Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 9:14am
burleigh wrote:

road dill, the man who wanted someone charged with murder if his mum caught covid off them and died now ok with tens of thousands of civilian deaths in a war. Actually encouraging it.

The DILL

Deflection burleigh… how about you tell how to fix the mess?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 9:15am
Jelly Flater wrote:

Geez dill ;)

You’re enjoying that rocket the further up it goes…

So no solutions to offer?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 9:23am
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:

road dill, the man who wanted someone charged with murder if his mum caught covid off them and died now ok with tens of thousands of civilian deaths in a war. Actually encouraging it.

The DILL

Deflection burleigh… how about you tell how to fix the mess?

I don't have an answer Dill.

I expect nothing less from you. As long as the deaths don't affect you, you'll encourage it.

What if these innocent civilians are your fully vaccinated mum in a cafe?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 9:35am
Roadkill wrote:

How easy for us here living in a nice 1st world mostly peaceful non violent country…to want others to basically take no real actions when the neighbours come over and kill your babies, rape your wives, torture and murder sons and brothers. Hamas will never be peaceful or take the road of non violence…do nothing and they will do the same again.

No one said anything about Israel not taking action, the type of action is what is being questioned. You put words into others mouths.
Fact is Israel is just as guilty as causing death a Hamas (a lot more women and children actually), they can just do it from afar with missiles and aircraft.
But what is going to be the end result even if the perfect scenario Hamas are taken out with minimal civilian deaths? What comes after Hamas? I would say will be more extreme and deadly, so no winner there.
Let's have a quick glance at another scenario.
Israel flatten Gaza, heaps of deaths and is televised across the world. Only the USA, UK and Australia will be left supporting that. Mass uprisings in ME, Hezbollah and Iran engage bringing in other ME states who can no longer even pretend to support Israel after their local populations rise up wanting revenge. Other ME states getting involved. Oil prices skyrocket causing severe worldwide depression.
China calls for restraint and most countries of the world now see China as new world leader.
USA enters hot war in ME again involving Iran, Iran get support from China and Russia.... etc etc.
Now is not the time for revenge, but for cool heads and a real start to work out some kind of acceptable solution for all parties in Israel. For this to happen the USA is the only country that can influence Israel as their primary donor and supporter.
Anyway that's my last 2 cents worth, I am getting too upset with whole situation.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 9:52am

Dill, you have exclaimed others are displaying peak stupidity…
- whilst trying to demand others give solutions while spouting:

‘No mercy should be given’ ??? (… great ‘solution’ you are offering there).

- sounds like the very antithesis of a ‘solution’ ;)

You’ve also accused ppl of hypocrisy…
- yet ignore the fact israel continues to create illegal settlements while preaching adherence to international law. (That is hypocrisy right there).
- and ignore the fact israel also does not abide by international law through cutting electricity, water and medicine from gaza (yet the international community tries to still justify the ‘right to self defence according to international law’). ???

So the israeli government and idf demand conditions be followed and try defend the application of force in accordance with international law, yet don’t actually abide by these laws when carrying out operations…
Get it yet numbnuts ;)

- that is hypocrisy.

And when you learn to read, try understand I offered a solution previously :

‘israel to stop colonising illegally with settlements is a start.’

It may not be foolproof, but it would be a start…
It would also eliminate the …ummm …hypocrisy ;)

- you know, the hypocrisy of stating that one must observe international law while clearly not actually following it, but instead doing the exact opposite…

(the UN ruling categorically states further israeli settlements in the occupied territories as being ILLEGAL)

- yet the settlements continue to this day… in direct violation of international law.

But yeah… the no mercy ‘solution’.
- escalate the killing, feed the possibility of further retribution, and create the certainty of more death and misery…
Good one chief gumboot ;)

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 9:57am

Just to take a step back, some modern historical context to the formation of the state of Israel, heralded by the Balfour Declaration (long read)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 9:59am

Are people here forgetting about the live hostages that Hamas is holding? These people have families who surely want to see some action. Whatever the history is, the state has the responsibility to save its own citizens.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:00am
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

How easy for us here living in a nice 1st world mostly peaceful non violent country…to want others to basically take no real actions when the neighbours come over and kill your babies, rape your wives, torture and murder sons and brothers. Hamas will never be peaceful or take the road of non violence…do nothing and they will do the same again.

No one said anything about Israel not taking action, the type of action is what is being questioned. You put words into others mouths.
Fact is Israel is just as guilty as causing death a Hamas (a lot more women and children actually), they can just do it from afar with missiles and aircraft.
But what is going to be the end result even if the perfect scenario Hamas are taken out with minimal civilian deaths? What comes after Hamas? I would say will be more extreme and deadly, so no winner there.
Israel flatten Gaza, heaps of deaths and is televised across the world. Only the USA, UK and Australia will be left supporting that. Mass uprisings in ME, Hezbollah and Iran engage bringing in other ME states who can no longer even pretend to support Israel after their local populations rise up wanting revenge. Other ME states getting involved. Oil prices skyrocket causing severe worldwide depression.
China calls for restraint and most countries of the world now see China as new world leader.
USA enters hot war in ME again involving Iran, Iran get support from China and Russia.... etc etc.
Now is not the time for revenge, but for cool heads and a real start to work out some kind of acceptable solution for all parties in Israel. For this to happen the USA is the only country that can influence Israel as their primary donor and supporter.
Anyway that's my last 2 cents worth, I am getting too upset with whole situation.

Im curious how you think Israel should have responded?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:01am
Jelly Flater wrote:

Dill, you have exclaimed others are displaying peak stupidity…
- whilst trying to demand others give solutions while spouting:

‘No mercy should be given’ ??? (… great ‘solution’ you are offering there).

- sounds like the very antithesis of a ‘solution’ ;)

You’ve also accused ppl of hypocrisy…
- yet ignore the fact israel continues to create illegal settlements while preaching adherence to international law. (That is hypocrisy right there).
- and ignore the fact israel also does not abide by international law through cutting electricity, water and medicine from gaza (yet the international community tries to still justify the ‘right to self defence according to international law’). ???

So the israeli government and idf demand conditions be followed and try defend the application of force in accordance with international law, yet don’t actually abide by these laws when carrying out operations…
Get it yet numbnuts ;)

- that is hypocrisy.

And when you learn to read, try understand I offered a solution previously :

‘israel to stop colonising illegally with settlements is a start.’

It may not be foolproof, but it would be a start…
It would also eliminate the …ummm …hypocrisy ;)

- you know, the hypocrisy of stating that one must observe international law while clearly not actually following it, but instead doing the exact opposite…

(the UN ruling categorically states further israeli settlements in the occupied territories as being ILLEGAL)

- yet the settlements continue to this day… in direct violation of international law.

But yeah… the no mercy ‘solution’.
- escalate the killing, feed the possibility of further retribution, and create the certainty of more death and misery…
Good one chief gumboot ;)

got it Jelly. Israel bad and everything is their fault. Hamas are peace loving and should be offered respect and negotiation.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:08am

Israel has dug itself well into this hole long before Hamas even existed. Could be argued they set the scene for the creation of hamas.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:15am

btw Jelly, Israel has restarted water and electricity to southern Gaza...the south, where they have advised the Palestinians to move to. The south where Hamas is not allowing the civilian population to go to because they want civilian deaths to garner pity from the west and people like you.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:22am
seeds wrote:

Israel has dug itself well into this hole long before Hamas even existed. Could be argued they set the scene for the creation of hamas.

Israel hasn't dug any hole, no matter what they would always be under attack from radical islamic nationalist groups, there is many that are very open about the fact they wont be happy until every Jew is dead and every bit of Israel is Palestine.

Theres no logical way to deal or negotiate with that kind of mindest.

Roadkill wrote:

btw Jelly, Israel has restarted water and electricity to southern Gaza...the south, where they have advised the Palestinians to move to. The south where Hamas is not allowing the civilian population to go to because they want civilian deaths to garner pity from the west and people like you.

Well thats good news.

Funny thing about people like Jelly is if he was over there and said hi guy's i support you, they wouldn't care he as an infidel would be kidnapped or killed.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:21am

‘Israel bad and everything is their fault. Hamas are peace loving and should be offered respect and negotiation.’

- that’s a fucked up interpretation right there.
You’re just making a fool of ya self dill. (nothing new)

Not once have I defended the actions of hamas nor endorsed them.

Quit trying to inflame things while throwing out accusations, and demanding solutions but offering nothing of your own…

You can’t go pretending to be a judge on hypocrisy while backing a regime that accuses others of being animals, yet then proudly engages in and also defends animalistic revenge.

You’ve got the moral compass and integrity of a gumboot…
- wallowing in hypocrisy and ignorance.

‘No mercy!!!’

https://m.

&pp=ygUTYmFsZm91ciBkZWNsYXJhdGlvbg%3D%3D

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:23am
flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:23am

I asked above but it probably got missed in this heated exchange. What should Israel do with its citizens who are being held hostage by Hamas?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:24am
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

bullshit. Israel has done and is doing far more to limit civilian deaths than Hamas ever will. Hamas use human shields and cowardly hide behind Palestinian woman and children and Israel hostages. They give zero fucks about their own people....yet, here you are being suckered in and blaming Israel. Hamas are the bad eggs here. wake up

ps...terrorists don't want negotiation

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:26am

And id…
You are king numpty ;)

One of my good friends is a man of palestinian heritage, married to a jewish girl.
A beautiful example of a shared existence and of hope.
- sure they’ve had their share of naysayers (from both sides)…

They provide wonderful and enlightening insights into what life was like there, and what it is like here…
- and how most ppl take the news they see and hear as reality.

It’s not.
And you don’t know shit ;)

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:28am
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Im curious how you think Israel should have responded?

First, I would want instigate an investigation on how such a major flaw in their security services took place to avoid something such as this ever being able to occur.
Second, would make getting back the hostages a priority if at all possible.
Third, would use intelligence and special forces, targeted air attacks to track down who was responsible and deal with them. Yes there would be still innocent deaths but not wholesale slaughter.
The ramifications if Israel do undertake a scorched earth policy, I believe will cause blow back and destroy the sympathy the world has for them presently.

Anyway I really do not know shit but hate to see innocent people killed and injustice.
Read somewhere recently that Iran may have ordered this attack by Hamas due to one of their nuclear scientists being assassinated by USA/ Israel. There is so much more going on I reckon, and as usual when the major powers fight it's the innocent who are hurt.

Over and out.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:29am
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

bullshit. Israel has done and is doing far more to limit civilian deaths than Hamas ever will. Hamas use human shields and cowardly hide behind Palestinian woman and children and Israel hostages. They give zero fucks about their own people....yet, here you are being suckered in and blaming Israel. Hamas are the bad eggs here. wake up

Learn to read mate, no where have I blamed Israel.
Trying to understand things rather than jumping on the revenge goodies versus baddies bullshit you are tied up with.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:32am

@flollo

Negotiate a prisoner swap might be an option.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:32am
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Trying to understand things rather than jumping on the revenge goodies versus baddies bullshit you are tied up with.

quote "Fact is Israel is just as guilty as causing death a Hamas (a lot more women and children actually), they can just do it from afar with missiles and aircraft."

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:36am
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

quote "Fact is Israel is just as guilty as causing death a Hamas (a lot more women and children actually), they can just do it from afar with missiles and aircraft."

Figures don't lie.
No blame made mate, just death count between 2008 - 2020 that was given and how these people died.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:40am
Jelly Flater wrote:

And id…
You are king numpty ;)

One of my good friends is a man of palestinian heritage, married to a jewish girl.
A beautiful example of a shared existence and of hope.
- sure they’ve had their share of naysayers (from both sides)…

They provide wonderful and enlightening insights into what life was like there, and what it is like here…
- and how most ppl take the news they see and hear as reality.

It’s not.
And you don’t know shit ;)

Ha ha how ironic, i knew you were a knob but fuck me dead you have shown your true colours in this thread.

Im almost certain you had no idea of the long history of Jewish history in Israel going back thousands of years even before Islam was a thing.

Maybe we should all throw in and buy you a ticket to Gazza and we can see how your naive support goes, at least we will would only have to buy a one way ticket.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:43am

Where’d u get your history from fuckwit ? ;)

Sky news ?

Just coz you’ve been getting a chub from the no result doesn’t make you an expert on world affairs.

I’ve travelled through the middle east numpty boy.
The only gastro coming from you is outta ya mouth ;)
- time to stfu ;);)

eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:46am

Can you please explain this comment.
I’m obviously missing something here.

“long history of Jewish history in Israel going back thousands of years before Islam was even a thing.”

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:47am

Exactly.
King numpty on parade ;)

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:47am

Can all Israel Palestine talk shift over to this thread?

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico/571321

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:55am
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Figures don't lie.

The truth is better than figures in this case.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:55am

And… it is ironic… I got a mate called Gazza down the coast ;)

I can pay my own way tho…
One thing is, he can spell ;)

And also doesn’t pretend he knows shit when he doesn’t ;)
- he knows about the long history in the middle east region going back thousands of years before israel was even a thing…

Ironic ;)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:59am

Stu…
Can you blend the politico thread into all things religion ;)

Haha… no really…
Here’s to a change of pace ;)
Don’t want id to chub out completely…