to do what they wanted and function normally…Putin himself believes in God he says being a committed Russian orthodox person….so why are we fighting against these people???….the answer unfortunately is, there are big bucks in war and the USA is one of the worst offenders. It has products to sell globally and they are not cheap ones. It seems even though there doesn’t need to be a problem they create one to keep the war machine going. You can’t sell stuff without an enemy so an enemy they shall continue to keep…..the bear is now out of his cage and swinging…we could have helped Russia become a great friend and trading partner but we left them to rot and deal with anyone like Iran and China etc etc…we could have eliminated nuclear weapons ourselves but it seems now only Gods intervention will do it….At the end of the day, everyone wants peace and prosperity….except it seems, those on both sides of the pretend war for profit and turf….America was once an amazing family friendly Mum and dad and apple pie place that everyone wanted to be like ….today, it’s fast becoming a Godless fragmented society on a journey to anywhere. ….There is neutral ground between nations…it should be respected and encouraged and the differences between cultures tolerated as everyone stays in their borders and trades peaceful products. If you hate a leader, the people that live there themselves may hate them too and will deal with it in their own time and in their own way…..
Love your enemy…why?…they may just turn out later to be a good friend.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 11:20am

Jerimiah
3 : 12a
3: 12b
3:13

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 11:30am

".or just part of God's plan ??"
Great plan so far. 5D chess squared and cube rooted sort of plan we can all really grasp and identify with.

Pray for more of that war stuff to save us I guess.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 11:35am

is that just numbers or was there text?

udo wrote:

Jerimiah

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 11:36am

Man has always been at war.......didn't save or really change anything....man just keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again...

frog wrote:

".or just part of God's plan ??"
Great plan so far. 5D chess squared and cube rooted sort of plan we can all really grasp and identify with.

Pray for more of that war stuff to save us I guess.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 11:42am
brutus wrote:

udo wrote:

Jerimiah

https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/how-to-right-the-wrongs-in-your...

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 11:48am

Udo...great read , how do you apply your life to the teachings of the Gospel?

there is a great link at the bottom of the page....https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-forgiveness-...

udo wrote:
brutus wrote:

udo wrote:

Jerimiah

https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/how-to-right-the-wrongs-in-your...

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 4:46pm

Rab, so what's your opinion after reading the link you posted?

Rabbits68 wrote:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-20/vladimir-putin-invasion-ukraine-p...

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 5:09pm

Hi Brutus, for me the take home is just further confirmation of just how conflicted religion is. So many mixed messages & contradictory actions. I’ve said it before & I know it’s simplistic but it’s the human factor, the human condition, that sooner or later erodes what might be something quite beautiful in It’s purest form.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 5:33pm

brutus said
Udo , how do you apply your life to the teachings of the Gospel?

Hmm I sing along to John Lydon often..

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 5:28pm

Yep, when freewill man has run his full secular course mixed with tainted or bias versions what they think God wants, all the while ignoring how to treat others, God Himself will eventually intervene and clean up the mess….and it’s going to get a lot messier yet….and watch for the beast….he’s out there somewhere and will seemingly be the answer to all the secular worlds problems after manufacturing them first. I’m worried for the world…..I can see nearly all the players on the chess board just as Jesus said they would be. But will you be deceived by the next anti christ , who will come dressed as an Angel of light speaking great things and backed up by the false prophets while also seemingly having the answers to the worlds financial problems.These words sound crazy now, but remember them anyway and see what the future brings.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 5:46pm

Rab, yeah I get it, so much misinformation everywhere on every subject....that's why I apply the Jesus test...what would Jesus do when there is a question on Christianity......and more often than not, like what you posted , fails miserably ....any violence/revenge/elitism anger/hate etc is not of God but the enemy.......lot of pretenders /marketers etc.....

Rabbits68 wrote:

Hi Brutus, for me the take home is just further confirmation of just how conflicted religion is. So many mixed messages & contradictory actions. I’ve said it before & I know it’s simplistic but it’s the human factor, the human condition, that sooner or later erodes what might be something quite beautiful in It’s purest form.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Sunday, 20 Mar 2022 at 8:04pm

Yeah Brutus I tend to agree with you. It's a tricky business navigating the various pretenders & marketers etc as you say. I do my best to keep an open mind where possible, benefit of the doubt etc. After all, living a life without trust in anything is a pretty miserable concept.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 27 Mar 2022 at 6:00am

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus (a high priest)
Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.
4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 27 Mar 2022 at 11:25am

22 beware of men like optimist for he is a heretic

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Sunday, 27 Mar 2022 at 4:19pm

What can i say besides this quote from Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

So dont go thinking you can become a women if you have male genitals. You will burn in hell with all the Hindus Muslims who are terrorists and pagans who do human sacrifices for fun,

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Sunday, 27 Mar 2022 at 4:44pm

And i know most of you want to become a women and cut of their male organs and crush their testicles.
So remember you will burn in hell for this activity. If you want to become a women just wear a dress or bra a few times a week, without any chopping of organs. You will thank me later.

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Monday, 28 Mar 2022 at 6:38pm

Oh youre so right TD!

Its pretty simple-
Religion is a tool; used to manipulate minds.

Thus endeth the lesson.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 29 Mar 2022 at 8:04am
Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 29 Mar 2022 at 8:27am

I know all about those guys Udo, they think they are killing it now and powerful and their boss is the man but their day is coming….it goes all the way to the Vatican….have a look at where the pope meets the people in the meeting hall…the building is the shape like the head of a serpent and he sits between the eyes and the fangs to speak….the world is not what it seems….Matthew 4, verses 8and 9

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 29 Mar 2022 at 8:40am

Click on his 5hr long Utube link -He is the Full Nutter
First 10 mins is worth Watching.... FFS he he .

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Tuesday, 29 Mar 2022 at 9:28am

I dont know how any sensible person could believe in that rubbish.
My religion is 100% accurate though.

Deut. 28:53

Then because of the dire straights to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 29 Mar 2022 at 9:44am

I’ll pass Udo, I know what goes on in the world and how people get a small insight then flip out altogether. Best to avoid all the darkness and concentrate on the light. The natural things the beautiful things the things that will last past modernism and into a new era. Surfers in general have a privileged life and most can see the depth of creation and if they think hard between sets and reach out in spirit, they will also see God….like tuning a radio….you have to get your frequency right.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 29 Mar 2022 at 1:24pm

Spot on.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Tuesday, 29 Mar 2022 at 3:40pm

UDo did you watch 5 hrs or just the first 10 mins.....where do you find this stuff?

udo wrote:

Click on his 5hr long Utube link -He is the Full Nutter
First 10 mins is worth Watching.... FFS he he .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 29 Mar 2022 at 3:56pm

A troubled Friend sent me the Link and said that i really need to watch it
i watched the first 10 mins and then Speed scrolled the rest
What a load of Fkn shit.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 29 Mar 2022 at 5:51pm

Udo, tell your troubled friend not to worry himself with the things of darkness but rather go into a quiet place and ask God for comfort. Once he does this , just you and just God, there is no deceit, no nonsense, nothing fake, no other input, just you and God alone…..it all starts there….He is our father ….and He loves us.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 30 Mar 2022 at 11:28am

Udo, hmm a troubled friend watching a video about Freemasons being evil!

I don't normally look at conspiracy stuff , so what do you find FKN Shit?

udo wrote:

A troubled Friend sent me the Link and said that i really need to watch it
i watched the first 10 mins and then Speed scrolled the rest
What a load of Fkn shit.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 30 Mar 2022 at 4:52pm

optimist...what are your thoughts on Hillsong and Scomo , been following this for sometime....

https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/the-lord-is-calling-us-to-move-hi...

Optimist wrote:

Udo, tell your troubled friend not to worry himself with the things of darkness but rather go into a quiet place and ask God for comfort. Once he does this , just you and just God, there is no deceit, no nonsense, nothing fake, no other input, just you and God alone…..it all starts there….He is our father ….and He loves us.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 30 Mar 2022 at 5:53pm

Hey there Brutus, how are you…nah..I’ve heard Brian speak a couple of times up in Coffs etc and whereas I have nothing against him, I’m not a fan of Hillsong church at baulkham hills . When they changed from Christian life centre to Hillsong as a corporate move I think they left Jesus out of the equation…bigger is not always better and smaller cell type churches is more my idea of things. Love presbyterians baptists etc..good on the bible teaching and no hype…But, they like it there at hills and that’s what counts to them…to each their own…I also didn’t like brian taking the leadership of the ACC. Lots of the small churches became Hillsong try hards….the music was fantastic though for a while with people like Darlene Zschech running the music but she left too…..the churches I like give you a free scone at the end by an old lady beaming love. I like love beaming old ladies as my parents were pretty hard.. I think you have to buy a scone and a cuppa at Hillsong. Regarding Morrison, he’s a bit of a try hard and I actually didn’t mind him until he sent Missiles to Ukraine. My bible says” do not kill”…..this war belongs to Biden first, zelensky second and Putin third…it usually only takes two bullshitting idiots to start a war and now we have three….I don’t mind frydenburg, I think he should be prime minister as he is very quiet and just gets on with it. Good tennis player too evidently. I wouldn’t mind a Labor stint but I just don’t see any good players….I actually only see trouble. I saw one of your reverse Vees the other week…nice blue one….looked really nice too…had a surf with the guy….God bless ya….peace.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 30 Mar 2022 at 7:03pm

Hi Optimist , amazing story Hillsong , have a few Christian friends who have been telling me for years that it's another commercial venture in the name of Jesus/God with the elite of the Church becoming corrupted by sin . Not surprised to see this end in tears and that Brian and his dad seem to have succumbed to temptation of the flesh , as do many remember the Bakers and for me the story of Ravi Zacharias was devastating as I loved his style /message and how he took apart dawkins ......ahhhhh.......all good down here the journey continues in discerning who and what is real...so back to the good book , can't wait for season 3 of the Chosen!!

Optimist wrote:

Hey there Brutus, how are you…nah..I’ve heard Brian speak a couple of times up in Coffs etc and whereas I have nothing against him, I’m not a fan of Hillsong church at baulkham hills . When they changed from Christian life centre to Hillsong as a corporate move I think they left Jesus out of the equation…bigger is not always better and smaller cell type churches is more my idea of things. Love presbyterians baptists etc..good on the bible teaching and no hype…But, they like it there at hills and that’s what counts to them…to each their own…I also didn’t like brian taking the leadership of the ACC. Lots of the small churches became Hillsong try hards….the music was fantastic though for a while with people like Darlene Zschech running the music but she left too…..the churches I like give you a free scone at the end by an old lady beaming love. I like love beaming old ladies as my parents were pretty hard.. I think you have to buy a scone and a cuppa at Hillsong. Regarding Morrison, he’s a bit of a try hard and I actually didn’t mind him until he sent Missiles to Ukraine. My bible says” do not kill”…..this war belongs to Biden first, zelensky second and Putin third…it usually only takes two bullshitting idiots to start a war and now we have three….I don’t mind frydenburg, I think he should be prime minister as he is very quiet and just gets on with it. Good tennis player too evidently. I wouldn’t mind a Labor stint but I just don’t see any good players….I actually only see trouble. I saw one of your reverse Vees the other week…nice blue one….looked really nice too…had a surf with the guy….God bless ya….peace.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 30 Mar 2022 at 8:39pm
brutus wrote:

Hi Optimist , amazing story Hillsong , have a few Christian friends who have been telling me for years that it's another commercial venture in the name of Jesus/God with the elite of the Church becoming corrupted by sin . Not surprised to see this end in tears and that Brian and his dad seem to have succumbed to temptation of the flesh , as do many remember the Bakers and for me the story of Ravi Zacharias was devastating as I loved his style /message and how he took apart dawkins ......ahhhhh.......all good down here the journey continues in discerning who and what is real...so back to the good book , can't wait for season 3 of the Chosen!!

Optimist wrote:

“Not surprised to see this end in tears and that Brian and his dad seem to have succumbed to temptation of the flesh”

A delusional religious apologist description…..seem to have

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 12:00am

Succumb. Nah! Always was. Just got caught. No ability to cover up now.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 2:26pm

yeah, seem to have is being non-judgemental, as it's not been proven in a court of law or by independent investigators.....I think that you seem to have judged me based on what actual verified facts ?

“Not surprised to see this end in tears and that Brian and his dad seem to have succumbed to temptation of the flesh”

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 4:15pm

Brutus, just watched series 1&2 of THE CHOSEN again…seeing as it’s raining..again…this time I bought one of those apple lightning connector thingos to connect my phone to TV so I can watch it on the telly….so good…can’t wait for series 3…. Better chuck in a few bucks to the crowdfund to help out keeping it all free I think as I haven’t done that yet.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 5:47pm
brutus wrote:

yeah, seem to have is being non-judgemental, as it's not been proven in a court of law or by independent investigators.....I think that you seem to have judged me based on what actual verified facts ?

Brutus, hiding behind not proven in court.

So, you don’t think it happened?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 5:51pm

9 boys, rape, payoff and asking for forgiveness, own son sacked pedo daddy.

https://kelsolawyers.com/au/frank-houston/

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 31 Mar 2022 at 6:08pm
Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:

Brutus, hiding behind not proven in court.

So, you don’t think it happened?

Brutus not proven in Court....
https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/83791
How very Fucking Born Again of You