COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 5:26am
Roadkill wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

"I’m a harmless and happy individual who believes in live and let live. I’ll never throw the first punch and I don’t start shit. Try to keep me in that frame of mind and everyone is good."
You've threatened to bash me twice on this forum blowin, and you just boosted about knocking a bloke's 4 front teeth out.
Not exactly harmless champ.

He also wished people in here die.

100% a flog is princess snowflake blowin and the fastest to pull the victim card.

When I said that it was reacting to you calling me a liar when I described my Mum being absolutely fucked up and then hospitalised by the vaccine.

But sure, don’t you learn anything from that. I’m the bad guy. You’re a totally normal person and that’s how people deserve to be treated. I’m don’t consider myself a victim. I’m a big boy who knows how unpleasantly people can act towards each other. Doesn’t mean I enjoy it or feel a need to tolerate it.

Vic Local would never speak to people in real life like he does on here.. Vic Local needs to remember that border lockdowns won’t last forever and that maybe the people he insults on these forums will be standing in front of him one day. That’s not a threat, just a reminder of how the world works. Something he appears to have forgotten in his eagerness to find giggles in disrespecting others. I’m sure he wouldn’t like it if others treated him like dirt in real life so perhaps he could try and improve his act lest one day he needs to answer for his actions. He is starting shit and in Australia that is only indulged for so long.

Vic needs to remember that his continuous slander against people merely stating their opinions isn’t harmless and that the door swings both ways. If you call people stupid pricks, dopey cunts and fucking idiots three times every post and on every thread, every day it’s not harmless banter. Guaranteed he has never spoken like that to a person in the carpark at Winki , not sure why he thinks it’s acceptable or different here?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 6:02am
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

"I’m a harmless and happy individual who believes in live and let live. I’ll never throw the first punch and I don’t start shit. Try to keep me in that frame of mind and everyone is good."
You've threatened to bash me twice on this forum blowin, and you just boosted about knocking a bloke's 4 front teeth out.

100% a flog is princess snowflake blowin and the fastest to pull the victim card.

When I said that it was reacting to you calling me a liar when I described my Mum being absolutely fucked up and then hospitalised by the vaccine.

But sure, don’t you learn anything from that. I’m the bad guy. You’re a totally normal person and that’s how people deserve to be treated. I’m don’t consider myself a victim. I’m a big boy who knows how unpleasantly people can act towards each other. Doesn’t mean I enjoy it or feel a need to tolerate it.

Vic Local would never speak to people in real life like he does on here.. Vic Local needs to remember that border lockdowns won’t last forever and that maybe the people he insults on these forums will be standing in front of him one day. That’s not a threat, just a reminder of how the world works. Something he appears to have forgotten in his eagerness to find giggles in disrespecting others. I’m sure he wouldn’t like it if others treated him like dirt in real life so perhaps he could try and improve his act lest one day he needs to answer for his actions. He is starting shit and in Australia that is only indulged for so long.

Vic needs to remember that his continuous slander against people merely stating their opinions isn’t harmless and that the door swings both ways. If you call people stupid pricks, dopey cunts and fucking idiots three times every post and on every thread, every day it’s not harmless banter. Guaranteed he has never spoken like that to a person in the carpark at Winki , not sure why he thinks it’s acceptable or different here?

Do you talk to people in real life like you do in here?

Gawd, you're a hypocrite…with a victim mindset. Everything you whinge about and criticise others for doing….you do. What you demand from others….you refuse to give that same courtesy to them.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 6:41am

No. I don’t ceaselessly insult everyone I disagree with purely because they have a different opinion. I do talk to people on here as I would in the flesh. If you are respectful , I am respectful. Every single time.

As soon as someone starts being abusive or calling me a liar based off nothing except a desire to invalidate what I have to say, then respect is withdrawn.

I don’t have a victim mindset. I don’t think you’d assess me as the victim if you told me to my face that my mother being half comatose and hospitalised was made up bullshit in order to sway an internet argument. I reckon you’d be backpedaling and apologising real quick, as is appropriate, instead of tripling down on this snowflake dribble.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 7:26am
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

wow blowin, you really don't do that self awareness thing do you. Do all those warnings that apply to me apply to you too? You regularly abuse people on this site. Do you need to worry when borders reopen? You claim you are harmless one minute, the next you're boasting about punching someone's teeth out.
Everything I read from you just re-enforces the fact you're nothing more than a man-baby who chucks the toys out of the cot whenever he gets told off or isn't allowed to do whatever he wants. I know three year olds who are more mature are less self-centred than you.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 7:26am
Blowin wrote:

No. I don’t ceaselessly insult everyone I disagree with purely because they have a different opinion. I do talk to people on here as I would in the flesh. If you are respectful , I am respectful. Every single time.

As soon as someone starts being abusive or calling me a liar based off nothing except a desire to invalidate what I have to say, then respect is withdrawn.

I don’t have a victim mindset. I don’t think you’d assess me as the victim if you told me to my face that my mother being half comatose and hospitalised was made up bullshit in order to sway an internet argument. I reckon you’d be backpedaling and apologising real quick, as is appropriate, instead of tripling down on this snowflake dribble.

Your problem is you read what you think people say, rather than what they say…you default to throwing your toys and looking for sympathy with oh woo is me posts with a healthy dose of victimhood. 100% a hypocrite and a crybaby.
You don’t seem to remember what you post even an hour ago. This forum is full of you contradicting yourself, changing what you say when challenged and generally making stuff up to suit your bias.
It’s pretty amusing…I’ll give you that.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 7:43am

Why would DARPA fund GOF research? They are interested in bioweapons. There is very little trust between nations on this issue so they want to be ready to deal with anything their rival might unleash. There has always been a lot of opposition to this research but it will almost certainly continue for that reason. As it also has the potential to stamp out pandemics at their source by having the vaccine ready there are significant benefits.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 8:21am

Real good news that both Australia and Victoria have passed 80% first jab vaccination, anything more from here is a bonus, i really didn't expect us to get so high.

Crazy how vocal minority's like Anti Vaxers can be so loud.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 8:31am
blindboy wrote:

Why would DARPA fund GOF research? They are interested in bioweapons. There is very little trust between nations on this issue so they want to be ready to deal with anything their rival might unleash. There has always been a lot of opposition to this research but it will almost certainly continue for that reason. As it also has the potential to stamp out pandemics at their source by having the vaccine ready there are significant benefits.

That’s an interesting point blindboy . Yet with all their knowledge and even predictions that a pandemic was coming, how well were they prepared for it ? Fauci and Gates have been talking about possible pandemics for the last 5 years or more. With the amount of money these two control and the influence they have , was the US well prepared ? I posted a similar story to this next post months ago and the military advances with vaccine research has no doubt helped the rapid development of the current vaccines . I still don’t see GOF research as a necessary evil we need . https://money.yahoo.com/pentagon-unveils-microchip-senses-covid-23123995...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 8:47am

Science doesn't work to a schedule supafreak and while money helps it is not the only issue. Your view is shared by many others. Mine is that since it is impossible to ban it globally as rogue states will do what they like, it will almost certainly continue somewhere. In the circumstances it is probably better to concentrate on regulation and oversight. It would be worrying if withdrawal of US funding led to reduced supervision of the work in China.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 9:04am

@blindboy , with fauci and gates warning of future pandemics , how well prepared was the US ? From the beginning early treatment wasn’t even considered , it was a vaccine or nothing . Can you think of any diseases that aren’t best treated early ? We are about to get a flood of early treatment drugs from Merck Pfizer and AZ . Better late than never , lets hope when they get the EUA , that they work and have no long term side effects.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 9:13am

supafreak, the older I get, the more sympathetic I get to people trying to manage critical, unprecedented situations, while at the same time I have become less supicious of their motivations. Were mistakes made? For sure, but they always will be. In teaching the epidemiology unit to HSC Biology students over a long period all the texts and resources focused on influenza. Corona viruses were considered but only peripherally. I suspect that is the reason behind the lack of preparation, people focused their efforts too narrowly. I think we would have been much better prepared for a more virulent influenza virus.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 9:34am

@blindboy , if you have a spare 52 minutes have a look at this presentation from Professor Robert Clancy, its a history of pandemics in Australia and the world. He touches on different issues with how indigenous Australian’s were effected and response from media and government . He also goes into coronavirus and vaccines . This video is from 2020 and is interesting to look at his predictions . I’m sure you already know a lot about what he explains .

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 9:41am

Thanks supafreak I will find time later today to look at it. Coincidentally I just started reading Fatal Contact by Peter Dowling on that exact subject.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 9:57am
indo-dreaming wrote:

Real good news that both Australia and Victoria have passed 80% first jab vaccination, anything more from here is a bonus, i really didn't expect us to get so high.

Crazy how vocal minority's like Anti Vaxers can be so loud.

Indo …There was never huge support for the vaccines except amongst the vulnerable, those who swallow media hyperbole like M&M’s and the hypochondriacs.

Most people I know are at least partially vaccinated. I only know one person who did it out of genuine personal concern for the virus and another person who did it to protect their children. No one cared about the virus and that’s why the government has had to coerce, force and intimidate the population into taking the vaccine.

The premier of NSW has openly stated that Greater Sydney is not opening this weekend in order to force more people into getting the vaccine. It’s literal hostage diplomacy against the Australian people.

That’s why people are vaccinated now, because they’ve been snookered into it by the government. Some had their jobs threatened, some had public movement threatened, some had access to relatives, friends and loved ones threatened. It had nothing to do with the over hyped fear mongering about Covid.

If the virus was as much of a threat to Australians as the hype promotes then there would be no need to force people into getting jabbed.

Fact.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:02am

Have you had cause to go into a hospital during this time, Blowin?

I have, a number of times, and the experiences convinced me of the need for vaccines, or indeed for trying anything to reduce patient intake. Same goes for others I know who've seen the medical situation firsthand.

All this arguing about mortality rates and whatnot is just masturbation. If the medical system is in such a dire situation during a lockdown, then it doesn't take much imagination to understand what the outcome will be without any measures in place.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:08am
stunet wrote:

Have you had cause to go into a hospital during this time, Blowin?

I have, a number of times, and the experiences convinced me of the need for vaccines, or indeed for trying anything to reduce patient intake. Same goes for others I know who've seen the medical situation firsthand.

All this arguing about mortality rates and whatnot is just masturbation. If the medical system is in such a dire situation during a lockdown, then it doesn't take much imagination to understand what the outcome will be without any measures in place.

Yep. My Mum was in there. The place was empty.

How much of the overwhelmed hospitals is because staff are furloughed due to being “infected” despite having nothing wrong with them? How much of the overwhelmed hospitals is because of hospital staff leaving a stressful hospital environment to give people jabs for the same money? How much of the overwhelmed hospitals is because staff have left because they are overworked due to other staff being furloughed?

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:07am
Blowin wrote:

Most people I know are at least partially vaccinated. I only know one person who did it out of genuine personal concern for the virus and another person who did it to protect their children. No one cared about the virus and that’s why the government has had to coerce, force and intimidate the population into taking the vaccine.

So nobody you know got vaccinated to protect the vulnerable in the community. The vulnerable would include your own parents. Do you only associate with sociopaths?

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:07am

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:09am

So they must all be empty? Is that the thinking..?

Did a Zoom book launch the other night with an ex-surf photog now paramedic who talked about driving around in his ambulance for hours with COVID patients as no hospital would take them owing to already being full.

Which I believe cos I've seen the very same thing down here.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:10am

"How much of the overwhelmed hospitals is because staff are furloughed due to being “infected” despite having nothing wrong with them? How much of the overwhelmed hospitals is because of hospital staff leaving a stressful hospital environment to give people jabs for the same money? How much of the overwhelmed hospitals is because staff have left because they are overworked due to other staff being furloughed?"

Mate, you've got an answer for everything. Why not stop and listen for once in your life?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:12am

No. If people’s parents want protection they got vaccinated themselves. Why do vaccinated people need others to be back of or them to be protected? When you go to the beach and put on sun screen to protect you from the sun do you force everyone else to do the same to help protect you further? Of course not. Once you’re protected, you’re protected right?

Even my parents got it because they felt pressured by the media. My mother in law got vaccinated because of the virus due to the fact that the morning TV shows they watch made them think that no one survived the death plague. My father in law only got it to shut her up and he’s mid eighties with Parkinson’s.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:20am

You are deliberately obtuse and embarrassing.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:28am
stunet wrote:

"How much of the overwhelmed hospitals is because staff are furloughed due to being “infected” despite having nothing wrong with them? How much of the overwhelmed hospitals is because of hospital staff leaving a stressful hospital environment to give people jabs for the same money? How much of the overwhelmed hospitals is because staff have left because they are overworked due to other staff being furloughed?"

Mate, you've got an answer for everything. Why not stop and listen for once in your life?

Who am I meant to listen to?

The media which repeatedly prove themselves untrustworthy? The politicians who don’t really try to hide their corruption anymore? The clowns on here who think lowering immigration rates is racist?

I don’t know any paramedics. I have no one of trust to base the fear mongering on. I get told the vaccines are totally safe and that severe reactions are super rare despite knowing multiple people who’ve suffered severe reactions. Then I get accused of lying when I tell people this!

I know two people who’ve had Covid during nearly two years of death plague. One reckons his lungs were still not good despite the fact that we were surfing powerful, long waves a loooong wave from shore, the other said it was just a cold.

No one I know knows anybody else who’s had it.

I watch the covid narrative flip flop entirely within months. I watch “settled” truths completely abandoned within months.

Who do I trust? Do I trust fucken Kochie on Sunrise and the utter flogs on here? Hardly.

When I see newspaper stories about hundreds of medical staff under quarantine I ponder who replaces them at work. When I see newspaper stories about how many medical staff are abandoning the industry for better paying and less stressful work I wonder who will replace them. When I hear someone tell me the hospitals are overwhelmed I’m not surprised. Particularly when we have been blasted with stories of underfunded and overwhelmed hospitals for years before Covid.

In 2018 there was 8000 hospitalisations from flu. Is this situation any worse or different? You tell me.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:28am
Hiccups wrote:

You’ve been embarrassing yourself for a long while now mate.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:31am

The vaccinated have a 96% reduction in hospitalisation. Can't argue with that.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:32am
Blowin wrote:
Hiccups wrote:

You’ve been embarrassing yourself for a long while now mate.

Sick burn

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:34am

It must be hard going through life with the deep-seated conviction that you are right and mostly everyone else is wrong. Like I've said before, I dare any COVID skeptic to walk into an over-stretched ICU in the city and start blathering about how the virus is over-hyped and the vaccines are pure coercion.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:40am

@Blowin,

Last paragraph says you do trust some media. Case of confirmation bias?

It's unfortunate what happened in your family but I find it so hard to fathom that you think it would be representative - even anything close to representative. No stats bear that out. We've covered that here.

Really, it's very fucking simple in the end. People get sick and go to hospital, not all die, but they weigh down a system that hasn't been designed for this load. Staff get furloughed to restrict further spread and that further strains the system. But what should the alternative be? Stay and risk further infection...?

We're approaching a point where people won't have to be sidelined so easily, and it's all because of vaccines.

For months this thread has reproduced the same bullshit day after day, and more often than not it stays well away from the crux of the matter, merely indulging people's bias and prejudice.

I get it, this is all unprecedented territory, govts had to formulate policy on the fly, some got it right, some got it wrong, some even refused to budge even after getting it wrong, but it's a chaotic turn of events, and ever so slowly some order is arising from the chaos.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:43am
blindboy wrote:

The vaccinated have a 96% reduction in hospitalisation. Can't argue with that.

The chances of anyone under 50 avoiding hospitalisation are already about 94 %. When you realise that severe Covid illness is extremely over represented amongst those with pre existing conditions, you accept that chance of avoiding hospitalisation for the healthy under 50s is already around 99 percent.

The vaccines and their 96% reduction in likely hospitalisation mean a healthy person under 50 goes from having a 99 percent chance of avoiding hospitalisation to a 99.5% chance of avoiding hospitalisation. I feel those figures are overly generous to how many healthy under 50s are hospitalised. I don’t believe that 1 in every hundred healthy under 50s would end up in hospital but I’m more than willing to someone credible proving me wrong.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:46am

Mate...are you even listening?

Shove the stats. The medical system is straining now; I've seen it, others have too. The medical system has been shaped over decades, refined to a point, but seemingly small shifts in intake - maybe even your 0.5% - overload the system.

Again, I've seen it. I find it hard to believe your still arguing against this.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:48am
stunet wrote:

@Blowin,

Last paragraph says you do trust some media. Case of confirmation bias?

It's unfortunate what happened in your family but I find it so hard to fathom that you think it would be representative - even anything close to representative. No stats bear that out. We've covered that here.

Really, it's very fucking simple in the end. People get sick and go to hospital, not all die, but they weigh down a system that hasn't been designed for this load. Staff get furloughed to restrict further spread and that further strains the system. But what should the alternative be? Stay and risk further infection...?

We're approaching a point where people won't have to be sidelined so easily, and it's all because of vaccines.

For months this thread has reproduced the same bullshit day after day, and more often than not it stays well away from the crux of the matter, merely indulging people's bias and prejudice.

I get it, this is all unprecedented territory, govts had to formulate policy on the fly, some got it right, some got it wrong, some even refused to budge even after getting it wrong, but it's a chaotic turn of events, and ever so slowly some order is arising from the chaos.

Stu..I’m vaccinated. Nearly everyone I know is vaccinated. I believe the fact is that many, if not most of these people don’t need to be vaccinated. But they have been.

I think the amount of lies, not wrestling with lack of knowledge, but actual lies which has been spouted by media and politicians regarding Covid is off the charts. How can I possibly trust an institution which holds no regard for the truth?

Do you know anyone who has had Covid? What was their experience?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:50am
stunet wrote:

Mate...are you even listening?

Shove the stats. The medical system is straining now; I've seen it, others have too. The medical system has been shaped over decades, refined to a point, but seemingly small shifts in intake - maybe even your 0.5% - overload the system.

Again, I've seen it. I find it hard to believe your still arguing against this.

I’m not arguing the medical system is overwhelmed. It’s been overwhelmed for years.

From a few weeks ago in WA -which is basically Covid free. Are you forgetting that hospitals have always been like this?

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/wa-doctors-crisis-...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 10:52am

OK, so some news you believe.

Are you noticing a pattern..?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 11:28am
stunet wrote:

You think I cherry pick news items? How about you consider that what is happening in WA has been happening in NSW for years and that now we are counting anyone as a Covid patient if they test positive within a month of attending hospital for any reason, we are overwhelmed due to Covid.

Look ….I get that there is a virus called Covid and that the extra burden it presents on our already overwhelmed hospital system is genuine, I just don’t think that blaming overwhelmed hospitals on Covid is valid without the acknowledgment that they were already overwhelmed.

I don’t think that hospitalisation from Covid is even a remote reality for healthy people under 50. I think it happens but so do cardiac arrests in 20 year olds and no one carries on about that slim probability as though it can happen to anyone of us at any time.

As I’ve said repeatedly, I’m vaccinated. I social distance. I obey every Covid rule. I don’t dissuade others from getting vaccinated on here or in person. What I do is call bullshit on the excess dung I see heaped on the reality of the situation. I call out the Henny Pennys who call purely factual statistics I post as lies because they’ve got a perverted fetish for doom amd they seem to get off on scaring people.

I know you’ve been to malaria prone regions and you seem to act appropriately to the threat. These crew would have you believe that death is imminent as soon as you get off the plane and that even someone hermetically sealed in a plastic bubble isn’t just at risk of the worst strain of malaria, but if they’re not consciously spreading fear in others about the imminent threat of malaria then they are in cahoots with the virus.

There’s people here who think that those opposed to mandated vaccines are criminals. They love you to think that the vaccine is amazing but somehow also want you to forget that and think that the unvaccinated pose a huge health risk to the vaccinated. This is the type of bullshit I cannot stand. These people don’t want you to realise that to the vast majority

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 11:21am

If you can argue vehemently for the lone case of vaccine reaction in your family, then I'll argue equally vociferously for my own experience of the hospital system. Maybe the system has always been stretched, but recent visits have been profoundly unlike any other and it's all due to COVID. And this is while a lockdown is happening. Don't need a lively imagination to realise what that means outside of lockdown.

If it got to that point, your continual references to "hospital from COVID" are meaningless. Going to hospital for anything becomes the danger.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 11:22am
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 11:23am
Blowin wrote:
stunet wrote:

You think I cherry pick news items? How about you consider that what is happening in WA has been happening in NSW for years and that now we are counting anyone as a Covid patient if they test positive within a month of attending hospital for any reason, we are overwhelmed due to Covid.

Look ….I get that there is a virus called Covid and that the extra burden it presents on our already overwhelmed hospital system is genuine, I just don’t think that blaming overwhelmed hospitals on Covid is valid without the acknowledgment that they were already overwhelmed.

I don’t think that hospitalisation from Covid is even a remote reality for healthy people under 50. I think it happens but so do cardiac arrests in 20 year olds and no one carries on about that slim probability as though it can happen to anyone of us at any time.

As I’ve said repeatedly, I’m vaccinated. I social distance. I obey every Covid rule. I don’t dissuade others from getting vaccinated on here or in person. What I do is call bullshit on the excess dung I see heaped on the reality of the situation. I call out the Henny Pennys who call purely factual statistics I post as lies because they’ve got a perverted fetish for doom amd they seem to get off on scaring people.

I know you’ve been to malaria prone regions and you seem to act appropriately to the threat. These crew would have you believe that death is imminent as soon as you get off the plane and that even someone hermetically sealed in a plastic bubble isn’t just at risk of the worst strain of malaria, but if they’re not consciously spreading fear in others about the imminent threat of malaria then they are in cahoots with the virus.

Too far down the conspiracy hole to ever listen to educated advice and information. You're a minority in here now blowin. And you are just embarrassing yourself daily.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 11:42am

I’m a minority in here?

What the hell does that mean? That I should go away because yourself and a couple of other nunces have a chorus line of shit peddling going on?

Yeah right.

99% of people that I know disagree with your fear mongering. People from all strata of society and all points across Australia, yet I’m supposed to cede to the obviously stunted wisdom of a couple of vocal crew on an anonymous website?

Tell the fella in Groundswell’s link that he’s a conspiracy theorist.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 11:47am

"I don’t think that .......
.....hospitalisation from Covid is even a remote reality for healthy people under 50. "

Happy to look at the data you are basing that thinking on Blowin. At this stage of the debate let's stick with the data not opinions.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:06pm

Yep, here's the data..

From NSW Health, week ending 18th Sept..

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:19pm
Blowin wrote:

I’m a minority in here?

What the hell does that mean? That I should go away because yourself and a couple of other nunces have a chorus line of shit peddling going on?

Yeah right.

99% of people that I know disagree with your fear mongering. People from all strata of society and all points across Australia, yet I’m supposed to cede to the obviously stunted wisdom of a couple of vocal crew on an anonymous website?

Tell the fella in Groundswell’s link that he’s a conspiracy theorist.

It means the majority in here have listened to the science and know the benefits vaccines provide. The science is all you need to cede to.

No one is telling you to go away....again you are hearing what you want to hear.

99% of people know you're too far down the rabbit hole.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:21pm

Roadkill im starting to believe the vaccine is a sham even though ive had two pfyzer shots.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=125457509845304&id=100...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:23pm

Good video supafreak. Thanks for sharing. Definitely not in a minority Blowin. Appreciate your posts on this.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:26pm

“Hospital admissions are counted in this report where the COVID-19 diagnosis is at least two weeks before or six weeks after the onset of illness. This does not necessarily mean all hospitalisations were attributable to the COVID-19 diagnosis. “

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Documents/in-focus/hos...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:35pm

You see this is the thing, GS.

You can post that, and believe it, and someone else can post something diametrically opposed, and they'll believe that.

Then you can post another such video doubting, and someone else can post another such video opposing.

And on and on it goes down the road of confirmation bias. Say hello to Jim Banks while you're there.

I've found it best to avoid all strident beliefs and embrace the chaos. I don't know, you don't know, Blowin doesn't know, though we've got to act, right?

I've seen enough through recent hospital visits to suggest something is deeply wrong with the medical system, and it worries me that, should the situation devolve, all medical emergencies would become jeopardised. So all this talk of infection rates, vaccine efficacy, mortality percentages is just a nonsense, it can be opposed through videos such as the one you posted, or it can be just as easily supported.

However, there's a practical reality that we're on the brink of facing, and I think it's best to act in a way that reduces that risk. I don't know for sure that I'm doing the right thing, but I'd rather be circumspect and safe then cavalier and regretful.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:37pm
groundswell wrote:

Roadkill im starting to believe the vaccine is a sham even though ive had two pfyzer shots.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=125457509845304&id=100...

LISTEN TO THE SCIENCE!*

*If the scientist tells you what you want to hear......

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:54pm

Thanks Craig I will look at it when I am on my computer.
Just a point that some may have missed about the ICU situation. This was explained to me by my daughter but I will try to corroborate it later. ICU nurses are specialists and they are usually assigned to a single patient. At the moment they do not have enough ICU nurses to allow that so they have one ICU nurse supervising several non-specialist nurses.This causes shortages right through the hospital such as those Stu experienced. So every extra ICU patient directly impacts the ability of the hospital to provide its usual level of service. It is also worth remembering that this includes the full range of usual medical emergencies. If you were critically injured at the moment and were admitted to a hospital in Greater Sydney, you would probably not receive the usual standard of care as in one specialist nurse per patient, in the ICU.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:54pm

@groundswell , you may want to do a background check on that Dr on Facebook , he’s had controversy in the past . I’m not saying everything he claims is false , I wouldn’t know. I do see a need for open discussion amongst scientists and doctors however, something that’s sadly been missing.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 1:56pm

"I don’t think that hospitalisation from Covid is even a remote reality for healthy people under 50."

The data Craig posted blows this claim out of the water particularly for the upper age ranges. 19% of cases in the 40-49 age group needed hospitalisation with 2%, representing 136 cases, needing the ICU. In the 30-39 age group, 15% of cases needed hospitalisation and 1%, representing 107 cases needed the ICU.

I hope everyone is aware that the risk of contracting the disease will radically increase as things open up and even the double vaccinated, particularly in the over 60 age group, will be at some degree of risk.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 7 Oct 2021 at 2:25pm

"I don’t think that hospitalisation from Covid is even a remote reality for healthy people under 50."

So a 16 yr old has a party with his mates , and now ones in ICU....

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/victoria-records-1638-new-co...