Interesting things too

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 21 Nov 2019 at 2:21pm

For when one interesting things thread isn't enough.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 6:35pm

Please explain, 'edgelord'...

I mean, if you think you can...

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 6:39pm

And this might qualify as 'good news', but I'll recommend the following right here.

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2020/05/29/review-warwick-thorntons-...

I watched it in its entirety, straight through, no breaks.

Best thing I've seen on the small screen for years.

Masterful.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 6:44pm

Sounds like things are way better than they used to be, good to see we're making progress.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 6:51pm

I found it boring and self-indulgent.
Contrived, even.
Lasted 10 minutes.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 6:52pm

"Sounds like things are way better than they used to be, good to see we're making progress."

Job done, hey?

And congrats are in order...

Two of your glibbest and beigest consecutive posts in recent memory, Andy.

Need another paddle up the creek, I wager.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 7:02pm

well facto, make it whatever you want, because Im certainly not the definition you impose on me

so Im imposing it on you, someone who tries too hard to be edgy

some fucking try hard moron who writes such things as acab at the bottom of their posts

edgelord

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 7:00pm

fashionista edgelord...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 7:08pm

"Two of your glibbest and beigest consecutive posts in recent memory, Andy."

XX

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 9:00pm

Well, Sepp, your latest post 'explains' YOU...but still none the wiser about your previous gibberish containing:

My "...best two minutes of australia ever..."?

Mine??

And "platforming Neighbours"??

Let alone, the piece itself.

Again, please explain, if you think you are able...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 9:20pm

...just pointing out,

that you, the nice middle class (white) boy moron edgelord, that has probably never seen police discrimination in his life, has aligned himself with the mainstream revelation celebration, based around a 'token' neighbours diversity push character...

edgy stuff

acab

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 8:41am

Andy, re: The Beach, you realise it's not a documentary, yeah?

It's...gasp...art!

The camera work alone announces this.

So to call it 'contrived' makes little sense, really.

And regarding your own river mission, or for anyone that has camped and surfed in the NW of WA, say, parts of this meditative piece capture some of the sense of that experience. Time slowed; profound connection to your surroundings; the isolation and subsequent inward reflection; the unconscious healing power of this kind of immersion.

It's a slow and quiet burner, and you need to give it more than 10 minutes if you're genuinely interested. As I said I watched it in a complete block.

Jeez, the reverence given to the task of the daily big meal is so familiar...the observing of the rituals...quasi-religious!

This is manna from Australia's finest filmmaker.

Do yaselves a favour.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 9:20pm

aaad

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 10:11pm

Hahahahahaha.

THAT'S your explanation, Sepp??

What the fuck does a "token neighbours diversity push character" even mean??

You're as clear as slurry, and, as for the rest, well, as full of shite.

Never ASSUME, Sepp...you know the drill.

Imported Seppo-isms aren't doing you any favours, cobber.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 11:00pm

"What the fuck does a 'token' neighbours diversity push character' even mean??"

a bit much acting dumb now, you're one of the poo pushers...

"Never ASSUME, Sepp...you know the drill. Imported Seppo-isms aren't doing you any favours, cobber."

projecting...

again...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 9:46pm

and please don't start that projecting who's projecting while projecting shit again...

its too telling, not to mention typical...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 9:45pm

"I found it boring and self-indulgent.
Contrived, even.
Lasted 10 minutes."

100% agree

I kept seeing the promos adverts for it which made it look quite interesting, I was actually really looking forward to seeing it, but was really disappointed with it, just super slow and kinda forced just didn't feel natural, i guess i was expecting it to be more docco style though.

Lasted about 15-20 minutes but only reason i lasted that long was because i basically forced myself to give it a good go.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 10:34pm

Right, Sepp...................

(Eyes roll back inside skull)

"Token neighbours diversity push character" makes no friggin' sense.

And cheers Info, I reckon a lot of crew would count whatever you don't like as definitely worth a look then.

'Cos you're, y'know, a kook.

Best sticking to what you know...like...

um...

*crickets*

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020 at 11:32pm

You realise it's not a documentary, it's art, he says.

HAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the mansplaining you idiot.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 11:06am

Sorry, darl.

You know you can never ASSUME on here.

So what was the 'contrived' part again?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 12:39pm

why are anti-facists so bloody facist!!

please please please do not bring this shit to oz, ...whoops some dumbcunts are already trying...

"..Whatever you think of the need for the Insurrection Act, which was last used during the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles in 1992, Cotton’s op-ed had undeniable news value. That didn’t matter to the more than 1,000 employees of the Times who signed a letter objecting to the Cotton op-ed. “Running this puts Black @NYTimes staff in danger,” was the message that upset Times employees spread across Twitter."

"...To recap, Tom Cotton is a “fascist” for an argument most of the country supports, but there’s still no editor’s note explaining why the paper published a piece by a representative of the Taliban in February. Cotton is “needlessly harsh,” but the paper published a Donald Trump assassination fantasy in 2018. Cotton’s op-ed needed the “highest level of scrutiny,” but somehow a piece urging people to tear their own families apart with accusatory political blackmail was unobjectionable."

hypocrisy much? ...again...

"...No doubt the media establishment feels like it’s undergoing an anti-liberal ideological purification reminiscent of China’s Cultural Revolution. While this may cement power for activist factions within newsrooms, it also legitimizes and empowers conservatives who are openly waging war on the media establishment."

vehemently shutting down 'wrongthink' in an already hotbed climate around free speech across the spectrum...

what could possibly go wrong?

"...Meanwhile, lots of serious people aren’t responding to this crisis of legitimacy by clamoring for media reform. They’re more worried about which needed American institution will go crazy next. “Remember all those commentators and journalists who smugly informed us that the Woke craziness and suppression of campus speech was being overhyped and it was just a few overzealous students?” asks Brookings Institute fellow and Atlantic writer Shadi Hamid. “They'll never admit they're wrong. But they were very, very wrong.”

this shit is just the beginning of this craziness

our new gatekeepers of what's 'news'

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/06/09/campus_war_on_free...

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 12:29pm

TL:DR*, Sepp.

Are "token neighbours diversity push characters" involved?

*Trump-Love: Donald Rules!

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 2:45pm

TL:DR

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 4:44pm

"And cheers Info, I reckon a lot of crew would count whatever you don't like as definitely worth a look then.

'Cos you're, y'know, a kook.

Best sticking to what you know...like...

um...

*crickets*"

Ha ha you are such an immature troll, you are obviously butt hurt just because me and Andy don't like the TV show that you rate, i mean seriously how childish is that.

Who cares, like they say different strokes for different folks, there is no right or wrong with things like music or movies or food or whatever.

Only reason i commented on the topic was because Andys comment summed up exactly how i felt (and we rarely agree on things) and it was a show i was really looking forward to watching and then when i did i was disappointed.

The idea that if i don't like something then it must be good is just so childish. not to mention ive noticed over the years we share a love of many bands even some bands others have little interest in like Bored or Seaweed Gorillas, we are even both fans of Steve Albini producing work (although im not a fan of his bands) so it kind of throws that childish idea out the window.

The fact you cant have a civil conversation or even a civil debate without insults or trying to put down others, says a lot more about you than it does about me, maybe you should just try being a nice person for once instead of a troll.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 4:24pm

I was looking forward to it too, I usually love stuff like that.
But self-conscious and contrived as far as I'm concerned.
Stunning scenery though and I love that shack.

Yeah he'll be filing that shit away in his Hello Kitty diary - "black mark against Indo and Andy..."

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 5:57pm

"Ha ha you are such an immature troll, you are obviously butt hurt just because me and Andy don't like the TV show that you rate, i mean seriously how childish is that."

Nek Minnit

"...not to mention ive noticed over the years we share a love of many bands even some bands others have little interest in like Bored or Seaweed Gorillas, we are even both fans of Steve Albini producing work (although im not a fan of his bands) so it kind of throws that childish idea out the window."

Anyway,

"I was actually really looking forward to seeing it, but was really disappointed with it, just super slow and kinda forced just didn't feel natural, i guess i was expecting it to be more docco style though."

What's an example of the type of thing you were expecting, Info?

'Cos The Beach is far, far removed from your expectations as above. In an opposite vein, it'd be like me watching Bear Grylls, (somehow) expecting some meditation on isolation, environment, and connection, say, and when it turns out that it most patently is not (duh!), coming on here and bleating that it's 'crap' because it didn't fit my dumb-arse expectations and is not the type of 'shit' I like anyway (double duh!).

Anyway...we've always got The Jelvins, comrade.

Keep on truckin'.

Yew!

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 4:57pm

Speaking of "childish",

"Yeah he'll be filing that shit away in his Hello Kitty diary..."

Anyway Andy, didn't get back to me about the "contrived" part again after your 10 minutes of viewing of a 2 hour piece?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 5:45pm

Dale-Cooper. Love the post re Trump tweeting about a conspiracy with the 75 year old.
Here's the problem for our conservative "pick-a-side" friends. They don't argue about concepts and behaviour, they just support the people / organisations they deem to be "good" no matter what.
So when their hero turns out to be a complete fucking nutter, Trump's fan bois still defend him and start to look really fucking stupid.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 6:09pm

I hear ya, Vic.

Our very own Sepp, for example, was so anti-Hillary and 'edgelord' (Corporate Democrats, duh!), he painted himself into a Trumpy corner long ago, and is now so tarred with Donnie's brush, he's shedding IQ points daily tying himself into farcical knots of broken logic.

Could've spent his time proselytisin' for Sanders (apparently used to be a Greens voter here too!), but instead spent more time looking like he willed Biden into being, just so he can, y'know, 'edgelord' and shit, man.

Kinda sad...but then...yeah, naaaaaah.

Trump-Love trumps Trump Lulz.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 6:21pm

Meanwhile in Australia...

The University of Melbourne staff voted today on the proposal to cut wages and conditions. Results tomorrow.

Today’s vote is the first non-union ballot in the country, at the NTEUs largest branch and the first EBA variation since the pandemic to be put to a binding, all-staff ballot.

Melbourne's Vice Chancellor proposed a 2.2% pay cut and a cut in redundancy entitlements...all in order to pay for a financial crisis that doesn’t exist at the University of Melbourne.

https://melbourne-cshe.unimelb.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/339246...

Never waste a crisis...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 8:29pm

biden!

dems are so obsessed with ip, that even when they try to avoid ip, all they end up with is more ip,

committed, cornered and cursed by ip

their ideological idea locker is empty, and it shows...

Woke-Woes trumps Trump Lulz.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stillgray/status/1269710294546124800

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020 at 9:27pm

I pee, u pee, we all pee, I pee.

You hitting Twitter more than Trumpy lately, Sepp.

Edgelord flash: Corporate Dems are fuct, Biden is a dolt, the Republicans are fucter, Trumpy's a lunatic, and the US of A is cooked.

Whoah, Sepp!

#thingsgobetterwithwoke?

#TLDRultracrepidarianism4life

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 9:04am

yeh, I hate twitter, with a passion, I've avoided using it for so so long, its the domain of wankers

it drew me in through the riots though, the twitter vids are pretty much the only place you can find a glimpse of what's actually going on

because you and your no platform mates have shut down any possible display of reallity in the legacy media

I guess thats a 'winning' of sorts, we'll see...

book burning all the rage now, lets see how that pans out for ya

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 9:26am

there is some gold on there though, amongst the wankers

endearing antifa...

https://mobile.twitter.com/mymixtapez/status/1269005276616802310

or the bros. just taking a bit of power back... for a moment...

classic either way

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 3:16pm

Meanwhile in Australia...

History vs Semantics & Marketing.

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/scott-morrison-australia-slavery/

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 3:59pm

Scotty somehow forgetting the 170,000 white slaves sent from England over an 80 year period.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 4:12pm

I got an 11k robodebt from the government that was quickly filed in the garbo. The bloody Robonator....

robodebt

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 12:44am

Scotty from Marketing forgetting his base?

From the link above.

"British convicts transported on the First and Second Fleets were slaves in everything but name, and were routinely placed into “assigned service,” where they were leased out to private citizens, put into chain gangs, and forced to work. That was a practice so favoured by landowners that it virtually extended the life of British penal transportation to Australia all the way out to 1850, some 62 years after the arrival of the First Fleet."

Race traitor?

And you, Blowie, enabled Scotty from Marketing and his team to win the last election.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 5:26pm

Important news: Uni of Melbourne staff have roundly rejected their VCs proposed dodgy EA variation.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6789820/melbourne-uni-staff-rejec...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 5:47pm

Important to a university union staff wage drainer .....no one else gives a fuck.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 5:58pm

#ultracrepidarianism4life

#pist&whiny

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 6:25pm

Facto.....you are top five most boring counts ever graced Swellnet.

You add nothing. Not a creative / original bone in your body.

Half the shit you put up is plagiarised and the other half is a link to something someone else said. Thing is....you know this. That’s why you’re so enamoured with things you think are clever...
Because you’re a beige , boring cock who wouldn’t even know where to start being interesting.

Suck my dick you strange old fruit.

Type your faux punk shit into the computer then go work in your cube you conformist monkey.

Sypkan was right and you know it. Edgelord .....fake laugh that whilst you’re wasting your life clock watching at the office tomorrow .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 6:40pm

Reality is he is a true troll his aim is to get a reaction and stir shit

With either:

1. An Insult
2. Bait
3. Meme
5. Some cryptic crap that he thinks makes him appear clever.

The only exception is links to others opinions but often these fall under one of the above.

The only way to deal with trolls is not feed them (just ignore them) but i have to admit it's not easy.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 7:07pm

A friend was sent this from the Trump squad.....there's some real parallel reality stuff going on over there....

trumpletter

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 7:12pm

Info Dreamin'!

The troll expert!

Add it to his CV list...

Along with...

Erm...

Um...

Bingo! Got it!

Ultracrepidarianism!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 7:25pm

And what’s your CV consist of fuvkhead ?

You take the piss out of everyone without revealing a single thing about yourself . Cause you’ve got nothing to reveal. You take the piss out of my “ amateur share trading “ despite the fact that I’ve had 3 1/2 years of travelling , not working and doing what I want from it .

Meanwhile.....what the fuck have you done you cube monkey, wage slave , paper shuffling non entity ?

You shuffle to and fro from your shit job is what you do. Evenings, smoko and lunch spent trying to make others feel inadequate on the computer.

You’re a fuvking queef .

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 10:51pm

Bottlo attendant...according to you.

Union hack...according to you.

School teacher...according to you.

Labor Party apparatchik...according to you.

Chinese spy...according to you.

Traitor...according to you.

A plagiarist (though you don't know what that really is)...according to you.

"Top five most boring counts ever graced Swellnet" (Monte Cristo? Duckula?)...according to you.

"Cube monkey, wage slave , paper shuffling non entity"...according to you.

"Fuvking queef*"...according to you.

There's a definite pattern there.

Bullshit.

and YOU.

And we all know (going by your voluminous output on here, literally 24/7), that YOUR opinions, insights, and general considerations and utterances are as trustworthy and believable and noteworthy as the daily twitterings of Trumpy.

'Cept he's the president of the USA. And you're...YOU.

Tried Facebook, Blowie? You know, it's got family and friends to share YOURSELF with. It's kinda the point of social media.

Just an idea.

Or you could just ring into 2GB (unless you already do?)

Or just continue to work through your (un)conscious biases on here.

Painful as it is.

For all concerned.

Knock yourself out. You frequently do.

Speaking of CTE, the footy is back on.

Huzzah!

* what's a "fuvking queef"? Is it a Grindr code thing?

keano's picture
keano's picture
keano Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 8:45pm

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 8:54pm

hilderbrand's all over it

(yeh hilderbrand fuckwit, just once try and talk about the content, rather than your normal shit spraying no platforming belittling bullshit)

ttps://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/joe-hildebrand-cancelling-tv-suddenl...

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 9:30pm

Re: Studio Ten alumni, give me Denise Scott. She knows her onions.

Anyway, short interview time. With some ill informed media grifter.

Trigger warning. For those who need it.

https://truthout.org/articles/noam-chomsky-amid-protests-and-pandemic-tr...

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Thursday, 11 Jun 2020 at 10:19pm

A worthy read D-C. Thanks.