World title 2021

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 5:14pm

Who’s gonna take home the silverware?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 5:16pm

Don’t for a second think Gabby isn’t capable of sending anyone and everyone home with their nuts in their stomach.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 5:46pm

TBH, couldn't give a rats. Can hardly call it a "world tour" when most of the best waves aren't even being competed in.
A bit like 2001.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 6:38pm

So the tittle is being decided at Trestles???

That's so depressing and wrong, Trestles would be fun to surf but its not Pipe.

Looks like it's Gabbys to lose but id love to see Filipe take it out, my Fav of the Brazzos.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 6:40pm

Like to see Morgan take it out obviously being an Ozzie but don’t like his chances. Once he’s done I’m not fussed what happens after that.

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 6:55pm

Seems the Big O didn't make the cut for next year. Hard to believe. Maybe its an indication of how the dream tour ain't so dreamy after all

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 6:57pm

I think Morgs has a punchers chance.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 7:28pm

between meds and italo..........

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 7:30pm

Me too Indo. Would love to see Toledo get a world title.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 8:14pm

I don’t think Toledo deserves to be a world champ until he starts charging when it’s big and scary and stops being a pussy.

Yeah he’s a small waves wizard but a w.c needs to be excellent in every condition imo.
Gabe and Italo often put out clips of them out at big Pipe having a crack but you never see any of Toledo.

Edit. I never see it anyway.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 28 Aug 2021 at 8:18pm

Agreed Goofy. A 0.00 heat score at Teahupoo a few years ago and he has barely improved on that since. Can't imagine he's put alot of time in there either since that big wipeout he had freesurfing there a few years ago. Probably shot what last bit of confidence he had in the place. Would be a joke if he was a world champion but it would be fitting to the current WSL business model and structure.

lilas's picture
lilas's picture
lilas Sunday, 29 Aug 2021 at 12:37pm

Yes, Toledo does not charge big waves, but his surfing is so much more enjoyable to watch than Gabs or Italo.
Toledo's carves are a cut above almost anyone's on tour and are often underscored in my opinion. Too much focus on Airs these days, therefor Gabs and Italo always win. Such a narrow focus for what surfing encompasses.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 29 Aug 2021 at 12:40pm

I'd like to see Toledo win. Have been impressed when I've seen him (so fast at Winki, solid on that big Bells day too). Those 360s at decent size J-Bay were something else, and he was trying to go a bit beyond in the turns at most recent Margs.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 29 Aug 2021 at 12:53pm