COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 4:59pm
freeride76 wrote:

Not quite sure what point is being made here?

Covid is a scam like weapons of mass destruction?

Aren't we a bit far down the track for that?

That explanation seems extraordinarily unlikely now.

I’ll repeat what I’ve said for well over a year. I think Covid is real. I believe Covid can be very serious to anyone but it is a virus which, to a very large degree, is primarily a serious threat to aged and vulnerable people. I believe that the virus has been overblown as a threat to society as a whole. I believe the narrative of the virus has been weaponised for political and financial advantage.

I believe there are health threats posed to Australians which are of many magnitudes more serious than Covid and which garnish an entirely disproportionate response to that generated by Covid.

I don’t think anyone particularly wants to get Covid but for the vast majority of people it is just another illness.

For all males my age (40-49) in Australia there has been 7000 cases and 13 deaths. This means that for all males my age - obese , diabetic, immunocompromised , bald, ugly, short, round, smoker , lazy etc - there is a 99.8% survival rate. That is incontrovertible fact.

Does that statistic compare with the sky-is-falling storyline than the usual panic mongers are trying to present? No. Nothing even remotely similar. But the fear mongers will use any lies, emotive pleas, guilt, shaming , insults and threats to get me to pretend that statistic isn’t factually correct.

That’s already the sign of a mentally unhealthy society when these Henny Pennys are not just pandered to , but amplified. It’s when these bed wetters are given encouragement to unleash their closet Nazi and try to censor and demand silence from any opposing opinions that it gets really bad really quickly.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:00pm

Uk deaths per year 1990 - 2019. Lowest year 484.367. Highest year 578,512. And with covid deaths 2020 608,002. Deaths 2021 will be higher based off current trend.

America has the same trend. More death are occurring in numerous countries due to covid. Overall, more people are dead.

source. UK office for national statistics.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:07pm
freeride76 wrote:

"You think what you want."

What I want really has nothing to do with it.

If someone shows me evidence to back up claims I'll change my mind, as I have done several times during this pandemic.
Remember at the start I thought it was a nothing-burger.

Canada is a much more sparsely populated country, less obese I believe, and with much higher rates of vaccination.
That would easily account for a much lower death rate.

Loose speculation , unconvincing and not backed by any evidence. It’ll take more than that to alter my opinion.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:19pm

And the idiots that minimise covid deaths, are the same idiots that don’t accept medical science when it differs to their view, and won’t accept solid statistics when it differs to their view.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:16pm

BTW Freeride. I don’t dispute that people in the US have died from Covid. I believe that perhaps many people have died. What I don’t believe is that it’s possible the US has twice as many deaths as the next worst country.

Despite the “red necked, good ol’ boy unvaccinated Trumpists are to blame “ narrative the peanuts are pushing, there is no valid reason why the US should have not just the most , but a massively outsized majority of global Covid deaths.

United Stated - population 330 million, Covid deaths 700,000
China -population 1040 million, Covid deaths 4636.

Yeah…sure.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:17pm
Blowin wrote:

Freeride- The US is the highest death rate anywhere in the world. The most powerful, rich and developed nation has multiples more deaths than any other country.

Canada…shares a border . One third the rate of death.

Anyway mate. We will never reach a conclusion here. You think what you want.

And, blowin is bullshitting again,

Seriously blowin, what makes you think you can make statements like "The US is the highest death rate anywhere in the world" and not get fact checked.

It takes me 90 seconds to find a rock solid source (Johns Hopkins) that proves you are simply lying again.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

You're either an idiot or you think everyone else is stupid enough to believe your bullshit. Which is it?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:20pm
Vic Local wrote:
Blowin wrote:

Freeride- The US is the highest death rate anywhere in the world. The most powerful, rich and developed nation has multiples more deaths than any other country.

Canada…shares a border . One third the rate of death.

Anyway mate. We will never reach a conclusion here. You think what you want.

And, blowin is bullshitting again,

Seriously blowin, what makes you think you can make statements like "The US is the highest death rate anywhere in the world" and not get fact checked.

It takes me 90 seconds to find a rock solid source (Johns Hopkins) that proves you are simply lying again.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

You're either an idiot or you think everyone else is stupid enough to believe your bullshit. Which is it?

It’s both.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:22pm

Numbers of dead is what I meant.

700,000. Highest in the world.

Trump did it….lolol.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:22pm

No no Vic, you've got it wrong. It's a disease he picked up down in the sewers of the internet during the Trump era. It's a serious case of "ifisayithreetimesitstrue". But don't worry you really have to wallow in the shit to catch it.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:26pm

Blindboy….tell him about the two minutes to midnight and the nuclear Holocaust coming under Trump.

Tell him about the Russians!

Fuck….it’s like the cnt just gets on the sled and resets as soon as the rubbish has left his mouth.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:29pm

Currently 100s to midnight. Try to keep.up.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 5:40pm

""But can we account for hundreds of thousands of deaths in that way?"

I think it can in the US, you read that taibbi article?

there's a lot of 'alternative facts' pushing going on, has been for some time, ...the US has gone next level... russian collusion, hunter's laptop, weekend at biden's virtual reality, the totally compromised fbi...

"Look I have an open mind on this."

me too freeride, Im not certain of anything...

but I do know a lot of conservative by nature - not politics - commentators have questioned the loose deaths counting regimes and inconsistencies, one doesn't need to believe in conspiracies to realise this thing has been leveraged by all sorts of shadyness... geez even naomi klein said as much...

tbh, I cannot believe certain people believe there's absolutely no questions to be asked...

that's some serious scary 'development' if they believe that's how society should be run... often coming from the oddest of places...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 6:08pm

"Numbers of dead is what I meant."
You've gone from one bullshit statement to another. Let's look at your statement in it's entirety.

"The US is the highest death rate anywhere in the world. The most powerful, rich and developed nation has multiples more deaths than any other country.

Canada…shares a border . One third the rate of death."

Firstly you've used the term "death rate twice". Bit of a coincidence when you meant something completely different.

Now let's just make the assumption that you are telling the truth when you said you meant total deaths. (I know, huge assumption given your penchant for lying). USA Total deaths 700,000. Canada 27,000.

It's not a third is it blowin? It's not even close.

But let's look at the deaths per 100,000 people. Canada 74. USA 212. Exactly a third. What a massive coincidence.

Face it blowin, you tried to bullshit. Got called out for it, Changed your story again. And surprise surprise been exposed as a complete and utter bullshit artist AGAIN.

Seriously blowin you make it too easy for me.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 6:09pm
goofyfoot wrote:

You don’t think it might be Indo isn’t reporting every single death correctly?

Yeah i read an article about this the other day, Covid infection numbers and deaths are suppose to be hugely under reported especially outside of Java and Bali.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 6:26pm
sypkan wrote:

""But can we account for hundreds of thousands of deaths in that way?"

I think it can in the US, you read that taibbi article?
..

Not sure, probably.
read a lot of Taibbi.

got the link there?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 2 Oct 2021 at 11:49pm

Hospitalisations rates scroll down and note the break in trends between cases and hospitalisations for UK and Israel then check the US... see if you can tell the difference?

https://www.covid19data.com.au/hospitalisations-icu

Note in Oz you are a 1 in 14 chance of going to hospital should you test positive.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:30am

Note: NT and Qld hospitalise ALL active cases.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 8:10am
Michael Adam wrote:

Note: NT and Qld hospitalise ALL active cases.

Victoria does not:

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/victorian-coronavirus-covid-19-data

Otherwise we'd have >11000 people in hospital. But the under 50's COVID positive are now starting to fill up the suburban hospital where I work.

And no-one in the hospital is happy...morale is at an all time low, nurses and doctors are stressed and angry (especially at protestors, anti-vaxxers and the wilfully ignorant). I've never seen it like this.

Moreover, we have no staff. The solution from DHHS is to bring in graduate nurses to fill the void...and guess how much they know (clue: 2/5 of 5/8ths of...) and senior nurses will have to take them by the hand and guide them through this shit-storm.

So talk about the accuracy of death numbers as much as you want, where the rubber hits the road, the health system is groaning and my colleagues are really under the pump.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 12:20pm

Have not been following the thread much in the last day . Saw there was lots of data regarding the short term side affects of the vaxes .

Not surprised . My main concern which has escalated after seeing some of the posts here is the LONG term effects .

The vaccines were all rushed through and did not go through the normal efficacy and health checks that other vaccines had to go through . I know its hard to predict the future but if the drugs are well evaluated and their short tern effects well understood the confidence of long term effects rises .

Just common sense .

If the death rate is high , say 10-50% , they will need to be rushed . If the death rate is 1% I think they should not be rushed and more work done on treating the symptoms .

I really worry about the future effects of the vaccines on my young girls !!!!!

Apologies if this has all been discussed recently .

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 12:39pm

I’m worried about the future effects of perpetual covid for my young girl because too many people chose not to vaccinate

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 12:40pm
Hutchy 19 wrote:

Have not been following the thread much in the last day . Saw there was lots of data regarding the short term side affects of the vaxes .

Not surprised . My main concern which has escalated after seeing some of the posts here is the LONG term effects .

The vaccines were all rushed through and did not go through the normal efficacy and health checks that other vaccines had to go through . I know its hard to predict the future but if the drugs are well evaluated and their short tern effects well understood the confidence of long term effects rises .

Just common sense .

If the death rate is high , say 10-50% , they will need to be rushed . If the death rate is 1% I think they should not be rushed and more work done on treating the symptoms .

I really worry about the future effects of the vaccines on my young girls !!!!!

Apologies if this has all been discussed recently .

The vaccine knowledge we have is decades old…and advancing at a rapid rate. Don’t let that stop your fear mongering. Another dumb post lacking facts.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 12:54pm

The AstraZeneca vaccines have not yet been approved* beyond emergency use.

Why do you think that the company which makes it has complete indemnity from any ill effects? Why do you think that anyone who injects it is not liable for any ill effects? Why do you think that the government has a limited liability program capped at $20K for any ill effects?

Does that sound regular? No.

I’m all for voluntary vaccination particularly for those in a vulnerable demographic but let’s be honest about the vaccines shall we? This isn’t business as usual with a standard vaccine.

*It only has provisional approval which expires after two years.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 12:59pm
Blowin wrote:

The AstraZeneca vaccines have not yet been approved* beyond emergency use.

Why do you think that the company which makes it has complete indemnity from any ill effects? Why do you think that anyone who injects it is not liable for any ill effects? Why do you think that the government has a limited liability program capped at $20K for any ill effects?

Does that sound regular? No.

I’m all for voluntary vaccination particularly for those in a vulnerable demographic but let’s be honest about the vaccines shall we? This isn’t business as usual with a standard vaccine.

*It only has provisional approval which expires after two years.

Why? Because we have a worldwide pandemic. Of course it isn’t business as usual.

Honesty is the last thing anyone could accuse you of, blowin.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:05pm

Roadkill - you are right and wrong . "The vaccine knowledge we have is decades old…and advancing at a rapid rate. "

CSL still has to go through the same tests of new flu vaccines as they have for the last 10 years . As ALL new drugs are also required to do . This system has worked so far BUT it has been changed .

The covid vaxes are NEW vaccines Roady . "Don’t let that stop your fear mongering ( and ignorance ). Another dumb post lacking facts ( common sense )."

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:09pm

Ha ha Roadkill sandwiched by the "vaccine experts" who wouldn't have known an mRNA molecule from a hole in the ground before the pandemic and still couldn't give an adequate high school level account of how they actually work without a massive cut and paste. You would laugh it wasn't such shameful shit.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:13pm
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:

The AstraZeneca vaccines have not yet been approved* beyond emergency use.

Why do you think that the company which makes it has complete indemnity from any ill effects? Why do you think that anyone who injects it is not liable for any ill effects? Why do you think that the government has a limited liability program capped at $20K for any ill effects?

Does that sound regular? No.

I’m all for voluntary vaccination particularly for those in a vulnerable demographic but let’s be honest about the vaccines shall we? This isn’t business as usual with a standard vaccine.

*It only has provisional approval which expires after two years.

Why? Because we have a worldwide pandemic. Of course it isn’t business as usual.

Honesty is the last thing anyone could accuse you of, blowin.

Heart disease, diabetes and cancer kill many, many times more people than Covid, in fact they do so every single year including this one, yet there is zero chance that life saving medication for any of those would ever be approved for global distribution to man, woman and child until rigorous clinical trials are completed.

I’m sure you’ll say “. But, but, but ….Covid is contagious!” . This means nothing. Far more people die from any of those diseases. Far more people are dying from any of those diseases right now, this very day, this very minute.

Chances of a heart disease drug being granted legal indemnity……none.

The only reason you’d consider it not business as usual was if you were a follower of the Covid cult religion which places a higher value on a Covid death than any other death.

Every Covid death is sacred!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:18pm
blindboy wrote:

Ha ha Roadkill sandwiched by the "vaccine experts" who wouldn't have known an mRNA molecule from a hole in the ground before the pandemic and still couldn't give an adequate high school level account of how they actually work without a massive cut and paste. You would laugh it wasn't such shameful shit.

“I teach two periods of epidemiology to year 8 students “

Lolol

All he has is ad hominem. That says it all.

Why would I have to know how they work? I don’t know how a Great Wall Ute is built either but I know they’re a piece of shit.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:19pm

Actually year 12, and pointing out the lack of qualifications of someone pontificating about something he clearly does not understand is not ad hominem. So come on amaze us with an off the top of your head explantion of how an mRNA vaccine works .....year 8 level would be OK.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:19pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:

The AstraZeneca vaccines have not yet been approved* beyond emergency use.

Why do you think that the company which makes it has complete indemnity from any ill effects? Why do you think that anyone who injects it is not liable for any ill effects? Why do you think that the government has a limited liability program capped at $20K for any ill effects?

Does that sound regular? No.

I’m all for voluntary vaccination particularly for those in a vulnerable demographic but let’s be honest about the vaccines shall we? This isn’t business as usual with a standard vaccine.

*It only has provisional approval which expires after two years.

Why? Because we have a worldwide pandemic. Of course it isn’t business as usual.

Honesty is the last thing anyone could accuse you of, blowin.

Heart disease, diabetes and cancer kill many, many times more people than Covid, in fact they do so every single year including this one, yet there is zero chance that life saving medication for any of those would ever be approved for global distribution to man, woman and child until rigorous clinical trials are completed.

I’m sure you’ll say “. But, but, but ….Covid is contagious!” . This means nothing. Far more people die from any of those diseases. Far more people are dying from any of those diseases right now, this very day, this very minute.

Chances of a heart disease drug being granted legal indemnity……none.

The only reason you’d consider it not business as usual was if you were a follower of the Covid cult religion which places a higher value on a Covid death than any other death.

Every Covid death is sacred!

Gawd you really are a fucking idiot. 2020 yearly deaths are at their highest in the last 20 years in the UK. 2021 is projected to be higher than 2020. I posted this yesterday from the UK office for National statistics.

The USA is the same..as are numerous countries worldwide. The data is easy to find via govt depts. I didn’t post it because any idiot can easily find it and interpret it…which is why you can’t.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:28pm
blindboy wrote:

Ha ha Roadkill sandwiched by the "vaccine experts" who wouldn't have known an mRNA molecule from a hole in the ground before the pandemic and still couldn't give an adequate high school level account of how they actually work without a massive cut and paste. You would laugh it wasn't such shameful shit.

Yeah…wtf would Prof Sarah Gilbert know. The keyboard investigators are pretty far down the rabbit hole.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:27pm

Blind one . Thanks for your post as it proves my point about how the new vaccines are new . You are also right I am unable to explain how they work ( many experts are also in the same boat as the haven't worked as we were first told ) without cutting and pasting someone else's views .

" who wouldn't have known an mRNA molecule "

If you are trying to put us down I would recommend you just abuse us by calling us "shit for brains" and leave it at that . Thanks again .

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:27pm

I think the most stupid thing about all of this is, if it was a few years ago, before the internet, the Govt would have said " hey there's a deadly disease outbreak get vaccinated quick!" Everyone would be vaccinated by now and the disease probably eradicated but since the wonderful internet, we have millions of untrained medical experts freaking each other out. Sure vax is a risk, always has been ...always will be...You cant eradicate a disease from 80% of the population....Change the word covid to smallpox and there would be no argument.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:32pm

Not "shit for brains" Hutchy, just unqualified to pontificate on an issue you know so little about. You are entitled to your opinion but it is shameful behaviour for people to go around pronouncing it as the truth when they really haven't a clue.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:33pm

Optimist - I disagree . Firstly , I wouldn't believe that governments until it was proven . Secondly , I wouldn't believe the media and Big Parma . Thirdly , they have been proved not to be able to eradicate the disease .
Fourthly , "I think the most stupid thing about all of this is " to rush into a solution without knowing the pro's and con's .

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:39pm

BB - again you show what a shit for brains you are . You have said you have a background in Economics .

And you say ", just unqualified to pontificate on an issue you know so little about. You are entitled to your opinion but it is shameful behaviour for people to go around pronouncing it as the truth when they really haven't a clue."

I wasn't qualified to be a husband , father and also had to learn my trade . I did have opinions on all these topics before doing them . Not all were right and I had to learn and am still learning .

Straight back at you !!!!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:39pm

I never said that. You must have just assumed it. Then again, some people can actually have quite extensice knowledge across a number of fields. I have a science degree and thirty years experience teaching senior biology.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:47pm

extensice is not a word BB . Just proves my point again ( you are SOOOO good at it ) . You might think you have an extensive knowledge of the English language buut you don't use speell chick .

Please give me some knowledge of your "extensice " knowledge of medicine . It is not something I assume of anyone unless they tell me so .

I am loving this !

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:49pm

Now you are just being pathetic,

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:52pm
Hutchy 19 wrote:

extensice is not a word BB . Just proves my point again ( you are SOOOO good at it ) . You might think you have an extensive knowledge of the English language buut you don't use speell chick .

Please give me some knowledge of your "extensice " knowledge of medicine . It is not something I assume of anyone unless they tell me so .

I am loving this !

C is next to v…it’s a spelling keyboard mistake not a spelling error.

Hutchy19…make sure every post you make is 100% perfect..or you will again prove yourself a fucking tool. .

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:54pm
Hutchy 19 wrote:

Optimist - I disagree . Firstly , I wouldn't believe that governments until it was proven . Secondly , I wouldn't believe the media and Big Parma . Thirdly , they have been proved not to be able to eradicate the disease .
Fourthly , "I think the most stupid thing about all of this is " to rush into a solution without knowing the pro's and con's .

Hey Dick19, it’s pros and cons.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 1:59pm

Hutchy, don’t listen to us. We are not qualified to give you advice on the vaccine. We are opinions found on social media.
Your doctor is qualified to give it, I hope you’ve had a face to face discussion with them, aired all your concerns and listened with an open mind to their suggestions. They’ve got six years of research and possibly decades of experience which they can use to decide what is best for you and your girls. A haematologist told our family not to get AZ considering a clotting condition we have, so we waited for Pfizer.
If you are backing your health on your six hours of research over their wealth of knowledge and ability to decipher what’s what through the current noise then you just might be crazy.
There’s a pandemic going on out there, you might be ok but you might not be. How will your kids go if you don’t get through. Play it safe, talk with and listen to your doctor

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 2:09pm

Thanks Shoredump !!!! Sensible advice from the heart which I always appreciate even if I don't agree with it !

I had the first jab of Astra ( only option ) last week . I didn't want to on principle but had to . No side effects at all (yet). Never worried about the short or long term effect on me .

At least I helped the % rate and made my family happy which is more important than my principles ( just ) . I made my views clear but will never say " I told you so " .

We all try and do our best .

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 2:58pm

“Michelle Spence, an ICU nurse unit manager from the Royal Melbourne Hospital, told a COVID-19 press conference on Sunday that the virus “does not discriminate”, describing how she had watched a man in his 30s with no underlying conditions be placed in ICU last week because he had not been vaccinated.
She became visibly emotional as she described the lonely deaths in ICU for COVID-19 patients, saying it was the nurses who “hold their hands while their families have to be at home.
One of the saddest things I’ve seen over the last few weeks is people wanting the vaccination just before we put them on a life support machine,” she said. “That is the absolute truth, I’ve seen it myself, they’re begging for the vaccination, they are very young, and once we get to that point where we are about to put them on life support, it really is too late”.

So you pathetic bunch of bullshit artists. Does this make you proud of your contribution to the situation? Or is there any possibility that it might make you think about the potential consequences before your next round of shameful anti-vax rhetoric....but probably not., You'll crawl out of your holes and be back into it ASAP I imagine.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/australia-news-live-vaccine-mandate-like...

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 3:19pm

BB - You idiot .

One heart breaking story among the millions we know about and you write "Does this make you proud of your contribution to the situation? "

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 3:27pm

There’s been 8 deaths under 30 years of age out of 135.000 ( known) cases in Australia, so the virus obviously does discriminate.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 3:38pm

Yeh here they come crawling out from under their rocks to continue their efforts to trivialise the misery caused by the pandemic with cherry picked facts that ignore the bigger picture. So you have nothing nothing to say about the tens of thousands tof traumatised medical personnel and feel no guilt that you and arseholes like you have added to their burden by discouraging vaccination and minimising the risks. Just the type to end up whingeing like a baby when they end up in the ICU. Low life fuckwits to the bitter end " Me me uber alles" if you had a single decent bone in your body you would hang your head in shame and crawl back into your holes.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 4:19pm

lets try something different here...

blindboy, what's your thoughts on the efficacy of the vaccines? ...how do you think they compare with other vaccines that have become a natural part of (most) of our lives regarding transmission?

and, if you do accept they are a little lacking... do you think this is to do with that there never has been a successful coronavirus vaccine made in the past? ...or is it just about waiting for the tech.?

and, indonesia - 18 % fully vaccinated - got smashed by recent wave - now just two months later life is heading back to normal... international borders opening up in bali, jokowi recently said they need to live with the virus being endemic - at 18% vaccinated...

(life is looking somewhat normal... albeit with some pretty half arsed mask wearing, social distancing, and hand washing facilities outside every business that never get used... ever...)

miracle?

suicide?

virus possibly not as bad as all the fear in certain environments / scenarios?

natural herd immunity grossly underated?

genuinely interested

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 4:24pm

All vaccines are safe and effective. The differences are trivial. In the longer term some may provide more lasting immunity but for the time being a double dose of any of them will reduce the risk of hospitalisation close to zero for most age groups.
I have been meaning to look at the situation in Indonesia but haven't really got around to it yet. My first impression is that the statistics are unreliable as it is likely deaths have occurred in regional areas without being recorded. The death rate, at over 3%, also seems very high (42,105,104 cases, 141,939 deaths), which suggests that many cases are not being recorded. My guess at this stage is that the worst could be yet to come but let's hope not. I think you would need to have a very close look at the distribution to get a better idea.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 4:30pm
sypkan wrote:

lets try something different here...

blindboy, what's your thoughts on the efficacy of the vaccines? ...how do you think they compare with other vaccines that have become a natural part of (most) of our lives regarding transmission?

and, if you do accept they are a little lacking... do you think this is to do with that there never has been a successful coronavirus vaccine made in the past? ...or is it just about waiting for the tech.?

and, indonesia - 18 % fully vaccinated - got smashed by recent wave - now just two months later life is heading back to normal... international borders opening up in bali, jokowi recently said they need to live with the virus being endemic - at 18% vaccinated...

(life is looking somewhat normal... albeit with some pretty half arsed mask wearing, social distancing, and hand washing facilities outside every business that never get used... ever...)

miracle?

suicide?

virus possibly not as bad as all the fear in certain environments / scenarios?

natural herd immunity grossly underated?

genuinely interested

Stop and think about indo…really think about the future for medical care and proactive intervention medicine. It is a total disaster for Indo. This is the tragedy that the selfish anti vax clowns fail to grasp. Life is not heading back to normal for many now and in the future.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/indonesia-re...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 3 Oct 2021 at 5:03pm
blindboy wrote:

Yeh here they come crawling out from under their rocks to continue their efforts to trivialise the misery caused by the pandemic with cherry picked facts that ignore the bigger picture. So you have nothing nothing to say about the tens of thousands tof traumatised medical personnel and feel no guilt that you and arseholes like you have added to their burden by discouraging vaccination and minimising the risks. Just the type to end up whingeing like a baby when they end up in the ICU. Low life fuckwits to the bitter end " Me me uber alles" if you had a single decent bone in your body you would hang your head in shame and crawl back into your holes.

I don’t discourage vaccination. On the contrary, I think people should be free to do what they want and I recommend vaccinations for those who feel vulnerable or are in a vulnerable demographic. I don’t think that anyone should be coerced or mandated into getting a vaccine they don’t want. What I won’t do is pander to the fear mongers and doom fetishists who refer to the virus as an existential threat to society but promote the vaccines as virtually harmless.

I don’t care if your daughter owns the fucking hospital, I know several people who’ve been absolutely knocked on their arse by the vaccine and I refuse to have you discount and trivialise their experiences or even their deaths.

As for cherry picking facts. They’re just facts bloke. Facts don’t trivialise anything…..they’re facts. They are inherent truths. They stand alone.

In this instance you made a rudimentary attempt to install fear in the population where it’s not warranted. You’re yelling fire in a crowded theatre. I presented facts which contradict what you say and prove that you are trying to install a level of fear in the public which is not warranted. I think that fear mongers like you should shut your lips. You don’t seem to realise that you are the one who ignores facts to indulge your doom spreading fetish.

Seek help bloke.