All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 12:44am

I used to have a mutual friend of my younger brother who was a dj, well more of a electronic music producer who was teaching this guy who went by the name of Smokin joe Mekael how to make tracks not just dj, he has the longest ever dj set trophy and belt ,a record which i think was around 7 days of djing.

Anyway he smoked so much weed like a pound a month but was earning $1000 an hour for a set at many sydney clubs. He got right into conspiracies and started to believe and make public announcements like on Remembrance day in a large gathering he waited for the minutes silence then said through a loud speaker to everyone "you're all worshiping murderers!"
I straight away attacked him on his facebook page along with hundreds of other people and he lost his career...not sure what he's doing now but he isnt a popular dj any more.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 1:21am

yep

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 5:10am

In your relationship with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus : Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used for His own advantage; rather, He made Himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness…and being found in the appearance as a man, He humbled himself by becoming obedient to death…even death on a cross….Philippians 2 : 5-8

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 6:10am
Constance B Gibson wrote:

Hey, at least Beach Grit are in on the action now!

Fun n games indeed.

Blood feud!

"My forum is better than your forum."

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 6:47am

A funny thing happened on the way….
8-DA37-BFD-25-C0-45-B6-A6-C2-AE681614932-F

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 4:42pm

I don't understand how everyone assumed it wasn't the real God writing that article. Evidence may help but religion doesn't work that way, you need to have blind faith.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 5:15pm

No, you have to be honest with yourself first….then faith …when you invite God into your life, all kinds of spotlights shine on you and your real self is exposed…there is no hiding anything as God exposes everything dark about you….then, you either run away as many do , or face the music and let Him deal with you….better now than later.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 5:23pm

I used to be a Christian and believed in the Bible and never saw any sign of God.I neve saw any spotlights or whatever you are talking about.

I think its pretty strange in this day and age People think there is a God who changed personalities throughout his life, made hypocritical statements and needs people to worship him or they burn in hell.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 6:02pm

Used to be a Christian….you may not believe in Him anymore….but I’ll bet He still believes in you…..and even God changes His mind regarding us.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 6:24pm
Optimist wrote:

No, you have to be honest with yourself first….then faith …when you invite God into your life, all kinds of spotlights shine on you and your real self is exposed…there is no hiding anything as God exposes everything dark about you….then, you either run away as many do , or face the music and let Him deal with you….better now than later.

Those poor abused alter boys that just wanted god to save them from the torture, yet it was his men doing the damage.

Your god sounds like a sicko.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 6:36pm
Optimist wrote:

…when you invite God into your life, all kinds of spotlights shine on you and your real self is exposed…there is no hiding anything as God exposes everything dark about you…..

My ex and my mates do a pretty good job of that.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 6:51pm
Optimist wrote:

How long does this exposure take to happen Opti...?
a High Profile Churchy mate of yours is Fraudulant - its time to Come Clean and Face the Music !!

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 6:55pm

Here is the real God talking about banning the bible in America:
https://god.dailydot.com/chaz-stevens-bible/?fbclid=IwAR0j7W2x0LRQWmSByu...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 7:50pm
Optimist wrote:

Used to be a Christian….you may not believe in Him anymore….but I’ll bet He still believes in you…..and even God changes His mind regarding us.

Optimist, brutus said non believers are going to burn in hell.

Is groundswell going to burn in hell?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 8:00pm
Optimist wrote:

Optimist, can you answer this.

So lets say a group of pedophile priests, fresh from molesting and getting themselves off on young boys…decide not to runaway but face the music and let god deal with them….what happens to them? What is their punishment? How does god got treat them or give punishment to them for their actions.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 8:17pm

Excellent question RK.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 8:46pm
wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Friday, 29 Apr 2022 at 9:00pm

Tube.. sometimes i think my ex LIVES for that. But then, she seemed to think she was god anyways, so......

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 4:46am

RK I seriously doubt that your pedo priests will ever really ask for salvation as it is a secret cult within the Catholic Church that you can research about. Those guys are there for that reason and are also starting to appear in the Anglican Church as well as the rise of gay priests increases. These people have no interest in God, just a job that’s fit for purpose. I’m quite sure they will find themselves in the fiery bits of hell rather than the waiting room of departed sprits. I have however seen the worst of men turn their lives around and become someone completely different. I’ll tell you an amazing story but you’ll all think it’s bullshit but here you go anyway…a story of Gods Grace….I was running a ministry and used to bump into one of the heaviest bikers I’d met and I had biker cousins so I’d met a few. He started asking me questions when he saw me and mocked God like you guys do…I just told him that Jesus cared about him and died on the cross for all our sins….no matter how bad…..he was heavily tattooed with satanic stuff as well….anyway he wandered in one day a few months after and was glowing with happiness…he told me he went to a meeting and gave his life to Christ…he also apologised because he said he was planning to kill me….he had a problem though, his satanic tattoos really bothered him but I said Gods only interested in your heart so don’t worry…..a few weeks later he came to the ministry again and was completely amazed showing me his arms and hands and was crying…..his tattoos had all fallen off….God did something really special for that guy and I’ve got a lot of stories just like it over the last 40 years. Anyone can experience the incredible things of God but you have to “ launch out into the deep” and become a disciple….never ever perfect in this body, but always learning slowly and surely from the master.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 6:59am

I don't believe that at all. Not the tattoos disappearing. He must of had them removed and told you bullshit.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 7:43am
Optimist wrote:

RK I seriously doubt that your pedo priests will ever really ask for salvation as it is a secret cult within the Catholic Church that you can research about. Those guys are there for that reason and are also starting to appear in the Anglican Church as well as the rise of gay priests increases. These people have no interest in God, just a job that’s fit for purpose. I’m quite sure they will find themselves in the fiery bits of hell rather than the waiting room of departed sprits. I have however seen the worst of men turn their lives around and become someone completely different. I’ll tell you an amazing story but you’ll all think it’s bullshit but here you go anyway…a story of Gods Grace….I was running a ministry and used to bump into one of the heaviest bikers I’d met and I had biker cousins so I’d met a few. He started asking me questions when he saw me and mocked God like you guys do…I just told him that Jesus cared about him and died on the cross for all our sins….no matter how bad…..he was heavily tattooed with satanic stuff as well….anyway he wandered in one day a few months after and was glowing with happiness…he told me he went to a meeting and gave his life to Christ…he also apologised because he said he was planning to kill me….he had a problem though, his satanic tattoos really bothered him but I said Gods only interested in your heart so don’t worry…..a few weeks later he came to the ministry again and was completely amazed showing me his arms and hands and was crying…..his tattoos had all fallen off….God did something really special for that guy and I’ve got a lot of stories just like it over the last 40 years. Anyone can experience the incredible things of God but you have to “ launch out into the deep” and become a disciple….never ever perfect in this body, but always learning slowly and surely from the master.

Great story bro….however you avoided answering the question

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 7:45am
Roadkill wrote:
Optimist wrote:

Optimist, brutus said non believers are going to burn in hell.

Is groundswell going to burn in hell?

Optimist, how about answering this

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 7:47am
Optimist wrote:

100% a miracle, tattoos just fell off. I believe you, millions wouldn’t.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 8:15am

RK why ask me?..I don’t know groundswell….I don’t know anyone’s deep thoughts….but God does…and only He decides where we will all end up…..read my story again more carefully and try and understand Gods Grace.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 8:21am
Optimist wrote:

RK why ask me?..I don’t know groundswell….I don’t know anyone’s deep thoughts….but God does…and only He decides where we will all end up…..read my story again more carefully and try and understand Gods Grace.

I’m asking if you agree? Will non believers burn in hell?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 8:38am

Ask someone who’s been there….watch Ian McCormacks original testimony on you tube….I met him once …top bloke…for a kiwi..ha….died from multiple box jelly stings….went down and back up again…great story….optimist out.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 8:39am

Optimist wrote ““RK I seriously doubt that your pedo priests will ever really ask for salvation as it is a secret cult within the Catholic Church that you can research about”
Wow, your bigotry runs deep and wide Opti. If you think it is only in the Catholic Church then you are more than just deluded. Read the report from the Royal Commission.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 8:51am
blackers wrote:

Optimist wrote ““RK I seriously doubt that your pedo priests will ever really ask for salvation as it is a secret cult within the Catholic Church that you can research about”
Wow, your bigotry runs deep and wide Opti. If you think it is only in the Catholic Church then you are more than just deluded. Read the report from the Royal Commission.

Optimist is a deluded rose tinted glasses kind of christian.

Refuses to acknowledged all the bad shit as it offends his view of god. The worst type of christian. Bad stuff does not happen in his twisted mind.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 8:52am
Optimist wrote:

Ask someone who’s been there….watch Ian McCormacks original testimony on you tube….I met him once …top bloke…for a kiwi..ha….died from multiple box jelly stings….went down and back up again…great story….optimist out.

No, I’m asking you.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 11:14am

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 11:39am

Well Im gonna burn- but it will be here on Earth when I cark it.
Then my 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms will be rearranged.
Get your head around that true believers.
Your narrow minds are no different to suicide bombers- you just act differently.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 12:49pm

Optimist, mate….. wow

Your god must hate kids if he allows pedos to infiltrate church. Wouldn’t he know what’s happening in his house?

Also tattoos falling off, fuck mate at least try make it believable.

I worked with a born again who recons he prayed over a strangers foot that was full of arthritis and the person walked away with zero pain. He was also a recovered heroin addict.

Make up your own mind about that.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 1:22pm

I thought lying is a sin? Off to hell you go.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 1:47pm

Brutus...its time to come clean ?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 2:41pm

Ian McCormack was a travelling surfer…he travelled and surfed the globe and ended up in Mauritius hanging with the creole crew……this original testimony / story will answer most of your questions about heaven and hell..what to expect etc....…YOU TUBE Ian McCormack original testimony…it’s about an hour and twenty minutes….watch it …unless your too cowardly and then get back to me for a discussion….or…your just a bored time waster blowing hot air….Opt Out..Y…

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 2:55pm
Optimist wrote:

Ian McCormack was a travelling surfer…he travelled and surfed the globe and ended up in Mauritius hanging with the creole crew……this original testimony / story will answer most of your questions about heaven and hell..what to expect etc....…YOU TUBE Ian McCormack original testimony…it’s about an hour and twenty minutes….watch it …unless your too cowardly and then get back to me for a discussion….or…your just a bored time waster blowing hot air….Opt Out..Y…

I know the story..it proves nothing.

Plenty of people have nearly died and said there is nothing, nada, no afterlife…that again proves nothing.

You are so indoctrinated you will never see reality or fact…you can believe whatever you like…but your belief proves nothing.

You don’t discuss, optimist. You just post unproven religious wank.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 4:36pm

You may know the story…but you haven’t watched the original testimony…because your afraid ……don’t be….it’s a great testimony.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 4:58pm
Optimist wrote:

You may know the story…but you haven’t watched the original testimony…because your afraid ……don’t be….it’s a great testimony.

Afraid of what?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 30 Apr 2022 at 6:45pm
Roadkill wrote:
Optimist wrote:

Afraid of what?

Only thing you should be afraid of in church is gods men being pedos under gods watch, in god home.

Then people like Brutus and optimist brushing it under the table.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 12:40am

Optimist
When you say (you’re) Out you don’t really mean it do you?

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 1:47am

live and let live crew. Just let it be. I reckon we can all learn from each other's spirit,..beliefs are just the icing on top, should you choose to lick it. No need to deride a man/woman for their foundations when they're good folk. Let it go legends. We can all do with a little kindness in these times, especially amongst our brothers and sisters of the ocean.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 2:03am

That probably doesn't make sense. I've been awake for many hours. All i'm saying is i reckon you're all probably good folk. Picking apart someones beliefs and making them appear inferior to yourself is ignoring their human traits and the fact they're most likely bloody good people. All good to have a spiritual debate. But to hold someone accountable to their beliefs and the thousands of years of it that came before any of us and expect them to answer to all your questions and tear them down personally if they can't give you instant answers.....i reckon that's asking alot of one or two people.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 2:04am

I probably won't be up for the early :-D

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 5:28am

Sunday message…written 2750 years ago….
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches the heavens out like a curtain…and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in….Isaiah 40:22……
An ancient writing of interest to the physics minded.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 7:32am
Optimist wrote:

Sunday message…written 2750 years ago….
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches the heavens out like a curtain…and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in….Isaiah 40:22……
An ancient writing of interest to the physics minded.

Was she talking about the pub?

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 10:23am
Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 11:36am

Now that’s a super spreader event

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 11:37am

What kind of sadistic god would design “food” to be conscious, aware and capable of feeling pain and emotions?

Have you seen a pigs brain?

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 8:34pm
burleigh wrote:

What kind of sadistic god would design “food” to be conscious, aware and capable of feeling pain and emotions?

Have you seen a pigs brain?

Without pain "food" wouldn't try to hide from predators.