All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 11:38pm
bluediamond wrote:

live and let live crew. Just let it be. I reckon we can all learn from each other's spirit,..beliefs are just the icing on top, should you choose to lick it. No need to deride a man/woman for their foundations when they're good folk. Let it go legends. We can all do with a little kindness in these times, especially amongst our brothers and sisters of the ocean.

Thanx BD. Been meaning to type something like this on this thread for a little bit. Saw futility in it and didn't act. Good on ya for doing so.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 2 May 2022 at 5:58am
wax24 wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

live and let live crew. Just let it be. I reckon we can all learn from each other's spirit,..beliefs are just the icing on top, should you choose to lick it. No need to deride a man/woman for their foundations when they're good folk. Let it go legends. We can all do with a little kindness in these times, especially amongst our brothers and sisters of the ocean.

Thanx BD. Been meaning to type something like this on this thread for a little bit. Saw futility in it and didn't act. Good on ya for doing so.

TBH, if BD had pulled up the homophobic, bigoted beliefs posted by these 2 religious clowns or the offensive hate aimed at non believers…he might have had a point. But he didn’t, so no.

BD has defended the clowns and criticised others.

To not condemn is to support. So, i don’t take any notice of BD.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 2 May 2022 at 8:29am
Roadkill wrote:
wax24 wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

TBH, if BD had pulled up the homophobic, bigoted beliefs posted by these 2 religious clowns or the offensive hate aimed at non believers…he might have had a point. But he didn’t, so no.

Cheers @wax24. Appreciate it.
No worries RK. Different perspectives on this one but understand where you're coming from. Cheers.

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Monday, 2 May 2022 at 6:41pm
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
wax24 wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

No worries RK. Different perspectives on this one but understand where you're coming from. Cheers.

RK... "to not condemn is to support" is a rather binary viewpoint. And whether or not BD has defended bad actors (whether or not they ARE bad actors.. not stating an opinion either way here) his point is not to be ignored, in MY view. Which is to say.... don't attack someones faith. Just don't. Move along about your life. Live and let live. I am interested neither in attacking faith nor defending it. I am not defending their belief system now. I am defending them from being bullied online (don't do that either.)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 2 May 2022 at 6:56pm
wax24 wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
wax24 wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

RK... "to not condemn is to support" is a rather binary viewpoint. And whether or not BD has defended bad actors (whether or not they ARE bad actors.. not stating an opinion either way here) his point is not to be ignored, in MY view. Which is to say.... don't attack someones faith. Just don't. Move along about your life. Live and let live. I am interested neither in attacking faith nor defending it. I am not defending their belief system now. I am defending them from being bullied online (don't do that either.)

Bollocks are they getting bullied. And their having faith is ok, no one is condemning that. What they say in here based off their faith should be called out and is bullying (yet, you give them a pass).
You are defending their right to post homophobia, bigotry and hate. You can think that is ok..and make make excuses and give them the ok to post such…I don’t.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 2 May 2022 at 6:58pm
wax24 wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
wax24 wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

When you defend those groups these 2 clown condemn and pass judgement on and bully…I might listen to what you say, until then….run along why don’t you.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 2 May 2022 at 9:28pm

1st May : Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov :
"So what if Ukraine's Nazi Leader is Jewish...so was Hitler!"
"Some of the worst Anti Semites are Jews!" OMG!
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-may-1-2022/
Resurrection of Vierteljude Hitler starts WWIII.

The Jerusalem Post is the best & open > concise read on the subject.
Noting this date being just prior to Pandemic...post pandemic & it's hot off the press!
Certainly more to this, than idle curiosity...this is fuel for Ukraine Nazi War.
Hitler's in the charts again.
https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/study-suggests-adolf-hitler-was-a-quarter...
This one also...
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/who-was-hitlers-grandfather-new...

Jewish family employed Hitler's Gran & got her pregnant & paid for kid until 14 y/o > (Hitler's Dad).
Hitler's nephew knew of this before Hitler & threatened to out him...
1930 Hitler had his sidekick 'Frank' investigate the claim...(Verified!)
July 1938 Hitler annexes Austria & orders total destruction of his Grandma's Village.
Influencing Hitler's fury leading to the Holocaust...just to prove he wasn't Jewish.

1950's Nazi sympathizer was offended by claims, said there were no Jews in Graz pre 1856.
Author claims there were pre 1850 Jewish settlements.
Book : 1856 Jews in Styria > "Several Jews in district staying a long time and taking up residence!"
Jewish community in Graz was already established to foster the future Jewish Fuhrer.

NATO Ukraine Nazi Leader & reluctant Jew Zelensky upskirts another inch of threadbare Iron Curtain.
https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/kiev-plans-birthday-parties-for-naz...
https://towardfreedom.org/story/archives/europe/how-ukraines-jewish-pres...

DIY Holocaust Outrage! Israel demands apology from Hitler's Grandpa & Commies but not the Nazis.
Guess we now know how WWII & WWIII started.

Hitler's in the Charts Again...The Exploited

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 2 May 2022 at 9:20pm
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
wax24 wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Thx for understanding, bd…

Now lets get back to surf competition chat..it’s a lot more fun and civil.

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Monday, 2 May 2022 at 9:53pm

Ugh. And this i why i told BD that i hadn't spoke to this because of the futility i saw in it. Too much triggered. That is too bad. I certainly can't change that. Have a good surf whenever that next is.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 2 May 2022 at 11:26pm
Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 3 May 2022 at 6:33am

Maybe your god is Thor….ha ha…..unbelievable that you see no design..sad really.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Tuesday, 3 May 2022 at 9:02am
Optimist wrote:

Maybe your god is Thor….

It’s possible if you believe there is a God. Can it be ruled out?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 7:03am
Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 7:15am

Some people have too much time on their hands haven’t they….the Jesus in “The Chosen “series is a good depiction I thought and plays the part well….but no one will know what He looks like until you meet Him face to face.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 8:04am

Jesus must be busy if he's meeting most Christians that have ever died.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 8:50am

I wonder how jesus feels about the murders that have been going on for 000’s of years in his name, or how those that were murdered feel about hanging with the murderers? Or how he sees the pedophiles that have raped in his name…or the abused kids that committed suicide feel coming face to face with those who molested them…but weaselled out of punishment by repenting their sins.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 9:35am

The never ending story...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 9:44am

When i surf i Dance for Allah.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 9:59am

Ahmed Spencer?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 12:19pm

Not too many brazilian surfers thanking god for their heats today....... Does god hate WA?

TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter's picture
TwsitedDrifter Thursday, 5 May 2022 at 11:15pm
Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Friday, 6 May 2022 at 7:10am
TwsitedDrifter wrote:

God hates Gays.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2019&version=ESV

But is ok with incest

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 6 May 2022 at 8:13am
Distracted wrote:
TwsitedDrifter wrote:

God hates Gays.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2019&version=ESV

But is ok with incest

Pedophillia is also ok with god.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Friday, 6 May 2022 at 8:20am

Hmmmm……isn’t Twisteddrifter the same bloke* who a few short days ago was accusing Swellnet of stirring religious controversy for attention?

Now he’s trying to stir religious controversy for attention?

* Under another pseudonym of course. ( cough cough Constance cough cough)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 6 May 2022 at 8:41am
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

Hmmmm……isn’t Twisteddrifter the same bloke* who a few short days ago was accusing Swellnet of stirring religious controversy for attention?

Now he’s trying to stir religious controversy for attention?

* Under another pseudonym of course. ( cough cough Constance cough cough)

Under another pseudonym of course

Oh, the irony.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 6 May 2022 at 9:29am

There are some things you should hush up about, Sybil

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 May 2022 at 9:53am

Optimist the amoebic one is at it again I see. When you are that small ( not visible to the human eye) you can cleverly slime your way into anything, anywhere, anytime, spreading your crap all over this place and trying to infect us but it’s clear to us that your brain has been affected by one of your own, the one and only , Naeglaria fowleri

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 May 2022 at 10:38am
Optimist wrote:

Sunday message…written 2750 years ago….
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches the heavens out like a curtain…and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in….Isaiah 40:22……
An ancient writing of interest to the physics minded.

Geez Optimist, so now you are a ‘fence sitter’, sitting up there all alone on the Ozone layer chewing away at the triatomic matter,looking down on creation (all 5mins of it) wow, you are multi skilled, I gotta give it to you, you are one talented male or female, now you are a bloody entomologist, what else have you created in that brain of yours. I doubt whether any of Australia’s cereal crop farmers would want anymore grasshoppers than they had last Summer. Just a bit of fun.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Friday, 6 May 2022 at 11:19am
stunet wrote:

There are some things you should hush up about, Sybil

I’ve only ever posted under differing names due to necessity. I’d still proudly be Blowin if it wasn’t for those with perennially blood splattered panties.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 6 May 2022 at 11:33am

I see you boys haven’t been surfing the nice E swell….idle hands they say…..

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 6 May 2022 at 11:40am

Wonder if Gary Ablett snr knows he has his own thread on swellnet ?

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 6 May 2022 at 12:08pm
goofyfoot wrote:

Wonder if Gary Ablett snr knows he has his own thread on swellnet ?

:-)

Further proof that there’s at least two Gods. There was that other fella who proved quite “handy”….

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 May 2022 at 12:11pm
Optimist wrote:

I see you boys haven’t been surfing the nice E swell….idle hands they say…..

Pretty hard Optimist, 1000’s kms from that coast, I must say it’s a pretty apt name for a truly religious person. Coming from you, you make feel creepy just thinking about ‘your idle hands’, disgusting. But after all, you do follow the church and it’s beliefs and reputations. Just a bit of fun.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 6 May 2022 at 3:22pm

How religion started.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 6 May 2022 at 4:23pm

Try Genesis 1:1

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 6 May 2022 at 4:42pm

You still don't understand that there are many religions in the world and possibly universe.
All trying to explain how we got here and how everything works.
Faith is stopping you from questioning the universe, kind of sad really.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 May 2022 at 9:05pm
groundswell wrote:

You still don't understand that there are many religions in the world and possibly universe.
All trying to explain how we got here and how everything works.
Faith is stopping you from questioning the universe, kind of sad really.

Groundswell. How’s that change of diet and lifestyle going over there in KBI ? Hope you are well mate.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 6 May 2022 at 10:09pm

Alfred its going good thanks, eating lots of veggies and a bit of chicken, bought some avocado's but got home and they weren't' in my box or backseat so must have gone to the person behind me on the queue.
Haven't checked my weight but i feel a lot better, drinking water about 12 glasses a day as before i had a little stint back on the turps and beer, if not surfing or working was drinking about 12 beers a day. Saving coin not drinking beer or buying tobacco anymore.Indo is on the cards if its not too crowded according to my friends in Lampung or Bengkulu.Or maybe g-land for 4 weeks as its so expensive now, i think g-land is $1000 a week now.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 8 May 2022 at 4:41am

Happy Mother’s Day…..a commandment and a promise.
Honour your father and your mother as the Lord God has commanded you, that your days may be long and it may be well with you in the land that the Lord God has given you. deut 5:16.
If your anyone like me, your dear old mum wasn’t always that dear to you. My mum came from the stock of shearers and farmers right back to 1788 and off the first fleet. She was one tough lady as was her mum. I remember the first time I got drunk at age 15 she punched me in the face when I got home. When I was a kid I was strapped with a belt which seemed like it was daily for any minor infringement. She was also addicted to the good old bex and Vincent’s powders which I had to go daily to the service station for her to get her fix. My dad would wind her up too as he was sometimes abusive and then would rack off and leave me to deal with the consequences. But…she was still my mum and I loved her and never gave up on her. I knew she loved me too but didn’t really know how to show it I think. As the years went by she softened so much, then I had kids and I would watch her with them still tough but a very tender nana.
So what’s my point.?…. Even though I didn’t know it at the time , I continued to honour her as most of you would , as my mother and the one who bore me…I would at least give her that credit even though I didn’t have that nice bond I see other people have. …But….that has changed, she is completely different now, so soft and loving a real sweety….I love to visit her as do my brothers and my kids and their kids…how people can soften and change is one of life’s great things….I’m going out into the country town she lives in today to take her to the pub for lunch.
She is a grand old lady now…86 and still lives on her own…always will since dad passed…..worlds best baker…generous and loving….My Mum God bless her…happy Mother’s Day.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 8 May 2022 at 8:22am

No one needs god to command them how to treat their Mum and Dad or anyone. People know what is right and what is wrong.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 8 May 2022 at 4:08pm

Should be good viewing.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 9:14pm
Roadkill wrote:

No one needs god to command them how to treat their Mum and Dad or anyone. People know what is right and what is wrong.

Any cafe's on Mothers day Toady?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 9:39pm

" 26 But Lot's wife, behind him, looked back, and she became a pillar of salt."

Yep that absolutely happened alright and still happens all the time to this day.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 10:23pm

Don’t be silly. It’s an historical document.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 5:40am

Is it a pillar of iodised salt? Or a pillar of Himalayan sea salt? …and could you use it on sandwiches?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 5:52pm
Roadkill wrote:

Is it a pillar of iodised salt? Or a pillar of Himalayan sea salt? …and could you use it on sandwiches?

Strange you asked because when my younger brother turned into a pillar of salt he was iodized salt but when my mother turned into a pillar of salt she was Himalayan salt and tasted very good on sandwiches.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 13 May 2022 at 12:57pm
groundswell wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Strange you asked because when my younger brother turned into a pillar of salt he was iodized salt but when my mother turned into a pillar of salt she was Himalayan salt and tasted very good on sandwiches.

I wonder if you scratched off a hand of salt and bottled it...and carried it around...you would get charged with people smuggling?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 5:57pm

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 10:33pm

In reference to Optimist dissing Tom Tilley because he was born into a silly incarnation of many silly incarnations of a silly belief.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/may/06/tom-tilley-on-growing-up-h...

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 10:36pm

The point being he began to think for himself.