Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

keano's picture
keano's picture
keano Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020 at 11:07pm

and in other news prime minister Scott Morrison met with the National Cabinet tonight and despite every state government stating the fact humans have ten toes the prime minister announced to the nation humans have nine

Horas's picture
Horas's picture
Horas Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 3:03am

You're all doing what they want ,PANIC ,they own you.This is no accident.Cash bans,negative interest rates ,coming for your super next,what's left of it.Enjoy.

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 6:47am

Ive seen quite a few people driving around in their cars wearing breathing masks.
???

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 7:18am

Don't forget to pray, Ask God to intervene and protect your family, your friends and your nation. Ask Him to forgive our slack attitude toward Him and His values. We are praying for a breakthrough by April 8. This is the Jewish passover when in history the plague passed over the Israelis and the people were finally set free from their slavery in Egypt. A good a day as any for a final breakthrough. Men can create problems like war and disease but God has the final call...Why not ask Him in Jesus name for an end to our trouble. What do you have to lose?

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 7:41am

Or don’t, personal choice.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 7:41am

I’ll pray to Jesus if you coat yourself in fresh goats blood and bow down and beg forgiveness before Zuul.

Deal ?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 8:37am

"Scomo, it's just the economy bro"

Maybe you're on the dole so it doesn't matter and are celebrating because you just scored a big pay out, but people who may lose their jobs, houses, business don't see it that way.

The flow on effects from this is huge and goes past "just the economy", increase in homelessness, increase in domestic violence, increase in abuse of children and family breakdowns, increase in suicide rates, increase in alcohol and drug abuse.

Dont get me wrong, id love to just go into complete shut down for the next two weeks, and then take it from there.

But the idea that is just the economy is BS its such a balancing act and it's the hardest time and biggest decisions any Australian government has seen or had to make.

It's a balancing act between health and control of the virus and so many other aspects that direct affect millions of people.

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 9:52am

Will be interesting to watch the US when Donald tries to open up the country as he clearly prioritises the economy...the state's seem mostly to oppose this way of thinking.

Donald doesn't like it when he doesn't get his way

Optimist I don't mind a bit of religion, I just think you picked the wrong analogy...first we had drought, then fires...if they didn't fuck you the floods surely did...now the plague...I am thinking we have six more to go...no five...last marchs election must count

Watch out if some old hairy guy starts parting the waters between here and Indonesia...forum will go nuts with all that free traffic coming our way

philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizing... Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 10:22am

Balance wrote.
Will be interesting to watch the US when Donald tries to open up the country as he clearly prioritises the economy...the state's seem mostly to oppose this way of thinking.
Aka the 'Herd immunity' pathway.
Which China is obviously doing right now.
Which begs the question how strong are the immune systems of say for example
the American population.
David Icke is saying not very strong.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 11:04am

Good news regarding the #vanlife fuckwit backpacker crowd is they will be prioritised and given the dole payments so they dont have to worry about running out of tuna cans, cigarette buts and food packaging to leave in the carparks and toilet paper while they shit all over the place. This will give them ample time to disregard all social distancing rules and fill up the local beaches near you (and me) which will also result in everyone re all of you regardless of you opinions on the how dangerous (or not) this situation we are currently facing being banned from using said beaches soon. Another dick in the arse of the Australian public, all local surfers and whats left of us still paying tax. Slow Mo againis proving his leadership in times of crisis...Surely it would be cheaper to charter planes and take them home? There will not be 457, fruit picking, bar work for them even when things start to recover which could be a long time from now. Personally here in the SW we really need a good old fashioned 990 low with 50knot nw winds and 80mm rain but then the problem will just be blown up the coast not solved. Cunts are laughing at us

views from the ... Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 12:08pm

Just checked the seven deadly sins and SELFISHNESS isn't listed.

Not sure if Im rapt or damned.

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 12:49pm

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 2:42pm

As I said several pages back, public schools won't close. Teachers are the countries baby sitters..............Does anyone know of any public schools that have closed?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 3:23pm

Victorias school holidays for schools was brought forward from Friday to Tuesday, and we don't know if they will be going back in two or three weeks or three months.

It's basically just wait and see.

Suggesting closing schools is easy, but for families that need to work, it's not easy, many parents during school holidays use school holiday programs that are like child care but with activity's outings etc, these are now closed, many people during school holidays rely on grandparents to also mind children. (in this case puts them at risk)

And off course there is the fact some parents of school kids are employed in hospitals etc

Point is everything has pros and cons, hence why governments state and federal are trying to avoid closing schools, but highly likely will need to at some point.

Plus other aspects to consider, for example lets say kids missed three months of school, some kids would do nothing education wise over that time, while some would still get educated at home, the gap in learning between kids will the be huge when they do return.

So then you are left with other issues and decisions, like do all the kids repeat the year, do you try to sort them out on where they are at, and hold some back but not others? etc

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 3:28pm

Bali surf cams are on ..No turn off for Nyepi day.... I.D.isnt it usually off for 24 hrs ?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 3:42pm

I have no idea i rarely go to Bali

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 4:12pm

Five months without Federal parliament.

Extraordinary times etc etc...but does anyone think that's a good idea?

Worrying...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 4:23pm

Derek Riley redeeming himself superbly today. Rediscovering the ability to cut through expectations with his willingness to dare make light of an amputee. Beautiful stuff.

https://beachgrit.com/2020/03/covid-19-wretchedness-bali-closes-beaches-...

Great reportage from the front lines also.

PS ....Got to admire the Indonesians for their ability to stand up for themselves. Respect , Go home or die !

Something that temporary visitors in Australia could do well to remember.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 5:24pm

fitroy-21 Victoria / NSW / ACT Close Today...(Other Schools > 35% -80% absent)
There are some state schools with one student per class.

Boarding Schools & several Swatty High School Colleges closed a few weeks back.
At the time the wealthy Sydney school Private Colleges Coalition wanted out.
Teachers Unions, 2,500 Doctors , Principals , Parents (65%) wanted Closures.

PM...want's them open as 30% health nurses are (Parents) on Corona front line.
This is #1 concern around the World not just here!

Education Requirements dismissed...
6 months is the minimum attendance for a Pass Grade... (US 175 school days)
Failing 6 months students would be held back....There are provisions for Sickness!
This naturally requires a whole extra grade wing built into every single school.
Provision for an Extra 50,000 Students Oz wide (The Ultimate Stimulus Pack)

Other Countries are debating similar...
The Impact of of Youngest brightest minds repeating is nation destroying...
Hurricane Katrina pushed back education & nation took 4 years to recover.
4 years x 50,000 students = 4 year loss of 200,000 brightest smartest tech workers
So no going back...by cost on build & to Nation is crippling..(No Naplan until 2024!)
(PM could argue this!) Who here thinks PM knows this much? None! OK! Carry on....

Once Xmas, now just 2 weeks holidays sees an arson attack in each school.
Being generous, half of these schools are toast after just 3 months, surely!
Ok! So we find a miracle cure for arsehole arsonists before Corona virus (As if!)

Online Home Schooling is very strict & requires 1 month background checks.
Under current climate..roughly 3-4months wait would be fast tracking.
Plenty of Kidz count the hour to escape to school now with their tormentor 24/7.
Parent or carer is also obliged to commit to State Education Nodes

Provisions of Computing Power needs. (Teacher on one speed...all on another)
NBN / Telstra / Optus say Oz can't do it... along with Conferences & Everyone Now!
PM can't promise Online education without capacity / Checks / Education Pack!

Private Schools don't have such drawback & already run Uniform On Line classes.
Student is school hour compliant by way of Uniform. (re: a/h travel compliance)
These schools are well ahead & will secure Top Oz Jobs over next 4 years! Already!
PM's favour & freedom & financing of Elite schools lands them Oz Top Jobs.

HSC is on for Seniors & Private Schools are in the box seat...
State Seniors have no decent online programs...just rubbish sold by crooks.
No Graduation / No Prom / Yet all have booked out schoolies.

Best case scenario for other grades.
Lock in 6 months(Pass)with promise of 1st Term refresher + revised combo year.
This buys certainty over stress + iron out bugs for 1st online Naplan in 2024 .

For the Present:
Keep open a makeshift daycare class/wing for children of Corona Frontline crews. (Fair)
Govt has committed to HSC- Can't then abandon Seniors.(Own travel is Fair)
Essentially just run admin & Front classes that also Secures whole school from vandals.
The main 80% can play around with home computers until loose 6mth comply is done!

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 5:21pm

Cheers TBB.
My Mrs is a teacher and she is livid that schools are still open and not in lockdown. We fully understand the situation of workers, particularly front line, needing the kids to be in school, hence my comment about teachers being the country's baby sitters. We took the kids out of school a few weeks ago to lessen the risk. We are fortunate though as I am not working and can home school them. We are not alone as many parents are doing the same but teachers are being made to go each day even with classes half full or less. The PM's comments are just hypocrisy. No more than 5 at a wedding, no more than 10 at a funeral, etc, etc, but hey, schools with 500 odd students are open and encouraged. WTF.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 5:42pm

Health is the responsibility of the states.

Economics is the responsibility of the federation.

Scummo is such a sociopathic career man that he is putting politics before lives by refusing to acknowledge the human cost of his half-pregnant response to the crisis.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 6:22pm

After watching the full broadcast by the PM last night I was almost a believer. Still thought is a turd for all his misdeeds but I thought he is finally getting it.

And then Michelle Grattan asked the question about why travellers from overseas were allowed to walk through arrivals without being screened.

Without a blink of an eye the old lying Scommo was back. So close, he almost had me

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 6:44pm

Good post truebluebasher few aspects in there i hadnt heard or considered.

The PM obviously has all kind of advisors that I'm sure look at all these aspects and a lot more though, so even though he might not know others would and brief him.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 7:12pm

Where did the word vaccine come from?

The word vaccine was created by Edward Jenner, an English physician who noticed milkmaids did not suffer
from smallpox. Vaccine comes from the Latin word vacca, meaning cow.
In 1796, Edward did a fun little experiment on his 8 year old neighbour, giving him a small dose of the lesser problematic cowpox, for which he became slightly ill but then recovered. Next he dosed him up with a little bit of smallpox (case fatality rate 30%, and has killed 400 million people in its 12,000 year history) and bingo, the boy did not die, nor get sick.
Edward gave his friend a house as a reward, and vaccine was born

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 8:17pm

Fliplid....nice link.

Classic.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 8:17pm

Fliplid....nice link.

Classic.

views from the ... Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 9:32pm

We can all thank our Governments for getting us into this mess!

https://freedomnews.org.uk/coronavirus-is-not-a-natural-disaster/

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 12:25am

Right Royal Virus...No Spoiler!
The Prince does a lot of hand shaking with big wigs?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/25/prince-charles-tests-pos...

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 10:34pm

When I first saw this come out in Jan. I thought yea naa, I'll pass.

"There is an eerie coincidence in the timing of the series release, which came just a few weeks before the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the coronavirus outbreak to be a pandemic."

And what are people now watching whilst in self-isolation?

Strange times indeed.

https://www.netflix.com/au/title/81026143

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 4:17am

"Patrick .....you think the whole thing is a piss take, cover-up globally collusive ruse instigated by the Chinese Government ?
What’s your point ?
I’ve got some conceits which would be considered outlandish. Let’s hear you reasoning for this ."

My point was the focus on covid19 and not the myriad other causes/contributors of death that exact a higher toll. However, it gets muddled trying to express it in a way without sounding like I’m dismissing anyone with a pre existing condition.
It gets further confused by the conundrum of there not being enough ICU beds, ventilators and health personnel to deal with an acute hit on the health system.

Conspiracy theories don’t matter. What’s important are solutions and conversations about creating a better world which is what I’d like to shift the focus and conversations to.

Because of what’s been going on people are starting to think more about the importance of local food supplies, local production, short (and thus stronger) supply chains, community help, realising that we’re all essentially the same and being confronted with what’s important in life. The broad industry and business slow down has made the city streets much more pleasant. The quieter streets and absence of the rush rush of dollar making make for a much more pleasant city experience. The roads are quieter… there’s no rush to get to work or get the kids to school… days begin slowly.

So, let’s build on this. Encourage backyard food growing, supporting local farmers, indie traders, small crafters and local producers. Get to know your neighbour. Realise that more time with your family is a good thing and if you are finding it difficult interacting with spouse or family then reflect on why that is.

People have been shocked into realising that having too many goods produced overseas leaves us at the mercy of others and at the mercy of nature.

This is an opportunity to gather numbers and momentum behind a push to get some wealth back from the bastards hoarding all the profits from digging up and selling our resources. Create a wealth fund from taxes on minerals. Use that wealth fund to support people at risk of losing their businesses and jobs during times like this.

Keep the broad conversation in the community on those topics. What are we going to do after all this? Go back to the same dog eat dog paradigm? We’re a wealthy country let’s use it wisely.

Health – the data from Italy says c19 deaths are mostly of people with preventable illnesses…. Get the fucking processed crap off the shelves! Get back to real food, bring back hunting, get outside and grow and catch your food. Get all the unnecessarily sick people out of the hospital by doing away with so much shit that is sold as food.

Important conversations I think.

Get soldiers out of forign lands so they're not shooting unarmed farmers.

That’s a broad ramble…
…how do some of you have so much time to spend on here…?

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 10:45pm

Build resilient communities.
Slow things down so there's more time for sex and surfing
:)

views from the ... Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 10:57pm

Agreed Patrick! :-)

Now lets open up those border controls and get those planes flying again so I/we can resume enjoying ourselves :-))

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 11:19pm

Er...

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020 at 11:46pm

Noble stuff, Patrick, but this is Australia now, not 232 years ago. Good luck with all that though. Especially on here...and out there.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 12:06am

Patrick... noble sentiments !

The virus is harshing our buzz, no two ways about it. But now is the perfect time to arrest the overreach of globalisation and neoliberalism. The downsides of this approach have been laid bare. China ...the source of the virus ....cares not for us. They have been our major trading partner for recent years and the obvious disregard for Australians by their official diplomatic channels cannot go unacknowleged.

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 12:27am

So let's vote Liberal again. 73 years, more often than not, give or take.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 12:28am

It wasn't meant to be noble, but highlighting that people have been confronted with where their food (and their 'stuff') comes from and how dependent we are on each other (politicians aren't saviours).
It's an opportunity to strengthen local networks. Global trade will still happen.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 12:32am

"So let's vote Liberal again. 73 years, more often than not, give or take."

It's an opportunity to look beyond all that crap... Libs vs Labs. Politicians of any persuasion aren't your saviour.

views from the ... Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 6:58am

Pretty sure it was little Johnny Howard who first suggested privatisation of Medicare.
Further distancing themselves (Government)from social responsibility whilst greasing the palms of a few.
And turning "mom and dad" shareholders into "businesses".
Thats just capitalism with a capital C!
Just 3 letters missing...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 7:16am

The Chinese diaspora were never more than a fifth column.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/chinese-backed-company-s-mission-to-sour...

And whilst they were raping us of our supplies they were simultaneously trying to infect us with the virus.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/chinese-embassy-accuses-australia-of-overrea...

Remember this when the 5th columnists come to clean out your local supermarket and act accordingly.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 7:30am

"It's an opportunity to look beyond all that crap... Libs vs Labs. Politicians of any persuasion aren't your saviour."

Sikpup can't move beyond that, he's a part of the problem...

literally

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 1:32pm

""Basically all employees, the majority of whom are Chinese, were asked to source whatever medical supplies they could," one company insider told the Herald. This exercise went on for weeks through January and February, he said.

The entire accounts department, contract managers, the human resources team and even receptionists were sent on a mission to find bulk supplies of surgical masks, thermometers, antibacterial wipes, hand sanitisers, gloves and Panadol."

and now aussies are fucked and cannot source surgical masks, anti-bacterial wipes and hand sanitiser. panadol - 1 box at a time, thermometer- haven't tried. now where's all the stuff when we need it most, like really really need it... life and death need it...

ever feel you been taken for a ride?

sold out by a political class for a pittance of money in an aldi bag

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 7:43am

To make matters worse is the way Australians have been gaslighted into believing that to raise a voice in dissent is racist by the same people who allowed the situation to get to this stage.

The media has been calling the recent supermarket raids fake news. They think they are preserving civil stability by allowing this overt undermining of our people by foreign agents.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 7:54am

"The media has been calling the recent supermarket raids fake news. They think they are preserving civil stability by allowing this overt undermining of our people by foreign agents."

I think we all know how that's going to pan out... eventually..

fake news... yeh nah, the vids are out there ...though disappearing..

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 8:22am

The list of items that have restrictions on how many you can buy now is pretty long, and you can only buy one item of say toilet paper etc.

I saw a list the other day, must be about 30-50 items, if you can even find them, especially now the elderly etc get the first hour of shopping.

I saw in the media few supermarkets are also now crazy enough doing ID checks (saw i news a few are doing it, but this is all i can find online)

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/19/regional-australi...

"After ‘thousands of different faces’ began panic-buying due to coronavirus, customers must now prove they live locally"

ha ha read into that ""After ‘thousands of different faces’ as you will.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 8:39am

Ever get the feeling that this isn’t accidental ?

https://chaser.com.au/national/morrison-issues-crystal-clear-guidance-st...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 9:44am

the government has got to get smarter. having masses of people swarming over each other, wrestling to buy items that are not there, touching,, pushing,, coughing, not what you'd call 'best practice'

ffs you have to break the 1.5 m rule just to get near any products, and then all that's left is some shitty flavour of chunky soup you'd think twice about feeding to the dog

we need home delivery now!

essential items allocated to every household before the nutters get to raid the shelves.

new app 'super (market) eats', recruit the 2 million hanging out front of centrelink... (f you can, given the super dumb pay rise you just gave all doleys, now the 'job market' just became a lot less attractive...)

maybe hire the vibrants and van lifers, they can drive ...oh fuck, you just pretty much gave them citizenship too...

well, there must be someone left out there with enough self pride they want a job and can drive a van...

home delivery, bread, fruit n veg, the 'paper', basic foods, hand sanitiser, facemasks, etc. to those who want it

controlled, regulated (advoating everything I hate, but its the smartest thing to do)

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 9:18am
philosurphizing... Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 9:49am

Panic buying in Jamaica

View post on imgur.com

<script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 26 Mar 2020 at 9:32am

the europe project is done...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/eu-europe-borders-coronaviru...

Since 2008, the EU has careened from one crisis to the next—a global recession, its own eurozone crisis, the refugee crisis, and Brexit—finding ways to survive while avoiding fundamental questions about what its future holds. It wasn’t in the healthiest condition going into this pandemic. Budget talks broke down at the end of February, and though accession talks with Albania and North Macedonia were agreed to Tuesday, further EU expansion won’t happen within the next 10 years. And now the coronavirus poses what may be the most severe stress test yet.