2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 7:08pm
Vic Local wrote:

"There will always be incidents where you have rogue soldiers, that life it's between them and defence force and has zero to do with anyone else."
Oh my ID, you really are clueless about how these things work.
The reason why you hear about the rogue soldiers isn't because the military are keen to prosecute their own. You hear about the rogue soldiers who murder innocent civilians because of people like Assange, brave whistleblowers and the media. did you see how long the SAS shitshow went on before we actually found out about the civilian murders?
What's painfully fucking obvious to everyone except people like you is our military does have rogue soldiers, our normal soldiers can't or won't blow the whistle on them, and our really brave soldiers go through the media and Wikileaks to expose war crimes. They often pay a very high price for exposing the uncomfortable truth. You'd like to lock them up, I reckon they deserve a medal and they play an important role in keeping our soldiers accountable.
I still reckon the main reason why you hate Assange soooooooo much is because he made you look at really uncomfortable things that completely clashed with your world view.

I dont hate Assange i just think he is a fool that played stupid games and just hasn't got all the stupid prizes yet cause a lot of then are waiting in the USA for him.

BTW. my old man went to Vietnam and has Vietnam Veterans mates with kids in the military etc, im going to take the shit ive heard from him snd his mates over the shit you spin on the topic, especially seeing it's been shown time and time again that you think you are an expert on pretty much everything but generally clueless on everything.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 23 Jan 2022 at 8:11pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

"There will always be incidents where you have rogue soldiers, that life it's between them and defence force and has zero to do with anyone else."
Oh my ID, you really are clueless about how these things work.
The reason why you hear about the rogue soldiers isn't because the military are keen to prosecute their own. You hear about the rogue soldiers who murder innocent civilians because of people like Assange, brave whistleblowers and the media. did you see how long the SAS shitshow went on before we actually found out about the civilian murders?
What's painfully fucking obvious to everyone except people like you is our military does have rogue soldiers, our normal soldiers can't or won't blow the whistle on them, and our really brave soldiers go through the media and Wikileaks to expose war crimes. They often pay a very high price for exposing the uncomfortable truth. You'd like to lock them up, I reckon they deserve a medal and they play an important role in keeping our soldiers accountable.
I still reckon the main reason why you hate Assange soooooooo much is because he made you look at really uncomfortable things that completely clashed with your world view.

I dont hate Assange i just think he is a fool that played stupid games and just hasn't got all the stupid prizes yet cause a lot of then are waiting in the USA for him.

BTW. my old man went to Vietnam and has Vietnam Veterans mates with kids in the military etc, im going to take the shit ive heard from him snd his mates over the shit you spin on the topic, especially seeing it's been shown time and time again that you think you are an expert on pretty much everything but generally clueless on everything.

Vietnam eh? Now there's a war where there wasn't one single war crime. All that long box dropping of napalm didn't hurt a single civilians. Oh and free fire zones were the same. Now I know that last sarcastic sentence is going to shit you big time. It doesn't mean it's wrong though.
And once again, we only know this because of whistleblowers exposing war crimes on a massive scale.
BTW I've got a lot of sympathy for our troops in that war especially those who were conscripted. They were sold a lie and a one way ticket to that shitshow.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 24 Jan 2022 at 8:32pm

Scomo's finest hour...(Friday 9:00 / 21st Jan 2022 Davos World Economic Forum)

tbb will tee up this Vid for PM' followers...can our PM win over the crew with his best speech!
PM is not seen as world wise, more world villain...our weakest link...(Does it need a Warning!)
Tell us tbb...Who are we going to War with next Week?
Don't be silly...gulp!
Speech is a bit blustery but solid enough...Q&A looks set up, but Daggy Dad holds his own.

Labor will study this Vid...mostly because they know, that the PM can be sharp & is no push over.
Excellent notes & bullet points make for a very formidable tuff to beat Election Speech.
Sure! He stumbles a bit...but it's all very natural & these stutters actually iron out his Bully persona.
You kinda know that he's a Bully but he's OK kept on a leash...out on the Patio! Yours! Not mine! Ok then!

Again! This vid shows PM at his best...he is Australia's PM so that reflects well on us...Maybe! A joke!
tbb will stop short of a salute but thinks we should share his Vid with the crew that might like this!

Anyhow! Introducing our PM that didn't embarrass us on the World stage...(Impossible, you say!)
Just saying, if this was PM's pitch to Voters...he's not outta the race & will present large on the day!
https://www.weforum.org/events/the-davos-agenda-2022/sessions/special-ad...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 11:22am

ol' clive going hard on the anti lnp sentiment...

reckons he's poached a bunch of greenies too

geez I might just give him a generous number myself...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=480828693399288&id=100044164...

Roystein's picture
Roystein's picture
Roystein Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 12:46pm

I reckon Clive will have a big showing this election

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 1:05pm
Roystein wrote:

Has he paid what he owes to his mine workers yet?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 2:32pm
Roystein wrote:

What Clive, Hanson, Kelly, the DLP, and other nutter micro parties are fighting for is the idiot vote. The 5-7% of the population that are racist, anti-vax, anti-govt or just plain stupid. You know the people who vote for the UAP because they saw a billboard and like the colour yellow.
In the lower house, this vote will be funnelled through preferences to the LNP. The moron vote is too stupid to understand the voting system so they get played. These idiots suck up all the anti-govt rhetoric, and then end up voting to the actual people in power.
In the Senate the alt-right scum are fighting it out for the 6th spot in the states. They will all preference each other hoping to get enough for a quota. This is highly unlikely to happen in Tas, Vic, SA. 50:50 in WA and NSW and close to 100% in QLD. Those folk north of the Tweed usually send at least one absolute fruitcake to Canberra.
If it's Clive, and he doesn't have the BOP, that fat bastard will sit there at tax payer's expense, impotent for a while before punting his chair-warming job onto some other LNP stooge.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 3:05pm

"What Clive, Hanson, Kelly, the DLP, and other nutter micro parties are fighting for is the idiot vote. The 5-7% of the population that are racist, anti-vax, anti-govt or just plain stupid..."

i think you might need to update your broken record narrative numbers there champ...

big clive just told me he has 80 000 members... 'biggest party in australia' ... 'bigger than labor and liberal'...

by members...

i reckon hanson and clive are fighting over way way more than any ridiculous propagandaist figure of 5%...

but you keep telling yourself that champ... positive affirmations are important... until they're not....

oh yeh, he also said he's got thousands of former greens voters as members... bloody racists!

can't wait for this election... shaping up to be a doozy... in so many ways...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 3:21pm

"big clive just told me he has 80 000 members... 'biggest party in australia' ... 'bigger than labor and liberal'...

by members..."
Absolutely hilarious sypkan. And you believe Clive?

There's no checks or balances in his sign up form mate. It's free too. I signed up as Clive Isafatbastard and also as Juan Ina Milyon.

Anyone who believes Clive palmer's crap has absolute shit for brains.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 3:22pm

As I read elsewhere, perhaps the best way to set Australia’s wayward democracy back on course isn’t to hope that millions of Australians vote independent, so that the duopoly major parties get relegated to the dustbin.

Maybe our best tactic is to reclaim the ALP from the ground up with a grassroots members drive and oust the current clowns that way. Apparently it’d only take about 50,000 people to be able to completely reclaim the party from the unrepresentative careerist shit bags who have usurped the political voice of the working class for their own selfish interests.

Imagine an ALP which cans the Big Australia mass immigration Ponzi scheme and kicked the neoliberal privatisation model for good.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 3:22pm

BTW sypkan, I'm pretty sure Biccus Dickus and Incontinentia Buttocks are members of the UAP too.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 4:07pm

I believe you like 'the saturday paper' as a source...

"Palmer’s UAP now largest party by membership"

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/politics/2021/10/16/palmers-uap...

how do you do it?

so so consistently wrong, ...all the time....

is it art?

a pisstake?

blind faith ideology?

the drive to push propaganda so strong you just don't care?

you're dumb?

...thick as two short planks genuinely struggling?

serious questions... it intrigues me...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 4:22pm

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/clive-palmers...
No mate, it's being in touch with reality.
Palmer the least like politician in Australia with only 8% favourable view.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/palmer-hanson-joyce-lead-the-lis...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 4:32pm

I wouldn't take too much notice of polls like least liked, it just means people either love or hate them, while many other politicians are so vanilla nobody cares less about them either way.

Also a lot of people could just end up voting for someone like Clives party, just because they dont want to vote Labor, LNP or Greens and just want to stick it to the man type thing and whatever party they know is anti majors they will vote for.

It's an interesting read to read FB comments on United party post, they aren't the type of people you might expect they are, just everyday Aussies that most likely dont have any real right or left leanings and would never have voted for Clive before Covid.

Going to be interesting

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 4:36pm

dude, 80 000 members or not?

australia's largest party or not? (by members)

moving goalposts doesn't change reality...

Roystein's picture
Roystein's picture
Roystein Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022 at 9:06pm
Vic Local wrote:
Roystein wrote:

What Clive, Hanson, Kelly, the DLP, and other nutter micro parties are fighting for is the idiot vote. The 5-7% of the population that are racist, anti-vax, anti-govt or just plain stupid. You know the people who vote for the UAP because they saw a billboard and like the colour yellow.
In the lower house, this vote will be funnelled through preferences to the LNP. The moron vote is too stupid to understand the voting system so they get played. These idiots suck up all the anti-govt rhetoric, and then end up voting to the actual people in power.
In the Senate the alt-right scum are fighting it out for the 6th spot in the states. They will all preference each other hoping to get enough for a quota. This is highly unlikely to happen in Tas, Vic, SA. 50:50 in WA and NSW and close to 100% in QLD. Those folk north of the Tweed usually send at least one absolute fruitcake to Canberra.
If it's Clive, and he doesn't have the BOP, that fat bastard will sit there at tax payer's expense, impotent for a while before punting his chair-warming job onto some other LNP stooge.

Was nothing more than a gut feeling predication. If I needed to quantify it then it’s based on:
* he is well resourced
* he is strategic
* general malaise with the two party system
* knowing of one example (two degrees separated from me) of a young successful business man with progressive thinking, leaving his successful company (as in the one he owns) to run for Palmer in the House of Reps, largely off the back of his disillusionment with the handling of the pandemic and general unease with overreaching governments. Many more like him increasingly in the key sectors impacted by the pandemic such as health, education and hospitality based on the general chat I am hearing around the place.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 3:59pm

As if markymark hasn’t got enough on his plate. What happened to zoom for this type of thing ?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 4:11pm

Ha ha this is Gold

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 4:42pm

Truly ironic.
And on other matters…
41028-EA6-9009-4-BC7-A2-DC-976-C0-BB02526

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 6:39am

Watched Albos press club speech….need I say anymore….You guys can bag Morrison and team all you like and on some points I agree…but the team is pretty good and this is our countries management at stake and unfortunately I just can’t see any other players that are better at present. ….and like Forrest…that’s all I’m gonna say bout that.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 8:00am
Optimist wrote:

Watched Albos press club speech….need I say anymore….You guys can bag Morrison and team all you like and on some points I agree…but the team is pretty good and this is our countries management at stake and unfortunately I just can’t see any other players that are better at present. ….and like Forrest…that’s all I’m gonna say bout that.

Is it the corruption or incompetence of the pretty good LNP team the better attributes you are referring to?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 8:55am

What i find scary about this pandemic is how even a LNP government approach has been so draconian in nature and seen us critiqued on a world stage for our lack of freedoms, extended lockdowns etc.

Now imagine if Labor had been in, it would be up another level and we honestly could have still had borders shut for years and been in a never ending cycle of lockdowns.

I think the swinging voters out there really need to think seriously about this aspect.

Off course if you re some mug like VL, being lock downed in a bubble until 2025 would be their dream.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 9:06am

McGowan’s letting all international “students” into WA. What a dog.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 9:08am
indo-dreaming wrote:

What i find scary about this pandemic is how even a LNP government approach has been so draconian in nature and seen us critiqued on a world stage for our lack of freedoms, extended lockdowns etc.

Now imagine if Labor had been in, it would be up another level and we honestly could have still had borders shut for years and been in a never ending cycle of lockdowns.

I think the swinging voters out there really need to think seriously about this aspect.

Off course if you re some mug like VL, being lock downed in a bubble until 2025 would be their dream.

Or maybe we would have been vaccinated 6 months earlier and been prepared with available free RAT's for inevitable living with Covid.
Maybe grocery stores would not have had supply chain issues.
And maybe some companies that still made a profit did not get billions in tax payer dollars.
Maybe the university sector would have have adequate support.
Maybe a gas lead recovery of LNP donors would not be seen a best way to recovery, but a sustainable package.
Yep lucky we had the adults in charge...
What is debt now, up to $trillion? Debt and deficit disaster squawk squawk!!!
If it was not for the State governments (of both political parties) standing up to the do nothing Morrison govt we would have been farked.
Remember it was not a race and I'm off to the footy!!!
Geez the prick went for a Hawaiian holiday in middle of fire emergency.
Yep the quiet Australians have a bit to think about..

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:00am
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Or maybe we would have been vaccinated 6 months earlier and been prepared with available free RAT's for inevitable living with Covid.
And maybe some companies that still made a profit did not get billions in tax payer dollars.
Maybe a gas lead recovery of LNP donors would not be seen a best way to recovery, but a sustainable package.
If it was not for the State governments (of both political parties) standing up to the do nothing Morrison govt we would have been farked.

I get that you probably really do believe things would have been different or even better, but honestly i think you are kidding yourself and it's just as likely things could have been worst, reality is its a pandemic the whole system isn't designed to deal with a pandemic no country on earth is and all countries hit with Covid (99.9% of the world) have all kinds of issues some much worst than Australia and there isn't magical solutions to many of these problems.

In my own opinion probably the most important thing though has been the change of approach and mind set in the last few months and im not convince the change of mindset would have come so quickly under a Labor government.

I still think we need a change in midest on some aspects though and find a sensible middle ground, for instance i think this push to vaccinate children isn't right and is just fuelling an unrealistic fear in parents, if we look at things from a data and science perspective children are at such a tiny risk and vaccines are not preventing transmission, the money and focus would be much better spent focussing on higher risk groups where there really is risk.

But hey nobody is perfect and no government is, even in Singapore it hasn't been all smooth sailing.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:23am
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

I get that you probably really do believe things would have been different or even better, but honestly i think you are kidding yourself and it's just as likely things could have been worst, reality is its a pandemic the whole system isn't designed to deal with a pandemic no country on earth is and all countries hit with Covid (99.9% of the world) have all kinds of issues some much worst than Australia and there isn't magical solutions to many of these problems.

In my own opinion probably the most important thing though has been the change of approach and mind set in the last few months and im not convince the change of mindset would have come so quickly under a Labor government.

I still think we need a change in midest on some aspects though and find a sensible middle ground, for instance i think this push to vaccinate children isn't right and is just fuelling an unrealistic fear in parents, if we look at things from a data and science perspective children are at such a tiny risk and vaccines are not preventing transmission, the money and focus would be much better spent focussing on higher risk groups where there really is risk.

But hey nobody is perfect and no government is, even in Singapore it hasn't been all smooth sailing.

I agree with your points re vaccination of kids and mind set changing. However I believe, (opinion) that a Labor govt would have handled organisation and logistics better. Eg. Job keeper etc were essentially Labor, Greg Comber and Union ideas that were implemented by govt and then aspects stuffed up such as profitable companies keeping tax payer $$.
It would not have been perfect, but I reckon better. Really the States ran the show while Morrison sat back and took credit for things that went well and blamed others when they didn't...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:22am

I think the mindset would have changed no matter who was in govt once vaccine roll out occurred...
Everyone I know from any political persuasion is over lock downs and Covid...
I won't comment on Covid thread but yep, I cannot agree with mandatory vaccination if it does not reduce spread.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:30am
Michael Adam wrote:

McGowan’s letting all international “students” into WA. What a dog.

hahaha

so fucking typical!

people waiting years, literally, to visit family...

time to tear shit up

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:40am

"Everyone I know from any political persuasion is over lock downs and Covid..."

yep

that does seem to have great difficulties penetrating the labor brains trust though...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 2:12pm

Hey Indo, I found this the other day - you lose it?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 4:13pm

Is he really still around?.

Ha ha sorry ive never voted for him or that party or even considered it.

Funny how people picture others.

I think last time i voted was the first time ever I've voted conservative, i put One Nation first, with LNP second, i don't agree with half of One nations policies, but it was more a protest type vote because Aljazeera media went after Pauline, i just hated the fact they were trying to mess in our politics did it right before and election.

I will probably just vote LNP number one this time, for the first time ever.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 4:24pm

Most people i speak to love Mcgowans lockout policies but there are some people who hate him. Probably been stuck here away from families im guessing but i reckon he has done a great job keeping WA relatively covid free.
Even Scott Morrison calling him names hasn't faded him. I wont be voting for Scott next election.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 4:31pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Is he really still around?.

Ha ha sorry ive never voted for him or that party or even considered it.

Funny how people picture others.

I think last time i voted was the first time ever I've voted conservative, i put One Nation first, with LNP second, i don't agree with half of One nations policies, but it was more a protest type vote because Aljazeera media went after Pauline, i just hated the fact they were trying to mess in our politics did it right before and election.

I will probably just vote LNP number one this time, for the first time ever.

Just stirring you Indo, you're pretty right-wing but The Reverend Fred doesn't seem like your cup of tea.
Found this buried under some shit at work and it's just too funny to throw out.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 8:30pm

Fred use to be loopy on scheme of things, in Morrison govt he would be classed as a lefty!! Haha...

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 10:57pm

haha The Rev was a classic.
Joh for PM (RIP)

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 11:10pm

No sign of a comeback from Mr Trumble.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:04am

How bloody good :/

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:11am

Then add staffing costs on top of the wholesale price too
Just read it - +$4.30 for handling.
Not sure that covers it or not.
Doubt it.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:09am

I don't hold a RAT mate.....

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 28 Jan 2022 at 11:25am

Capture

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Tuesday, 1 Feb 2022 at 11:19am

Who are the fuckwits who voted these arseholes in?
I've always had a theory that anyone who votes for the LNP are either:
a/ evil, in that they know what they are voting for and actually support it (cuts to healthcare, aged care, education etc, corruption, dodgy contracts for their 'mates', increasing military spending (the list goes on).
or: b/ Really fucking stupid, like serious brain-injury stupid, in that they believe the propaganda BS from "scotty from marketing". Or religious stupid, they vote for them because they're christian too.

They've done absolutely NOTHING for aged care, except cut funding. Even after the Royal Commission, even with covid spreading. And now they try to stop the exodus of staff with a $400 cash payment. And "we can't increase wages because the industry can't sustain it"? Of course it can't sustain it you idiots keep cutting funding. They hand over $40 billion of taxpayers money to profitable private corporations, yet nothing for aged care. Minimum wage is only $21 an hour or something, junior check-out chicks get paid more. Staff are leaving in droves, elderly people are being neglected. All facilities that I know of are down at least several staff per shift. And no it's not from vaccine mandates, the anti-vaxxers left the industry a few years ago when they brought in yearly mandatory flu shots.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-01/unions-slam-aged-care-cash-paymen...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 1 Feb 2022 at 12:55pm

"They hand over $40 billion of taxpayers money to profitable private corporations, yet nothing for aged care."

This c### walked into work the other day and started mouthing off about how he supports small government and how the government should stand back and let the market do its thing with regards to RATs.
Fella obviously had no idea what he was talking about.
I wondered if he'd heard it somewhere and was just trying to sound knowledgeable or be controversial.
Imagine letting the likes of Gerry Harvey corner the market.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 1 Feb 2022 at 12:58pm

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 1 Feb 2022 at 3:03pm
gragagan wrote:

Who are the fuckwits who voted these arseholes in?
I've always had a theory that anyone who votes for the LNP are either:
a/ evil, in that they know what they are voting for and actually support it (cuts to healthcare, aged care, education etc, corruption, dodgy contracts for their 'mates', increasing military spending (the list goes on).
or: b/ Really fucking stupid, like serious brain-injury stupid, in that they believe the propaganda BS from "scotty from marketing". Or religious stupid, they vote for them because they're christian too.

They've done absolutely NOTHING for aged care, except cut funding. Even after the Royal Commission, even with covid spreading. And now they try to stop the exodus of staff with a $400 cash payment. And "we can't increase wages because the industry can't sustain it"? Of course it can't sustain it you idiots keep cutting funding. They hand over $40 billion of taxpayers money to profitable private corporations, yet nothing for aged care. Minimum wage is only $21 an hour or something, junior check-out chicks get paid more. Staff are leaving in droves, elderly people are being neglected. All facilities that I know of are down at least several staff per shift. And no it's not from vaccine mandates, the anti-vaxxers left the industry a few years ago when they brought in yearly mandatory flu shots.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-01/unions-slam-aged-care-cash-paymen...

Nail on head!
My wife just finished up working in aged care. The work they do from wiping arses, copping abuse, being under staffed, offering emotional support, lifting and bathing people, feeding, and basically being run of their feet every shift for just over $20 an hour is a farking joke .. Double the amount is still not enough!
She won't be going back, and she got into industry not from financial necessity but wanted to help oldies and do her bit.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 1 Feb 2022 at 3:11pm

People like Roadkill are who votes the LNP back in.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 1 Feb 2022 at 3:13pm
Blowin wrote:

People like Roadkill are who votes the LNP back in.

Swing voter actually. Have voted for both the main parties.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 1 Feb 2022 at 5:41pm

D9108769-87-C3-4-D2-E-AF29-56-D37684-A90-C

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Tuesday, 1 Feb 2022 at 6:15pm

D9108769-87-C3-4-D2-E-AF29-56-D37684-A90-C

Looks like I jumped the gun there SF trying to help out :-)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 1 Feb 2022 at 6:42pm

@I focus, that’s uncanny how we posted same meme minutes apart , geez slippery scotty copped it today at the press meeting, tingles questions were very uncomfortable and the bloke asking if he new the price of bread, milk and Rat was hilarious. https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/02/01/morrison-press-club-address-criticism/

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 1 Feb 2022 at 6:53pm

My wife works in aged care, yeah it's low paid work and like anyone she would love a higher hourly rate, and i have no idea how she can wipe old peoples arses etc.

But lets be real it's low skilled work, you can basically walk in with no qualifications just a police check and bamm you have a job and secure work all year round, holiday pay, long service leave and although a crap hourly rate it always goes up a little and the big bonus is salary sacrifice and there always seems to be little perks like this recent payment plus better money on weekends and public holidays.

Compared to other low paid jobs she has done (or i did when young) its heaps better in many ways, for instance anything in the hospitality industry (she did lots of house keeping) is much worse just because its so insecure one month you are working your arse off, next month you barely get enough hours to pay bills, and no holiday pay, no long service leave and no real perks other than some better rates on weekends or public holidays.

Its just life low skilled jobs will always be lower paid than higher skilled jobs.

Me and my mates whinged about it for years, before saying fuck this and went out and did other things by getting more skills or creating businesses