All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 19 Feb 2023 at 7:34am

How does God see you..? One of my favourite stories Jesus told was the prodigal son in Luke chapter 15….His dad was a wealthy businessmen who had two sons. The younger one was getting bored with normal life and dreamed of trying different things. He didn’t want to wait for his dad to die to get his inheritance but asked for it early so he could go and do his own thing. His father regrettably agreed and divided his wealth to the young son and …away he went. He lived the so called high life and partied hard, drank like a fish and hired prostitutes. He wasted everything on wild living. Then a depression came and everyone was broke. He could only get a job feeding pigs. After he came to his senses he thought, my dads employees eat well and live well ,I’ll go home apologise, humble myself and see if dad will hire me as a labourer…..As he approached home his dad saw him coming and was overcome with joy. He put on a welcome party for the boy and was never happier. The eldest son though , wouldn’t come and had the shits. His dad found him and heard his complaint, this young son of yours wasted his life and you gave him a party and I’ve been faithful and never gave me a celebration. His father answered him, son, I love you and everything I have is yours, but your brother was dead and is alive again, he was lost and now is found….something well worth celebrating.
That’s how God sees you.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 3:27pm
seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 4:01pm

You’re talking to the brain dead Suchas.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 4:21pm

Have a look at the decadent history of Roman Catholic popes going back hundreds of years and you won’t be surprised…..and then …don’t confuse these people with Jesus as it’s an insult….there’s a free series streaming called “the chosen” from Angel studios…watch it and see what the real Jesus is like….after all, it’s your own history done really well on the small screen.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 5:06pm

Genesis 19:1–38

God Rescues Lot

19 The two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and bowed himself with his face to the earth 2 and said, “My lords, please turn aside to your servant’s house and spend the night sand wash your feet. Then you may rise up early and go on your way.” They said, t“No; we will spend the night in the town square.” 3 But he pressed them strongly; so they turned aside to him and entered his house. And he made them a feast and baked unleavened bread, and they ate.

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house. 5 And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them and rape them.” 6 Lot went out to the men at the entrance, shut the door after him, 7 and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. 8 xBehold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please. Only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.” 9 But they said, “Stand back!” And they said, “This fellow came to sojourn, and zhe has become the judge! Now we will deal worse with you than with them.” Then they pressed hard against the man Lot, and drew near to break the door down. 10 But the men reached out their hands and brought Lot into the house with them and shut the door. 11 And they struck with ablindness the men who were at the entrance of the house, both small and great, so that they wore themselves out groping for the door.

12 Then the men said to Lot, “Have you anyone else here? Sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or anyone you have in the city, bbring them out of the place. 13 For we are about to destroy this place, cbecause the outcry against its people has become great before the Lord, and the Lord has sent us to destroy it.” 14 So Lot went out and said to his sons-in-law, who were to marry his daughters, d“Up! Get out of this place, for the Lord is about to destroy the city.” But he seemed to his sons-in-law to be jesting.

15 As morning dawned, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Up! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, lest you be swept away in the punishment of the city.” 16 But he lingered. So the men seized him and his wife and his two daughters by the hand, ethe Lord being merciful to him, and they brought him out and set him outside the city. 17 And as they brought them out, one said, “Escape for your life. fDo not look back or stop anywhere in the gvalley. Escape to the hills, lest you be swept away.” 18 And Lot said to them, “Oh, no, my lords. 19 Behold, your servant has found favor in your sight, and you have shown me great kindness in saving my life. But I cannot escape to the hills, lest the disaster overtake me and I die. 20 Behold, this city is near enough to flee to, and it is a little one. Let me escape there—is it not a little one?—and my life will be saved!” 21 He said to him, “Behold, I grant you this favor also, that I will not overthrow the city of which you have spoken. 22 Escape there quickly, for I can do nothing till you arrive there.” Therefore the name of the city was called hZoar.1

God Destroys Sodom

23 The sun had risen on the earth when Lot came to Zoar. 24 Then ithe Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from the Lord out of heaven. 25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground. 26 But Lot’s wife, behind him, looked back, and she became ja pillar of salt.

27 And Abraham went early in the morning to the place where he had kstood before the Lord. 28 And he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah and toward all the land of the valley, and he looked and, behold, the smoke of the land went up like the smoke of a furnace.

29 So it was that, when God destroyed the cities of the valley, God lremembered Abraham and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow when he overthrew the cities in which Lot had lived.

Lot and His Daughters

30 Now Lot went up out of Zoar and mlived in the hills with his two daughters, for he was afraid to live in Zoar. So he lived in a cave with his two daughters. 31 And the firstborn said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of all the earth. 32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” 33 So they made their father drink wine that night. And the firstborn went in and lay with her father. He did not know when she lay down or when she arose.

34 The next day, the firstborn said to the younger, “Behold, I lay last night with my father. Let us make him drink wine tonight also. Then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” 35 So they made their father drink wine that night also. And the younger arose and lay with him, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. 36 Thus both the daughters of Lot became pregnant by their father. 37 The firstborn bore a son and called his name Moab.2 nHe is the father of the Moabites to this day. 38 The younger also bore a son and called his name Ben-ammi.3 oHe is the father of the Ammonites to this day.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 5:15pm

Oh shit. Not The Chosen again! I enjoyed it. Also at an 80’s family gathering in Hawthorn, Brisbane,10 years old at Christmas time I was so bored with the family gathering I got engrossed in Ben Hur on TV. It’s my favourite movie ever. But, it didn’t turn me. Even at that age of 10 I thought this is ridiculous.? But it gave me a life long interest in biblical beliefs. Still a topic of interest to this day

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 5:31pm

So you do have taste….good to hear…until The Chosen was made, Ben Hur and Forrest Gump were my all time favourites.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 5:33pm

“ The eldest son though , wouldn’t come and had the shits.” Did Jesus really say that??

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 5:39pm

No
I’ve got brains
Even up to when The Chosen was released
From that young age I’ve wondered how can people believe this. No different now. Many other beliefs I’ve studied but no change. Very interested though.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 5:37pm

Can 1.3bil good folkes be so easily led down the wrong path?
https://www.worlddata.info/religions/catholics.php

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 5:40pm

I think that’s an affirmative

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 6:15pm
Optimist wrote:

So you do have taste….good to hear…until The Chosen was made, Ben Hur and Forrest Gump were my all time favourites.

Ben Hur you say Opti?

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 7:13pm
Optimist wrote:

Have a look at the decadent history of Roman Catholic popes going back hundreds of years and you won’t be surprised…..and then …don’t confuse these people with Jesus as it’s an insult….there’s a free series streaming called “the chosen” from Angel studios…watch it and see what the real Jesus is like….after all, it’s your own history done really well on the small screen.

Optimist. Hi. How are you ? . Are you a religious ‘stand up comedian’ ? I think you are playing us all here. I nearly choked on my chicken kofta, steamed corn and two veg’s.
You must be in a comical mood, have you been reading all of Groundswell’s posts recently, a bit of his love potion appears to have rubbed off on you and you’re in a swinging mood thats for sure with this statement , “after all its your own history” . Says who ? Just a bit of fun. AW.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Monday, 20 Feb 2023 at 7:27pm
Optimist wrote:

How does God see you..? One of my favourite stories Jesus told was the prodigal son in Luke chapter 15….His dad was a wealthy businessmen who had two sons. The younger one was getting bored with normal life and dreamed of trying different things. He didn’t want to wait for his dad to die to get his inheritance but asked for it early so he could go and do his own thing. His father regrettably agreed and divided his wealth to the young son and …away he went. He lived the so called high life and partied hard, drank like a fish and hired prostitutes. He wasted everything on wild living. Then a depression came and everyone was broke. He could only get a job feeding pigs. After he came to his senses he thought, my dads employees eat well and live well ,I’ll go home apologise, humble myself and see if dad will hire me as a labourer…..As he approached home his dad saw him coming and was overcome with joy. He put on a welcome party for the boy and was never happier. The eldest son though , wouldn’t come and had the shits. His dad found him and heard his complaint, this young son of yours wasted his life and you gave him a party and I’ve been faithful and never gave me a celebration. His father answered him, son, I love you and everything I have is yours, but your brother was dead and is alive again, he was lost and now is found….something well worth celebrating.
That’s how God sees you.

Optimist. the first half of that paragraph sounds like my previous wild life.

I recommend Imodium to the eldest son. It’s found at most pharmacy’s , great for diarrhoea and is not very expensive, maybe you could sneakily put your hand in the plate this Sunday and steal a couple of bucks. AW.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 26 Feb 2023 at 6:53am

The priests asked Jesus..”what is the greatest commandment”, Jesus replied..” Love the Lord your God with all your heart ,with all your soul and with all your mind”……and the second is like it “Love your neighbour as yourself”…..
The whole law was reduced down to these two statements….Love God and He will guide you and watch over you…Love people and you won’t commit any crime against them…no murder, no theft, nor steal, nor covet, nor war…..During the sermon on the mount in Matthew 5,6,7…Jesus made a statement that shattered everyone…” Love your enemies , do good to those that hate you, that you may be children of your father”….See your neighbour and your enemy like unto yourself and things will become a little more clear….it’s a much bigger picture, this little terrarium called earth.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Sunday, 26 Feb 2023 at 10:13am

I have never quite understood why endless worship and praise is so important for the lord.

Has he a very big ego? An inferiority complex?

Surely he is way above such a human behavioural trait of seeking edification and validation.

Might not the endless cacophony of hymns and praise be irritating him?

Maybe he would prefer all that energy going into more practical outcomes - good works?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 26 Feb 2023 at 4:32pm
frog wrote:

I have never quite understood why endless worship and praise is so important for the lord.

Has he a very big ego? An inferiority complex?

Surely he is way above such a human behavioural trait of seeking edification and validation.

Might not the endless cacophony of hymns and praise be irritating him?

Maybe he would prefer all that energy going into more practical outcomes - good works?

He???? Could be a she ..

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 3 Mar 2023 at 8:20pm
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 4 Mar 2023 at 11:53am

Nice work udo ;)

- flopti might learn a thing or two bfore another superficial sunday sermon…

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/Ip8OfRXq65Y

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 4 Mar 2023 at 4:01pm

ACL more splitters than a old paling fence

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/inside-the-australian-christi...

Comments make amusing reading as well

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 5 Mar 2023 at 5:58am

Udo, you need to get your timelines right when your watching you tubers as Islam created by Mohammad comes 500 years after Jesus and the old moon god name allah was used for his god. They even use the old crescent moon symbol and the meccan kaabah rituals from the worship of the sun, moon, and stars long before islam. It is a very new religion. Jelly has nothing to offer as usual and Guys hate of Christians still evident. Martin Iles is a great young guy, not perfect as he will admit but at 34 years old amazing and he left because he's more a preacher that a politician and the ACL is a political lobby group so I was amazed he lasted 5 years there.
To close for a long while I'm going to repost this video of the earths ruling civilisations timeline that I put up a while ago. The king of the first great empire Babylon had a dream, it was interpreted by a young captive prince and this video shows the dream very well. The earth is about to change very quickly as evil politics globally and moral decline is heading to a peak soon. If you cant feel it in the air your not paying attention and its going to get a lot worse which is really bad for an Optimist like me. Fortunately my real optimism is in Christ and not men. Enjoy the 3 minute video...we are in the toes of the image.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 5 Mar 2023 at 7:47am

Still over 400,000 years to go...
Bible not really that original ey.

https://popularvedicscience.com/history/yugas/how-long-is-kali-yuga/

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 5 Mar 2023 at 7:57am

Optimist - You need to watch Sins of the Amish

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 5 Mar 2023 at 10:35am

Flopti exclaims …

‘The earth is about to change very quickly as evil politics globally and moral decline is heading to a peak soon.’

- Why are you still trying to project your fantasies and guesstimating as facts ?

You’ve been harping on about this sudden and obvious decline for a while now ;)

When have politics not been evil ?

How do you actually know something bad is definitely going to happen ?

- good and bad things continue to occur every day… always have!

How can you pretend to be an optimist with such a dark, doomed perception of life and the world ?

The world is always changing, will always be changing and this happens sometimes suddenly ;)
And this has nothing to do with an apparent zombie guy called jesus…

If the power of jesus is as real as you profess then love will prevail and all will be forgiven !

- maybe cheer up and look ahead with light and hope for a change ay ;)

After all, how is your take on things so unique and divine and certain ?

Are you just making stuff up according to your interpretation of what may happen ?

Where is it that your estimations and predictions are accurate or genuine ?

Meanwhile…
Remember biblical times ;)

You know… the slavery.
You know… the child sacrifice.
You know… the crucifying people bit.

Not sure the moral compass of those times are anything to be measured by ;)

- Quality of life has improved immeasurably. Boundless opportunity awaits. And yet, apparently calamity is on the horizon - according to imaginary scenarios provided by ancient dreams of supposed prophecy.

Wow.

Ever heard that more recent saying…
It’s kind of relevant ;)

- ‘Tell him he’s dreaming son’ ;);)

… This 3 minutes here might lift spirits better than incessant religious fear mongering dribble ;)

https://m.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 5 Mar 2023 at 10:52am

You’re a hoot optimoron if I hate anything it’s the hypocrisy of your prosperity gospel and false piety

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 5 Mar 2023 at 2:37pm

The clip Udo put up was about the origins of the word Allah not when Islam started. As it explained Allah is the Arabic version. Arabic Christians call god Allah also.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 5 Mar 2023 at 6:43pm

Origins of allah= moon god…and other names too for moon god ….after Islam = god…arabs had many names for god before Islam…they were mostly polytheistic pagans and forgot their roots in Ishmael who served the God of the Jews and Christians…God himself protected Ishmael and he became an archer and the first Bedouin Arab being a son of Abraham.. ..much later in history as Mohammad’s Islam grew stronger it was incorporated into the language as allah god….even Indonesians who called God Tuhan ended up calling him Allah under religious pressure and language change.
Study is better than you tube.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 5 Mar 2023 at 7:31pm

You’re missing my point. You yourself just explained it’s ancient origin. It has nothing to do with the establishment of Islam. Whether pagan in origin or if it means moon god or not it is the Arabic word for god hence even most Arabic Christians call god Allah.
The meaning of Allah as moon god is also disputed. Search Allah as a lunar deity and Wiki pops up (as it does for everything) . First page it mentions yank Christians pushing propaganda as fact. Depends what you study doesn’t it Opti?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah_as_a_lunar_deity

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 5 Mar 2023 at 9:22pm

Ooops that’s inconvenient opti, talking about going back to the ancient history of far right US christian propaganda of the 1990s

Not very truthful of you there pal, deceitful in fact. Is that still a sin or is all forgiven in these if you’re happy and you know clap your hands (in the air) days?

Hypocrite

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 5 Mar 2023 at 9:42pm

More from the same Wikipedia page

However, recent research from various sources have proven that the "evidence" used by Morey was of the statue retrieved from an excavation site at Hazor, of which there is no connection to "Allah" at all.[16] In fact, Bible scholar and mission strategist Rick Brown openly disagrees with this approach and said:

Those who claim that Allah is a pagan deity, most notably the moon god, often base their claims on the fact that a symbol of the crescent moon adorns the tops of many mosques and is widely used as a symbol of Islam. It is in fact true that before the coming of Islam many "gods" and idols were worshipped in the Middle East, but the name of the moon god was Sîn, not Allah, and he was not particularly popular in Arabia, the birthplace of Islam. The most prominent idol in Mecca was a god called Hubal, and there is no proof that he was a moon god. It is sometimes claimed that there is a temple to the moon god at Hazor in Palestine. This is based on a representation there of a supplicant wearing a crescent-like pendant. It is not clear, however, that the pendant symbolizes a moon god, and in any case this is not an Arab religious site but an ancient Canaanite site, which was destroyed by Joshua in about 1250 BC. ... If the ancient Arabs worshipped hundreds of idols, then no doubt the moon god Sîn was included, for even the Hebrews were prone to worship the sun and the moon and the stars, but there is no clear evidence that moon-worship was prominent among the Arabs in any way or that the crescent was used as the symbol of a moon god, and Allah was certainly not the moon god's name.[17]

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 6 Mar 2023 at 5:51am

First you have to ask what was in the Kaaba before Islam, this is islams most sacred site in Mecca… then understand that the word Allah means “ the god” but the main one in the Kaaba was Hubal the moon god….so, the origins are “ the god..Hubal.” Or, Ilah Hubal …Allah Hubal…also Allah sin…After Islam started the pagan site was adopted as its main place of worship and the word Allah “ the god” became Allah “god”. Then you have to ask why would Mohammad recycle a very popular but completely pagan site into a holy one to him…perhaps a quick way to pull a crowd…a bit like the Roman Empire blending pagan Rome with Christianity…the result a dodgy place called the Vatican…anyway , there a lot of mysteries to unearth in ancient history but it’s good to have a dig….good for the little grey cells.
For a good look back in time, watch “the chosen “by Angel studios….it’s free and a real connection to the past.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 6 Mar 2023 at 10:51am

It’s obvious you’re quoting Christian sources. Everything secular or Muslim based that I read on the subject clearly separate Hubal and Allah as being distinct from one another and that neither was a moon god.
What’s your source Optimist?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 6 Mar 2023 at 1:44pm

Tomato, never BBQ oh and Mae Ploy sweet chilli another fav.

PS you won’t get pre Muslim stuff from hardcore muslims as they alter history to suit,…and wiki is sometimes good but often Wakky…not even allowed in colleges as a reference. Just keep digging and you’ll be fine….and yes I have some Muslim friends in indo who are open to discussion on many topics…two young clerics I met once appreciated a little New Testament bible I gave them with psalms and proverbs in It as well because they are into king David and king Solomon.
The greatest deception in Islam that excludes them from the salvation message is that “ Allah has no son “ this contradicts the true God who has a son “the messiah “ and is co- equal and co exists with the father. The son is the visible image of the invisible God and shares the same ghost or spirit making Him the same as God but in a visible form as we have seen in history….back to my fencing and it’s hot too.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 6 Mar 2023 at 1:54pm

Shit joke and won’t answer.
Yep it’s no doubt you right into that discredited 20th century Christian propaganda to discredit Islam as a pagan religion under a pagan god. Study? Ha what a joke. Sad man.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 6 Mar 2023 at 2:31pm
Optimist wrote:

PS you won’t get pre Muslim stuff from hardcore muslims as they alter history to suit,…

Like the second testament? What was wrong with the first one?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 6 Mar 2023 at 4:45pm

3-D30-D410-1-F3-E-441-C-9-EE1-4-C198-AB19-C0-D

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 6 Mar 2023 at 5:48pm

Ha yeah there’s some history they’d like to alter

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 6 Mar 2023 at 6:44pm

Guys constant obsession with pedophilia is perhaps a reflection on his character. Perhaps you should join the Roman Catholic order Guy….the rest of the real christians are out looking after the needy and like my wife , housing the homeless which is currently growing to be a big thing, running food banks and organising doctors overseas , mercy ships , taking in abused kids in foster care, running drug and alcohol rehab, you know, all the stuff God said to do….so please give your hate a rest.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 6 Mar 2023 at 6:48pm
Optimist wrote:

Guys constant obsession with pedophilia is perhaps a reflection on his character. Perhaps you should join the Roman Catholic order Guy….the rest of the real christians are out looking after the needy and like my wife , housing the homeless which is currently growing to be a big thing, running food banks and organising doctors overseas , mercy ships , taking in abused kids in foster care, running drug and alcohol rehab, you know, all the stuff God said to do….so please give your hate a rest.

Did you mourn the death of Pell?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 6 Mar 2023 at 10:27pm

Are those good deeds free of (your) religious preaching opti, service provided no religious strings attached, or is that an integral part of the meal deal? The MO?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 7 Mar 2023 at 5:29am

Nope, all volunteers, no strings attached, no favour of one person above another, the word charity actually means love, and the master giver Jesus Christ commands that we the people of earth love one another as He loved us. He surprised so many people with His choice of characters that He healed and taught. Some people expand their community by war, some by financial gain, but Christianity is spread by a message of love and then the deeds to back it up….takes a bit of practise too, as well as Gods help to be nice, because your old nature often kicks in and sometimes you just want to slap someone.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 7 Mar 2023 at 8:08am

Nice lil preaching there opti but you avoided the question.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Tuesday, 7 Mar 2023 at 8:42am

The first rule of Opti's Club is: you do not answer tricky questions.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 7 Mar 2023 at 9:21am

Opti, did you mourn the death of Pell and did you preach your religion to the people you are helping?

Pretty simple questions.

wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Tuesday, 7 Mar 2023 at 10:18am
Optimist wrote:

wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Tuesday, 7 Mar 2023 at 10:59am

I mean since when did anybody need permission from some alleged so called god to do some good in this world? and I hate to say it, but I'm with Burls on this one - what about all the preaching/kiddy fiddling?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 10 Mar 2023 at 4:59am

Breaking news, Guy Smiley has worked out Pell and Houston are dodgy. Don’t worry about all the good people like the Salvos etc, fixate on Pell and Houston aaark Pell and Houston aaark….give the atheist a cracker please.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Friday, 10 Mar 2023 at 7:25am
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 10 Mar 2023 at 8:26am

Flopti :

‘all the good people like the salvos etc’

Redefining ‘good people’ through the flopti lens ;)

- We know who needs the cracker ;);)

Quick…
Scramble for an imagined explanation ;)
Make some shit up.

The link from suchas shows how far you got ya head up your clacker !