Interesting things too

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 21 Nov 2019 at 2:21pm

For when one interesting things thread isn't enough.

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:27am

Hey West of-
How do WE get to fill in Trumpys poll and give him some genuine feedback???

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 9:28am

haha- Trumpy's not interested in genuine feedback @views....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 2:54pm

Chomsky has jumped the shark.

As soon as someone claims Trump is a dictator , or trying to be a dictator, it’s instant loss of credibility and respect.

Some of the history in the article was interesting. The political opinions about the protests were typical Rick from Young Ones stuff which conflate peaceful protesters with the violent mobs. The democrat governors and mayor’s abrogating their responsibility to keep civilians safe with the hope that Trump sends in the military and this can be framed as dictatorial oppression.

The Seattle “ free zone “ is a cynical political trap laid with hopes that Trump, rightfully shutting it down, can be fraught with violence and thus enabling him to be framed as a dictator and the coup finally achieved. I hope he starves the undemocratic fuckers out. Trying to overturn democracy had nothing to do with justice for Black people.

Notice how the MSM was telling us how bad populism was when it went against their chosen political perspectives but now a vocal minority is celebrated as a popular movement .

Fuck the ochlocracy .

Chomsky is gonna shit himself if Biden gets in. That’s the thing about Never Trumpers, it’s no longer about politics. Biden is as right wing as Trump.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 2:49pm

More balanced opinions from someone who's never said a single bad word about Trump?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 2:50pm

Protests are undemocratic?

I thought they were a hallmark of democratic societies.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 3:11pm

As I said from day 1 ....Trump was only ever a protest vote. I think he’s good on China and his anti globalism . Apart from that I don’t think he’s amazing at all.

But I do know that there is undemocratic Anti Trump collusion by most of the MSM and I rally against this. It’s not necessarily pro Trump , more anti the orchestrated delegitimisation of his presidency and the coup attempts.

Trump was voted in....respect this. Otherwise you are rejecting democracy and the whole social contract falls apart . It’s not “ brave resistance “ , it’s a childish tantrum and a very , very bad precedent for a nation which hinges on the democratic concept.

What if Biden gets elected ? Does this mean those who didn’t vote for him will undermine his every action ? Lay political traps even if they are at the expense of innocent citizens ?

It’s fascism. The belief that the Democratic result should be ignored and “ resisted “ , particularly if mob violence is used to achieve this end , is fucked up.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 3:10pm

Freeride ....protests are democratic.

Setting fire to buildings, mob violence, looting and orchestrated political insurrection is not protest.

It’s a coup attempt.

It’s being piggybacked onto the BLM movement like any attempt at regime change, it is fostered around a kernel of legitimate public angst . Then amplified and redirected.

Do I need to start posting videos of the mob violence and unjustifiable anarchy to show you the difference between a protest and chaos being given its head so as to undermine faith in government and thus affect regime change ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 3:12pm

Your 'balance' reads as a pretense.

I mean, he used pepper spray against peaceful protestors, a move that drew the ire of defence force and politicians across the spectrum, and you defended it with a link to a bogus story.

Your authoritarian streak creeping through.

And you're also very pro-active posting all manner of pro-Trump stuff here. Not in response to anyone, not answering any questions that's been asked. Just doing it willingly.

Yet you've never once done the same when he's fucked up.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 3:29pm

Were you there , Stu ?

Were the protesters peaceful and likely to remain that way ? I view it from the perspective that there is many , many people who would do harm to Trump personally. A violent hatred of the man is encouraged. The MSM has been inciting this hatred and permitting violence against him.

Can you imagine how many weirdo fuvkwits are out there who swallowed the “ Trump is literally a Nazi “ dribble ? I don’t condone pepper smoke being used on innocent people , but this is crew who are outside twenty minutes before a curfew which was affected due to anarchic rioting and destruction. It’s not like this happened in a vacuum.

And you know what ? I fully , completely and utterly support whatever force necessary to quell violent anarchy in the streets. Perhaps your only experience of mob violence was the Cronulla “ riots “ where a few pissheads slapped a couple of people whilst the majority just stood around spectating and drinking ?

I’ve seen entire streets erupting in violence. Crew being knocked senseless with lumps of wood and then set upon. It’s fucking terrifying....and I wasnt even being targeted.

Then to watch mobs of fuckwits running rampant through the streets unchecked and the politicians responsible allowing it to happen....it’s fucked up.

Can you even imagine sitting in your darkened house , kids and missus huddled around you and terrified, as the violent mob burns , steals and kills in your street ?

How many people were killed in these riots ? Beaten senseless ? Robbed ? Their homes and businesses burnt to the ground ?

If you try and burn down my house or hurt my loved ones in the name of anything then expect to risk your life doing so.

I’d be calling in the F18s to bomb the fuckers into the next world.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 3:47pm

Authoritarian steak ?

FFS....I can’t even handle the signs at beaches telling you what to do or not do. I’m very , very far from authoritarian.

A substantial part of why I rally for Trump is because of the MSM and the fake left retards telling people who they can and can’t vote for and what they can and can’t think .

Fuvk off with your fascism .

Listen to that Vic Local queef , saying that he believes Swellnet should deplatform anyone HE decides doesn’t hold the right opinion. That’s your authoritarian.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 3:42pm

Yeah , Chomsky !

Let’s get rid of Trump cause he’s a dictator and the reason for every ill within US society .

Vote for hope in the future .....vote for Biden !

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 3:46pm

"A substantial part of why I rally for Trump is because of the MSM and the fake left retards telling people who they can and can’t vote for and what they can and can’t think ."

Jeez, you sound like a politician.

No principles of your own, just standing for anything that opposes the people you don't like.

Also, you realise Fox is MSM, yeah? They're one of the biggest news outlets in the world.

It's very easy to find fault with both sides, accuse both sides of groupthink and controlling the narrative, but when you side with a team don't put up some bullshit pretense about being forced into opposition. That's just an excuse.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 3:55pm

Look....I’m not siding with anyone. I think all politics has become a side show distraction. Particularly US politics. It’s all a set up .

How can 320Million people be whittled down to a fuvkwit with a combover and a senile old man ?

If it makes you personally happy , Stu , then here it is.....fuvk Trump . Fuvk Trump.

Now , I’d prefer if you didn’t carry on like the proper retards on here by trying to tell me what I think and who I support .

You really think I’m the type of person who hesitates to tell you what I really think about something ? That’s insulting. No offence , but I’ve got no reason or inclination to lie to your in order to gain your acceptance.

As for “ showing weak principles “ .....what’s this shit ? I’m not compromising anything I believe in. If you think some of what I say is contradictory then it’s a shortfall of understanding on your behalf.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:01pm

This is an example of the erroneous thinking you are demonstrating, Stu....

Because you accept the protests, you think that mob violence against innocent people is justified.

Because you agree that Black lives matter , you think that burning down the local library and supermarket where the neighbourhood shops is justified.

Because you don’t condone racism , you think that it’s cool to stage modern the equivalent of a book burning of all titles which some one , somewhere suspects that someone else may find offensive.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:04pm

I think Swellnet should have a 0.05 blood alcohol limit before being allowed to post in these forums. Even if it's just for those few hours late on a Friday arvo after which we are able to pass out beyond the reach of our keyboard in order to limit the literary drool.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:08pm

Ha Ha Stunet, now blowin is making up your arguments too.
Welcome to my world.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:09pm

Vic Local’s world is four graffitied walls , a putrid commode and a glory hole.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:13pm

blowin, read Garyg's post about not posting beyond .05
Go to bed blowin, you're drunk.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:20pm

To paraphrase someone ( Wilde ? Churchill ? ) .....Even if I was drunk ( I’m not ) at least tomorrow I’ll be sober , you will still be a mincing fascist.

Hey Vic....please don’t respond to my posts. I’m genuinely not interested in anything you have to say. At all. And if I have to read the mincing fake left buzzword du jour “ grifter “ once more I’ll make that call for the F18s.

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:25pm

darn, i've never posted sobber!
to be honest i need a few drinks to enjoy the drool..........

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:28pm

It’s all about the caffeine if you want to get really weird on here.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:32pm

"I’m not compromising anything I believe in."

vs.

"A substantial part of why I rally for Trump is because of the MSM and the fake left retards telling people who they can and can’t vote for and what they can and can’t think ."

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 4:48pm

And ?

My principles state that I need to oppose these fascists.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 5:43pm

What principles do you even have Blowin? All I've seen is raw unfettered hatred. Stu has got your number 100% with this one:

"No principles of your own, just standing for anything that opposes the people you don't like."

Having read far too many of your posts, it seems your driving force is the desire to inflict suffering on those you disdain.

As for this one:

"Now , I’d prefer if you didn’t carry on like the proper retards on here by trying to tell me what I think and who I support ."

Well my hypocrisy meter has just detonated. Especially when you follow it with:

"Because you accept the protests, you think that mob violence against innocent people is justified.

Because you agree that Black lives matter , you think that burning down the local library and supermarket where the neighbourhood shops is justified.

Because you don’t condone racism , you think that it’s cool to stage modern the equivalent of a book burning of all titles which some one , somewhere suspects that someone else may find offensive."

How do you reconcile these two statements? Or do you just flit from one fit of rage to another? Your posts demonstrate a severely impaired ability to make reasonable assessments of the veracity of facts or sources thereof.

And you have the gall to think you can define 'fake left' and then make those statements? Do you have any capacity for self reflection?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 6:18pm

JQ....Who is it you think I hate ?

Black people ? Give me a break . The only people I truly hate are fascist fucks trying to tell me what I should think . Be they the CCP or Vic Local they can all get fucked.

BTW....This :

"Because you accept the protests, you think that mob violence against innocent people is justified.

Because you don’t condone racism , you think that it’s cool to stage modern the equivalent of a book burning of all titles which some one , somewhere suspects that someone else may find offensive."

.......Was meant to be illustrative of irreconcilable thinking , not something I think myself. Whether your misinterpretation was the result of poor writing on my behalf or poor comprehension on your behalf, I’m not sure. Probably a bit of both.

You’re right about me feeling disdain for people I don’t agree with . So what ? Better that than trying to have them silenced like the fake left fascists.

I don’t want to inflict suffering on anyone. I want to live and let live . Don’t tell me what to think or do and you will be fine.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 6:17pm

My principles :

Don’t harm others unless they harm you

Don’t steal

Don’t lie

Try to improve yourself

Treat others with kindness

Basically do unto others as you’d have done to yourself. Simple shit.

I’m not always perfect. Doesn’t mean I should stop trying.. Doesn’t mean I’m willing to indulge fuckwits either.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 6:20pm

So calling for South Koreans to be deported and protestors to be bombed is treating others with kindness.
Fuck me, that's one weird definition of kindness.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 6:24pm

Ha Ha JQ,
You're getting blamed for interpreting blowin's idiotic comments exactly how they are written.
He probably expects an apology.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 6:30pm

Once more for the stupid people :

The South Koreans are taking a lot of jobs in an area with very high unemployment particularly for unskilled people. The South Koreans are welcome to stay in Australia as tourists if they want. I’ve got nothing against South Koreans. But they can go whistle if they think they’re entitled to displace locals for work.......get it ?

Surely even a committed outrage monger , thought policeman such as yourself can’t possibly misrepresent that opinion any longer ?

Hmmm,....I’m sure you’ll manage somehow !

As for bombing protesters ......I like the way you consciously ignored my direct reference to the difference between protesters and violent mobs attacking innocent people. I won’t go into it again as you’ll just blithely ignore it again .

Here’s an opinion of mine you must surely take at face value : I think you’re a weirdo White Knight dreamer who needs a strawman to practice charge with your blunted , plastic lance and I’m unfortunate enough to be chosen , despite myself having little resemblance to your fantasy bad guy.

In other words....you’re a fool.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 6:51pm

OMG, you really are one weird unit blowin.
You call other people fascist, while calling for people who are legally allowed to be in Australia to be rounded up for deportation based on their race. You do realise the Nazis first option, to solve their "problem", involved mass deportations based on race.
You call me a fascist, while saying looters should be bombed. No judicial system, just call in the military for an execution. Ex-judicial state sponsored killings is pretty fucking fascist mate, but as long as your perceived political enemies are dying, it's all ok with you. Bombs away.
The only reason why I debate you is for the LOLs. You never cease to amaze me with idiocy on a grand fucking scale.

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 7:05pm

Good to see everything is as-normal here...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 7:10pm

Based on nationality , not race. Plenty of fine Australians with South Korean heritage.

But of course you knew that . You just chose to pretend you didn’t so you could continue your campaign of relentless character assassination .

Just how long can you maintain this facade of wanting to be thought of as honest and principled whilst acting like a sneaky , disingenuous fuckstik in your pursuit of unfairly painting me as someone I’m not I wonder ?

Anyway....queefs gonna queef.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 7:23pm

Ha Ha, classic terminal.
It really is a circus.
Footy starts soon.
Bread and circuses mate.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 12:28am

Hey Blowie, I thought you burned your bridges?

Whoops. Silly me.

More bullshit.

As per usual.

Pity.

Bigots gonna bigot.

Oi, why don't you fuck off to this new 'racism' thread on here and confess?

Think of it as a sort of AA for bigotted kooks.

My name is Blowie, and I'm a....

Garn, stand up!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 10:41am

"You call me a fascist, while saying looters should be bombed. No judicial system, just call in the military for an execution. Ex-judicial state sponsored killings is pretty fucking fascist mate, but as long as your perceived political enemies are dying, it's all ok with you. Bombs away.
The only reason why I debate you is for the LOLs. You never cease to amaze me with idiocy on a grand fucking scale."

geez you could have hype it up (and misreprested) a bit more...

strange unit and idiocy on a grand fucking scale

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 10:40am

ACAB

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 1:13pm

"Strange unit and idiocy on a grand fucking scale"

Ah, the BI files.

Good to see you're finally getting onboard, Sepp. Took a while but you got there.

And ACAB is an European term, predominately British, in origin.

I think MDC or FTP is more you, Sepp.

Though it's good to branch out.

Baby steps.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 3:40pm

the origin doesn't really matter

it's the context

and philosophy

which you are spruiking/embracing...

which means you're a delusional teenager acting big and mature

or a delusiinal creepy old man acting like a teenager

ACAB

AAAD

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 3:41pm

"or a delusiinal creepy old man acting like a teenager"

is that you joe?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 3:47pm
Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 3:56pm

There’s no way in hell that Biden is going to be the Democrats candidate come Election Day.

Michelle Obama ? She ticks all the boxes. After the BLM progroms , the Democrats will be guaranteed to run a Black woman .

Hillary will be there for sure.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 4:06pm

maybe

probably

but it is fun to watch the disarray, its a shit show of unbelievable proportions, and from all that they've ended up with joe...

obama 2ic?

surely hilary would be a campaign killary?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 4:04pm

Blowin, what have I told you about drinking and posting?
This one cracked me up. And by the way what exactly is "progroms"?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 4:05pm

hilary or biden?

a competition of the compromised

it really is staggering they can be so all over the shop after four years to get their shit together

it's an A++ shambles

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 4:21pm

Vic....here’s the thing , mate.

I don’t come on here to argue with yourself and Facto. I’d rather not engage with you fellas as it’s just name calling bullshit. You guys just throw your stupid accusations around and it turns into me defending myself instead of exchanging thoughts and opinions with decent people.

So please just go away. I’ve told you repeat that I’ve got no interest in what you have to say.

I’m being nice . Don’t bother. I’m not interested.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 4:32pm

No seriously what is a "progrom"? I'm going to assume you misspelt a word. There's really only two words that you could have been trying to spell. I'm really interested which one it was.
Oh and "So please just go away". It doesn't work that way. If you say racist shit, there's going to be a response.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 4:29pm

Sypkan....conspiracy theories aren’t polite conversation, but you’d have to be a bit spare to honestly believe that they intend to go the distance with the obviously senile Biden.

I’m not taking the piss out of Biden. My old man is starting to show the same symptoms and it’s not pleasant for him or those who love him.

But my old man isn’t running for President.

It’s not bizarre , it’s cynical.

If ever there was to be an honest , forthright appeal to national unity in the USA , now is the time.

It speaks volumes that they are going in the other direction entirely. Says so much about the contempt for the American people , democracy and the idea that politics is intended to be for the betterment of everyone.

Bernie was sidelined in a clinical operation to clear the way for a fella who is starting to lose his marbles.

It’s heavy.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 6:06pm

"... It’s not bizarre , it’s cynical.

If ever there was to be an honest , forthright appeal to national unity in the USA , now is the time.

It speaks volumes that they are going in the other direction entirely. Says so much about the contempt for the American people , democracy and the idea that politics is intended to be for the betterment of everyone.

Bernie was sidelined in a clinical operation to clear the way for a fella who is starting to lose his marbles.

It’s heavy."

cynical indeed

whether they plan to replace him, or roll him out weekend at bernies style, it is really ugly bottom of the barrel devil's work stuff they are into now

you really couldn't paint a more rock bottom picture if making a movie about such things

its heavy heavy that it's come to this...

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 6:21pm

Kissinger approved

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 10:01pm

"We are living in the golden age of nonsense" -Hasan Minhaj

The more I watch of this guy the more I like him.
Straight from the hip and to the point.
Never ceases to evoke at least one "wow, wtf".
(Although his humour sometimes goes over my head)

Here he talks about the importance of 'local news', and this seems relevant to what is happening here in Oz with so many local newspapers stopping print.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/may/28/news-corp-announces-end-of...